Genomes and Genes
Summary: A peptide which is a homopolymer of lysine.
Publications233 found, 100 shown here
- Exploring polyethylenimine-mediated DNA transfection and the proton sponge hypothesisAkin Akinc
Department of Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
J Gene Med 7:657-63. 2005..According to the proton sponge hypothesis, the buffering capacity of PEI leads to osmotic swelling and rupture of endosomes, resulting in the release of the vector into the cytoplasm...
- Synthetic double-stranded RNA induces innate immune responses similar to a live viral vaccine in humansMarina Caskey
Laboratory of Cellular Physiology and Immunology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Exp Med 208:2357-66. 2011..Therefore, a chemically defined PRR agonist like poly ICLC can be a reliable and authentic microbial mimic for inducing innate immune responses in humans...
- Poly(L-lysine)-modified iron oxide nanoparticles for stem cell labelingMichal Babic
Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry, v v i, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Heyrovsky Sq 2, 162 06 Prague 6, Czech Republic
Bioconjug Chem 19:740-50. 2008..In comparison with Endorem, nanoparticles modified with PLL of an optimum molecular weight demonstrated a higher efficiency of intracellular uptake by MSC cells...
- Effect of human stem cells labeled with ferumoxides-poly-L-lysine on hematologic and biochemical measurements in ratsGene T Yocum
Experimental Neuroimaging Section, Laboratory of Diagnostic Radiology Research, Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Radiology 235:547-52. 2005....
- DNA and polylysine adsorption and multilayer construction onto cationic lipid-coated microbubblesMark A Borden
Biomedical Engineering Department, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
Langmuir 23:9401-8. 2007..These results suggest that the surface can be compartmentalized to make multifunctional, high-payload ultrasound contrast agents for targeted gene therapy...
- Preparation of catalytically active, covalent α-polylysine-enzyme conjugates via UV/vis-quantifiable bis-aryl hydrazone bond formationAndrea Grotzky
Department of Materials, ETH Zürich, Wolfgang Pauli Strasse 10, CH 8093 Zürich, Switzerland
Biomacromolecules 12:134-44. 2011..Thus, not only a mild and efficient preparation and convenient quantification of a conjugate between the polycationic α-polylysine and enzymes could be shown, but also the complete preservation of the enzymatic activity.
- Characterization of biophysical and metabolic properties of cells labeled with superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles and transfection agent for cellular MR imagingAli S Arbab
Experimental Neuroimaging Section, Laboratory of Diagnostic Radiology Research, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Dr, Rm B1N256, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Radiology 229:838-46. 2003..To evaluate the effect of using the ferumoxides-poly-l-lysine (PLL) complex for magnetic cell labeling on the long-term viability, function, metabolism, and iron utilization of mammalian cells...
- Poly-L-Lysine induces fibrosis on alginate microcapsules via the induction of cytokinesB L Strand
Department of Biotechnology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim
Cell Transplant 10:263-75. 2001..By combining soluble PLL and alginate both the toxic and TNF-inducing effects of PLL were reduced. The implications of these data are to use alginate microcapsules with low amounts of PLL for transplantation purposes...
- Safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of SPL7013 gel (VivaGel): a dose ranging, phase I studyJohn O'Loughlin
Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
Sex Transm Dis 37:100-4. 2010..To evaluate safety, tolerability and systemic pharmacokinetics of escalating doses of SPL7013 Gel in healthy women...
- Kinetically different populations of O-pyromellityl-gramicidin channels induced by poly-L-lysines in lipid bilayersA V Krylov
A N Belozersky Institute of Physico Chemical Biology and Department of Polymer Sciences, School of Chemistry, Moscow State University, Moscow 119899, Russia
J Membr Biol 189:119-30. 2002..As found in our previous work, the interaction of polylysine with OPg led to the deceleration of the OPg photoinactivation kinetics, i.e...
- Conformation and assembly of polypeptide scaffolds in templating the synthesis of silica: an example of a polylysine macromolecular "switch"Siddharth V Patwardhan
Department of Chemical and Material Engineering, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45221 0012, USA
Biomacromolecules 7:491-7. 2006..hexagonal plates was suggested, via circular dichroic spectroscopy (CD), to result from the assembly of helical polylysine molecules. We confirm that the formation of PLL helices is a prerequisite to the hexagonal silica synthesis...
- Interaction and transport of poly(L-lysine) dendrigrafts through liposomal and cellular membranes: the role of generation and surface functionalizationIoannis Tsogas
Institute of Physical Chemistry, NCSR Demokritos, 15310 Aghia Paraskevi, Attiki, Greece
Biomacromolecules 8:3263-70. 2007..The efficiency of dendrigraft internalization was enhanced by the presence of the guanidinium groups, while DGLs were preferentially localized in the nucleus and nuclear membrane, as revealed by fluorescence microscopy...
- Novel high-resolution micropatterning for neuron culture using polylysine adsorption on a cell repellant, plasma-polymerized backgroundWesley C Chang
Department of Ophthalmology and Phsiology, Neuroscience and Bioengineering Programs, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Langmuir 24:13048-57. 2008..this process exploits the often-overlooked tendency for the surface of this PEO-like material to adsorb polylysine from aqueous solution while remaining nonfouling with respect to other species, such as bovine serum albumin (..
