Genomes and Genes
Summary: An N-acetylglycosamine containing antiviral antibiotic obtained from Streptomyces lysosuperificus. It is also active against some bacteria and fungi, because it inhibits the glucosylation of proteins. Tunicamycin is used as tool in the study of microbial biosynthetic mechanisms.
Publications239 found, 100 shown here
- CHOP is implicated in programmed cell death in response to impaired function of the endoplasmic reticulumH Zinszner
Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, the Departments of Medicine, Cell Biology, and the Kaplan Cancer Center, New York University NYU Medical Center, New York, New York 10016 USA
Genes Dev 12:982-95. 1998..It entailed exposing mice with defined chop genotypes to a single sublethal intraperitoneal injection of tunicamycin and resulted in a severe illness characterized by transient renal insufficiency...
- ER stress induces cleavage of membrane-bound ATF6 by the same proteases that process SREBPsJ Ye
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Mol Cell 6:1355-64. 2000..ATF6 processing did not require SCAP, which is essential for SREBP processing. We conclude that S1P and S2P are required for the ER stress response as well as for lipid synthesis...
- Perk is essential for translational regulation and cell survival during the unfolded protein responseH P Harding
Department of Medicine, The Kaplan Cancer Center, New York University School of Medicine, New York 10016, USA
Mol Cell 5:897-904. 2000..PERK thus plays a major role in the ability of cells to adapt to ER stress...
- Mammalian transcription factor ATF6 is synthesized as a transmembrane protein and activated by proteolysis in response to endoplasmic reticulum stressK Haze
HSP Research Institute, Kyoto Research Park, Shimogyo ku, Kyoto 600 8813, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 10:3787-99. 1999..Unlike yeast UPR, mammalian UPR appears to use a system similar to that reported for cholesterol homeostasis...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress links obesity, insulin action, and type 2 diabetesUmut Ozcan
Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 306:457-61. 2004..Pharmacologic manipulation of this pathway may offer novel opportunities for treating these common diseases...
- An endoplasmic reticulum stress response in Arabidopsis is mediated by proteolytic processing and nuclear relocation of a membrane-associated transcription factor, bZIP28Jian Xiang Liu
Plant Sciences Institute, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
Plant Cell 19:4111-9. 2007..One of these factors, bZIP28, an ER-resident transcription factor, is activated in response to treatment by tunicamycin (TM), an agent that blocks N-linked protein glycosylation...
- Caspase-12 mediates endoplasmic-reticulum-specific apoptosis and cytotoxicity by amyloid-betaT Nakagawa
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 403:98-103. 2000..Thus, caspase-12 mediates an ER-specific apoptosis pathway and may contribute to amyloid-beta neurotoxicity...
- Transcriptional induction of mammalian ER quality control proteins is mediated by single or combined action of ATF6alpha and XBP1Keisuke Yamamoto
Department of Biophysics, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
Dev Cell 13:365-76. 2007..These results demonstrate that ATF6alpha functions as a critical regulator of ER quality control proteins in mammalian cells, in marked contrast to worm and fly cells in which IRE1 is responsible...
- The activity of yeast Hog1 MAPK is required during endoplasmic reticulum stress induced by tunicamycin exposureFrancisco Torres-Quiroz
Department of Biotechnology, Instituto de Agroquimica y Tecnologia de los Alimentos, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, E 46100 Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
J Biol Chem 285:20088-96. 2010..Strains lacking the MAPK Hog1p displayed sensitivity to tunicamycin or beta-mercaptoethanol, whereas hyperactivation of the pathway enhanced their resistance...
- Chemical biology investigation of cell death pathways activated by endoplasmic reticulum stress reveals cytoprotective modulators of ASK1InKi Kim
Burnham Center for Chemical Genomics, Burnham Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 284:1593-603. 2009..benzodiazepinones that selectively inhibit cell death caused by inducers of ER stress (thapsigargin and tunicamycin) but not by inducers of extrinsic (tumor necrosis factor) or intrinsic (mitochondrial) cell death pathways...
- An integrated stress response regulates amino acid metabolism and resistance to oxidative stressHeather P Harding
Skirball Institute, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Mol Cell 11:619-33. 2003..A signaling pathway initiated by eIF2alpha phosphorylation protects cells against metabolic consequences of ER oxidation by promoting the linked processes of amino acid sufficiency and resistance to oxidative stress...
- Distinct roles of activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6) and double-stranded RNA-activated protein kinase-like endoplasmic reticulum kinase (PERK) in transcription during the mammalian unfolded protein responseTetsuya Okada
Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, 46 29 Yoshida Shimoadachi, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8304, Japan
Biochem J 366:585-94. 2002..Thus we propose that mammalian cells have evolved a strategy to cope with ER stress different from that of yeast cells...
- A haploid genetic screen identifies the major facilitator domain containing 2A (MFSD2A) transporter as a key mediator in the response to tunicamycinJan H Reiling
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:11756-65. 2011b>Tunicamycin (TM) inhibits eukaryotic asparagine-linked glycosylation, protein palmitoylation, ganglioside production, proteoglycan synthesis, 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl coenzyme-A reductase activity, and cell wall biosynthesis in ..
- Caspase-12 processing and fragment translocation into nuclei of tunicamycin-treated cellsE Fujita
Divisions of Development and Differentiation, National Institute of Neuroscience, NCNP, Kodaira, Tokyo, Japan
Cell Death Differ 9:1108-14. 2002..Mutation analysis confirmed that D(318) was a unique autoprocessing site. In contrast, tunicamycin, one of the ER stress stimuli, induced caspase-12 processing at the N-terminal region and the C-terminal region ..
- Lipolysis response to endoplasmic reticulum stress in adipose cellsJingna Deng
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking University Health Science Center and Key Laboratory of Molecular Cardiovascular Sciences, The Ministry of Education, Beijing 100191, China
J Biol Chem 287:6240-9. 2012..This study aimed to investigate the lipolysis response to ER stress in rat adipocytes. Thapsigargin, tunicamycin, and brefeldin A, which induce ER stress through different pathways, efficiently activated a time-dependent ..
- An Arabidopsis transcription factor, AtbZIP60, regulates the endoplasmic reticulum stress response in a manner unique to plantsYuji Iwata
Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916 5 Takayama, Ikoma 630 0192, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:5280-5. 2005..leucine zipper (bZIP) transcription factors in the Arabidopsis genome identified AtbZIP60, which was induced by tunicamycin. AtbZIP60 encodes a predicted protein of 295 aa with a putative transmembrane domain near its C terminus after ..
