Genomes and Genes
embryonic stem cells
Summary: Cells derived from the BLASTOCYST INNER CELL MASS which forms before implantation in the uterine wall. They retain the ability to divide, proliferate and provide progenitor cells that can differentiate into specialized cells.
Publications102 found, 100 shown here
- Behar R, Davis B, Wang Y, Bahl V, Lin S, Talbot P. Identification of toxicants in cinnamon-flavored electronic cigarette refill fluids. Toxicol In Vitro. 2014;28:198-208 pubmed..Human embryonic stem cells were generally more sensitive than human adult pulmonary fibroblasts...
- Tachibana A, Santoso M, Mahmoudi M, Shukla P, Wang L, Bennett M, et al. Paracrine Effects of the Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Cardiac Myocytes Salvage the Injured Myocardium. Circ Res. 2017;121:e22-e36 pubmed publisher..Herein, we utilize novel multimodality evaluation of human embryonic stem cells (hESCs), hESC-derived cardiac myocytes (hCMs), human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs), and iPSC-..
- GÃ¶decke N, Zha L, Spencer S, Behme S, Riemer P, Rehli M, et al. Controlled re-activation of epigenetically silenced Tet promoter-driven transgene expression by targeted demethylation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:e147 pubmed publisher..Thus, inducible, reversible and site-specific epigenetic modulation is a promising strategy for reactivation of silenced transgene expression, independent of the integration site. ..
- Good C, Madzo J, Patel B, Maegawa S, Engel N, Jelinek J, et al. A novel isoform of TET1 that lacks a CXXC domain is overexpressed in cancer. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:8269-8281 pubmed publisher..Importantly, TET1ALT lacks the CXXC domain but retains the catalytic domain. TET1ALT is repressed in embryonic stem cells (ESCs) but becomes activated in embryonic and adult tissues while TET1FL is expressed in ESCs, but ..
- Werneburg S, Fuchs H, Albers I, Burkhardt H, Gudi V, Skripuletz T, et al. Polysialylation at Early Stages of Oligodendrocyte Differentiation Promotes Myelin Repair. J Neurosci. 2017;37:8131-8141 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, artificial polysialylation of the cell surface promotes oligodendrocyte differentiation. Thus, boosting ST8SIA2 and engineering of polySia are promising strategies for improving myelin repair. ..
- Matsumiya M, Tomita T, Yoshioka Kobayashi K, Isomura A, Kageyama R. ES cell-derived presomitic mesoderm-like tissues for analysis of synchronized oscillations in the segmentation clock. Development. 2018;145: pubmed publisher..This method is applicable to chemical-library screening and will facilitate the analysis of the molecular nature of the segmentation clock. ..
- Cao Y, Zhang P. Regenerative medicine in cardiovascular diseases - an update. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2017;21:1335-1340 pubmed..The present review article is focused on the current aspects of the regenerative medicine during cardiac disorders. ..
- Nora E, Goloborodko A, Valton A, Gibcus J, Uebersohn A, Abdennur N, et al. Targeted Degradation of CTCF Decouples Local Insulation of Chromosome Domains from Genomic Compartmentalization. Cell. 2017;169:930-944.e22 pubmed publisher..Using the auxin-inducible degron system in mouse embryonic stem cells, we show that CTCF is absolutely and dose-dependently required for looping between CTCF target sites and ..
- Hino K, Horigome K, Nishio M, Komura S, Nagata S, Zhao C, et al. Activin-A enhances mTOR signaling to promote aberrant chondrogenesis in fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3339-3352 pubmed publisher..These results uncovered the crucial role of the Activin-A/FOP-ACVR1/ENPP2/mTOR axis in FOP pathogenesis. ..
- Liu T, Hu Y, Guo S, Tan L, Zhan Y, Yang L, et al. Identification and characterization of MYH9 locus for high efficient gene knock-in and stable expression in mouse embryonic stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2018;13:e0192641 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these findings suggest that like the commonly used ROSA26 site, the MYH9 gene locus may be considered a new safe harbor for high-efficiency targeted transgenesis and for biomedical applications. ..
