Genomes and Genes
wnt signaling pathway
Summary: A complex signaling pathway whose name is derived from the DROSOPHILA Wg gene, and the vertebrate INT gene. The signaling pathway is initiated by the binding of WNT PROTEINS to cell surface WNT RECEPTORS which interact with the AXIN SIGNALING COMPLEX and an array of second messengers that influence the actions of BETA CATENIN.
Publications113 found, 100 shown here
- Flack J, Mieszczanek J, Novcic N, Bienz M. Wnt-Dependent Inactivation of the Groucho/TLE Co-repressor by the HECT E3Â Ubiquitin Ligase Hyd/UBR5. Mol Cell. 2017;67:181-193.e5 pubmed publisher..Thus, Groucho/TLE ubiquitylation by Hyd/UBR5 is a key prerequisite that enables Armadillo/Î²-catenin to activate transcription. ..
- Urushibara S, Tsubota T, Asai R, Azumi J, Ashida K, Fujiwara Y, et al. WNT/?-Catenin Signaling Inhibitor IC-2 Suppresses Sphere Formation and Sensitizes Colorectal Cancer Cells to 5-Fluorouracil. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:4085-4091 pubmed..In addition, IC-2 increasesd cytotoxicity of 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) in DLD-1 cells. These results suggest that the combination treatment of IC-2 and 5-FU can stimulate tumor-suppressive effects on CRC. ..
- Junge H. Ligand-Selective Wnt Receptor Complexes in CNS Blood Vessels: RECK and GPR124 Plugged In. Neuron. 2017;95:983-985 pubmed publisher..In this issue of Neuron, Cho et al. (2017) use advanced mouse genetics and biochemical experiments to unravel the ligand-specific association of membrane proteins GPR124 and RECK with Wnt receptor complexes. ..
- Kobayashi T, Zhang H, Tang W, Irie N, Withey S, Klisch D, et al. Principles of early human development and germ cell program from conserved model systems. Nature. 2017;546:416-420 pubmed publisher..Our combinatorial approach using human, porcine and monkey in vivo and in vitro models provides synthetic insights into early human development. ..
- Wehner D, Tsarouchas T, Michael A, Haase C, Weidinger G, Reimer M, et al. Wnt signaling controls pro-regenerative Collagen XII in functional spinal cord regeneration in zebrafish. Nat Commun. 2017;8:126 pubmed publisher..Here, the authors show that Wnt/?-catenin signaling in fibroblast-like cells at a lesion activates axon re-growth via deposition of Collagen XII. ..
- Maia L, Velloso I, Abreu J. Advances in the use of Xenopus for successful drug screening. Expert Opin Drug Discov. 2017;12:1153-1159 pubmed publisher..In addition, Xenopus has also been used in FETAX (frog embryo teratogenesis assay: Xenopus) to address chemical toxic/teratogenic effects. However, further studies are necessary. ..
- Zhu Z, Xu L, Leung Sang Tang N, Qin X, Feng Z, Sun W, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies novel susceptible loci and highlights Wnt/beta-catenin pathway in the development of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:1577-1583 pubmed publisher..This is the first study that unveils the potential role of Wnt/beta-catenin pathway in the development of AIS, and our findings may shed new light on the etiopathogenesis of AIS. ..
- Sheremet M, Kapoor S, SchrÃ¶der P, Kumar K, Ziegler S, Waldmann H. Small Molecules Inspired by the Natural Product Withanolides as Potent Inhibitors of Wnt Signaling. Chembiochem. 2017;18:1797-1806 pubmed publisher..This natural-product-inspired compound library contained potent inhibitors of Wnt signaling that act upstream of the destruction complex to stabilize Axin in a tankyrase-independent manner. ..
- Jin Y, Wang J, Han J, Luo D, Sun Z. MiR-122 inhibits epithelial-mesenchymal transition in hepatocellular carcinoma by targeting Snail1 and Snail2 and suppressing WNT/?-cadherin signaling pathway. Exp Cell Res. 2017;360:210-217 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicated that miR-122 may be a biomarker for predicting prognosis of HCC and therapeutic target for HCC patients. ..
