Genomes and Genes
tissue polypeptide antigen
Summary: Serological tumor marker composed of a molecular complex of cytokeratins 8, 18, and 19. It is used in the diagnosis and staging of bronchogenic carcinoma.
Publications128 found, 100 shown here
- Interpretation of sequential measurements of cancer antigen 125 (CA 125), carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), and tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) based on analytical imprecision and biological variation in the monitoring of ovarian cancerM K Tuxen
Department of Oncology and Clinical Chemistry, Herlev Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Clin Chem Lab Med 39:531-8. 2001The main objective with cancer antigen 125 (CA 125), carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), and tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) monitoring of ovarian cancer patients is to detect an early change of disease activity with high reliability...
- Serum biomarkers of non-neuron-endocrine origin in small-cell lung cancer: a 16-year study on carcinoembryonic antigen, tissue polypeptide antigen and lactate dehydrogenaseG Buccheri
Divisione di Pneumologia, Ospedale S Croce e Carle, Cuneo, Italy
Lung Cancer 30:37-49. 2000..Based on such a premise, we decided to review the Cuneo Lung Cancer Study Group 16-year-experience with non-neuron-endocrine markers in SCLC...
- Four tumour markers for urinary bladder cancer--tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA), HER-2/neu (ERB B2), urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) and TP53 mutationThorsten H Ecke
Department of Urology, HUMAINE Hospital Bad Saarow, Germany
Anticancer Res 25:635-41. 2005b>Tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) is present in the proteolytic fragments of cytokeratins 8, 18 and 19 as a component of the cytoskeleton of nonsquamous epithelia...
- Serum concentrations of squamous-cell carcinoma antigen and tissue polypeptide antigen in the follow-up of patients with vulvar cancerL Hefler
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University of Vienna Medical School, Vienna, Austria
Int J Cancer 83:167-70. 1999..evaluate the clinical usefulness of serum concentrations of squamous-cell carcinoma antigen (SCC-Ag) and tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) in the follow-up of patients with vulvar cancer...
- Tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA), hyaluronan and CA 125 as serum markers in malignant mesotheliomaMattias Hedman
Department of Oncology, Huddinge University Hospital, Sodersjukhuset, 118 83 Stockholm, Sweden
Anticancer Res 23:531-6. 2003..Our results indicate that these three serum markers and mainly TPA might be useful as markers of disease progression and TPA for prediction of survival...
- Clinical equivalence of two cytokeratin markers in mon-small cell lung cancer: a study of tissue polypeptide antigen and cytokeratin 19 fragmentsGianfranco Buccheri
Division of Pneumology, Ospedale S Croce e Carle, Cuneo, Italy
Chest 124:622-32. 2003We have longstanding experience with tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA), a tumor marker of the cytokeratin (CK) family. In the mid-1990s, a new CK marker, CK 19 fragments (CYFRA 21-1), became popular and widely accepted...
- Serum biomarkers facilitate the recognition of early- stage cancer and may guide the selection of surgical candidates: a study of carcinoembryonic antigen and tissue polypeptide antigen in patients with operable non-small cell lung cancerG Buccheri
Cuneo Lung Cancer Study Group wwww clucasg org at the S Croce e Carle Hospital, Cuneo, Italy
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 122:891-9. 2001..of predicting the resectability of non-small cell lung cancer by measuring the plasma level of the tissue polypeptide antigen, a marker of the cytokeratin family...
- The role of tumour markers in predicting skeletal metastases in breast cancer patients with equivocal bone scintigraphyA Nicolini
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Italy
Br J Cancer 79:1443-7. 1999..3 tumour marker panel has a high value in selecting those patients with bone metastases, or at high risk of developing clinically-evident bone metastases, among the large number of subjects with equivocal BS...
- The role of tumour markers in improving the accuracy of conventional chest X-ray and liver echography in the post-operative detection of thoracic and liver metastases from breast cancerA Nicolini
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Br J Cancer 83:1412-7. 2000..3 tumour marker panel has a high value for selecting those patients at high risk of developing clinically evident pulmonary or liver metastases from amongst those subjects with equivocal CXR or equivocal LE...
- Effect of opium smoking on concentrations of carcinoembryonic antigen and tissue polypeptide antigenF Naghibalhossaini
Department of Biochemistry, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Int J Biol Markers 19:305-9. 2004..of this work was to evaluate the clinical usefulness of determining carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) and tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) levels in habitual opium smokers...
- Is tissue polypeptide antigen still a useful tumor marker in breast carcinoma? Comparison with CA15.3 and MCAM Gion
Division of Radiotherapy, General Regional Hospital, Venice, Italy
Tumori 76:360-4. 1990Serum levels of tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) are related to the proliferative activity and to the mass of the malignancy, differently from any other available tumor marker. We therefore evaluated TPA in comparison with CA15...