- Improvement of the biocompatibility of alginate/poly-L-lysine/alginate microcapsules by the use of epimerized alginate as a coatingAileen King
Department of Medical Cell Biology, Uppsala University, Box 571, Biomedical Centre, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
J Biomed Mater Res A 64:533-9. 2003..In conclusion, the use of an epimerized coating on alginate-PLL-alginate can improve the biocompatibility of such capsules but still cannot completely eliminate the detrimental effects of PLL on the biocompatibility of the capsules...
- PEG grafted polylysine with fusogenic peptide for gene delivery: high transfection efficiency with low cytotoxicityHaeshin Lee
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 373 1 Kusong Dong, Yusong gu, 305 701, Taejon, South Korea
J Control Release 79:283-91. 2002..This suggests that maintaining the size of DNA/polymer complexes after KALA coating plays an important role in gene transfection. KALA/DNA/PEG-g-PLL complexes exhibited lower cytotoxicity compared with other polymer/DNA complexes...
- Gene transfer into human hepatoma cells by receptor-associated protein/polylysine conjugatesTae Gyun Kim
Department of Pharmacology, National Institute of Toxicological Research, Korea Food and Drug Administration, Seoul 122 704, Republic of Korea
Bioconjug Chem 15:326-32. 2004..reamplified by using a primer containing a cysteine codon at its carboxyl end to facilitate its conjugation to polylysine (polyK)...
- Alginate-polylysine-alginate microcapsules: effect of size reduction on capsule propertiesB L Strand
Department of Biotechnology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, 7491 Trondheim, Norway
J Microencapsul 19:615-30. 2002Alginate-polylysine-alginate capsules containing insulin-producing cells have been used as a bio-artificial pancreas in the treatment of diabetes mellitus...
- Pegylation of a chlorin(e6) polymer conjugate increases tumor targeting of photosensitizerM R Hamblin
Wellman Laboratories of Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Cancer Res 61:7155-62. 2001..Taken together, these results suggest that pegylation of a polymer-photosensitizer conjugate improves tumor-targeting and may increase the efficacy of photodynamic therapy for ovarian cancer...
- Chain-length dependence of alpha-helix to beta-sheet transition in polylysine: model of protein aggregation studied by temperature-tuned FTIR spectroscopyWojciech Dzwolak
High Pressure Research Center, Polish Academy of Sciences, Sokolowska 29 37, 01 142 Warsaw, Poland
Biopolymers 73:463-9. 2004..Namely, the chains are arranged in an antiparallel manner because of energetically favored antiparallel pre-assembly of dipolar alpha helices...
- Evaluation on the use of reactive dye-modified polylysine as the biomarker in immunochromatographic test applicationWei Feng Chang
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung 402, Taiwan
Anal Biochem 411:236-40. 2011An improved dye immunochromatographic test (DICT) using polylysine (PL) as conjugate spacer loading dye molecules to enhance chromophor color intensity with the potential of a simultaneous multicolored assay has been developed...
- Biodegradability of synthetic branched polypeptide with poly(L-lysine) backboneF Hudecz
, , Budapest
Biol Chem Hoppe Seyler 370:1019-26. 1989..The degradation is significantly retarded as compared to that of alpha- or epsilon-polylysine. A mechanism of degradation is suggested based on the experimental results.
- Nuclear entry of hyperbranched polylysine nanoparticles into cochlear cellsWeikai Zhang
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Tampere, Medical School, Finland
Int J Nanomedicine 6:535-46. 2011..This study aimed to investigate the potential nuclear entry of hyperbranched polylysine nanoparticles (HPNPs) for gene delivery to cochlear targets.
- Protease-mediated phototoxicity of a polylysine-chlorin(E6) conjugateYongdoo Choi
Center for Molecular Imaging Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, 149 13th Street, Room 5406, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
ChemMedChem 1:698-701. 2006
- Oligonucleotide probes containing polylysine residues for fabrication of DNA chips on various solid surfacesAsya Levina
Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine, Novosibirsk, Russia
Biotechnol J 2:879-85. 2007..technique for DNA chips preparation on various unmodified surfaces using one type of oligonucleotide derivative, polylysine-oligonucleotide conjugates (PL-oligo)...
- The impact of DNA topology on polyplex uptake and transfection efficiency in mammalian cellsArjun Dhanoya
The Advanced Centre for Biochemical Engineering, University College London, Torrington Place, London, UK
J Biotechnol 155:377-86. 2011..6%. Collectively these findings emphasize the importance of pDNA topology when complexed with PLL for gene delivery with the SC-form being a key pre-requisite...
- Reconfiguring polylysine architectures for controlling polyplex binding and non-viral transfectionSangram S Parelkar
Polymer Science and Engineering Department, University of Massachusetts, 120 Governors Drive, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Biomaterials 32:2432-44. 2011..We find that reconfiguring polylysine into short oligolysine grafts, strung from a hydrophobic polymer backbone, gives transfection reagents greatly ..
- Targeted imaging of activated caspase-3 in the central nervous system by a dual functional nano-deviceYang Liu
Key Laboratory of Smart Drug Delivery, Ministry of Education and PLA, Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, 826 Zhangheng Road, Shanghai 201203, PR China
J Control Release 163:203-10. 2012..Taken together, our nano-device would help to image activated caspase-3 in vivo and hold great promise in early diagnosis of neurodegenerative diseases...
