Genomes and Genes
Summary: Antibodies from an ndividual that react with ISOANTIGENS of another individual of the same species.
Publications263 found, 100 shown here
- Outcome of subclinical antibody-mediated rejection in kidney transplant recipients with preformed donor-specific antibodiesA Loupy
INSERM UMR 872, Universite Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Am J Transplant 9:2561-70. 2009..C4d-negative SAMR patients displayed an intermediate course between the no-SAMR group and the C4d+ SAMR group. Screening biopsies may be useful to recognize patients more likely to develop SAMR...
- Clinical relevance of pretransplant donor-specific HLA antibodies detected by single-antigen flow-beadsPatrizia Amico
Clinic for Transplantation Immunology and Nephrology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Transplantation 87:1681-8. 2009..The aims of this study were to investigate to which extent HLA-DSA detected by SAFB represent a risk for antibody-mediated rejection (AMR) and diminished allograft survival, and to define HLA-DSA characteristics predictive for AMR...
- Significance of low-level DSA detected by solid-phase assay in association with acute and chronic antibody-mediated rejectionToshihito Hirai
Department of Urology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Transpl Int 25:925-34. 2012..001; chronic AMR, 4.7%, P < 0.001). The 5-year graft survival rate also improved after implementing SAFB (83.3-98.1%, P = 0.032). The RIT/DFPP-induction protocol may improve graft survival even in patients with low-level DSA...
- De novo DQ donor-specific antibodies are associated with a significant risk of antibody-mediated rejection and transplant glomerulopathyMichelle Willicombe
Imperial College Kidney and Transplant Centre, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Transplantation 94:172-7. 2012..The aim of this study was to establish the incidence and outcomes after the development of DQ DSAbs along with the impact of class II HLA mismatch on their development...
- Surveillance of alloantibodies after transplantation identifies the risk of chronic rejectionPamela M Kimball
Department of Transplant Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University Health Systems, Richmond, Virginia 23219, USA
Kidney Int 79:1131-7. 2011..Thus, systematic assessment of longitudinal changes in alloantibody levels, either by FCXM or solid-phase assay, can help identify patients at greater risk of developing CR...
- Posttransplantation production of donor HLA-specific antibodies as a predictor of renal transplant outcomeJudith E Worthington
Transplantation Laboratory, Manchester Institute of Nephrology and Transplantation, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9WL, UK
Transplantation 75:1034-40. 2003..This study aimed to determine whether the production, in renal transplant recipients, of antibodies directed against donor HLA mismatches is predictive of transplant failure...
- Impact of donor-specific antibodies on chronic rejection occurrence and graft loss in renal transplantation: posttransplant analysis using flow cytometric techniquesA Piazza
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Institute of Tissue Typing, Unit of Rome, Italy
Transplantation 71:1106-12. 2001....
- The prevalence of irregular erythrocyte antibodies among antenatal women in DelhiSangeeta Pahuja
Regional Blood Transfusion Centre and Department of Pathology, Lady Hardinge Medical College and Kalawati Saran Children s Hospital, New Delhi, India
Blood Transfus 9:388-93. 2011..Furthermore, there is limited information on immunisation rates in pregnant women (D antigen-positive and D antigen-negative) from India. We, therefore, studied the prevalence of alloantibodies among multigravida women in India...
- Detection of anti-MICA antibodies in patients awaiting kidney transplantation, during the post-transplant course, and in eluates from rejected kidney allografts by Luminex flow cytometryYizhou Zou
Transplantation of Immunology Division, Department of Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8886, USA
Hum Immunol 67:230-7. 2006..Further studies will be required to determine whether patients who produce alloantibodies against MICA alleles are at risk for transplant rejection even when no HLA antibodies are detected...
- Anaphylactic transfusion reactions in haptoglobin-deficient patients with IgE and IgG haptoglobin antibodiesEiko Shimada
Transfusion Information Department, The Japanese Red Cross Central Blood Center, Tokyo, Japan
Transfusion 42:766-73. 2002..Haptoglobin deficiency therefore might be a risk factor for NHTRs...
- Transfusion-related acute lung injury: epidemiology and a prospective analysis of etiologic factorsChristopher C Silliman
Bonfils Blood Center and the Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, USA
Blood 101:454-62. 2003..TRALI, like the acute respiratory distress syndrome, may be a 2-event phenomenon with both recipient predisposition and factors in the stored units playing major roles...
- Anti-human leukocyte antigen and donor-specific antibodies detected by luminex posttransplant serve as biomarkers for chronic rejection of renal allograftsNils Lachmann
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Center for Tumor Medicine, HLA Laboratory CampusVirchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
Transplantation 87:1505-13. 2009..The cause of chronic rejection is still discussed controversially. Here, we demonstrate to what extent human leukocyte antigen (HLA) antibodies (HLAab) posttransplant contribute to late graft outcome...
- Bovine Neonatal Pancytopenia: is this alloimmune syndrome caused by vaccine-induced alloreactive antibodies?Max Bastian
Paul Ehrlich Institut, Paul Ehrlich Strasse 51 59, D 63225 Langen, Germany
Vaccine 29:5267-75. 2011..Together this provides strong evidence that this particular BVD vaccine has the potential to induce BNP associated alloantibodies...
- Vaccine-induced antibodies linked to bovine neonatal pancytopenia (BNP) recognize cattle major histocompatibility complex class I (MHC I)Fabian Deutskens
Institute of Virology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Germany
Vet Res 42:97. 2011..The presence of major histocompatibility complex class I (MHC I) in the vaccine was confirmed by Western blot using a MHC I specific monoclonal antibody. A model of BNP pathogenesis is proposed...
- The epidemiology of inhibitors in haemophilia A: a systematic reviewJ Wight
ScHARR, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, S1 4DA, UK
Haemophilia 9:418-35. 2003....
