Genomes and Genes
Summary: Chemicals that kill or inhibit the growth of fungi in agricultural applications, on wood, plastics, or other materials, in swimming pools, etc.
- White P, Potter T. Metolachlor and chlorothalonil dissipation in gypsum-amended soil. J Environ Sci Health B. 2010;45:729-38 pubmed publisher..Farming practices, such as reducing metolachlor application rates, may need to be adjusted for peanut cropping systems where chlorothalonil and gypsum are used. ..
- Yu G, Guo Q, Xie L, Liu Y, Wang X. Effects of subchronic exposure to carbendazim on spermatogenesis and fertility in male rats. Toxicol Ind Health. 2009;25:41-7 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that carbendazim has adverse effects on spermatogenesis, resulting in reduced fertility in male rats...
- Felipe Sotelo M, Tauler R, Vives I, Grimalt J. Assessment of the environmental and physiological processes determining the accumulation of organochlorine compounds in European mountain lake fish through multivariate analysis (PCA and PLS). Sci Total Environ. 2008;404:148-61 pubmed publisher..PLS models confirmed that temperature and altitude were the main factors influencing the accumulation of most organochlorine compounds in the lipids of the fish tissue. ..
- Mercader J, Suárez Pantaleón C, Agulló C, Abad Somovilla A, Abad Fuentes A. Production and characterization of monoclonal antibodies specific to the strobilurin pesticide pyraclostrobin. J Agric Food Chem. 2008;56:7682-90 pubmed publisher..Also, a simplified one-step procedure has been carried out with two indirect assays. Finally, these results have been compared with the performance of the same antibodies in the antibody-coated direct ELISA format. ..
- Chen S, Liu W. Enantioselective degradation of metalaxyl in anaerobic activated sewage sludge. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2009;82:327-31 pubmed publisher..05 days, which was higher than the S-enantiomer, but lower than the R-enantiomer. These results confirm the need for emphasizing the importance of examining the fate of the stereoisomers in an environmental system. ..
- Fandohan P, Gnonlonfin B, Laleye A, Gbenou J, Darboux R, Moudachirou M. Toxicity and gastric tolerance of essential oils from Cymbopogon citratus, Ocimum gratissimum and Ocimum basilicum in Wistar rats. Food Chem Toxicol. 2008;46:2493-7 pubmed publisher..The no observed adverse effect level (NOAEL) of the tested oils has been established. The three tested oils can be considered as safe to human when applied on stored maize at recommended concentrations...
- Du H, Wang J, Hu Z, Yao X, Zhang X. Prediction of fungicidal activities of rice blast disease based on least-squares support vector machines and project pursuit regression. J Agric Food Chem. 2008;56:10785-92 pubmed publisher..Moreover, this study provides a new and simple but efficient approach, which should facilitate the design and development of new compounds to resist the rice blast disease. ..
- Jo Y, Chang S, Boehm M, Jung G. Rapid development of fungicide resistance by Sclerotinia homoeocarpa on turfgrass. Phytopathology. 2008;98:1297-304 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, field populations of S. homoeocarpa containing genetically distinct, vegetatively incompatible groups were different on turfgrass that was managed differently, and they were changed rapidly after exposure to fungicides...
- Renard Merlier D, Laruelle F, Nowak E, Durand R, Reignault P. Changes in C12:0, C18:1, C18:2 and C20:2 fatty acid content in wheat treated with resistance inducers and infected by powdery mildew. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2009;11:75-82 pubmed publisher..In (i) plants, eicosadienoic acid (C20:2) increased and C18:2 decreased slightly. The potential involvement of these FAs during induced resistance and infection is discussed. ..
- Fernandez Caballero C, Romero I, Goñi O, Escribano M, Merodio C, Sanchez Ballesta M. Characterization of an antifungal and cryoprotective class I chitinase from table grape berries (Vitis vinifera cv. Cardinal). J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57:8893-900 pubmed publisher..However, the recombinant VcCHIT1b did not show any antifreeze activity when the thermal hysteresis activity was measured using differential scanning calorimetry. ..
