Genomes and Genes
botulinum toxin type a
Summary: A 150 kDa neurotoxic protein produced by CLOSTRIDIUM BOTULINUM. When consumed in contaminated food it can cause paralysis and death. In its purified form, it has been used in the treatment of BLEPHAROSPASM and STRABISMUS.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications341 found, 100 shown here
- Repeated treatments with botulinum toxin type a produce sustained decreases in the limitations associated with focal upper-limb poststroke spasticity for caregivers and patientsElie P Elovic
Kessler Medical Rehabilitation Research and Education Center, West Orange, NJ, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 89:799-806. 2008To assess the safety and evaluate the effects of repeated treatments with botulinum toxin type A (BTX-A) on functional disability, quality of life (QOL), and muscle tone of patients with upper-limb poststroke spasticity, as well as its ..
- Review of a proposed mechanism for the antinociceptive action of botulinum toxin type AK R Aoki
Department of Biological Sciences RD 2C, Allergan, Inc, Irvine, CA 92623, USA
Neurotoxicology 26:785-93. 2005b>Botulinum toxin type A (BOTOX) has been used to treat pathological pain conditions although the mechanism is not entirely understood. Subcutaneous (s.c...
- Beneficial effects of botulinum toxin type A in trigeminal neuralgiaCarlos Zuniga
Parkinson s Disease and Movement Disorders Unit, Hospital de Clinicas Jose de San Martin, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 66:500-3. 2008..Therefore, we assessed the clinical effects of botulinum toxin type A injections in 12 patients with otherwise unresponsive idiopathic trigeminal neuralgia...
- The effects of Botulinum Toxin type A on capsaicin-evoked pain, flare, and secondary hyperalgesia in an experimental human model of trigeminal sensitizationParisa Gazerani
Laboratory for Experimental Pain Research, Centre for Sensory Motor Interaction SMI, Department of Health Science and Technology, Aalborg University, Fredrik Bajers Vej 7D 3, DK 9220 Aalborg, Denmark
Pain 122:315-25. 2006The trigeminovascular system is involved in migraine. Efficacy of Botulinum Toxin type A (BoNT-A) in migraine has been investigated in clinical studies but the mechanism of action remains unexplored...
- Long-term treatment with botulinum toxin type A in cervical dystonia has low immunogenicity by mouse protection assayMitchell F Brin
Allergan, Inc, Global Drug Development, Irvine, California, USA
Mov Disord 23:1353-60. 2008To evaluate the immunogenicity of botulinum toxin type A (BoNTA; BOTOX) in cervical dystonia (CD)...
- Botulinum toxin type a is a safe and effective treatment for neurogenic urinary incontinence: results of a single treatment, randomized, placebo controlled 6-month studyBrigitte Schurch
Spinal Cord Injury Centre, University Hospital Balgrist, Zurich, Switzerland
J Urol 174:196-200. 2005We determined the safety and efficacy of each of 2 doses of botulinum toxin type A (BTX-A) (200 or 300 U BOTOX) injected into the detrusor for urinary incontinence caused by neurogenic detrusor overactivity of predominantly spinal cord ..
- Histologic features in the urinary bladder wall affected from neurogenic overactivity--a comparison of inflammation, oedema and fibrosis with and without injection of botulinum toxin type AEva Comperat
Service d anatomie et cytologie pathologique, Hopital de la Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Paris VI, France
Eur Urol 50:1058-64. 2006..To study histological features and morphological differences in bladder wall specimen from patients with and without botulinum toxin A injections and to compare those issues in responders and non-responders to the toxin therapy...
- Botulinum toxin type A inhibits sensory neuropeptide release in rat bladder models of acute injury and chronic inflammationAlvaro Lucioni
Section of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, 5841S Maryland Avenue, MC 6038, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
BJU Int 101:366-70. 2008To determine the effect of botulinum toxin type A (BTX-A) on the release of the neuropeptides substance P (SP) and calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) from isolated bladder preparations after acute injury with HCl and the induction of ..
- Uptake of botulinum neurotoxin into cultured neuronsJames E Keller
Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biochemistry 43:526-32. 2004..This study demonstrates that uptake of both BoNT-A and -E is enhanced with synaptic activity and that translocation of the toxin catalytic moiety into the cytosol occurs at different rates for these two serotypes...
- Impact of botulinum toxin type A on disability and carer burden due to arm spasticity after stroke: a randomised double blind placebo controlled trialB B Bhakta
Rheumatology and Rehabilitation Research Unit, University of Leeds, 36 Clarendon Road, Leeds LS2 9NZ, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 69:217-21. 2000..The purpose was to investigate whether reduction in spasticity after botulinum toxin treatment translates into reduction in disability and carer burden...
- Botulinum toxin type A in the treatment of primary axillary hyperhidrosis: a 52-week multicenter double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study of efficacy and safetyNicholas J Lowe
University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 56:604-11. 2007The long-term effects of botulinum toxin type A (BoNTA) on the global impairment associated with severe primary axillary hyperhidrosis have not been comprehensively assessed relative to placebo.
- Dynamics of motor nerve terminal remodeling unveiled using SNARE-cleaving botulinum toxins: the extent and duration are dictated by the sites of SNAP-25 truncationFrederic A Meunier
Centre for Neurobiochemistry, Department of Biological Sciences, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London SW7 2AY, UK
Mol Cell Neurosci 22:454-66. 2003....
- Botulinum toxin type a inhibits calcitonin gene-related peptide release from isolated rat bladderDavid E Rapp
Section of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Urol 175:1138-42. 2006..We determined the effect of botulinum toxin type A (Allergan, Irvine, California) on baseline and chemically evoked release of the sensory neuropeptide, ..
- A new botulinum toxin type A free of complexing proteins for treatment of cervical dystoniaR Benecke
Department of Neurology, University of Rostock, Gehlsheimer Strasse 20 D 18147, Rostock, Germany
Neurology 64:1949-51. 2005A new botulinum toxin type A free of complexing proteins (NT 201) was compared with BOTOX in patients with cervical dystonia by means of a double-blind noninferiority trial...
- Regulation of calcitonin gene-related peptide secretion from trigeminal nerve cells by botulinum toxin type A: implications for migraine therapyPaul L Durham
Department of Biology, Southwest Missouri State University, MO, USA
Headache 44:35-42; discussion 42-3. 2004To determine the effect of botulinum toxin type A on calcitonin gene-related peptide secretion from cultured trigeminal ganglia neurons.