- Transfusion-related immunomodulation (TRIM): an updateEleftherios C Vamvakas
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Ottawa, Faculty of Medicine, Canada
Blood Rev 21:327-48. 2007....
- Inhibitors of factor VIII in black patients with hemophiliaKevin R Viel
Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research, San Antonio, TX, USA
N Engl J Med 360:1618-27. 2009..H3, H4, and H5 have been found only in blacks. We hypothesized that mismatched factor VIII transfusions contribute to the high incidence of inhibitors among black patients...
- Detection of anti-HLA antibodies by solid-phase assay in kidney transplantation: friend or foe?S Ferrari-Lacraz
Transplant Immunology Unit and National Reference Laboratory for Histocompatibility LNRH, Division of Immunology, Allergy and Laboratory Medicine, Department of Medicine, Genetics and Laboratory Medicine, Geneva University Hospital and Medical School, Geneva, Switzerland
Tissue Antigens 79:315-25. 2012....
- Red blood cell alloantibody frequency, specificity, and properties in a population of male military veteransChristopher A Tormey
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Connecticut 06504, USA
Transfusion 48:2069-76. 2008..The frequency and properties of RBC alloantibodies in military veterans has never been examined...
- Capillary C4d deposition in kidney allografts: a specific marker of alloantibody-dependent graft injuryGeorg A Böhmig
Department of Internal Medicine III, Institute of Nephrology and Dialysis, University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Am Soc Nephrol 13:1091-9. 2002..In conclusion, these data demonstrate that positive C4d staining, which is an independent predictor of kidney graft dysfunction, represents a reliable specific marker for antibody-dependent graft injury...
- Isolated donor specific alloantibody-mediated rejection after ABO compatible liver transplantationR Watson
Department of Surgery, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Am J Transplant 6:3022-9. 2006..AMR shows distinct histologic changes including a characteristic staining profile for C4d...
- Red cell antibodies in patients with homozygous sickle cell disease: a comparison of patients in Jamaica and the United KingdomA Olujohungbe
Department of Haematology, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester Blood Centre, National Blood Authority, Manchester, UK. aolujohungbe.btclick.com
Br J Haematol 113:661-5. 2001..The greater red cell alloimmunization among UK patients probably reflects both the greater use of transfusion and the disparity between donor and recipient populations in the UK...
- Development of posttransplant antidonor HLA antibodies is associated with acute humoral rejection and early graft dysfunctionQiuheng Zhang
UCLA Immunogenetics Center, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Transplantation 79:591-8. 2005..The goal of this study was to determine whether the production of posttransplant antibodies directed against donor HLA mismatches (donor specific antibody; DSA) is associated with renal allograft rejection and early graft dysfunction...
- Frequency and clinical implications of development of donor-specific and non-donor-specific HLA antibodies after kidney transplantationMaryvonne Hourmant
Department of Nephrology and Clinical Immunology, Hotel Dieu, CHU de Nantes, Nantes Cedex, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:2804-12. 2005..Screening of HLA antibodies posttransplantation could be a good tool for the follow-up of patients who receive a kidney transplant and allow immunosuppression to be tailored...
- Auto- and alloimmune reactivity to human islet allografts transplanted into type 1 diabetic patientsB O Roep
Department of Immunohaematology and Blood Bank, University Hospital Leiden, The Netherlands
Diabetes 48:484-90. 1999..The present study therefore demonstrates that T-cell reactivities in peripheral blood can be used to monitor immune mechanisms, which influence survival of beta-cell allografts in diabetic patients...
- HLA-specific antibodies developed in the first year posttransplant are predictive of chronic rejection and renal graft lossPo Chang Lee
National Cheng Kung University Hospital, Tainan, Taiwan
Transplantation 88:568-74. 2009....
- Clinical relevance of preformed C4d-fixing and non-C4d-fixing HLA single antigen reactivity in renal allograft recipientsMarkus Wahrmann
Department of Medicine III, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Transpl Int 22:982-9. 2009..Possibly as a result of intensified immunosuppression in presensitized recipients, identification of C4d-fixing DSA was not associated with a further increase of rejection and graft loss rates...
- C4d deposition and clearance in cardiac transplants correlates with alloantibody levels and rejection in ratsK Minami
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Transplant 6:923-32. 2006..Thus, C4d deposition is not limited to the capillaries, but extends throughout the arterial tree, and despite formation of a covalent bond, C4d is cleared within days...
- Additional red blood cell alloantibodies after blood transfusions in a nonhematologic alloimmunized patient cohort: is it time to take precautionary measures?Henk Schonewille
Sanquin Blood Bank, Southwest Region, Leiden, The Netherlands
Transfusion 46:630-5. 2006....
- Presensitized kidney graft recipients with HLA class I and II antibodies are at increased risk for graft failure: a Collaborative Transplant Study reportCaner Süsal
Department of Transplantation Immunology, Institute of Immunology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Hum Immunol 70:569-73. 2009....
- Low levels of human leukocyte antigen donor-specific antibodies detected by solid phase assay before transplantation are frequently clinically irrelevantVincent Aubert
Service of Immunology and Allergy, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Hum Immunol 70:580-3. 2009..The only AHR episode occurred in a recipient with pretransplantation DSA. More work should be performed to better delineate the precise clinical significance of detecting low titers of DSA before transplantation...
- Calculated PRA: initial results show benefits for sensitized patients and a reduction in positive crossmatchesJ M Cecka
UCLA Immunogenetics Center, Department of Pathology, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Transplant 11:719-24. 2011....
- The natural history of fetomaternal alloimmunization to the platelet-specific antigen HPA-1a (PlA1, Zwa) as determined by antenatal screeningL M Williamson
Division of Transfusion Medicine, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Blood 92:2280-7. 1998..HPA-1a and HLA-DRB3*0101 typing combined with anti-HPA-1a titration allows selection of the majority of pregnancies at risk of severe thrombocytopenia...
