Genomes and Genes
Summary: An alkylating nitrogen mustard that is used as an antineoplastic in the form of the levo isomer - MELPHALAN, the racemic mixture - MERPHALAN, and the dextro isomer - MEDPHALAN; toxic to bone marrow, but little vesicant action; potential carcinogen.
Publications311 found, 100 shown here
- Prospective oral mucositis audit: oral mucositis in patients receiving high-dose melphalan or BEAM conditioning chemotherapy--European Blood and Marrow Transplantation Mucositis Advisory GroupNicole Blijlevens
Department of Hematology, University Medical Center St Radboud, PO Box 9101 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 26:1519-25. 2008....
- Genotypic and phenotypic comparisons of de novo and acquired melphalan resistance in an isogenic multiple myeloma cell line modelLori A Hazlehurst
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, at the University of South Florida, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Cancer Res 63:7900-6. 2003..To examine mechanisms of cellular resistance to melphalan, we compared genotypic and phenotypic profiles of acquired and de novo melphalan resistance in an isogenic human ..
- Bortezomib, melphalan, and prednisone versus bortezomib, thalidomide, and prednisone as induction therapy followed by maintenance treatment with bortezomib and thalidomide versus bortezomib and prednisone in elderly patients with untreated multiple myelomMaria Victoria Mateos
University Hospital of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
Lancet Oncol 11:934-41. 2010Bortezomib plus melphalan and prednisone (VMP) is significantly better than melphalan plus prednisone alone for elderly patients with untreated multiple myeloma; however, toxic effects are high...
- Outcome of AL amyloidosis after high-dose melphalan and autologous stem cell transplantation: long-term results in a series of 421 patientsMaria Teresa Cibeira
Amyloid Treatment and Research Program, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Blood 118:4346-52. 2011Previous studies have suggested that, in patients with AL amyloidosis treated with high-dose melphalan and autologous stem-cell transplantation (HDM/SCT), the greatest benefit is seen in those patients achieving a hematologic complete ..
- A randomized phase 3 study on the effect of thalidomide combined with adriamycin, dexamethasone, and high-dose melphalan, followed by thalidomide maintenance in patients with multiple myelomaHenk M Lokhorst
University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Blood 115:1113-20. 2010..After induction therapy and stem cell mobilization, patients were to receive high-dose melphalan, 200 mg/m(2), followed by maintenance with alpha-interferon (arm A) or thalidomide 50 mg daily (arm B)...
- Bortezomib-melphalan-prednisone-thalidomide followed by maintenance with bortezomib-thalidomide compared with bortezomib-melphalan-prednisone for initial treatment of multiple myeloma: a randomized controlled trialAntonio Palumbo
Myeloma Unit, Division of Hematology, University of Torino, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria A O U S Giovanni Battista, Torino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 28:5101-9. 2010The combination of bortezomib-melphalan-prednisone (VMP) is a new standard of care for newly diagnosed multiple myeloma...
- A comparison of the cytogenetic alterations and global DNA hypomethylation induced by the benzene metabolite, hydroquinone, with those induced by melphalan and etoposideZ Ji
Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720 7360, USA
Leukemia 24:986-91. 2010..with HQ for 48 h, and compared the HQ-induced alterations with those induced by two well-known leukemogens, melphalan, an alkylating agent, and etoposide, a DNA topoisomerase II inhibitor...
- Melphalan, prednisone, and lenalidomide treatment for newly diagnosed myeloma: a report from the GIMEMA--Italian Multiple Myeloma NetworkAntonio Palumbo
Divisione di Ematologia dell Universita di Torino, Azienda Ospedaliera S Giovanni Battista, Torino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 25:4459-65. 2007Lenalidomide has shown significant antimyeloma activity in clinical studies. Oral melphalan, prednisone, and thalidomide have been regarded as the standard of care in elderly multiple myeloma patients...
- A phase I/II study of direct intraarterial (ophthalmic artery) chemotherapy with melphalan for intraocular retinoblastoma initial resultsDavid H Abramson
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Ophthalmology 115:1398-404, 1404.e1. 2008..to cannulate repeatedly the ophthalmic artery of young children with advanced retinoblastoma, to find a dose of melphalan that would be tolerable and tumoricidal for retinoblastoma when given intraarterially, and to study the local ..
- Thalidomide for previously untreated elderly patients with multiple myeloma: meta-analysis of 1685 individual patient data from 6 randomized clinical trialsPeter M Fayers
Institute of Applied Health Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Blood 118:1239-47. 2011..Six randomized controlled trials, launched in or after 2000, compared melphalan and prednisone alone (MP) and with thalidomide (MPT). The effect on overall survival (OS) varied across trials...
- Lenalidomide, melphalan, prednisone and thalidomide (RMPT) for relapsed/refractory multiple myelomaA Palumbo
Divisione di Ematologia dell Universita di Torino, AOU S Giovanni Battista, Turin, Italy
Leukemia 24:1037-42. 2010..non-comparative phase II trial evaluated the safety and efficacy of salvage therapy with lenalidomide, melphalan, prednisone and thalidomide (RMPT) in patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma (MM)...
- Thalidomide-dexamethasone compared with melphalan-prednisolone in elderly patients with multiple myelomaHeinz Ludwig
Department of Medicine I, Wilhelminenspital Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Blood 113:3435-42. 2009We compared thalidomide-dexamethasone (TD) with melphalan-prednisolone (MP) in 289 elderly patients with multiple myeloma (MM)...
- Oral melphalan, prednisone, and thalidomide in elderly patients with multiple myeloma: updated results of a randomized controlled trialAntonio Palumbo
Divisione di Ematologia dell Universita di Torino, Azienda Ospedaliera S Giovanni Battista, Torino, Italy
Blood 112:3107-14. 2008The initial analysis of the oral combination melphalan, prednisone, and thalidomide (MPT) in newly diagnosed patients with myeloma showed significantly higher response rate and longer progression-free survival (PFS) than did the standard ..
- High-dose melphalan and autologous stem-cell transplantation in patients with AL amyloidosis: an 8-year studyMartha Skinner
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Ann Intern Med 140:85-93. 2004..AL amyloidosis is a fatal disease resulting from tissue deposition of amyloid fibrils derived from monoclonal immunoglobulin light chains. Treatment with oral chemotherapy is minimally effective...
- Efficacy of melphalan and prednisone plus thalidomide in patients older than 75 years with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma: IFM 01/01 trialCyrille Hulin
Service d Hematologie, rue du Morvan, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nancy Brabois, 54511 Vandoeuvre, France
J Clin Oncol 27:3664-70. 2009Until recently, melphalan and prednisone were the standards of care in elderly patients with multiple myeloma. The addition of thalidomide to this combination demonstrated a survival benefit for patients age 65 to 75 years...
- Intermediate doses of melphalan and dexamethasone are better than vincristine, adriamycin, and dexamethasone (VAD) and polychemotherapy for the treatment of primary plasma cell leukemiaJ Vela-Ojeda
Department of Hematology, Hospital de Especialidades Centro Médico Nacional La Raza, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Apartado postal 14 878, Código postal 07001, Mexico D F, Mexico
Ann Hematol 81:362-7. 2002..Four patients were treated with vincristine, melphalan, cyclophosphamide, prednisone, and adriamycin (VMCPA), 12 with vincristine, adriamycin, and dexamethasone (VAD), ..
