Genomes and Genes
Summary: The formation of a solid in a solution as a result of a chemical reaction or the aggregation of soluble substances into complexes large enough to fall out of solution.
- Chang L. Development of terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase activity in embryonic calf thymus gland. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1971;44:124-31 pubmed
- Niu Z, Pang R, Liu W, Li Q, Cheng R, Yeung W. Polymer-based precipitation preserves biological activities of extracellular vesicles from an endometrial cell line. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186534 pubmed publisher..The simple setup and low equipment demands makes PBP the most suitable method for rapid EV assessment and isolation of EVs in clinical and basic research settings...
- Sinha Y, Gilligan T, Lee D, Hollingsworth D, Markoff E. Cleaved prolactin: evidence for its occurrence in human pituitary gland and plasma. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1985;60:239-43 pubmed..We describe here detection of cleaved PRL in normal and tumor pituitary tissue from a prolactinoma patient and in the plasma of pregnant women. ..
- Rahmad N, Al Obaidi J, Nor Rashid N, Zean N, Mohd Yusoff M, Shaharuddin N, et al. Comparative proteomic analysis of different developmental stages of the edible mushroom Termitomyces heimii. Biol Res. 2014;47:30 pubmed publisher..Moreover, enzymes involved in cell wall component degradation were up-regulated in the earlier stages of mushroom development. ..
- Cathala G, Savouret J, Mendez B, West B, Karin M, Martial J, et al. A method for isolation of intact, translationally active ribonucleic acid. DNA. 1983;2:329-35 pubmed..The procedure yields large mRNA precursors up to 10 kb and mRNA species which translate very well. However, small (less than 300 nucleotides) RNA species are recovered with a poor yield. ..
- Wessel D, Flügge U. A method for the quantitative recovery of protein in dilute solution in the presence of detergents and lipids. Anal Biochem. 1984;138:141-3 pubmed..g., column chromatography effluents) has been developed. The effectiveness of this method is not affected by the presence of detergents, lipids, salt, buffers, and beta-mercaptoethanol. ..
- Bugos R, Chiang V, Zhang X, Campbell E, Podila G, Campbell W. RNA isolation from plant tissues recalcitrant to extraction in guanidine. Biotechniques. 1995;19:734-7 pubmed
- Yang Y, Zhang L, Du X, Zhang S, Li L, Jiang Z, et al. Recovery and purification of limonin from pummelo [Citrus grandis] peel using water extraction, ammonium sulfate precipitation and resin adsorption. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1060:150-157 pubmed publisher..This study indicates a novel and eco-friendly process for recovering limonin, providing a new candidate for limonin preparation. ..
- Koontongkaew S, Jitpukdeebodintra S. Interaction of chlorhexidine with cytoplasmic membranes of Streptococcus mutans GS-5. Caries Res. 1995;29:413-7 pubmed..Chlorhexidine, being cationic, may interact with bacteria by attraction to negative-charge membrane components. ..
- Iu L, Fan M, Lam W, Wong I. Repeated intraocular crystallization of ganciclovir in one eye after bilateral intravitreal injections: a case report. BMC Ophthalmol. 2018;18:36 pubmed publisher..The susceptible intraocular environment could be persistent leading to repeated crystallization. ..
- Price M, Wilkinson I, Gentry L. Plate method for detection of phospholipase activity in Candida albicans. Sabouraudia. 1982;20:7-14 pubmed..Fifth % of wound isolates and 30% of urine isolates are also positive. A larger sample group must be studied, however, before it can be determined whether these differences are highly significant. ..
- Kushner P, Stephenson D, Sternberg H, Weber R. Monoclonal antibody Tor 23 recognizes a determinant of a presynaptic acetylcholinesterase. J Neurochem. 1987;48:1942-53 pubmed..Tor 23 localizes to the nerve and is not clustered at the endplate. The utility of the antibody Tor 23 thus includes biochemical and histological analyses of the multiple forms of acetylcholinesterase. ..