- Bartholet J. Inside the meat lab. Sci Am. 2011;304:64-9 pubmed
- Wang S, Tang Z, Chen C, Shimada M, Koche R, Wang L, et al. A UTX-MLL4-p300 Transcriptional Regulatory Network Coordinately Shapes Active Enhancer Landscapes for Eliciting Transcription. Mol Cell. 2017;67:308-321.e6 pubmed publisher..that UTX, in a demethylase activity-independent manner, facilitates conversion of inactive enhancers in embryonic stem cells to an active (H3K4me1+/H3K27ac+) state by recruiting and coupling the enzymatic ..
- Boue S, Paramonov I, Barrero M, Izpisua Belmonte J. Analysis of human and mouse reprogramming of somatic cells to induced pluripotent stem cells. What is in the plate?. PLoS ONE. 2010;5: pubmed publisherAfter the hope and controversy brought by embryonic stem cells two decades ago for regenerative medicine, a new turn has been taken in pluripotent cells research when, in 2006, Yamanaka's group reported the reprogramming of fibroblasts to ..
- Neri F, Incarnato D, Krepelova A, Rapelli S, Pagnani A, Zecchina R, et al. Genome-wide analysis identifies a functional association of Tet1 and Polycomb repressive complex 2 in mouse embryonic stem cells. Genome Biol. 2013;14:R91 pubmed publisher..Tet1 is expressed at high levels in mouse embryonic stem cells (ESCs), where it mediates the induction of 5hmC decoration on gene-regulatory elements...
- Ge S. Exploratory bioinformatics investigation reveals importance of "junk" DNA in early embryo development. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:200 pubmed publisher..SINEs also seem to be predictive of gene expression in embryonic stem cells (ESCs), raising the possibility that they may also be involved in regulating pluripotency...
- Cieślar Pobuda A, Knoflach V, Ringh M, Stark J, Likus W, Siemianowicz K, et al. Transdifferentiation and reprogramming: Overview of the processes, their similarities and differences. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 2017;1864:1359-1369 pubmed publisherReprogramming, or generation of induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells (functionally similar to embryonic stem cells or ES cells) by the use of transcription factors (typically: Oct3/4, Sox2, c-Myc, Klf4) called "Yamanaka factors" (OSKM), ..
- Guo G, von Meyenn F, Rostovskaya M, Clarke J, Dietmann S, Baker D, et al. Epigenetic resetting of human pluripotency. Development. 2017;144:2748-2763 pubmed publisher..The facile and robust conversion routine with accompanying data resources will enable widespread utilisation, interrogation, and refinement of candidate naÃ¯ve cells. ..
- de Miguel Beriain I. What is a human embryo? A new piece in the bioethics puzzle. Croat Med J. 2014;55:669-71 pubmed
- Nilsson M, Fagman H. Development of the thyroid gland. Development. 2017;144:2123-2140 pubmed publisher..New findings on the specification and fate decisions of thyroid progenitors, and the morphogenesis of precursor cells into hormone-producing follicular units, are also discussed. ..
- Xue Y, Pradhan S, Sun F, Chronis C, Tran N, Su T, et al. Mot1, Ino80C, and NC2 Function Coordinately to Regulate Pervasive Transcription in Yeast and Mammals. Mol Cell. 2017;67:594-607.e4 pubmed publisher..cerevisiae and murine embryonic stem cells (mESCs)...
- Byrska Bishop M, Vandorn D, Campbell A, Betensky M, Arca P, Yao Y, et al. Pluripotent stem cells reveal erythroid-specific activities of the GATA1 N-terminus. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:993-1005 pubmed publisher..in developmentally arrested GATA1-deficient murine megakaryocyte-erythroid progenitors derived from murine embryonic stem cells (ESCs), expression of GATA1s promoted megakaryopoiesis, but not erythropoiesis...
- De Iaco A, Planet E, Coluccio A, Verp S, Duc J, Trono D. DUX-family transcription factors regulate zygotic genome activation in placental mammals. Nat Genet. 2017;49:941-945 pubmed publisher..Third, Dux knockout in mouse embryonic stem cells (mESCs) prevents the cells from cycling through a 2-cell-like state...
- Vitale I, Manic G, De Maria R, Kroemer G, Galluzzi L. DNA Damage in Stem Cells. Mol Cell. 2017;66:306-319 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss the pathophysiological and therapeutic implications of the molecular pathways through which stem cells cope with DNA damage. ..
