Genomes and Genes
angiotensin receptor antagonists
Summary: Agents that antagonize ANGIOTENSIN RECEPTORS. Many drugs in this class specifically target the ANGIOTENSIN TYPE 1 RECEPTOR.
- Peralta C, Frigaard M, Rubinsky A, Rolon L, Lo L, Voora S, et al. Implementation of a pragmatic randomized trial of screening for chronic kidney disease to improve care among non-diabetic hypertensive veterans. BMC Nephrol. 2017;18:132 pubmed publisher..Results from this study can guide design of pragmatic trials in the field of CKD. NCT01978951 ; Date or Registration: 1/17/2014. ..
- Insel T, Winslow J. Central administration of oxytocin modulates the infant rat's response to social isolation. Eur J Pharmacol. 1991;203:149-52 pubmed..These data demonstrate that oxytocin via its central receptor can regulate the response to social isolation. ..
- Mogensen U, Køber L, Kristensen S, Jhund P, Gong J, Lefkowitz M, et al. The effects of sacubitril/valsartan on coronary outcomes in PARADIGM-HF. Am Heart J. 2017;188:35-41 pubmed publisher..Additional studies on the effect of sacubitril/valsartan on atherothrombotic outcomes in high-risk patients are merited. ..
- Chen L, McNeill J, Wilson T, Gopalakrishnan V. Heterogeneity in vascular smooth muscle responsiveness to angiotensin II. Role of endothelin. Hypertension. 1995;26:83-8 pubmed..3 to 8.7) when endothelium was present. These data suggest that there are endothelium-dependent regional variations in vascular tissue sensitivity to Ang II.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Nation D, Ho J, Yew B. Older Adults Taking AT1-Receptor Blockers Exhibit Reduced Cerebral Amyloid Retention. J Alzheimers Dis. 2016;50:779-89 pubmed publisher..These findings may partly explain why ARBs users show reduced progression to dementia despite their lower educational attainment and greater vascular risk burden. ..
- Wu H, Peng C, Chen P, Chiang C, Chang C, Huang J, et al. Comparative effectiveness of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors versus angiotensin II receptor blockers for major renal outcomes in patients with diabetes: A 15-year cohort study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177654 pubmed publisher..001). Our analyses show similar effects of ACEIs and ARBs in patients with diabetes. However, ACEIs might provide additional renoprotective effects among patients who have cardiovascular disease or chronic kidney disease. ..
- Novello M, Rosa M, Ferreira R, Nunes I, Jorge A, Correia D, et al. Compliance with the Prescription of Antihypertensive Medications and Blood Pressure Control in Primary Care. Arq Bras Cardiol. 2017;108:135-142 pubmed publisher..Arq Bras Cardiol. 2017; [online].ahead print, PP.0-0). ..
- Papadimitriou L, Butler J. "Fast Track" Development and Approval Process for Heart Failure Therapeutics. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2017;102:184-186 pubmed publisher..The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already established mechanisms facilitating the latter, but further guidance to enhance and expedite the process holds promise to further improve patient outcomes. ..
- Davis T, Drinkwater J, Davis W. Proton Pump Inhibitors, Nephropathy, and Cardiovascular Disease in Type 2 Diabetes: The Fremantle Diabetes Study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017;102:2985-2993 pubmed publisher..Although PPI use was not associated with a sustained adverse effect on uACR, the association between PPI initiation and both worsening nephropathy and increasing 5-year CVD risk has potential clinical implications in type 2 diabetes. ..
- Barghash M, Desai A. First-in-Class Composite Angiotensin Receptor-Neprilysin Inhibitors (ARNI) in Practice. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2017;102:265-268 pubmed publisher..sup>1 This review discusses the rationale for neprilysin inhibition, data supporting efficacy, and practical tips for patient selection and utilization. ..