- Evaluation of serum CA15-3 determination with CEA and TPA in the post-operative follow-up of breast cancer patientsA Nicolini
Institute of 2nd Medical Clinic, University of Pisa, Italy
Br J Cancer 64:154-8. 1991..Contemporaneous measurement of serum CEA levels only slightly increases sensitivity and positive predictive value of TPA-CA15-3 combination...
- Intensive post-operative follow-up of breast cancer patients with tumour markers: CEA, TPA or CA15.3 vs MCA and MCA-CA15.3 vs CEA-TPA-CA15.3 panel in the early detection of distant metastasesAndrea Nicolini
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
BMC Cancer 6:269. 2006..As high sensitivity and specificity and different cut-off values have been reported for mucin-like carcinoma associated antigen (MCA), we compared MCA with the above mentioned tumour markers and MCA-CA15.3 with the CEA-TPA-CA15.3 panel...
- [Clinical value of serum tissue polypeptide specific antigen detection for primary hepatic cancer]Da ren Huang
Department of Oncology, People s Hospital of Shantou, Shantou 515031, China
Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao 25:89-92. 2005..To evaluate the clinical value of serum tissue polypeptide specific antigen (TPS) for primary hepatic cancer in comparison with alpha-fetoprotein (AFP)...
- Prognostic significance of TPA versus SCC-Ag, CEA and neopterin in carcinoma of the uterine cervixBirgit Volgger
Medical University of Innsbruck, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Anichstrasse 35, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Cancer Lett 262:183-9. 2008Prognostic significance of squamous cell carcinoma antigen (SCC-Ag), tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA), carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) and neopterin in cervical cancer patients was compared.
- Clinical effectiveness of tumor markers in squamous cell carcinoma of the larynxAnna Eleftheriadou
Department of Otolaryngology, G Gennimatas Hospital, Athens, Greece
Anticancer Res 26:2493-7. 2006..The aim of this study was to examine and compare the value of the serum tumor markers CYFRA 21-1, TPA-M, SCCA and CEA in squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) of the larynx. Moreover, their possible clinical applications were studied...
- [Tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA)]Yasuyuki Sugiyama
Department of Oncological Surgery, Gifu University, Postgraduate School of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 63:705-7. 2005
- The concentrations of five tumor markers in both BAL fractions in lung cancer patients in relation to cigarette smokingM C Pardos
Pneumology services, La Paz Hospital, Complutense University, Madrid, Spain
Tumori 85:454-7. 1999..Some of these markers, such as carcinoembryonic antigen, neuron-specific enolase, tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA), tissue polypeptide-specific antigen (TPS) and CYFRA 21...
- Diagnostic value of measuring serum CA 15-3, TPA, and TPS in women with breast cancerIzabela Sliwowska
Department of Laboratory Diagnostics, Chair of Oncology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online) 60:295-9. 2006..The concentrations of CA 15-3, TPA, and TPS were determined in the serum of 90 women with breast cancer..
- Clinical utility of cytokeratins as tumor markersVivian Barak
Immunology Laboratory for Tumor Diagnosis, Oncology Department, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
Clin Biochem 37:529-40. 2004..The three most applied cytokeratin markers used in the clinic are tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA), tissue polypeptide specific antigen (TPS), and CYFRA 21-1...
- Prognostic significance of tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) in head and neck carcinomasA Becciolini
Department of Clinical Physiopathology, The University, Florence, Italy
Acta Oncol 32:295-9. 1993The serum tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) was determined before and at the end of radiotherapy in a group of patients with head and neck epidermoid carcinoma...
- Evaluation of different markers in non-small cell lung cancer: prognostic value of clinical staging, tumour cell detection and tumour marker analysis for tumour progression and overall survivalSabine Kasimir-Bauer
University of Essen Medical School, Department of Internal Medicine Cancer Research, West German Cancer Center, Essen, Germany
Oncol Rep 10:475-82. 2003..The tumour marker tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) and Cyfra 21-1 were the only marker which significantly correlated with OS...
- [New tumour markers useful in diagnostics and monitoring of cervical cancer]Grazyna Ewa Bedkowska
Zakład Diagnostyki Biochemicznej, Akademii Medycznej w Białymstoku
Przegl Lek 64:1022-7. 2007....
- [Tumor markers TPA and Cyfra 21.1 in patients with non-small cell lung cancer after surgery and chemotherapy]Ewa Passowicz-Muszynska
Katedra i Klinika Chorób Płuc AM we Wrocławiu
Pol Merkur Lekarski 13:294-7. 2002..It seems that establishing of values of Cyfra 21.1 and TPA in the patient's follow up may be useful in recognition of tumour relapse...
- Tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) in comparison with mutations of tumour suppressor gene P53 (TP53) in patients with bladder cancerThorsten H Ecke
Department of Urology, Humaine Hospital, Pieskower Str 33, D 15526 Bad Saarow, Germany tho eckeghotmail com
Anticancer Res 23:957-62. 2003b>Tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) is a circulating complex of polypeptide fragments from cytokeratins 8, 18 and 19. It is a tumour-related protein. TPA is an indicator of higher cell proliferation...
- [Tumor markers in uterine cancers]Ichio Fukasawa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, 880 Kitakobayashi, Mibu machi, Shimotsuga gun, Tochigi 321 0293, Japan
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 29:333-40. 2002..Combination assay of several tumor markers including cancer antigen 125 (CA125) as a core marker may be of greater diagnostic value in cases of uterine corpus carcinoma...
- Lung tumour markers in oncology practice: a study of TPA and CA125G Buccheri
Divisione di Pneumologia, Ospedale S Croce e Carle, I 12100 Cuneo, Italy
Br J Cancer 87:1112-8. 2002..This is the first clinical study specifically designed to compare tissue polypeptide antigen and CA 125 tumour associated antigen...
- Tumour markers as early predictors of response to chemotherapy in advanced colorectal carcinomaA Berglund
Departments of Oncology, Radiology and Clinical Immunology, Uppsala University, Akademiska sjukhuset, Uppsala, Sweden
Ann Oncol 13:1430-7. 2002....
- Comparison of serum CA72-4, CEA, TPA, CA19-9 and CA125 levels in gastric cancer patients and correlation with recurrenceI Rue Lai
Department of Surgery, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Hepatogastroenterology 49:1157-60. 2002..Serum tumor markers were investigated as prognostic factors for recurrence in patients with gastric cancers...
- Plasma and tissue CEA and TPA markers in operable breast cancer. Preliminary resultsG Saccani Jotti
Istituto di Anatomia ed Istologia Patologica, , Italia
Tumori 74:681-8. 1988..Circulating CEA gave negative findings in all relapsed patients; 2 of them showed weak positivity only in the histologic staining at the time of presentation...
- Usefulness of tissue polypeptide antigen in the follow-up of bladder cancerVioleta Menéndez López
Department of Urology, Hospital General Universitario de Elche, Elche, Spain
Urology 62:243-8. 2003To evaluate the sensitivity and specificity of serum tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) as a tumor marker for monitoring tumor recurrence in a prospective Phase II study.
- [Present conditions and the prospects for biomarker measurement in breast cancer]Hisanori Kawamoto
Department of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, St Marianna University School of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 65:281-4. 2007
- How to express tumor markers in bronchoalveolar lavageF J Gómez de Terreros Caro
Pneumology Service, La Paz Hospital, Autonoma University, Madrid, Spain
Int J Biol Markers 19:67-71. 2004..Tumor marker values can be determined in the BAL fluid, but controversy still exists about how to express the results...
- [Clinical importance of determination of tumor markers during follow-up in breast carcinoma]J Finek
Radioterapeutické a onkologické oddĕlení FN, Plzen
Cas Lek Cesk 143:174-7. 2004..Paper deals with detection of the early disease progression in breast cancer patients during follow up using tumor markers...
- Prospective study of a panel of tumor markers as prognostic factors in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of head and neckD Kandiloros
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Athens, Hippokration Hospital, Athens
Med Oncol 23:463-70. 2006..The identification of a reliable circulating tumor marker in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN) could assist in diagnosis and monitoring response to therapy...
- Cytokeratins as serum markers in egyptian bladder cancer. A comparison of CYFRA 21-1, TPA and TPSE A Mady
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Int J Biol Markers 16:130-5. 2001..Combined use of two of the three markers did not raise the sensitivities obtained by single determination of CYFRA 21-1. The present study suggests that serum CYFRA 21-1 could be a marker of choice in bladder cancer...
- [Relation between the serum tissue polypeptide specific antigen level and the biological demeanour of lung cancer]Mingsheng Chen
Department of Immunology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 25:262-4. 2002..To investigate the relation between the serum tissue polypeptide specific antigen and the biological demeanour of lung cancer and analyze its clinical meaning for diagnosis of lung cancer...
- [Use of color Doppler technique and estimation of CA 125 amd TPA levels in blood serum for the diagnosis of adnexal masses]Tomasz Fuchs
Katedry i Kliniki Rozrodczości i Połoznictwa AM we Wrocławiu
Ginekol Pol 73:1038-43. 2002..The purpose of the study was to compare usefulness of color doppler technique and measurements of Ca 125 and TPA levels in differential diagnosis of adnexal masses...
- Relation of the prothrombotic state to increasing age (from the Framingham Offspring Study)Geoffrey H Tofler
Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Am J Cardiol 96:1280-3. 2005..Measures to reduce thrombotic potential may be of particular value in the elderly, because they counter the prothrombotic state that develops with aging...