- Protective effects of 4-phenylbutyrate derivatives on the neuronal cell death and endoplasmic reticulum stressSeisuke Mimori
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Chiba Institute of Science, Chiba Institute of Science Choshi, Chiba 288 0025, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 35:84-90. 2012..Similarly, cell viability decreased on treatment with tunicamycin, an ER stress inducer, and was dependent on the number of carbons in the fatty acids...
- TLR activation of the transcription factor XBP1 regulates innate immune responses in macrophagesFabio Martinon
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Immunol 11:411-8. 2010..Our findings identify an unsuspected critical function for XBP1 in mammalian host defenses...
- Proteome analysis of tunicamycin-induced ER stressVibeke Hervik Bull
The Biotechnology Centre of Oslo, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Electrophoresis 33:1814-23. 2012..endoplasmin, hypoxia upregulated protein 1, protein disulfide isomerase and protein disulfide isomerase A4 upon tunicamycin-induced ER stress...
- A lipidomic screen of palmitate-treated MIN6 β-cells links sphingolipid metabolites with endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress and impaired protein traffickingEbru Boslem
Diabetes and Obesity Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, 384 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010, Australia
Biochem J 435:267-76. 2011..In conclusion, alterations in sphingolipid, rather than phospholipid, metabolism are more likely to be implicated in the defective protein trafficking and enhanced ER stress and apoptosis of lipotoxic β-cells...
- A selective inhibitor of eIF2alpha dephosphorylation protects cells from ER stressMichael Boyce
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 307:935-9. 2005..More broadly, salubrinal demonstrates the feasibility of selective pharmacological targeting of cellular dephosphorylation events...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress stimulates the expression of cyclooxygenase-2 through activation of NF-kappaB and pp38 mitogen-activated protein kinaseJui Hsiang Hung
Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 701, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Biol Chem 279:46384-92. 2004..Here we investigated which of these ER stress-activated pathways induce COX-2 and potentially oncogenesis. Tunicamycin and brefeldin A, two ER stress inducers, increased the expression of COX-2 in ML-1 or MCF-7 cells...
- Neuroprotective action of genipin on tunicamycin-induced cytotoxicity in neuro2a cellsMasayuki Tanaka
Organization for Frontier Research in Preventive Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokuriku University
Biol Pharm Bull 32:1220-3. 2009..the protective effects of genipin on cytotoxicity induced in Neuro2a cells by the specific ER stress inducer tunicamycin (TM). TM treatment significantly reduced cell viability in a dose-dependent manner...
- CHOP induces death by promoting protein synthesis and oxidation in the stressed endoplasmic reticulumStefan J Marciniak
Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, Department of Cell Biology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Genes Dev 18:3066-77. 2004..dephosphorylation, like CHOP(-/-) mice, are resistant to renal toxicity of the ER stress-inducing drug tunicamycin. CHOP also activates ERO1alpha, which encodes an ER oxidase...
- Identification of novel stress-induced genes downstream of chopX Z Wang
Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, the Departments of Medicine, Cell Biology and the Kaplan Cancer Center, NYU Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
EMBO J 17:3619-30. 1998..These results reveal the existence of a novel CHOP-dependent signaling pathway, distinct from the known endoplasmic reticulum unfolded protein response, which may mediate changes in cell phenotype in response to stress...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress plays a central role in development of leptin resistanceLale Ozcan
Division of Endocrinology, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell Metab 9:35-51. 2009..Taken together, our results may provide the basis for a novel treatment of obesity...
- Tunicamycin sensitizes human melanoma cells to tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand-induced apoptosis by up-regulation of TRAIL-R2 via the unfolded protein responseChen Chen Jiang
Immunology and Oncology Unit, Newcastle Misericordiae Hospital, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Cancer Res 67:5880-8. 2007..We show in this study that the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress inducer, tunicamycin, selectively up-regulated the cell surface expression of TRAIL-R2, but not other members of the TNF receptor ..
- Neuroprotective effects of pramipexole against tunicamycin-induced cell death in PC12 cellsHitoshi Nakayama
Department of Pharmacology, Nara Medical University School of Medicine, Kashihara, Nara, Japan
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 36:1183-5. 2009..In the present study, we demonstrate that PPX reduces the toxicity of tunicamycin, a typical endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stressor, in PC12h cells, a subline of PC12 cells. 2...
- Identification of an Arabidopsis transmembrane bZIP transcription factor involved in the endoplasmic reticulum stress responseHiromi Tajima
Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916 5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630 0192, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 374:242-7. 2008..Under non-stress conditions, GFP fluorescence localization almost overlapped with an ER marker; however, tunicamycin and dithiothreitol treatment clearly increased GFP fluorescence in the nucleus suggesting that the N-terminal ..
- Effect of an inducer of BiP, a molecular chaperone, on endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress-induced retinal cell deathYuta Inokuchi
Department of Biofunctional Evaluation, Molecular Pharmacology, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Gifu, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:334-44. 2009..glucose-regulated protein (GRP78)/immunoglobulin heavy-chain binding protein (BiP; BiP inducer X, BIX) against tunicamycin-induced cell death in RGC-5 (a rat ganglion cell line), and also against tunicamycin- or N-methyl-D-aspartate (..
- Tunicamycin negatively regulates BMP2-induced osteoblast differentiation through CREBH expression in MC3T3E1 cellsWon Gu Jang
Dental Science Research Institute and BK21, School of Dentistry, Chonnam National University, Gwangju, Korea
BMB Rep 44:735-40. 2011b>Tunicamycin, an endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress inducer, specifically inhibits N-glycosylation...
- ATM blocks tunicamycin-induced endoplasmic reticulum stressLong He
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology KRIBB, Yuseong, Daejeon 305 806, Republic of Korea
FEBS Lett 583:903-8. 2009..We present here conclusive data showing that ATM blocks ER-stress induced by tunicamycin or ionizing radiation (IR)...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor suppresses tunicamycin-induced upregulation of CHOP in neuronsGang Chen
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Cell Biology, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Robert C Byrd Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506, USA
J Neurosci Res 85:1674-84. 2007..Our study thus suggests that suppression of CHOP activation may contribute to BDNF-mediated neuroprotection during ER stress responses...