- Prediction of the fetal status in noninvasive management of alloimmune thrombocytopeniaGerald Bertrand
Platelet Immunology Unit, Institut National de Transfusion Sanguine, Paris, France
Blood 117:3209-13. 2011..To conclude, this large retrospective survey gives new insights on maternal predictive parameters for fetal status and therapy effectiveness allowing noninvasive strategies...
- Sensitivity, specificity and clinical relevance of different cross-matching assays in deceased-donor renal transplantationE K Ho
Department of Pathology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Transpl Immunol 20:61-7. 2008..SPA and FC, however, are of great importance for identifying patients which require close monitoring by biopsy and serology for early diagnosis and treatment of acute antibody mediated rejection (AAMR)...
- Detection of colostrum-derived alloantibodies in calves with bovine neonatal pancytopeniaPhilip Simon Bridger
Institute for Hygiene and Infectious Diseases of Animals, Justus Liebig University, Frankfurter Strasse 85 89, 35392 Giessen, Germany
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 141:1-10. 2011..These alloantibodies probably play a crucial role in the pathogenesis of BNP...
- The determination of the fetal D status from maternal plasma for decision making on Rh prophylaxis is feasibleSina P Müller
Department of Transfusion Medicine, Department of Human Genetics, University Medical Center, Gottingen, Germany
Transfusion 48:2292-301. 2008..This study provides a large-scale validation study of this technology to address questions concerning feasibility and applicability of its introduction into clinical routine...
- Extremely high association between appearance of HLA antibodies and failure of kidney grafts in a five-year longitudinal studyQ Mao
Terasaki Foundation Laboratory, 11570 W Olympic Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90064, USA
Am J Transplant 7:864-71. 2007..The very strong association between the production of HLA antibodies after transplantation and graft failure indicates the importance of monitoring for posttransplant HLA antibodies...
- Alloantibody levels and acute humoral rejection early after positive crossmatch kidney transplantationJ M Burns
Division of Transplant Surgery, Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Am J Transplant 8:2684-94. 2008..We conclude that AHR is associated with the development of High DSA levels posttransplant and protocols aimed at maintaining DSA at lower levels may decrease the incidence of AHR...
- Single human leukocyte antigen flow cytometry beads for accurate identification of human leukocyte antigen antibody specificitiesRui Pei
Research Department, One Lambda Inc, Canoga Park, CA, USA
Transplantation 75:43-9. 2003..We describe here a single antigen bead panel for accurate identification of human leukocyte antigen (HLA) antibody specificities by flow cytometry...
- Effect of screening for red cell antibodies, other than anti-D, to detect hemolytic disease of the fetus and newborn: a population study in the NetherlandsJ M Koelewijn
Sanquin Research, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Transfusion 48:941-52. 2008..The effect of a first-trimester antibody screening program on the timely detection of HDFN caused by antibodies other than anti-D was evaluated...
- Lessons learnt from many years of experience using anti-D in humans for prevention of RhD immunization and haemolytic disease of the fetus and newbornB M Kumpel
Bristol Institute for Transfusion Sciences, International Blood Group Reference Laboratory, National Blood Service, NHS Blood and Transplant, Bristol, UK
Clin Exp Immunol 154:1-5. 2008....
- Non-anti-D antibodies in red-cell alloimmunizationK J Moise
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC, 27599 7570, USA
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 92:75-81. 2000..Review the fetal/neonatal outcome and management of pregnancies associated with alloimmunization to irregular anti-red-cell antibodies...
- Evaluation of intravenous immunoglobulin as an agent to lower allosensitization and improve transplantation in highly sensitized adult patients with end-stage renal disease: report of the NIH IG02 trialStanley C Jordan
Renal Transplant Program, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, UCLA School of Medicine, 8635 W 3rd Street, Suite 590W, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:3256-62. 2004..Transplant rates for highly sensitized patients with ESRD awaiting kidney transplants are improved with IVIG therapy...
- High risk of sensitization after failed islet transplantationP M Campbell
Department of Medicine, and Histocompatability Laboratory, University of Alberta, Capital Health, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Am J Transplant 7:2311-7. 2007..This may negatively impact the ability of these individuals to undergo further islet, pancreas or kidney transplantation and should be discussed upfront during evaluation of candidates for islet transplantation...
- The role of donor antibodies in the pathogenesis of transfusion-related acute lung injury: a systematic reviewRutger A Middelburg
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Transfusion 48:2167-76. 2008..We performed a systematic search of the literature to quantify the contribution of donor antibodies to the occurrence of TRALI...
- Using donor-specific antibodies to monitor the need for immunosuppressionJunichi Hoshino
Terasaki Foundation Laboratory, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Transplantation 93:1173-8. 2012..The usual measures of function--such as serum creatinine levels--are not sensitive enough to detect rejection in a timely manner...
- Autoantibody formation in the alloimmunized red blood cell recipient: clinical and laboratory implicationsM S Zumberg
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Florida, Box 100277, Gainesville, FL 32610 0277, USA
Arch Intern Med 161:285-90. 2001..The spectrum of clinical consequences is important for the general practitioner to recognize, as these complications may occur during routine blood transfusions...
- Identification of MICA as a new polymorphic alloantigen recognized by antibodies in sera of organ transplant recipientsN W Zwirner
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235 8886, USA
Hum Immunol 61:917-24. 2000....
- Alloreactivity against repeated HLA mismatches of sequential islet grafts transplanted in non-uremic type 1 diabetes patientsCorine A van Kampen
Department of Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Transplantation 80:118-26. 2005....
- Clinical relevance of anti-HLA donor-specific antibodies detected by Luminex assay in the development of rejection after renal transplantationJosé Luis Caro-Oleas
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Instituto de Biomedicina, Universidad de Sevilla, CSIC, Seville, Spain
Transplantation 94:338-44. 2012..The role of anti-human leukocyte antigen (HLA) donor-specific antibodies (DSA) detected by Luminex in the development of rejection is not fully understood...