- Geneser Jensen F, Blackstad T. Distribution of acetyl cholinesterase in the hippocampal region of the guinea pig. I. Entorhinal area, parasubiculum, and presubiculum. Z Zellforsch Mikrosk Anat. 1971;114:460-81 pubmed
- Berghem L, Pettersson L. The mechanism of enzymatic cellulose degradation. Isolation and some properties of a beta-glucosidase from Trichoderma viride. Eur J Biochem. 1974;46:295-305 pubmed
- Warnick G, Albers J. A comprehensive evaluation of the heparin-manganese precipitation procedure for estimating high density lipoprotein cholesterol. J Lipid Res. 1978;19:65-76 pubmed
- Gat D, Ronen Z, Tsesarsky M. Long-term sustainability of microbial-induced CaCO3 precipitation in aqueous media. Chemosphere. 2017;184:524-531 pubmed publisher..These results provide basic insights into the sustainability of ureolytic MICP and should further encourage removal of the accumulated ammonia from the treated site. ..
- Robertson H, Altman S, Smith J. Purification and properties of a specific Escherichia coli ribonuclease which cleaves a tyrosine transfer ribonucleic acid presursor. J Biol Chem. 1972;247:5243-51 pubmed
- Greisman S, Young E, DuBuy B. Mechanisms of endotoxin tolerance. 8. Specificity of serum transfer. J Immunol. 1973;111:1349-60 pubmed
- Mutlu I. Production and Precipitation Hardening of Mg-Ca-Zn-Co Alloy for Tissue Engineering. Magnes Res. 2017;30:16-27 pubmed publisher..Alloying element addition increased the Young's modulus of the specimens. Precipitation hardening of the Mg-Ca-Zn-Co alloy increased the Young's modulus and the corrosion rate of the specimens. ..
- Araoz R, Anhalt E, Rene L, Badet Denisot M, Courvalin P, Badet B. Mechanism-based inactivation of VanX, a D-alanyl-D-alanine dipeptidase necessary for vancomycin resistance. Biochemistry. 2000;39:15971-9 pubmed..E., et al. (1998) Mol. Cell 2, 75-84] associated with the high observed partition ratio of 7500+/-500 suggest that the inhibitor is likely to react at the entrance of the active site cavity. ..
- Lloyd K. The preparation of two insoluble forms of the phytohemagglutinin, concanavalin A, and their interactions with polysaccharides and glycoproteins. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1970;137:460-8 pubmed
- Hofmann A, Mysels K. Bile acid solubility and precipitation in vitro and in vivo: the role of conjugation, pH, and Ca2+ ions. J Lipid Res. 1992;33:617-26 pubmed..abstract truncated at 400 words) ..
- Cason E, Williams P, Ojo E, Castillo J, DeFlaun M, van Heerden E. Hexavalent chromium bioreduction and chemical precipitation of sulphate as a treatment of site-specific fly ash leachates. World J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2017;33:88 pubmed publisher..This is the first effective demonstration of an integrated system combining a biological and chemical strategy for the remediation of multi-contaminants present in fly ash leachate in South Africa. ..
- Fernández Cidón B, Padró Miquel A, Alía Ramos P, Castro Castro M, Fanlo Maresma M, Dot Bach D, et al. Reference values assessment in a Mediterranean population for small dense low-density lipoprotein concentration isolated by an optimized precipitation method. Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2017;13:201-207 pubmed publisher..Measured values were equivalent to those obtained with the reference method, assuring its clinical application when tested in both normolipidemic and dyslipidemic subjects. ..
- Sorrentino M, Capozzi F, Giordano S, Spagnuolo V. Genotoxic effect of Pb and Cd on in vitro cultures of Sphagnum palustre: An evaluation by ISSR markers. Chemosphere. 2017;181:208-215 pubmed publisher..In light of these findings, we concluded that probably Pb induced a genotoxic effect at lower intracellular concentrations than Cd. ..