- Fine and domain-level epitope mapping of botulinum neurotoxin type A neutralizing antibodies by yeast surface displayR Levy
Department of Anesthesia and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco General Hospital, CA 94110, USA
J Mol Biol 365:196-210. 2007..The results demonstrate how yeast display can be used for domain-level and fine mapping of conformational BoNT antibody epitopes and the mapping results identify three neutralizing BoNT/A epitopes...
- Botulinum toxin type a (150 kDa) decreases exaggerated neurotransmitter release from trigeminal ganglion neurons and relieves neuropathy behaviors induced by infraorbital nerve constrictionY Kitamura
Department of Oral Rehabilitation and Regenerative Medicine, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
Neuroscience 159:1422-9. 2009..Such treatments may include the highly purified botulinum toxin type A 150 kDa (BoNT/A) which reportedly blocks vesicular neurotransmitter release...
- Botulinum toxin type A for drooling in Parkinson's disease: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled studyGiovanni Lagalla
Clinica di Neuroriabilitazione, Dipartimento di Neuroscienze, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Az Ospedaliero Universitaria Ospedali Riuniti, Ancona, Italy
Mov Disord 21:704-7. 2006To investigate the safety and efficacy of botulinum toxin type A (BoNTX) treatment to reduce sialorrhea in Parkinson's disease (PD), a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study enrolled 32 PD patients complaining of excessive ..
- Combined botulinum toxin type A with modified constraint-induced movement therapy for chronic stroke patients with upper extremity spasticity: a randomized controlled studyShu Fen Sun
National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, Taiwan
Neurorehabil Neural Repair 24:34-41. 2010b>Botulinum toxin type A (BtxA) injection and modified constraint-induced movement therapy (mCIMT) are both promising approaches to enhance recovery after stroke...
- Beneficial effects of botulinum toxin type a for patients with painful tic convulsifFederico Micheli
Programa de Parkinson y Movimientos Anormales, Instituto de Neurociencias, Hospital de Clinicas Jose de San Martin, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Clin Neuropharmacol 25:260-2. 2002..He was treated with botulinum toxin type A, 2.5 mouse units over five sites at the orbicularis oculi and one over the buccinator muscle...
- Successful treatment of notalgia paresthetica with botulinum toxin type APamela Kirschner Weinfeld
Division of Dermatology, Newton Wellesley Hospital, 2000 Washington St, Newton, MA 02462, USA
Arch Dermatol 143:980-2. 2007
- Botulinum toxin type A normalizes alterations in urothelial ATP and NO release induced by chronic spinal cord injuryChristopher P Smith
Scott Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Alkek N720, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neurochem Int 52:1068-75. 2008..release in normal and spinal cord injured animals as well as in spinal cord injured animals treated with botulinum toxin type A (BoNT-A)...
- Botulinum toxin A injections in children: technique and dosing issuesDouglas Kinnett
Division of Pediatric Rehabilitation, Departments of Pediatrics and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, The Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center and University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 83:S59-64. 2004..Use of electromyographic, electrical stimulation, or ultrasound guidance is employed in children for difficult to locate individual muscle groups. Use of sedation also varies between medical centers...
- Reduction of salivary flow with botulinum toxin: extended report on 33 patients with drooling, salivary fistulas, and sialadenitisMaik Ellies
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Gottingen, Robert Koch Strasse 40, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Laryngoscope 114:1856-60. 2004..to various diseases, salivary fistulas, and sialadenitis and had been treated with injection of botulinum toxin type A (Botox)...
- Botulinum toxin type A reduces capsaicin-evoked pain and neurogenic vasodilatation in human skinValeria Tugnoli
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, S Anna University Hospital of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Pain 130:76-83. 2007The effect of Botulinum Toxin type A (BoNT/A) on pain and neurogenic vasodilatation induced by application to the human skin of thermal stimuli and capsaicin was evaluated in a double blind study. A capsaicin cream (0.5 ml of a 0...
- Double-blind, placebo-controlled study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of botulinum toxin type A in the treatment of drooling in parkinsonismFrancesca Mancini
Parkinson s Disease and Movement Disorders Unit, C Mondino Institute of Neurology, IRCCS, Pavia, Italy
Mov Disord 18:685-8. 2003..No side effects were observed in either group. BTX injection into parotids and submandibular glands, under ultrasonographic guidance, is an effective and safe treatment for drooling in parkinsonism...
- Subcutaneous Botulinum toxin type A reduces capsaicin-induced trigeminal pain and vasomotor reactions in human skinParisa Gazerani
Center for Sensory Motor Interactions SMI, Department of Health Sciences and Technology, Aalborg University, Fredrik Bajers Vej 7 D 3, DK 9220 Aalborg, Denmark
Pain 141:60-9. 2009The present human study aimed at investigating the effect of subcutaneous administration of Botulinum toxin type A (BoNT/A) on capsaicin-induced trigeminal pain, neurogenic inflammation and experimentally induced cutaneous pain modalities...
- Skeletal muscle atrophy induced by intramuscular repeated dose of botulinum toxin type A in ratsWoo H Choi
Korea Institute of Toxicology, Yusung Gu, Daejeon, Korea
Drug Chem Toxicol 30:217-27. 2007b>Botulinum toxin type A was intramuscularly administered to Sprague-Dawley rats once a day for 28 days at doses of 1, 3, and 9 ng kg-1 day-1 to investigate the possibility of unanticipated toxicity of repeated dose...
- Botulinum toxin type A for the treatment of the upper limb spasticity after stroke: a meta-analysisEduardo Cardoso
Division of Neurology and Epidemiology, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, BA, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 63:30-3. 2005..Authors suggest the use of botulinum toxin type A (BTX-A) for spasticity in the upper limbs after stroke, but there are few papers with adequate methodology ..
- Botulinum toxin type A for the treatment of migraineSheena Aurora
Swedish Headache Center, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 7:1085-95. 2006..Alternative treatment strategies are needed, particularly in those with chronic migraine. Botulinum toxin type A is a locally injected protein complex that has been investigated as a treatment for episodic migraine and ..
- Botulinum toxin type A in the treatment of children and adolescents with an acquired brain injuryJ van Rhijn
Rehabilitation Centre for Children and Youth, Pulderbos, Belgium
Brain Inj 19:331-5. 2005To describe clinical experience using botulinum toxin type A (BTX-A) in children with acquired brain injury.
- Accuracy of intramuscular injection of botulinum toxin A in juvenile cerebral palsy: a comparison between manual needle placement and placement guided by electrical stimulationTerence Y P Chin
Department of Orthopaedics, Royal Children s Hospital, Flemington Road, Parkville 3052, Victoria, Australia
J Pediatr Orthop 25:286-91. 2005..Further study is needed to determine whether more accurate injecting will lead to better functional outcomes and more efficient use of botulinum toxin A...
