Genomes and Genes
Summary: A reaction that introduces an aminoacyl group to a molecule. TRANSFER RNA AMINOACYLATION is the first step in GENETIC TRANSLATION.
- Herring S, Ambrogelly A, Polycarpo C, Soll D. Recognition of pyrrolysine tRNA by the Desulfitobacterium hafniense pyrrolysyl-tRNA synthetase. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:1270-8 pubmed..The activation and aminoacylation properties of D...
- Naganuma M, Sekine S, Fukunaga R, Yokoyama S. Unique protein architecture of alanyl-tRNA synthetase for aminoacylation, editing, and dimerization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:8489-94 pubmed publisher..we solved the crystal structures of 2 halves of Archaeoglobus fulgidus AlaRS: AlaRS-DeltaC, comprising the aminoacylation, tRNA-recognition, and editing domains, and AlaRS-C, comprising the dimerization domain...
- Santra M, Bagchi B. Catalysis of tRNA aminoacylation: single turnover to steady-state kinetics of tRNA synthetases. J Phys Chem B. 2012;116:11809-17 pubmed publisher..There are two classes of such synthetases that perform tRNA-aminoacylation reaction...
- Evilia C, Hou Y. Acquisition of an insertion peptide for efficient aminoacylation by a halophile tRNA synthetase. Biochemistry. 2006;45:6835-45 pubmed..the extreme halophile Halobacterium species NRC-1, deletion of the peptide reduces the catalytic efficiency of aminoacylation by a factor of 100 that largely results from a defect in kcat, rather than the Km for tRNA(Cys)...
- Kapoor M, Otero F, Slike B, Ewalt K, Yang X. Mutational separation of aminoacylation and cytokine activities of human tyrosyl-tRNA synthetase. Chem Biol. 2009;16:531-9 pubmed publisherAminoacyl tRNA synthetases are known for catalysis of aminoacylation. Significantly, some mammalian synthetases developed cytokine functions possibly linked to disease-causing mutations in tRNA synthetases...
- Francin M, Mirande M. Identity elements for specific aminoacylation of a tRNA by mammalian lysyl-tRNA synthetase bearing a nonspecific tRNA-interacting factor. Biochemistry. 2006;45:10153-60 pubmed..test whether the tIF domain reduces the specificity of the synthetase with regard to complete tRNA molecules, aminoacylation of wild-type and mutant noncognate tRNAs by wild-type or N-terminally truncated LysRS was examined...
- Bonnefond L, Giege R, Rudinger Thirion J. Evolution of the tRNA(Tyr)/TyrRS aminoacylation systems. Biochimie. 2005;87:873-83 pubmed..Recent functional studies on the human mitochondrial tRNA(Tyr)/TyrRS system indicates strong deviations from the canonical tyrosylation rules. These differences are discussed in the light of the present knowledge on TyrRSs. ..
- Ataide S, Jester B, Devine K, Ibba M. Stationary-phase expression and aminoacylation of a transfer-RNA-like small RNA. EMBO Rep. 2005;6:742-7 pubmed..b>Aminoacylation of tRNA(Other) was also found to be confined to the stationary phase, which suggests a role for this non-..
- Francisci S, DE Luca C, Oliva R, Morea V, Tramontano A, Frontali L. Aminoacylation and conformational properties of yeast mitochondrial tRNA mutants with respiratory deficiency. RNA. 2005;11:914-27 pubmed
- Geslain R, Ribas De Pouplana L. Regulation of RNA function by aminoacylation and editing?. Trends Genet. 2004;20:604-10 pubmedThe chemical modification of nucleic acids is a ubiquitous phenomenon. Aminoacylation of tRNAs by aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases (ARSs) is a reaction essentially devoted to protein synthesis but it is used also as an emergency mechanism to ..
