Summary: Release of drugs from DOSAGE FORMS into solution.
- Gao L, Wang H, Nan L, Peng T, Sun L, Zhou J, et al. Erythrocyte Membrane-Wrapped pH Sensitive Polymeric Nanoparticles for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Therapy. Bioconjug Chem. 2017;28:2591-2598 pubmed publisher..This study may provide an effective strategy for improving the antitumor effect of NDDS...
- Vergaro V, Papadia P, Petrini P, Fanizzi F, De Pascali S, Baldassarre F, et al. Nanostructured polysaccharidic microcapsules for intracellular release of cisplatin. Int J Biol Macromol. 2017;99:187-195 pubmed publisher..Specifically, the amount of platinum reaching genomic DNA was measured, showing that encapsulation improves the nuclear delivery of the drug for both cell lines. ..
- Narayan R, Pednekar A, Bhuyan D, Gowda C, Koteshwara K, Nayak U. A top-down technique to improve the solubility and bioavailability of aceclofenac: in vitro and in vivo studies. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:4921-4935 pubmed publisher..Hence, it may be a viable and cost-effective alternative to the current therapy. ..
- Nguyen T, Nguyen T, Nguyen C, Nguyen D. Redox and pH Responsive Poly (Amidoamine) Dendrimer-Heparin Conjugates via Disulfide Linkages for Letrozole Delivery. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:8589212 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that the P-SS-Hep conjugates could be a promising candidate as redox and pH responsive nanocarriers for cancer chemotherapy. ..
- Pan M, Li W, Yang J, Li Z, Zhao J, Xiao Y, et al. Plumbagin-loaded aptamer-targeted poly D,L-lactic-co-glycolic acid-b-polyethylene glycol nanoparticles for prostate cancer therapy. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7405 pubmed publisher..5?hours for targeted and nontargeted NPs. The IC50 of targeted NPs and nontargeted NPs was 32.59?±?8.03??M and 39.02?±?7.64??M, respectively.Plumbagin-loaded PSMA aptamer-targeted NPs can be used in targeted chemotherapy against PCa...
- Tuğcu Demiröz F. Vaginal Delivery of Benzydamine Hydrochloride through Liposomes Dispersed in Mucoadhesive Gels. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2017;65:660-667 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, BNZ mucoadhesive vaginal lipogel formulations can be promising alternatives to traditional dosage forms for vaginal topical therapy. ..
- Teżyk M, Jakubowska E, Milanowski B, Lulek J. Implementation of quality by design approach in manufacturing process optimization of dry granulated, immediate release, coated tablets - a case study. Drug Dev Ind Pharm. 2017;43:1626-1636 pubmed publisher..Simultaneously, none of the tested coating factors have influence on disintegration time. The observation was confirmed by conducting film coating of pilot size batches. ..
- Ahirrao M, Shrotriya S. In vitro and in vivo evaluation of cubosomal in situ nasal gel containing resveratrol for brain targeting. Drug Dev Ind Pharm. 2017;43:1686-1693 pubmed publisher..n.) and drug solution (oral). Finally the cubosomal gel could be considered as a promising carrier for brain targeting of Resveratrol (Res) through transnasal route. ..
- Hao N, Sun C, Wu Z, Xu L, Gao W, Cao J, et al. Fabrication of Polymeric Micelles with Aggregation-Induced Emission and Forster Resonance Energy Transfer for Anticancer Drug Delivery. Bioconjug Chem. 2017;28:1944-1954 pubmed publisher..In summary, this micelle provided an effective way to fabricate novel nanoplatform for intracellular imaging, drug-delivery tracing, and chemotherapy...
- Hanif M, Zaman M. Thiolation of arabinoxylan and its application in the fabrication of controlled release mucoadhesive oral films. Daru. 2017;25:6 pubmed publisher..Schematic diagram showing conversion of ARX to TARX, TARX to oral film and evaluation of fabricated oral film. ..
- Barahuie F, Dorniani D, Saifullah B, Gothai S, Hussein M, Pandurangan A, et al. Sustained release of anticancer agent phytic acid from its chitosan-coated magnetic nanoparticles for drug-delivery system. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:2361-2372 pubmed publisher..No cytotoxic effect was observed on normal cells (3T3 fibroblast cells). This result indicates that PTA-CS-MNP nanocomposite can inhibit the proliferation of colon cancer cells without causing any harm to normal cell...
- Reda R, Wen M, El Kamel A. Ketoprofen-loaded Eudragit electrospun nanofibers for the treatment of oral mucositis. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:2335-2351 pubmed publisher..Eudragit L100 nanofibers (EL-NF) loaded with KET (F1) suppressed the inflammatory response associated with mucositis, which confirmed the efficacy of local buccal delivery of KET-loaded EL-NF in treating oral mucositis. ..