- Caires JÃºnior L, Goulart E, Melo U, Araujo B, Alvizi L, Soares Schanoski A, et al. Discordant congenital Zika syndrome twins show differential in vitro viral susceptibility of neural progenitor cells. Nat Commun. 2018;9:475 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results indicate that CZS is not a stochastic event and depends on NPC intrinsic susceptibility, possibly related to oligogenic and/or epigenetic mechanisms. ..
- Zhang Y. Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi) suppresses proliferation and migration of breast cancer cells via inhibiting Wnt/?-catenin signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;488:679-684 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence that Reishi suppresses breast cancer cell growth and migration through inhibiting Wnt/?-catenin signaling, indicating that Reishi may be a potential natural inhibitor for breast cancer. ..
- Leushacke M, Tan S, Wong A, Swathi Y, Hajamohideen A, Tan L, et al. Lgr5-expressing chief cells drive epithelial regeneration and cancer in the oxyntic stomach. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:774-786 pubmed publisher..We additionally define Lgr5+ chief cells as a major cell-of-origin of gastric cancer. These findings reveal clinically relevant insights into homeostasis, repair and cancer in the corpus. ..
- Zhang J, Zhang X, Zhao X, Jiang M, Gu M, Wang Z, et al. DKK1 promotes migration and invasion of non-small cell lung cancer via ?-catenin signaling pathway. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317703820 pubmed publisher..The signaling pathway downstream of DKK1 was characterized using the Wnt signaling pathway inhibitor, IWP2, and glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta inhibitor, LiCl...
- Shao M, Wang M, Liu Y, Ge Y, Zhang Y, Shi D. Vegetally localised Vrtn functions as a novel repressor to modulate bmp2b transcription during dorsoventral patterning in zebrafish. Development. 2017;144:3361-3374 pubmed publisher..Our work unveils a novel maternal mechanism regulating zygotic BMP gradient in dorsoventral patterning. ..
- Vanella L, Sodhi K, Kim D, Puri N, Maheshwari M, Hinds T, et al. Increased heme-oxygenase 1 expression in mesenchymal stem cell-derived adipocytes decreases differentiation and lipid accumulation via upregulation of the canonical Wnt signaling cascade. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2013;4:28 pubmed publisher..This is evidenced by a decrease in lipid accumulation and inflammatory cytokine levels, increased adiponectin levels and elevation of the expression of genes of the canonical Wnt signaling cascade. ..
- Parang B, Kaz A, Barrett C, Short S, Ning W, Keating C, et al. BVES regulates c-Myc stability via PP2A and suppresses colitis-induced tumourigenesis. Gut. 2017;66:852-862 pubmed publisher..Loss of BVES promotes inflammatory tumourigenesis through dysregulation of Wnt signalling and the oncogene c-Myc. BVES promoter methylation status may serve as a CAC biomarker. ..
- Chen Y, Jin L, Xue B, Jin D, Sun F, Wen C. NRAGE induces ?-catenin/Arm O-GlcNAcylation and negatively regulates Wnt signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;487:433-437 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our findings suggest a novel mechanism for regulating Wnt signaling. ..
- Bi W, Greenwald N, Ramkissoon S, Abedalthagafi M, Coy S, Ligon K, et al. Clinical Identification of Oncogenic Drivers and Copy-Number Alterations in Pituitary Tumors. Endocrinology. 2017;158:2284-2291 pubmed publisher..This large-scale proof-of-principle study may help to guide future institutional efforts for pituitary tumor classification as well as the incorporation of such techniques into prospective analysis as part of clinical trials. ..
- Nusse R, Clevers H. Wnt/?-Catenin Signaling, Disease, and Emerging Therapeutic Modalities. Cell. 2017;169:985-999 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe the core Wnt/?-catenin signaling pathway, how it controls stem cells, and contributes to disease. Finally, we discuss strategies for Wnt-based therapies. ..
- Yin X, Xiang T, Li L, Su X, Shu X, Luo X, et al. DACT1, an antagonist to Wnt/?-catenin signaling, suppresses tumor cell growth and is frequently silenced in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res. 2013;15:R23 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrates that DACT1 could function as a tumor suppressor but was frequently downregulated in breast cancer. ..
