Genomes and Genes
pituitary hormone releasing hormones
Summary: Hormones released by one structure (e.g., the hypothalamus or the thyroid gland) that effect the secretion of hormones from the pituitary gland.
Publications173 found, 100 shown here
- An improved computational method to assess pituitary responsiveness to secretagogue stimuliAlessandro Sartorio
Laboratorio Sperimentale di Ricerche Endocrinologiche, Istituto Auxologico Italiano, IRCCS, Milan, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 147:323-32. 2002..The objective was to introduce and validate an easy-to-compute responsiveness index, robust in the face of measurement errors and interindividual variability of kinetics parameters...
- Transgenic studies on the regulation of the anterior pituitary gland function by the hypothalamusSara Wells
Molecular Neuroendocrinology Research Group, University Research Centre for Neuroendocrinology, University of Bristol, Bristol Royal Infirmary, UK
Front Neuroendocrinol 24:11-26. 2003....
- Characterization of a 41-residue ovine hypothalamic peptide that stimulates secretion of corticotropin and beta-endorphinW Vale
Science 213:1394-7. 1981
- Luteinizing hormone stimulates the formation of inositol trisphosphate and cyclic AMP in rat granulosa cells. Evidence for phospholipase C generated second messengers in the action of luteinizing hormoneJ S Davis
Biochem J 238:597-604. 1986..Our findings suggest that two messenger systems exist to mediate the action of LH in granulosa cells...
- Brain grafts reverse hypogonadism of gonadotropin releasing hormone deficiencyD T Krieger
Nature 298:468-71. 1982..The testes were enlarged and had descended into the scrotum. Evidence of full spermatogenesis and interstitial cell development was present in testicular sections. No such effects were seen with transplants of cortical tissue...
- On the tryptophan residue in porcine LH and FSH-releasing hormoneY Baba
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 45:483-7. 1971
- Structure of the porcine LH- and FSH-releasing hormone. II. Confirmation of the proposed structure by conventional sequential analysesY Baba
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 44:459-63. 1971
- Synthesis of the porcine LH- and FSH-releasing hormone by the solid-phase methodH Matsuo
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 45:822-7. 1971
- Primary structure of the ovine hypothalamic luteinizing hormone-releasing factor (LRF) (LH-hypothalamus-LRF-gas chromatography-mass spectrometry-decapeptide-Edman degradation)R Burgus
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 69:278-82. 1972..The synthetic decapeptide possesses the same biological activities as the native ovine LRF. The amino-acid sequence of ovine LRF is identical to that already published for porcine LRF...
- Development of radioimmunoassay for bullfrog thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH): effects of hypothalamic releasing hormones on the release of TSH from the pituitary in vitroReiko Okada
Department of Biology, School of Education, Waseda University, Nishiwaseda 1 6 1, Shinjuku ku, 169 8050, Tokyo, Japan
Gen Comp Endocrinol 135:42-50. 2004....
- Regulation of hypophysiotrophic corticotrophin-releasing hormone- and thyrotrophin-releasing hormone-synthesising neurones by brainstem catecholaminergic neuronesG Wittmann
Department of Endocrine Neurobiology, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
J Neuroendocrinol 20:952-60. 2008..The present review summarises the data obtained in recent years concerning the functional significance of the catecholaminergic innervation of hypophysiotrophic CRH and TRH neurones in rats...
- Endocrine function is not impaired in patients with a continuous MicroMed-DeBakey axial flow pumpGeorg M Wieselthaler
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133:2-6. 2007..Patients with implanted MicroMed-DeBakey axial pumps show nonphysiologic low-pulsatile blood flow profiles, and therefore it appeared to be of interest to evaluate their possible effect on the endocrine system...
- Chronology of advances in neuroendocrine immunomodulationSamuel M McCann
Centro de Estudios Farmacologicos y Botanicos, Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1088:1-11. 2006..All of these transmitters are controlled by neuronal transmitters. We anticipate further rapid progress and clinical application of these transmitters and the discovery of new ones...
- Effects of oxytocin alone and in combination with selected hypothalamic hormones on ACTH, beta-endorphin, LH and PRL secretion by anterior pituitary cells of cyclic pigsGenowefa Kotwica
Department of Animal Physiology, University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, 10 719 Olsztyn Kortowo, ul Oczapowskiego 1A, Poland
Reprod Biol 6:115-31. 2006..Moreover, interaction between OT and CRH in affecting beta-endorphin secretion was shown. These results suggest that OT may be transiently involved in the modulation of anterior pituitary hormone secretion in cyclic pigs...