- Latour P, Thauvin Robinet C, Baudelet Méry C, Soichot P, Cusin V, Faivre L, et al. A major determinant for binding and aminoacylation of tRNA(Ala) in cytoplasmic Alanyl-tRNA synthetase is mutated in dominant axonal Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease. Am J Hum Genet. 2010;86:77-82 pubmed publisher..in axons remains to be evaluated, experimental data point mostly to a quantitative reduction in tRNA(Ala) aminoacylation. Aminoacylation and editing functions closely cooperate in AlaRS, and Arg329His mutation could also lead to ..
- Hao R, Yao Y, Zheng Y, Xu M, Wang E. Reduction of mitochondrial tRNALeu(UUR) aminoacylation by some MELAS-associated mutations. FEBS Lett. 2004;578:135-9 pubmed..Here, we provide in vitro evidence that the aminoacylation capacities of these five hmtRNALeu(UUR) transcripts are reduced to different extents relative to the wild-type ..
- Banik S, Nandi N. Aminoacylation reaction in the histidyl-tRNA synthetase: fidelity mechanism of the activation step. J Phys Chem B. 2010;114:2301-11 pubmed publisherb>Aminoacylation is a vital step of natural biosynthesis of peptide. Correct aminoacylation is a necessary prerequisite for the elimination of noncognate amino acids such as D-amino acids...
- Minajigi A, Francklyn C. RNA-assisted catalysis in a protein enzyme: The 2'-hydroxyl of tRNA(Thr) A76 promotes aminoacylation by threonyl-tRNA synthetase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:17748-53 pubmed publisher..The proton relay mechanism suggested by these data to promote aminoacylation is reminiscent of the NAD(+)-dependent mechanisms of alcohol dehydrogenases and sirtuins and the RNA-mediated ..
- Yanagisawa T, Ishii R, Fukunaga R, Kobayashi T, Sakamoto K, Yokoyama S. Multistep engineering of pyrrolysyl-tRNA synthetase to genetically encode N(epsilon)-(o-azidobenzyloxycarbonyl) lysine for site-specific protein modification. Chem Biol. 2008;15:1187-97 pubmed publisher..A PylRS(Y384F) mutant obtained by random screening exhibited higher in vitro aminoacylation and in vivo amber suppression activities with BocLys, AlocLys, and pyrrolysine than those of the wild-type ..
- Godinic Mikulcic V, Jaric J, Hausmann C, Ibba M, Weygand Durasevic I. An archaeal tRNA-synthetase complex that enhances aminoacylation under extreme conditions. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:3396-404 pubmed publisher..also contained tRNA(Arg), consistent with the existence of a stable ribonucleoprotein complex active in aminoacylation. Steady-state kinetic analyses revealed that addition of MtArgRS to MtSerRS led to an almost 4-fold increase ..
- Chumachenko N, Novikov Y, Yarus M. Rapid and simple ribozymic aminoacylation using three conserved nucleotides. J Am Chem Soc. 2009;131:5257-63 pubmed publisher..Precise removal of 3'-primer before reaction selected aminoacylation from PheAMP in three cycles, yielding active RNAs (k(cat) = 12-20 min(-1)) using only three conserved ..
- Tamura K. Molecular handedness of life: significance of RNA aminoacylation. J Biosci. 2009;34:991-4 pubmed
- Hammond J, Rambo R, Kieft J. Multi-domain packing in the aminoacylatable 3' end of a plant viral RNA. J Mol Biol. 2010;399:450-63 pubmed publisher..This packing architecture stabilizes the RNA structure and creates a better substrate for aminoacylation, and thus the UPD and TLS are functionally and structurally coupled...
- Huang W, Bushnell E, Francklyn C, Gauld J. The ?-amino group of the threonine substrate as the general base during tRNA aminoacylation: a new version of substrate-assisted catalysis predicted by hybrid DFT. J Phys Chem A. 2011;115:13050-60 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the overall mechanism follows a general substrate-assisted catalytic mechanism. ..