- Sominsky S, Shterzer N, Jackman A, Shapiro B, Yaniv A, Sherman L. E6 proteins of ? and ? cutaneous HPV types differ in their ability to potentiate Wnt signaling. Virology. 2017;509:11-22 pubmed publisher..This study reveals a role for E6 proteins of diverse cutaneous HPV types in potentiation of Wnt/?-catenin signaling, irrespective of their carcinogenic potential. ..
- Jin L, Cao Y, Yu G, Wang J, Lin X, Ge L, et al. SFRP2 enhances the osteogenic differentiation of apical papilla stem cells by antagonizing the canonical WNT pathway. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2017;22:14 pubmed publisher..i> In addition, the target genes of the Wnt signaling pathway, AXIN2 (axin-related protein 2) and MMP7 (matrix metalloproteinase-7), were downregulated by ..
- Wang M, Chen D, Chen L, Liu D, Zhao H, Zhang Z, et al. Novel RAS Inhibitors Poricoic Acid ZG and Poricoic Acid ZH Attenuate Renal Fibrosis via a Wnt/Î²-Catenin Pathway and Targeted Phosphorylation of smad3 Signaling. J Agric Food Chem. 2018;66:1828-1842 pubmed publisher..These novel tetracyclic triterpenoid compounds provided the potential lead compounds for the research and development of antifibrosis drug, and they possessed the potential to be utilized as RAS inhibitors. ..
- Wang Y, Liu M, Jin Y, Jiang S, Pan J. InÂ vitro and inÂ vivo anti-uveal melanoma activity of JSL-1, a novel HDAC inhibitor. Cancer Lett. 2017;400:47-60 pubmed publisher..Importantly, JSL-1 potently inhibited the growth of uveal melanoma xenograft in NOD-SCID mice. These results suggested that JSL-1 may be a promising therapeutic agent for UM. ..
- Cao J, Singh S, McClung J, Joseph G, Vanella L, Barbagallo I, et al. EET intervention on Wnt1, NOV, and HO-1 signaling prevents obesity-induced cardiomyopathy in obese mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2017;313:H368-H380 pubmed publisher..Listen to this article's corresponding podcast at http://ajpheart.physiology.org/content/early/2017/05/31/ajpheart.00093.2017. ..
- Mazzoni J, Smith J, Shahriar S, Cutforth T, Ceja B, Agalliu D. The Wnt Inhibitor Apcdd1 Coordinates Vascular Remodeling and Barrier Maturation of Retinal Blood Vessels. Neuron. 2017;96:1055-1069.e6 pubmed publisher..Apcdd1 thus serves to precisely modulate Wnt/Norrin signaling activity in the retinal endothelium and coordinate the timing of both vascular pruning and barrier maturation. ..
- Martinez Barbera J, Buslei R. Adamantinomatous craniopharyngioma: pathology, molecular genetics and mouse models. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2015;28:7-17 pubmed publisher..The study of these benign tumours could reveal important insights into general mechanisms underlying the initial steps of tumorigenesis and facilitate novel tools to improve managements of the patients. ..
- Reilein A, Melamed D, Park K, Berg A, Cimetta E, Tandon N, et al. Alternative direct stem cell derivatives defined by stem cell location and graded Wnt signalling. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:433-444 pubmed publisher..We also found that FSCs strongly resemble mammalian intestinal stem cells in many aspects of their organization, including population asymmetry and dynamic heterogeneity...
- Mitra T, Roy S. Co-Activation of TGF? and Wnt Signalling Pathways Abrogates EMT in Ovarian Cancer Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:1336-1345 pubmed publisher..Therefore, tumourigenesis might be affected by the concentration of ligand/ growth factors for the respective signalling pathways activated in the tumour microenvironment and interaction between them might alter tumourigenesis. ..
- Li X, Liang W, Liu J, Lin C, Wu S, Song L, et al. Transducin (Î²)-like 1 X-linked receptor 1 promotes proliferation and tumorigenicity in human breast cancer via activation of beta-catenin signaling. Breast Cancer Res. 2014;16:465 pubmed publisher..TBLR1 may be a novel prognostic marker and a potential therapeutic target in the treatment human breast cancer. ..