- Cytotoxic antibodies monitoring in kidney transplantation--their clinical relevance and challengesC Gingu
Center of Uronephrology and Renal Transplantation, Fundeni Clinical Institute, Bucharest, Romania
Rom J Morphol Embryol 53:515-9. 2012..The aim was to identify class I and/or class II cytotoxic antibodies in renal-transplanted patients in order to assess the immunological potential for prevention of subclinical or acute rejection episodes...
- Use of polyethylene glycol for performing autologous adsorptionsJoan Cid
Transfusion Center and Tissue Bank, Barcelona, Spain
Transfusion 45:694-7. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the use of polyethylene glycol (PEG) for performing autologous adsorption procedures without pretreatment of patients' RBCs...
- Primary anti-D immunization by DEL red blood cellsKyeong Hee Kim
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Dong A University College of Medicine, Busan, Korea
Korean J Lab Med 29:361-5. 2009....
- Prevalence and specificities of red blood cell alloantibodies in transfused Ugandans with different diseasesB Natukunda
Department of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Mbarara, Uganda
Vox Sang 98:167-71. 2010..In Uganda, the practice is to transfuse ABO/D compatible blood without screening for immune antibodies. The aim of this study was to determine the prevalence and specificities of RBC alloantibodies in transfused Ugandans...
- Human leukocyte antigen class II DQ alpha and beta epitopes identified from sera of kidney allograft recipientsChun Tsan Deng
One Lambda Inc, Canoga Park, CA, USA
Transplantation 86:452-9. 2008..We can identify DQA1 and DQB1 epitopes by DQ single antigen beads assay of the antibodies, correlating the beads' reaction patterns with either DQA1 or DQB1 alleles...
- Liver allograft antibody-mediated rejection with demonstration of sinusoidal C4d staining and circulating donor-specific antibodiesTomasz Kozlowski
Department of Surgery, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7211, USA
Liver Transpl 17:357-68. 2011..Recipients with an unknown preoperative crossmatch who develop early cholestasis of unclear etiology should be crossmatched or tested for the presence of DSAs to evaluate for AMR...
- Luminex-based desensitization protocols: the University of Wisconsin initial experienceSilke V Niederhaus
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA
Transplantation 92:12-7. 2011..We now present short-term outcomes of DSA-based desensitization (DSZ) strategies in patients with a negative complement-dependent cytotoxicity crossmatch...
- Pathology and the allo-immune responseLorraine C Racusen
Am J Transplant 3:1461-2. 2003
- Detection and clinical relevance of donor specific HLA antibodies: a matter of debateDave L Roelen
Leiden University Medical Center, Department Immunohaematology and Blood Transfusion, Leiden, The Netherlands
Transpl Int 25:604-10. 2012..The problems associated with the use of solid phase assays for clinical decision making and possible solutions are discussed...
- Posttransplant major histocompatibility complex class I chain-related gene A antibodies and long-term graft outcomes in a multicenter cohort of 779 kidney transplant recipientsAnne Lemy
Renal Transplantation Clinic, Erasme Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Transplantation 93:1258-64. 2012..The goal of this work was to assess the impact of posttransplant MICA antibodies, assayed at 1 year, with two commercially available kits, on long-term renal graft outcomes...
- Long-term follow up for anti-HLA donor specific antibodies postrenal transplantation: high immunogenicity of HLA class II graft moleculesIrma Sofia A Ntokou
National Tissue Typing Center, General State Hospital of Athens, Athens, Greece
Transpl Int 24:1084-93. 2011..78), DSA class II (HR = 20.92) and non-DSA (HR = 5.94) and graft failure. We conclude that HLA class II incompatible graft transplantations need careful monitoring and should be avoided in high immunological risk cases...
- Pretransplant donor-specific antibodies detected by single-antigen bead flow cytometry are associated with inferior kidney transplant outcomesNeeraj Singh
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Transplantation 90:1079-84. 2010..The clinical significance of pretransplant donor-specific antibodies (pre-Tx DSAs) detected by single-antigen bead flow cytometry (SAB-FC) remains unclear...
- Red blood cell alloimmunization in sickle cell disease patients in UgandaBernard Natukunda
Department of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Mbarara, Uganda
Transfusion 50:20-5. 2010..The objective of this study was to determine the frequency of RBC alloimmunization in SCD patients in Uganda where pretransfusion screening for alloantibodies is not practiced...
- A mild acute hemolytic transfusion reaction in a patient with alloanti-Ge3: a case report and review of the literatureMariah R Baughn
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0960, USA
Transfusion 51:1966-71. 2011..The clinical significance of the Gerbich antibodies has been described as variable and there are no well-documented reports of hemolytic transfusion reactions (HTRs)...
- The role of inflammation in alloimmunization to antigens on transfused red blood cellsJames C Zimring
Center for Transfusion and Cellular Therapies, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Curr Opin Hematol 15:631-5. 2008..To discuss how inflammation affects humoral alloimmunization to antigens on transfused red blood cells (RBCs)...
- Significance of C4d staining in ABO-identical/compatible liver transplantationHiromi Sakashita
Laboratory of Diagnostic Pathology, Kyoto University Hospital, Sakyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
Mod Pathol 20:676-84. 2007....
- Rh isoimmunization during pregnancy: antenatal prophylaxisJ M Bowman
Can Med Assoc J 118:623-7. 1978..Antenatal prophylaxis with Rh immune globulin will be necessary if the incidence of Rh isoimmunization is to be reduced to its lowest possible level. Antenatal prophylaxis at 28 weeks' gestation is now an insured service in Manitoba...