- Tissue engineering of human salivary gland organoidsM Bucheler
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Leipzig, Germany
Acta Otolaryngol 122:541-5. 2002..Medium samples were tested for alpha-amylase, tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) and S100 in order to control parotid cell function in vitro...
- Establishment and characterization of a cell line (OMC-9) originating from a human endometrial stromal sarcomaYoshiteru Kakuno
Departments of Pathology and Radiology, Osaka Medical College, Osaka, Japan
Hum Cell 21:46-55. 2008..OMC-9 cells produced tissue polypeptide antigen. Both CD10, a sensitive and diagnostically useful marker of endometrial stromal neoplasms, and vimentin ..
- Evaluation of different methods for the detection of minimal residual disease in blood and bone marrow of patients with primary breast cancer: importance for clinical use?S Kasimir-Bauer
Department of Internal Medicine, West German Cancer Center, University of Essen
Breast Cancer Res Treat 69:123-32. 2001..At least one TM, including carcinoembryonic antigen, carbohydrate antigen 15-3 and tissue polypeptide antigen, was increased in 58/128 (45%) patients [21/58 (36%) were CK+ in the BM]...
- Growth of a human yolk sac tumor cell line with yolk sac-derived functions in selenium-supplemented chemically defined synthetic mediumK Ohkawa
Department of Biochemistry, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol 28:449-54. 1992..AFP), ferritin, carcinoembryonic antigen, beta-2-microglobulin, polyamine, neuron specific enolase, tissue polypeptide antigen, transferrin (Tf), epidermal growth factor, and platelet derived growth factor...
- Florid cutaneous and mucosal papillomatosis with acanthosis nigricans revealing a primary lung cancerU Bottoni
Istituto di Dermatologia, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Italy
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 14:205-8. 2000..This type of AN is frequently associated with internal malignancy. In our patient serum levels of tissue polypeptide antigen, carcinoembryonic antigen, cytokeratin fragment and squamous cell carcinoma antigen were high and chest ..
- The epidemiology of asbestos-related diseasesJacek Niklinski
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Medical Academy of Bialystok, 24A M Sklodowska Curie Str, 15 276, Poland
Lung Cancer 45:S7-S15. 2004..In addition, diagnosis of the disease can be difficult. The use of biological markers, such as tissue polypeptide antigen, may play a useful role in the early detection of the disease in individuals at risk.
- Cytoplasmic c-Fos induced by the YXXQ-derived STAT3 signal requires the co-operative MEK/ERK signal for its nuclear translocationNatsuko Higashi
Department of Immunology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 4 3 Asahi machi, Abeno Ku, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
Genes Cells 9:233-42. 2004..Thus, the YXXQ-signal induces c-Fos expression through STAT3 and anchors the new c-Fos in the cytoplasm. In addition, the YXXQ-signal and an Erk signal co-operatively cause c-Fos activation in the nucleus...
- Value of carcinoembryonic antigen and cytokeratins for the detection of recurrent disease following curative resection of colorectal cancerLuis C Fernandes
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Federal University of Sao Paulo Escola Paulista de Medicina, Brazil
World J Gastroenterol 12:3891-4. 2006..To evaluate the efficacy of postoperative serial assay of carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) and cytokeratins for the detection of recurrent disease in patients with colorectal adenocarcinoma after radical surgery...
- [Study of the cytosolic concentrations of the tissue poly-peptide specific (TPS) antigen in infiltrating ductal carcinomas of the breast. Positive relationship with hormone dependency and negative with cellular proliferation]A Ruibal
, Departamento de Medicina Nuclear, , Madrid
Rev Esp Med Nucl 20:365-8. 2001INTRODUCTION: The tissue-specific polypeptide antigen (TPS) is an epitope of the tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) which is defined by the M3 monoclonal antibody and is related to cytokeratin 18...
- A true splenic cyst producing carbohydrate antigen 19-9 and cancer antigens 50 and 125, but not interleukin 10Gennaro Galizia
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, 2nd University of Naples School of Medicine, Naples, Italy
Dig Surg 20:71-4. 2003..of carbohydrate antigen 19-9 (CA 19-9), carcino-embryonic antigen (CEA), cancer antigens 50 and 125, and tissue polypeptide antigen. In contrast, the serum levels of interleukin 10, a cytokine involved in modulating immune responses and ..
- Serum tumour markers CA 15-3, TPA, TPS, hCGbeta and TATI in the monitoring of chemotherapy response in metastatic breast cancerJ Sjöstrom
Department of Oncology, Helsinki University Hospital, Finland
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 61:431-41. 2001The clinical utility of CA 15-3, polypeptide specific antigen (TPS), tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA), human chorionic gonadotropin (hCGbeta) and tumour-associated trypsin inhibitor (TATI) as indicators of chemotherapy response was ..