- Regulative actions of the Chinese drugs for tonifying the kidney on gene expression of the hypothalamic GnRH, pituitary FSH, LH and osteoblastic BGPDepei Cai
Pediatric Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Medical University, Shanghai 200032, China
J Tradit Chin Med 25:58-61. 2005....
- Stimulatory effects of gonadotropin-releasing hormone and dopamine on growth hormone release and growth hormone mRNA expression in Epinephelus coioidesXue Qin Ran
Institute of Aquatic Economic Animals and Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory for Aquatic Economic Animals, Zhongshan University, Guangzhou 510275, China
Sheng Li Xue Bao 56:644-50. 2004..These results demonstrate that both GnRH and DA directly stimulate GH release and GH mRNA expression at the pituitary level, the actions of GnRH are more potent than that of DA in orange-spotted grouper...
- Emerging functions for tuberoinfundibular peptide of 39 residuesTed B Usdin
Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Building 36 Room 3D06, 36 Convent Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892 4094, USA
Trends Endocrinol Metab 14:14-9. 2003..Injection of TIP39, and sequestration of endogenous TIP39 by intrathecal injection of an antibody to TIP39, have provided evidence that it is involved in some aspects of pain sensitivity. Thus, TIP39 might be a new neuromodulator...
- The rat gonadotropin-releasing hormone: SH locus: structure and hypothalamic expressionC T Bond
Department of Cell Biology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201
Mol Endocrinol 3:1257-62. 1989..The SH gene contains at least two distinct promoters, from which two populations of transcripts are derived containing unique 5'-sequences spliced to a common 3'-region...
- GnRH stimulates expression of PACAP in the pituitary gonadotropes via both the PKA and PKC signaling systemsConstance M Grafer
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9032, USA
Mol Endocrinol 23:1022-32. 2009..Because both PACAP and GnRH regulate gonadotropin biosynthesis and secretion, these results provide important insight into the critical fine tuning of gonadotrope function and, thereby, the maintenance of normal reproductive function...
- Cloning of a cDNA encoding an ectoenzyme that degrades thyrotropin-releasing hormoneB Schauder
Max Planck Institut fur Experimentelle Endokrinologie, Hannover, Federal Republic of Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:9534-8. 1994..Finally, transient transfection of COS-7 cells with this cDNA led to the expression of an active ectopeptidase that displayed the characteristics of the TRH-degrading ectoenzyme...
- Neuroendocrine control of food intakeElena Valassi
Chair of Endocrinology, University of Milan, Ospedale San Luca IRCCS, Istituto Auxologico Italiano, Via Spagnoletto 3, 20149 Milan, Italy
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 18:158-68. 2008..In conclusion, the present work reviews the most recent insights into the complex and redundant molecular mechanisms regulating food intake, focusing on the most encouraging perspectives for the treatment of obesity...
- Excess corticotropin releasing hormone-binding protein in the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in transgenic miceH L Burrows
Cellular and Molecular Biology Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Clin Invest 101:1439-47. 1998..Alterations in CRH and AVP in response to elevated pituitary CRH-BP clearly demonstrate that regulation of CRH-BP is important in the function of the HPA axis...
- Usefulness of the free alpha-subunit to diagnose hypogonadotropic hypogonadismAlberto Scofano Mainieri
Adolescent Medical Service and Endocrinology Service, , Brazil
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 59:307-13. 2003..This distinction allows early investigation and treatment of patients with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and reassurance for those with constitutional delay of growth and puberty...
- Mating and pregnancy can occur in genetically hypogonadal mice with preoptic area brain graftsM J Gibson
Science 225:949-51. 1984..Immunocytochemistry revealed GnRH-containing neurons in the grafts and GnRH-containing processes extending to the lateral median eminence of the host brains...
- The parathyroid hormone 2 (PTH2) receptorT B Usdin
Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute of Mental Health, Building 36 Room 3D06, 36 Convent Drive, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4094, USA
Receptors Channels 8:211-8. 2002..Functional hypotheses based on the receptor's distribution are being tested. Recent data support involvement in hypothalamic releasing-factor secretion and pain...
- Leukotriene C4-induced release of LHRH into the hypophyseal portal blood and of LH into the peripheral bloodM Saadi
Institut Pasteur, URIA, INSERM U 207, Paris, France
Life Sci 46:1857-65. 1990..Then the action of LTC4 on LH release in vivo is quite different from the indirect action of PGE2...