- Kitamura T, Zerwekh J, Pak C. Partial biochemical and physicochemical characterization of organic macromolecules in urine from patients with renal stones and control subjects. Kidney Int. 1982;21:379-86 pubmed..The inhibition rose progressively with the decreasing size of organic materials. The calculated total inhibitor activity for the stone-forming group was 36% lower than that obtained in the control group. ..
- Hu H, Li X, Huang P, Zhang Q, Yuan W. Efficient removal of copper from wastewater by using mechanically activated calcium carbonate. J Environ Manage. 2017;203:1-7 pubmed publisher..It is important to develop a new chemical precipitation method suitable for removing copper particularly at low concentration as the case of waste mine water, ..
- Rubin E, Katz A, Lieber C, Stein E, Puszkin S. Muscle damage produced by chronic alcohol consumption. Am J Pathol. 1976;83:499-516 pubmed..The changes decribed in this study were found after alcohol administration had been discontinued, and they may play a role in the development of alcoholic myopathy and cardiomyopathy. ..
- Zheng X, Dou J, Yuan J, Qin W, Hong X, Ding A. Removal of Cs+ from water and soil by ammonium-pillared montmorillonite/Fe3O4 composite. J Environ Sci (China). 2017;56:12-24 pubmed publisher..In addition, the adsorption mechanism of Cs+ was NH4+ ion exchange and surface hydroxyl group coordination, with the former being more predominant. ..
- Manamperuma L, Wei L, Ratnaweera H. Multi-parameter based coagulant dosing control. Water Sci Technol. 2017;75:2157-2162 pubmed publisher..The considerable savings reduce sludge production, leading to further cost saving on sludge treatment. This paper presents the method, function and experiences of the full-scale implementation of the system in different WWTPs. ..
- Filho J, Tonetti A, Guimarães M, Silva D. Nutrient recovery from airplane wastewater: composition, treatment and ecotoxicological assay. Water Sci Technol. 2017;75:1952-1960 pubmed publisher..of this study was to characterize and analyze the treatment of wastewater from airplane toilets through chemical precipitation for the removal of ammonia in the form of struvite...
- Dimroth P, Walter H, Lynen F. [Biosynthesis of 6-methylsalicylic acid]. Eur J Biochem. 1970;13:98-110 pubmed
- Gross G, Zenk M. [Reduction of aromatic acids to aldehydes and alcohols in the cell-free system. 1. Purification and properties of aryl-aldehyde: NADP-oxidoreductase from Neurospora crassa]. Eur J Biochem. 1969;8:413-9 pubmed
- van der Meer J, Kellenbach E, van den Bos L. From Farm to Pharma: An Overview of Industrial Heparin Manufacturing Methods. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..However by reviewing the academic and patent literature, we aim to provide a comprehensive overview of the general methods used in industry for the extraction of heparin from animal tissue. ..
- Lee Y, Kim H, Park W. Non-ureolytic calcium carbonate precipitation by Lysinibacillus sp. YS11 isolated from the rhizosphere of Miscanthus sacchariflorus. J Microbiol. 2017;55:440-447 pubmed publisher..Strain YS11 has resistance at high pH and in high salt concentrations, as well as its spore-forming ability, which supports its potential application for self-healing concrete. ..
- Kim J, Tran T, Hong S, Jeong J. A reference measurement procedure for amino acids in blood using isotope dilution ultra-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1055-1056:72-80 pubmed publisher..The optimized protocol was found to be suitable for the accurate quantification of five AAs in serum, and may satisfactorily serve as a primary method for AA measurement in various blood matrices. ..
- Hou M, Ge J. Armoring Enzymes by Metal-Organic Frameworks by the Coprecipitation Method. Methods Enzymol. 2017;590:59-75 pubmed publisher..In this chapter, we present a protocol for the synthesis of enzyme@MOF composites using the coprecipitation approach with particular details. ..