- Serum tumor markers in breast cancer: are they of clinical value?Michael J Duffy
Department of Nuclear Medicine, St Vincent s University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Clin Chem 52:345-51. 2006..29 (CA27.29), carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), tissue polypeptide antigen, tissue polypeptide specific antigen, and HER-2 (the extracellular domain), the most widely used are CA ..
- Monitoring palliative chemotherapy in advanced gastrointestinal cancer using serial tissue polypeptide specific antigen (TPS) measurementsB Glimelius
Department of Oncology, Uppsala University, Sweden
Acta Oncol 35:141-8. 1996b>Tissue polypeptide antigen specific (TPS) was analysed in serum taken prior to chemotherapy in 90 patients with advanced gastrointestinal cancer and prior to every treatment course in 68 of these patients in order to explore whether ..
- Preoperative tumor markers as prognostic factors of colorectal liver metastasesV Treska
Department of Surgery, University Hospital and Medical Faculty in Pilsen, Czech Republic
Hepatogastroenterology 56:317-20. 2009..To assess the significance of preoperative tumor marker levels for disease free interval (DFI) and patient survival (PS) after liver surgery...
- Evaluation of a new tumour marker in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer: Cyfra 21.1A van der Gaast
Department of Medical Oncology, University Hospital Rotterdam Dijkzigt, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 69:525-8. 1994..it with three other markers: carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), squamous cell carcinoma antigen (SCC) and tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA). Sensitivities for Cyfra 21...
- Potentially useful biomarkers for the diagnosis, treatment and prognosis of lung cancerWilliam Chi Shing Cho
Department of Clinical Oncology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Room 1305, 13 F, Block R, 30 Gascoigne Road, Hong Kong
Biomed Pharmacother 61:515-9. 2007..Highly elevated concentrations of cytokeratin 19 fragment, tissue polypeptide antigen and squamous cell carcinoma antigen in non-small cell lung cancer particularly for squamous cell ..
- A new cell line (8701-BC) from primary ductal infiltrating carcinoma of human breastS Minafra
Istituto di Istologia ed Embriologia, , Italy
Br J Cancer 60:185-92. 1989..positive staining of all cells with the specific epithelial cell markers carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) and cytokeratin 8...
- Plasma levels of D-dimer in lung carcinoma: clinical and prognostic significanceGianfranco Buccheri
Unit of Respiratory Medicine, Hospital S Croce e Carle, Cuneo, Italy
Cancer 97:3044-52. 2003..The activation of the clotting-fibrinolytic system in cancer patients is common and represents an unfavorable clinical sign. D-dimer (DD) is a sensitive marker of fibrinolysis...
- Serum tumour markers in human prostatic carcinoma. The value of a marker panel for prognostic informationP Ekman
Department of Urology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Oncol 30:173-5. 1991..prostate specific antigen (PSA), neopterin, osteocalcin, thymidine kinase, C-reactive protein, and of tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA)...
- Serum tumour markers in carcinoma of the uterine cervix and outcome following radiotherapyA R Sproston
Cancer Research Campaign Department of Experimental Radiation Oncology, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Manchester, UK
Br J Cancer 72:1536-40. 1995..The markers studied were carcinoma antigen 125 (CA125), squamous cell carcinoma antigen (SCC) and tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA). The levels of all three markers increased with disease stage...
- Concomitant analysis of salivary tumor markers--a new diagnostic tool for oral cancerRafael Nagler
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical and Oral Biochemistry Laboratory, Rambam Medical Center and Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Israel Institute of Technology Technion, Haifa, Israel
Clin Cancer Res 12:3979-84. 2006..The purpose of the current study was to examine tumor markers in the saliva of OSCC patients...
- Clinical utility of biochemical markers in colorectal cancer: European Group on Tumour Markers (EGTM) guidelinesM J Duffy
Department of Surgery, Conway Institute of Biomolecular and Biomedical Research, University College Dublin 4 and Nuclear Medicine, St Vincent s University Hospital, 4, Dublin, Ireland
Eur J Cancer 39:718-27. 2003..the use of any available serum markers such as carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), CA 19-9, CA 242, CA 72-4, tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) or tissue polypeptide-specific antigen (TPS) for the early detection of CRC...
- [Circulating proteinic biomarkers and breast cancer]C Mathelin
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, CHRU de Strasbourg, 1, Place de l Hopital, 67091 Strasbourg Cedex, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 34:638-46. 2006..They are useful for general disease follow-up. Other circulating markers belonging to keratins (tissue polypeptide antigen, TPA, TPS or Cyfra 21.1) are correlated with proliferative activity of breast tumors...
- An unusual presentation of metastatic gastric adenocarcinoma--acute onset of right neck swellingKuan Ting Liu
Department of Emergency Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 106:589-91. 2007..Elevated serum tissue polypeptide antigen and CA130 were noted, and multiple liver metastases were found by another computed tomography...