- Inhibition of epsilon-poly-L-lysine biosynthesis in Streptomycetaceae bacteria by short-chain polyolsMasanobu Nishikawa
Research Institute for Biological Sciences Okayama RIBS Okayama, 7549 1 Kibichuo cho, Okayama 716 1241, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:2306-12. 2006..Taken together, these results indicate that ePL synthesis is inhibited by polyols via esterification and that ePL elongation occurs via the incorporation of lysine monomers into the carboxyl terminus of ePL...
- Cationic antimicrobial (ε-polylysine)-anionic polysaccharide (pectin) interactions: influence of polymer charge on physical stability and antimicrobial efficacyYuhua Chang
Department of Food Science, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts 01003, United States
J Agric Food Chem 60:1837-44. 2012The cationic biopolymer ε-polylysine (ε-PL) is a potent food-grade antimicrobial that is highly effective against a range of food pathogens and spoilage organisms...
- The natural antimicrobial peptide subtilosin acts synergistically with glycerol monolaurate, lauric arginate, and ε-poly-L-lysine against bacterial vaginosis-associated pathogens but not human lactobacilliKatia Sutyak Noll
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56:1756-61. 2012..This is the first report on the effects of subtilosin combined with other natural antimicrobials against G. vaginalis...
- On the kinetics of polyplex endocytic trafficking: implications for gene delivery vector designM Laird Forrest
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Illinois, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Mol Ther 6:57-66. 2002..Additionally, PEI does not appear to buffer endocytic compartments, but requires exposure to an acidic environment for efficient gene delivery...
- Evaluation of dendrimer SPL7013, a lead microbicide candidate against herpes simplex virusesEdwin Gong
Viridae Clinical Sciences Inc, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Antiviral Res 68:139-46. 2005..The 50% cytotoxic concentrations (CC(50)) in all cases were greater than 10,000 microg/ml. Our data indicate that SPL7013 is a promising candidate for development as a vaginal microbicide and a therapeutic agent...
- Polylysine-coated mica can be used to observe systematic changes in the supercoiled DNA conformation by scanning force microscopy in solutionMalte Bussiek
German Cancer Research Center, Department of Biophysics of Macromolecules, Im Neuenheimer Feld 580, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 31:e137. 2003The conformations of supercoiled (sc) DNA and linear DNA bound to polylysine (PL)-coated mica were investigated by scanning force microscopy (SFM) in solution...
- A randomized controlled trial of the safety of candidate microbicide SPL7013 gel when applied to the penisMarcus Y Chen
Melbourne Sexual Health Centre, The Alfred Hospital, and School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 50:375-80. 2009..To determine the safety of the candidate vaginal microbicide SPL7013 gel (VivaGel) when applied to the penis...
- Synthesis, characterization and transfection of a novel folate-targeted multipolymeric nanoparticles for gene deliveryYu Nie
National Engineering Research Center in Biomaterials, Sichuan University, No 29, Wangjiang Road, Chengdu, Sichuan, 610041, People s Republic of China
J Mater Sci Mater Med 20:1849-57. 2009..Fluorescein sodium and polylysine-condensed DNA (PD) were encapsulated in both PELGA nanoparticles (PELGA-NPs) and folate modified nanoparticles (..
- Polylysine and polyornithine gene transfer complexes: a study of complex stability and cellular uptake as a basis for their differential in-vitro transfection efficiencyE Ramsay
Welsh School of Pharmacy, Cardiff University, UK
J Drug Target 10:1-9. 2002..plasmid DNA (pDNA) have demonstrated superior transfection efficiency (up to x 10-fold) compared to equivalent polylysine-based systems in-vitro. The mechanism(s) underlying this observation remains to be elucidated...
- A modified microstamping technique enhances polylysine transfer and neuronal cell patterningJohn C Chang
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Beckman Institute, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 405 N Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Biomaterials 24:2863-70. 2003..Therefore, we hypothesized that stamp surface modification (termed here a release layer) can enhance polylysine transfer and benefit cell growth on microstamped substrates...
- VivaGel (SPL7013 Gel): a candidate dendrimer--microbicide for the prevention of HIV and HSV infectionRichard Rupp
Sealy Center for Vaccine Development and Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 1119, USA
Int J Nanomedicine 2:561-6. 2007..VivaGel appears to be well tolerated in both animals and humans. This review summarizes the studies of VivaGel and its active ingredient, SPL7013...
- PEGylation of polylysine dendrimers improves absorption and lymphatic targeting following SC administration in ratsLisa M Kaminskas
Drug Delivery, Disposition and Dynamics, Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University Parkville Campus 381 Royal Pde, Parkville, VIC 3052, Australia
J Control Release 140:108-16. 2009b>Polylysine dendrimers have potential as highly flexible, biodegradable nanoparticular carriers that may also promote lymphatic transport...
- Enhancement of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 replication is not intrinsic to all polyanion-based microbicidesSecondo Sonza
Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:3565-8. 2009..The enhancement effect is likely to be a function of the assay conditions and is not an intrinsic property of these polyanions...