- Megateli S, Olette R, Semsari S, Couderchet M. Toxicity of copper/dimethomorph combination for Lemna minor and depuration of the fungicides by aquatic plant. Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci. 2009;74:923-32 pubmed..Depuration of DMM(F) by L. minor varied between 10 and 40% after 96 h. This depuration decreased in the presence of copper possibly due to the metal toxicity. ..
- Park S, Kim J, Lee J, Hwang I, Cheong H, Nah J, et al. Antifungal mechanism of a novel antifungal protein from pumpkin rinds against various fungal pathogens. J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57:9299-304 pubmed publisher..In addition, this protein was found to be noncytotoxic and heat-stable. Taken together, the results of this study indicate that Pr-2 is a good candidate for use as a natural antifungal agent. ..
- Pinna M, Budroni M, Farris G, Pusino A. Fenhexamid adsorption behavior on soil amended with wine lees. J Agric Food Chem. 2008;56:10824-8 pubmed publisher..This hypothesis is substantiated by the increased FEN solubility in the supernatant of centrifuged wine lees (LWL). The results of soil column mobility confirm that the elution with LWL increases the mobility of FEN in soil. ..
- Lang M, Cai Z. [Effects of fungicide chlorothalonil on soil nitrous oxide and carbon dioxide emissions]. Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao. 2008;19:2745-50 pubmed..Chlorothalonil at FR had no obvious effects on the CO2 emission from test soils, but that at 20FR and 40FR promoted the CO2 emission from acid soil while inhibited it from neutral and alkaline soils significantly. ..
- Uter W, Hegewald J, Pfahlberg A, Lessmann H, Schnuch A, Gefeller O. Contact allergy to thiurams: multifactorial analysis of clinical surveillance data collected by the IVDK network. Int Arch Occup Environ Health. 2010;83:675-81 pubmed publisher..To analyse the association between occupation (represented by job title) and contact allergy to thiuram vulcanising agents based on data of a clinical registry (IVDK, www.ivdk.org )...
- La Torre A, Talocci S, Spera G, Valori R. Control of downy mildew on grapes in organic viticulture. Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci. 2008;73:169-78 pubmed..We would like to highlight that in the four-years of trials the copper formulations tested always guaranteed a metallic copper quantity under 6 kg/ha that is the maximum limit of use/year imposed by Regulation EC n. 473/2002. ..
- Viñas P, Aguinaga N, Campillo N, Hernández Córdoba M. Comparison of stir bar sorptive extraction and membrane-assisted solvent extraction for the ultra-performance liquid chromatographic determination of oxazole fungicide residues in wines and juices. J Chromatogr A. 2008;1194:178-83 pubmed publisher..The proposed method was successfully applied to the analysis of different samples, residues of chlozolinate and drazoxolon being found in samples of red wine and grape juice, respectively. ..
- White P, Potter T, Culbreath A. Fungicide dissipation and impact on metolachlor aerobic soil degradation and soil microbial dynamics. Sci Total Environ. 2010;408:1393-402 pubmed publisher..GST mediated metabolism is common pesticide detoxification process in soil; thus there are implications for the fate of many active ingredients. ..
- Hassold E, Backhaus T. Chronic toxicity of five structurally diverse demethylase-inhibiting fungicides to the crustacean Daphnia magna: a comparative assessment. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2009;28:1218-26 pubmed publisher..These qualitatively different toxicity profiles suggest additional, substance-specific mechanisms of action in D. magna that probably are related to an antiecdysteroid action. ..
- Gilardi G, Gullino M, Garibaldi A. Effect of fungicides and of biocontrol agents against powdery mildew of turnip. Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci. 2008;73:21-9 pubmed..subtilis being generally more effective. The mixture B. subtilis + azoxystrobin was very effective and generally more active than the two components applied alone. The possibility of introducing biocontrol agents into IPM is discussed. ..