- Yue M, Ogawa A, Yamada N, Charles Richard J, Barski A, Ogawa Y. Xist RNA repeat E is essential for ASH2L recruitment to the inactive X and regulates histone modifications and escape gene expression. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006890 pubmed publisher..We discuss the implications of these results to understand the role of ASH2L and Xist repeat E for histone modifications and escape gene regulation during random X-chromosome inactivation. ..
- Makoolati Z, Movahedin M, Forouzandeh Moghadam M, Naghdi M, Koruji M. Embryonic stem cell derived germ cells induce spermatogenesis after transplantation into the testes of an adult mouse azoospermia model. Clin Sci (Lond). 2017;131:2381-2395 pubmed publisher..exogenous factors that allow in vitro differentiation of mouse spermatogonial stem cells (SSCs) from embryonic stem cells (ESCs); (ii) evaluate the effects of Sertoli cells in SSC enrichment; and (iii) assess the success of ..
- Ardehali M, Anselmo A, Cochrane J, Kundu S, Sadreyev R, Kingston R. Polycomb Repressive Complex 2 Methylates Elongin A to Regulate Transcription. Mol Cell. 2017;68:872-884.e6 pubmed publisher..We propose that PRC2 modulates transcription of a subset of low expression target genes in part via methylation of EloA. ..
- Jossin Y, Lee M, Klezovitch O, Kon E, Cossard A, Lien W, et al. Llgl1 Connects Cell Polarity with Cell-Cell Adhesion in Embryonic Neural Stem Cells. Dev Cell. 2017;41:481-495.e5 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a mechanism responsible for the physical and functional connection between cell polarity and cell-cell adhesion machineries in mammalian cells. ..
- Yagi M, Kishigami S, Tanaka A, Semi K, Mizutani E, Wakayama S, et al. Derivation of ground-state female ES cells maintaining gamete-derived DNA methylation. Nature. 2017;548:224-227 pubmed publisher..Our results provide insights into the derivation of female ES cells reminiscent of the inner cell mass of preimplantation embryos...
- Anderson K, Hamilton W, Roske F, Azad A, Knudsen T, Canham M, et al. Insulin fine-tunes self-renewal pathways governing naive pluripotency and extra-embryonic endoderm. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:1164-1177 pubmed publisher..Self-renewal of these PrE cultures is robust and, on the basis of gene expression, these cells resemble early blastocyst-stage PrE, a naive endoderm state able to make both visceral and parietal endoderm. ..
- Sakata Y, Nagao K, Hoki Y, Sasaki H, Obuse C, Sado T. Defects in dosage compensation impact global gene regulation in the mouse trophoblast. Development. 2017;144:2784-2797 pubmed publisher..i>Xist RNA, the A-repeat has been shown to be essential for its silencing function in differentiating embryonic stem cells. Here, we introduced a new Xist allele into mouse that produces mutated Xist RNA lacking the ..
- Saito Y, Kunitomi A, Seki T, Tohyama S, Kusumoto D, Takei M, et al. Epigenetic barrier against the propagation of fluctuating gene expression in embryonic stem cells. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:2879-2889 pubmed publisher..We suggest that an epigenetic barrier is key to preventing the propagation of fluctuating pluripotency gene expression in ES cells. ..
- Kakumanu A, Velasco S, Mazzoni E, Mahony S. Deconvolving sequence features that discriminate between overlapping regulatory annotations. PLoS Comput Biol. 2017;13:e1005795 pubmed publisher..of TFs during motor neuron programming from features associated with chromatin state in the initial embryonic stem cells. Secondly, we characterize distinct sequence properties of multi-condition and cell-specific TF binding ..
- Stathopoulou A, Chhetri J, Ambrose J, Esteve P, Ji L, Erdjument Bromage H, et al. A novel requirement for DROSHA in maintenance of mammalian CG methylation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:9398-9412 pubmed publisher..This adds to the DROSHA repertoire of non-miRNA dependent functions as well as implicating RNA in regulating DNMT1 activity and correct levels of genomic methylation. ..
- Ratajczak M, Jadczyk T, Pędziwiatr D, Wojakowski W. New advances in stem cell research: practical implications for regenerative medicine. Pol Arch Med Wewn. 2014;124:417-26 pubmed..For almost 20 years, there have been unsuccessful attempts to harness controversial embryonic stem cells (ESCs) isolated from embryos...