- Treatment of axillary hyperhidrosis with botulinum toxin type A reconstituted in lidocaine or in normal saline: a randomized, side-by-side, double-blind studyJ Vadoud-Seyedi
Department of Dermatology, Erasme University Hospital, 808 Route de Lennik, Brussels, Belgium
Br J Dermatol 156:986-9. 2007b>Botulinum toxin type A represents a safe and effective treatment for primary axillary hyperhidrosis. One of the most troublesome disadvantages associated with this therapy is pain at the injection sites...
- Fast voluntary neck movements in patients with cervical dystonia: a kinematic study before and after therapy with botulinum toxin type AB Gregori
Department of Neurological Sciences, University of Rome La Sapienza, Viale dell Universita, 30, 00185 Rome, Italy
Clin Neurophysiol 119:273-80. 2008..To study fast voluntary neck movements in patients with cervical dystonia (CD) before and after therapy with botulinum toxin type-A (BTX-A)...
- Botulinum toxin type A for control of drooling in Asian patients with cerebral palsyYu Ching Lin
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, E Da Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, ROC
Neurology 70:316-8. 2008
- Botulinum toxin type A injections can be an effective treatment for pain in children with hip spasms and cerebral palsyClaire T Lundy
Evelina Children s Hospital, Lambeth Palace Road, London, UK
Dev Med Child Neurol 51:705-10. 2009b>Botulinum toxin type A (BoNT-A) injections were used in the treatment of lower-limb spasticity in children with cerebral palsy (CP)...
- The effect of botulinum toxin type A treatment of the lower extremity on the level of functional abilities in children with cerebral palsy: evaluation with goal attainment scalingDuco Steenbeek
Rehabilitation Centre Breda, The Netherlands
Clin Rehabil 19:274-82. 2005To measure the effect of botulinum toxin type A (BTX-A) treatment in children with cerebral palsy with regard to individual goals concerning functional abilities, using goal attainment scaling.
- Treatment of tension-type headache with botulinum toxin type A: a double-blind, placebo-controlled studyJ D Rollnik
Department of Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology, Medical School of Hannover, Germany
Headache 40:300-5. 2000..CONCLUSIONS: The findings of our study strongly support the hypothesis that peripheral mechanisms, such as increased muscle tenderness, only play a minor role in the pathogenesis of tension-type headache...
- Dose-dependent response to intramuscular botulinum toxin type A for upper-limb spasticity in patients after a strokeMartin K Childers
Dept of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Missouri at Columbia, One Hospital Drive, DCO 46 00, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 85:1063-9. 2004To test the hypothesis that intramuscular (IM) botulinum toxin type A (BTX) reduces excessive muscle tone in a dose-dependent manner in the elbow, wrist, and fingers of patients who experience spasticity after a stroke.
- The treatment of drooling by ultrasound-guided intraglandular injections of botulinum toxin type A into the salivary glandsPeter H Jongerius
Department of Rehabilitation, University Medical Center St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Laryngoscope 113:107-11. 2003The aim of the study was to present the background, procedure, and technique of bilateral ultrasound-guided, single-dose injections of botulinum toxin type A (BTX) into the salivary glands in patients with severe drooling.
- Prospective open-label study of botulinum toxin type A in patients with axillary hyperhidrosis: effects on functional impairment and quality of lifeNowell Solish
Sunnybrook and Women s Health Science Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dermatol Surg 31:405-13. 2005..Few studies have comprehensively evaluated the effects of botulinum toxin type A (BoNT-A) on these symptoms.
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of the efficacy and safety of botulinum toxin type A in upper limb spasticity in patients with strokeA M Bakheit
Stroke Unit, Mount Gould Hospital, Plymouth, UK
Eur J Neurol 8:559-65. 2001To study the efficacy and safety of botulinum toxin type A (BtxA) in the treatment of upper limb muscle spasticity, caused by stroke.
- Time course analysis of the effects of botulinum toxin type a on elbow spasticity based on biomechanic and electromyographic parametersHsin Min Lee
Department of Physical Therapy, I Shou University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, ROC
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 89:692-9. 2008To quantify changes of elbow spasticity over time after botulinum toxin type A (BTX-A) injection in the upper extremity of stroke patients.
- The beneficial antispasticity effect of botulinum toxin type A is maintained after repeated treatment cyclesA M O Bakheit
Peninsula Medical School, Mount Gould Hospital, PL4 7QD, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75:1558-61. 2004..To study the efficacy, safety, and incidence of BtxA antibody formation with repeated treatments with BtxA in post-stroke upper limb muscle spasticity...
- Botulinum toxin type a neuromuscular blockade in the treatment of equinus foot deformity in cerebral palsy: a multicenter, open-label clinical trialL A Koman
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157 1070, USA
Pediatrics 108:1062-71. 2001Focal spasticity of the gastrocnemius-soleus muscles causes equinus gait in children with cerebral palsy (CP). Botulinum toxin type A (BTX-A), a neuromuscular blocking agent, reduces muscle tone/overactivity in dystonia, stroke, and CP.
- Predictors of response to botulinum toxin type A (BoNTA) in chronic daily headacheNinan T Mathew
Houston Headache Clinic, Houston, TX 77004, USA
Headache 48:194-200. 2008To evaluate predictors of response to botulinum toxin type A (BoNTA; BOTOX, Allergan Inc., Irvine, CA, USA) in patients with chronic daily headache (CDH).
- Botulinum toxin type A as migraine preventive treatment in patients previously failing oral prophylactic treatment due to compliance issuesRoger Cady
Headache Care Center, Springfield, MO, USA
Headache 48:900-13. 2008To examine the efficacy and safety of and satisfaction with botulinum toxin type A (BoNTA; BOTOX: Allergan, Inc...
- Human botulism immune globulin for the treatment of infant botulismStephen S Arnon
Infant Botulism Treatment and Prevention Program, California Department of Health Services, Richmond, CA 94804, USA
N Engl J Med 354:462-71. 2006..We created the orphan drug Human Botulism Immune Globulin Intravenous (Human) (BIG-IV), which neutralizes botulinum toxin, and evaluated its safety and efficacy in treating infant botulism, the intestinal-toxemia form of human botulism...
