Summary: Attachment of isoprenoids (TERPENES) to other compounds, especially PROTEINS and FLAVONOIDS.
- Genovese S, Taddeo V, Epifano F, Fiorito S, Bize C, Rives A, et al. Characterization of the Degradation Profile of Umbelliprenin, a Bioactive Prenylated Coumarin of a Ferulago Species. J Nat Prod. 2017;80:2424-2431 pubmed publisher..The study provides useful information for the preclinical development of umbelliprenin as an original chemopreventive agent. ..
- Huang Q, Lei C, Wang P, Li J, Li J, Hou A. Isoprenylated phenolic compounds with PTP1B inhibition from Morus alba. Fitoterapia. 2017;122:138-143 pubmed publisher..All the new compounds and most of the known ones showed significant inhibitory effects on PTP1B in vitro with IC50 values ranging from 0.57 to 7.49?M. ..
- Wen Z, Zhang Y, Wang X, Zeng X, Hu Z, Liu Y, et al. Novel 3',5'-diprenylated chalcones inhibited the proliferation of cancer cells in vitro by inducing cell apoptosis and arresting cell cycle phase. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;133:227-239 pubmed publisher..Preliminary structure-activity relationship studies indicated that, in all cancer cell lines evaluated, the 3-pyridinyl group was essential for cytotoxicity. ..
- Akihara Y, Ohta E, Nehira T, Omura H, Ohta S. New Prenylated ortho-Dihydroxycoumarins from the Fruits of Ficus nipponica. Chem Biodivers. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..Their structures were established by spectroscopic data and X-ray crystallographic analysis. Compound 1 exhibited antibacterial activity against Bacillus subtilis with an MIC value of 61 ?m, while 2 and 3 showed very weak activity. ..
- El Gamal A, Al Massarani S, Abdel Mageed W, El Shaibany A, Al Mahbashi H, Basudan O, et al. Prenylated flavonoids from Commiphora opobalsamum stem bark. Phytochemistry. 2017;141:80-85 pubmed publisher..Comophoroside A revealed to retain the strongest cytotoxic activity against MCF-7 and HepG-2 cell lines with IC50 values of 8 and 12 ?g/mL, respectively. ..
- Zarev Y, Foubert K, Lucia de Almeida V, Anthonissen R, Elgorashi E, Apers S, et al. Antigenotoxic prenylated flavonoids from stem bark of Erythrina latissima. Phytochemistry. 2017;141:140-146 pubmed publisher..Sigmoidin A and B showed the highest activity, with an IC50 value of 18.7 ?g/mL, equivalent to that of curcumin (IC50 18.4 ?g/mL), used as a reference antigenotoxic compound. ..
- Tanaka S, Shiomi S, Ishikawa H. Bioinspired Indole Prenylation Reactions in Water. J Nat Prod. 2017;80:2371-2378 pubmed publisher..We have developed a direct bioinspired indole prenylation reaction using DMAPP or its equivalents as the electrophile in homogeneous aqueous acidic media in the absence ..