- Inhibition of N-linked glycosylation by tunicamycin induces E-cadherin-mediated cell-cell adhesion and inhibits cell proliferation in undifferentiated human colon cancer cellsJulio Cesar Madureira de Freitas Junior
Divisao de Biologia Celular, Coordenação de Pesquisa, Instituto Nacional de Cancer, 37 André Cavalcanti street, 5th Floor, Rio de Janeiro, RJ CEP 20230 051, Brazil
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 68:227-38. 2011..In this study, we analyzed whether N-glycan expression is crucial for the loss of E-cadherin-mediated cell-cell adhesion in human colorectal cancer cells...
- ATF6alpha optimizes long-term endoplasmic reticulum function to protect cells from chronic stressJun Wu
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Dev Cell 13:351-64. 2007..These results suggest that the vertebrate ATF6alpha pathway evolved to maintain ER function when cells are challenged with chronic stress and provide a rationale for the overlap among the three UPR pathways...
- Molecular characterization of two Arabidopsis Ire1 homologs, endoplasmic reticulum-located transmembrane protein kinasesN Koizumi
Division of Biology, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92039 0116, USA
Plant Physiol 127:949-62. 2001..These and other findings are discussed in relation to the involvement of these genes in unfolded protein response signaling in plants...
- Phenylbutyric acid rescues endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced suppression of APP proteolysis and prevents apoptosis in neuronal cellsJesse C Wiley
Department of Comparative Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9135. 2010....
- Ammonium chloride and tunicamycin are novel toxins for dopaminergic neurons and induce Parkinson's disease-like phenotypes in medaka fishHideaki Matsui
Department of Neurology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
J Neurochem 115:1150-60. 2010..In this study, ammonium chloride, tunicamycin, and lactacystin were tested for their ability to disturb lysosomal proteolysis, N-glycosylation in the ..
- Unfolded protein response is required in nu/nu mice microvasculature for treating breast tumor with tunicamycinAditi Banerjee
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, University of Puerto Rico, Medical Sciences Campus, San Juan, Puerto Rico
J Biol Chem 286:29127-38. 2011..The dynamic relationship between these two processes is now evaluated with tunicamycin. Capillary endothelial cells treated with tunicamycin were growth inhibited and could not be reversed with ..
- Characterization of an immunoglobulin binding protein homolog in the maize floury-2 endosperm mutantE B Fontes
Department of Botany, North Carolina State University, Raleigh 27695 7612
Plant Cell 3:483-96. 1991..In addition, both b-70 polypeptides can be induced in maize cell cultures with tunicamycin treatment. Like BiP, the pl 5...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced apoptosis is partly mediated by reduced insulin signaling through phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt and increased glycogen synthase kinase-3beta in mouse insulinoma cellsShanthi Srinivasan
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Lipid Research, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Ave, Campus Box 8127, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Diabetes 54:968-75. 2005....
- Derlin-2 and Derlin-3 are regulated by the mammalian unfolded protein response and are required for ER-associated degradationYukako Oda
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology Institute for Frontier Medical Sciences, Graduate School of Science, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8502, Japan
J Cell Biol 172:383-93. 2006..These findings indicate that Derlin-2 and -3 provide the missing link between EDEM and p97 in the process of degrading misfolded glycoproteins...
- Diverse and specific gene expression responses to stresses in cultured human cellsJohn Isaac Murray
Department of Genetics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Mol Biol Cell 15:2361-74. 2004..The dataset is freely available for search and download at http://microarray-pubs.stanford.edu/human_stress/Home.shtml...
- Inhibition of N-linked glycosylation disrupts receptor tyrosine kinase signaling in tumor cellsJoseph N Contessa
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Cancer Res 68:3803-9. 2008..Using the N-linked glycosylation inhibitor, tunicamycin, we show that expression levels of several RTKS (EGFR, ErbB2, ErbB3, and IGF-IR) are exquisitely sensitive to ..
- Activation of ER stress and inhibition of EGFR N-glycosylation by tunicamycin enhances susceptibility of human non-small cell lung cancer cells to erlotinibYi He Ling
Department of Oncology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 64:539-48. 2009..In this study, we examined whether inhibition of EGFR N-glycosylation and stimulation of endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress by tunicamycin enhances erlotinib-induced growth inhibition in NSCLC cell lines.
- Proapoptotic BAX and BAK modulate the unfolded protein response by a direct interaction with IRE1alphaClaudio Hetz
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 312:572-6. 2006..DKO mice responded abnormally to tunicamycin-induced ER stress in the liver, with extensive tissue damage and decreased expression of the IRE1 substrate X-..
- Overexpression of endoplasmic reticulum-resident chaperone attenuates cardiomyocyte death induced by proteasome inhibitionHai Ying Fu
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, National Cardiovascular Center, Suita, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
Cardiovasc Res 79:600-10. 2008..Since ER stress is involved in the development of heart failure, we investigated the role of ER-initiated cardiomyocyte death by proteasome inhibition...
- Molecular imaging of N-linked glycosylation suggests glycan biosynthesis is a novel target for cancer therapyJoseph N Contessa
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:3205-14. 2010..We therefore investigated the feasibility of blocking NLG in vivo to reduce overexpression of RTKs...
- Mechanical stimulation suppresses phosphorylation of eIF2alpha and PERK-mediated responses to stress to the endoplasmic reticulumHideyuki Hirasawa
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
FEBS Lett 584:745-52. 2010..Taken together, our observations suggest a pro-survival role of mechanical stimulation in Perk-mediated stress responses...
- Herp, a new ubiquitin-like membrane protein induced by endoplasmic reticulum stressK Kokame
National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, 5 7 1 Fujishirodai, Suita, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:32846-53. 2000..mRNA expression of Herp was strongly up-regulated by inducers of ER stress, including mercaptoethanol, tunicamycin, A23187, and thapsigargin. The ER stress-dependent induction of Herp was also observed at the protein level...
- The extracellular domain of the TGFbeta type II receptor regulates membrane raft partitioningValbona Luga
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital and the Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5G1X5, Canada
Biochem J 421:119-31. 2009..Pharmacological perturbation of glycosylation using tunicamycin or the mutation of Mgat5 [mannosyl(alpha-1,6)-glycoprotein beta-1,6-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase V] activity ..
