Summary: Chemical reactions effected by light.
- Hurrell B, Beaumann M, Heyde S, Regli I, Müller A, Tacchini Cottier F. Frontline Science: Leishmania mexicana amastigotes can replicate within neutrophils. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;102:1187-1198 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data reveal a novel role for neutrophils that can act as a niche for parasite replication during the chronic phase of infection, thereby contributing to disease pathology. ..
- Tartaj P, Morales M, González Carreño T, Veintemillas Verdaguer S, Serna C. The iron oxides strike back: from biomedical applications to energy storage devices and photoelectrochemical water splitting. Adv Mater. 2011;23:5243-9 pubmed
- Chu K, Ye L, Wang W, Wu D, Chan D, Zeng C, et al. Enhanced photocatalytic hydrogen production from aqueous sulfide/sulfite solution by ZnO0.6S0.4 with simultaneous dye degradation under visible-light irradiation. Chemosphere. 2017;183:219-228 pubmed publisher..The present study revealed the feasibility of developing VLD photocatalysis as a sustainable and environmentally friendly technology for concurrent organic pollutant degradation with energy generation. ..
- Kumar S, Reddy N, Kushwaha H, Kumar A, Shankar M, Bhattacharyya K, et al. Efficient Electron Transfer across a ZnO-MoS2 -Reduced Graphene Oxide Heterojunction for Enhanced Sunlight-Driven Photocatalytic Hydrogen Evolution. ChemSusChem. 2017;10:3588-3603 pubmed publisher..Thus, the present work provides very useful insights for the development of inexpensive, multifunctional catalysts without noble metal loading to achieve a high rate of H2 generation. ..
- Jiang L, Qiu Y, Li Y. Effects analysis of substituent characteristics and solvents on the photodegradation of polybrominated diphenyl ethers. Chemosphere. 2017;185:737-745 pubmed publisher..From the viewpoint of light-induced reactions, the electron transfer reactions between molecules of PBDE* T1 and Solvent* T1 are the main driving force for the enhanced photodegradation of PBDEs in solvents compared with that in gas. ..
- Kato M, Ohtake H, Sato H, Seto Y, Onoue S. Enzymatic reactive oxygen species assay to evaluate phototoxic risk of metabolites. Toxicol Lett. 2017;278:59-65 pubmed publisher..The present eROS assay may be applicable in part for evaluating the phototoxic risk of drug candidates after their metabolization in the early stage of drug discovery. ..
- Wen J, Ma C, Huo P, Liu X, Wei M, Liu Y, et al. Construction of vesicle CdSe nano-semiconductors photocatalysts with improved photocatalytic activity: Enhanced photo induced carriers separation efficiency and mechanism insight. J Environ Sci (China). 2017;60:98-107 pubmed publisher..Simultaneously, the vesicle CdSe nano-semiconductor had high efficiency and stability...
- Wang Z, Udmark J, Börjesson K, Rodrigues R, Roffey A, Abrahamsson M, et al. Evaluating Dihydroazulene/Vinylheptafulvene Photoswitches for Solar Energy Storage Applications. ChemSusChem. 2017;10:3049-3055 pubmed publisher..Device experiments demonstrated a solar energy storage efficiency of up to 0.13?% in the chip device and up to 0.02?% in the parabolic collector. Avenues for future improvements and optimization of the system are also discussed. ..
- Barron M. Photoenhanced Toxicity of Petroleum to Aquatic Invertebrates and Fish. Arch Environ Contam Toxicol. 2017;73:40-46 pubmed publisher..Risks of photoenhanced toxicity will be greatest to early life stages of aquatic organisms that are translucent to UV and that inhabit the photic zone of the water column and intertidal areas exposed to oil. ..
- Xu G, Xu Z, Shi Z, Pei L, Yan S, Gu Z, et al. Silicon Photoanodes Partially Covered by Ni@Ni(OH)2 Core-Shell Particles for Photoelectrochemical Water Oxidation. ChemSusChem. 2017;10:2897-2903 pubmed publisher..An onset potential of 1.03?V versus reversible hydrogen electrode (RHE) and a saturated current density of 36.4?mA?cm-2 was obtained for the assembly. ..
- Hou S, Zhuang Y, Deng Y, Xu X. Photostability study of cis-configuration neonicotinoid insecticide cycloxaprid in water. J Environ Sci Health B. 2017;52:525-537 pubmed publisher..The results suggested that NTN32692, the precursor of CYC was the predominant photodegradation product. CYC photodegrades via a more complex mechanism than imidacloprid and four potential photodegradation pathways were proposed. ..
- Liu D, Tian R, Wang J, Nie E, Piao X, Li X, et al. Photoelectrocatalytic degradation of methylene blue using F doped TiO2 photoelectrode under visible light irradiation. Chemosphere. 2017;185:574-581 pubmed publisher..5%) and OH (46.5%). In addition, 8.2% of the MB molecules were discolored by other oxidative species, and 3.8% of the MB molecules were discolored by self-sensitized oxidation. ..