- Determination of dendrigraft poly-L-lysine diffusion coefficients by taylor dispersion analysisHerve Cottet
Institut des Biomolecules Max Mousseron IBMM, UMR 5247 CNRS Universite de Montpellier 1 Universite de Montpellier 2, place Eugène Bataillon CC 017, 34095, Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Biomacromolecules 8:3235-43. 2007....
- Potential novel drug carriers for inner ear treatment: hyperbranched polylysine and lipid nanocapsulesVerena Scheper
Department of Otolaryngology, Medical University Hannover, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Nanomedicine (Lond) 4:623-35. 2009Treatment of sensorineural hearing loss could be advanced using novel drug carriers such as hyperbranched polylysine (HBPL) or lipid nanocapsules (LNCs)...
- Physicochemical properties and antimicrobial efficacy of electrostatic complexes based on cationic ε-polylysine and anionic pectinYuhua Chang
Department of Food Science, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts 01003, USA
J Agric Food Chem 59:6776-82. 2011b>Polylysine (ε-PL) is a food-grade cationic antimicrobial that is highly effective against a wide range of food pathogens and spoilage organisms...
- Characterization of interpolyelectrolyte complexes between double-stranded DNA and polylysine comb-type copolymers having hydrophilic side chainsA Maruyama
Department of Biomolecular Engineering, Faculty of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Midori, Yokohama, Japan
Bioconjug Chem 9:292-9. 1998....
- A multi-institution phase II study of poly-ICLC and radiotherapy with concurrent and adjuvant temozolomide in adults with newly diagnosed glioblastomaMyrna R Rosenfeld
Department of Neurology, 3 W Gates, University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neuro Oncol 12:1071-7. 2010..Survival data at 12 and 18 months suggest that this may improve the efficacy of chemoradiation and adjuvant TMZ in this patient population...
- Polylysine-modified PEG-based hydrogels to enhance the neuro-electrode interfaceShreyas S Rao
William G Lowrie Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, The Ohio State University, 140 W 19th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 22:611-25. 2011..In particular, polylysine-modified PEG-based hydrogels were synthesized, characterized and shown to promote neural adhesion using a PC12 ..
- DNA strand exchange stimulated by spontaneous complex formation with cationic comb-type copolymerWon Jong Kim
Department of Biomolecular Engineering, Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, and PRESTO, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, Midori, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 124:12676-7. 2002..CCCs stabilize not only matured hybrids but also the nucleation complex to accelerate hybridization...
- Mechanistic differences in DNA nanoparticle formation in the presence of oligolysines and poly-L-lysineIrina Nayvelt
Department of Medicine, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08903, USA
Biomacromolecules 8:477-84. 2007..The DNA melting temperature increased with oligolysine concentration. These results indicate distinct differences in the mechanism(s) by which oligolysines and PLL provoke DNA condensation to nanoparticles...
- Preclinical safety and efficacy assessments of dendrimer-based (SPL7013) microbicide gel formulations in a nonhuman primate modelD L Patton
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Box 356460, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 6460, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:1696-700. 2006..However, a single intravaginal application of the 3% (wt/wt) SPL7013 gel did not provide protection from the acquisition of cervical chlamydial infection...
- Double modification of adenovirus fiber with RGD and polylysine motifs improves coxsackievirus-adenovirus receptor-independent gene transfer efficiencyHongju Wu
Division of Human Gene Therapy, Department of Medicine, Gene Therapy Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 2172, USA
Hum Gene Ther 13:1647-53. 2002..Two motifs, RGD and polylysine (pK7), have been shown to enhance Ad5 infection via CAR-independent pathways when incorporated into fiber ..
- Cell surface nucleolin serves as receptor for DNA nanoparticles composed of pegylated polylysine and DNAXuguang Chen
Department of Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Mol Ther 16:333-42. 2008..Therefore, the data strongly suggest that cell surface nucleolin serves as a receptor for DNA nanoparticles, and that nucleolin is essential for internalization and/or transport of the nanoparticles from cell surface to the nucleus...
- Microencapsulation of cells producing therapeutic proteins: optimizing cell growth and secretionAnne Mari Rokstad
Institute of Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim
Cell Transplant 11:313-24. 2002....
- Alginate-PLL microencapsulation: effect on the differentiation of embryonic stem cells into hepatocytesTim Maguire
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Biotechnol Bioeng 93:581-91. 2006..This system may ultimately assist in developing scalable stem cell differentiation strategies...
- Spectroscopic investigation of cationic comb-type copolymers/DNA interaction: interpolyelectrolyte complex enhancement synchronized with DNA hybridizationYuichi Sato
Precursory Research for Embryonic Science and Technology PRESTO and Core Research for Evolutional Science and Technology CREST, Japan Science and Technology Agency, 4 1 8 Honcho, Kawaguchi, Saitama 332 0012, Japan
Langmuir 23:65-9. 2007..The IPEC formation of CCCs with DNA, however, seems highly sensitive to the coil-helix transition of the DNA...
- In vitro study of alginate-chitosan microcapsules: an alternative to liver cell transplants for the treatment of liver failureTasima Haque
Biomedical Technology and Cell Therapy Research Laboratory, Department of Biomedical Engineering and Organs Research Center, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, 3775 University Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 2B4
Biotechnol Lett 27:317-22. 2005..The AC microcapsule has several advantages compared to more widely used alginate-poly-L-lysine (APA) microcapsules for the application of cell therapy...