- Red cell alloimmunization in sickle-cell anaemia patientsL A M Bashawri
Department of Pathology, King Fahd Hospital of the University King Faisal University, Dammam, Saudi Arabia
East Mediterr Health J 13:1181-9. 2007..8%), nonspecific (12.5%), inconclusive (12.5%), anti-K (10.4%) and anti-c 3 (6.3%). Some patients had 1 alloantibody, while others more than 1 and even multiple antibodies. Nine patients had a persistent positive direct antiglobulin test...
- Intact HLA not beta2m-free heavy chain-specific HLA class I antibodies are predictive of graft failureJunchao Cai
Terasaki Foundation Laboratory, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Transplantation 88:226-30. 2009..We investigated the effects of intact and beta2m-free heavy chain (HC)-specific human leukocyte antigen (HLA) class I antibodies on long-term graft survival...
- A non-allogeneic stimulus triggers the production of de novo HLA antibodies in healthy adultsJosefina Alberu
Department of Transplantation, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Vasco de Quiroga 15, Tlalpan 14000, Mexico City, Mexico
Transpl Immunol 18:166-71. 2007..The aim of the present study was to establish if HLA-unrelated immune stimulation is capable of triggering the production of HLA antibodies...
- Living donor renal transplantation in the presence of donor-specific human leukocyte antigen antibody detected by solid-phase assayDonna Phelan
Barnes Jewish Hospital, Department of Laboratories, One Barnes Jewish Hospital Plaza, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Hum Immunol 70:584-8. 2009..Under our standard immunosuppression protocol and crossmatch criteria for histocompatibility, alloantibody detectable by Luminex was not detrimental to successful living-donor transplantation...
- Predictive value of sequential maternal anti-HPA-1a antibody concentrations for the severity of fetal alloimmune thrombocytopeniaG Bertrand
INTS, Platelet Immunology Unit, Paris, France
J Thromb Haemost 4:628-37. 2006..Until now, the fetal status can only be assessed by fetal blood sampling, which carries a risk of fetal loss or premature delivery...
- HLA alloimmunization is associated with RBC antibodies in multiply transfused patients with sickle cell diseaseMarianne E McPherson
AFLAC Cancer Center and Blood Disorders Services, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 54:552-8. 2010..The prevalence and risk factors for HLA alloimmunization in multiply transfused pediatric SCD patients are unknown...
- [Comparative evaluation of ELISA and Luminex panel reactive antibody assays for HLA alloantibody screening]Seonkyung Jung
Department of Laboratory Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Lab Med 29:473-80. 2009..In this study, we analyzed the panel reactive antibody (PRA) test results using ELISA and Luminex methods, and the results were compared with those of crossmatch test...
- Life-threatening adverse reaction followed by thrombocytopenia after passive transfusion of fresh frozen plasma containing anti-CD36 (Nak) isoantibodyKatsuya Morishita
Hokkaido Red Cross Blood Center, Sapporo, Japan
Transfusion 45:803-6. 2005..There are few reports, however, about the effects of passively transfused blood products containing this isoantibody on recipients...
- Calculated PRA (CPRA): the new measure of sensitization for transplant candidatesJ M Cecka
UCLA Immunogenetics Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Transplant 10:26-9. 2010..The calculated panel-reactive antibody, which provides an estimate of the percentage of deceased organ donors that will be crossmatch incompatible for a candidate provides both consistency and accountability...
- Frequency of red cell alloimmunization in patients with sickle cell anemia in an Egyptian referral hospitalRabab Aly
Clinical Pathology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Egypt
Transfus Apher Sci 47:253-7. 2012..Among other risk categories, alloimmunization to red cell antigens may result from transfusions. The objective of this study was to explore the frequency of red cell alloantibodies among SCA patients who received regular transfusions...
- A new fetal RHD genotyping test: costs and benefits of mass testing to target antenatal anti-D prophylaxis in England and WalesAla Szczepura
Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 11:5. 2011..This paper provides the first assessment of cost-effectiveness of NIPD-targeted prophylaxis compared to current policies...
- Anti-AB titer changes in patients with ABO incompatibility after living related kidney transplantations: survey of 101 cases to determine whether splenectomies are necessary for successful transplantationH Ishida
Department of Surgery III, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Japan
Transplantation 70:681-5. 2000..Here, the pre- and posttransplantation anti-AB titers in patients who received transplants from ABO-incompatible living donors are reviewed and the pathological findings are compared...
- Fetal hemolytic disease due to anti-Rh17 alloimmunizationMasaya Hirose
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shiga University of Medical Science, Setatsukinowa, Japan
Fetal Diagn Ther 19:182-6. 2004..To delineate clinical features of a case of fetal hemolytic disease due to anti-Rh17, along with a review of relevant studies published in English and Japanese...
- Late onset neonatal anaemia due to maternal anti-Ge: possible association with destruction of eythroid progenitorsP A Arndt
American Red Cross Blood Services, Pomona, CA 90006, USA
Transfus Med 15:125-32. 2005..We suggest that babies born to mothers with anti-Ge should have their haemoglobin concentrations monitored for signs of anaemia for several weeks after birth. Functional assays may prove useful...
- [Red blood cell immunization in haemoglobinopathie: about 84 cases]I Ben Amor
Centre régional de transfusion sanguine de Sfax, angle Magida Boulila, Sfax, Tunisie
Transfus Clin Biol 19:345-52. 2012..To estimate the rate of red cell immunization in hemoglobinopathies...
- Effectiveness of washed platelet concentrate and red cell transfusions for a patient with anhaptoglobinemia with antihaptoglobin antibodyS Nishiki
Department of Clinical Hematology and Diagnostics, Osaka City University, Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Transfus Med 12:71-3. 2002..No antibodies against human leucocyte antigen (HLA) or platelet-specific antigens were detected. Washed PC and washed red blood cells were effective in preventing the transfusion-related anaphylactoid reactions...
- Platelet alloantibodies in transfused patientsV Kiefel
Department of Transfusion Medicine, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
Transfusion 41:766-70. 2001..Patients receiving cellular blood components may form HLA antibodies and platelet-specific alloantibodies...