- High-dose melphalan and peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for light-chain amyloidosis with cardiac involvementSumit Madan
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Blood 119:1117-22. 2012High-dose melphalan (HDM) plus stem cell transplantation is an effective treatment for light-chain amyloidosis (AL), but is associated with high treatment-related mortality in patients with cardiac involvement...
- Intermediate-dose melphalan improves survival of myeloma patients aged 50 to 70: results of a randomized controlled trialAntonio Palumbo
Divisione di Ematologia dell Universita di Torino, Ospedale Molinette, Via Genova 3, 10126 Torino, Italy
Blood 104:3052-7. 2004..study, 194 patients were randomized to receive at diagnosis either conventional chemotherapy (6 courses of oral melphalan and prednisone [MP]) or intermediate-dose therapy (2 courses of melphalan at 100 mg/m(2) [MEL100]) with stem ..
- Tumour necrosis factor alpha increases melphalan concentration in tumour tissue after isolated limb perfusionJ H de Wilt
Department of Surgical Oncology, University Hospital Rotterdam Dijkzigt Daniel den Hoed Cancer Centre, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 82:1000-3. 2000..possible mechanisms for the synergistic anti-tumour effects between tumour necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) and melphalan after isolated limb perfusion (ILP) have been presented...
- Long-term outcomes after reduced-intensity conditioning allogeneic stem cell transplantation for low-grade lymphoma: a survey by the French Society of Bone Marrow Graft Transplantation and Cellular Therapy (SFGM-TC)Stephane Vigouroux
Service d Hematologie Clinique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire CHU Pontchaillou, Rennes, France
Haematologica 92:627-34. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine the outcome of patients with LGL treated with RIC allogeneic SCT...
- Repair of DNA interstrand crosslinks as a mechanism of clinical resistance to melphalan in multiple myelomaVictoria J Spanswick
Cancer Research UK Drug DNA Interactions Research Group, Department of Oncology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, United Kingdom
Blood 100:224-9. 2002b>Melphalan is widely used as a preparative agent in patients with multiple myeloma (MM) undergoing autologous stem cell transplantation (SCT)...
- BeEAM (bendamustine, etoposide, cytarabine, melphalan) before autologous stem cell transplantation is safe and effective for resistant/relapsed lymphoma patientsGiuseppe Visani
Hematology and Stem Cell Transplant Center, Marche Nord Hospital, Pesaro, Italy
Blood 118:3419-25. 2011..180 mg/m², and 200 mg/m² given on days -7 and -6) coupled with fixed doses of etoposide, cytarabine, and melphalan (BeEAM regimen) as the conditioning regimen to autologous stem cell transplantation for resistant/relapsed ..
- Long-term results of melphalan-based isolated limb perfusion with or without low-dose TNF for in-transit melanoma metastasesCarlo Riccardo Rossi
Department of Oncological and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Ann Surg Oncol 17:3000-7. 2010..of the perfused patients; (2) to compare toxicity, response, and survival among patients who underwent melphalan-based perfusion with or without low-dose tumor necrosis factor (TNF); and (3) to identify factors that predict a ..
- Predictors of survival in patients with systemic light-chain amyloidosis and cardiac involvement initially ineligible for stem cell transplantation and treated with oral melphalan and dexamethasoneD Lebovic
Department of Medicine, Weill Cornell School of Medicine, New York Hospital, NY, USA
Br J Haematol 143:369-73. 2008..AL cardiac patients who were not candidates for stem cell transplant and therefore received monthly oral melphalan and dexamethasone. Median survival was 10...
- Inhibition of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 function enhances the sensitivity of multiple myeloma cells to melphalanYongzhen Hu
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University of Yamanashi, Yamanashi, Japan
Mol Cancer Ther 8:2329-38. 2009..by echinomycin, a specific HIF-1 inhibitor, or a siRNA against HIF-1alpha resulted in enhanced sensitivity to melphalan in myeloma cells...
- Addition of thalidomide to oral melphalan/prednisone in patients with multiple myeloma not eligible for transplantation: results of a randomized trial from the Turkish Myeloma Study GroupMeral Beksac
Department of Hematology, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Haematol 86:16-22. 2011The combination of melphalan-prednisone-thalidomide (MPT) has been investigated in several clinical studies that differed significantly with regard to patient characteristics and treatment schedules...
- Experimental study enhancing the chemosensitivity of multiple myeloma to melphalan by using a tissue-specific APE1-silencing RNA expression vectorZhen Zhou Yang
Department of Hematology, Xinqiao Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, PR China
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 7:296-304. 2007....
- Hyperthermic isolated limb perfusion with tumor necrosis factor-alpha and melphalan in patients with locally advanced soft tissue sarcomas: treatment response and clinical outcome related to changes in proliferation and apoptosisB E Plaat
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Groningen, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 5:1650-7. 1999Hyperthermic isolated limb perfusion with tumor necrosis factor-alpha and melphalan (HILP-TM) with or without IFN-gamma is a promising local treatment in patients with locally advanced extremity soft tissue sarcomas (STSs), with response ..
- Long-term results of tumor necrosis factor alpha- and melphalan-based isolated limb perfusion in locally advanced extremity soft tissue sarcomasJan P Deroose
Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 29:4036-44. 2011..or facilitate function-preserving surgery can be achieved by tumor necrosis factor α (TNF) -based and melphalan-based isolated limb perfusion (TM-ILP)...
- Selective ophthalmic arterial injection therapy for intraocular retinoblastoma: the long-term prognosisShigenobu Suzuki
Division of Ophthalmic Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Ophthalmology 118:2081-7. 2011..To report the success rate, adverse events, and long-term prognosis of selective ophthalmic arterial injection (SOAI) therapy for intraocular retinoblastoma...
- Hyperthermia modifies pharmacokinetics and tissue distribution of intraperitoneal melphalan in a rat modelO Glehen
Surgical Department, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Lyon Sud, 69495 Pierre Benite, France
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 54:79-84. 2004..b>Melphalan is a chemotherapeutic agent that shows increased pharmacological activity with heat...
- Renal response after high-dose melphalan and stem cell transplantation is a favorable marker in patients with primary systemic amyloidosisNelson Leung
Division of Nephrology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 46:270-7. 2005..High-dose melphalan followed by autologous stem cell transplantation currently has become the treatment of choice...
- Intravitreal melphalan for refractory or recurrent vitreous seeding from retinoblastomaFariba Ghassemi
Eye Research Center, Farabi Eye Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
Arch Ophthalmol 130:1268-71. 2012..To evaluate the efficacy and complications of intravitreal chemotherapy for viable vitreous seeding from retinoblastoma...
- The FA/BRCA pathway is involved in melphalan-induced DNA interstrand cross-link repair and accounts for melphalan resistance in multiple myeloma cellsQing Chen
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology and Experimental Therapeutics Program, Biostatistics Core Facility, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute at University of South Florida, 12902 Magnolia Dr, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Blood 106:698-705. 2005b>Melphalan, a DNA cross-linker, is one of the most widely used and effective drugs in the treatment of multiple myeloma (MM)...