- Investigation of a new microcapsule membrane combining alginate, chitosan, polyethylene glycol and poly-L-lysine for cell transplantation applicationsT Haque
Biomedical Technology and Cell Therapy Research Laboratory, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Int J Artif Organs 28:631-7. 2005..The study demonstrated that the new membrane can be used for cell entrapment. However, further investigations are needed to assess its potential for long term transplantation and usage in the development of bioartificial organs...
- Inhibition of lipases by epsilon-polylysineTakahiro Tsujita
Central Research Laboratory, School of Medicine, Ehime University, Shigenobu, Onsen gun, Ehime 791 0295, Japan
J Lipid Res 44:2278-86. 2003Oral administration of epsilon-polylysine to rats reduced the peak plasma triacylglycerol concentration...
- Double genetic modification of adenovirus fiber with RGD polylysine motifs significantly enhances gene transfer to isolated human pancreatic isletsJuan L Contreras
Department of Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Transplantation 76:252-61. 2003..Because the arginine-glycine-aspartame (RGD) and polylysine (pK7) motifs have been shown to enhance Ad5 infection through an Ad5 receptor-independent pathway, we ..
- Comparison of transfection agents in forming complexes with ferumoxides, cell labeling efficiency, and cellular viabilityAli Syed Arbab
Laboratory of Diagnostic Radiology Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Imaging 3:24-32. 2004..Concentrations of 25 to 50 microg/mL of FEs complexed to TAs in media resulted in sufficient endocytosis of the SPIO into endosomes to detect cells on cellular magnetic resonance imaging...
- Intracytoplasmic tagging of cells with ferumoxides and transfection agent for cellular magnetic resonance imaging after cell transplantation: methods and techniquesAli S Arbab
Experimental Neuroimaging Section, Laboratory of Diagnostic Radiology Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Transplantation 76:1123-30. 2003..The purpose of this study is to present protocols using SPIO and a polycationic transfection agent for magnetic labeling of cells as a basis for cellular MRI...
- Polylysine-functionalised thermoresponsive chitosan hydrogel for neural tissue engineeringK E Crompton
School of Physics, Department of Materials Engineering, Monash University, Wellington Rd, Clayton, VIC 3800, Australia
Biomaterials 28:441-9. 2007..The results show that thermally responsive chitosan/GP hydrogels provide a suitable 3D scaffolding environment for neural tissue engineering...
- C2B polylysine motif of synaptotagmin facilitates a Ca2+-independent stage of synaptic vesicle priming in vivoCarin A Loewen
Molecular, Cellular, and Integrative Neuroscience Program, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:5211-26. 2006..I, a synaptic vesicle protein required for efficient synaptic transmission, contains a highly conserved polylysine motif necessary for function...
- The effect of backbone structure on polycation comb-type copolymer/DNA interactions and the molecular assembly of DNAYu Ichi Sato
PRESTO, Japan Science and Technology Agency, 4 1 8 Honcho, Kawaguchi, Saitama 332 0012, Japan
Biomaterials 26:703-11. 2005..The study suggested that tailor-made design of "functional polycounterion" is a strategy to engineer molecular assembling of DNA...
- Use of ADME studies to confirm the safety of epsilon-polylysine as a preservative in foodJun Hiraki
Chisso Corporation, Yokohama, Japan
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 37:328-40. 2003Epsilon-polylysine is a homopolymer of L-lysine, containing approximately 30 L-lysine subunits, as synthesized in aerobic bacterial fermentation by Streptomyces albulus...
- SPL7013 gel as a topical microbicide for prevention of vaginal transmission of SHIV89.6P in macaquesYong Hou Jiang
Washington National Primate Research Center, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 21:207-13. 2005..These results suggest that SPL7013 gel may be a promising anti-HIV microbicide formulation for further evaluation...
- Clinically applicable labeling of mammalian and stem cells by combining superparamagnetic iron oxides and transfection agentsJoseph A Frank
Laboratory of Diagnostic Radiology Research, Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bldg 10, Rm B1N256, 10 Center Dr, MSC 1074, Bethesda, MD 20892 1074, USA
Radiology 228:480-7. 2003..To label mammalian and stem cells by combining commercially available transfection agents (TAs) with superparamagnetic iron oxide (SPIO) magnetic resonance (MR) imaging contrast agents...
- Dehydration-induced conformational changes of poly-L-lysine as influenced by drying rate and carbohydratesW F Wolkers
Department of Biomolecular Sciences, Laboratory of Plant Physiology, Wageningen Agricultural University, Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1425:127-36. 1998..We conclude that either immobilization by fast air-drying or sufficient interaction with a protectant through hydrogen bonding (slow drying) plays the leading role in the preservation of the aqueous protein structure...
- Long-term maintenance of patterns of hippocampal pyramidal cells on substrates of polyethylene glycol and microstamped polylysineD W Branch
Biophysics Program, Beckman Institute, Urbana, IL, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 47:290-300. 2000..We conclude that these materials, especially PEG, are adequate for the maintenance of long-term patterned cultures of neurons. We believe that this is the first report of high-quality long-term patterning of cultured neurons...