- Effect of tunicamycin on Candida albicans biofilm formation and maintenanceChristopher G Pierce
Department of Biology and South Texas Center for Emerging Infectious Diseases, The University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 63:473-9. 2009..As a result of the intrinsic resistance of C. albicans biofilms to most antifungal agents, new strategies are needed to combat these infections...
- Tunicamycin in combination with retinoic acid synergistically inhibits cell growth while decreasing palmitoylation and enhancing retinoylation of proteins in the human breast cancer cell line MCF-7N Takahashi
Department of Health Chemistry, Hoshi University, Tokyo, Japan
Oncol Res 9:527-33. 1997..To gain further knowledge of the role(s) of retinoylation, we studied the effects of tunicamycin (TM), an inhibitor of both protein N-glycosylation and palmitoylation, on growth and retinoylation in MCF-7 ..
- Effect of 2-fluoropalmitate, cerulenin and tunicamycin on the palmitoylation and intracellular translocation of myelin proteolipid proteinGisela DeJesus
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 5218, USA
Neurochem Res 27:1669-75. 2002..3H]leucine in the presence or absence of various concentrations of 2-fluoropalmitate (FP), cerulenin (CER), or tunicamycin (TM)...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress induces retinal endothelial permeability of extracellular-superoxide dismutaseTetsuo Adachi
Laboratory of Clinical Pharmaceutics, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Daigaku Nishi, Gifu, Japan
Free Radic Res 45:1083-92. 2011..Intravitreous injection of tunicamycin in mice increased the permeability of tracer dye across retinal blood vessels while the retinal EC-SOD mRNA ..
- Tunicamycin enhances virus replication and inhibits antiviral activity of interferon in mice: correlation with natural killer cellsV K Singh
Department of Pathology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814 4799
J Exp Pathol 3:19-33. 1987Earlier we reported that tunicamycin (TM) treatment enhances Semliki Forest virus (SFV) and encephalomyocarditis virus (EMCV) replication in Swiss mice...
- Role of p53 in neurotoxicity induced by the endoplasmic reticulum stress agent tunicamycin in organotypic slice cultures of rat spinal cordJun Tashiro
Department of Neurology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Kita ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
J Neurosci Res 85:395-401. 2007..We conducted this study using tunicamycin (Tm) as an ER stress inducer for rat spinal cord in organotypic slice culture, a system that we have recently ..
- Characterization of the tunicamycin gene cluster unveiling unique steps involved in its biosynthesisWenqing Chen
Laboratory of Microbial Metabolism, and School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200030, China
Protein Cell 1:1093-105. 2010b>Tunicamycin, a potent reversible translocase I inhibitor, is produced by several Actinomycetes species. The tunicamycin structure is highly unusual, and contains an 11-carbon dialdose sugar and an α, β-1″,11'-glycosidic linkage...
- Glycosylation modulates TRAIL-R1/death receptor 4 protein: different regulations of two pro-apoptotic receptors for TRAIL by tunicamycinTatsushi Yoshida
Department of Molecular Targeting Cancer Prevention, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kawaramachi Hirokoji, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto 602 8566, Japan
Oncol Rep 18:1239-42. 2007..Here, we show a novel regulation of DR4 protein. Tunicamycin treatment, which is an inducer of endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-stress, generated a lower molecular-weight pattern ..
- Gene expression during ER stress-induced apoptosis in neurons: induction of the BH3-only protein Bbc3/PUMA and activation of the mitochondrial apoptosis pathwayClaus Reimertz
Experimental Neurosurgery, Center for Biological Chemistry ZBC, HS 25 B, 4 OG, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Clinics, Theodor Stern Kai 7, D 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
J Cell Biol 162:587-97. 2003..Treatment of human SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cells with tunicamycin, an inhibitor of protein glycosylation, rapidly induced the expression of target genes of the unfolded protein ..
- Nicotine suppresses tunicamycin-induced, but not thapsigargin-induced, expression of GRP78 during ER stress-mediated apoptosis in PC12 cellsHarue Sasaya
Department of Life Science and Biotechnology, Faculty of Chemistry, Materials and Bioengineering and High Technology Research Center, Kansai University, 3 3 35 Yamate cho, Suita, Osaka 564 8680, Japan
J Biochem 144:251-7. 2008We previously reported that nicotine protected against tunicamycin (Tm)-induced ER stress-mediated apoptosis, but not thapsigargin (Tg)-induced apoptosis in PC12 cells...
- Tunicamycin enhances the anticellular activity of interferon by inhibiting G1/S phase progression in 3T3 cellsS Madhavan
Center for Combat Casualty and Life Sustainment Research, Department of Pathology, Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 20:281-90. 2000We have shown earlier that the cell growth inhibitory activity of interferon (IFN) is significantly enhanced by tunicamycin (TM) (Maheshwari et al., Science 219, 1339-1341, 1983)...
- Tunicamycin potentiates cisplatin anticancer efficacy through the DPAGT1/Akt/ABCG2 pathway in mouse Xenograft models of human hepatocellular carcinomaHelei Hou
Corresponding Author Jinjun Li, State Key Laboratory of Oncogenes and Related Genes, Shanghai Cancer Institute, 25 Ln 2200 Xietu Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Mol Cancer Ther 12:2874-84. 2013..The N-linked glycosylation (NLG) inhibitor tunicamycin dramatically reduced ABCG2 expression, altered its subcellular localization, and reversed its drug efflux ..
- Tunicamycin inhibits Toll-like receptor-activated inflammation in RAW264.7 cells by suppression of NF-κB and c-Jun activity via a mechanism that is independent of ER-stress and N-glycosylationSong Yi Kim
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, College of Medicine, Inha University, 253, Shinheung Dong, Jung ku, Incheon, Republic of Korea
Eur J Pharmacol 721:294-300. 2013In this study, we investigated the effect of tunicamycin on the production of pro-inflammatory molecules in RAW264.7 macrophage cells in response to lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and Toll-like receptor (TLR) agonists...
- Imipramine protects mouse hippocampus against tunicamycin-induced cell deathYoko Ono
Molecular Pharmacology, Department of Biofunctional Evaluation, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, 1 25 4 Daigaku nishi, Gifu 501 1196, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 696:83-8. 2012..used antidepressant, and investigated whether it might protect against the neuronal cell death induced by tunicamycin, an ER stress inducer...
