Genomes and Genes
matrix metalloproteinase inhibitors
Summary: Compounds that inhibit the enzyme activity or activation of MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASES.
- Bendeck M, Irvin C, Reidy M. Inhibition of matrix metalloproteinase activity inhibits smooth muscle cell migration but not neointimal thickening after arterial injury. Circ Res. 1996;78:38-43 pubmed..Thus, it appears that inhibiting SMC migration with MMP inhibitors is not sufficient to inhibit lesion growth, and lesion size eventually catches up to control via increased SMC replication. ..
- Scannevin R, Alexander R, Haarlander T, Burke S, Singer M, Huo C, et al. Discovery of a highly selective chemical inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) that allosterically inhibits zymogen activation. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:17963-17974 pubmed publisher..Targeting zymogen activation in this manner may also allow for pharmaceutical exploration of other enzymes previously viewed as intractable drug targets. ..
- Lingling J, Qianbing W. [Progress on matrix metalloproteinase inhibitors]. Hua Xi Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2017;35:208-214 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes progress on matrix metalloproteinase inhibitors (including chlorhexidine, ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, quaternary ammonium salt, tetracycline ..
- Brilha S, Wysoczanski R, Whittington A, Friedland J, Porter J. Monocyte Adhesion, Migration, and Extracellular Matrix Breakdown Are Regulated by Integrin ?V?3 in Mycobacterium tuberculosis Infection. J Immunol. 2017;199:982-991 pubmed publisher..This leads to increased monocyte recruitment and collagenase activity, which will drive inflammatory tissue damage. ..
- Klymenko Y, Kim O, Loughran E, Yang J, Lombard R, Alber M, et al. Cadherin composition and multicellular aggregate invasion in organotypic models of epithelial ovarian cancer intraperitoneal metastasis. Oncogene. 2017;36:5840-5851 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data emphasize the role of Ncad in intraperitoneal seeding of EOC and provide the rationale for future studies targeting Ncad in preclinical models of EOC metastasis. ..
- Gao Q, Wang Y, Hou J, Yao Q, Zhang J. Multiple receptor-ligand based pharmacophore modeling and molecular docking to screen the selective inhibitors of matrix metalloproteinase-9 from natural products. J Comput Aided Mol Des. 2017;31:625-641 pubmed publisher..The found MMP-9 inhibitors of natural products could serve as the lead compounds for designing the new MMP-9 inhibitors by carrying out structural modifications in the future. ..
- Kenney M, Chwa M, Opbroek A, Brown D. Increased gelatinolytic activity in keratoconus keratocyte cultures. A correlation to an altered matrix metalloproteinase-2/tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase ratio. Cornea. 1994;13:114-24 pubmed..These data suggest that a possible alteration in the interaction between MMP-2 and TIMP may play a role in the increased gelatinolytic activity seen in keratoconus tissues. ..
- Liu H, Kenning M, Jobling A, McBrien N, Gentle A. Reduced Scleral TIMP-2 Expression Is Associated With Myopia Development: TIMP-2 Supplementation Stabilizes Scleral Biomarkers of Myopia and Limits Myopia Development. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:1971-1981 pubmed publisher..It follows that replenishment of this TIMP-2 significantly reduced the rate of both scleral collagen degradation and myopia development. ..
- Nelson A, Fingleton B, Rothenberg M, Matrisian L. Matrix metalloproteinases: biologic activity and clinical implications. J Clin Oncol. 2000;18:1135-49 pubmed
- Moz S, Aita A, Basso D, Ramonda R, Plebani M, Punzi L. Spondyloarthritis: Matrix Metalloproteinasesas Biomarkers of Pathogenesis and Response to Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF) Inhibitors. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..The current review focuses on MMPs' role in SpA pathogenesis, diagnosis and therapeutic implications. ..
- Chen Y, Peng W, Raffetto J, Khalil R. Matrix Metalloproteinases in Remodeling of Lower Extremity Veins and Chronic Venous Disease. Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci. 2017;147:267-299 pubmed publisher..Modulation of endogenous tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases (TIMPs), and exogenous synthetic MMP inhibitors may provide new approaches in the management of VVs. ..
- Zhang Y, Chen Q. Relationship between matrix metalloproteinases and the occurrence and development of ovarian cancer. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2017;50:e6104 pubmed publisher..The investigation of MMP mechanism in ovarian cancer will facilitate the development of effective anti-tumor drugs, and thereby improve the survival rate of patients with ovarian cancer. ..
- Huang R, Liang G, Huang X, Zhang B, Zhou M, Liao Z, et al. Discovery of dehydroabietic acid sulfonamide based derivatives as selective matrix metalloproteinases inactivators that inhibit cell migration and proliferation. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;138:979-992 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that DHAA dipeptide derivatives containing the sulfonamide moiety may be the potential MMPs inhibitors with the ability to suppress cells migration. ..