- Audenaert K, Callewaert E, Hofte M, De Saeger S, Haesaert G. Hydrogen peroxide induced by the fungicide prothioconazole triggers deoxynivalenol (DON) production by Fusarium graminearum. BMC Microbiol. 2010;10:112 pubmed publisher..In a broader framework, this work clearly shows that DON production by the plant pathogen F. graminearum is the result of the interaction of fungal genomics and external environmental triggers. ..
- Rousk J, Demoling L, Bååth E. Contrasting short-term antibiotic effects on respiration and bacterial growth compromises the validity of the selective respiratory inhibition technique to distinguish fungi and bacteria. Microb Ecol. 2009;58:75-85 pubmed publisher..Bronopol, combined with growth-based techniques, could aid development of a new framework to resolve decomposer ecology in soil. ..
- Jacobsen P, Christiansen S, Boberg J, Nellemann C, Hass U. Combined exposure to endocrine disrupting pesticides impairs parturition, causes pup mortality and affects sexual differentiation in rats. Int J Androl. 2010;33:434-42 pubmed publisher..In addition, the sexual differentiation of the offspring was affected. This as well as the predictability of the combination effects based on dose-additivity modelling will be studied further in a large dose-response study...
- Lee Y, Moon J, Yun B, Park K, Choi G, Kim J, et al. Antifungal activity of CHE-23C, a dimeric sesquiterpene from Chloranthus henryi. J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57:5750-5 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the compound might serve as an interesting lead to develop effective antifungal agents. ..
- Thobunluepop P, Pan in W, Pawelzik E, Vearasilp S. The perspective effects of various seed coating substances on rice seed variety Khao Dawk Mali 105 storability II: the case study of chemical and biochemical properties. Pak J Biol Sci. 2009;12:574-81 pubmed..In contrast, under fungicide stress (CA), those compounds were lost that directly affected seed vigor during storage. ..
- García Muñoz E, Guerrero F, Parra G. Intraspecific and interspecific tolerance to copper sulphate in five Iberian amphibian species at two developmental stages. Arch Environ Contam Toxicol. 2010;59:312-21 pubmed publisher..These results indicates that the sole presence in wetlands of P. perezi, the most abundant species in southeast of Iberian Peninsula, might be correlated with its high tolerance to agrochemicals. ..
- Zhang Z, Zhu Z, Ma Z, Li H. A molecular mechanism of azoxystrobin resistance in Penicillium digitatum UV mutants and a PCR-based assay for detection of azoxystrobin-resistant strains in packing- or store-house isolates. Int J Food Microbiol. 2009;131:157-61 pubmed publisher..Based on this point mutation, two allele-specific PCR primers were designed and optimized for allele-specific PCR detection of azoxystrobin-resistant isolates of P. digitatum. ..
- Genet J, Jaworska G. Baseline sensitivity to proquinazid in Blumeria graminis f. sp. tritici and Erysiphe necator and cross-resistance with other fungicides. Pest Manag Sci. 2009;65:878-84 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, the authors recommend that proquinazid and quinoxyfen be managed together for resistance management. ..
- Mommaerts V, Sterk G, Hoffmann L, Smagghe G. A laboratory evaluation to determine the compatibility of microbiological control agents with the pollinator Bombus terrestris. Pest Manag Sci. 2009;65:949-55 pubmed publisher..In this context, it is also advisable that these MCAs should be evaluated in more realistic field situations for the assessment of potentially deleterious effects on foraging behaviour. ..
- Castelo Branco P, Rubinger M, Guilardi S, Leite V, dos Santos A, de C Alves L, et al. Synthesis, characterization, absolute structural determination and antifungal activity of a new chlorinated aromatic avenaciolide analogue. Pest Manag Sci. 2009;65:34-40 pubmed publisher..The latter also depends on the presence of the exocyclic double bond possibly due to a Michael addition type reaction with the fungal enzymes. ..
