Genomes and Genes
indicators and reagents
Summary: Substances used for the detection, identification, analysis, etc. of chemical, biological, or pathologic processes or conditions. Indicators are substances that change in physical appearance, e.g., color, at or approaching the endpoint of a chemical titration, e.g., on the passage between acidity and alkalinity. Reagents are substances used for the detection or determination of another substance by chemical or microscopical means, especially analysis. Types of reagents are precipitants, solvents, oxidizers, reducers, fluxes, and colorimetric reagents. (From Grant & Hackh's Chemical Dictionary, 5th ed, p301, p499)
- Champlot S, Berthelot C, Pruvost M, Bennett E, Grange T, Geigl E. An efficient multistrategy DNA decontamination procedure of PCR reagents for hypersensitive PCR applications. PLoS ONE. 2010;5: pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that this procedure allows efficient reagent decontamination while preserving the efficiency of PCR amplification of minute quantities of DNA. ..
- Xu H, Jiang W, Feng L, Liu Y, Wu P, Jiang J, et al. Dietary vitamin C deficiency depresses the growth, head kidney and spleen immunity and structural integrity by regulating NF-ÎºB, TOR, Nrf2, apoptosis and MLCK signaling in young grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;52:111-38 pubmed publisher..2, 137.5, 135.8 and 129.8 mg/kg diet, respectively. ..
- Li X, Yu J, Huang W, Huang Q, Yan J, Liang H, et al. [Risk factors analysis of acute respiratory distress syndrome in intensive care unit traumatic patients]. Zhonghua Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue. 2018;30:978-982 pubmed publisher..89% and specificity was 70.29%. The traumatic patients on admission with hyperglycemia, abnormal PaO2/FiO2 and increased SOFA score are more susceptible to ARDS occurrence. ..
- Mokdad A, Forouzanfar M, Daoud F, El Bcheraoui C, Moradi Lakeh M, Khalil I, et al. Health in times of uncertainty in the eastern Mediterranean region, 1990-2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013. Lancet Glob Health. 2016;4:e704-13 pubmed publisher..Based on our findings, we call for increased investment in health in the region in addition to reducing the conflicts. Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. ..
- Allemani C, Matsuda T, Di Carlo V, Harewood R, Matz M, Niksic M, et al. Global surveillance of trends in cancer survival 2000-14 (CONCORD-3): analysis of individual records for 37?513?025 patients diagnosed with one of 18 cancers from 322 population-based registries in 71 countries. Lancet. 2018;391:1023-1075 pubmed publisher
- Mao Z, Shen S, Wan Y, Sun W, Chen H, Huang M, et al. Huangkui capsule attenuates renal fibrosis in diabetic nephropathy rats through regulating oxidative stress and p38MAPK/Akt pathways, compared to Î±-lipoic acid. J Ethnopharmacol. 2015;173:256-65 pubmed publisher..Our findings thus provide the useful information about a clinical combination of HKC and LA in early DN patients. ..
- Ye J, Mo W, Chen Y, Yang A. [An analysis of laboratory results of parameters of organ function in patients with heat stroke]. Zhonghua Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue. 2015;27:658-61 pubmed publisher..Increasing of CK and decreasing of PLT has some value to assess illness changes. It is helpful of laboratory results for doctors to estimate complications on time. ..
- Zheng N, Ding X, Wei D, Dai B, Zheng L, Sumi R, et al. Therapeutic Effects of Coccomyxagloeobotrydiformis on the Metabolic Syndrome in Rats. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2018;48:1519-1529 pubmed publisher..CGD has a therapeutic effect on MS and associated cardiovascular complications by eliciting mitochondrial protection and having anti-oxidation and anti-apoptosis effects. CGD could be used for MS treatment. ..
- Valenzuela R, Echeverría F, Ortiz M, Rincón Cervera M, Espinosa A, Hernandez Rodas M, et al. Hydroxytyrosol prevents reduction in liver activity of ?-5 and ?-6 desaturases, oxidative stress, and depletion in long chain polyunsaturated fatty acid content in different tissues of high-fat diet fed mice. Lipids Health Dis. 2017;16:64 pubmed publisher..HT supplementation prevents metabolic alterations in desaturase activities, oxidative stress status, and n-3 LCPUFA content in the liver and extrahepatic tissues of mice fed HFD. ..