- Prerequisites for effective isolated limb perfusion using tumour necrosis factor alpha and melphalan in ratsJ H de Wilt
Department of Surgical Oncology, University Hospital Rotterdam Dijkzigt Daniel den Hoed Cancer Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 80:161-6. 1999..Combination of 50 microg TNF and 40 microg melphalan demonstrated synergistic activity leading to a partial and complete response rate of 71%...
- Cytogenetically defined myelodysplasia after melphalan-based autotransplantation for multiple myeloma linked to poor hematopoietic stem-cell mobilization: the Arkansas experience in more than 3,000 patients treated since 1989Bart Barlogie
Myeloma Institute for Research and Therapy, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 W Markham, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Blood 111:94-100. 2008..While the risk of MDS-CAs was low and clinical MDS occurred infrequently, monitoring after post-HDT consolidation chemotherapy appears warranted...
- Melphalan as a treatment for BRCA-related ovarian carcinoma: can you teach an old drug new tricks?Deidra J Osher
Department of Medical Genetics, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Pathol 64:924-6. 2011..The patient was subsequently treated with oral melphalan therapy and has not recurred in over 25 years...
- Efficacy and complications of super-selective intra-ophthalmic artery melphalan for the treatment of refractory retinoblastomaWisam J Muen
Retinoblastoma Unit, Barts and The London NHS Trust, Royal London Hospital, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 119:611-6. 2012To report the efficacy of super-selective intra-ophthalmic artery melphalan (IAM) for the treatment of refractory retinoblastoma and any associated complications of this treatment.
- Expression of multidrug resistance genes MVP, MDR1, and MRP1 determined sequentially before, during, and after hyperthermic isolated limb perfusion of soft tissue sarcoma and melanoma patientsUlrike Stein
Division of Surgery and Surgical Oncology, Charite, Humboldt University, Campus Berlin Buch, Robert Rössle Hospital and Tumor Institute, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, 13092 Berlin, Germany
J Clin Oncol 20:3282-92. 2002Isolated, hyperthermic limb perfusion (ILP) with recombinant human tumor necrosis factor alpha and melphalan is a highly effective treatment for advanced soft tissue sarcoma (STS) and locoregional metastatic malignant melanoma...
- Lenalidomide plus dexamethasone vs. lenalidomide plus melphalan and prednisone: a retrospective study in newly diagnosed elderly myelomaFrancesca Gay
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN, USA
Eur J Haematol 85:200-8. 2010The goal of this retrospective study was to compare the efficacy and toxicity of lenalidomide-dexamethasone (len/dex) vs. melphalan-prednisone-lenalidomide (MPR) as upfront therapy for newly diagnosed elderly patients with myeloma.
- Association of melphalan and high-dose dexamethasone is effective and well tolerated in patients with AL (primary) amyloidosis who are ineligible for stem cell transplantationGiovanni Palladini
Amyloid Center Biotechnology Research Laboratories, Department of Biochemistry, University Hospital, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Blood 103:2936-8. 2004..Patients ineligible for ASCT are usually treated with standard oral melphalan and prednisone, but the response rate to this regimen is unsatisfactory, and time to response is long...
- Substitution of cyclophosphamide and busulfan by fludarabine, treosulfan and melphalan in a preparative regimen for children and adolescents with Shwachman-Diamond syndromeM Sauer
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Hannover Medical University, Hannover, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 39:143-7. 2007..In an attempt to minimize regimen-related toxicity (RRT), we have initiated a fludarabine/treosulfan/melphalan-based pilot protocol avoiding the combination of busulfan and cyclophosphamide...
- Changes in quality-of-life and psychosocial adjustment among multiple myeloma patients treated with high-dose melphalan and autologous stem cell transplantationAllen C Sherman
Behavioral Medicine, Winthrop P Rockefeller Cancer Institute, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:12-20. 2009High-dose melphalan and autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) is a standard treatment for myeloma, but very little is known about the psychosocial or quality-of-life difficulties that these patients encounter during ..
- Isolated limb perfusion with tumor necrosis factor and melphalan for non-resectable soft tissue sarcomas: long-term results on efficacy and limb salvage in a selected group of patientsStephane Cherix
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Surg Oncol 98:148-55. 2008Isolated limb perfusion with TNF-alpha and melphalan (TM-ILP) is a limb salvage therapy for non-resectable soft tissue sarcomas (STS) of the extremities...
- Fludarabine-melphalan as a preparative regimen for reduced-intensity conditioning allogeneic stem cell transplantation in relapsed and refractory Hodgkin's lymphoma: the updated M.D. Anderson Cancer Center experiencePaolo Anderlini
The U T M D Anderson Cancer Center, Department of Stem Cell Transplantation and Cellular Therapy 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 423, Houston, TX 77030 USA
Haematologica 93:257-64. 2008..We here present an update of our single-center experience with fludarabine-melphalan as a preparative regimen.
- Long-term outcome of patients with AL amyloidosis treated with high-dose melphalan and stem-cell transplantationVaishali Sanchorawala
Stem Cell Transplantation Program of the Section of Hematology Oncology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Blood 110:3561-3. 2007..outcome were determined for 80 patients with immunoglobulin light chain (AL) amyloidosis treated with high-dose melphalan and stem cell transplantation (HDM/SCT) more than 10 years ago...
- High-dose melphalan versus melphalan plus dexamethasone for AL amyloidosisArnaud Jaccard
Department of Hematology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Université et Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UMR 6101, Limoges, France
N Engl J Med 357:1083-93. 2007....
- Targeting the Fanconi anemia/BRCA pathway circumvents drug resistance in multiple myelomaDanielle N Yarde
Cancer Biology Ph D Program, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Cancer Res 69:9367-75. 2009..We recently reported that FA/BRCA genes are overexpressed and causative for drug resistance in human melphalan-resistant multiple myeloma cell lines...
- Intermediate-dose melphalan compared with myeloablative treatment in multiple myeloma: long-term follow-up of the Dutch Cooperative Group HOVON 24 trialPieter Sonneveld
Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Haematologica 92:928-35. 2007..The Dutch-Belgian HOVON group performed a randomized phase 3 trial to compare single non-myeloablative intensive treatment with double, intensive treatment in previously untreated patients with multiple myeloma (MM)...
- Bortezomib plus melphalan and prednisone compared with melphalan and prednisone in previously untreated multiple myeloma: updated follow-up and impact of subsequent therapy in the phase III VISTA trialMaria Victoria Mateos
Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Paseo San Vicente 58 182, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
J Clin Oncol 28:2259-66. 2010The purpose of this study was to confirm overall survival (OS) and other clinical benefits with bortezomib, melphalan, and prednisone (VMP) versus melphalan and prednisone (MP) in the phase III VISTA (Velcade as Initial Standard Therapy ..
- Melphalan and prednisone plus thalidomide or placebo in elderly patients with multiple myelomaAnders Waage
Department of Hematology, St Olavs Hospital, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
Blood 116:1405-12. 2010..placebo-controlled study, 363 patients with untreated multiple myeloma were randomized to receive either melphalan-prednisone and thalidomide (MPT) or melphalan-prednisone and placebo (MP). The dose of melphalan was 0...