- Long-term benefits of botulinum toxin type A (BOTOX) in chronic daily headache: a five-year long experienceIvano Farinelli
Department of Clinical Sciences, Sapienza University of Rome, 2nd School of Medicine, Sant Andrea Hospital, Via di Grottarossa 1035, I 00189, Rome, Italy
J Headache Pain 7:407-12. 2006b>Botulinum toxin type A (BoNT-A) has been recently suggested as prophylaxis therapy for the treatment of primary headache chronic forms. Several studies on its efficacy are available, but results are often contradictory and not univocal...
- Botulinum toxin type A in the healing of a chronic buttock ulcer in a patient with spastic paraplegia after spinal cord injuryDomenico Intiso
Department of Neuro Rehabilitation, Scientific Institute Hospital Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, San Giovanni Rotondo FG, Italy
J Rehabil Med 41:1100-2. 2009..A new indication for botulinum toxin type A is described here, in treatment of recurrent muscular spasms that had hampered the healing of a chronic ..
- Longitudinal assessment of the dose consistency of botulinum toxin type A (BOTOX) for cervical dystoniaAllison Brashear
Department of Neurology, Indiana University Medical Center, 550 University Boulevard, Room 6620, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Adv Ther 22:49-55. 2005b>Botulinum toxin type A (BoNT/A) is the principal therapy for patients with cervical dystonia. Repeated treatments over many years are required in most cases...
- Recommendations for the use of botulinum toxin type A in the management of cerebral palsyH K Graham
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, Flemington Road, Melbourne, Australia
Gait Posture 11:67-79. 2000b>Botulinum toxin type A (BTX-A) is increasingly being used for the treatment of childhood spasticity, particularly cerebral palsy...
- Botulinum neurotoxin A activity is dependent upon the presence of specific gangliosides in neuroblastoma cells expressing synaptotagmin IBrian C Yowler
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Biol Chem 277:32815-9. 2002....
- Botulinum toxin type A neuromuscular blockade in the treatment of lower extremity spasticity in cerebral palsy: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. BOTOX Study GroupL A Koman
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157 1070, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 20:108-15. 2000..b>Botulinum toxin type A (BTX), a neuromuscular blocking agent, reduces muscle tone in various neuromuscular disorders...
- Botulinum toxin in clinical practiceJ Jankovic
Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75:951-7. 2004..Long term experience with this agent suggests that it is an effective and safe treatment not only for approved indications but also for an increasing number of off-label indications...
- Safety of botulinum toxin type A among children with spasticity secondary to cerebral palsy: a systematic review of randomized clinical trialsCidronio Albavera-Hernández
National Institute of Public Health, Mexican Social Security Institute
Clin Rehabil 23:394-407. 2009To assess the safety of botulinum toxin type A for children with cerebral palsy using data from randomized clinical trials.
- Identification of a potent botulinum neurotoxin a protease inhibitor using in situ lead identification chemistryGrant E Boldt
Department of Chemistry and Immunology, The Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology and Worm Institute of Research and Medicine WIRM, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Org Lett 8:1729-32. 2006..From a 15 microM lead compound, structure-activity relationship studies were performed granting the most potent BoNT/A inhibitor reported to date that displays an inhibition constant of 300 nM...
- Botulinum toxin type A in experimental neuropathic painL Bach-Rojecky
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Zagreb, Croatia
J Neural Transm 112:215-9. 2005A peripheral application of botulinum toxin type A (7 U/kg) has significantly reduced thermal and mechanical hypersensitivity in rats with the partial sciatic nerve transection as a classical model of surgical neuropathy.
- European consensus table on the use of botulinum toxin type A in adult spasticityJorg Wissel
Kliniken Beelitz GmbH, Clinical Department of Neurological Rehabilitation, Beelitz Heilstaetten, Germany
J Rehabil Med 41:13-25. 2009A group of clinicians from across Europe experienced in the use of botulinum toxin type A for the treatment of spasticity following acquired brain injury gathered to develop a consensus statement on best practice in managing adults with ..
- Botulinum neurotoxin type D enables cytosolic delivery of enzymatically active cargo proteins to neurones via unfolded translocation intermediatesSteffen Bade
Institute fur Biochemie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Hannover, Germany
J Neurochem 91:1461-72. 2004..Thus, enzymatically inactive clostridial neurotoxins may serve as effective, safe carriers for delivering proteins in functionally active form to the cytosol of neurones...
- Botulinum toxin type B in antibody-induced botulinum toxin type A therapy failureDirk Dressler
Dept of Neurology, Rostock University, Gehlsheimer Str 20, 18147 Rostock, Germany
J Neurol 250:967-9. 2003..Pharmaceuticals) can produce an adequate therapeutic response in patients with antibody induced failure of botulinum toxin type A complex (BoNT/A) therapy. We wanted to study whether this effect is transient or sustained...
- Botulinum toxin type A induces direct analgesic effects in chronic neuropathic painDanièle Ranoux
Services de Neurologie, Neurochirurgie et Soins Palliatifs, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Limoges, Limoges, France
Ann Neurol 64:274-83. 2008b>Botulinum toxin type A (BTX-A) has been reported to have analgesic effects independent of its action on muscle tone, possibly by acting on neurogenic inflammation. Such a mechanism may be involved in peripheral neuropathic pain.
- Cost-effectiveness of botulinum toxin type a in the treatment of post-stroke spasticityAnthony Ward
North Staffordshire Rehabilitation Unit, The Hayward, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, UK
J Rehabil Med 37:252-7. 2005Treatment strategies for post-stroke spasticity include oral anti-spastic drugs, surgery, physiotherapy and botulinum toxin type A injection...
- Botulinum toxin type A for upper limb spasticity following stroke: an open-label study with individualised, flexible injection regimensJ Slawek
Department of Neurosurgery, Division of Movement Disorders and Functional Neurosurgery, Medical University, ul Debinki 7, 80 211, Gdansk, Poland
Neurol Sci 26:32-9. 2005Current antispastic medications are unsatisfactory for spasticity treatment, but botulinum toxin type A (BTX-A) shows promise as a new therapeutic option...
- Factors affecting the health-related quality of life of patients with cervical dystonia and the impact of botulinum toxin type A injectionsJaroslaw Slawek
Department of Neurological Psychiatric Nursing, Medical University, Gdansk, Poland
Funct Neurol 22:95-100. 2007..Cervical dystonia has a marked impact on HRQL and treatment with BTX-A injections has a beneficial effect, seen both in objective and in subjective measures. Depression in CD patients is a main predictor of worse HRQL...
- Antinociceptive effect of botulinum toxin type a in rat model of carrageenan and capsaicin induced painLidija Bach-Rojecky
Department of Pharmacology and Croatian Institute of Brain Research, Zagreb University School of Medicine, Salata 11, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Croat Med J 46:201-8. 2005To test antinociceptive properties of botulinum toxin type A (BTX-A) in rats with carrageenan- and capsaicin-induced pain and inflammation.