- Oginuma M, Moncuquet P, Xiong F, Karoly E, Chal J, Guevorkian K, et al. A Gradient of Glycolytic Activity Coordinates FGF and Wnt Signaling during Elongation of the Body Axis in Amniote Embryos. Dev Cell. 2017;40:342-353.e10 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that glycolysis in the tail bud coordinates Wnt and FGF signaling to promote elongation of the embryonic axis. ..
- Xie Y, Wang B. Downregulation of TNFAIP2 suppresses proliferation and metastasis in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma through activation of the Wnt/?-catenin signaling pathway. Oncol Rep. 2017;37:2920-2928 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that TNFAIP2 overexpression may facilitate proliferation and metastasis via activation of the Wnt/?-catenin signaling pathway in ESCC. ..
- Seigfried F, Cizelsky W, Pfister A, Dietmann P, Walther P, Kuhl M, et al. Frizzled 3 acts upstream of Alcam during embryonic eye development. Dev Biol. 2017;426:69-83 pubmed publisher..Altogether our study reveals that alcam is activated through non-canonical Wnt signalling during embryonic eye development in Xenopus laevis and shows that this pathway plays a similar role in different tissues. ..
- Deshmukh A, Binju M, Arfuso F, Newsholme P, Dharmarajan A. Role of epigenetic modulation in cancer stem cell fate. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2017;90:9-16 pubmed publisher..We have presented various aspects and examples of how epigenetic modulation may drive or promote tumorigenesis and metastasis by alteration of key transcriptomic programs and signaling pathways in CSCs. ..
- Anderson K, Hamilton W, Roske F, Azad A, Knudsen T, Canham M, et al. Insulin fine-tunes self-renewal pathways governing naive pluripotency and extra-embryonic endoderm. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:1164-1177 pubmed publisher..Self-renewal of these PrE cultures is robust and, on the basis of gene expression, these cells resemble early blastocyst-stage PrE, a naive endoderm state able to make both visceral and parietal endoderm. ..
- Qi L, Zhang W, Cheng Z, Tang N, Ding Y. Study on molecular mechanism of ANOS1 promoting development of colorectal cancer. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182964 pubmed publisher..We found that gene with an up-regulated expression was mainly involved in Wnt signaling pathway; these up-regulated genes were present in the group of high ANOS1 expression...
- Dar M, Singh P, Mir R, Dar M. ?eta-catenin N-terminal domain: An enigmatic region prone to cancer causing mutations. Mutat Res. 2017;773:122-133 pubmed publisher..Catenin, the central component of canonical Wnt signaling pathway, is a multi-functional protein playing both structural and signaling roles...
- Xi Y, Kim T, Brumwell A, Driver I, Wei Y, Tan V, et al. Local lung hypoxia determines epithelial fate decisions during alveolar regeneration. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:904-914 pubmed publisher..HIF1α deletion or enhanced Wnt/β-catenin activity in Sox2pos LNEPs blocks Notch and Krt5 activation, instead promoting rapid AEC2 differentiation and migration and improving the quality of alveolar repair. ..
- Sinha N, Panda P, Naik P, Maiti T, Bhutia S. Abrus agglutinin targets cancer stem-like cells by eliminating self-renewal capacity accompanied with apoptosis in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317701634 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Abrus agglutinin has a potential role as an integrative therapeutic approach for combating oral cancer through targeting self-renewability of orospheres via reactive oxygen species-mediated apoptosis. ..
- Xu Z, Li C, Qu H, Li H, Gu Q, Xu J. MicroRNA-195 inhibits the proliferation and invasion of pancreatic cancer cells by targeting the fatty acid synthase/Wnt signaling pathway. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317711324 pubmed publisher..inhibits pancreatic cancer cell proliferation and invasion by regulating the fatty acid synthase/Wnt signaling pathway, suggesting a tumor suppressive role for microRNA-195 in the development and progression of pancreatic ..
- Duan H, Yan Z, Chen W, Wu Y, Han J, Guo H, et al. TET1 inhibits EMT of ovarian cancer cells through activating Wnt/?-catenin signaling inhibitors DKK1 and SFRP2. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:408-417 pubmed publisher..This study uncovers that TET1 has potent tumor-suppressive effects in EOC by activating Wnt/?-catenin signaling inhibitors DKK1 and SFRP2. ..