- Are laboratory investigations recommended in current medical practice guidelines supported by available evidence?Joseph Watine
Laboratoire de biologie polyvalente, Hĵpital Général, Rodez, France
Clin Chem Lab Med 40:252-5. 2002..Most, if not all of these discrepancies in the current medical practice guidelines might have been avoided had an EBLM approach been used by the authors...
- Establishment and characterization of a cell line from a human cholangiocellular carcinomaY Kusaka
Division of Pathology, Cancer Institute of Okayama University Medical School, Okayama, Japan
Res Exp Med (Berl) 188:367-75. 1988..ALP), gamma glutamyltranspeptidase (GGT), beta 2-microglobulin (BMG), ferritin, elastase-1, and tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA)...
- Establishment and characterization of a new human extrahepatic bile duct carcinoma cell line (KMBC)H Yano
First Department of Pathology, Kurume University School of Medicine, Japan
Cancer 69:1664-73. 1992..KMBC cells secreted carbohydrate antigen 19-9, tissue polypeptide antigen, carcinoembryonic antigen, ferritin, beta 2-microglobulin, fibronectin, and alpha 2-macroglobulin and ..
- [Establishment and characterization of a human cholangiocellular carcinoma cell line]Y Kusaka
Division of Pathology, Cancer Institute, Medical School, Okayama University
Hum Cell 1:92-4. 1988..ALP), gamma glutamyltranspeptidase (GGT), beta 2-microglobulin (BMG), ferritin, elastase-1 and tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA)...
- Measurement of tumor load and distribution in a model of cancer-induced osteolysis: a necessary precaution when testing novel anti-resorptive therapiesR Nic Amhlaoibh
Nordic Bioscience A S, Herlev, Denmark
Clin Exp Metastasis 21:65-74. 2004..In untreated mice, measurements of tumour burden in bone extracts using human cytokeratin-associated tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) ELISA or E...
- Biomarkers for the clinical management of breast cancer: international perspectiveNeill Patani
The breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Center, The Institute of Cancer Research, London, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 133:1-13. 2013....
- Establishment of a new human cell line (EN) with TP53 mutation derived from endometrial carcinomaKeiichi Isaka
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tokyo Medical University, 6 7 1 Nishishinjuku Shinjuku 160 0023, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 141:20-5. 2003..Cultured EN cells produced tissue polypeptide antigen. Genetic and molecular analyses revealed high telomerase activity and estrogen receptor beta but not ..
- Clinical use of tumor markers in childhood malignanciesPekka Labdenne
Ann Med 34:316-23. 2002..The non-specificity of several markers, such as tissue polypeptide antigen and sialic acid, greatly hampers their clinical use...
- [Thrombolytic treatment of acute stroke]H Amiri
Neurologische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 400, 69120, Heidelberg
Internist (Berl) 52:1310, 1312-6. 2011..Acute basilar artery occlusion should be treated in specialized centres using intra-arterial application of urokinase, rt-PA or mechanical recanalization but intravenous thrombolysis beyond the 3 h window is an acceptable alternative...
- Evaluation of predictive markers for patients with advanced colorectal cancerPer Bystrom
Department of Oncology and Pathology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Oncol 51:849-59. 2012....
- Intracystic evaluation of tumor markers in benign and malignant ovarian pathologyP L Cherchi
Department of Pharmacology, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University of Sassari, Italy
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 23:163-5. 2002..3, tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA), CA 19.9 and the carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA).
- Tumor markers in serum of patients with primary squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagusM Gion
Division of Radiotherapy, Regional General Hospital, USSL, Venice, Italy
Tumori 75:489-93. 1989....
- Tissue polypeptide-specific antigen (TPS) in monitoring palliative treatment response of patients with gastrointestinal tumoursG Kornek
Department of Internal Medicine I, Vienna University Medical School, Austria
Br J Cancer 71:182-5. 1995..proliferation marker, tissue polypeptide-specific antigen (TPS), representing the specific epitope M3 of tissue polypeptide antigen, and three conventional biochemical markers, CEA, CA 19-9 and CA-195, were analysed in 69 patients with ..
- The association of preoperative serum tumour markers with Dukes' stage and survival in colorectal cancerG Lindmark
Department of Surgery, Akademiska sjukhuset, Uppsala, Sweden
Br J Cancer 71:1090-4. 1995The tumour markers carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA), TPS, CA 19-9, CA 50 and CA 242 were analysed in serum from 203 potentially curable colorectal cancer patients...
- Tumor markers in pleural effusionsO Topolcan
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Charles University, Medical School and Teaching Hospital Plzen, Czech Republic
Anticancer Res 27:1921-4. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine the diagnostic capabilities of tumor markers in pleural effusion and their importance for assessment of the etiology of pleural effusions...