- Trojanek J. [Role of matrix metalloproteinases and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases in hypertension. Pathogenesis of hypertension and obesity]. Postepy Biochem. 2015;61:356-63 pubmed..The fat tissue of obese people is in the state of low intensity chronic inflammation and undergoes continual process of remodeling. Obesity is one of the direct cause of hypertension. ..
- Nicolai E, Sinibaldi F, Sannino G, Lagana G, Basoli F, Licoccia S, et al. Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids Act as Inhibitors of the Matrix Metalloproteinase-2 and Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 Activity. Protein J. 2017;36:278-285 pubmed publisher..This observation is of interest since it assigns to these compounds a key role as MMPs inhibitors, and stimulates further study to better define their therapeutic potentialities in carious decay. ..
- Choi J, Fuerst R, Knapinska A, Taylor A, Smith L, Cao X, et al. Structure-Based Design and Synthesis of Potent and Selective Matrix Metalloproteinase 13 Inhibitors. J Med Chem. 2017;60:5816-5825 pubmed publisher..These compounds exhibit at least 500-fold selectivity versus other MMPs. ..
- Iredale J, Benyon R, Pickering J, McCullen M, Northrop M, Pawley S, et al. Mechanisms of spontaneous resolution of rat liver fibrosis. Hepatic stellate cell apoptosis and reduced hepatic expression of metalloproteinase inhibitors. J Clin Invest. 1998;102:538-49 pubmed
- Wang S, Liu C, Liu X, He Y, Shen D, Luo Q, et al. Effects of matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor doxycycline and CD147 antagonist peptide-9 on gallbladder carcinoma cell lines. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317718192 pubmed publisher..This study provides new information and tries to implement the design of adjuvant therapy method for gallbladder carcinoma...
- Kim J, Jeong Y, Lee E, Park J, Seo H, Kim H. Suppression of neuroinflammation by matrix metalloproteinase-8 inhibitor in aged normal and LRRK2 G2019S Parkinson's disease model mice challenged with lipopolysaccharide. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:879-886 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the data suggested that M8I has a therapeutic potential in treating neurodegenerative diseases that are aggravated by systemic inflammation. ..
- Wang X, Liu J, Wu Q, Wu S, Hao D. The in vitro and in vivo effects of microRNA-133a on intervertebral disc destruction by targeting MMP9 in spinal tuberculosis. Life Sci. 2017;188:198-205 pubmed publisher..MiR-133a could inhibit Collagen degradation by down-regulating MMP-9 expression to attenuate the destructive effects of spinal TB on intervertebral disc. ..
- Zucker S, Cao J. Selective matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) inhibitors in cancer therapy: ready for prime time?. Cancer Biol Ther. 2009;8:2371-3 pubmed
- Panezai J, Bergdahl E, Sundqvist K. T-cell regulation through a basic suppressive mechanism targeting low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 1. Immunology. 2017;152:308-327 pubmed publisher..The disappearance of LRP1 from the cell surface may provide basic immunosuppression at the T-cell level. ..
- DeLeon Pennell K, Meschiari C, Jung M, Lindsey M. Matrix Metalloproteinases in Myocardial Infarction and Heart Failure. Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci. 2017;147:75-100 pubmed publisher..This chapter focuses on the role of MMPs post-MI, the efficiency of MMPs as biomarkers for MI or heart failure, and the future of MMPs and their cleavage products as targets for prevention of post-MI heart failure. ..
- Ricci S, Grandgirard D, Wenzel M, Braccini T, Salvatore P, Oggioni M, et al. Inhibition of matrix metalloproteinases attenuates brain damage in experimental meningococcal meningitis. BMC Infect Dis. 2014;14:726 pubmed publisher..MMPs significantly contribute to brain damage associated with experimental MM. Inhibition of MMPs reduces intracranial complications in mice suffering from MM, representing a potential adjuvant strategy in MM post-infection sequelae. ..
- Caria C, Gotardo E, Santos P, Acedo S, de Morais T, Ribeiro M, et al. Extracellular matrix remodeling and matrix metalloproteinase inhibition in visceral adipose during weight cycling in mice. Exp Cell Res. 2017;359:431-440 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that MMPs inhibition could be an interesting target to improve adipose tissue inflammation during WL and to support weight cyclers. ..
- Sun C, Feng S, Cao Z, Bei J, Chen Q, Zhao W, et al. Up-Regulated Expression of Matrix Metalloproteinases in Endothelial Cells Mediates Platelet Microvesicle-Induced Angiogenesis. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:2319-2332 pubmed publisher..The findings of our study indicate that PMVs promote angiogenesis by up-regulating MMP expression in ECs via mechanism extending beyond the direct delivery of angiogenic factors. ..