- Tunicamycin-induced ER stress upregulates the expression of mitochondrial HtrA2 and promotes apoptosis through the cytosolic release of HtrA2Chul Han
School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
J Microbiol Biotechnol 18:1197-202. 2008..the HtrA2 protein level was gradually and significantly increased by up to 10-fold in the mitochondria under tunicamycin (Tm)-induced ER stress, which eventually promoted cell death through the release of HtrA2 into the cytoplasm...
- Tunicamycin induces resistance to camptothecin and etoposide in human hepatocellular carcinoma cells: role of cell-cycle arrest and GRP78Jui Ling Hsu
School of Pharmacy, National Taiwan University, No 1, Section 1, Jen Ai Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 380:373-82. 2009Hepatocellular carcinoma is chemoresistant to many anticancer drugs. Tunicamycin, an N-glycosylation inhibitor, causes unfolded protein response and is widely used as pharmacological inducer of endoplasmic reticulum stress...
- Biosynthesis of the tunicamycin antibiotics proceeds via unique exo-glycal intermediatesFilip J Wyszynski
Chemistry Research Laboratory, University of Oxford, 12 Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3TA, UK
Nat Chem 4:539-46. 2012..They suggest that construction of the aminodialdose core of tunicamycin exploits their enol ether motif in a mode of C-C bond formation not previously observed in nature, to create an ..
- Bortezomib sensitizes pancreatic cancer cells to endoplasmic reticulum stress-mediated apoptosisSteffan T Nawrocki
Department of Cancer Biology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
Cancer Res 65:11658-66. 2005..Here, we show that bortezomib promotes apoptosis triggered by classic ER stress inducers (tunicamycin and thapsigargin) via a c-Jun NH(2)-terminal kinase (JNK)-dependent mechanism...
- The APP intracellular domain (AICD) potentiates ER stress-induced apoptosisDonat Kogel
Experimental Neurosurgery, Center for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Goethe University Hospital, Frankfurt, Germany
Neurobiol Aging 33:2200-9. 2012..an increased sensitivity to apoptosis induced by the 2 endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stressors thapsigargin and tunicamycin, but not by staurosporine (STS)...
- Tunicamycin sensitizes human prostate cells to TRAIL-induced apoptosis by upregulation of TRAIL receptors and downregulation of cIAP2Young Hwa Jung
Department of Molecular Biology and Immunology, Kosin University College of Medicine, Busan 602 703, Republic of Korea
Int J Oncol 40:1941-8. 2012The addition of tunicamycin to prostate cancer cells enhances cell death mediated by tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL)...
- Induction of BiP by sugar independent of a cis-element for the unfolded protein response in Arabidopsis thalianaHiromi Tajima
Department of Biological Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916 5 Takayama, Ikoma 630 0192, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 346:926-30. 2006..Transcripts for beta-glucuronidase (GUS) driven by BiP promoter respond to tunicamycin and sugar, being similar with endogenous BiP transcripts in transgenic A. thaliana...
- Induction of cellular stress and chaperone activation in organotypic slice cultures of hippocampusPhilipp Lacour
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Freiburg, Germany
J Neurosci Methods 166:24-31. 2007..cultures to analyze the time course of chaperone expression and neuronal death after induction of ER stress by tunicamycin treatment...
- Genome sequences of three tunicamycin-producing Streptomyces Strains, S. chartreusis NRRL 12338, S. chartreusis NRRL 3882, and S. lysosuperificus ATCC 31396James R Doroghazi
Department of Microbiology and Institute for Genomic Biology at University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, Ilinois, USA
J Bacteriol 193:7021-2. 2011..The announced genomes, together with the published Streptomyces clavuligerus genome, will facilitate data mining of these secondary metabolites...
- Tunicamycin inhibits NMDA and AMPA receptor responses independently of N-glycosylationKeishi Maruo
Department of Physiology, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya 663 8501, Japan
Brain Res 977:294-7. 2003..neurons, and those currents were depressed to 25 and 28% of basal levels, respectively, by 3-min treatment with tunicamycin (10 microM), an inhibitor of protein N-glycosylation...
- Identification of mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathways that confer resistance to endoplasmic reticulum stress in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeYijun Chen
Department of Radiation Oncology, Center for Clinical Sciences Research, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Mol Cancer Res 3:669-77. 2005..We propose that the SLT2 MAPK pathway is an important cell survival signaling pathway during ER stress. This study shows the feasibility of using the yeast deletion pool to identify relevant mammalian orthologues of the UPR...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress in glomerular epithelial cell injuryAndrey V Cybulsky
Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 301:F496-508. 2011..Activation of these ER stress pathways counteracted apoptosis. However, tunicamycin (a potent stimulator of ER stress) changed the ER stress response from protective to cytotoxic, as tunicamycin ..
- Knockdown of ERp57 increases BiP/GRP78 induction and protects against hyperoxia and tunicamycin-induced apoptosisDong Xu
Section of Neonatal Perinatal Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Neonatology Research Laboratory, Children s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 297:L44-51. 2009..of ERp57 small interfering RNA significantly knocked down ERp57 expression and reduced hyperoxia- or tunicamycin-induced apoptosis in human endothelial cells. Apoptosis was decreased from 26.8 to 9...
- Effects of tunicamycin, mannosamine, and other inhibitors of glycoprotein processing on skeletal alkaline phosphatase in human osteoblast-like cellsJ R Farley
Department of Medicine, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA, 92357, USA
Calcif Tissue Int 76:63-74. 2005..b>Tunicamycin-which blocks N-linked glycosylation by inhibiting core oligosaccharide synthesis-decreased cell layer protein ..
- Inhibition of N-linked glycosylation of the human type 1alpha metabotropic glutamate receptor by tunicamycin: effects on cell-surface receptor expression and functionN Mody
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Leicester, UK
Neuropharmacology 38:1485-92. 1999..recombinant, inducible expression system, where receptor expression was induced in the absence and presence of tunicamycin. In the absence of tunicamycin the mGlu1alpha receptor appeared to be expressed, at least in part, as a dimer ..
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress induced by tunicamycin and antagonistic effect of Tiantai No.1 (1) on mesenchymal stem cellsZheng Zhi Wu
Shenzhen Hospital of Southern Medical University, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, 518033 China
Chin J Integr Med 16:41-9. 2010..1 (1) on the ERS injury of AD was investigated at the molecular gene level in this study with a view to explore the gene pharmacodynamic actions and mechanisms of this drug...