- Tumor markers as useful predictors of survival rate after exploratory laparotomy for liver malignanciesV Liska
Departments of Surgery, University Hospital in Pilsen, Czech Republic
Anticancer Res 27:1887-91. 2007..The aim of this study was to demonstrate the behaviour of malignancy in patients who have not undergone surgical therapy and to study serum levels of the monitored tumor markers in relation to the life expectancy of these patients...
- Serum tissue polypeptide antigen correlating with clinical course in a patient with mycosis fungoides: a potential disease marker?S C S Hu
Br J Dermatol 157:423-5. 2007
- Serum tumor markers for detection of bone metastasis in breast cancer patientsA Aydiner
Dept. of Medical Oncology, Istanbul Faculty of Medicine, Turkey
Acta Oncol 33:181-6. 1994..125), alpha-fetoprotein (AFP), carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), beta-2 microglobulin (BMG), ferritin, and tissue polypeptide antigen (determined by the M3 monoclonal antibody, TPS) were measured in 22 patients with known bone metastases ..
- Effect of weight change and metformin on fibrinolysis and the von Willebrand factor in obese nondiabetic subjects: the BIGPRO1 Study. Biguanides and the Prevention of the Risk of ObesityM A Charles
INSERM National Institute of Health and Medical Research Unit 21, Villejuif, France
Diabetes Care 21:1967-72. 1998..5 kg/m2...
- [Cytokeratin tumor markers in ovarian carcinoma: tissue polypeptide specific antigen (TPS) and M3/M21]L Hefler
Klinische Abteilung für Gynäkologie und Geburtshilfe, Universitatsklinik fur Frauenheilkunde, Wien
Wien Klin Wochenschr 110:635-41. 1998..M3/M21, while obviously not suitable for screening or differential diagnosis of adnexal masses, could be useful as an additional prognostic factor. M3/M21 and TPS are valuable tumor markers in the follow-up of ovarian cancer patients...
- Diagnostic value of tissue polypeptide-specific antigen (TPS) in neuroblastoma and Wilms' tumourW Rebhandl
Division of Paediatric Surgery, University of Vienna Medical School, Austria
Br J Cancer 78:1503-6. 1998..Serum TPS measurements in children presenting with abdominal masses can help in diagnosing the two commonest extracranial solid malignancies of childhood. Furthermore, TPS could acquire a pivotal role in monitoring therapy...
- Soluble interleukin 2 receptor (sIL2R) in monitoring advanced lung cancer during chemotherapyG Brunetti
Department of Internal Medicine, Salvatore Maugeri Foundation, Pavia, Italy
Lung Cancer 23:1-9. 1999..To evaluate the usefulness of measuring sIL2R for diagnostic and prognostic purposes and for monitoring disease during a 6-month period of chemotherapy, and to investigate the clinical significance of sIL2R serum concentrations...
- Novel biomarkers in autoimmune diseases: prolactin, ferritin, vitamin D, and TPA levels in autoimmune diseasesHedi Orbach
Department of Medicine B, Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1109:385-400. 2007..Prolactin (PRL), ferritin, vitamin D, and the tumor marker tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) were measured in autoimmune diseases: systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), systemic sclerosis (SSc),..
- Heating of carbon dioxide during insufflation alters the peritoneal fibrinolytic response to laparoscopic surgery : A clinical trialW J A Brokelman
Department of Surgery, Alysis Zorggroep, locatie Rijnstate, Wagnerlaan 55, 6815, AD, Arnhem, The Netherlands
Surg Endosc 22:1232-6. 2008..The current study was performed to elucidate the effects of the temperature of insufflation gas on the peritoneal fibrinolytic response to laparoscopic surgery...
- Tumour biomarkers in heart failure: is there a role for CA-125?Mehmet Birhan Yilmaz
Department of Cardiology, Cumhuriyet University School of Medicine, Sivas, Turkey
Eur J Heart Fail 13:579-83. 2011..These include CA-125, CA 15-3, CA 19-9, carcinoembryonic antigen, alpha-feto protein, tissue polypeptide antigen, tissue polypeptide specific antigen, cytokeratin 19 fragment, and chromogranins...
- [Clinical utility of serum tumor markers in lung cancer]Xiao Zhao
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Zhongguo Fei Ai Za Zhi 14:286-91. 2011..including neuron-specific enolase (NSE), pro-gastrin-releasing peptide (ProGRP), cytokeratin 19 fragments (Cyfra 21-1), tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA), squamous cell carcinoma associated antigen (SCC-Ag), carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA).
- Intensive risk-adjusted follow-up with the CEA, TPA, CA19.9, and CA72.4 tumor marker panel and abdominal ultrasonography to diagnose operable colorectal cancer recurrences: effect on survivalAndrea Nicolini
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Italy
Arch Surg 145:1177-83. 2010..Intensive risk-adjusted follow-up leads to improved resectability of tumor recurrences and better overall survival among patients who have undergone surgery for colorectal cancer...