- Temperature dependence of in vitro pituitary, testis, and thyroid secretion in a turtle, Pseudemys scriptaP Licht
Department of Zoology, University of California, Berkeley 94720
Gen Comp Endocrinol 76:274-85. 1989..Results were similar for sea turtle LH, snapping turtle LH, and ovine follicle-stimulating hormone. Thus, the temperature dependence of the two endocrine systems may have a different rate-limiting component...
- Is the retrieval of high numbers of oocytes desirable in patients treated with gonadotrophin-releasing hormone analogues (GnRHa) and gonadotrophins?A Pellicer
Department of Paediatrics, Valencia University School of Medicine, Spain
Hum Reprod 4:536-40. 1989..The implantation rate per embryo transferred was significantly (P less than 0.05) higher in group 1 (16.5%) in comparison with groups 2 (6.6%) and 3 (8.2%).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- [Analogs of GnRH and fertilization in vitro. Value of the use of GnRH analogs in the stimulation and monitoring of ovulation for fertilization in vitro]D Vauthier
, , Paris
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 16:1075-8. 1987..They make it easier to programme oocyte recovery. They avoid an endogenous surge of LH, and they particularly seemed to increase significantly the percentage of pregnancies that continue after embryo transfer...
- Catecholamine and blood pressure regulation by gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogs in amphibiansJ X Wilson
Department of Physiology, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 65:2379-85. 1987..These observations are consistent with a physiological role for native GnRH analogs in the regulation of the sympathoadrenal system in anuran amphibians...
- Secretion rates and short-term patterns of gonadotrophin-releasing hormone, FSH and LH in the normal stallion in the breeding seasonC H Irvine
Veterinary Science Department, Lincoln College, Canterbury, New Zealand
J Endocrinol 117:197-206. 1988..Furthermore, decreasing intervals between gonadotrophin pulses result in a significant reduction in secretion of FSH but not LH...
- Photoperiodic regulation of reproduction in the male silver fox (Vulpes vulpes)M Forsberg
Department of Clinical Chemistry, College of Veterinary Medicine, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala
J Reprod Fertil 87:115-23. 1989..These males displayed testicular regression soon after the change in photoperiod but maintained their capacity for testicular redevelopment during the following breeding season.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Chloride channels mediate the response to gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) in Xenopus oocytes injected with rat anterior pituitary mRNAS Yoshida
MRC Reproductive Biology Unit, Centre for Reproductive Biology, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Mol Endocrinol 3:1953-60. 1989..1-0.2 mM). It is concluded that GnRH (and TRH) receptors, expressed in Xenopus oocytes by injecting exogenous mRNA from rat anterior pituitary glands, operate via activation of Ca2+-dependent Cl- channels...
- In the rat, interleukin-1 alpha acts at the level of the brain and the gonads to interfere with gonadotropin and sex steroid secretionC Rivier
Clayton Foundation Laboratories for Peptide Biology, Salk Institute, La Jolla, California 92037
Endocrinology 124:2105-9. 1989..The results support possible roles for Il-1 alpha at the levels of the brain and the gonads, but not the pituitary, to inhibit reproductive functions...
- The oestrogen-induced surge of LH requires a 'signal' pattern of gonadotrophin-releasing hormone input to the pituitary gland in the eweI J Clarke
Medical Research Centre, Prince Henry s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Endocrinol 122:127-34. 1989..These results suggest that the oestrogen-induced LH surge is initiated by a 'signal' pattern of GnRH secretion from the hypothalamus...
- The effects of pulsatile GnRH infusion upon the diurnal variations in serum LH and testosterone in pre-pubertal and pubertal boysD Gordon
University Department of Medicine, Royal Infirmary, Glasgow
Acta Endocrinol (Copenh) 121:241-5. 1989..Diurnal variation in LH and testosterone secretion, therefore, is maintained during exogenous GnRH administration to pre-pubertal and pubertal boys. Response to exogenous GnRH pulses may be significantly influenced by endogenous GnRH...
- Characteristics of an antigonadotrophic GnRH-like protein in the ovaries of diverse mammalsH R Behrman
Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510
J Reprod Fertil Suppl 37:189-94. 1989..The presence of this antigonadotrophic GnRH-like protein in the ovaries of diverse species raises the possibility that it may represent a novel paracrine regulator of ovarian function...