- Her S, Kluger R. Biomimetic protecting-group-free 2', 3'-selective aminoacylation of nucleosides and nucleotides. Org Biomol Chem. 2011;9:676-8 pubmed publisher..Competing hydrolysis of the reagent is slow. By extension, this route should provide a simplified general route to synthetically aminoacylated derivatives of tRNA. ..
- Zhang C, Liu C, Slater S, Hou Y. Aminoacylation of tRNA with phosphoserine for synthesis of cysteinyl-tRNA(Cys). Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2008;15:507-14 pubmed publisher..jannaschii SepRS differs from CysRS by recruiting the m1G37 modification as a determinant for aminoacylation, and in showing limited discrimination against mutations of conserved nucleotides...
- Ernst C, Peschel A. Broad-spectrum antimicrobial peptide resistance by MprF-mediated aminoacylation and flipping of phospholipids. Mol Microbiol. 2011;80:290-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, a thorough characterization of MprF domains and functions will help to unravel how bacteria maintain and protect their cytoplasmic membranes. ..
- Banerjee R, Reynolds N, Yadavalli S, Rice C, Roy H, Banerjee P, et al. Mitochondrial aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase single-nucleotide polymorphisms that lead to defects in refolding but not aminoacylation. J Mol Biol. 2011;410:280-93 pubmed publisher..The phenylalanyl-tRNA synthetase variants S57C and N280S both displayed wild-type aminoacylation activity and stability with respect to their free energies of unfolding, but were less stable at low pH...
- Froelich C, First E. Dominant Intermediate Charcot-Marie-Tooth disorder is not due to a catalytic defect in tyrosyl-tRNA synthetase. Biochemistry. 2011;50:7132-45 pubmed publisher..test the hypothesis that DI-CMTC is due to a defect in the ability of tyrosyl-tRNA synthetase to catalyze the aminoacylation of tRNA(Tyr), we have expressed each of these variants as recombinant proteins and used single turnover ..
- Sun T, Zhang Y. Pentamidine binds to tRNA through non-specific hydrophobic interactions and inhibits aminoacylation and translation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:1654-64 pubmed publisher..Consistently, we showed that pentamidine specifically inhibits tRNA aminoacylation but not the cognate amino acid adenylation...
- McLaughlin H, Sakaguchi R, Giblin W, Wilson T, Biesecker L, Lupski J, et al. A recurrent loss-of-function alanyl-tRNA synthetase (AARS) mutation in patients with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 2N (CMT2N). Hum Mutat. 2012;33:244-53 pubmed publisher..Our results showed that p.Arg329His AARS also segregated with CMT disease in a large Australian family. Aminoacylation and yeast viability assays showed that p.Arg329His AARS severely reduces enzyme activity...
- Randau L, Münch R, Hohn M, Jahn D, Soll D. Nanoarchaeum equitans creates functional tRNAs from separate genes for their 5'- and 3'-halves. Nature. 2005;433:537-41 pubmed..Reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction and aminoacylation experiments of N...
- Lilley D, Sutherland J. The chemical origins of life and its early evolution: an introduction. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2011;366:2853-6 pubmed publisher..Ultimately, the RNA world would probably have given way to protein-based life quite quickly, and the origins of peptidyl transferase activity are discussed below. ..
- Marín R, Agudelo W, Daza C E. Radial scan of the molecular electrostatic potential of RNA double helices: an application to the enzyme-tRNA recognition. J Mol Graph Model. 2008;27:255-65 pubmed publisher..aminoacyl tRNA synthetases (aaRSs), in order to correlate their electrostatic behavior with the corresponding aminoacylation activity...
- Zenkin N. Hypothesis: emergence of translation as a result of RNA helicase evolution. J Mol Evol. 2012;74:249-56 pubmed publisher..The initial genetic code thus emerged as an assignment of amino acids to codons according to the sequences of the pre-existing RNAs to take advantage of the side products of RNA helicase function. ..