- Lu K, Li Y, Shi T, Yu F, Min S, Qiao L, et al. Changes in expression of Wnt signaling pathway inhibitors dickkopf-1 and sclerostin before and after total joint arthroplasty. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8082 pubmed publisher..Increased DKK1 and decreased SOST levels may help maintain the equilibrium of the WNT pathway in OA patient's postsurgery. ..
- Saito Diaz K, Benchabane H, Tiwari A, Tian A, Li B, Thompson J, et al. APC Inhibits Ligand-Independent Wnt Signaling by the Clathrin Endocytic Pathway. Dev Cell. 2018;44:566-581.e8 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which APC and APC2 function to promote ?-catenin degradation, and APC also acts as a molecular "gatekeeper" to block receptor activation via the clathrin pathway. ..
- Seo W, Park S, Gwak J, Ju B, Chung J, Kang P, et al. Wnt signaling promotes androgen-independent prostate cancer cell proliferation through up-regulation of the hippo pathway effector YAP. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;486:1034-1039 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings provide mechanistic insight into the proposed cross-talk between the Wnt/?-catenin and Hippo pathways in androgen-independent prostate cancer development. ..
- Li L, Cui Y, Ji J, Jiang W. Clinical Correlation Between WISP2 and ?-Catenin in Gastric Cancer. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:4469-4473 pubmed..These findings suggest that the expression of WISP2 and ?-catenin might be a favorable biomarker for prediction and prognosis in the early stage of GC. ..
- Zhang Y, Wang S, Zheng Y, Liu A. Possible role of Dickkopf-1 protein in the pathogenesis of tympanosclerosis in a rat model. J Laryngol Otol. 2017;131:860-865 pubmed publisher..The expression of DKK1 protein was significantly decreased in the calcified experimental ears. DKK1 protein is involved in the pathogenesis of tympanosclerosis by regulating the Wnt/?-catenin signalling pathway. ..
- Yu B, Ye X, Du Q, Zhu B, Zhai Q, Li X. The Long Non-Coding RNA CRNDE Promotes Colorectal Carcinoma Progression by Competitively Binding miR-217 with TCF7L2 and Enhancing the Wnt/?-Catenin Signaling Pathway. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:2489-2502 pubmed publisher..cancer via the binding of microRNA (miR)-217 with transcription factor 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) to enhance the Wnt signaling pathway. Quantitative polymerase chain reaction was used to detect CRNDE, miR-217 and TCF7L2 in colorectal cancer ..
- Yan M, Li G, An J. Discovery of small molecule inhibitors of the Wnt/?-catenin signaling pathway by targeting ?-catenin/Tcf4 interactions. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2017;242:1185-1197 pubmed publisher..We believe that the findings and strategies summarized in this review have broad implications and will be of interest throughout the biochemical and pharmaceutical research community...
- Dong X, Liao W, Zhang L, Tu X, Hu J, Chen T, et al. RSPO2 suppresses colorectal cancer metastasis by counteracting the Wnt5a/Fzd7-driven noncanonical Wnt pathway. Cancer Lett. 2017;402:153-165 pubmed publisher..was independent of the Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling pathway but dependent on the Fzd7-mediated noncanonical Wnt signaling pathway. The physical interaction of RSPO2 and Fzd7 increased the degradation of cell surface Fzd7 via ZNRF3-..
- Jin N, Zhu H, Liang X, Huang W, Xie Q, Xiao P, et al. Sodium selenate activated Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling and repressed amyloid-Î² formation in a triple transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. Exp Neurol. 2017;297:36-49 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that the Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling is a potential target for prevention of AD and sodium selenate may be developed as a new drug for AD treatment. ..
- Öztürk E, Despot Slade E, Pichler M, Zenobi Wong M. RhoA activation and nuclearization marks loss of chondrocyte phenotype in crosstalk with Wnt pathway. Exp Cell Res. 2017;360:113-124 pubmed publisher..These data provide insights on the context-dependent role of RhoA and Wnt signaling in de-differentiation and on mechanisms to induce chondrogenic markers for therapeutic approaches. ..