- Functional relationship between receptor binding and biological activity for analogs of mammalian and salmon gonadotropin-releasing hormones in the pituitary of goldfish (Carassius auratus)H R Habibi
Department of Zoology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Biol Reprod 40:1152-61. 1989..The most active sGnRH analog identified to date is [D-Arg6, Pro9-NEt]-sGnRH...
- The combined suppression/stimulation therapy in IVF-ET programmes: expectations and factsV Insler
Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Soroka Medical Centre, Beer Sheba, Israel
Hum Reprod 4:47-51. 1989....
- Requirement of extracellular calcium in fish pituitary gonadotropin release by gonadotropin hormone-releasing hormoneM Jamaluddin
Department of Zoology, School of Life Sciences, Visva Bharati University, Santiniketan, West Bengal, India
Gen Comp Endocrinol 74:190-8. 1989..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Effects of 31 kDa bovine inhibin on FSH and LH in rat pituitary cells in vitro: antagonism of gonadotrophin-releasing hormone agonistsP G Farnworth
Medical Research Centre, Prince Henry s Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Endocrinol 119:233-41. 1988..After a 3-day pretreatment, inhibin inhibited gonadotrophin release by buserelin less effectively than that by GnRH, but the pattern of antagonism was the same.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Effects of morphine and naloxone on plasma levels of LH, FSH, prolactin and growth hormone in the immature male pigV L Trudeau
Department of Functional Morphology, State University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Endocrinol 119:501-8. 1988..0 nmol/l) levels. These results suggest that in young male pigs the hypothalamic-hypophysial axis is responsive to GnRH and gonadal negative feedback.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Study of the source(s) of hyperandrogenism in women with idiopathic hirsutismV Leite
, , Lisboa, Portugal
Horm Metab Res 22:499-503. 1990....
- Effect of active and passive immunization of male and female rats with a recombinantly expressed bonnet monkey pituitary GnRH receptor fragmentSumana Santra
Department of Biochemistry, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
Am J Reprod Immunol 48:117-25. 2002..However, in the female rats, active immunization with the receptor fragment did not have any effect on the gonadal steroid levels but had a selective effect on the uterine morphology...
- Thymocytes express a mRNA that is identical to hypothalamic luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone mRNAC C Maier
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Alamaba, Birmingham 35294 0005
Cell Mol Neurobiol 12:447-54. 1992..4. This is the first report showing conclusively that cell of the immune system transcribe the authentic mRNA for a hypothalamic releasing factor, LHRH...
- Acute administration of estrogen suppresses LH secretion without altering GnRH release in ovariectomized rhesus macaquesK Y Pau
Division of Reproductive Biology and Behavior, Oregon Regional Primate Research Center, Beaverton 97006
Brain Res 517:229-35. 1990..2). Conversely, plasma LH release in response to exogenous GnRH was greatly reduced after EB (Expt. 3).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Effect of maternal treatment with altrenogest on pituitary response to exogenous GnRH in pubertal stallionsJ Naden
Animal Reproduction Laboratory, Colorado State University, Fort Collins 80523
J Reprod Fertil 88:177-83. 1990..The GnRH-induced gonadotrophin release remained low with a transient increase at 72 weeks for both hormones.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Phenotypic characterization of multi-functional somatotropes, mammotropes and gonadotropes of the mouse anterior pituitaryCarlos Villalobos
Departamento de Fisiologia y Bioquimica, Facultad de Medicina, Instituto de Biología y Genética Molecular IBGM, Universidad de Valladolid and Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Ramón y Cajal 7, 47005 Valladolid, Spain
Pflugers Arch 449:257-64. 2004....
- Persistence of immunoreactive TRH and GnRH in long-term primary anterior pituitary culturesV May
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy and Pharmacology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL
Peptides 8:543-58. 1987..These studies suggest that the pituitary TRH and GnRH immunoreactivities may not be completely of hypothalamic origin, but may also be endogenous to a subpopulation of unique multihormonal pituitary cells...