- Glycerol and polylysine synergize in their ability to rupture vesicular membranes: a mechanism for increased transferrin-polylysine-mediated gene transferW Zauner
Institute of Biochemistry, University of Vienna, Austria
Exp Cell Res 232:137-45. 1997The presence of about 1.2 M glycerol during transfection with DNA/transferrin-polylysine and DNA/polylysine complexes dramatically increases transgene expression in a variety of cell types, provided that the complexes have an excess of ..
- Polylysine induces an antiparallel actin dimer that nucleates filament assembly: crystal structure at 3.5-A resolutionMichael R Bubb
Research Service, Malcom Randall Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center and the University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32608, USA
J Biol Chem 277:20999-1006. 2002..We now show that latrunculin A, a marine natural product that inhibits actin polymerization, arrests polylysine-induced nucleation at the level of an antiparallel dimer, resulting in its accumulation...
- Assaying phosphatidylinositol bisphosphate regulation of potassium channelsTibor Rohacs
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Methods Enzymol 345:71-92. 2002
- Poly(L-lysine)-GRGDS as a biomimetic surface modifier for poly(lactic acid)R A Quirk
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Nottingham, University Park, UK
Biomaterials 22:865-72. 2001..Potentially, this is a flexible method of surface modification that can engineer many different types of tissue engineering scaffolds with a variety of biomolecules, thus allowing initial cell adhesion to be controlled...
- Systemic circulation of poly(L-lysine)/DNA vectors is influenced by polycation molecular weight and type of DNA: differential circulation in mice and rats and the implications for human gene therapyC M Ward
CRC Institute for Cancer Studies, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
Blood 97:2221-9. 2001..Analysis using human blood in vitro shows no hemolysis, but both types of complexes fix complement and bind IgG, suggesting that pLL/DNA complexes may be rapidly cleared from the human circulation...
- Efficient gene transfer by histidylated polylysine/pDNA complexesP Midoux
Centre de Biophysique Moleculaire, Glycobiologie CNRS UPR4301 and University of Orléans, rue Charles Sadron, F 45071 Orléans Cedex 02, France
Bioconjug Chem 10:406-11. 1999Plasmid/polylysine complexes, which are used to transfect mammalian cells, increase the uptake of DNA, but plasmid molecules are sequestered into vesicles where they cannot escape to reach the nuclear machinery...
- Oral uptake and translocation of a polylysine dendrimer with a lipid surfaceA T Florence
Centre for Drug Delivery Research, School of Pharmacy, University of London, 29 39, Brunswick Square, London, UK
J Control Release 65:253-9. 2000..These levels of uptake and translocation are lower than those exhibited by polystyrene particles in the range from 50 to 3000 nm. This might suggest that there is an optimum size for nanoparticulate uptake by the gut...
- Evaluations of unformulated and formulated dendrimer-based microbicide candidates in mouse and guinea pig models of genital herpesD I Bernstein
Division of Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:3784-8. 2003..From these studies a lead compound and formulation (2V of SPL7013) was chosen for ongoing evaluations in primate models of simian immunodeficiency virus and Chlamydia trachomatis infection...
- Laterally stabilized complexes of DNA with linear reducible polycations: strategy for triggered intracellular activation of DNA delivery vectorsDavid Oupicky
CRC Institute for Cancer Studies, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, United Kingdom
J Am Chem Soc 124:8-9. 2002....
- Polylysine-coated diamond nanocrystals for MALDI-TOF mass analysis of DNA oligonucleotidesXianglei Kong
Institute of Atomic and Molecular Sciences, Academia Sinica, P O Box 23 166, Taipei, Taiwan 106
Anal Chem 77:4273-7. 2005..No preseparation of PL or diamond nanocrystals is required for subsequent MALDI-TOF mass analysis...
- In vivo gene delivery via portal vein and bile duct to individual lobes of the rat liver using a polylysine-based nonviral DNA vector in combination with chloroquineX Zhang
Department of Clinical Sciences, Institute of Liver Studies, Guy's, King's and St. Thomas' School of Medicine, King's College Hospital, Bessemer Road, London SE5 9PJ, UK
Hum Gene Ther 12:2179-90. 2001..The 31-amino-acid peptide (polylysine-molossin) comprises an amino-terminal chain of 16 lysines for electrostatic binding of DNA, and the 15 amino ..
- Au-nanoparticle nanowires based on DNA and polylysine templatesFernando Patolsky
Institute of Chemistry The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 41:2323-7. 2002
- Intracellular processing and stability of DNA complexed with histidylated polylysine conjugatesChristine Goncalves
Centre de Biophysique Moleculaire, CNRS UPR4301, rue Charles Sadron, 45071 Orleans Cedex 02, France
J Gene Med 4:271-81. 2002..The present work has been undertaken in two steps to study the uptake and the intracellular processing of pDNA, which are still poorly understood in the polyfection pathway...
- Novel surface entrapment process for the incorporation of bioactive molecules within preformed alginate fibersQingpu Hou
School of Pharmacy, The University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RD, United Kingdom
Biomacromolecules 6:734-40. 2005..By this technique, poly(L-lysine) (PLL) coupled with cell adhesion peptide sequence GRGDS (PLL-GRGDS) was entrapped within alginate fibers, and it was demonstrated that the modification promoted the attachment of mouse 3T3 fibroblasts...
