Summary: The composition, structure, conformation, and properties of atoms and molecules, and their reaction and interaction processes.
- Sierra M, Alarcon L, Gerbino D, Pedroni V, Buffo F, Morini M. Effects of hydroxy-xanthones on dipalmitoylphosphatidylcholine lipid bilayers: A theoretical and experimental study. Chem Phys Lipids. 2017;206:1-8 pubmed publisher..Both effects, localization and fluidity were found to be dependent of the number of hydroxilic substituents of the xanthone and the lipid phase state. ..
- Yu X, Wang N, Zhang R, Zhao Z. Simple Synthesis Hydrogenated Castor Oil Fatty Amide Wax and Its Coating Characterization. J Oleo Sci. 2017;66:659-665 pubmed publisher..After 24 h soaking, the compression forces were decreased. HCO fatty acid wax can be an alternative wax for carnauba wax and beeswax in coating applications. ..
- Bangham A, Standish M, Watkins J. Diffusion of univalent ions across the lamellae of swollen phospholipids. J Mol Biol. 1965;13:238-52 pubmed
- Umezurike G. The beta-glucosidase in the gut contents of the snail Achatina achatina. Biochem J. 1976;157:381-7 pubmed..wt. about 165000). 5. All these forms of the enzyme have similar pH optimum (pH 5.0-5.6). 6. The Michaelis constants (Km) and heat stability of the enzyme increased with increasing molecular complexity. ..
- Sealock R, Laskowski M. Enzymatic replacement of the arginyl by a lysyl residue in the reactive site of soybean trypsin inhibitor. Biochemistry. 1969;8:3703-10 pubmed
- Briese T, Hakenbeck R. Interaction of the pneumococcal amidase with lipoteichoic acid and choline. Eur J Biochem. 1985;146:417-27 pubmed..abstract truncated at 400 words) ..
- Cocito C. Antibiotics of the virginiamycin family, inhibitors which contain synergistic components. Microbiol Rev. 1979;43:145-92 pubmed
- White E, Rapaport E, Hopkins T, Seliger H. Chemi- and bioluminescence of firefly luciferin. J Am Chem Soc. 1969;91:2178-80 pubmed
- Harpaz Y, Gerstein M, Chothia C. Volume changes on protein folding. Structure. 1994;2:641-9 pubmed..The exceptionally high density of the protein interior shown here implies that packing forces play a more important role in protein stability than has been believed hitherto. ..
- Anderson G, Zimmerman J, Callahan F. A reinvestigation of the mixed carbonic anhydride method of peptide synthesis. J Am Chem Soc. 1967;89:5012-7 pubmed
- LePecq J, Paoletti C. A fluorescent complex between ethidium bromide and nucleic acids. Physical-chemical characterization. J Mol Biol. 1967;27:87-106 pubmed
- Ito I, Ito A, Unezaki S. Investigation of Oral Preparation That Is Expected to Improve Medication Administration: Preparation and Evaluation of Oral Gelling Tablet Using Sodium Alginate. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2017;137:969-977 pubmed publisher..Our gelling tablet can be prepared by using AA (main drug) in the inner layer and an appropriate thickness of granulated AG in the outer layer of compressed coated tablets. ..
- Zachariassen K. Physiology of cold tolerance in insects. Physiol Rev. 1985;65:799-832 pubmed
- Prusiner S, Gabizon R, McKinley M. On the biology of prions. Acta Neuropathol. 1987;72:299-314 pubmed..While the central role of PrPSc in scrapie pathogenesis is well established, the chemical as well as conformational differences between PrPC and PrPSc are unknown but probably arise from post-translational modifications. ..
- Fuska J, Proksa B, Uhrin D. The antibiotic PSX-1 produced by Penicillium stipitatum is identical with botryodiplodin. Folia Microbiol (Praha). 1988;33:238-40 pubmed..Antibiotic PSX-1 exhibiting antitumour activity, formerly isolated from the filtrate of a culture of Penicillium stipitatum, was shown to be identical with botryodiplodin. ..
- Mrozik H, Eskola P, Fisher M, Egerton J, Cifelli S, Ostlind D. Avermectin acyl derivatives with anthelmintic activity. J Med Chem. 1982;25:658-63 pubmed..Substitution of the 5-hydroxy group or its loss due to aromatization results in drastically reduced anthelmintic potency...
- Romer J, Bickel M. Interactions of chlorpromazine and imipramine with artificial membranes investigated by equilibrium dialysis, dual-wavelength photometry, and fluorimetry. Biochem Pharmacol. 1979;28:799-805 pubmed
- Feeney R, Yeh Y. Antifreeze proteins from fish bloods. Adv Protein Chem. 1978;32:191-282 pubmed
- Xu J, Mukherjee D, Chang S. Physicochemical properties and storage stability of soybean protein nanoemulsions prepared by ultra-high pressure homogenization. Food Chem. 2018;240:1005-1013 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated that SPI, 7S, and 11S proteins can be used as effective emulsifiers in nanoemulsions prepared by ultra-high pressure homogenization. ..