- Formation of neutralizing antibodies in patients receiving botulinum toxin type A for treatment of poststroke spasticity: a pooled-data analysis of three clinical trialsStuart A Yablon
Brain Injury Program, Methodist Rehabilitation Center, Jackson, Mississippi 39216, USA
Clin Ther 29:683-90. 2007The purpose of this study was to investigate the incidence of neutralizing antibody (NAb) formation in patients with poststroke spasticity treated with a specific formulation of botulinum toxin type A (BoNTA).
- Botulinum toxin type A in treatment of bilateral primary axillary hyperhidrosis: randomised, parallel group, double blind, placebo controlled trialM Naumann
Department of Neurology, , Josef-Schneider Strasse 11, , Germany
BMJ 323:596-9. 2001OBJECTIVES: To evaluate the safety and efficacy of botulinum toxin type A in the treatment of bilateral primary axillary hyperhidrosis. DESIGN: Multicentre, randomised, parallel group, placebo controlled trial...
- Safety of botulinum toxin type A in children younger than 2 yearsSamuel Ignacio Pascual-Pascual
Pediatric Neurology Service, University Hospital La Paz, Paseo de la Castellana 261, 28046 Madrid, Spain
Eur J Paediatr Neurol 13:511-5. 2009b>Botulinum toxin type A (BoNT-A) has been used in many indications and is licensed for the treatment of spasticity in children older than 2 years. However, there are few reports of BoNT-A treatment in patients younger than 2 years of age.
- Botulinum toxin type A inhibits rat pyloric myoelectrical activity and substance P release in vivoYi Ping Hou
Laboratory of Neurobiology, Department of Anatomy, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Lanzhou University, 99 Donggang Xi Road, Lanzhou 730000, Gansu, P R China
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 85:209-14. 2007The effect of botulinum toxin type A (BTX-A) on rat pyloric myoelectrical activity in vivo and the content and distribution of substance P (SP) in pylorus were investigated, respectively, with electromyography, radioimmunoassay, and ..
- Different antinociceptive effects of botulinum toxin type A in inflammatory and peripheral polyneuropathic rat modelsChristine Favre-Guilmard
Ipsen Innovation 5, Avenue du Canada, 91940, Les Ulis, France
Eur J Pharmacol 617:48-53. 2009In addition to inhibition of acetylcholine release in the neuromuscular junction botulinum toxin type A (BoNT-A) also inhibits the release of mediators involved in pain perception...
- Use of botulinum toxin type A for the treatment of masseteric muscle hypertrophyOsman Kursat Arikan
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, School of Medicine, Kirikkale University, Kirikkale, Turkey
J Otolaryngol 35:40-3. 2006..Botulinum toxin A is a safe, easy-to-use, and effective nonsurgical option in the management of masseteric muscle hypertrophy. Its use is associated with a high degree of patient and physician satisfaction...
- Effects of botulinum toxin type A on contouring of the lower faceSeong Wook Choe
Department of Dermatology, College of Medicine, Chung Ang University, Seoul, South Korea
Dermatol Surg 31:502-7; discussion 507-8. 2005..OBJECTIVE: This study was a prospective trial to evaluate the effectiveness of botulinum toxin type A (Botox) in the treatment of masseteric muscle hypertrophy according to doses of 10, 20, and 30 U...
- Efficacy and safety of a new Botulinum Toxin Type A free of complexing proteins in the treatment of blepharospasmP Roggenkämper
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Bonn, Wiesbaden, Germany
J Neural Transm 113:303-12. 2006NT 201 is a new development of Botulinum Toxin Type A free of complexing proteins. In this double-blind Phase III trial, we compared the efficacy and safety of NT 201 and BOTOX in patients suffering from blepharospasm...
- Ninhydrin sweat test: a simple method for detecting antibodies neutralizing botulinum toxin type ABernhard Voller
Department of Neurology, Division of Neurorehabilitation, University of Vienna, Austria
Mov Disord 19:943-7. 2004..Both tests provided comparably good results with respect to qualitative antibody detection. In the clinical situation of secondary nonresponse to BoNT/A therapy, the economical NST may be a helpful tool to detect neutralizing BoNT/A-AB...
- Immunologic resistance after repeated botulinum toxin type a injections for facial rhytidesGary Borodic
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 22:239-40. 2006
- The combined effect of lower-limb multilevel botulinum toxin type a and comprehensive rehabilitation on mobility in children with cerebral palsy: a randomized clinical trialVanessa A Scholtes
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 87:1551-8. 2006To evaluate the combined effect on mobility of treatment with multilevel botulinum toxin type A (BTX-A) and comprehensive rehabilitation in children with cerebral palsy (CP).
- Botulinum toxin type A for treating voice tremorCharles H Adler
Parkinson s Disease and Movement Disorders Center, Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, 13400 E Shea Boulevard, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Arch Neurol 61:1416-20. 2004Voice tremor, like spasmodic dysphonia and other tremor disorders, may respond to botulinum toxin type A injections.
- Parotid fistula complicating surgical excision of a basal cell carcinoma: successful treatment with botulinum toxin type ASarah E Hill
Department of Dermatology, Waikato Hospital, Hamilton, New Zealand
Dermatol Surg 33:1365-7. 2007
- Safety of high-dose botulinum toxin type A therapy for the treatment of pediatric spasticityEdward M Goldstein
Child Neurology Associates, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite Children s Medical Center, Marcus Institute Division of Child Neurology, Atlanta, GA 30342, USA
J Child Neurol 21:189-92. 2006..chart review examines the safety of high-dose (> or = 15 U/kg body weight or > or = 800 total units) botulinum toxin type A (BOTOX, Allergan Inc., Irvine, CA) in children and young adults with spasticity...
- Perceptual analyses of spasmodic dysphonia before and after treatmentMichael P Cannito
School of Audiology and Speech Pathology, The University of Memphis, Memphis, Tenn, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 130:1393-9. 2004..of voice and fluency in persons with adductor spasmodic dysphonia (ADSD) before and after treatment with botulinum toxin type A (Botox), as a function of initial severity of the disorder (while controlling for patients' age at ..
- Neutralizing antibodies in dystonic patients who still respond well to botulinum toxin type AG Kranz
Department of Neurology, Medical University of Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Neurology 70:133-6. 2008..We tested whether neutralizing BoNT/A-ABs can be detected in dystonic patients with good clinical responses to botulinum toxin A (BoNT/A) treatment...