- Essential role of PACT-mediated PKR activation in tunicamycin-induced apoptosisMadhurima Singh
Department of Biological Sciences, University of South Carolina, 700 Sumter Street, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
J Mol Biol 385:457-68. 2009..b>Tunicamycin, which is an inhibitor of protein glycosylation, induces ER stress and apoptosis...
- Proteasome inhibitors disrupt the unfolded protein response in myeloma cellsAnn Hwee Lee
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115 6017, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:9946-51. 2003..Identification of compounds that target the activity of IRE1 alpha/XBP-1 may yield novel therapies for the treatment of multiple myeloma and other malignancies that rely on an intact UPR...
- Immunochemical and mutational analyses of P-type ATPase Spf1p involved in the yeast secretory pathwayC Suzuki
National Food Research Institute, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 65:2405-11. 2001..The spf1 disruptant also showed increased expression of Kar2p and sensitivity to tunicamycin. The glycosylation-defective phenotype and possible role of Spf1p in the secretory pathway are discussed.
- ACSL3 and GSK-3β are essential for lipid upregulation induced by endoplasmic reticulum stress in liver cellsYung Sheng Chang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
J Cell Biochem 112:881-93. 2011..We first tested the effects of several inhibitors on lipid dysregulation induced by tunicamycin, an ER stress inducer...
- Maturation and pro-peptide cleavage of beta-secretaseA Capell
Adolf Butenandt Institute, Department of Biochemistry, Laboratory for Alzheimer s Disease Research, Ludwig Maximilians University, 80336 Munich, Germany
J Biol Chem 275:30849-54. 2000..The increase in molecular mass is caused by complex N-glycosylation. Treatment with tunicamycin and N-glycosidase F led to a BACE derivative with a molecular weight corresponding to an unmodified version...
- Glycosylation defects activate filamentous growth Kss1 MAPK and inhibit osmoregulatory Hog1 MAPKHui Yu Yang
Division of Molecular Cell Signaling, Institute of Medical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo, Japan
EMBO J 28:1380-91. 2009..of the gene encoding the protein O-mannosyltransferase Pmt4, and an N-glycosylation defect induced by tunicamycin. The O-glycosylated membrane proteins Msb2 and Opy2 are both essential for activating the FG MAPK pathway, but ..
- Involvement of caspase-2 and caspase-9 in endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced apoptosis: a role for the IAPsHerman H Cheung
Apoptosis Research Centre, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute II, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1H 8L1
Exp Cell Res 312:2347-57. 2006..Here we show that brefeldin A and tunicamycin-mediated ER stress lead to caspase-dependent apoptosis involving caspase-2...
- Preconditioning with endoplasmic reticulum stress ameliorates mesangioproliferative glomerulonephritisReiko Inagi
Division of Nephrology and Endocrinology, University of Tokyo School of Medicine, 7 3 1, Hongo Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 19:915-22. 2008..ameliorates the severity of disease, rats were pretreated with a subnephritogenic dose of the ER stress inducer tunicamycin or thapsigargin for 4 d before disease was induced...
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress activates the expression of a sub-group of protein disulfide isomerase genes and AtbZIP60 modulates the response in Arabidopsis thalianaDong Ping Lu
Department of Molecular Biosciences and Bioengineering, University of Hawaii, 1955 East West Road, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA
Mol Genet Genomics 280:199-210. 2008..We proposed that additional UPR signaling factors complement AtbZIP60 in the activation of AtPDI gene expression during ER stress in plants...
- Apoptosis induced by endoplasmic reticulum stress depends on activation of caspase-3 via caspase-12Junichi Hitomi
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
Neurosci Lett 357:127-30. 2004..These findings suggested that activation of ER-resident caspase-12 indirectly activates cytoplasmic caspase-3 and might be important in ER stress-induced neuronal apoptosis...
- A regulatory subunit of phosphoinositide 3-kinase increases the nuclear accumulation of X-box-binding protein-1 to modulate the unfolded protein responseJonathon N Winnay
Section on Integrative Physiology and Metabolism, Research Division, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Med 16:438-45. 2010..Mice with deletion of p85alpha in liver (L-Pik3r1(-/-)) show a similar attenuated UPR after tunicamycin administration, leading to an increased inflammatory response...
- Differences in endoplasmic reticulum stress signalling kinetics determine cell survival outcome through activation of MKP-1Bin Li
Sino France Laboratory for Drug Screening, Key Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics of Ministry of Education, School of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, China
Cell Signal 23:35-45. 2011..2 mouse neural stem cells (NSCs). Two well characterized ER stress inducers, tunicamycin (TM) and dithiothreitol (DTT), were used to induce "slow motion" and "fast motion" stresses, respectively...
- Modes of action of tunicamycin, liposidomycin B, and mureidomycin A: inhibition of phospho-N-acetylmuramyl-pentapeptide translocase from Escherichia coliP E Brandish
Department of Chemistry, University of Southampton, Highfield, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 40:1640-4. 1996..b>Tunicamycin exhibited reversible inhibition (Ki = 0.55 +/- 0...
- Toxicogenomics of endoplasmic reticulum stress inducer tunicamycin in the small intestine and liver of Nrf2 knockout and C57BL/6J miceSujit Nair
Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Science, Department of Pharmaceutics, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Toxicol Lett 168:21-39. 2007..the spatial regulation of global gene expression profiles elicited by endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress inducer tunicamycin (TM) in mouse small intestine and liver as well as to identify TM-modulated nuclear factor-E2-related factor 2 (..
- Ca2+ permeability of the plasma membrane induced by rotavirus infection in cultured cells is inhibited by tunicamycin and brefeldin AMarie Christine Ruiz
Laboratorio de Fisiologia Gastrointestinal, Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Cientificas, Caracas 1020A, Venezuela
Virology 333:54-65. 2005..The viral product responsible for this effect is not known. We have used tunicamycin and brefeldin A to prevent glycosylation and membrane traffic and study the involvement of viral glycoproteins, ..
- Overexpression of a gene that encodes the first enzyme in the biosynthesis of asparagine-linked glycans makes plants resistant to tunicamycin and obviates the tunicamycin-induced unfolded protein responseN Koizumi
Nara Institute of Science and Technology, 8916 5 Takayama, Ikoma, Nara 630 0101, Japan
Plant Physiol 121:353-61. 1999The cytotoxic drug tunicamycin kills cells because it is a specific inhibitor of UDP-N-acetylglucosamine:dolichol phosphate N-acetylglucosamine-1-P transferase (GPT), an enzyme that catalyzes the initial step of the biosynthesis of ..