- Papanayotou C, Collignon J. Activin/Nodal signalling before implantation: setting the stage for embryo patterning. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2014;369: pubmed publisher..has started to emerge, notably from studies detailing how it controls the expression of target genes in embryonic stem cells. We review here what is currently known of the TGF-Î²-related ligands that determine the activity of ..
- Koga T, Shiraki N, Yano S, Suico M, Morino Koga S, Sato T, et al. Mild electrical stimulation with heat shock guides differentiation of embryonic stem cells into Pdx1-expressing cells within the definitive endoderm. BMC Biotechnol. 2017;17:14 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that MET induces the differentiation of Pdx1-expressing cells within the definitive endoderm in a time-dependent manner, and suggest useful application for regenerative medicine. ..
- Lu L, Zhou H, Pan B, Li X, Fu Z, Liu J, et al. c-Jun Amino-Terminal Kinase is Involved in Valproic Acid-Mediated Neuronal Differentiation of Mouse Embryonic NSCs and Neurite Outgrowth of NSC-Derived Neurons. Neurochem Res. 2017;42:1254-1266 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that VPA promotes neuronal differentiation of mouse embryonic NSCs and neurite outgrowth of NSC-derived neurons. Moreover, JNK activation is involved in the effects of VPA stimulation. ..
- Diao Y, Fang R, Li B, Meng Z, Yu J, Qiu Y, et al. A tiling-deletion-based genetic screen for cis-regulatory element identification in mammalian cells. Nat Methods. 2017;14:629-635 pubmed publisher..We used it to interrogate the 2-Mb POU5F1 locus in human embryonic stem cells, and identified 45 cis-regulatory elements...
- Nolbrant S, Heuer A, Parmar M, Kirkeby A. Generation of high-purity human ventral midbrain dopaminergic progenitors for in vitro maturation and intracerebral transplantation. Nat Protoc. 2017;12:1962-1979 pubmed publisher..This protocol is free of xeno-derived products and can be performed under good manufacturing practice (GMP) conditions. ..
- Pochet R, Nicaise C, Mitrecic D. Translation of the focus toward excellence in translational science: comment on "TDP-43 Repression of Nonconserved Cryptic Exons is Compromised in ALS-FTD". Croat Med J. 2015;56:493-5 pubmed
- Harrison S, Sozen B, Christodoulou N, Kyprianou C, Zernicka Goetz M. Assembly of embryonic and extraembryonic stem cells to mimic embryogenesis in vitro. Science. 2017;356: pubmed publisher..Here, we combined mouse embryonic stem cells (ESCs) and extraembryonic trophoblast stem cells (TSCs) in a three-dimensional scaffold to generate ..
- Coulthard L, Hawksworth O, Li R, Balachandran A, Lee J, Sepehrband F, et al. Complement C5aR1 Signaling Promotes Polarization and Proliferation of Embryonic Neural Progenitor Cells through PKCζ. J Neurosci. 2017;37:5395-5407 pubmed publisher..This work demonstrates mechanisms through which dysregulation of complement causes developmental disease and highlights the potential risk of complement inhibition for therapeutic purposes in pregnancy. ..
- Haston S, Pozzi S, Carreno G, Manshaei S, Panousopoulos L, González Meljem J, et al. MAPK pathway control of stem cell proliferation and differentiation in the embryonic pituitary provides insights into the pathogenesis of papillary craniopharyngioma. Development. 2017;144:2141-2152 pubmed publisher
- Chatzeli L, Gaete M, Tucker A. Fgf10 and Sox9 are essential for the establishment of distal progenitor cells during mouse salivary gland development. Development. 2017;144:2294-2305 pubmed publisher..These results provide new insights into the factors required for the expansion of salivary gland epithelial progenitors, which can be useful for organ regeneration therapy. ..
- Yu S, Kim M, Park S, Yoo B, Kim K, Jang Y. SET domain-containing protein 5 is required for expression of primordial germ cell specification-associated genes in murine embryonic stem cells. Cell Biochem Funct. 2017;35:247-253 pubmed publisher..Because PGCs are a common source of both gametes, generation of PGCs from embryonic stem cells (ESCs) is a useful model for analysing the germ line lineage...