- Effect of alloantibodies on corneal allograft survivalSushma Hegde
Graduate Program in Immunology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9057, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:1012-8. 2002..Accordingly, this study was undertaken to investigate the direct contribution of donor-specific antibodies to corneal graft rejection...
- The Rh blood group system in review: a new face for the next decadeConnie M Westhoff
American Red Cross, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19130, USA
Transfusion 44:1663-73. 2004
- Incidence of transfusion-induced platelet-reactive antibodies evaluated by specific assays for the detection of human leucocyte antigen and human platelet antigen antibodiesR Fontão-Wendel
Banco de Sangue, Hospital Sirio Libanes, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Vox Sang 93:241-9. 2007..The aim of this work was to study the incidence of transfusion-induced platelet-reactive antibodies in a selective patient population and evaluate different methodologies for platelet antibody screening (PAS)...
- Platelet-reactive HLA antibodies associated with low posttransfusion platelet increments:a comparison between the monoclonal antibody-specific immobilization of platelet antigens assay and the lymphocytotoxicity testM Kurz
Clinic for Blood Group Serology and Transfusion Medicine, Division of Hematology and Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit, Department of Medicine 1, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Transfusion 41:771-4. 2001..17%). CONCLUSION: The MAIPA assay is more sensitive than the standard LCT in detecting platelet-reactive HLA antibodies. These MAIPA-positive/LCT-negative HLA antibodies affect the posttransfusion platelet increment...
- A broad and strong humoral immune response to donor HLA after implantation of cryopreserved human heart valve allograftsMarij J P Welters
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Rotterdam, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Hum Immunol 63:1019-25. 2002..These findings suggest that preoperative cross-matching may identify patients with high donor-specific HLA antibody titers and may reduce the risk for early recurrent graft failure...
- Effects of influenza immunization on humoral and cellular alloreactivity in humansLara Danziger-Isakov
Department of Pediatrics, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA
Transplantation 89:838-44. 2010..To test whether vaccination impacts human alloimmunity, we analyzed humoral and cellular immune reactivity in subjects undergoing influenza vaccination...
- The HLA system: immunobiology, HLA typing, antibody screening and crossmatching techniquesW M Howell
Department of Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics, NHS Blood and Transplant, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4NQ, UK
J Clin Pathol 63:387-90. 2010..This constitutes a basis for consideration of the importance of these procedures in the system-specific reviews which follow...
- Platelet immunopathology and therapy: a Canadian Blood Services Research and Development SymposiumAlan T Tinmouth
Adult Region Hemophilia Bleeding Disorders Comprehensive Care Clinic, Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Transfus Med Rev 20:294-314. 2006
- Platelet alloimmunization in multitransfused patients with haemato-oncological disordersMeenu Bajpai
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 160012, India
Natl Med J India 18:134-6. 2005..We also assessed the effect of alloimmunization on response to platelet transfusion...
- Pediatric cardiac transplantation in children with high panel reactive antibodyJeffrey P Jacobs
The Congenital Heart Institute of Florida, All Children s Hospital, University of South Florida, St Petersburg, Florida, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 78:1703-9. 2004..We retrospectively reviewed our management strategy and outcome data for children undergoing heart transplantation with high PRA (> 10%)...
- Frequency of red blood cell alloantibody in Kuwaiti populationReem Ameen
Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences, Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, Kuwait University, Kuwait
Med Princ Pract 14:230-4. 2005..The aim of this study was to analyze the alloimmunization against red blood cells (RBC) among Kuwaiti population...
- Pathways of helper CD4 T cell allorecognition in generating alloantibody and CD8 T cell alloimmunityAnna L Taylor
Department of Surgery, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, United Kingdom
Transplantation 83:931-7. 2007....
- Treatment characteristics and the risk of inhibitor development: a multicenter cohort study among previously untreated patients with severe hemophilia AS C Gouw
Van Creveldkliniek, and Department of Pediatrics, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 5:1383-90. 2007..The development of inhibitory antibodies against infused factor (F) VIII is a major complication of treatment of patients with severe hemophilia A...
- The North American Immune Tolerance Registry: practices, outcomes, outcome predictorsD M Dimichele
New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Medical of College of Cornell, New York 10021, USA
Thromb Haemost 87:52-7. 2002..Infection most often complicated the use of access catheters. These results are discussed within the context of the international ITT registry and upcoming prospective ITT study...
- Inhibitor treatment: state of the artA Shapiro
Indiana Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center, Inc, Indianapolis, IN 46260, USA
Semin Hematol 38:26-34. 2001....
- Elective surgery on factor VIII inhibitor patients using continuous infusion of recombinant activated factor VII: plasma factor VII activity of 10 IU/ml is associated with an increased incidence of bleedingM P Smith
Haemophilia Centre, Reference Centre for Haemostatic and Thrombotic Disorders, St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Thromb Haemost 86:949-53. 2001..In conclusion, the 16.5 microg/kg/h infusion rate reliably achieves plasma factor VII activity levels of 10 IU/ml, but this level does not provide reliable haemostasis...
- THE IMMUNOGENICITY OF HUMAN PLATELET PROTEINSThomas Kunicki; Fiscal Year: 1990..Multiply transfused individuals with hereditary defects of the above glycoproteins can produce isoantibodies which react with the respective glycoproteins regardless of allotype, and the relationship of these ..
- VLA4 IN CTL MEDIATED ISLET ALLOGRAFT REJECTIONMark Stegall; Fiscal Year: 2001..The approach may lead to novel forms of immune suppression that may benefit not only islet transplantation, but also other types of organ allografts. ..
- The role of Ach in CD8+ Cytolytic T cell developmentJAMES ZIMRING; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Selective depletion of alloreactive T cells in BMTJAMES ZIMRING; Fiscal Year: 2005..In keeping with the stated purpose of this RFA, these studies represent the "development and application of cell engineering methods to predictably induce tolerance..." ..