- Peripubertal changes in the nature of the GnRH response to alpha-adrenoceptor stimulation in vitro and their modulation by testosteroneG Leposavic
Department of Pharmacology, Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School, London, UK
Neuroendocrinology 52:82-9. 1990..Studies utilizing 3H-prazosin indicated that the number (Bmax) of hypothalamic alpha 1-adrenoceptor binding sites increases at puberty but that receptor affinity (KD) is unchanged.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Progesterone does not inhibit the increase in pituitary content of luteinizing hormone after removal of estradiol in the eweC Tamanini
Department of Physiology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins
Acta Endocrinol (Copenh) 118:193-8. 1988..LH release in response to GnRH in -E+P and -E-P groups had increased by 6 and 9 weeks and was not different from that of C ewes.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- The patterns of [14C]2-deoxyglucose uptake in female rat brain produced by electrical stimulation of hypothalamic and limbic brain areasR C Maxwell
MRC Brain Metabolism Unit, University Department of Pharmacology, Edinburgh
Neuroscience 24:241-63. 1988....
- Regulation of pituitary alpha-subunit, beta-luteinizing hormone and prolactin messenger ribonucleic acid by gonadotropin-releasing hormone and estradiol in hypogonadal miceH F Stanley
Medical Research Council Brain Metabolism Unit, Royal Edinburgh Hospital, Morningside Park, Scotland
Mol Endocrinol 2:1302-10. 1988..Although EB does have direct effects upon pituitary gonadotropin content in hpg mice, the absence of significant changes in alpha- and beta-LH mRNA suggests that these effects may be largely posttranscriptional...
- The effect of long-term pulsatile GnRH administration on the 24-hour integrated concentration of GH in hypogonadotropic hypogonadic patientsM Giusti
ISMI, Cattedra di Endocrinologia, , Italy
Acta Endocrinol (Copenh) 120:724-8. 1989..These data further confirm that a physiological increase in gonadotropins and sex steroids can modulate GH synthesis and/or release...
- Combined immunohistochemistry for gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) and pro-GnRH, and in situ hybridization for GnRH messenger ribonucleic acid in rat brainO K Ronnekleiv
Department of Physiology, Vollum Institute for Advanced Biomedical Research, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201
Mol Endocrinol 3:363-71. 1989..Further work will determine how each of the molecular components is regulated during different reproductive states...
- Neuroendocrinology of the normal menstrual cycleG D Hodgen
Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk 23510
J Reprod Med 34:68-75. 1989..Diagnosis and treatment of infertility are based on these physiologic processes, as is contraceptive intervention. Feedback stimulation and inhibition orchestrate fertility...
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone activates phospholipase D in ovarian granulosa cells. Possible role in signal transductionM Liscovitch
Department of Hormone Research, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
J Biol Chem 264:11762-7. 1989..Phospholipase D activity can be independently regulated also by protein kinase C. The possible interrelationships between phospholipase D and other phospholipases which may be activated by GnRH in these ovarian cells are discussed...
- Effects of changing gonadotrophin-releasing hormone pulse frequency on gonadotrophin secretion in menS E Sauder
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 28:647-56. 1988....
- Effect of estradiol and tamoxifen on GnRH self-priming in perifused rat adenohypophysial cellsP O Cover
Department of Pharmacology, Charing Cross and Westminster Medical School, London, UK
Acta Endocrinol (Copenh) 121:365-73. 1989....
- Pharmacological manipulation of sexual behaviour in stallionsS M McDonnell
University of Pennsylvania, School of Veterinary Medicine, New Bolton Center, Kennett Square 19348
J Reprod Fertil Suppl 35:45-9. 1987..Diazepam treatment also blocked the negative effect of novel environment on sexual response. The dibenzazepines imipramine and clomipramine induced erection, masturbation, and ejaculation in the absence of a sexual stimulus...
- Chronic GnRH administration in prepubertal male pigs. A model to evaluate the effects of GnRH treatment in cryptorchidismG Dijkstra
Department of Anatomy, School of Veterinary Medicine, State University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Acta Endocrinol (Copenh) 118:109-18. 1988..The development of the seminiferous epithelium was more advanced in the GnRH-treated groups, apparently in a dose-dependent manner...
- Acute administration of melatonin at two opposite circadian stages does not change responses to gonadotropin releasing hormone, thyrotropin releasing hormone and ACTH in healthy adult malesP Paccotti
Dipartimento di Biomedicina, Ospedale S Vito, Torino, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 10:471-7. 1987..The circadian chronosusceptibility of pituitary and adrenocortical cells to specific stimuli deserves interest to future investigation...
- Use of push-pull perfusion techniques in studies of gonadotrophin-releasing hormone secretion in maresD C Sharp
Department of Animal Science, University of Florida, Gainesville 32611
J Reprod Fertil Suppl 35:289-96. 1987..These results suggest that GnRH secretion is increased in early transition, thus accounting for the increased FSH secretion that takes place then, but LH is not increased.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Characterization of rat pituitary cells by their responses to hypothalamic releasing hormonesK Kasahara
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka University Medical School, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 199:1436-41. 1994..There is also some relationship between the populations responding to other pairs of releasing hormones. These findings suggest functional overlapping among each population of pituitary cells...
