antisense elements genetics
Summary: Nucleic acids which hybridize to complementary sequences in other target nucleic acids causing the function of the latter to be affected.
- Conservation of amelogenin gene expression during tetrapod evolutionNathalie Assaraf-Weill
UMR 7138, Research Group Evolution and Development of the Skeleton, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol 320:200-9. 2013..These findings indicate that high variations in the central region of AMEL have not modified its temporospatial expression during amelogenesis for 360 million years of tetrapod evolution...
- A new PCR-based approach for the preparation of RNA probeTakuya Suzuki
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Biochem Biophys Methods 62:251-8. 2005..Recently, real-time PCR and ISH are required to validate microarray results quantitatively and qualitatively. This technique can be expected to facilitate the high-throughput validation of transcripts detected by microarrays...
- In situ localization and chromosomal mapping of the AG1 (Dmp1) geneA George
Division of Oral Biology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois
J Histochem Cytochem 42:1527-31. 1994..This is the locus for the human tooth mineralization disorder dentinogenesis imperfecta Type II (DI-II). These data suggest that the Dmp1 gene is involved in mineralization and is a candidate gene for DI-II...
- Upregulation of the NNP-1 (novel nuclear protein-1, D21S2056E) gene in keloid tissue determined by cDNA microarray and in situ hybridizationG Y Na
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, Kyungpook National University, 50 Samdeok 2 ga, Chung gu, Daegu 700 721, Korea
Br J Dermatol 151:1143-9. 2004..A keloid results from excessive collagen deposition, the cause of which remains elusive. A thorough understanding of the pathophysiology of keloid tissue can help determine the most appropriate treatment strategy...
- [Cloning of gene fragment of estrogen receptor-beta and its expression in mouse embryo]Zi feng Zhang
School of Life Science, Xuzhou Normal University, Xuzhou 221116, China
Yi Chuan 30:347-51. 2008....
- Expression of the polymeric Immunoglobulin Receptor (pIgR) in mucosal tissues of common carp (Cyprinus carpio L.)J H W M Rombout
Cell Biology and Immunology Group, Department of Animal Sciences, Wageningen University, PO Box 338, 6700 AH Wageningen, The Netherlands
Fish Shellfish Immunol 24:620-8. 2008..The relevance of pIgR staining and gene expression in mucosal organs is discussed...
- Zebrafish collagen XII is present in embryonic connective tissue sheaths (fascia) and basement membranesHannah L Bader
Universite de Lyon, Universite Lyon 1, France
Matrix Biol 28:32-43. 2009..These data suggest that collagen XII is implicated in tissue cohesion by stabilizing fascia and by linking fascia to basement membranes...