- Associated reactions after stroke: a randomized controlled trial of the effect of botulinum toxin type ABipin B Bhakta
Academic Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
J Rehabil Med 40:36-41. 2008..To measure the impact of botulinum toxin A on associated reactions in patients following stroke...
- Repeated dosing of botulinum toxin type A for upper limb spasticity following strokeM F Gordon
North Shore Long Island Jewish Health Systems, New Hyde Park, NY, USA
Neurology 63:1971-3. 2004The authors evaluated the long-term efficacy and safety of botulinum toxin type A (BTX-A) in poststroke spasticity patients who completed a 12-week placebo-controlled study and received multiple open-label treatments with 200 to 240 U BTX-..
- Botulinum toxin type A by iontophoresis for primary palmar hyperhidrosisGina M Kavanagh
J Am Acad Dermatol 55:S115-7. 2006
- Pilot study comparing the diffusion of two formulations of botulinum toxin type A in patients with forehead hyperhidrosisAda R Trindade de Almeida
Clinica Dermatológica do Hospital do Servidor Público Municipal de São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Dermatol Surg 33:S37-43. 2007Different formulations of botulinum toxin type A (BoNTA) may have different diffusion characteristics.
- Effects of botulinum toxin type A on bilateral masseteric hypertrophy evaluated with computed tomographic measurementHyun Jeong Kim
Department of Dental Anesthesiology and Dental Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Dentistry, Korea
Dermatol Surg 29:484-9. 2003A paucity of reports exist on the use of botulinum toxin type A injections as an alternative noninvasive treatment for masseteric hypertrophy.
- Long-term quantitative benefits of botulinum toxin type A in the treatment of axillary hyperhidrosisIb R Odderson
Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Dermatol Surg 28:480-3. 2002..Although axillary hyperhidrosis is readily treated with botulinum toxin, the time course of benefits is not well established...
- Neutralizing antibodies and secondary therapy failure after treatment with botulinum toxin type A: much ado about nothing?Oliver Lange
Institute for Pharmacology and Toxicology, Hannover Medical University, Hannover, Germany
Clin Neuropharmacol 32:213-8. 2009As the indications and duration of treatment of botulinum toxin type A (BoNT-A) increase, so do reports of patients who fail therapy after initially responding well...
- Treatment of glabellar lines with botulinum toxin type A (Speywood Unit): a clinical overviewB Rzany
dEBM, Klinik fur Dermatologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 24:1-14. 2010..The efficacy and safety profiles reported here are unique to BoNT-A (s.U) and cannot be generalized to other BoNT-A products...
- Treatment of relative sialorrhoea with botulinum toxin type A: description and rationale for an injection procedure with case reportS Glickman
Rayners Hedge Neuro rehabilitation Unit, Aylesbury Vale Healthcare Community NHS Trust, Aylesbury, London, UK
Eur J Neurol 8:567-71. 2001This paper describes a technique for treatment of relative sialorrhoea by injection of botulinum toxin type A. It includes the rationale for treatment, a description of the regional anatomy, the physiological basis for treatment and the ..
- Botulinum toxin type A in primary palmar hyperhidrosis: randomized, single-blind, two-dose studyD Saadia
Department of Neurology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Neurology 57:2095-9. 2001..trial, 24 patients with severe palmar hyperhidrosis received either a low (50 U) or a high dose (100 U) of botulinum toxin type A (Botox, Allergan) injected intradermally in 20 sites in each palm...
- A double-blind randomised placebo-controlled evaluation of three doses of botulinum toxin type A (Dysport) in the treatment of spastic equinovarus deformity after strokeS J Pittock
Department of Neurology, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Cerebrovasc Dis 15:289-300. 2003..Calf muscle hypertonicity following stroke may impair walking rehabilitation. The aim of this study was to assess botulinum toxin (Dysport) in post-stroke calf spasticity...
- Increased botulinum toxin type A dosage is more effective in patients with Frey's syndromeOrlando Guntinas-Lichius
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Cologne, Germany
Laryngoscope 112:746-9. 2002..To compare the duration of effect of two dosage regimes of botulinum toxin A to treat patients with Frey's syndrome...
- Evidence against trigger point injection technique for the treatment of cervicothoracic myofascial pain with botulinum toxin type AF Michael Ferrante
UCLA Pain and Spine Care, Department of Anesthesiology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Anesthesiology 103:377-83. 2005..Botulinum toxin is itself an analgesic but can also cause sustained muscular relaxation, thereby possibly affording even greater relief than traditional therapies...
- Botulinum toxin type A management of spasticity in the context of orthopaedic surgery for children with spastic cerebral palsyH K Graham
Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Melbourne, Orthopaedic Surgery, Murdoch Children's Research Institute, Royal Children's Hospital, Hugh Williamson Gait Laboratory, Australia
Eur J Neurol 8:30-9. 2001..In this review, a number of new management strategies are described, in which spasticity management by intramuscular injections of botulinum toxin type A and deformity correction, by orthopaedic surgery, are combined.
- Duration of migraine is a predictor for response to botulinum toxin type AEric J Eross
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Headache 45:308-14. 2005To identify the clinical characteristics and/or injection parameters that predict a favorable response to botulinum toxin type A in patients with episodic and chronic migraine.
- Treatment of hypertrophic scars with intralesional botulinum toxin type A injections: a preliminary reportZhibo Xiao
Department of Plastic Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province, People s Republic of China
Aesthetic Plast Surg 33:409-12. 2009..Recent reports show that botulinum toxin type A (BTX-A) improves wound healing...
- Botulinum Toxin Type A in the treatment of chronic migraine without medication overuseFrederick G Freitag
Diamond Headache Clinic, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Headache 48:201-9. 2008..Previous studies with Botulinum Toxin Type A have demonstrated that it is effective even in patients with medication overuse...
- Botulinum toxin type A: a treatment option for digital ischemia in patients with Raynaud's phenomenonAlero Fregene
Division of Plastic Surgery, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, USA
J Hand Surg Am 34:446-52. 2009..Reports in the literature describe the use of botulinum toxin type A (BTX-A) for the treatment of vasospastic ischemia of the digits...
- Treatment of axillary hyperhidrosis by chemodenervation of sweat glands using botulinum toxin type ADee Anna Glaser
Department of Dermatology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
J Drugs Dermatol 3:627-31. 2004..Chemodenervation of sweat glands using botulinum toxin type A (BTX-A), which has long-lasting therapeutic efficacy with minimal adverse effects, has emerged as a unique ..