- Wu H, Fukuma S, Shimizu S, Norton E, Tu Y, Hung K, et al. Effects of Higher Quality of Care on Initiation of Long-term Dialysis in Patients With CKD and Diabetes. Am J Kidney Dis. 2017;70:666-674 pubmed publisher..Potential misclassification and uncontrolled confounding by indication. Our findings suggest potential opportunities to improve long-term outcomes among patients with diabetes and CKD by improving the quality of their CKD care. ..
- Roldan C, Song J, ENGLE M, Dougherty P. Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors and Angiotensin Receptor Blockers Modulate the Function of Myelinated Fibers after Chemotherapy: A Quantitative Sensory Testing Study. Pain Physician. 2017;20:281-292 pubmed..AT2R inhibitors might offer partial and selective neuroprotective qualities of the myelinated fibers A-beta; and A-delta in cancer patients who receive neurotoxic chemotherapy. ..
- Saad A, Dietz A, Herrmann S, Hickson L, Glockner J, McKusick M, et al. Autologous Mesenchymal Stem Cells Increase Cortical Perfusion in Renovascular Disease. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:2777-2785 pubmed publisher..MSC infusion without main renal artery revascularization associated with increased renal tissue oxygenation and cortical blood flow. ..
- Goh S, Sia C, Ngiam N, Tan B, Lee P, Tay E, et al. Effect of Renin-Angiotensin Blockers on Left Ventricular Remodeling in Severe Aortic Stenosis. Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:1839-1845 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, RAB therapy may be associated with less LV pathological remodeling and have a role in delaying patients from developing cardiovascular complications of AS. ..
- Li X, Sun J, Hu S. The renin-angiotensin system blockers as adjunctive therapy for cancer: a meta-analysis of survival outcome. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2017;21:1375-1383 pubmed..82). Our results suggest that RASBs combined with chemotherapeutic agents may improve outcomes in multiple types' cancer patients. More research and well-designed, rigorous, large clinical trials are required to address these issues. ..
- Singh J, Burrell L, Cherif M, Squire I, Clark A, Lang C. Sacubitril/valsartan: beyond natriuretic peptides. Heart. 2017;103:1569-1577 pubmed publisher..We contend that by pre-emptively inhibiting NEP, sacubitril/valsartan is inducing this surge earlier during decompensation, resulting in the better outcomes observed. ..
- Riispere Z, Kuudeberg A, Seppet E, Sepp K, Ilmoja M, Luman M, et al. Significance of clinical and morphological prognostic risk factors in IgA nephropathy: follow-up study of comparison patient groups with and without renoprotection. BMC Nephrol. 2017;18:89 pubmed publisher..Renoprotection is only effective in preventing the progression of IgAN when clinical and morphological risk factors are modest or missing. ..
- MÃ¡rquez P, Torres O, San JosÃ© A, Vidal X, AgustÃ A, Formiga F, et al. Potentially Inappropriate Antihypertensive Prescriptions to Elderly Patients: Results of a Prospective, Observational Study. Drugs Aging. 2017;34:453-466 pubmed publisher..Underprescription was more frequent than overprescription. ACEIs and beta-blockers were frequently underprescribed and were associated with heart failure admissions. ..
- Lewis E, Claggett B, McMurray J, Packer M, Lefkowitz M, Rouleau J, et al. Health-Related Quality of Life Outcomes in PARADIGM-HF. Circ Heart Fail. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that sacubitril/valsartan leads to better HRQL in surviving patients with heart failure. URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT01035255. ..
- Cao Z, Cooper M, Wu L, Cox A, Jandeleit Dahm K, Kelly D, et al. Blockade of the renin-angiotensin and endothelin systems on progressive renal injury. Hypertension. 2000;36:561-8 pubmed
- Goyache Goñi B, Aranda Lara P, Reyes Engels A, Frutos Sanz M, Hernández Marrero D. The influence of renin-angiotensin system genotypes on the antiproteinuric response to high doses of olmesartan in non-diabetic proteinuric nephropathies. Nefrologia. 2013;33:771-8 pubmed publisher..This decrease was independent of blood pressure control and other confounding factors. RAS polymorphisms may modulate the antiproteinuric response to treatment with ARBs. ..