- Rumjanek V, Vidal R, Maia R. Multidrug resistance in chronic myeloid leukaemia: how much can we learn from MDR-CML cell lines?. Biosci Rep. 2013;33: pubmed publisher..An MDR cell line, Lucena-1, generated from K562 by stepwise exposure to vincristine, was used as our model and some potential anticancer drugs effective against the MDR cell line and patients' samples are presented. ..
- Chen D, Cao G, Chen H, Liu D, Su W, Yu X, et al. Gene and protein expressions and metabolomics exhibit activated redox signaling and wnt/Î²-catenin pathway are associated with metabolite dysfunction in patients with chronic kidney disease. Redox Biol. 2017;12:505-521 pubmed publisher..CKD caused dysregulation of the plasma and urine metabolome, activation of inflammatory/oxidative pathway and Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling and suppression of antioxidant pathway. ..
- Kramer N, SchmÃ¶llerl J, Unger C, Nivarthi H, Rudisch A, Unterleuthner D, et al. Autocrine WNT2 signaling in fibroblasts promotes colorectal cancer progression. Oncogene. 2017;36:5460-5472 pubmed publisherThe canonical WNT signaling pathway is crucial for intestinal stem cell renewal and aberrant WNT signaling is an early event in colorectal cancer (CRC) development...
- Hashimoto T, Yamashita S, Yoshida H, Taniguchi H, Ushijima T, Yamada T, et al. WNT Pathway Gene Mutations Are Associated With the Presence of Dysplasia in Colorectal Sessile Serrated Adenoma/Polyps. Am J Surg Pathol. 2017;41:1188-1197 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that WNT pathway gene mutations are involved in the development of dysplasia in SSA/Ps and that MLH1-deficient and MLH1-retained SSA/Ps with dysplasia exhibit distinct mutation profiles of WNT pathway genes...
- Seto K, Sakabe T, Itaba N, Azumi J, Oka H, Morimoto M, et al. A Novel Small-molecule WNT Inhibitor, IC-2, Has the Potential to Suppress Liver Cancer Stem Cells. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3569-3579 pubmed..The WNT signaling pathway is reportedly linked to the maintenance of stemness of CSCs...
- Qiao G, Dong B, Zhu C, Yan C, Chen B. Deregulation of WNT2/FZD3/?-catenin pathway compromises the estrogen synthesis in cumulus cells from patients with polycystic ovary syndrome. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:847-854 pubmed publisher..Future endeavor in this field should help to elucidate the complicated crosstalk between energy metabolism and endocrine cells through WNT/FZD signaling molecules. ..
- Zhuang X, Zhang H, Li X, Li X, Cong M, Peng F, et al. Differential effects on lung and bone metastasis of breast cancer by Wnt signalling inhibitor DKK1. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:1274-1285 pubmed publisher..Thus, DKK1 represents a class of Janus-faced molecules with dichotomous roles in organotropic metastasis, and our data provide a rationale for new anti-metastasis approaches. ..
- Sakurai T, Nakagawa S, Bai H, Bai R, Kusama K, Ideta A, et al. Novel endogenous retrovirus-derived transcript expressed in the bovine placenta is regulated by WNT signaling. Biochem J. 2017;474:3499-3512 pubmed publisher..BERV-K3 is in the latter case, likely providing functions unique to ruminant gestation. ..
- Sreekumar A, Toneff M, Toh E, Roarty K, Creighton C, Belka G, et al. WNT-Mediated Regulation of FOXO1 Constitutes a Critical Axis Maintaining Pubertal Mammary Stem Cell Homeostasis. Dev Cell. 2017;43:436-448.e6 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that the WNT pathway confers proliferative and survival advantages on cap cells via regulation of FOXO1 localization. ..
- Wu Y, Collier L, Qin W, Creasey G, Bauman W, Jarvis J, et al. Electrical stimulation modulates Wnt signaling and regulates genes for the motor endplate and calcium binding in muscle of rats with spinal cord transection. BMC Neurosci. 2013;14:81 pubmed publisher..Notch and Wnt signaling may be involved in ES-induced increases in the mass of paralyzed muscle. Molecular adaptations of paralyzed soleus to resistance exercise are delayed or defective compared to normally innervated muscle. ..