- Yanagisawa T, Sumida T, Ishii R, Yokoyama S. A novel crystal form of pyrrolysyl-tRNA synthetase reveals the pre- and post-aminoacyl-tRNA synthesis conformational states of the adenylate and aminoacyl moieties and an asparagine residue in the catalytic site. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2013;69:5-15 pubmed publisher..The orientation of the Asn346 side chain, which hydrogen-bonds to the carbonyl group of the amino-acid substrate, shifts by a maximum of 85-90° around the C(?) atom...
- Zhang X, Ling J, Barcia G, Jing L, Wu J, Barry B, et al. Mutations in QARS, encoding glutaminyl-tRNA synthetase, cause progressive microcephaly, cerebral-cerebellar atrophy, and intractable seizures. Am J Hum Genet. 2014;94:547-58 pubmed publisher..The four QARS mutations altered highly conserved amino acids, and the aminoacylation activity of QARS was significantly impaired in mutant cell lines. Variants p.Gly45Val and p...
- Evans M, Clark W, Zheng G, Pan T. Determination of tRNA aminoacylation levels by high-throughput sequencing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:e133 pubmed publisher..These low charging levels were validated using acid denaturing gels. Our method should be widely applicable for investigations of tRNA charging as a parameter in biological regulation. ..
- Lehmann J, Reichel A, Buguin A, Libchaber A. Efficiency of a self-aminoacylating ribozyme: effect of the length and base-composition of its 3' extension. RNA. 2007;13:1191-7 pubmed..The yield of aminoacylation is particularly high for ribozymes with extensions made up of a poly-U, for which a maximum of efficiency is ..
- Linne U, Doekel S, Marahiel M. Portability of epimerization domain and role of peptidyl carrier protein on epimerization activity in nonribosomal peptide synthetases. Biochemistry. 2001;40:15824-34 pubmed..In conclusion, specialized PCP domains are needed for a productive interaction with E domains when constructing hybrid enzymes. ..
- Chulin A, Rodionov I, Baidakova L, Rodionova L, Balashova T, Ivanov V. Preparation and reactivity of aminoacyl pyroglutamates. Facile synthesis of 10-membered-ring cyclic dipeptides derived from 1,4-diaminobutyric and glutamic acids. J Pept Sci. 2005;11:175-86 pubmed
- Möllers M, Maniura Weber K, Kiseljakovic E, Bust M, Hayrapetyan A, Jaksch M, et al. A new mechanism for mtDNA pathogenesis: impairment of post-transcriptional maturation leads to severe depletion of mitochondrial tRNASer(UCN) caused by T7512C and G7497A point mutations. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:5647-58 pubmed..b>Aminoacylation was apparently unaffected...
- Katritzky A, Todadze E, Cusido J, Angrish P, Shestopalov A. Selective peptide chain extension at the N-terminus of aspartic and glutamic acids utilizing 1-(N-protected-alpha-aminoacyl)benzotriazoles. Chem Biol Drug Des. 2006;68:37-41 pubmed..Complete retention of chirality was demonstrated by parallel experiments involving D-Ala, L-Ala, and DL-Ala for the preparation of dipeptides and tripeptides, and supported by NMR and HPLC analyses. ..
- Hohn M, Park H, O Donoghue P, Schnitzbauer M, Soll D. Emergence of the universal genetic code imprinted in an RNA record. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:18095-100 pubmed..We determined the identity elements of Methanocaldococcus jannaschii tRNA(Cys) in the aminoacylation reaction for the two Methanococcus maripaludis synthetases SepRS (forming Sep-tRNA(Cys)) and cysteinyl-tRNA ..
- Preobrazhenskaya M, Olsufyeva E, Miroshnikova O, Plattner J, Chu D, Printsevskaya S. N'-(alpha-aminoacyl)- and N'-alpha-(N(alpha)-alkylamino)acyl derivatives of vancomycin and eremomycin. I. Synthesis of N'-(alpha-aminoacyl)- and N'-alpha-(N(alpha)-alkylamino)acyl derivatives of vancomycin and eremomycin by selective aminoacylation o. J Antibiot (Tokyo). 2007;60:235-44 pubmed..In general, N'-(N-alkylglycyl)-derivatives were more active than the corresponding N'-alpha-(N(alpha)-alkylamino)acylated derivatives containing other amino acids (L-Lys, L-Met, L-Orn, L- and D-Ala, L- and D-Phe and benzyl-O-L-Tyr). ..