- Maldonado M, Corona J, Gordillo M, Navarro A. Isolation and partial characterization of antifungal metabolites produced by Bacillus sp. IBA 33. Curr Microbiol. 2009;59:646-50 pubmed publisher..UV scan spectroscopy showed tyrosine and or tryptophan amino acids in their composition. The remarkable thermo-resistance of proteins may be a good feature to be used in the development of a new biocontrol method of Geotrichum candidum. ..
- Dosnon Olette R, Couderchet M, El Arfaoui A, Sayen S, Eullaffroy P. Influence of initial pesticide concentrations and plant population density on dimethomorph toxicity and removal by two duckweed species. Sci Total Environ. 2010;408:2254-9 pubmed publisher..This research also indicated that these aquatic plants can efficiently eliminate organic contaminants and may ultimately serve as phytoremediation agents in the natural environment. ..
- Aggarwal N, Kumar R, Srivastva C, Dureja P, Khurana J. Synthesis of nalidixic acid based hydrazones as novel pesticides. J Agric Food Chem. 2010;58:3056-61 pubmed publisher..Most of them showed 70-100% mortality against S. litura through feeding method at 0.1% dose. These compounds were not found to be effective nitrification inhibitors. ..
- Eschen Lippold L, Draeger T, Teichert A, Wessjohann L, Westermann B, Rosahl S, et al. Antioomycete activity of gamma-oxocrotonate fatty acids against P. infestans. J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57:9607-12 pubmed publisher..In all approaches, a significant inhibition of pathogen development was achieved. Importantly, the unsaturated fatty acid exerted no toxic effect when sprayed on plants, a prerequisite for its commercial use. ..
- Moral A, Sicilia M, Rubio S. Supramolecular solvent-based extraction of benzimidazolic fungicides from natural waters prior to their liquid chromatographic/fluorimetric determination. J Chromatogr A. 2009;1216:3740-5 pubmed publisher..5% for FB (30 ng L(-1)). Recoveries obtained by applying this approach to the analysis of river and underground water samples fortified at the ng L(-1) level are in the intervals 75-83, 95-102 and 97-101% for CB, TB and FB, respectively. ..
- Gullino M, Gilardi G, Garibaldi A. Chemical control of downy mildew on lettuce and basil under greenhouse. Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci. 2009;74:933-40 pubmed..The importance of the availability of a number of different chemicals to control downy mildews is discussed. ..
- Carabet A, Grozea I, Chirita R, Badea A. Biological control of late blight (Phytophthora infestans (Mont.) de Bary) in tomatoes with mycoextracts from Fusarium culmorum and Fusarium graminearum. Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci. 2008;73:257-62 pubmed..60% compared with the control but for the inoculation at 7 days after the treatment, the intensity was not diminished. ..
- Soroka J, Grenkow L, Irvine R. Impact of decreasing ratios of insecticide-treated seed on flea beetle (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae, Phyllotreta spp.) feeding levels and canola seed yields. J Econ Entomol. 2008;101:1811-20 pubmed..On an economic basis, currently there is no advantage to decreasing the level of insecticide treated canola seed, but other considerations may affect this assessment. ..
- Wang M, Xu H, Yu S, Feng Q, Wang S, Li Z. Synthesis and fungicidal activity of novel aminophenazine-1-carboxylate derivatives. J Agric Food Chem. 2010;58:3651-60 pubmed publisher..piricola at that dosage. Compound IV-6a could be considered as a leading structure for further design of fungicides. ..
- Bolton M, Panella L, Campbell L, Khan M. Temperature, moisture, and fungicide effects in managing Rhizoctonia root and crown rot of sugar beet. Phytopathology. 2010;100:689-97 pubmed publisher..Because R. solani AG-2-2 IIIB and AG-2-2 IV are affected by temperature and moisture, growers may be able to evaluate environmental parameters for optimization of fungicide application. ..