- A phase 1 study of systemic ADH-1 in combination with melphalan via isolated limb infusion in patients with locally advanced in-transit malignant melanomaGeorgia M Beasley
Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Cancer 115:4766-74. 2009Isolated limb infusion with melphalan is a well-tolerated treatment for patients with in-transit extremity melanoma with an approximately 30% complete response (CR) rate...
- Aneugenic potential of the nitrogen mustard analogues melphalan, chlorambucil and p-N,N-bis(2-chloroethyl)aminophenylacetic acid in cell cultures in vitroM Efthimiou
Division of Genetics, Cell and Developmental Biology, Department of Biology, University of Patras, Patras 265 00, Greece
Mutat Res 617:125-37. 2007b>Melphalan (MEL), chlorambucil (CAB) and p-N,N-bis(2-chloroethyl)aminophenylacetic acid (PHE) are nitrogen mustard analogues, which are clinically used as chemotherapeutic agents. They also exert carcinogenic activity...
- High-dose chemotherapy with hematopoietic stem-cell rescue for multiple myelomaJ Anthony Child
Academic Unit of Haematology and Oncology, Cancer Research United Kingdom Clinical Centre, University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 348:1875-83. 2003..In multiple myeloma, first-line regimens incorporating high-dose therapy yield higher remission rates than do conventional-dose treatments, but evidence that this translates into improved survival is limited...
- p53 status correlates with histopathological response in patients with soft tissue sarcomas treated using isolated limb perfusion with TNF-alpha and melphalanJ Muret
Department of AnesthesiaInstitut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif Cedex, France
Ann Oncol 19:793-800. 2008Recombinant tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) combined to melphalan is clinically administered through isolated limb perfusion (ILP) for regionally advanced soft tissue sarcomas of the limbs...
- Adenine-containing DNA-DNA cross-links of antitumor nitrogen mustardsShawn Balcome
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Minnesota Cancer Center, Room 760E, Box 806 Mayo, 420 Delaware Street Southeast, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 17:950-62. 2004..The presence of cross-linked adenine-adenine lesions may explain the enhanced cytotoxicity and mutagenicity of NMs in cells deficient in N3-alkyladenine glycosylase...
- Phase III study of the value of thalidomide added to melphalan plus prednisone in elderly patients with newly diagnosed multiple myeloma: the HOVON 49 StudyPierre Wijermans
Haga Hospital, Leyweg 275, The Hague, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 28:3160-6. 2010For several decades, the treatment of elderly patients with multiple myeloma (MM) has consisted of melphalan and prednisone (MP)...
- Randomized multicenter trial of hyperthermic isolated limb perfusion with melphalan alone compared with melphalan plus tumor necrosis factor: American College of Surgeons Oncology Group Trial Z0020Wendy R Cornett
The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:4196-201. 2006..prospective multi-institutional trial whether the addition of tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) to a melphalan-based hyperthermic isolated limb perfusion (HILP) treatment would improve the complete response rate for locally ..
- CD34+ cell dose and establishment of full donor chimerism at day +100 are important factors for survival with reduced-intensity conditioning with fludarabine and melphalan before allogeneic hematopoietic SCT for hematologic malignanciesS G Holtan
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 45:1699-703. 2010The combination of fludarabine and melphalan as a reduced-intensity conditioning (RIC) regimen extends allogeneic hematopoietic SCT (HSCT) as a therapeutic option for elderly or frail patients with relapsed, refractory or other high-risk ..
- Novel amidine analogue of melphalan as a specific multifunctional inhibitor of growth and metabolism of human breast cancer cellsKrzysztof Bielawski
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Technology, Medical University of Białystok, Kilinskiego 1, 15 089 Białystok, Poland
Biochem Pharmacol 72:320-31. 2006A novel amidine analogue of melphalan (AB4) was compared to its parent drug, melphalan in respect to cytotoxicity, DNA and collagen biosynthesis in MDA-MB-231 and MCF-7 human breast cancer cells...
- Therapy-induced antitumor vaccination by targeting tumor necrosis factor alpha to tumor vessels in combination with melphalanLorenzo Mortara
Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, School of Medicine, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Eur J Immunol 37:3381-92. 2007..targeted to tumor vasculature by the anti-ED-B fibronectin domain antibody L19(scFv) and combined with melphalan, induces a therapeutic immune response...
- High-dose infusional gemcitabine combined with busulfan and melphalan with autologous stem-cell transplantation in patients with refractory lymphoid malignanciesYago Nieto
Department of Stem Cell Transplantation, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 18:1677-86. 2012We developed a new high-dose combination of infusional gemcitabine with busulfan and melphalan for lymphoid tumors...
- Isolated hepatic perfusion with high-dose melphalan results in immediate alterations in tumor gene expression in patients with metastatic ocular melanomaSheelu Varghese
Department of Surgery, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 17:1870-7. 2010..In this study, we characterized the early molecular changes that occur in tumors immediately after vascular isolation perfusion with melphalan with hyperthermia in patients with hepatic metastases from ocular melanoma.
- Acute left ventricular failure following melphalan and fludarabine conditioningD S Ritchie
Bone Marrow Transplant Service, Department of Clinical Haematology and Medical Oncology, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Bone Marrow Transplant 28:101-3. 2001Cardiotoxicity has rarely been reported as a complication of melphalan or fludarabine administration as single agents...
- Comparison of reduced-intensity and conventional myeloablative regimens for allogeneic transplantation in non-Hodgkin's lymphomaRoberto Rodriguez
Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, Duarte, California 91001, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:1326-34. 2006..with conventional myeloablative regimens (CMRs) (n = 48) and an RIR (n = 40) of fludarabine 125 mg/m(2) and melphalan 140 mg/m(2)...
- Supplementation of melatonin protects human lymphocytes in vitro from the genotoxic activity of melphalanTheodore Lialiaris
Department of Genetics, Medical School, Demokritus University of Thrace, Alexandroupolis 68100, Greece
Mutagenesis 23:347-54. 2008..The anti-neoplastic agent melphalan (MEL), which encompasses a number of side effects, is a strong alkylating agent and a potent inducer of sister ..
- Separation and identification of trinucleotide-melphalan adducts from enzymatically digested DNA using HPLC-ESI-MSDalia Mohamed
Department of Chemistry, Laboratory of Applied Analytical and Environmental Chemistry, Humboldt Universitaet zu Berlin, Brook Taylor Str 2, 12489, Berlin, Germany
Anal Bioanal Chem 392:805-17. 2008b>Melphalan is a bifunctional alkylating agent that covalently binds to the nucleophilic sites present in DNA. In this study we investigated oligonucleotides prepared enzymatically from DNA modified with melphalan...
- Melphalan tissue concentrations in patients treated with regional isolated perfusion for melanoma of the lower limbJ M Klaase
Department of Surgery, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Huis, Amsterdam
Br J Cancer 70:151-3. 1994..melanoma of the lower limb a total of 35 biopsies were taken at the end of perfusion treatment to assess melphalan tissue concentrations in tumour, skin/subcutis and muscle tissue...