- Proteomic assays for the detection of urothelial cancerKris E Gaston
Department of Urology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit1373, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Methods Mol Biol 641:303-23. 2010..protein 22, BLCA-4, hyaluronic acid, hyaluronidase, cytokeratin 8, cytokeratin 18, cytokeratin 19, tissue polypeptide antigen, and tissue polypeptide-specific antigen...
- The peritoneal fibrinolytic response to conventional and laparoscopic colonic surgeryWalter Brokelman
Department of Surgery, Alysis Zorggroep, locatie Rijnstate, Graaf Lodewijkstraat 1546 6, Arnhem, The Netherlands
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 19:489-93. 2009..The peritoneal plasmin system is important in the processes of peritoneal healing and adhesion formation. The present study assessed the peritoneal fibrinolytic response to laparoscopic and conventional colonic surgery...
- Biliary cystadenocarcinoma of the liver. A clinicopathologic and histochemical evaluation of nine casesT Nakajima
Department of Surgical Pathology, Ichihara Hospital, Teikyo University, School of Medicine, Japan
Cancer 69:2426-32. 1992..histochemical and immunohistochemical approaches, positive reactions with carcinoembryonic antigen, tissue polypeptide antigen, carbohydrate 19-9, and Dupan-2 and the predominance of sialomucin were observed in most cases of ..
- New frontiers in ovarian cancer diagnosis and managementH R Barber
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY 10021
Yale J Biol Med 64:127-41. 1991..The expanding areas of research in cancer are starting to dispel the doom and gloom of the last three decades with a spirit of optimism for the diagnosis and treatment of ovarian cancer, as the new century approaches...
- Immunohistochemical localization of placental proteins and tumor-associated antigens in endometrial cancer and endometrial hyperplasiaT Ikarashi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Niigata University School of Medicine
Nippon Sanka Fujinka Gakkai Zasshi 39:1634-40. 1987..protein A (PAPP-A), pregnancy-specific beta 1-glycoprotein (SP1), alpha 1-anti-trypsin (alpha-AT), and tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA)...
- Immunotherapy prolongs the serum CEA-TPA-CA15.3 lead time at the metastatic progression in endocrine-dependent breast cancer patients: a retrospective longitudinal studyA Nicolini
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Via Roma 67, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Cancer Lett 263:122-9. 2008..05). The CEA-TPA-CA15.3 tumour marker panel accurately predicted metastatic disease progression and immunotherapy significantly prolonged the CEA-TPA-CA15.3 lead time. This can be used for anticipating salvage treatment in these patients...
- [An immunohistochemical study on primary carcinoma of the liver]J K Seo
Department of Surgery, Kosin Medical College, Pusan, Korea
J UOEH 11:429-39. 1989..by means of the ABC method for carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), epithelial membrane antigen (EMA), tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) and keratin...
- Late breast cancer recurrence to the uterine cervix with a review of the literatureNatalina Manci
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Int J Gynecol Pathol 27:113-7. 2008..The adoption of colposcopy in cancer survivors might be an aid to gynecologists in diagnosing cancer recurrence. Cancer survivors might benefit from a more thorough gynecologic examination as compared with the simple Papanicolaou test...
- [Diagnostic value of the tumor markers TPA-M, CYPFRA 21-1 and CEA in pleural effusion. Prospective comparison of thoracoscopic investigations in patients with pleural effusion]U Riedel
Pneumologische Abt. II, Lungenklinik Heckeshorn, Berlin
Pneumologie 53:471-6. 1999..CYFRA 21-1 (Cytokeratin 19-Fragment) and TPA-M, a new monoclonal-based radioimmunoassay for TPA (Tissue Polypeptide Antigen), were measured in pleural fluid and sera of 125 consecutive patients who underwent medical thoracoscopy...
- An evaluation of tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) in the two bronchoalveolar lavage fractions of lung cancer patientsC Prados
Service of Pneumology, Hospital of La Paz, University of Autónoma, Madrid, Spain
Jpn J Clin Oncol 30:215-20. 2000..markers for the follow-up, treatment monitoring and prognosis evaluation of lung cancer and among these, tissue polypeptide antigen (TPA) plays an important role...
- Modified nucleosides: an accurate tumour marker for clinical diagnosis of cancer, early detection and therapy controlA Seidel
Institute of Hygiene, Faculty of Medicine, University of Leipzig, Liebigstrasse 27, D 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Br J Cancer 94:1726-33. 2006..The comparison with carcinoembryonic antigen, cancer antigen 15-3 und tissue polypeptide antigen indicates that urinary nucleosides may be useful tumour markers...