- Dupuis B, Rolot J, Stilmant D, Labbe V, Laguesse L. Evaluation of innovative products to reduce copper applications to control potato late blight in organic production systems. Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci. 2007;72:353-9 pubmed..In conclusion, a wide range of products and additives are proposed on the market but very few of those have a real efficiency. The performance of the most efficient products has to be confirmed in field trials. ..
- Chen C, Yu J, Bi C, Zhang Y, Xu J, Wang J, et al. Mutations in a beta-tubulin confer resistance of Gibberella zeae to benzimidazole fungicides. Phytopathology. 2009;99:1403-11 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that the mutations in the beta(2)tub gene conferred resistance of G. zeae to benzimidazole fungicides and this gene can be used as a genetic marker in G. zeae. ..
- Allan I, Booij K, Paschke A, Vrana B, Mills G, Greenwood R. Field performance of seven passive sampling devices for monitoring of hydrophobic substances. Environ Sci Technol. 2009;43:5383-90 pubmed..Finally, the usefulness of passive sampler-generated contaminant concentrations is demonstrated through the comparison with institutional monitoring and with European Water Framework Directive Environmental Quality Standards (EQS). ..
- Pérez García A, Romero D, Fernández Ortuño D, López Ruiz F, de Vicente A, Torés J. The powdery mildew fungus Podosphaera fusca (synonym Podosphaera xanthii), a constant threat to cucurbits. Mol Plant Pathol. 2009;10:153-60 pubmed publisher..Although great efforts have been invested in disease control, by contrast, many basic aspects of the biology of P. fusca remain unknown...
- Sayyed R, Chincholkar S. Siderophore-producing Alcaligenes feacalis exhibited more biocontrol potential vis-à-vis chemical fungicide. Curr Microbiol. 2009;58:47-51 pubmed publisher..Among all the preparations, siderophore-rich broth exhibited potent antifungal activity. The minimum fungicidal concentration required was 75 microl for A. niger and F. oxysporum and 50 microl for A. flavus and A. alternata. ..
- Sehnem N, Souza Cruz P, Peralba M, Ayub M. Biodegradation of tebuconazole by bacteria isolated from contaminated soils. J Environ Sci Health B. 2010;45:67-72 pubmed publisher..These bacteria present some important characteristics for potential uses on environmental bioremediation, considering that tebucanozale is an extremely recalcitrant chemical. ..
- Mandal S, Das S, Bhattacharyya A. Dissipation study of thiophanate methyl residue in/on grapes (Vitis vinifera L.) in India. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2010;84:592-5 pubmed publisher..8%. Following the first order kinetics the fungicide dissipates in grapes with a half-life (t(1/2)) value of 4.74-6.52 days irrespective of locations and doses...
- Huntzinger C, James R, Bosch J, Kemp W. Laboratory bioassays to evaluate fungicides for chalkbrood control in larvae of the alfalfa leafcutting bee (Hymenoptera: Megachilidae). J Econ Entomol. 2008;101:660-7 pubmed..Fungicides that reduce incidence of chalkbrood and larval mortality in this laboratory study are candidates for further study for chalkbrood control. ..
- Kemmitt G, Deboer G, Ouimette D, Iamauti M. Systemic properties of myclobutanil in soybean plants, affecting control of Asian soybean rust (Phakopsora pachyrhizi). Pest Manag Sci. 2008;64:1285-93 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that the high degree of xylem systemicity displayed by myclobutanil in soybean foliage is a contributory factor towards its commercial effectiveness for control of Asian soybean rust. ..
- Petit A, Fontaine F, Clement C, Vaillant Gaveau N. Gating in grapevine: relationship between application of the fungicide fludioxonil and circadian rhythm on photosynthesis. Environ Pollut. 2009;157:130-4 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that (i) morning fdx treatment results in a non-stomatal limitation of Pn, (ii) midday treatment is more suitable to treat grapevine with fdx and (iii) a phenomenon of gating was noticed. ..