- Sun H, Xu D, Sun Y, Xue T, Zhang C, Zhang Z, et al. CO-releasing molecules-2 attenuates ox-LDL-induced injury in HUVECs by ameliorating mitochondrial function and inhibiting Wnt/?-catenin pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:629-635 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we provide the evidence that CORM-2 attenuated ox-LDL-mediated endothelial apoptosis and oxidative stress by recovering the mitochondrial function and blocking Wnt/?-catenin pathway. ..
- Kishimoto Y, Ohkawara B, Sakai T, Ito M, Masuda A, Ishiguro N, et al. Wnt/?-catenin signaling suppresses expressions of Scx, Mkx, and Tnmd in tendon-derived cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182051 pubmed publisher..We found that Wnt/?-catenin decreased Mkx and Tnmd expressions without suppressing Scx expression in Scx-programmed tendon progenitors. Our studies suggest that Wnt/?-catenin signaling is a repressor for tenogenic gene expressions. ..
- Dietrich L, Rathmer B, Ewan K, Bange T, Heinrichs S, Dale T, et al. Cell Permeable Stapled Peptide Inhibitor of Wnt Signaling that Targets ?-Catenin Protein-Protein Interactions. Cell Chem Biol. 2017;24:958-968.e5 pubmed publisherThe Wnt signaling pathway plays a critical role in cell proliferation and differentiation, thus it is often associated with diseases such as cancers...
- Amiel A, Johnston H, Chock T, Dahlin P, Iglesias M, LAYDEN M, et al. A bipolar role of the transcription factor ERG for cnidarian germ layer formation and apical domain patterning. Dev Biol. 2017;430:346-361 pubmed publisher..Taking together, we build the first blueprint for a global cnidarian embryonic GRN that is the foundation for additional gene specific studies addressing the evolution of embryonic and larval development. ..
- Huang T, Lee P, Wu M, Huang C, Ko C, Lee Y, et al. Distinct roles and differential expression levels of Wnt5a mRNA isoforms in colorectal cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181034 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our study showed that, for the first time, different Wnt5a mRNA isoforms play distinct roles in CRC and can be used as novel prognostic markers for CRC in the future. ..
- Zhang Z, Yang Y, Zhang X. MiR-770 inhibits tumorigenesis and EMT by targeting JMJD6 and regulating WNT/?-catenin pathway in non-small cell lung cancer. Life Sci. 2017;188:163-171 pubmed publisher..The present study indicated that miR-770 functioned as a tumor suppressor and it might be a potential biomarker and therapeutic target in NSCLC. ..
- Miyamoto K, Ohkawara B, Ito M, Masuda A, Hirakawa A, Sakai T, et al. Fluoxetine ameliorates cartilage degradation in osteoarthritis by inhibiting Wnt/?-catenin signaling. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184388 pubmed publisher..Fluoxetine suppressed LiCl-induced ?-catenin accumulation in human OA chondrocytes. Intraarticular injection of fluoxetine in a rat OA model ameliorated OA progression and suppressed ?-catenin accumulation. ..
- Scholtes S, Kramer E, Weisser M, Roth W, Luginbühl R, Grossner T, et al. Global chondrocyte gene expression after a single anabolic loading period: Time evolution and re-inducibility of mechano-responses. J Cell Physiol. 2018;233:699-711 pubmed publisher..Upregulation of mechanosensitive indicators extending differentially into the resting time provides crucial knowledge to maximize cartilage matrix deposition for the generation of high-level cartilage replacement tissue. ..
- Sezgin E, Azbazdar Y, Ng X, Teh C, Simons K, Weidinger G, et al. Binding of canonical Wnt ligands to their receptor complexes occurs in ordered plasma membrane environments. FEBS J. 2017;284:2513-2526 pubmed publisher..We thus conclude that ordered plasma membrane environments are essential for binding of canonical Wnts to their receptor complexes and downstream signaling activity. ..