- Vichier Guerre C, Parker M, Pomerantz Y, Finnell R, Cabrera R. Impact of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors on neural crest stem cell formation. Toxicol Lett. 2017;281:20-25 pubmed publisher..This evidence suggests paroxetine and sertraline alter normal NCSC behavior and may thereby disrupt cardiac and craniofacial development. ..
- Tang X, Hou M, Ding Y, Li Z, Ren L, Gao G. Systematically profiling and annotating long intergenic non-coding RNAs in human embryonic stem cell. BMC Genomics. 2013;14 Suppl 5:S3 pubmed publisher..Systematical profiling and comprehensive annotation of embryonic stem cells lincRNAs may not only bring a clearer big picture of these novel regulators but also shed light on their ..
- Zheng B, Wang J, Tang L, Shi J, Zhu D. mTORC1 and mTORC2 play different roles in regulating cardiomyocyte differentiation from embryonic stem cells. Int J Dev Biol. 2017;61:65-72 pubmed publisher..Thus, this complex may be a promising target for regulating myocardial differentiation from embryonic stem cells or induced pluripotent stem cells.
- Rizvi A, Camara P, Kandror E, Roberts T, Schieren I, Maniatis T, et al. Single-cell topological RNA-seq analysis reveals insights into cellular differentiation and development. Nat Biotechnol. 2017;35:551-560 pubmed publisher..scTDA can be applied to study asynchronous cellular responses to either developmental cues or environmental perturbations. ..
- Bonev B, Mendelson Cohen N, Szabo Q, Fritsch L, Papadopoulos G, Lubling Y, et al. Multiscale 3D Genome Rewiring during Mouse Neural Development. Cell. 2017;171:557-572.e24 pubmed publisher..Finally, cell type-specific enhancer-promoter contacts are established concomitant to gene expression. This work shows that multiple factors influence the dynamics of chromatin interactions in development. ..
- Pathania M, De Jay N, Maestro N, Harutyunyan A, Nitarska J, Pahlavan P, et al. H3.3K27M Cooperates with Trp53 Loss and PDGFRA Gain in Mouse Embryonic Neural Progenitor Cells to Induce Invasive High-Grade Gliomas. Cancer Cell. 2017;32:684-700.e9 pubmed publisher..Overall, we provide a faithful H3.3K27M-pHGG model which enables insights into oncohistone pathogenesis and investigation of future therapies. ..
- Kalkan T, Olova N, Roode M, Mulas C, Lee H, Nett I, et al. Tracking the embryonic stem cell transition from ground state pluripotency. Development. 2017;144:1221-1234 pubmed publisher..These findings are consistent with the proposition that naïve cells transition to a distinct formative phase of pluripotency preparatory to lineage priming. ..
- Petruk S, Cai J, Sussman R, Sun G, Kovermann S, Mariani S, et al. Delayed Accumulation of H3K27me3 on Nascent DNA Is Essential for Recruitment of Transcription Factors at Early Stages of Stem Cell Differentiation. Mol Cell. 2017;66:247-257.e5 pubmed publisher..gene-specific analyses revealed that, during the first hours of induction of differentiation of mammalian embryonic stem cells (ESCs), accumulation of the repressive histone mark H3K27me3 is delayed after DNA replication, indicative ..
- Ohta H, Kurimoto K, Okamoto I, Nakamura T, Yabuta Y, Miyauchi H, et al. In vitro expansion of mouse primordial germ cell-like cells recapitulates an epigenetic blank slate. EMBO J. 2017;36:1888-1907 pubmed publisher..Using a chemical screening exploiting PGC-like cells (PGCLCs) induced from mouse embryonic stem cells (ESCs), we here identify key signaling pathways critical for PGCLC proliferation...
- Nomikou E, Stournaras C, Kardassis D. Functional analysis of the promoters of the small GTPases RhoA and RhoB in embryonic stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:754-759 pubmed publisher..have been implicated in many physiological and pathological processes in various cell types including embryonic stem cells (ESCs)...
- Xie L, Torigoe S, Xiao J, Mai D, Li L, Davis F, et al. A dynamic interplay of enhancer elements regulates Klf4 expression in naÃ¯ve pluripotency. Genes Dev. 2017;31:1795-1808 pubmed publisher..Together, our results support a highly dynamic yet intrinsically ordered enhanceosome assembly to maintain the finely balanced transcription program underlying naÃ¯ve pluripotency. ..
