antidiuretic hormone receptor antagonists
Summary: Endogenous compounds and drugs that inhibit or block the activity of ANTIDUIRETIC HORMONE RECEPTORS.
- Braun M, Mahowald M. Electrolytes: Sodium Disorders. FP Essent. 2017;459:11-20 pubmed..Hypernatremia most often occurs because of water loss or inadequate water intake. Depending on severity, management involves oral or intravenous hypotonic fluids and addressing the underlying cause. ..
- Mantovani E, Pirrone M, Spanu P, Albicini M, Gandola A, Ottolina D, et al. Hypo-osmolar fluid absorption in endoscopic resection: a new pharmacological approach. Minerva Anestesiol. 2015;81:591-2 pubmed
- Zeynalov E, Jones S, Elliott J. Therapeutic time window for conivaptan treatment against stroke-evoked brain edema and blood-brain barrier disruption in mice. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183985 pubmed publisher..Our experimental data open new possibilities to repurpose conivaptan, and make an important "bench-to-bedside translation" of the results into clinical practice. ..
- Janovick J, Spicer T, Bannister T, Scampavia L, Conn P. Pharmacoperone rescue of vasopressin 2 receptor mutants reveals unexpected constitutive activity and coupling bias. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181830 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that particular rescued receptor mutants show functional characteristics that differ from the WT receptor; a finding that may be important to consider as pharmacoperones are developed as therapeutic agents. ..
- Nomoto H, Satoh Y, Kamiyama M, Yabe K, Masumura M, Sakakibara A, et al. Mechanisms of Diuresis for Acute Decompensated Heart Failure by Tolvaptan. Int Heart J. 2017;58:593-600 pubmed publisher..002-5.668 × ?ECW/ICW, r2 = 0.306, P = 0.002).Our findings suggest that WRF is caused by a reduction in intravascular volume and that tolvaptan treatment can decrease the excess volume while maintaining intravascular volume. ..
- Martínez Archundia M, Colín Astudillo B, Moreno Vargas L, Ramírez Galicia G, Garduño Juárez R, Deeb O, et al. Ligand recognition properties of the vasopressin V2 receptor studied under QSAR and molecular modeling strategies. Chem Biol Drug Des. 2017;90:840-853 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the proposed QSAR models can reliably predict the reproductive toxicity potential of diverse chemicals, and they can be useful tools for screening new chemicals for safety assessment. ..
- Gralla R, Ahmad F, Blais J, Chiodo J, Zhou W, Glaser L, et al. Tolvaptan use in cancer patients with hyponatremia due to the syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone: a post hoc analysis of the SALT-1 and SALT-2 trials. Cancer Med. 2017;6:723-729 pubmed publisher..In this post hoc study of the SALT trial population, oral tolvaptan was an effective and safe therapy for the treatment of hyponatremia in subjects with SIADH and cancer. ..
- Rehberg S, Grundling M, Ertmer C. VANISH: a challenge for current sepsis guidelines!. Crit Care. 2016;20:348 pubmed
- Katz D, Locke C, Greco N, Liu W, Tracy K. Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis and depression symptom effects of an arginine vasopressin type 1B receptor antagonist in a one-week randomized Phase 1b trial. Brain Behav. 2017;7:e00628 pubmed publisher..47-1.86, p < 0.01) but not on HAM-D-17. The results support further clinical study of the antidepressant potential of ABT-436. ..