- Effect of functionalization of multilayered polyelectrolyte films on motoneuron growthConstant Vodouhe
INSERM Unité 595, 11 rue Humann, Strasbourg Cedex 67085, France
Biomaterials 26:545-54. 2005..The viability of motoneurons on polyelectrolyte multilayers was higher compared to polyelectrolyte monolayers. BDNF and Sema3A embedded in the films remained active and thereby create functionalized nanofilms...
- Interaction of poly(L-lysine)-g-poly(ethylene glycol) with supported phospholipid bilayersFernanda F Rossetti
Bio Interface Group, Laboratory for Surface Science and Technology, Department of Materials, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich, Switzerland
Biophys J 87:1711-21. 2004..Other factors included the ionic strength of the buffer used and the quality of the bilayers, pointing toward the important role defects present in the SPBs play in the decomposition process...
- Novel ternary polyplex of triblock copolymer, pDNA and anionic dendrimer phthalocyanine for photochemical enhancement of transgene expressionA Arnida
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Control Release 116:e75-7. 2006
- Emulsion strategies in the microencapsulation of cells: pathways to thin coherent membranesA Leung
Department of Chemical Engineering, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Biotechnol Bioeng 92:45-53. 2005..Optical and fluorescence microscopy are used to assess the morphology and coherence of the calcium alginate/poly-L-ornithine/alginate (APA) capsules produced...
- Physicochemical model of alginate-poly-L-lysine microcapsules defined at the micrometric/nanometric scale using ATR-FTIR, XPS, and ToF-SIMSSusan K Tam
Groupe de Recherche en Biomatériaux Biomécanique, Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal, C P 6079, Succ Centre Ville, Que, Canada
Biomaterials 26:6950-61. 2005..This physicochemical model of APA microcapsules could explain their immunogenicity and will play an important role in the optimization of the microcapsule design...
- Biocompatibility of alginate-poly-L-lysine microcapsules for cell therapyGorka Orive
Laboratory of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of the Basque Country, Vitoria Gasteiz, Spain
Biomaterials 27:3691-700. 2006..Improved knowledge will lead to the production of standardized transplantation-grade biomaterials and biocompatible microcapsules...
- DNA-polycation complexation and polyplex stability in the presence of competing polyanionsSigne Danielsen
Biophysics and Medical Technology, Department of Physics, The Norwegian University of Science and Technology, NTNU, NO 7491 Trondheim, Norway
Biopolymers 77:86-97. 2005..Annealing experiments of plasmid DNA-chitosan complexes showed an increased fraction of rods following temperature treatment, indicating that the rods most likely are the more stable morphology for this system...
- Copolymers of poly-L-lysine with serine and tryptophan form stable DNA vectors: implications for receptor-mediated gene transferA G Gómez-Valadés
Unitat de Biofisica, Departament de Ciències Fisiològiques II, IDIBELL Universitat de Barcelona, Feixa Llarga s n, 08907 L Hospitalet, Spain
J Control Release 102:277-91. 2005..Moreover, tryptophan-containing particles are able to mediate specific gene transfer via receptor-mediated endocytosis...
- Nanoparticle-mediated gene delivery: state of the artM Ravi Kumar
Department of Pharmaceutics, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, SASNagar, Mohali, India
Expert Opin Biol Ther 4:1213-24. 2004....
- The molecular structures of poly(ethylene glycol)-modified nonviral gene delivery polyplexesYan Guo
School of Life Science and Biotechnology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200030, PR China
Mol Pharm 1:477-82. 2004..Individual PEG strands were seen to extend from the compact cores and intertwined with each other to form the protective surface layer...
- Biomaterial-mediated retroviral gene transfer using self-assembled monolayersCharles A Gersbach
Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30332, USA
Biomaterials 28:5121-7. 2007..This work is significant to establishing safe and effective gene therapy strategies, developing efficient methods for gene delivery, and supporting recent progress in the field of biomaterial-mediated gene transfer...
- Inhibition of tumor growth in mice by endostatin derived from abdominal transplanted encapsulated cellsHuaining Teng
Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Model Organism Research Center, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 39:278-84. 2007..These results widen the clinical application of the microencapsulated cell endostatin delivery system in cancer treatment...
- Palmitic acid substitution on cationic polymers for effective delivery of plasmid DNA to bone marrow stromal cellsVanessa Incani
Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Biomed Mater Res A 81:493-504. 2007..We conclude that PA substitution on PLL provides an effective carrier for transfection of primary cells derived from the bone marrow...
- Cell growth and detachment from protein-coated PNIPAAm-based copolymersMartin T Moran
National Centre for Biomedical Engineering Sciences, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
J Biomed Mater Res A 81:870-6. 2007..The results demonstrate a versatile method for the cultivation of cells while eliminating the need for the use of digestive enzymes such as trypsin...
- Comparative study and improvement of current cell micro-patterning techniquesJenny Fink
Biologie du cycle cellulaire et de la motilité, Institut Curie, CNRS, UMR144, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75005 Paris, France
Lab Chip 7:672-80. 2007..Finally, we present a new method based on UV crosslinking of adhesion proteins with benzophenone to easily and rapidly produce highly reproducible micropatterns without the use of a microfabricated elastomeric stamp...
