Genomes and Genes
f box motifs
Summary: Protein structural motifs that play a role in protein-protein binding. The motifs are comprised of approximately 50 residues. Their name derives from the fact that they were found in cyclin F.
- Kajava A, Anisimova M, Peeters N. Origin and evolution of GALA-LRR, a new member of the CC-LRR subfamily: from plants to bacteria?. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e1694 pubmed publisher..This conclusion provides a strong background for further functional studies aimed at determining the role of these type III effectors in the virulence of R. solanacearum...
- Werden S, McFadden G. The role of cell signaling in poxvirus tropism: the case of the M-T5 host range protein of myxoma virus. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1784:228-37 pubmed
- Hwang G, Ishida Y, Naganuma A. Identification of F-box proteins that are involved in resistance to methylmercury in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:6813-8 pubmed
- Butler D, All O, Goffena J, Loveless T, Wilson T, Toenjes K. The GRR1 gene of Candida albicans is involved in the negative control of pseudohyphal morphogenesis. Fungal Genet Biol. 2006;43:573-82 pubmed..albicans, presumably as the F-box subunit of an SCF ubiquitin ligase, has an essential role in preventing the switch from the yeast cell morphology to a pseudohyphal morphology. ..
- Guo H, Ecker J. Plant responses to ethylene gas are mediated by SCF(EBF1/EBF2)-dependent proteolysis of EIN3 transcription factor. Cell. 2003;115:667-77 pubmed..These results reveal that a ubiquitin/proteasome pathway negatively regulates ethylene responses by targeting EIN3 for degradation, and pinpoint EIN3 regulation as the key step in the response to ethylene. ..
- Hua Y, Chen X, Xiong J, Zhang Y, Zhu Y. [Isolation and analysis of isolation of differentially-methylated fragment CIDM7 in rice induced by cold stress]. Yi Chuan. 2005;27:595-600 pubmed..CIDM7 is demethylated induced by cold stress. Northern blot analysis confirms that CIDM7 gene expression is up-regulated by cold stress. CIDM7 is single copy and lacated on the Nipponbare chromosome 10 (12.56 Mb-12.57 Mb). ..
- Mercer A, Fleming S, Ueda N. F-box-like domains are present in most poxvirus ankyrin repeat proteins. Virus Genes. 2005;31:127-33 pubmed..The large number of different poxviral ANK-F-box proteins suggests a wide range of cellular proteins might be subjected to ubiquitin-mediated degradation, thereby modulating diverse cellular responses to viral infection. ..
- Hagihara S, Totani K, Matsuo I, Ito Y. Thermodynamic analysis of interactions between N-linked sugar chains and F-box protein Fbs1. J Med Chem. 2005;48:3126-9 pubmed..These analyses revealed that Man(3)GlcNAc(2) had the strongest affinity and the chitobiose and alpha1-->6 linked Man residue are necessary for Fbs1 to recognize a sugar. ..
- McClure B. S-RNase and SLF determine S-haplotype-specific pollen recognition and rejection. Plant Cell. 2004;16:2840-7 pubmed
- Jin J, Cardozo T, Lovering R, Elledge S, Pagano M, Harper J. Systematic analysis and nomenclature of mammalian F-box proteins. Genes Dev. 2004;18:2573-80 pubmed
- Zielke N, Querings S, Grosskortenhaus R, Reis T, Sprenger F. Molecular dissection of the APC/C inhibitor Rca1 shows a novel F-box-dependent function. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:1266-72 pubmed..Conversely, S-phase entry is delayed in cells in which endogenous Rca1 is replaced by a transgene lacking the F-box. We propose that Rca1 acts as an F-box protein in an as yet uncharacterized SCF complex, which promotes S-phase entry. ..
- Sonneveld T, Tobutt K, Vaughan S, Robbins T. Loss of pollen-S function in two self-compatible selections of Prunus avium is associated with deletion/mutation of an S haplotype-specific F-box gene. Plant Cell. 2005;17:37-51 pubmed
- Han L, Mason M, Risseeuw E, Crosby W, Somers D. Formation of an SCF(ZTL) complex is required for proper regulation of circadian timing. Plant J. 2004;40:291-301 pubmed..Taken together, our data establish SCFZTL as an essential SCF class E3 ligase controlling circadian period in plants. ..
- Zeng L, Gu S, Li Y, Wang W, Huang Y, Ye X, et al. cDNA cloning and expression analysis of a novel human F-box domain containing gene. Mol Biol Rep. 2004;31:51-7 pubmed..RT-PCR analysis indicated that FBXO35 gene had a ubiquitously low expression pattern in most human adult tissues. According to bioinformatics analysis, the FBXO35 gene was found located in chromosome 3p21. ..