- Thalidomide plus oral melphalan compared with thalidomide alone for advanced multiple myelomaMassimo Offidani
Clinic of Haematology, Polytechnic University of Marches, Ancona, Italy
Hematol J 5:312-7. 2004..The aim of this study was to compare the toxicity and efficacy of thalidomide alone and in combination with oral melphalan. Patients with advanced MM received 100 mg/day oral thalidomide escalated weekly up to 600 mg/day (n=23; T group)..
- Pegfilgrastim compared with filgrastim after high-dose melphalan and autologous hematopoietic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in multiple myeloma patientsMassimo Martino
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera Bianchi Melacrino Morelli, Reggio Calabria, Italy
Eur J Haematol 77:410-5. 2006We undertook a comparative study of Pegfilgrastim vs. Filgrastim after high-dose melphalan and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (APBSCT) in multiple myeloma (MM) patients...
- Isolated limb perfusion with TNF-alpha and melphalan in locally advanced soft tissue sarcomas of the extremitiesDirk J G Grünhagen
Department of Surgical Oncology, Erasmus MC, Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, P O Box 5201, 3008 AE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Recent Results Cancer Res 179:257-70. 2009....
- Pegfilgrastim reduces the length of hospitalization and the time to engraftment in multiple myeloma patients treated with melphalan 200 and auto-SCT compared with filgrastimPanagiotis Samaras
Department of Oncology, University Hospital Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, 8091, Zurich, Switzerland
Ann Hematol 90:89-94. 2011..engraftment, hospital stay, and supportive measures in patients with multiple myeloma after conditioning with Melphalan 200 (Mel200) followed by APBSCT...
- A phase II trial of isolated limb infusion with melphalan and dactinomycin for regional melanoma and soft tissue sarcoma of the extremityMary S Brady
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 13:1123-9. 2006..Reports from Australia of efficacy similar to that of isolated limb perfusion prompted us to conduct a phase II trial to evaluate the efficacy and safety of ILI...
- Melphalan pharmacokinetics in children with malignant disease: influence of body weight, renal function, carboplatin therapy and total body irradiationChrista E Nath
Department of Biochemistry and Oncology, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, NSW, Australia
Br J Clin Pharmacol 59:314-24. 2005To analyse the pharmacokinetics of melphalan in 52 children (0...
- The nitrogen mustard melphalan activates mitogen-activated phosphorylated kinases (MAPK), nuclear factor-kappaB and inflammatory response in lung epithelial cellsCamilla Osterlund
Division of NBC Defence, Swedish Defence Research Agency, Umea, Sweden
J Appl Toxicol 25:328-37. 2005..agent, we exposed human bronchial (BEAS-2B) and alveolar (A549) cells to the nitrogen mustard derivative melphalan. The BEAS-2B cells were highly sensitive to melphalan, as shown by a reduced viability after a 10-min incubation ..
- Isolated limb perfusion with tumor necrosis factor alpha and melphalan for locally advanced soft tissue sarcoma: the value of adjuvant radiotherapyKatja M J Thijssens
Department of Surgical Oncology, University Medical Center Groningen, P O Box 30 001, Groningen, RB, 9700, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 13:518-24. 2006The aim was to investigate the value of adjuvant radiotherapy for locally advanced soft tissue sarcoma after hyperthermic isolated limb perfusion (ILP) with tumor necrosis factor alpha and melphalan followed by limb-saving surgery.
- Reduced intensity allogeneic stem cell transplantation for systemic primary amyloidosis refractory to high-dose melphalanYasukazu Kawai
First Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Fukui, Matsuoka, Japan
Eur J Haematol 72:448-50. 2004..High-dose melphalan with autologous stem cell transplantation has shown the ability to induce complete hematological response (HR) ..
- Treatment with oral melphalan plus dexamethasone produces long-term remissions in AL amyloidosisGiovanni Palladini
Blood 110:787-8. 2007
- Risk-adjusted manipulation of melphalan dose before stem cell transplantation in patients with amyloidosis is associated with a lower response rateM A Gertz
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 34:1025-31. 2004..The patients comprised two groups: those receiving standard high-dose melphalan and those receiving intermediate-dose melphalan...
- Population pharmacokinetics of melphalan in paediatric blood or marrow transplant recipientsChrista E Nath
Department of Biochemistry, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, NSW, Australia
Br J Clin Pharmacol 64:151-64. 2007To develop a population pharmacokinetic model for melphalan in children with malignant diseases and to evaluate limited sampling strategies for melphalan.
- Genetic polymorphisms in the amino acid transporters LAT1 and LAT2 in relation to the pharmacokinetics and side effects of melphalanAnnett Kühne
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Georg August University Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Pharmacogenet Genomics 17:505-17. 2007b>Melphalan is widely used in the treatment of multiple myeloma. Pharmacokinetics of this alkylating drug shows high inter-individual variability...
- Necrobiotic xanthogranuloma-rapid progression under treatment with melphalanMirjana Ziemer
Department of Dermatology, Friedrich Schiller University of Jena, Erfurter Strasse 35, 07743 Jena, Germany
Eur J Dermatol 15:363-5. 2005..We treated this extraordinary widespread condition with melphalan and prednisolone...
- Successful treatment of systemic amyloidosis with hepatic involvement and factor X deficiency by high dose melphalan chemotherapy and autologous stem cell reinfusionDimitri A Breems
Department of Hematology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Haematol 72:181-5. 2004..One of the patients was treated with high dose melphalan chemotherapy and autologous stem cell reinfusion, resulting in a normalization of the liver enzyme tests and the ..
- Antimyeloma effects of arsenic trioxide are enhanced by melphalan, bortezomib and ascorbic acidRichard A Campbell
Institute for Myeloma and Bone Cancer Research, West Hollywood, CA 90069, USA
Br J Haematol 138:467-78. 2007..To evaluate this, we examined the antimyeloma effects of ATO alone and in combination with bortezomib, melphalan and ascorbic acid (AA) both in vitro and in vivo using a severe combined immunodeficient (SCID)-hu murine ..
- Fewer bone disease events, improvement in bone remodeling, and evidence of bone healing with bortezomib plus melphalan-prednisone vs. melphalan-prednisone in the phase III VISTA trial in multiple myelomaMichel Delforge
Myeloma Study Group, Belgian Hematological Society, Belgium
Eur J Haematol 86:372-84. 2011..This post hoc analysis of the phase III VISTA trial of bortezomib plus melphalan-prednisone (VMP) vs...
- Evaluation of 47 soft tissue sarcoma resection specimens after isolated limb perfusion with TNF-alpha and melphalan: histologically characterized improved margins correlate with absence of recurrencesFlorian Grabellus
Institute of Pathology and Neuropathology, University Hospital Essen and Sarcoma Center at the West German Cancer Center, University of Duisburg Essen, 45122 Essen, Germany
Ann Surg Oncol 16:676-86. 2009..Isolated limb perfusion (TM-ILP) is an effective limb-sparing treatment for primarily nonresectable soft tissue sarcomas (STS). Surgical margins of STS after ILP were yet not systematically studied...
- In vitro evidence for homologous recombinational repair in resistance to melphalanZ M Wang
Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B. Davis-Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, PQ, Canada
J Natl Cancer Inst 93:1473-8. 2001..cross-links is thought to be important in the cytotoxicity of nitrogen mustard alkylating agents, such as melphalan, which have antitumor activity...