- [GnRH and its analogs--structure, mechanism of action and therapeutic applications]G Schaison
Service d endocrinologie, , France
J Steroid Biochem 33:795-9. 1989..In contrast, GnRH antagonists compete with GnRH for its receptors and have an immediate and sustained suppressive effect on LH and FSH secretion. GnRH analogs are useful tools to study the gonadotropin regulation...
- Quantitative analysis of synaptic input to gonadotropin-releasing hormone neurons in normal mice and hpg mice with preoptic area graftsA J Silverman
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032
Brain Res 443:367-72. 1988..The sources of variability within the grafts are discussed and we suggest that the deficiencies and differences that exist in regulation of gonadotropin secretion among grafted hpg animals may be reflected in aberrant synaptic input...
- Pyroglutamyl peptidase: an overview of the three known enzymatic formsP M Cummins
School of Biological Sciences, Dublin City University, Dublin, Ireland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1429:1-17. 1998..Pyroglutamyl peptidase activities isolated and characterized from bacterial sources are also reviewed and compared with their mammalian counterparts...
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone-induced luteinizing hormone release in heifers: effect of nutrition during gestationJ H Killen
Texas A and M University
J Anim Sci 67:496-500. 1989..After parturition, mean LH peak amplitude and area under the response curve averaged 50% less (P less than .10) in the BW loss and maintenance groups than in the BW gain group.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Qualitative changes in luteinizing hormone and prolactin responses to N-methyl-aspartic acid during lactation in the ratC R Pohl
Department of Physiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pennsylvania 15261
Endocrinology 124:1905-11. 1989....
- Role of voltage-sensitive calcium channels in [Ca2+]i and secretory responses to activators of protein kinase C in pituitary gonadotrophsS Izumi
Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, National Institutes of Child Health and Human Development, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 170:359-67. 1990....
- Normal or early development of puberty despite gonadal damage in children treated for acute lymphoblastic leukemiaC Quigley
Institute of Endocrinology, Royal Alexandra Hospital for Children, Camperdown, Australia
N Engl J Med 321:143-51. 1989....
- Eye movement disorders in men with isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadismG A Chrousos
Center for Sight, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007
Ophthalmic Paediatr Genet 11:31-4. 1990....
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone binding sites in ovaries of normal cycling and persistent-estrus ratsK Koves
U S Japan Biomedical Research Laboratories, Tulane University Hebert Center, Belle Chase, Louisiana 70037
Biol Reprod 41:505-11. 1989..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Sexual performance of old and young male rhesus macaques following treatment with GnRHC H Phoenix
Oregon Regional Primate Research Center, Department of Reproductive Biology and Behavior, Beaverton 97006
Physiol Behav 47:513-7. 1990..For both old and young intact males serum levels of LH and T increased significantly after treatment with both doses of GnRH. LH but not T levels increased significantly in the T-implanted males...
- Biochemical and biophysical indices of follicular development in spontaneous and stimulated ovulatory cyclesG T Fossum
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles
Obstet Gynecol 75:407-11. 1990..83, P less than .001). However, in human menopausal gonadotropins-stimulated cycles, both serum E2 levels and ultrasonographic evaluation were necessary to decide the best time for hCG administration (r = 0.55, P less than .001)...
- Neuroendocrine, behavioral, and morphological changes associated with the termination of the reproductive period in a natural population of male rough-skinned newts (Taricha granulosa)P Deviche
Institute of Arctic Biology, University of Alaska Fairbanks 99775 0180
Horm Behav 24:284-300. 1990..These results are discussed in view of our current knowledge of the endocrine mechanisms that regulate sexual behaviors and secondary sex characteristics in male amphibians...
- Hypogonadism in untreated male normoprolactinaemic acromegalicsW E de Lange
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Groningen
Neth J Med 36:191-5. 1990....
- Chromatographic and immunological evidence for mammalian GnRH and chicken GnRH II in eel (Anguilla anguilla) brain and pituitaryJ A King
Department of Chemical Pathology, University of Cape Town Medical School, South Africa
Peptides 11:507-14. 1990....