- Lian Z, Pan D, Wang W, Zhang D, Li G, Li H. Photoelectrocatalytic reduction of CO2 to methanol over a photosystem II-enhanced Cu foam/Si-nanowire system. J Environ Sci (China). 2017;60:108-113 pubmed publisher..03mmol/hr) in the absence of bias voltage. This approach makes full use of the energy band mismatch of the photoanode and photocathode to design a highly efficient device for solving environmental issues and producing clean energy...
- Hafner M, Landthaler M, Burger L, Khorshid M, Hausser J, Berninger P, et al. PAR-CliP--a method to identify transcriptome-wide the binding sites of RNA binding proteins. J Vis Exp. 2010;: pubmed publisher..Application of the method to a number of diverse RNA binding proteins was reported in Hafner et al. ..
- Hinojosa Reyes M, Camposeco Solís R, Zanella R, Rodríguez González V. Hydrogen production by tailoring the brookite and Cu2O ratio of sol-gel Cu-TiO2 photocatalysts. Chemosphere. 2017;184:992-1002 pubmed publisher..The activity of hydrogen-through-copper production reported in this research work is comparable with the one featured by noble metals and that reported in the literature for doped TiO2 materials. ..
- Wang Z, Omachi H, Shinohara H. Non-Chromatographic Purification of Endohedral Metallofullerenes. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..Chemical/electrochemical reduction and exohedral functionalization are also utilized to separate and purify metallofullerenes on a large scale. ..
- Yin W, Sun X, Wang W. Enhancement of photocatalytic efficiency by in situ fabrication of BiOBr/BiVO4 surface junctions. J Environ Sci (China). 2017;60:78-83 pubmed publisher..This work has not only demonstrated the important role of efficient adsorption in the photocatalytic degradation of organic contaminants, but also developed a facile strategy to improve the efficiency of photocatalysts...
- Chan D, Yu J, Li Y, Hu Z. A metal-free composite photocatalyst of graphene quantum dots deposited on red phosphorus. J Environ Sci (China). 2017;60:91-97 pubmed publisher..The product exhibited high visible-light-driven photocatalytic performance in the photodegradation of rhodamine B...
- Nakamura S, Hashimoto H, Kobayashi S, Fujimoto K. Photochemical Acceleration of DNA Strand Displacement by Using Ultrafast DNA Photo-crosslinking. Chembiochem. 2017;18:1984-1989 pubmed publisher..The rate of photo-crosslinking is a key factor and the rate of DNA strand displacement is accelerated through ultrafast photo-crosslinking. The rate of DNA strand displacement was regulated by photoirradiation energy. ..
- Liu S, Zhu D, Zhu J, Yang Q, Wu H. Preparation of Ag@AgCl-doped TiO2/sepiolite and its photocatalytic mechanism under visible light. J Environ Sci (China). 2017;60:43-52 pubmed publisher..Therefore, catalysts are excited to produce abundant electron-hole pairs after they absorb photons in photocatalysis...
- Qin D, He C, Li Y, Trammel A, Gu J, Chen J, et al. Fe2 PO5 -Encapsulated Reverse Energetic ZnO/Fe2 O3 Heterojunction Nanowire for Enhanced Photoelectrochemical Oxidation of Water. ChemSusChem. 2017;10:2796-2804 pubmed publisher..Such a nano-composition design offers great promise to improve the overall performance of the photoanode material. ..
- Pashandi Z, Molakarimi M, Mohseni A, Sajedi R, Taghdir M, Naderi Manesh H. Photoinactivation related dynamics of ctenophore photoproteins: Insights from molecular dynamics simulation under electric-field. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:265-270 pubmed publisher..This condition could presumably leads to inactivation of bioluminescence reaction due to separation of substrate from the cavity of the protein. ..
- Kanakaraju D, Ravichandar S, Lim Y. Combined effects of adsorption and photocatalysis by hybrid TiO2/ZnO-calcium alginate beads for the removal of copper. J Environ Sci (China). 2017;55:214-223 pubmed publisher..9-48ppm of similar initial Cu concentrations. Thus, the potential use of TiO2/ZnO-CaAlg beads as environmentally friendly composite material can be further extended for heavy metal removal from contaminated water. ..
- Kaylor J, Xu T, Ingram N, Tsan A, Hakobyan H, Fain G, et al. Blue light regenerates functional visual pigments in mammals through a retinyl-phospholipid intermediate. Nat Commun. 2017;8:16 pubmed publisher..Here the authors show that mammalian photoreceptors also regenerate opsin pigments in light through photoisomerization of N-ret-PE (N-retinylidene-phosphatidylethanolamine. ..