- Optimizing melphalan pharmacokinetics in regional melanoma therapy: does correcting for ideal body weight alter regional response or toxicity?N McMahon
Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 16:953-61. 2009This study aims to determine what effect correcting melphalan dosing for ideal body weight (IBW) has on toxicity and response in isolated limb infusion (ILI) in patients with advanced extremity melanoma.
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of melphalan in isolated limb infusion for recurrent localized limb malignancyM S Roberts
Department of Medicine, University of Queensland, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland 4102, Australia
Melanoma Res 11:423-31. 2001..b>Melphalan is the preferred cytotoxic agent for the treatment of melanoma by ILP or ILI...
- Expression of human organic cation transporter 3 in kidney carcinoma cell lines increases chemosensitivity to melphalan, irinotecan, and vincristineVolodymyr Shnitsar
Abteilung Vegetative Physiologie und Pathophysiologie, Georg August Universitat, Gottingen, Germany
Cancer Res 69:1494-501. 2009..into hOCT3 stably transfected Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells was inhibited by irinotecan, vincristine, and melphalan. The K(i) values [determined from Dixon plots] for irinotecan, vincristine, and melphalan were 1.72 +/- 0...
- Factors predictive of acute regional toxicity after isolated limb infusion with melphalan and actinomycin D in melanoma patientsHidde M Kroon
Sydney Melanoma Unit and Melanoma Institute Australia, Royal Prince Alfred and Mater Hospitals, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Ann Surg Oncol 16:1184-92. 2009..Previously we have shown that more significant limb toxicity is not associated with a higher response rate or improved patient outcome. In this study we sought to determine factors predicting toxicity following ILI...
- Efficacy of repeat isolated limb infusion with melphalan and actinomycin D for recurrent melanomaHidde M Kroon
Sydney Melanoma Unit, Sydney Cancer Center, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Cancer 115:1932-40. 2009..Recurrent or progressive disease after an ILI, however, presents a challenge for further treatment. The value of repeat ILI in this situation has not been well documented...
- Fludarabine-melphalan conditioning for AML and MDS: alemtuzumab reduces acute and chronic GVHD without affecting long-term outcomesKoen Van Besien
Section of Hematology Oncology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:610-7. 2009..We compared the outcome of 95 patients treated at the University of Chicago with fludarabine melphalan (Flu + Mel) + alemtuzumab conditioning and 59 patients treated at the M.D...
- Pharmacodynamics of tandem high-dose melphalan with peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in children with neuroblastoma and medulloblastomaG Vassal
Department of Paediatric Oncology, Institut Gustave-Roussy, Villejuif, France
Bone Marrow Transplant 27:471-7. 2001..of this study was to evaluate the tolerance, pharmacokinetics (PK) and pharmacodynamics (PD) of HD single-agent melphalan administered over two consecutive courses (C1 and C2) in children...
- Hyperthermic isolated limb perfusion in locally advanced soft tissue sarcoma and progressive desmoid-type fibromatosis with TNF 1 mg and melphalan (T1-M HILP) is safe and efficientSylvie Bonvalot
Department of Surgery, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif Cedex, France
Ann Surg Oncol 16:3350-7. 2009..The objective of the present study was to confirm these data on a larger sample size of locally advanced or recurrent extremity soft tissue sarcomas with low-dose TNF-alpha...
- Vorinostat enhances the antimyeloma effects of melphalan and bortezomibRichard A Campbell
Institute for Myeloma and Bone Cancer Research, West Hollywood, CA, USA
Eur J Haematol 84:201-11. 2010..Examine the antitumor activity of the histone deacetylase inhibitor vorinostat's antitumor activity against multiple myeloma (MM) using cell lines and a murine xenograft model...
- Supraselective injection of intraarterial melphalan as the primary treatment for late presentation unilateral multifocal stage Vb retinoblastomaHassan A Aziz
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Retina 30:S63-5. 2010..The purpose of this study was to report a case of a 7-year-old girl with unilateral, multifocal Reese Ellsworth Stage Vb retinoblastoma who was successfully treated using intraarterial chemotherapy infusion as the primary therapy...
- High-dose melphalan with autologous stem-cell rescue in metastatic rhabdomyosarcomaM Carli
Department of Pediatrics, Oncology Hematology Division, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
J Clin Oncol 17:2796-803. 1999The European Collaborative MMT4-91 trial was conducted as a prospective nonrandomized study to evaluate the potential benefit of high-dose melphalan as consolidation of first complete remission in children with stage IV rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Potentiation of the cytostatic effect of melphalan on colorectal cancer hepatic metastases by infusion of buthionine sulfoximine (BSO) in the rat: enhanced tumor glutathione depletion by infusion of BSO in the hepatic arteryA L Vahrmeijer
Department of Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 44:111-6. 1999..bearing intrahepatically implanted tumors of the CC531 colorectal cancer cell line on the antitumor activity of melphalan (L-PAM)...
- Lenalidomide in combination with melphalan and dexamethasone in patients with newly diagnosed AL amyloidosis: a multicenter phase 1/2 dose-escalation studyPhilippe Moreau
University Hospital, Nantes, France
Blood 116:4777-82. 2010..dose-escalation study aimed to determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of lenalidomide in combination with melphalan and dexamethasone (M-dex), and assess the efficacy and tolerability of this therapy for patients with de novo AL ..
- Low-dose continuous oral melphalan for the treatment of primary systemic (AL) amyloidosisVaishali Sanchorawala
Department of Medicine, Section of Hematology Oncology, Boston Medical Center, Boston University School of Medicine, 88 East Newton Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Br J Haematol 117:886-9. 2002..with AL amyloidosis with clinically significant cardiac involvement is 5 months when treated with cyclic melphalan and prednisone...
- Inhibition of glutathione reductase and ovarian cancer drug resistance reversalXiangming Guan; Fiscal Year: 2006..first and rate-determining step in GSH biosynthesis significantly increased the sensitivity of the cell line to melphalan, a chemotherapeutic agent...
- MUTAGENESIS BY THE ANTINEOPLASTIC MUSTARDSWILLIAM HENNER; Fiscal Year: 1991..of the mutations induced in vivo by cyclophosphamide, chlorambucil and melphalan will be analyzed...
- APPLICATIONS OF MASS SPECTROMETRY IN PHARMACOLOGYCatherine Fenselau; Fiscal Year: 1990..My research group has demonstrated that melphalan, chlorambucil and cis platin are substrates for glutathione transferases in vitro...
- DETECTION & REVERSAL OF OVARIAN CANCER DRUG RESISTANCERobert Ozols; Fiscal Year: 1990..pharmacologic depletion of GSH levels with buthionine sulfoximine (BSO) leads to potentiation of cytotoxicity of melphalan and carboplatin, (2) inhibition of GST with ethacrynic acid potentiates the cytotoxicity in vitro and in vivo of ..
- HYPOTHALAMIC HORMONES IN PANCREATIC CANCERAndrew Schally; Fiscal Year: 1990..5) Synthesis of somatostatin analogs containing cytostatic radicals such as Melphalan, Aziridine, Mitomycin C and their evaluation in models of pancreatic cancer as targeted hormonal carriers for ..