- Kono M, Ohara K, Honda M, Mitsuhashi S. Drug resistance of staphylococci. XI. Induction of chloramphenicol resistance by its derivatives and analogues. J Antibiot (Tokyo). 1969;22:603-7 pubmed
- Martel A, Moreau N, Capmau M, Soussy C, Duval J. 2"-O-phosphorylation of gentamicin components by a Staphylococcus aureus strain carrying a plasmid. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1977;12:26-30 pubmed..The target of this last enzyme is the 2''-hydroxyl function of these antibiotics, since one inactivated compound is 2''-(O)-phosphorylsisomicin. ..
- Sherwood R, Melton R, Alwan S, Hughes P. Purification and properties of carboxypeptidase G2 from Pseudomonas sp. strain RS-16. Use of a novel triazine dye affinity method. Eur J Biochem. 1985;148:447-53 pubmed..The enzyme follows Michaelis-Menten kinetics with Km values of 4.0 microM for folate, 8.0 microM for methotrexate and 34.0 microM for 5-methyltetrahydrofolate, the predominant form of reduced folate found in plasma. ..
- Christie W. A simple procedure for rapid transmethylation of glycerolipids and cholesteryl esters. J Lipid Res. 1982;23:1072-5 pubmed..Essentially complete transmethylation can occur within a few minutes with no hydrolysis. Glassware and reagent requirements are minimal and samples are ready for gas-liquid chromatography analysis with very little work-up. ..
- Kistenmacher T, Marsh R. Crystal and molecular structure of an antiinflammatory agent, indomethacin, 1-(p-chlorobenzoyl)-5-methoxy-2-methylindole-3-acetic acid. J Am Chem Soc. 1972;94:1340-5 pubmed
- Watanabe Y, Imai K. High-performance liquid chromatography and sensitive detection of amino acids derivatized with 7-fluoro-4-nitrobenzo-2-oxa-1,3-diazole. Anal Biochem. 1981;116:471-2 pubmed
- Weinbach E, Garbus J. Mechanism of action of reagents that uncouple oxidative phosphorylation. Nature. 1969;221:1016-8 pubmed
- Goding J. Use of staphylococcal protein A as an immunological reagent. J Immunol Methods. 1978;20:241-53 pubmed..Thus, the use of protein A is now the method of choice for many preparative and analytical purposes in immunology. ..
- Kamal M, Foukani M, Karoui R. Effects of heating and calcium and phosphate mineral supplementation on the physical properties of rennet-induced coagulation of camel and cow milk gels. J Dairy Res. 2017;84:220-228 pubmed publisher..In contrast, Na2HPO42H2O added at 10 and 20 mM induced the formation of weak gels for preheated camel and cow milk at 50 °C, and even no gelation for preheated camel milk at 70 °C...
- Soloway S. Naturally occurring insecticides. Environ Health Perspect. 1976;14:109-17 pubmed..The chemical nature, relationship of insecticidal activity to chemical structure, occurrence, production, and utilization, registered uses, metabolism, and insect and mammalian toxicity are reviewed. ..
- Taguchi M, Shigeyama M, Ito N, Ogawa N, Takahashi C, Murata M, et al. Preparation and Evaluation of Modified Mohs Paste without Starch. Yakugaku Zasshi. 2017;137:477-484 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the modified Mohs paste using the macrogol ointment for the base exhibits an equivalent effect for control of exudate and a high effect for tissue fixation. ..
- Holmes K, Popp D, Gebhard W, Kabsch W. Atomic model of the actin filament. Nature. 1990;347:44-9 pubmed..The main interactions are along the two-start helix with a contribution from a loop extending across the filament axis provided by the molecule in the adjacent strand. There are also contacts along the left-handed genetic helix. ..
- DAINTON F. On the existence of free atoms and radicals in water and aqueous solutions subjected to ionizing radiation. J Phys Colloid Chem. 1948;52:490-517 pubmed
- Wyckoff H, Tsernoglou D, Hanson A, Knox J, Lee B, Richards F. The three-dimensional structure of ribonuclease-S. Interpretation of an electron density map at a nominal resolution of 2 A. J Biol Chem. 1970;245:305-28 pubmed
- Michalska A, Wojdyło A, Honke J, Ciska E, Andlauer W. Drying-induced physico-chemical changes in cranberry products. Food Chem. 2018;240:448-455 pubmed publisher..In all powders analysed, formation of furoylmethyl amino acids was noted. Antioxidant capacity of cranberry products was influenced by juice formulation and was linked to content of polyphenols. ..