- The nature of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone stimulus-luteinizing hormone secretory response of human gonadotrophs in vivoJ D Veldhuis
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville 22908
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 68:661-70. 1989..We conclude that GnRH exerts dose-dependent effects on specific attributes of the secretory response of human gonadotrophs in vivo...
- A norepinephrine-dependent mechanism in the preoptic/anterior hypothalamic area but not in the mediobasal hypothalamus is involved in the regulation of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone pulse generator in ovariectomized ratsH Jarry
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, , FRG
Neuroendocrinology 51:337-44. 1990..Brain perfusates were subjected to high-performance liquid chromatography-electrochemical analysis. In blood samples LH concentrations were determined.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Similar effects of inhibin and cycloheximide on gonadotropin release in superfused pituitary cell culturesA Jakubowiak
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Texas Medical School, Houston 77030
Biol Reprod 41:454-63. 1989..These data support the hypothesis that inhibition of gonadotropin synthesis may be an important step in the molecular mechanism of action by which inhibin regulates gonadotropin release...
- Contraceptive potential of RU 486 by ovulation inhibition: II. Suppression of pituitary gonadotropin secretion in vitroJ P Wolf
, Paris, France
Contraception 40:185-93. 1989..This inhibition of gonadotropin secretion was specific and antagonized by addition of progesterone in vitro...
- Fishy tales of prolactin-releasing peptideTatsuya Sakamoto
Ushimado Marine Laboratory, Okayama University, Okayama 701 4303, Japan
Int Rev Cytol 225:91-130. 2003..Moreover, it plays a direct role in hypertension and retinal information processing. It is the purpose of this review to provide a comprehensive survey of our current knowledge of PrRP and to provide a comparative point of view...
- Combined pituitary stimulation test: interactions of hypothalamic releasing hormones in manR W Holl
Department of Pediatrics, University of Ulm, West Germany
J Endocrinol Invest 11:219-23. 1988..05). This exaggerated TSH-response to TRH was demonstrated to be entirely due to simultaneous administration of GRF, whereas CRF and LHRH in combination with TRH had no additional effect on TSH release.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Gonadal regulation of corticotropin-releasing factor immunoreactivity in hypothalamusD A Haas
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Brain Res Bull 20:361-7. 1988..Chronic estradiol treatment decreased hypothalamic CRF-ir, by a non-pituitary mechanism. These data show significant effects of the gonadal axis in the regulation of CRF in the hypothalamus in both sexes...
- Pulsatile infusion of gonadotrophin releasing hormone (GnRH): investigative and therapeutic applicationsI A Sutherland
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St Mary s Hospital Medical School, London, UK
J Biomed Eng 10:110-2. 1988..There was only one multiple pregnancy (twins)...
- Detection of testicular endocrine abnormalities and their correlation with serum antisperm antibodies in men following vasectomyH Fisch
Department of Urology, Einstein Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York
J Urol 141:1129-32. 1989..In addition, serum antisperm antibodies are most likely to be present in men who demonstrate normal seminiferous tubular activity after vasectomy...
- The efficacy of every-other-day administration of gonadotropin-releasing hormone in women with hypothalamic amenorrhea: gonadotropin-releasing hormone treatment can induce clomiphene responsivenessF Kotsuji
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Fukui Medical School, Japan
Obstet Gynecol 71:615-21. 1988..In normogonadotropic women, gonadotropin-releasing hormone treatment may be useful in those who have been amenorrheic for less than a year...
- Culture of functionally active human pituitary cells: investigation of gonadotropin regulationP J Wormald
Department of Chemical Pathology, University of Cape Town Medical School, Observatory, Republic of South Africa
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 66:1272-7. 1988..We conclude that functionally active cells can be cultured from human pituitaries obtained postmortem and that the mechanism of GnRH action and the relative potencies of GnRH analogs closely parallel those in the rat...
- Pituitary and Leydig cell function in boars actively immunized against gonadotrophin-releasing hormoneC A Awoniyi
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL 62901
J Reprod Fertil 84:295-302. 1988..05) in GnRH-immunized boars. These results indicate that active immunization against GnRH impairs pituitary and Leydig cell functions in boars...
- The effect of HCG supplementation after combined GnRH agonist/HMG treatment in an IVF programmeJ Belaisch Allart
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, , Clamart, France
Hum Reprod 5:163-6. 1990..7 versus 9.3). This is the first truly objective (randomized) study demonstrating the beneficial effect of supporting the luteal phase in an IVF programme...