- Zawahir S, Gawarammana I, Dargan P, Abdulghni M, Dawson A. Activated charcoal significantly reduces the amount of colchicine released from Gloriosa superba in simulated gastric and intestinal media. Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2017;55:914-918 pubmed publisher..Poisoning with Gloriosa superba, a plant containing colchicine, is common in Sri Lanka...
- Wang Y, Wang K, Zhang R, Liu X, Yan X, Wang J, et al. Synthesis of core-shell graphitic carbon@silica nanospheres with dual-ordered mesopores for cancer-targeted photothermochemotherapy. ACS Nano. 2014;8:7870-9 pubmed..Thus, the MMPSD system exhibited efficient drug loading capacity, high targeting ability, sensitive NIR/pH-responsive DOX release, sustained release, and excellent combined antitumor activity. ..
- Huang H, Yang D, Liu M, Wang X, Zhang Z, Zhou G, et al. pH-sensitive Au-BSA-DOX-FA nanocomposites for combined CT imaging and targeted drug delivery. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:2829-2843 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that Au-BSA-DOX-FA nanocomposite is a novel drug delivery carrier and a promising candidate for cancer theranostic applications. ..
- Chen W, Li F, Tang Y, Yang S, Li J, Yuan Z, et al. Stepwise pH-responsive nanoparticles for enhanced cellular uptake and on-demand intracellular release of doxorubicin. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:4241-4256 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, stepwise pH-responsive NPs showed enhanced antiproliferation effect and reduced systemic side effect in vivo. Hence, the stepwise pH-responsive NPs provide a promising strategy for efficient delivery of antitumor agents. ..
- Zhou L, Zhang P, Chen Z, Cai S, Jing T, Fan H, et al. Preparation, characterization, and evaluation of amphotericin B-loaded MPEG-PCL-g-PEI micelles for local treatment of oral Candida albicans. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:4269-4283 pubmed publisher..albicans. Thus, it was concluded that AmB/MPP micelles represent a promising novel drug delivery system for the local treatment of oral C. albicans infections. ..
- Kishimoto S, Fujitani N, Ohnishi T, Aoki H, Suzuki R, Fukushima S. Cisplatin-loaded, Sialyl Lewis X-Modified Liposomes: Drug Release, Biodistribution and Antitumor Efficacy. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:6055-6061 pubmed..Each had the same lipid composition and CDDP concentration, but a different drug-to-lipid ratio...
- Lou S, Zhang X, Zhang M, Ji S, Wang W, Zhang J, et al. Preparation of a dual cored hepatoma-specific star glycopolymer nanogel via arm-first ATRP approach. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:3653-3664 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that the lactose-decorated star-shaped nanogels are dual responsive and hepatoma targeted, and could be employed as hepatoma-specific anti-cancer drug delivery vehicle for cancer chemotherapy...
- Zhu W, Yang S, Qu C, Zhu Q, Chen W, Li F, et al. Low-density lipoprotein-coupled micelles with reduction and pH dual sensitivity for intelligent co-delivery of paclitaxel and siRNA to breast tumor. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:3375-3393 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the novel dual pH/redox-sensitive polymers co-delivering siRNA and PTX with excellent biocompatibility and effective reversal of MDR demonstrate a considerable potential in cancer therapy. ..
- Moss M, Maskell K, Hieger M, Wills B, Cumpston K. An algorithm for identifying mothball composition. Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2017;55:919-921 pubmed publisher..Mothball materials can be distinguished by immersion in water and 50% dextrose. Limitations of this study include using camphor tablets as a substitute for mothballs given lack of availability. ..
- Yuan X, Xie Q, Su K, Li Z, Dong D, Wu B. Systemic delivery of the anticancer agent arenobufagin using polymeric nanomicelles. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:4981-4989 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the mPEG-PLGA-based nanomicelle system is a satisfactory carrier for the systemic delivery of ABG. ..
- Stoicea N, Fiorda Diaz J, Joseph N, Shabsigh M, Arias Morales C, Gonzalez Zacarias A, et al. Advanced Analgesic Drug Delivery and Nanobiotechnology. Drugs. 2017;77:1069-1076 pubmed publisher..To ensure safety, the interaction of nanoparticles with the human body requires further investigation on an individual drug basis, since different formulations have unique properties and side effects. ..
- Mouthuy P, Somogyi Škoc M, Cipak Gašparović A, Milković L, Carr A, Zarkovic N. Investigating the use of curcumin-loaded electrospun filaments for soft tissue repair applications. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:3977-3991 pubmed publisher..This study also highlighted the need to explore lower concentrations when using polymers as PDO, such as those with polycaprolactone and other degradable polyesters. ..
- Ho M, Chang H, Chang Y, Claudia J, Lin T, Chang P. PDGF-metronidazole-encapsulated nanofibrous functional layers on collagen membrane promote alveolar ridge regeneration. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:5525-5535 pubmed publisher..The design represents a beneficial modification, which may be easily adapted for future clinical use. ..