- Alloimmunization to mHAs by RBC TransfusionJAMES ZIMRING; Fiscal Year: 2007..By analyzing transfusion patients at Emory, we will determine the extent to which females receiving leukoreduced RBC from male donors are immunized to H-Y antigens. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CD8 + CD75s + regulatory T cells in anti-tumor immunityJAMES ZIMRING; Fiscal Year: 2007..These aims propose to investigate the role that negative regulatory T cells play in the establishment of immunological tolerance to tumor antigens and the fashion in which their elimination can result in tumor rejection. ..
- Induction of Immunological Tolerance for Gene TherapyJAMES ZIMRING; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IMMUNOLOGICAL CONSEQUENCES OF TRANSFUSIONLoren Fast; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Endothelial reactivity and nitric oxide synthetase activity in the ALMS (AsprevaRobert Clancy; Fiscal Year: 2009..Relevance to public health: The association of markers/indices of NOS2 expression with mechanism of action of a successful drug treatment in lupus nephritis would be a major advance. ..
- Cardiac myofibroblasts in autoimmune-associated CHBRobert Clancy; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Genomic Approaches to Improve Transfusion Therapy in SCD PatientsMarion E Reid; Fiscal Year: 2010..We believe that data generated from this project will have an immediate impact in improving the transfusion of patients with SCD. (End of Abstract) ..
- Pathophysiology of thiamine-responsive anemia syndromeEllis Neufeld; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- IMMUNE REGULATION IN LUNG TRANSPLANTATIONWILLIAM BURLINGHAM; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will determine how the sensitivity, specificity, and predictive value of each test would be clinically useful in the management of lung transplant patients. ..
- DONOR-DRIVEN REGULATION IN HUMAN ALLOGRAFT ACCEPTANCEWILLIAM BURLINGHAM; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our goal is to develop a working model of how donor-derived leukocytes and the antigens they release contribute to a tonic equilibrium between host T regulator and effector cells in human allograft acceptance. ..
- Minor H Antigen Regulatory Networks as an Alternative to Calcineurin Inhibitors iWILLIAM BURLINGHAM; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- KIDNEY TRANSPLANTATION & NON-INHERITED MATERNAL ANTIGENSWILLIAM BURLINGHAM; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our goal is to establish the basis for a rational approach to HLA-matching and selective NIMA mismatching to achieve the goal of clinical kidney transplantation tolerance. ..
- Phage Display Tools for Automated Blood TypingDonald Siegel; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MONOCLONAL ITP AUTOANTIBODIES--PARADIGM FOR AUTOIMMUNITYDonald Siegel; Fiscal Year: 2002..Ultimately, the proposed approach may be applied to the understanding of other autoimmune disorders. ..
- Automated high-throughput detection anti-HLA antibodiesJohn Roback; Fiscal Year: 2006..This application proposes to develop a test that could be used to screen blood donors for these antibodies, thus preventing TRALI and improving patient outcomes. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 2006 American Society for Matrix Biology MeetingBilly Hudson; Fiscal Year: 2006..This is true not only for established investigators but also for young scientists and students, including minorities, on whose participation we place great emphasis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Modulation of Iron Deposition in SCD and Other HemoglobinopathiesELLIOTT P contact VICHINSKY; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Nonmyeloablative Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for Severe Systemic SclerosisRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2006..The unique observations in this study regarding responses and recovery of organs after inducing a sustained remission of SSc will serve to focus and direct other non-transplant research activities. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ICAM1 gene inactivation protects against ischemic injuryRobert Montgomery; Fiscal Year: 2006..This work has important implications for the selective inactivation of gene function in allografts through ex vivo gene transfer. ..
- Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary HypertensionTIMOTHY MORRIS; Fiscal Year: 2006..The fragments will be subjected to liquid chromatography-mass spectroscopy with data-dependent MS-2 data acquisition, followed by computer-assisted sequence analysis. ..
- Lung Transplantation and Immune Tolerance in Young RecipientsRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Immune Response to Factor VIIIJOHN S LOLLAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Aim 2, murine antibodies of defined specificity produced in Aim 1 will be used to identify novel factor VIII antibody epitopes recognized by human hemophilia A patients. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF POST-TRANSPLANT BRONCHIOLITIS OBLITERANSThalachallour Mohanakumar; Fiscal Year: 2008..BOS following clinical lung transplantation. ..
- Age-related structural alterations in loss of self-tolerance to a3(IV) collagenDorin Bogdan Borza; Fiscal Year: 2007..New targets for prevention or therapeutic intervention may be identified as a result. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Structure and Function of the Factor VIII - von Willebrand Factor ComplexJOHN S LOLLAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Procoagulants in Aging CARDIA ParticipantsDavid Green; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Protection from GVHD with Gene-Modified Donor T CellsRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- HSP27 in Kidney Epithelial to Mesenchymal TransformationArjang Djamali; Fiscal Year: 2008..Overexpression of HSP27 will be obtained by recombinant virus-mediated HSP27 gene transfer. This proposal would allow us to determine whether HSP27 overexpression can prevent/delay EMT. ..
- Array-based methylation analysis using anti-5mC antibodyFumiichiro Yamamoto; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will evaluate the sensitivity, specificity, and reproducibility of the method, using BAG clone microarrays, DNA fragment microarrays, and oligonucleotide microarrays. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- INCREASE/gp120 IMMUNOGENICITY/LINKED ALPHA-GAL EPITOPESUri Galili; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will then also collaborate with a group studying immune responses in monkeys to determine the efficacy of this vaccine in a primate model. ..
- THYMUS AND CENTRAL TOLERANCEJonathan Sprent; Fiscal Year: 2003..Resolving these questions will shed light on the basic mechanisms involved in self/non-self discrimination, the induction of autoimmune disease and the immune responses to neoplastic cells. ..