- Dame K, Cincotta S, Lang A, Sanghrajka R, Zhang L, Choi J, et al. Thyroid Progenitors Are Robustly Derived from Embryonic Stem Cells through Transient, Developmental Stage-Specific Overexpression of Nkx2-1. Stem Cell Reports. 2017;8:216-225 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that NKX2-1 overexpression converts AFE to thyroid epithelium in a developmental time-sensitive manner and suggest a general methodology for manipulation of cell-fate decisions of developmental intermediates. ..
- Zhang S, Song Z. Aio-Casilio: a robust CRISPR-Cas9-Pumilio system for chromosome labeling. J Mol Histol. 2017;48:293-299 pubmed publisher..This Aio-Casilio imaging tool has potential to significantly improve the capacity to study the conformation of chromosomes in living cells. ..
- Saito M, Ishida A, Nakagawa S. In vitro production of insulin-responsive skeletal muscle tissue from mouse embryonic stem cells by spermine-induced differentiation method. Hum Cell. 2017;30:162-168 pubmed publisher..6 times higher than the control without insulin, and this insulin responsiveness was maintained for 5 days. The advantages of the 3-dimensional structure of MMTS are discussed in the contexts of its potential in vivo and in vitro uses. ..
- Xu W, Xu L, Deng B, Leng J, Tang N, Zhao L, et al. The Potential Impact of Radix Paeoniae Alba in Embryonic Development of Mice. Phytother Res. 2017;31:1376-1383 pubmed publisher..This study aims to evaluate the potential impacts of RPA on embryonic stem cells (ESCs) and pregnant mice. Cytotoxicity assays of the extract were performed in ESCs and 3T3 cells...
- Pennacchio L, Visel A. Limits of sequence and functional conservation. Nat Genet. 2010;42:557-8 pubmed publisher..However, a new study demonstrates notable differences between human and mouse stem cell regulatory networks, suggesting caution in generalizing from sequence to functional conservation. ..
- Sadri S, Khazaei M, Ghanbari A, Khazaei M, Shah P. Neuronal differentiation of PC12 and embryonic stem cells in two- and three-dimensional in vitro culture. Indian J Exp Biol. 2014;52:305-11 pubmed..PC12 and embryonic stem cells are two commonly utilized cell lines for the study of neuronal regeneration...
- Lam A, Chen A, Li J, Birch W, Reuveny S, Oh S. Conjoint propagation and differentiation of human embryonic stem cells to cardiomyocytes in a defined microcarrier spinner culture. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2014;5:110 pubmed publisher..Functional CMs, differentiated from human embryonic stem cells (hESCs), offer a potentially unlimited cell source for cardiac disease therapies and regenerative ..
- Hsu S, Gilgenast T, Bartman C, Edwards C, Stonestrom A, Huang P, et al. The BET Protein BRD2 Cooperates with CTCF to Enforce Transcriptional and Architectural Boundaries. Mol Cell. 2017;66:102-116.e7 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that BRD2 supports boundary activity, and they raise the possibility that pharmacologic BET inhibitors can influence gene expression in part by perturbing domain boundary function. ..
- Ridings Figueroa R, Stewart E, Nesterova T, Coker H, Pintacuda G, Godwin J, et al. The nuclear matrix protein CIZ1 facilitates localization of Xist RNA to the inactive X-chromosome territory. Genes Dev. 2017;31:876-888 pubmed publisher..to expression of X inactive-specific transcript (Xist) RNA during the earliest stages of X inactivation in embryonic stem cells and is dependent on the C-terminal nuclear matrix anchor domain of CIZ1 and the E repeats of Xist ..
- Baker O, Tsurkan S, Fu J, Klink B, Rump A, Obst M, et al. The contribution of homology arms to nuclease-assisted genome engineering. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:8105-8115 pubmed publisher..length in targeting constructs using a hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyl-transferase assay in mouse embryonic stem cells. Targeting frequency with supercoiled plasmids improved steeply up to 2 kb total homology and continued to ..
- Sagi I, Benvenisty N. Haploidy in Humans: An Evolutionary and Developmental Perspective. Dev Cell. 2017;41:581-589 pubmed publisher..Haploid embryonic stem cells have been experimentally generated from mouse, rat, monkey, and humans...