- Taghavi S, Ramezani M, Alibolandi M, Abnous K, Taghdisi S. Chitosan-modified PLGA nanoparticles tagged with 5TR1 aptamer forÂ inÂ vivo tumor-targeted drug delivery. Cancer Lett. 2017;400:1-8 pubmed publisher..This study indicated Epi-PLGA-CS-Apt has great potential as a promising nanoplatform for inÂ vivo cancer therapy and could be of great value in medical use. ..
- Ikeuchi Takahashi Y, Ishihara C, Onishi H. Evaluation of polyvinyl alcohols as mucoadhesive polymers for mucoadhesive buccal tablets prepared by direct compression. Drug Dev Ind Pharm. 2017;43:1489-1500 pubmed publisher..We identified the optimal characteristics of PVA, and the usefulness of mucoadhesive buccal tablets containing this PVA was suggested from their formulation properties. ..
- Sherin S, Sheeja S, Sudha Devi R, Balachandran S, Soumya R, Abraham A. In vitro and in vivo pharmacokinetics and toxicity evaluation of curcumin incorporated titanium dioxide nanoparticles for biomedical applications. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;275:35-46 pubmed publisher..The overall results indicated that the CTNPs are nontoxic and is highly stable with improved site specific application compared to native curcumin and are suitable for biomedical applications. ..
- Esmaeili A, Mousavi S. Synthesis of a novel structure for the oral delivery of insulin and the study of its effect on diabetic rats. Life Sci. 2017;186:43-49 pubmed publisher..At every step of the synthesis, the products were identified using different methods, including XRD, FT-IR, SEM, and TGA. The final drug was studied in terms of in vitro & in vivo and MTT toxicity was evaluated. ..
- Charych D, Khalili S, Dixit V, Kirk P, Chang T, Langowski J, et al. Modeling the receptor pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of NKTR-214, a kinetically-controlled interleukin-2 (IL2) receptor agonist for cancer immunotherapy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179431 pubmed publisher..The model accurately describes the sustained in vivo signaling observed after a single dose of NKTR-214 and explains how the properties of NKTR-214 impart a unique kinetically-controlled immunological mechanism of action. ..
- Li H, Shao S, Cai J, Burner D, Lu L, Chen Q, et al. Artificial human antigen-presenting cells are superior to dendritic cells at inducing cytotoxic T-cell responses. Immunology. 2017;152:462-471 pubmed publisher..The development of aAPCs with PLGA-NPs encapsulating tumour antigenic peptides is a promising approach for the generation of effective CTL responses in vitro and warrants further assessments in clinical trials. ..
- Ling D, Xia H, Park W, Hackett M, Song C, Na K, et al. pH-sensitive nanoformulated triptolide as a targeted therapeutic strategy for hepatocellular carcinoma. ACS Nano. 2014;8:8027-39 pubmed..Conversely, our pH-sensitive nanoformulated triptolide facilitates uptake into the tumor, and specifically tumor cells, leading to a further increase in efficacy while mitigating systemic toxicity. ..
- Yang H, Deng L, Li T, Shen X, Yan J, Zuo L, et al. Multifunctional PLGA Nanobubbles as Theranostic Agents: Combining Doxorubicin and P-gp siRNA Co-Delivery Into Human Breast Cancer Cells and Ultrasound Cellular Imaging. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2015;11:2124-36 pubmed..These results demonstrated that the developed DOX-PLGA/PEI/P-gp shRNA NBs is a potential, safe and efficient theranotic agent for cancer therapy and diagnostics. ..
- Xue X, Jin S, Zhang C, Yang K, Huo S, Chen F, et al. Probe-inspired nano-prodrug with dual-color fluorogenic property reveals spatiotemporal drug release in living cells. ACS Nano. 2015;9:2729-39 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, different intracellular drug release kinetics between free doxorubicin and its nanoformulations were also observed in a real-time manner. ..
- Sadighian S, Rostamizadeh K, Hosseini M, Hamidi M, Hosseini Monfared H. Magnetic nanogels as dual triggered anticancer drug delivery: Toxicity evaluation on isolated rat liver mitochondria. Toxicol Lett. 2017;278:18-29 pubmed publisher..The results also revealed that the nanogels and the magnetite nanogels seem to possess promising capability as a safe carrier in comparison of the toxic potential effect of free doxorubicin. ..
- Vimbela G, Ngo S, Fraze C, Yang L, Stout D. Antibacterial properties and toxicity from metallic nanomaterials. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:3941-3965 pubmed publisher..This article highlights the benefits of selecting each material or metal-based composite for certain applications while also addressing possible setbacks and the toxic effects of the nanomaterials on the environment. ..