- Weng S, Huang K, Kaunang F, Huang C, Kao H, Chang T, et al. Investigation and identification of protein carbonylation sites based on position-specific amino acid composition and physicochemical features. BMC Bioinformatics. 2017;18:66 pubmed publisher..In short, this work not only characterized the carbonylated substrate preference, but also demonstrated that the proposed method could provide a feasible means for accelerating preliminary discovery of protein carbonylation. ..
- Avery S, Lloyd D, Harwood J. Temperature-dependent changes in plasma-membrane lipid order and the phagocytotic activity of the amoeba Acanthamoeba castellanii are closely correlated. Biochem J. 1995;312 ( Pt 3):811-6 pubmed..castellanii. Therefore, a specific integrated physiological process has been correlated with fatty acid desaturase induction for the first time. ..
- Grewe R, Friedrichsen W. [The cyclization of octahydro-isoquinoline derivatives through morphine ring closures. Synthesis of dihydrothebaines]. Chem Ber. 1967;100:1550-8 pubmed
- Shapiro R, Agarwal S. Reaction of ninhydrin with cytosine derivatives. J Am Chem Soc. 1968;90:474-8 pubmed
- Sara M, Sleytr U. Charge distribution on the S layer of Bacillus stearothermophilus NRS 1536/3c and importance of charged groups for morphogenesis and function. J Bacteriol. 1987;169:2804-9 pubmed..Among other functions, the biological significance of the S layers may be in masking the electronegative charge of the cell wall proper. ..
- Campbell H, Mashburn L. L-Asparaginase EC-2 from Escherichia coli. Some substrate specificity characteristics. Biochemistry. 1969;8:3768-75 pubmed
- Hase S, Sugimoto T, Takemoto H, Ikenaka T, Schmid K. The structure of sugar chains of Japanese quail ovomucoid. The occurrence of oligosaccharides not expected from the classical biosynthetic pathway for N-glycans; a method for the assessment of the structure of glycans present in picomolar amounts. J Biochem. 1986;99:1725-33 pubmed..It is noteworthy that for the latter procedure for the estimation of the structures of oligosaccharides only minute quantities of glycans (several hundreds pmol) are required. ..
- Ismail S, El Anany A, Ali R. Regeneration of Used Frying Palm Oil with Coffee Silverskin (CS), CS Ash (CSA) and Nanoparticles of CS (NCS). J Oleo Sci. 2017;66:897-905 pubmed publisher..Filtration treatment of UFPO with 4% of CS, CSA and NCS markedly lowered the viscosity and colour values of treated UFPO. ..
- Wang R, Gehrke C, Ehrlich M. Comparison of bisulfite modification of 5-methyldeoxycytidine and deoxycytidine residues. Nucleic Acids Res. 1980;8:4777-90 pubmed..The much lower reactivity of m5Cyt and its derivatives compared to that of the unmethylated analogs is primarily due to a decrease in the rate of formation of the sulfonate adduct. ..
- O Brien J, Morrissey P. Nutritional and toxicological aspects of the Maillard browning reaction in foods. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 1989;28:211-48 pubmed..The cytotoxicity, mutagenicity, and immunochemical aspects of selected Maillard reaction products are also examined and suggestions are made for future areas of investigation. ..
- Maryanoff B, Nortey S, Gardocki J, Shank R, Dodgson S. Anticonvulsant O-alkyl sulfamates. 2,3:4,5-Bis-O-(1-methylethylidene)-beta-D-fructopyranose sulfamate and related compounds. J Med Chem. 1987;30:880-7 pubmed..The conformational behavior of 1 in solution and in the solid state is discussed. A series of analogues of 1 were synthesized and examined for anticonvulsant properties. ..
- Williams J, Grace S, Williams J. Evolutionary significance of the renal excretion of transferrin half-molecule fragments. Biochem J. 1982;201:417-9 pubmed..Therefore we suggest that the ancestral transferrin was not a serum protein or, alternatively, that it was not as small as the half-molecule. ..
- Sousa E Silva F, Tierno A, Wengryniuk S. Hypervalent Iodine Reagents in High Valent Transition Metal Chemistry. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..We will cover advancements in both catalysis and high valent complex isolation with a key focus on the subtle effects that oxidant choice can have on reaction outcome, as well as limitations of current reagents. ..
- ..Thus, the likelihood for a point mutation to be conservative, and less likely to cause a change in protein functionality, can be estimated. ..
- Sullivan A, Pangloli P, Dia V. Impact of ultrasonication on the physicochemical properties of sorghum kafirin and in vitro pepsin-pancreatin digestibility of sorghum gluten-like flour. Food Chem. 2018;240:1121-1130 pubmed publisher..Our results showed the potential of ultrasonication to improve digestibility and biological properties of sorghum flour. ..