- GLUTATHIONE AND RESISTANCE TO CANCER CHEMOTHERAPYOwen Griffith; Fiscal Year: 2000DESCRIPTION: (Applicant's Abstract) Bifunctional alkylating agents (e.g., melphalan, cyclophosphamide, chlorambucil) and platinum antitumor compounds (e.g. cisplatin, carboplatin) are used to treat a wide range of human malignancies...
- GLUTATHIONE AND RESISTANCE TO CANCER CHEMOTHERAPYOwen Griffith; Fiscal Year: 1999DESCRIPTION: (Applicant's Abstract) Bifunctional alkylating agents (e.g., melphalan, cyclophosphamide, chlorambucil) and platinum antitumor compounds (e.g. cisplatin, carboplatin) are used to treat a wide range of human malignancies...
- Glutathione reductase and tumor sensitivity to radiationXiangming Guan; Fiscal Year: 2003..of GR did reduce intracellular GSH and the reduction of GSH led to an increase in the sensitivity of OVCAR-3 to melphalan, a chemotherapeutic agent...
- MicroRNAs Regulating The Fanconi Anemia-BRCA PathwayToshiyasu Taniguchi; Fiscal Year: 2009..by applicant): DNA-crosslinking agents such as cisplatin, carboplatin, cyclophosphamide, mitomycin C and melphalan are widely-used drugs for treatment of cancers including leukemia, lymphoma, and myeloma...
- PEDIATRIC ONCOLOGY GROUPAndrew Yeager; Fiscal Year: 2000..relapsed AML with idarubicin and chlordeoxyadenosine, treatment of relapsed solid tumors with high-dose busulfan/melphalan and ABMT, transplantation of haploidentical CD34+ cells for relapsed ALL or AML, and vincristine plus dose-..
- PEDIATRIC ONCOLOGY GROUPStephen Lauer; Fiscal Year: 2002..relapsed AML with idarubicin and chlordeoxyadenosine, treatment of relapsed solid tumors with high-dose busulfan/melphalan and ABMT, transplantation of haploidentical CD34+ cells for relapsed ALL or AML, and vincristine plus dose-..
- ENHANCING ACTIVITY OF ALKYLATING AGENTS IN NEUROBLASTOMACharles Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2005..the degree of cross-resistance in a panel of 25 neuroblastoma cell lines of cyclophosphamide, carboplatin, melphalan (L-PAM) alone and in combination with topoisomerase inhibitors or BSO under standard culture conditions (20% O2) ..
- PEDIATRIC ONCOLOGY GROUPStephen Lauer; Fiscal Year: 2001..relapsed AML with idarubicin and chlordeoxyadenosine, treatment of relapsed solid tumors with high-dose busulfan/melphalan and ABMT, transplantation of haploidentical CD34+ cells for relapsed ALL or AML, and vincristine plus dose-..
- PEDIATRIC ONCOLOGY GROUPAndrew Yeager; Fiscal Year: 1999
- ENHANCING ACTIVITY OF ALKYLATING AGENTS IN NEUROBLASTOMACharles Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2006..the degree of cross-resistance in a panel of 25 neuroblastoma cell lines of cyclophosphamide, carboplatin, melphalan (L-PAM) alone and in combination with topoisomerase inhibitors or BSO under standard culture conditions (20% O2) ..
- ENHANCING ACTIVITY OF ALKYLATING AGENTS IN NEUROBLASTOMACharles Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2007..the degree of cross-resistance in a panel of 25 neuroblastoma cell lines of cyclophosphamide, carboplatin, melphalan (L-PAM) alone and in combination with topoisomerase inhibitors or BSO under standard culture conditions (20% O2) ..
- ENHANCING ACTIVITY OF ALKYLATING AGENTS IN NEUROBLASTOMACharles Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2009
- ENHANCING ACTIVITY OF ALKYLATING AGENTS IN NEUROBLASTOMACHARLES PATRICK REYNOLDS; Fiscal Year: 2010
- SOLID TUMOR PROGRAM PROJECTPeter Houghton; Fiscal Year: 1992..attempt to clarify the mechanisms of cross resistance between vincristine and the bifunctional alkylating agent melphalan in RMS xenografts...
- Minor Histocompatilibity Vaccination After Allo-Transpl*Koen Van Besien; Fiscal Year: 2003..The conditioning regimen will consist of fludarabine-melphalan-campath...
- Minor Histocompatilibity Vaccination After Allo-Transpl*Koen Van Besien; Fiscal Year: 2004..The conditioning regimen will consist of fludarabine-melphalan-campath...
- ENHANCING ACTIVITY OF ALKYLATING AGENTS IN NEUROBLASTOMACharles Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 1999..depletion of glutathione (GSH) by buthionine sulfoximine (BSO) has a cytotoxic synergy with the alkylator melphalan (L-PAM) that is antagonized by hypoxia and 2) that retinoids improve survival in high-risk neuroblastoma but may ..
- GLUTATHIONE BIOSYSTHESIS AND DRUG RESISTANCER Mulcahy; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- ENHANCING ACTIVITY OF ALKYLATING AGENTS IN NEUROBLASTOMACharles Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2000..depletion of glutathione (GSH) by buthionine sulfoximine (BSO) has a cytotoxic synergy with the alkylator melphalan (L-PAM) that is antagonized by hypoxia and 2) that retinoids improve survival in high-risk neuroblastoma but may ..
- ENHANCING ACTIVITY OF ALKYLATING AGENTS IN NEUROBLASTOMACharles Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2001..depletion of glutathione (GSH) by buthionine sulfoximine (BSO) has a cytotoxic synergy with the alkylator melphalan (L-PAM) that is antagonized by hypoxia and 2) that retinoids improve survival in high-risk neuroblastoma but may ..
- DRUG SEQUENCING RESISTANCE IN MULTIPLE MYELOMADaniel Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 1999..1. To establish the toxicity and potential efficacy of a high-dose regimen sequenced as melphalan followed by topotecan followed by VP-16 phosphate (MTV) followed by peripheral blood stem cell rescue in the ..
- INTERACTION OF AMINOTHIOLS AND ALKYLATING AGENTSFrederick Valeriote; Fiscal Year: 1990..We expect to determine from these studies whether this findings has potential clinical therapeutic application...
- Detoxification of Electrophilic Chemical Threat Agents by Nucleophilic ScavengersMichael C MacLeod; Fiscal Year: 2010..Both of these have been shown to completely detoxify the carcinogen BPDE. DTP has also been shown to detoxify melphalan, a nitrogen mustard, and in preliminary studies we have demonstrated facile reaction of DTP with a sulfur ..
- Detoxification of Electrophilic Chemical Threat Agents by Nucleophilic ScavengersMICHAEL MACLEOD; Fiscal Year: 2006..Both of these have been shown to completely detoxify the carcinogen BPDE. DTP has also been shown to detoxify melphalan, a nitrogen mustard, and in preliminary studies we have demonstrated facile reaction of DTP with a sulfur ..
- Detoxification of Electrophilic Chemical Threat Agents by Nucleophilic ScavengersMICHAEL MACLEOD; Fiscal Year: 2009..Both of these have been shown to completely detoxify the carcinogen BPDE. DTP has also been shown to detoxify melphalan, a nitrogen mustard, and in preliminary studies we have demonstrated facile reaction of DTP with a sulfur ..