- Tunicamycin desensitizes store-operated Ca2+ entry to ATP and mitochondrial potentialAneta Czyz
The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, 3 Pasteur Street, 02 093 Warsaw, Poland
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 381:176-80. 2009b>Tunicamycin effect on thapsigargin-induced store-operated calcium entry was investigated. Ca2+ influx was stimulated by 50% upon exposure of Jurkat cells to tunicamycin...
- Cu, Zn superoxide dismutase and NADP(H) homeostasis are required for tolerance of endoplasmic reticulum stress in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeShi Xiong Tan
Ramaciotti Centre for Gene Function Analysis, School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Mol Biol Cell 20:1493-508. 2009Genome-wide screening for sensitivity to chronic endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress induced by dithiothreitol and tunicamycin (TM) identified mutants deleted for Cu, Zn superoxide dismutase (SOD) function (SOD1, CCS1) or affected in NADPH ..
- Protective effect of nicotine on tunicamycin-induced apoptosis of PC12h cellsTakahiro Utsumi
Laboratory of Neurobiology, Faculty of Engineering and High Technology Research Center, Kansai University, 3 3 35 Yamate cho, Suita, Osaka 564 8680, Japan
Neurosci Lett 370:244-7. 2004..The present study deals with the neuroprotective effect of nicotine on the tunicamycin-induced apoptosis of PC12h cells...
- Comparison between the effects of fusicoccin, Tunicamycin, and Brefeldin A on programmed cell death of cultured sycamore (Acer pseudoplatanus L.) cellsM Malerba
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie e Bioscienze, Universita degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Milan, Italy
Protoplasma 224:61-70. 2004..cells by comparing the effects of fusicoccin, Tunicamycin and Brefeldin A, inducers of programmed cell death with well-defined molecular and cellular targets, on some of ..
- ER stress: role in myocyte apoptosis and myocardial remodelingKrishna Singh; Fiscal Year: 2013..Well-known pharmacological ER stressors (brefeldin A, thapsigargin and tunicamycin) activated GSK-32 and increased cardiac myocyte apoptosis...
- A fully validated assay to identify activators of ERSR in human glioma cells: ideMaurizio Grimaldi; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have validated the assay with two positive controls known activators of ERSR such as tunicamycin and thapsigargin. These two positive controls are effective and inexpensive...
- Avoiding toxicity associated with MTP ablationM Mahmood Hussain; Fiscal Year: 2013..Sixth, we will determine if induction of ER stress by tunicamycin increases plasma AST/ALT levels...
- Regulation of Hepatic Glucose Homeostasis by Phosphatidylcholine Transfer ProteinBaran Ersoy; Fiscal Year: 2012..The potential roles of PC-TP and THEM2 in the induction of ER stress will be studied using chemical reagent tunicamycin in cultured cells and prolonged high-fat diet in Pctp-/- and Them2-/- mice...
- Defining the epitope in antiNMDA receptor encephalitisDAVID ROBINSON LYNCH; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, creation of the epitope is blocked by tunicamycin and disruption of a specific N- linked glycosylation/deamidation site in NR1 removes immunoreactivity, ..
- Regulation on of the AIRAP/aip-1 pathway by metabolic stressAlfred L Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2013..oxidative, ER, and heat shock-like stresses to affected cells, but classic exposures, like heat, peroxide, or tunicamycin, that produce a more limited spectrum of damage fail to induce AIRAP/aip-1...
- Discovery of Small Molecules that Restore Methicillin Sensitivity to MRSAJENNIFER CAMPBELL O apos NEILL; Fiscal Year: 2010..Consistent with this hypothesis, preliminary studies have shown that tunicamycin, a natural product that selectively inhibits TarO, indeed sensitizes MRSA to methicillin...
- Cell-based HTS for Compounds that Block Virulence Factor Expression in MRSASuzanne Walker; Fiscal Year: 2009..Consistent with this hypothesis, preliminary studies have shown that tunicamycin, a natural product that selectively inhibits TarO, indeed sensitizes MRSA to methicillin...
- PGT Inhibitors Mapped From a Tunicamycin BlueprintBarbara Imperiali; Fiscal Year: 2013..approach relies on exploiting the molecular logic of the natural product nucleoside antibiotics, in particular tunicamycin, as a "blue print" for the structure-guided design and synthesis of a new family of modular chemical structures ..
- REGULATION OF PANCREATIC MUSCARINIC RECEPTORS IN VITROSETH HOOTMAN; Fiscal Year: 1990..benzilate and specific inhibitors such as methylamine, monensine, swainsonine, cycloheximide, and tunicamycin. The possible involvement of protein phosphorylation in muscarinic receptor desensitization and down regulation ..
- CATECHOLAMINE BIOSYNTHETIC ENZYMESEsther Sabban; Fiscal Year: 1991..Relatively specific inhibitors such as monensin, chloroquine, and tunicamycin will be used. Id...
- MOLECULAR CONTROL OF N-GLYCOSYLATION IN DEVELOPMENTMARIA KUKURUZINSKA; Fiscal Year: 1990..activity of the N-glycosylation function is regulated at the very first step in the pathway catalyzed by the tunicamycin sensitive enzyme, N- acetylglucosamine-1-phosphate (ALG7) transferase...
- ROLE OF SUGARS IN PHAGOCYTOSIS OF ROD OUTER SEGMENTSEDWARD KEAN; Fiscal Year: 1991..The effects of various inhibitors of glycosylation on the process will be examined, such as tunicamycin, swainosonine and castanospermine...
- ALDO-KETO REDUCTASES AS PART OF CHEMICAL STRESS RESPONSEOleg Barski; Fiscal Year: 2002..Recently it was shown that ethoxyquin and antiobiotic tunicamycin also induce aldehyde reductase, another member of the aldo-keto reductase family...
- Calreticulin's functions in the adaptive immune responseMalini Raghavan; Fiscal Year: 2010..of Calreticulin dimers is additionally induced by other types of ER stress, including virus infection and tunicamycin treatment...
- REGULATION OF FATTY ACID SYNTHESIS DURING DEVELOPMENTJoseph Volpe; Fiscal Year: 1991..e., by mevinolin, or (b) dolichol-linked oligosaccharide biosynthesis, i.e., by tunicamycin. Concerning the role of thyroid hormone importance of this work relates to previous studies which demonstrate ..