- Effect of botulinum toxin plus vibration on bone in children with cerebral palsyChristopher M Modlesky; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Pelvic Floor Disorders Network - Duke University Clinical SiteAnthony G Visco; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Structural and functional studies of botulinum neurotoxinRongsheng Jin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our work may also provide new insights into the activity and side effects of drugs such as Botox(R) and Dysport(R), which may help improve their clinical efficacy and suggest novel clinical applications. ..
- Botulinum toxin in muscles of masticationSusan W Herring; Fiscal Year: 2012..The results will guide clinicians in understanding functional consequences and help to validate clinical rationales for treatment. ..
- Aerodynamic Study for Laryngeal Function Assessment Using Airflow Interruption MeJack J Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Preliminary observations suggest that aerodynamic measurements can improve assessment of voice disorders. Thus, the potential to improve understanding of normal and disordered voice production is great. ..
- Novel Small Molecule Inhibitors of Botulinum Neurotoxin ATerry L Bowlin; Fiscal Year: 2010..By the end of this proposed research and pre-clinical development plan, our overall project milestone is to file an IND for the clinical human safety evaluation of an orally active small molecule BoNT/A inhibitor. ..
- Scalable sensor array platform for analysis of quantal transmitter release eventsManfred Lindau; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this way this novel assay platform would provide opportunities to measure quantal release events as neurobiological endpoints and will provide a pipeline for target identification and drug discovery. ..
- Muscle Structure, Toxin Dose, and Exercise Affect Botulinum Toxin EfficiencySAMUEL RICHARD WARD; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Botulinum toxin type A is frequently used to treat neuromusculoskeletal impairments by inducing "reversible chemical denervation" of a muscle...
- Investigations Targeting Symptomatic Relief to Botulinum Neurotoxin A IntoxicatioKim D Janda; Fiscal Year: 2013..Against this backdrop our research will embrace the discovery of molecules that will provide both immediate and possible long-term relief from these neuroparalytic effects of BoNT/A. ..
- Behavioral feedback and Neuronal LifespanCarolyn L Pytte; Fiscal Year: 2010..Different responses among neurons of different age groups will provide the basis for subsequent investigation of the mechanisms by which feedback-induced neuron death may occur. ..
- Multivalent VAccines for BiodefenseANETTE contact SCHNEEMANN; Fiscal Year: 2010..If the proposed strategy is successful, the application of this platform could be expanded dramatically for development of vaccines against numerous other pathogens. ..
- Characterization of Botulinum Neurotoxin A SubtypesEric A Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, the characterization of toxin properties will facilitate future developments of targeted anti-BoNT therapeutics that will b effective against all BoNT/A subtypes. ..
- DOUBLE-BLIND BOTULINUM TOXIN FOR SPASMODIC DYSPHONIAMitchell Brin; Fiscal Year: 1991....
- Nuclease-Resistant Aptamers to Botox and Anthrax ToxinsJohn Bruno; Fiscal Year: 2004..Such reagents could also be used in environmental biosensors or diagnostic test kits for detection of BOTOX and anthrax toxins in body fluids or environmental samples. ..
- MECHANISM OF BOTULINUM TOXIN ACTIONLANCE SIMPSON; Fiscal Year: 2006..The goal of the proposed work will be to select botulinum toxin type A as a prototype, to select a human gut epithelial cell line (T-84) as a prototype, and then use these two ..
- Planning Grant for SOD III Multicenter TrialPeter Cotton; Fiscal Year: 2004..This trial will answer several of the important questions raised by the expert panel at the NIH State of the Science of ERCP Conference, held in January. ..
- Optimization of Codon-Pair Usage to Maximize Protein Expression in PlantsKEITH WYCOFF; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biocombinatorial Strategies Against Botulinum ToxinKim Janda; Fiscal Year: 2003..The research described provides a foundation for highly sensitive detection and monitoring of BoTox in progenitor and toxic forms and for passive immunotherapy against the active toxin. ..
- A Novel Immunotoxin for Treatment and Cure of StrabismusLEO CHALUPA; Fiscal Year: 2005..The use of IX-146 could be extended in the future to a wider variety of ophthalmologic, neurologic, and neuromuscular disorders, including blepharospasm as well as other types of dystonias. ..
- EYE MOVEMENTS: FORCE, MOTION, AND ANATOMY RELATIONSHIPSStephen Goldberg; Fiscal Year: 2002..b>Botulinum toxin type A can be injected in order to weaken a particular muscle so that it may perform better in relation to other ..
- BOTULINUM TREATMENT OF STRABISMUS--BASIC MECHANISMSWilliam King; Fiscal Year: 1990..Taken together, our findings should provide significant insights into central and peripheral adaptive mechanisms relevant to the development of strabismus, and its treatment by BTX therapy...
- Toxin Detection w/Antibody Fragments & Novel BiosensorsEdward Elson; Fiscal Year: 2003..scFv's will be prepared by phage display and screened by bio-panning against the light chain of botulinum toxin type A. The use of small scFv's rather than large intact antibodies should further increase biosensor sensitivity ..
- TREATMENT OF CONGENITAL ESOTROPIAWilliam Scott; Fiscal Year: 1992..Long-term follow-up is essential in both components of the study, the alignment at 12 months following the treatment being considered the endpoint result in both Trial I and Trial II."..
- CLINICAL TRIALS OF TREATMENT FOR CONGENITAL ESOTROPIAJohn Connett; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- DYSTONIA TREATMENT BY BOTULINUM TOXINSAlan Scott; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- Quinoline-Based Inhibitors of Botulinum Neurotoxin ANORTON PEET; Fiscal Year: 2008..This proposal describes the preparation and development of novel drugs to treat botulinum poisoning." [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- GENETICS OF PARKINSON DISEASE IN THE AMISHBrad Racette; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Epidemilogy of Parkinsonism in WeldersBrad A Racette; Fiscal Year: 2011..The cohort assembled will provide unique opportunities for future research projects into gene-environment interactions and exposure related neuroimaging changes. ..
- Activity-Induced Recovery Following Brain TraumaFernando Gomez Pinilla; Fiscal Year: 2008..Therefore, the unique aspect of our proposal is to evaluate experience as a modulator of neuronal plasticity that can be used to enhance functional recovery following TBI. ..
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY INDUCES NEUROTROPHIC FACTORSFernando Gomez Pinilla; Fiscal Year: 2002..Thirdly, the PI will determine whether locomotor deficit caused by degeneration of large muscle afferents (by using high doses of pyridoxine) can be countered by daily locomotion induction of neurotrophins. ..