- Detoxification of Electrophilic Chemical Threat Agents by Nucleophilic ScavengersMICHAEL MACLEOD; Fiscal Year: 2007
- GLUTATHIONE MODULATION OF ALKYLAYTORS IN MEDULLOBLASTOMAHenry Friedman; Fiscal Year: 1993..have documented the activity of a series of bifunctional alkylating agents including cyclophosphamide and melphalan in the treatment of a panel of medulloblastoma cell lines and transplantable xenografts...
- GLUTATHIONE MODULATION OF ALKYLAYTORS IN MEDULLOBLASTOMAHenry Friedman; Fiscal Year: 1992..have documented the activity of a series of bifunctional alkylating agents including cyclophosphamide and melphalan in the treatment of a panel of medulloblastoma cell lines and transplantable xenografts...
- AFFINITY LABELING OF GLUTATHIONE S TRANSFERASESROBERTA COLMAN; Fiscal Year: 1999..g., the 1-1 isozyme confers the greatest cellular resistance to the anti-cancer drugs, chlorambucil and melphalan, while the 3-3 isozyme confers the most increase in resistance to cisplatin...
- Sensitization to thermoradiotherapy in human xenograftsDennis Leeper; Fiscal Year: 2003..Douglas Fraker, Univ. of Penn. To demonstrate the effects of acidification of melanoma response to limb perfusion with melphalan at 42 degrees Centigrade.
- Development of Anticancer 1,2-Bis(sulfonyl)hydrazinesAlan Sartorelli; Fiscal Year: 2009..brain barrier, is active both orally and parenterally, is not cross-resistant with cyclophosphamide, BCNU, or melphalan, and a by-product of its activation, methyl isocyanate, has synergistic cytotoxic activity with the generated ..
- Development of Anticancer 1,2-Bis(sulfonyl)hydrazinesAlan Sartorelli; Fiscal Year: 2006..brain barrier, is active both orally and parenterally, is not cross-resistant with cyclophosphamide, BCNU, or melphalan, and a by-product of its activation, methyl isocyanate, has synergistic cytotoxic activity with the generated ..
- Development of Anticancer 1,2-Bis(sulfonyl)hydrazinesAlan Sartorelli; Fiscal Year: 2007..brain barrier, is active both orally and parenterally, is not cross-resistant with cyclophosphamide, BCNU, or melphalan, and a by-product of its activation, methyl isocyanate, has synergistic cytotoxic activity with the generated ..
- LH-RH ANALOGS IN BREAST AND OVARIAN CANCERAndrew Schally; Fiscal Year: 1990..chemotherapeutic agents; 5) continued synthesis of various LH-RH analogs containing cytostatic radicals such as Melphalan, Aziridine, Mitomycin C and their evaluation in models of breast and ovarian cancer as targeted hormonal ..
- PRIMARY BREAST CANCER THERAPY GROUPRichard Margolese; Fiscal Year: 1990..An ancillary aim is to enhance the multi disciplinary capabilities of this Institution in clinical trials...
- CLINICAL TRIALS OF ALLOGENIC BMT / STEM CELL TRANSPLANTSRICHARD O REILLY; Fiscal Year: 2002..related/unrelated donor; and 1d) an evaluation of a chemotherapeutic preparative regimen combining busulfan, melphalan and fludarabine and low dose ATG for T-cell depleted transplants administered to patients with leukemias at high ..
- PRIMARY BREAST CANCER THERAPY GROUPHenry Shibata; Fiscal Year: 1980....
- DOSE INTENSE CHEMOTHERAPY & STEM CELL RESCUE IN INFLAMMATORY BREAST CANCERGeorge Somlo; Fiscal Year: 2000..the patient will be readmitted to receive a second cycle of high-dose chemotherapy, consisting of the two drugs melphalan and cisplatin...
- Targeting Proteasome Inhibitor-mediated Resistance in MyelomaDeborah J Kuhn; Fiscal Year: 2010..cells also display cross-resistance to other traditional chemotherapies, including doxorubicin and melphalan. However, the expression of multi-drug resistant pumps does not explain the cross resistance as treatment of BR ..
- LH-RH AGONISTS AND ANTAGONISTS IN PROSTATE CANCERAndrew Schally; Fiscal Year: 1990..2) continued synthesis of various agonists and antagonists of LH-RH containing cytotoxic radicals such as Melphalan, Aziridine and Mitomycin C, the evaluation of their binding to LH-RH receptors and testing of their effects in ..
- REVERSAL OF DRUG RESISTANCE IN OVARIAN CANCERRobert Ozols; Fiscal Year: 1990..pharmacologic depletion of GSH levels with Buthionine Sulfoximine (BSO) leads to potentiation of cytotoxicity of melphalan in vitro and in vivo...
- MECHANISMS OF DRUG RESISTANCE IN MULTIPLE MYELOMAWilliam Dalton; Fiscal Year: 1990..Specifically, the mechanism of resistance to doxorubicin and its possible cross resistance with melphalan will be analyzed...
- HTS FOR DRUG LEADS TARGETING THE MAMMALIAN SELENOPROTEIN THIOREDOXIN REDUCTASE 1Elias S J Arner; Fiscal Year: 2010..cisplatin, chlorambucil, melphalan, nitrosoureas, arsenic trioxide, antitumor quinone compounds and more)...
- Improving current therapies for myelomaDan Vogl; Fiscal Year: 2009..3) To determine, in a prospective cohort study, whether administration of high-dose melphalan induces autophagy in malignant plasma cells purified from patient bone marrow samples...
- SYNERGY OF TUMOR CHEMOTHERAPY AND HOST IMMUMITYSHELDON DRAY; Fiscal Year: 1990A single injection of less than one-tenth of the maximal tolerable dose of cyclophosphamide or melphalan cures a BALB/c mouse bearing a large subcutaneous MOPC-315 plasmacytoma and extensive metastases at a late stage of tumor growth, ..
- Akylating agent Water-soluble Sulfonyl Hydrazine ProdrugXu Lin; Fiscal Year: 2001..Various alkylating agents are approved for the treatment of cancer including cyclophosphamide, busulfan, melphalan, nitrogen mustard, chlorambucil, and the nitrosoureas...
- PRIMARY BREAST CANCER THERAPY GROUPRoger Poisson; Fiscal Year: 1990..An ancillary aim is to enhance the multidisciplinary capabilities of this institution in clinical trials...
- RESPONSE OF MURINE MYELOMA TO CHEMOTHERAPEUTIC AGENTSFrederick Valeriote; Fiscal Year: 1980..us from the NCI screening program will be investigated as will the alkylating agents such as cyclophosphamide, melphalan and BCNU which have been shown to be effective against human myelomas and the antimetabolites such as cytosine ..
- NEW ISOPHOSPHORAMIDE MUSTARD PRODRUGSDavid Farquhar; Fiscal Year: 2004..activities against experimental tumors and human tumor xenografts in mice, (d) organ toxicities in the mouse, and (e) antitumor efficacy compared with IPM and melphalan when administered by limb perfusion in a rat sarcoma tumor model.