- Gupta V, Fakhri A, Agarwal S, Ahmadi E, Nejad P. Synthesis and characterization of MnO2/NiO nanocomposites for photocatalysis of tetracycline antibiotic and modification with guanidine for carriers of Caffeic acid phenethyl ester-an anticancer drug. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;174:235-242 pubmed publisher..The anticancer drug loaded on guanidine-NiO and guanidine-MnO2/NiO in high concentration has an antioxidant property. ..
- Hussain A, Singh S, Sharma D, Webster T, Shafaat K, Faruk A. Elastic liposomes as novel carriers: recent advances in drug delivery. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:5087-5108 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, it provides future directions that should ensure the widespread use of ELs across all medical fields. ..
- Zheng Y, Ren J, Wu Y, Meng X, Zhao Y, Wu C. Proteolytic Unlocking of Ultrastable Twin-Acylhydrazone Linkers for Lysosomal Acid-Triggered Release of Anticancer Drugs. Bioconjug Chem. 2017;28:2620-2626 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our study shows the design of PTA-linked prodrugs and the proof-of-concept application of the PTA linkers for site-specific release of anticancer drugs into cancer cells...
- Bashir S, Teo Y, Naeem S, Ramesh S, Ramesh K. pH responsive N-succinyl chitosan/Poly (acrylamide-co-acrylic acid) hydrogels and in vitro release of 5-fluorouracil. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179250 pubmed publisher..From the above results, it can be concluded that the synthesized hydrogels have capability to adapt their potential exploitation as targeted oral drug delivery carriers. ..
- Gupta S, Kesarla R, Chotai N, Misra A, Omri A. Systematic Approach for the Formulation and Optimization of Solid Lipid Nanoparticles of Efavirenz by High Pressure Homogenization Using Design of Experiments for Brain Targeting and Enhanced Bioavailability. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:5984014 pubmed publisher
- Chen M, Liu Y, Su G, Song F, Liu Y, Zhang Q. NIR responsive liposomal system for rapid release of drugs in cancer therapy. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:4225-4239 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrated that Cypate/DOX-BTSL has the potential to be used as a NIR responsive liposomal system for a rapid release of drugs in thermochemotherapy. ..
- Wu Z, Li Q, Pan Y, Yao Y, Tang S, Su J, et al. Nanoporosity improved water absorption, in vitro degradability, mineralization, osteoblast responses and drug release of poly(butylene succinate)-based composite scaffolds containing nanoporous magnesium silicate compared with magnesium silicate. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:3637-3651 pubmed publisher
- Dissanayake S, Denny W, Gamage S, Sarojini V. Recent developments in anticancer drug delivery using cell penetrating and tumor targeting peptides. J Control Release. 2017;250:62-76 pubmed publisher..A short section on CPPs used in multicomponent drug delivery systems is also included. ..
- Zhu Y, Wu Y, Zhang H, Wang Z, Wang S, Qian Y, et al. Enhanced Anti-Metastatic Activity of Etoposide Using Layered Double Hydroxide Nano Particles. J Biomed Nanotechnol. 2015;11:2158-68 pubmed
- Lam W, Wang Y, Chan P, Chan S, Tsang Y, Chua H, et al. Production of polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHA) using sludge from different wastewater treatment processes and the potential for medical and pharmaceutical applications. Environ Technol. 2017;38:1779-1791 pubmed publisher..After 20 days, the cells successfully grew on 90% of the PHA-aortic valve. ..
- Hu X, Wang Y, Zhang L, Xu M, Zhang J, Dong W. Dual-pH/Magnetic-Field-Controlled Drug Delivery Systems Based on Fe3 O4 @SiO2 -Incorporated Salecan Graft Copolymer Composite Hydrogels. ChemMedChem. 2017;12:1600-1609 pubmed publisher..This salecan-g-poly(PA-co-HEAA)/Fe3 O4 @SiO2 composite hydrogel is a promising drug carrier for magnetically targeted drug delivery with enhanced DOX cytotoxicity against A549 cells. ..
- Barbari G, Dorkoosh F, Amini M, Sharifzadeh M, Atyabi F, Balalaie S, et al. A novel nanoemulsion-based method to produce ultrasmall, water-dispersible nanoparticles from chitosan, surface modified with cell-penetrating peptide for oral delivery of proteins and peptides. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:3471-3483 pubmed publisher..The cell culture results for translocation of insulin across the cell monolayer are very promising (15%-19% increase), and animal studies are actively under progress and will be published separately. ..
- K S J, S S, Kalarikkal N, Pothen L, Thomas S. Gelatin modified lipid nanoparticles for anti- viral drug delivery. Chem Phys Lipids. 2017;207:24-37 pubmed publisher..Hence the present study focuses on the feasibility of zidovudine-loaded polymer modified lipid nanoparticles as carriers for safe and efficient HIV/AIDS therapy. ..