- Bhat S, Jang H. Recent Advances in Bismuth-Based Nanomaterials for Photoelectrochemical Water Splitting. ChemSusChem. 2017;10:3001-3018 pubmed publisher..Key issues are identified and guidelines are suggested to rationalize the design of efficient bismuth-based materials for sunlight-driven water splitting. ..
- Castro G, Rodriguez I, Ramil M, Cela R. Evaluation of nitrate effects in the aqueous photodegradability of selected phenolic pollutants. Chemosphere. 2017;185:127-136 pubmed publisher..Nitration reactions were particularly favourable for OPP with the generated nitro TPs displaying a higher stability than the precursor molecule and the hydroxylated TPs of the same compound. ..
- Wang P. Ag-AgBr/TiO2/RGO nanocomposite: Synthesis, characterization, photocatalytic activity and aggregation evaluation. J Environ Sci (China). 2017;56:202-213 pubmed publisher..In the continuous flow through submerged membrane photoreactor (sMPR) system, backwashing operation could efficiently reduce membrane fouling and recover TiO2, and thus indirectly facilitate the PG removal. ..
- Wang D, Liao S, Zhang S, Wang Y. A Reversed Photosynthesis-like Process for Light-Triggered CO2 Capture, Release, and Conversion. ChemSusChem. 2017;10:2573-2577 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, CO2 released from the system is successfully converted into a stable compound in tandem with specific catalysts. ..
- Pant B, Park M, Lee J, Kim H, Park S. Novel magnetically separable silver-iron oxide nanoparticles decorated graphitic carbon nitride nano-sheets: A multifunctional photocatalyst via one-step hydrothermal process. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2017;496:343-352 pubmed publisher..The obtained results showed that the synthesized material has potential as an economically friendly photocatalyst for environmental and energy applications. ..
- Mo Q, Huang Y, Wang L, Cheng Z, Wu X, Jia Y, et al. Photochemical inactivation of lymphocytes by riboflavin with visible light for TA-GVHD prevention. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;174:276-283 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that RB+L treatment functionally inactivated lymphocytes by inhibiting cell proliferation and cytokine production. RB+L might be an alternative for TA-GVHD prevention. ..
- Huang C, Ding Y, Chen Y, Li P, Zhu S, Shen S. Highly efficient Zr doped-TiO2/glass fiber photocatalyst and its performance in formaldehyde removal under visible light. J Environ Sci (China). 2017;60:61-69 pubmed publisher..14% being observed, which is better than that of the photocatalyst particles alone. The stability of the catalyst was also tested, and ZT/GF exhibited excellent catalytic performance with 94.38% removal efficiency, even after seven uses...
- Khalik W, Ho L, Ong S, Voon C, Wong Y, Yusoff N, et al. Optimization of degradation of Reactive Black 5 (RB5) and electricity generation in solar photocatalytic fuel cell system. Chemosphere. 2017;184:112-119 pubmed publisher..The breakage of azo bond and aromatic rings was confirmed through UV-Vis spectrum and COD analysis. ..
- Tong H, Jiang Y, Zhang Q, Li J, Jiang W, Zhang D, et al. Enhanced Interfacial Charge Transfer on a Tungsten Trioxide Photoanode with Immobilized Molecular Iridium Catalyst. ChemSusChem. 2017;10:3268-3275 pubmed publisher..Ir-PO3 H2 , as a water-oxidation catalyst, can accelerate the surface charge transfer through rapid surface kinetics. ..
- Bhuyan B, Paul A, Paul B, Dhar S, Dutta P. Paederia foetida Linn. promoted biogenic gold and silver nanoparticles: Synthesis, characterization, photocatalytic and in vitro efficacy against clinically isolated pathogens. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;173:210-215 pubmed publisher..Interestingly biogenic gold nanoparticles didn't show any antimicrobial activity. ..
- Beshkar F, Zinatloo Ajabshir S, Bagheri S, Salavati Niasari M. Novel preparation of highly photocatalytically active copper chromite nanostructured material via a simple hydrothermal route. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0158549 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the photocatalytic behavior of as-obtained copper chromite was evaluated by photodegradation of acid blue 92 (anionic dye) as water pollutant...
- Ho W, Tay Q, Qi H, Huang Z, Li J, Chen Z. Photocatalytic and Adsorption Performances of Faceted Cuprous Oxide (Cu₂O) Particles for the Removal of Methyl Orange (MO) from Aqueous Media. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..By adding hole scavengers in the solution, the photocorrosion of Cu₂O was greatly reduced. This observation confirms that the photocatalytically generated holes were responsible for the photocorrosion of Cu₂O. ..
- Ramírez Sánchez I, Tuberty S, Hambourger M, Bandala E. Resource efficiency analysis for photocatalytic degradation and mineralization of estriol using TiO2 nanoparticles. Chemosphere. 2017;184:1270-1285 pubmed publisher..Additionally, it was demonstrated that E3 mineralization was feasible under different catalyst loading scenarios. ..