- Connective Tissues as a Factor in Vocal Fold ParalysisJulie Barkmeier Kraemer; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- NEUROTROPHIN REGULATION IN THE SPINAL CORDFernando Gomez Pinilla; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Patient-Oriented Models for Urinary Function in WomenLinda Brubaker; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] b. To model urinary storage in health and disease [unreadable] c. To model urinary emptying in health and diseas [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Leupeptin in a Canine Model of Duchenne Muscular DystrophyMARTIN CHILDERS; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific Aim #4b: Compare lean body muscle mass and calpain activity between leupeptin and placebo-treated GRMD dogs. ..
- OUTCOME MEASURES FOR CLINICAL TRIALS IN STRABISMUSJonathan Holmes; Fiscal Year: 2008..Ultimately this research will result in better quality of life for patients with strabismus. ..
- UROLOGIC TRAINING PROGRAM FOR PHYSICIANS AND SCIENTISTSMichael Chancellor; Fiscal Year: 2003..The trainees facilities can serve more fellows than will be funded by this training proposal. All the training can be carried out in the more than 55,000 square feet of fully equipped laboratory space available. ..
- SELECTIVE REMOVAL OF EXTRAOCULAR MUSCLEAlan Scott; Fiscal Year: 2002..Aim 6 represents human pilot studies needed for design of clinical trials for the therapy developed in this proposal. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF AN ORAL CARRIERLance L Simpson; Fiscal Year: 2010..To demonstrate an absence of toxicity of the modified carrier and the modified carrier~tetanus antigen construct If successful, this work should demonstrate that a mucosal tetanus vaccine is worthy of evaluation as a clinical product. ..
- MUSCLE CELLS MEDIATED GENE THERAPY FOR INCONTINENCEMichael Chancellor; Fiscal Year: 2005..We want to underscore that these stem cells have not been obtained from embryos (animal or human) or cell lines of embryonic stem cells. ..
- PHONATION AND PHONATORY CONTROL IN VOCAL TREMORSMarshall Smith; Fiscal Year: 2002..The experimental phase consists of studies of neuromuscular and respiratory input to the larynx. This information about vocal tremor will be applied to model simulations with the use of physiological signals as input model parameters. ..
- Hindbrain Herniation in Sheep Model of MyelomeningoceleCornelia von Koch; Fiscal Year: 2002..Furthermore, we will characterize in lambs gross pathological and axonal pathfinding anomalies usually seen in the human disease. ..
- Limbic & Motor System Interaction in Laryngeal FunctionDouglas Van Daele; Fiscal Year: 2008..It will promote a better understanding of how speech is acquired and generated at the cortical level, of voice disorders such as spasmodic dysphonia, of the focal dystonias, and of speech recovery after brain injury. ..
- Beta-2 Receptor Polymorphisms and Vasodilation in HumansJohn Eisenach; Fiscal Year: 2007..My long-term career goal is to become an independent investigator performing physiology and pharmacology studies directed at the genomics of the cardiovascular system in humans. ..
- Development of botulinum neurotoxin immunotherapyJames Marks; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such information will be invaluable for vaccine development as well as diagnostic testing and microbial forensics. ..
- Disease and Continuous Myofiber Remodeling in EOMLinda McLoon; Fiscal Year: 2004..Ultimately, we hope to use this information to develop new therapeutic strategies.for the treatment of strabismus and other ocular and non-ocular muscle diseases. ..
- DIABETIC BLADDER AFFERENT NEURON AND NGF GENE THERAPYMichael Chancellor; Fiscal Year: 2004..By defining bladder afferent neuropathy of DM, one can offer the hope of prevention, reversal, and even cure of diabetic cystopathy with NGF gene therapy. This represents a high priority in the urologic care of diabetic patients. ..
- Assessment of Altered Function in Diabetic BladderFirouz Daneshgari; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Ion Channels and Chemicals Controlling Synapse StabilityJoseph McArdle; Fiscal Year: 2006..The knowledge gained from this research will enlighten future molecular approaches to treating pathologies which afflict children and adults. ..
- Renal Epithelial Sodium Channels and SyntaxinsSunil Saxena; Fiscal Year: 2006..Epitope mapping will be used to optimize the specificity of polyclonal antibodies, and anti-sense oligonucleotides will be used to modulate the level of endogenous proteins in the mpkCCDC14 line. ..
- Electrode Array Reanimation of the Paralyzed LarynxMarshall Smith; Fiscal Year: 2006..Nerve samples will be harvested and studied to examine the effects of the implanted array on RLN fibers. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Deciphering toxin neutralization by oligoclonal antibodyJames Marks; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, this approach would be applicable to four of the other Class A agents (anthrax, smallpox, plague, and hemorrhagic fever viruses). ..
- Neutralizing Human Antibodies to Botulinum Toxin ALISA EUBANKS; Fiscal Year: 2006..The association rate constant, dissociation rate constant, and equilibrium dissociation constant for antibody-BoNT A binding will be obtained for the evolved antibodies. ..
- Study of Intrinsic Bladder Activity by Optical ImagingAnthony Kanai; Fiscal Year: 2007..To study the neural-chemical control of spontaneous detrusor activity; and III.) To determine the origin of detrusor overactivity in partially obstructed bladders. ..
- Mechanisms of Vaginal Sling Effects on ContinenceFirouz Daneshgari; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-term goal of this proposal is to expand the findings of this project into an R01 application in order to translate our findings into relevant clinical studies. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Bone Marrow Stromal Cells for Bladder Tissue EngineeringYuanyuan Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2006..3.3) Evaluate extent of bladder regeneration at different time points through histology, contractility assays, and immunohistochemical staining. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Conference--National Urology Resident Female Pelvic MedFirouz Daneshgari; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Functional Tissue Engineering for Stress IncontinenceMichael Chancellor; Fiscal Year: 2006..These stem cells have not been obtained from embryos (animal or human) or cell lines of embryonic stem cells. ..
- Lateral Rectus Reanimation following Sixth Nerve PalsyArthur Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2006..The final implanted device will encompass the stimulation control system, which will be optimized in individual tests within our laboratory setting. ..
- Combined Modality Treatment of ADSDERIN SILVERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2004..parallel arm design to examine the effect of phonatory retraining ("behavioral voice therapy") following botulinum toxin type A (Botox m) injections for adductor-type spasmodic dysphonia (ADSD)...
- In vivo panning for schistosome protective epitopesCharles Shoemaker; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Development of Genetic Tools for Clostridium botulinumEric Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Novel brain stimulation to enhance stroke recoveryEsteban Fridman; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, it will provide some insight into mechanisms underlying such recovery. Since stroke is the leading cause of motor disabilities this work has a clear clinical relevance. ..