- de la Maza M, Rodriguez J, Hirsch S, Leiva L, Barrera G, Bunout D. Skeletal muscle ceramide species in men with abdominal obesity. J Nutr Health Aging. 2015;19:389-96 pubmed publisher..28). An association was found between accumulation of specific ceramide species in muscle tissue and abdominal obesity, glucose intolerance and shortening of leukocyte telomeres, although not with muscle oxidative injury or dysfunction. ..
- Furll M. [Development and basics of metabolic monitoring in dairy cows. Focus on research in Eastern Germany and at the University of Leipzig, Germany]. Tierarztl Prax Ausg G Grosstiere Nutztiere. 2016;44:107-17 pubmed publisher..These should be tested once a year/herd, if necessary as an inexpensive pool sample for approximately 50 €. ..
- Muthulakshmi S, Maharajan K, Habibi H, Kadirvelu K, Venkataramana M. Zearalenone induced embryo and neurotoxicity in zebrafish model (Danio rerio): Role of oxidative stress revealed by a multi biomarker study. Chemosphere. 2018;198:111-121 pubmed publisher..Hence, in the present study we concluded that oxidative stress is the main culprit in ZEA induced developmental, genotoxicity and neurotoxicity in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Ojeda M, Nogales F, MuÃ±oz Del Valle P, DÃaz Castro J, Murillo M, Carreras O. Metabolic syndrome and selenium in fetal programming: gender differences. Food Funct. 2016;7:3031-8 pubmed publisher..Particularly relevant is the depletion of Se found in the heart of fructose pups, as this element is essential for correct heart function. ..
- Rtibi K, Grami D, Wannes D, Selmi S, Amri M, Sebai H, et al. Ficus carica aqueous extract alleviates delayed gastric emptying and recovers ulcerative colitis-enhanced acute functional gastrointestinal disorders in rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2018;224:242-249 pubmed publisher..The obtained results indicated that FCAE exhibits a natural laxative effect without provoking diarrhea and ameliorates functional gastrointestinal (GI) and motility disorders thus justifying its traditional usage. ..
- Tang Y, Zhou G, Yao L, Xue P, Yu D, Xu R, et al. Protective effect of Ginkgo biloba leaves extract, EGb761, on myocardium injury in ischemia reperfusion rats via regulation of TLR-4/NF-?B signaling pathway. Oncotarget. 2017;8:86671-86680 pubmed publisher..It can be concluded that EGb 761 pretreatment was protected against myocardium I/R injury by decreasing oxidative stress, repressing inflammatory cascade in vivo and inhibiting TLR4/NF-?B pathway...
- Zhou M, Zhu L, Cui X, Feng L, Zhao X, He S, et al. Influence of diet on leukocyte telomere length, markers of inflammation and oxidative stress in individuals with varied glucose tolerance: a Chinese population study. Nutr J. 2016;15:39 pubmed publisher..Diet ingredients significantly impacted on markers of inflammation and oxidative stress, which probably had an effect on LTL. ..
- Huang W, Qin S, Sun Y, Yin S, Fan X, Huang Q, et al. [Establishment of multiple organ dysfunction syndrome early warning score in patients with severe trauma and its clinical significance: a multicenter study]. Zhonghua Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue. 2018;30:41-46 pubmed publisher..MODS warning score can be more comprehensive and timely to assess the possibility of MODS and prognosis of patients with severe trauma, and the prediction result is better than the single use of APTT, APACHE II or SOFA score. ..
- FeijÃ³ Oliveira M, Suda C, Vani G, Donatti L, Rodrigues E, Lavrado H. Metabolic responses of the Antarctic fishes Notothenia rossii and Notothenia coriiceps to sewage pollution. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2015;41:1205-20 pubmed publisher..coriiceps showing greater susceptibility to the toxic effects of the pollutants. The present study suggests that the biochemical responses of these two species are potential indicators of metabolic changes caused by sewage effluents. ..
- Cai H, Su S, Qian D, Guo S, Tao W, Cong X, et al. Renal protective effect and action mechanism of Huangkui capsule and its main five flavonoids. J Ethnopharmacol. 2017;206:152-159 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that Huangkui capsule and the flavonoids components prevent tubulointerstitial fibrosis in CRF rat involvement in the action mechanism of inhibiting NADPH oxidase/ROS/ERK pathway. ..
- Ransome Y, Slopen N, Karlsson O, Williams D. The association between alcohol abuse and neuroendocrine system dysregulation: Race differences in a National sample. Brain Behav Immun. 2017;66:313-321 pubmed publisher..Replication of these analyses in larger cohorts are warranted in addition to further studies of underlying mechanisms among Blacks and Whites separately. ..