- Simultaneous effect of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) on the expression of two gonadotropin beta genes by passive immunization to GnRHY Kato
Hormone Assay Center, Gunma University, Japan
Mol Cell Endocrinol 62:135-9. 1989..0-fold for alpha, 1.2-fold for LH beta and 1.1-fold for FSH beta relative to the respective control values. These results showed that the two gonadotropin beta genes respond more rapidly to GnRH action that the common alpha gene...
- Effects of progesterone and weaning on LH and FSH responses to naloxone in postpartum beef cowsJ C Cross
Department of Veterinary Physiological Sciences, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
Domest Anim Endocrinol 4:111-22. 1987..We conclude that LH release in the early postpartum cow is partially regulated by endogenous opioid peptides. We were unable to detect any effects on FSH secretion nor on pituitary sensitivity to exogenous GnRH...
- Circulating inhibin alpha concentrations in infant, prepubertal, and adult male rhesus monkeys (Macaca mulatta) and in juvenile males during premature initiation of puberty with pulsatile gonadotropin-releasing hormone treatmentS A Abeyawardene
Department of Physiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pennsylvania 15261
Endocrinology 125:250-6. 1989..The results also fail to provide evidence for the view that changes in circulating inhibin concentrations are robustly related, in an inve..
- Normal neonatal surge of gonadotrophins and sex steroids in infants of men with isolated hypogonadotrophic hypogonadismS R Rose
Developmental Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, MD
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 29:577-82. 1988....
- The endocrinology of varicocelesR W Hudson
Faculty of Medicine, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Fertil Steril 49:199-208. 1988..As our knowledge of the paracrine system within the testis increases, so should our understanding of the mechanisms involved in the association of varicoceles and infertility...
- Pulsatile administration of gonadotrophin-releasing hormone stimulates, in oestrogen-treated anaesthetized ovariectomized ewes, a surge release of LH qualitatively and quantitatively different from that induced by oestradiol in conscious ovariectomized ewP J Wright
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, University of Melbourne, Werribee, Victoria, Australia
J Endocrinol 116:143-8. 1988....
- Clinical applications of gonadotrophin-releasing hormone and its analoguesG Bartfai
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Medical School of Szeged, Hungary
Hum Reprod 3:51-7. 1988..They are more valuable in the treatment of endometriosis, hormone-dependent cancers, the polycystic ovary and for the induction of ovulation for in-vitro fertilization...
- [In situ biosynthesis of LH in cultured anterior pituitary cells: effects of GnRH]R Counis
Laboratorie des Hormones Polypeptidiques, CNRS, Gif sur Yvette, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 35:1147-51. 1987..This stimulatory effect of GnRH was more pronounced for the highly glycosylated forms of alpha (23 and 25 K) compared to the 16 and 21 K forms.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Effects of a gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist on sexual behavior in male rhesus monkeys (Macaca mulatta)J J Turner
Division of Neurobiology, Yerkes Regional Primate Research Center, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
Fertil Steril 53:578-80. 1990..The normal, seasonal cessation of sexual behavior in male rhesus monkeys may result from changes in behavioral sensitivity to circulating androgens...
- Combined anterior pituitary function test using CRH, GRH, LH-RH, TRH and vasopressin in patients with non-functioning pituitary tumorsK Hashimoto
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Okayama University Medical School, Japan
Acta Med Okayama 44:141-7. 1990..No subjects experienced any serious adverse effects related to the testing. These results suggest that combined testing with hypothalamic hormones is a convenient and useful method for evaluating pituitary function...
- GALANIN REGULATION OF PITUITARY REPRODUCTIVE HORMONESANGELA BAUER DANTOIN; Fiscal Year: 1999..abstract_text> ..
- Corticotropin-Releasing Hormone-Binding ProteinAUDREY SEASHOLTZ; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- ProTRH sorting to the regulated secretory pathwayEDUARDO NILLNI; Fiscal Year: 2006..The sorting of the proTRH N- and C-terminal fragments is routed to two different pathways. Aim 4. The tertiary structure of proTRH contributes to its processing by PC1 and PC2 and further sorting to the RSP. ..
- PROTRH GENE TRANSCRIPTION AND BIOSYNTHESES BY LEPTINEDUARDO NILLNI; Fiscal Year: 2008..B) Since the melanocortin system represents the indirect pathway of action on TRH neurons, we will also determine whether alpha- MSH affects the biosynthesis, maturation and activity of PCI, PC2, proSAAS, 7B2 and CPE. ..