- NET SYNTHESIS OF PLASMA PROTEINS BY PERFUSED LIVERLEON MILLER; Fiscal Year: 1980..Interpretation of the mechanism of action of the hormones will be sought with the aid of inhibitors of protein synthesis (cycloheximide), of RNA synthesis (actinomycin D, alpha-amanitin), of glycoprotein synthesis (tunicamycin).
- Myocilin-induced ER Stress in Trabecular Meshwork CellsSANGLY SRINIVAS; Fiscal Year: 2005..As a positive control of UPR, we will employ exogenous drugs known to cause protein unfolding in the ER (e.g., tunicamycin)...
- ROLE OF CARBOHYDRATE IN NATURAL KILLER CYTOTOXICITYPATRICIA AHRENS; Fiscal Year: 1992..Preliminary results have shown that cells grown in the presence of tunicamycin (i.e. synthesis of N-linked oligosaccharides inhibited) are less susceptible to NK lysis...
- BI-1, A Regulator of ER-Stress Pathways Linked to ApoptosisJohn Reed; Fiscal Year: 2009..renders cells more resistant to apoptosis triggered by ER-stress inducing agents, such as Thapsigargin and Tunicamycin, while having comparatively little effect on apoptosis induced via ER-independent pathways...
- Cell Biology of Human Thiamine TransportersVEEDAMALI SUBRAMANIAN; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Flavopiridol and Imatinib in Bcr/Abl+ LeukemiaSteven Grant; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF COLLAGEN RECEPTORSThomas Kunicki; Fiscal Year: 2004..The successful completion of the proposed studies will lead to a substantial increase in our understanding of the genetics and physiology of the platelet collagen receptor, GPVI. ..
- STRUCTURAL AND FUNCTIONAL STUDIES OF LEDGFToshimichi Shinohara; Fiscal Year: 2002..Studying the basic role of LEDGF in survival and death of LECs can enhance our standing of aging including development, growth, and age- related cataract. ..
- Glycan Biosynthesis in Cryptococcus neoformansTamara L Doering; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will capitalize on our prior discoveries to gain greater understanding of cryptococcal biology and pathogenesis, identify targets for anti-fungal drug discovery, and elucidate glycan synthesis in eukaryotes. ..
- REGULATION OF PROTEIN TURNOVER IN SEPSISScot R Kimball; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Glycan Biosynthesis in Cryptococcus neoformansTAMARA DOERING; Fiscal Year: 2003..Experiments to define and study these defects will use gene cloning and expression, virulence studies and other methods mentioned above. ..
- CDK/histone deacetylase inhibition in acute leukemiaSteven Grant; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ROLES FOR P38 MAP KINASES IN CARDIAC MYOCYTE GROWTHCHRISTOPHER GLEMBOTSKI; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- POTENTIATION OF TAXANE ACTIVITY BY MEK/MAPK INHIBITORSSteven Grant; Fiscal Year: 2003..This information could provide a rationale for using novel MEK/MAP kinase inhibitors with in vivo activity to enhance the anti-tumor activity of taxanes in hematological and ultimately non-hematological malignancies. ..
- Phase II and Correlative Studies of Bryo/HiDACSteven Grant; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF HIV GAG PROTEINMARILYN RESH; Fiscal Year: 2009..Multicolor imaging with site-specific fluorescein derivatives (FLASH and ReAsH) will be used to determine the order in which Gag assembly sites are formed and maintained in the cell. ..
- Hormonal Therapy to Increase Islet Recovery/Engraftment From Multiorgan DonorsJuan Contreras; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Polysaccharide capsule export in the fungal pathogen Cryptococcus neoformansTAMARA DOERING; Fiscal Year: 2008..Further, this work will contribute to basic science knowledge, which will impact the area of pathogenic microbes as well as other areas of biology. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A new approach to xenotransplantation in primateJuan Contreras; Fiscal Year: 2005..The research proposed in this grant will provide significant information to the xenotransplant research and the potential use of porcine islets as an alternative to human tissue for pancreatic islet transplantation. ..
- Synthesis & transport of cryptococcal capsule precursorsTAMARA DOERING; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Strategy for islet recovery, functionality & engraftmentJuan Contreras; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed studies are expected to yield novel information about the effects of BD on isolated islet biology and to develop potential targets for therapeutic intervention, thereby enhancing the efficacy of PIT as a cure for diabetes. ..
- Effects of brain-death on islet recovery and functional*John Thompson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Overall, these studies will bring novel information about human islet biology and will provide c potential therapeutic strategy to enhance the therapeutic efficacy of PIT as a cure for diabetes. ..
- Glial cell differentiation and glioma formationMARILYN RESH; Fiscal Year: 2006..The activity of the above proteins in human glioma tumor samples will be determined. ..
- The Unfolding of Marfan SyndromeALANA MAJORS; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will also examine the extracellular matrix at the ultrastructural level and will assess the role of ER stress in MFS. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The ER Stress Response and ATF6 Activation in the HeartCHRISTOPHER GLEMBOTSKI; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ERSR has gone virtually unstudied in the heart; accordingly, the proposed studies are novel and will enhance our understanding of the ERSR and the roles played by ATF6 alpha and beta in the stressed myocardium. ..
- Estrogen and Aging effects on Transvaginal TransportGeorge Gorodeski; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Genetics of Integrin Collagen ReceptorsThomas Kunicki; Fiscal Year: 2007..From a clinical standpoint, these studies will also reveal the impact of these gene differences on risk for adverse events in bleeding disorders such as Von Willebrand Disease. ..
- Control of lymphomagenesis by ATM through ROS, mTOR and PP2A signalingMingshan Yan; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ROLE OF CALSEQUESTRIN AND ITS PHOSPHORYLATION IN HEARTSteven Cala; Fiscal Year: 2008..Comparing frozen tissue samples of control and heart failure, we will determine whether triadin-1 glycans are a so defective, and whether differences exist in ER/Golgi mannosidases. ..
- Promotion of Nucleoside Analog Induced Apoptosis by HDIsSteven Grant; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Flavopiridol / Bortezomib in Myeloma / B-Cell NeoplasmsSteven Grant; Fiscal Year: 2008..PERFORMANCE SITE ========================================Section End=========================================== ..