- Layer-by-layer-assembled microfiltration membranes for biomolecule immobilization and enzymatic catalysisV Smuleac
Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering and Center of Membrane Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40506, USA
Langmuir 22:10118-24. 2006..Besides simplicity and versatility, the ease of enzyme regeneration constitutes an additional benefit of this approach...
- Combined use of polycationic peptide and biodegradable macromolecular polymer as a novel gene delivery system: a preliminary studyYu Nie
Key Laboratory of Drug Targeting and Novel Drug Delivery Systems, West China School of Pharmacy, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, PR China
Drug Deliv 13:441-6. 2006Plasmid(p) DNA was condensed by polycationic peptide polylysine (PLL) to be a core and then encapsulated in biodegradable monomethoxy (polyethyleneglycol)-poly(lactide-co-glycolide)-monomethoxy (poly-ethylene glycol) (PELGE) to form core-..
- Correction of the growth defect in dwarf mice with nonautologous microencapsulated myoblasts--an alternate approach to somatic gene therapyA Al-Hendy
Department of Pediatrics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Hum Gene Ther 6:165-75. 1995..It should have wide applications in therapies requiring a systemic continuous supply of recombinant gene products...
- Genetic manipulation of sinusoidal endothelial cellsYoshiyuki Takei
Department of Gastroenterology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:S68-72. 2007..So, the PLL-g-HA/DNA system permits targeted delivery of exogenous nucleotide agents selectively to the liver SEC, providing a novel strategy for manipulation of SEC functions...
- TRANSPORT MECHANISMS IN CORNEAL ENDOTHELIUMJorge Fischbarg; Fiscal Year: 2004..of the coupling ratio after junctional modification by agents including cadmium chloride, protamine, and polylysine. 2) To confirm and characterize novel routes for trans-endothelial membrane movements of ions which would ..
- IN VITRO INITIATION OF BIOLOGICAL CALCIFICATIONAdele Boskey; Fiscal Year: 1991..and vitamin A), b) proteoglycan synthesis, composition and/or properties (vitamin A, xylosides, hyaluronidase, polylysine), and c) synthesis of other extracellular matrix proteins (cAMP)...
- Role of integrins and activin in granulosa cell growthKutluk Oktay; Fiscal Year: 2007..In pursuit of these specific aims, SIGC will be cultured on polylysine, fibronectin, laminin or collagen in the presence or absence of Activin- A...
- Mucosal Vaccines for PlagueDavid Pascual; Fiscal Year: 2006..DNA delivery system, whereby the vaccinating DNA plasmid will be complexed to reovirus protein (1coupled to polylysine and will be administered via intranasal (i.n.) or intratracheal (i.t.) routes...
- EXPERIMENTAL PHOTOIMMUNOTHERAPY OF OVARIAN CANCERTayyaba Hasan; Fiscal Year: 1999..This involves the site-specific attachment of modified polylysine chains bearing chlorin e6 molecules to the F(ab')2 fragment of the anti-ovarian cancer Mab, OC125...
- Alveolar Bone Regeneration by Transcriptional ControlJeffrey Hollinger; Fiscal Year: 2006..will be delivered to bone using an injectable, biodegradable, biocompatible hydrogel of hyaluronate (HA) and polylysine (PL). The overall hypothesis for this application is that controlled, predictable delivery ofp...
- Engineered Outer Membrane Vesicles as DNA Vaccine Delivery VehiclesDavid Putnam; Fiscal Year: 2007..by non- specific endocytosis or phagocytosis, the surface of the OMVs will be engineered to possess sequences of polylysine to create OMVs with positive zeta potentials...
- CONTROLLED RELEASE OF MACROMOLECULESRobert Langer; Fiscal Year: 2007..characterization of DNA delivery polymers such as modified poly(ethylene imines), poly(beta-amino esters), and polylysine graft imidizole acetic acids...
- GENE THERAPY FOR CYSTIC FIBROSIS VIA THE SEC RECEPTORPamela Davis; Fiscal Year: 2003..The molecular conjugates are comprised of a peptide ligand for the SEC-R covalently bound to polylysine. This complex binds to DNA through charge interactions, and the complete conjugate is ultimately condensed under ..
- Upright Light Microscope WorkstationUlrich Hopfer; Fiscal Year: 2006..of receptor trafficking and signaling (renal proximal tubule cells); the intracellular fate of condensed polylysine/DNA complexes used for gene therapy (pulmonary epithelia); spatial regulation of EOF receptor signaling from ..
- PHSCN Therapies to Prevent Prostate Cancer ProgressionDONNA LUCY LIVANT; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have recently developed a more potent derivative of PHSCN: the PHSCN-polylysine dendrimer...
- PHSCN Therapies to Prevent Prostate Cancer ProgressionDonna Livant; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have recently developed a more potent derivative of PHSCN: the PHSCN-polylysine dendrimer...
- ISLET TRANSPLANTATION-- PROTECTION BY IMMUNOBARRIERSGordon Weir; Fiscal Year: 2004..Alginate microcapsules with and without polylysine coating will be tested for their ability to protect against these different immune mechanisms in mouse ..