- Azevedo E, Mak S, Floras J, Parker J. Acute effects of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition versus angiotensin II receptor blockade on cardiac sympathetic activity in patients with heart failure. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2017;313:R410-R417 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study do not support the hypothesis that the acute inhibition of the renin-angiotensin system has sympathoinhibitory effects in patients with chronic HFrEF. ..
- Hagiwara H, Nishikawa R, Fukuzawa K, Tohkin M. The Survey of the Compliance Situation to the Antihypertensive Therapy Guideline by Analyzing Japanese National Claims Data. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2017;137:893-901 pubmed publisher..This study provided a clinically important information and demonstrated the utility of NDB for compliance assessment for therapeutics guideline. ..
- Wallukat G, Homuth V, Fischer T, Lindschau C, Horstkamp B, Jüpner A, et al. Patients with preeclampsia develop agonistic autoantibodies against the angiotensin AT1 receptor. J Clin Invest. 1999;103:945-52 pubmed..The effect appears to be PKC-mediated. These novel autoantibodies may participate in the angiotensin II-induced vascular lesions in these patients. ..
- Timmermans P, Wong P, Chiu A, Herblin W, Benfield P, Carini D, et al. Angiotensin II receptors and angiotensin II receptor antagonists. Pharmacol Rev. 1993;45:205-51 pubmed
- Guo L, Yin A, Zhang Q, Zhong T, O Rourke S, Sun C. Angiotensin-(1-7) attenuates angiotensin II-induced cardiac hypertrophy via a Sirt3-dependent mechanism. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2017;312:H980-H991 pubmed publisher..This protective effect of ANG-(1-7) against the action of ANG II action is mediated by stimulation of sirtuin-3-mediated deacetylation of FoxO3a, which triggers SOD2 expression. ..
- Shimizu M, Wang Q, Sjoquist P, Ryden L. Angiotensin II type 1 receptor blockade with candesartan protects the porcine myocardium from reperfusion-induced injury. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 1998;32:231-8 pubmed..Angiotensin II type 1 receptor blockade supports myocardial functional recovery and reduces infarct size. This effect is not related to improved regional myocardial blood flow during reperfusion. ..
- Chen X, Tummala P, Olbrych M, Alexander R, Medford R. Angiotensin II induces monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 gene expression in rat vascular smooth muscle cells. Circ Res. 1998;83:952-9 pubmed..Ang II may thus promote atherogenesis by direct activation of MCP-1 gene expression in vascular smooth muscle cells. ..
- Delacretaz E, Nussberger J, Biollaz J, Waeber B, Brunner H. Characterization of the angiotensin II receptor antagonist TCV-116 in healthy volunteers. Hypertension. 1995;25:14-21 pubmed..In conclusion, TCV-116 appears to be a well-tolerated, orally active, potent, and long-lasting antagonist of Ang II in men. ..
- De Bortoli N, Ripellino C, Cataldo N, Marchi S. Unspecified intestinal malabsorption in patients treated with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors or angiotensin receptor blockers: a retrospective analysis in primary care settings. Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2017;16:1221-1225 pubmed publisher..this study indicates that ACE-i or ARBs were rarely associated to an unspecified IM diagnosis. No relevant difference between each specific ACE-i and ARB was highlighted. ..
- Kristensen S, Jhund P, Mogensen U, RÃ¸rth R, Abraham W, Desai A, et al. Prognostic Value of N-Terminal Pro-B-Type Natriuretic Peptide Levels in Heart Failure Patients With and Without Atrial Fibrillation. Circ Heart Fail. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..URL: https://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier NCT00853658 (ATMOSPHERE) and NCT01035255 (PARADIGM-HF). ..