- Crespo M, Vilar E, Tsai S, Chang K, Amin S, Srinivasan T, et al. Colonic organoids derived from human induced pluripotent stem cells for modeling colorectal cancer and drug testing. Nat Med. 2017;23:878-884 pubmed publisher..These studies provide an efficient strategy for deriving human COs, which can be used in disease modeling and drug discovery for colorectal disease...
- Zhang Z, Liu J, Shao Z, Pu F, Wang B, Wu Q, et al. In vitro effect of microRNA-107 targeting Dkk-1 by regulation of Wnt/?-catenin signaling pathway in osteosarcoma. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7245 pubmed publisher..We conclude that miR-107 is likely to inhibit the occurrence and development of OS by down-regulating Dkk-1 via the Wnt/?-catenin signaling pathway, providing us with a new therapeutic target for the treatment of OS. ..
- Fu K, Wan F. Sam68 Offers Selectively Aimed Modulation of Transcription in Cancer Stem Cells. Cell Chem Biol. 2017;24:777-779 pubmed publisher..Their findings reveal that Sam68 is a transcriptional modulator uniquely required for the dysregulated Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling in CSCs over healthy stem cells. ..
- Huang W, Zhang C, Cui M, Niu J, Ding W. Inhibition of Bevacizumab-induced Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition by BATF2 Overexpression Involves the Suppression of Wnt/?-Catenin Signaling in Glioblastoma Cells. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:4285-4294 pubmed..Our findings expanded the understanding of the role of BATF2 in tumors, and also suggested a potential of using BATF2 as a therapeutic target to hinder bevacizumab induced EMT in glioblastoma. ..
- Chang Y, Wang X, Sun Z, Jin Z, Chen M, Wang X, et al. Inflammatory cytokine of IL-1? is involved in T-2 toxin-triggered chondrocyte injury and metabolism imbalance by the activation of Wnt/?-catenin signaling. Mol Immunol. 2017;91:195-201 pubmed publisher..Together, this study elucidates a new insight into how T-2 deteriorates the pathological progression of KBD by regulating inflammation-related pathways, indicating a promising anti-inflammation strategy for KBD therapy...
- Naar L, Spanomichou D, Mastoraki A, Smyrniotis V, Arkadopoulos N. Solid Pseudopapillary Neoplasms of the Pancreas: A Surgical and Genetic Enigma. World J Surg. 2017;41:1871-1881 pubmed publisher..We review the information in the literature regarding more organ-preserving techniques and possible clinical features that might indicate a malignant potential, thus demanding a more radical intraoperative excision. ..
- Teo A, Garg S, Johnson T, Zhao W, Zhou J, GOMEZ SANCHEZ C, et al. Physiological and Pathological Roles in Human Adrenal of the Glomeruli-Defining Matrix Protein NPNT (Nephronectin). Hypertension. 2017;69:1207-1216 pubmed publisher..We propose that this arises through NPNT's binding to cell-surface integrins, stimulating cell-cell contact within glomeruli, which define ZG. Therefore, NPNT or its cognate integrin could present a novel therapeutic target. ..
- Long H, Sun B, Cheng L, Zhao S, Zhu Y, Zhao R, et al. miR-139-5p Represses BMSC Osteogenesis via Targeting Wnt/?-Catenin Signaling Pathway. DNA Cell Biol. 2017;36:715-724 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, according to the present study, inhibiting miR-139-5p could be a promising strategy in hBMSC osteogenesis. ..
- van den Bosch M, Blom A, van de Loo F, Koenders M, Lafeber F, van den Berg W, et al. Brief Report: Induction of Matrix Metalloproteinase Expression by Synovial Wnt Signaling and Association With Disease Progression in Early Symptomatic Osteoarthritis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:1978-1983 pubmed publisher..Wnt signaling in the synovium may potently induce progression of OA via increased production of MMPs. ..
- Hochman G, Halevi Tobias K, Kogan Y, Agur Z. Extracellular inhibitors can attenuate tumorigenic Wnt pathway activity in adenomatous polyposis coli mutants: Predictions of a validated mathematical model. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179888 pubmed publisher..This new concept of upstream intervention to control the effects of downstream mutations may be considered also for other partial LoF mutations in other signaling pathways. ..