- Paulander W, Maisnier Patin S, Andersson D. Multiple mechanisms to ameliorate the fitness burden of mupirocin resistance in Salmonella typhimurium. Mol Microbiol. 2007;64:1038-48 pubmed..Measurements in vitro of the kinetics of aminoacylation of wild-type and mutant enzymes showed that resistant IleRS had a reduced rate of aminoacylation due to ..
- Niwa N, Yamagishi Y, Murakami H, Suga H. A flexizyme that selectively charges amino acids activated by a water-friendly leaving group. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2009;19:3892-4 pubmed publisher..The flexizymes system including aFx, eFx, and dFx enables us to prepare a wide variety of acyl-tRNAs charged with non-proteinogenic amino acids. ..
- Goto Y, Ohta A, Sako Y, Yamagishi Y, Murakami H, Suga H. Reprogramming the translation initiation for the synthesis of physiologically stable cyclic peptides. ACS Chem Biol. 2008;3:120-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, this technology offers a new means to prepare a wide array of in vivo compatible cyclic peptide libraries for the discovery of peptidic drug candidates against various therapeutic targets. ..
- Roy H, Ibba M. RNA-dependent lipid remodeling by bacterial multiple peptide resistance factors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:4667-72 pubmed publisher..Here, we used an in vitro reconstituted lipid aminoacylation system to investigate the two phylogenetically distinct MprF paralogs (MprF1 and MprF2) found in the bacterial ..
- Rodgers K, Shiozawa N. Misincorporation of amino acid analogues into proteins by biosynthesis. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2008;40:1452-66 pubmed publisher..We confine the review to studies in which the synthetic machinery of cell has not been modified to accept non-protein amino acids. ..
- Katritzky A, El Gendy B, Todadze E, Abdel Fattah A. (Alpha-aminoacyl)amino-substituted heterocycles and related compounds. J Org Chem. 2008;73:5442-5 pubmed publisher..N-Protected peptidoylbenzotriazoles 6a, b similarly afforded C-terminal N-protected dipeptidoyl amides 7a, b (52-60%). ..
- Zaher H, Green R. Quality control by the ribosome following peptide bond formation. Nature. 2009;457:161-6 pubmed publisher..fidelity of protein synthesis has been thought to rely on the combined accuracy of two basic processes: the aminoacylation of transfer RNAs with their cognate amino acid by the aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases, and the selection of cognate ..
- Ye S, Köhrer C, Huber T, Kazmi M, Sachdev P, Yan E, et al. Site-specific incorporation of keto amino acids into functional G protein-coupled receptors using unnatural amino acid mutagenesis. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:1525-33 pubmed
- Strieter E, Vaillancourt F, Walsh C. CmaE: a transferase shuttling aminoacyl groups between carrier protein domains in the coronamic acid biosynthetic pathway. Biochemistry. 2007;46:7549-57 pubmed
- Pascal R, Boiteau L. Energy flows, metabolism and translation. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2011;366:2949-58 pubmed publisher..Amino acyl adenylates involved as aminoacylation intermediates of the latter process reach one of the higher free energy levels found in biochemistry, which ..
- Sheoran A, Sharma G, First E. Activation of D-tyrosine by Bacillus stearothermophilus tyrosyl-tRNA synthetase: 1. Pre-steady-state kinetic analysis reveals the mechanistic basis for the recognition of D-tyrosine. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:12960-70 pubmed publisher..Single turnover kinetics for the aminoacylation of tRNA(Tyr) by D-tyrosine were monitored using stopped-flow fluorescence spectroscopy...