- E/BETA THALASSEMIA--NATURAL HISTORY & RESPONSE TO CHEMOElliott Vichinsky; Fiscal Year: 2002..In summary, if this study is successful, it will change the approach to Hb E/B worldwide and result in improved quality of life and decreased mortality. (End of Abstract) ..
- ICOS-B7h in Islet Transplant Rejection and AutoimmunityAndrew Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Conference Proposal: Transplantation ImmunologyAngus Thomson; Fiscal Year: 2004..An important goal will be evaluation of future research directions, as well as critical appraisal of contemporary "cutting edge" research. ..
- NOVEL DEVICES FOR RAPID BLOOD COMPATIBILITY TESTINGJohn Roback; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of the multi-center trial (to be completed during Phase Ill) will lead to an FDA 510(k) application. ..
- IMPACT OF AEROSOL CYCLOSPORINE IN LUNG TRANSPLANTATIONAdriana Zeevi; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- HEPARAN SULFATE IN CELLULAR IMMUNITY AND GRAFT REJECTIONJeffrey Platt; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will use allo- and xenotransplant models. ..
- PREVENTING ANTI-GAL PRODUCTION AGAINST XENOGRAFTSUri Galili; Fiscal Year: 2003..Success in these studies will help in planning effective treatments for preventing anti-Gal response in primate xenografts recipients. | ..
- ENGRAFTING SENSITIZED HOSTS WITH NONABLATIVE REGIMENSRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2002..By lessening the morbidity and mortality associated with conventional conditioning, these studies could significantly change the management of selected inherited red blood cell diseases. ..
- Elements of B Cell MemoryMarilia Cascalho; Fiscal Year: 2005..memory cell upon engagement by antigen. These goals will be achieved by analysis of the antigen specific Ig titer and by analysis of somatic hypermutation of the heavy-chain V exons following immunization with the cognate antigen. ..
- Eighth Cooley's Anemia SymposiumElliott Vichinsky; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- NOVEL APPROACHES TO IMPROVE AND EXTEND PLATELET STORAGESherrill Slichter; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Epigenetic Alterations in Homeotic GenesFumiichiro Yamamoto; Fiscal Year: 2005..Both the constitutive and inducible expression systems will be used to examine the tumor suppressor function of these homeotic genes. ..
- HUMAN IMMUNE RESPONSE TO PORCINE XENOGRAFTSThalachallour Mohanakumar; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Allogeneic BMT and adoptive antiviral immunotherapyJohn Roback; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, these investigations will provide an improved understanding of the defects that render allogeneic HPCT recipients susceptible to lethal infections. ..
- INDICES OF BIOTIN NUTRITIONDonald Mock; Fiscal Year: 2001..4) Whether biotin deficiency of similar severity to that observed either early or late in human gestation causes increased rates of fetal malformation in the mouse. 5) The enzyme(s) responsible for biotin beta-oxidation. ..
- DECIPHERING THE FUNCTION OF THE RH BLOOD GROUP PROTEINSConnie Westhoff; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will lead, not only to an understanding of Rh function, but also to an explanation of the clinical effects that occur when this function is disrupted. ..
- TRIAL OF ANTI-TNF ALPHA IN ISLET TRANSPLANTATIONAndrew Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Inducing Immune Tolerance with Receptor Modified T CellsTerrence Geiger; Fiscal Year: 2003..Together this information will provide a starting point for the application of GM-TCs to human immunologic conditions. ..
- MECHANISMS OF ANTIBODY MEDIATED ALLOGRAFT REJECTIONBarbara Wasowska; Fiscal Year: 2003..4. P-selectin augments activation of endothelial cells, platelets and macrophages in allograft rejection. ..
- Nicotine and Chronic Kidney DiseaseEdgar A Jaimes; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will use a variety of state of the art techniques to assess the mechanisms by which nicotine induces renal injury. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF POST-TRANSPLANT BRONCHIOLITIS OBLITERANSThalachallour Mohanakumar; Fiscal Year: 2004..The overall goal of this proposal is to employ this unique murine preclinical model of OAD in order to define the cellular and molecular mechanism leading to BOS following clinical lung transplantation. ..
- Immune Parameters in a Steroid Sparing Clinical TrialNancy Reinsmoen; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thus, the overall study is designed to use immune parameters to identify recipients at low vs. high risk for poor graft outcome, thereby allowing for individualization of immunosuppression aimed at improving long-term graft outcome. ..
- Nitric Oxide Regulation of Platelet Granule ExocytosisCRAIG MORRELL; Fiscal Year: 2008..Therefore, strategies to minimize granule exocytosis may prove valuable in the acute treatment of pro-thrombotic diseases. (End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mesenchymal Progenitors of Intragraft FibroblastsGORDON WU; Fiscal Year: 2007..Completion of this research project will have defined the FP of IF and determined the migratory mechanisms by which FP home to allografts during chronic rejection. ..
- Rare Antigens in Neonatal Alloimmune ThrombocytopeniaJulie Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2006..4. Generate soluble recombinant platelet glycoproteins carrying "rare" platelet alloantigens to provide a tool for rapid detection and identification of antibodies in mothers who are immunized against these antigens ..
- Pharmacogenetics in Tourette SyndromHarvey Singer; Fiscal Year: 2004..The identification of genetic polymorphisms that are associated with clinical disease or treatment success, has obvious benefits. ..
- Regulation of GnRH Neuronal Development by FGF SignalingJohn Gill; Fiscal Year: 2005..Critical stages of GnRH neuron development will be evaluated in mice to discern the functional contribution of FGF signaling in this important neuroendocrine system. ..
- Genetic/Immunological Basis of Tuberculosis and AnergyJulio Delgado; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is anticipated that these results will be useful in the development of genetic and immune therapeutic strategies to combat tuberculosis. ..