Genomes and Genes
mesenchymal stromal cells
Summary: Bone-marrow-derived, non-hematopoietic cells that support HEMATOPOETIC STEM CELLS. They have also been isolated from other organs and tissues such as UMBILICAL CORD BLOOD, umbilical vein subendothelium, and WHARTON JELLY. These cells are considered to be a source of multipotent stem cells because they include subpopulations of mesenchymal stem cells.
Publications119 found, 100 shown here
- Zhang Y, Zhao S, Zhu Z, Wang Y, Liu J, Zhang Z, et al. Cx43- and Smad-Mediated TGF-?/ BMP Signaling Pathway Promotes Cartilage Differentiation of Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Inhibits Osteoblast Differentiation. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:1277-1293 pubmed publisher..Cx43 and Smad1 promote BMP-induced cartilage differentiation of BMSCs and inhibit osteoblast differentiation, which provide a new strategy for cartilage tissue engineering using exogenous Cx43 and Smad1. ..
- Yin J, Oh Y, Kim J, Kim S, Choi E, Kim T, et al. Transglutaminase 2 Inhibition Reverses Mesenchymal Transdifferentiation of Glioma Stem Cells by Regulating C/EBPÎ² Signaling. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4973-4984 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results indicate that TGM2 is a key molecular switch of necrosis-induced MES transdifferentiation and an important therapeutic target for MES GBM. Cancer Res; 77(18); 4973-84. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Ridge S, Sullivan F, Glynn S. Mesenchymal stem cells: key players in cancer progression. Mol Cancer. 2017;16:31 pubmed publisher..This review will focus on the role of MSCs in tumour development at various stages of progression from growth of the primary tumour to the establishment of distant metastasis. ..
- Huleihel L, Sellares J, Cárdenes N, Alvarez D, Faner R, Sakamoto K, et al. Modified mesenchymal stem cells using miRNA transduction alter lung injury in a bleomycin model. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2017;313:L92-L103 pubmed publisher..Our results establish the use of miRNA-modified mesenchymal stem cells as a potential future research in lung fibrosis. ..
- Deng B, Wang J, Hu X, Duan P, Wang L, Li Y, et al. Nkx2.5 enhances the efficacy of mesenchymal stem cells transplantation in treatment heart failure in rats. Life Sci. 2017;182:65-72 pubmed publisher..This study has found that Nkx2.5 enhances the efficacy of MSCs transplantation in treatment adriamycin-induced heart failure in rats. Nkx2.5 transfected to transplanted MSCs provides a potential effective approach to heart failure. ..
- Gregor I, Spiecker M, Petrovsky R, Großhans J, Ros R, Enderlein J. Rapid nonlinear image scanning microscopy. Nat Methods. 2017;14:1087-1089 pubmed publisher..The design offers improved sensitivity and high frame rates relative to those of existing systems. We demonstrate its utility using fixed and living specimens as well as collagen hydrogels...
- Jing H, Liao L, Su X, Shuai Y, Zhang X, Deng Z, et al. Declining histone acetyltransferase GCN5 represses BMSC-mediated angiogenesis during osteoporosis. FASEB J. 2017;31:4422-4433 pubmed publisher..Jing, H., Liao, L., Su, X., Shuai, Y. Zhang, X., Deng, Z., Jin, Y. Declining histone acetyltransferase GCN5 represses BMSC-mediated angiogenesis during osteoporosis. ..
- Feng J, Chong M, Chan J, Zhang Z, Teoh S, Thian E. A scalable approach to obtain mesenchymal stem cells with osteogenic potency on apatite microcarriers. J Biomater Appl. 2014;29:93-103 pubmed publisher..001). Additionally, type I collagen and osteocalcin expression were 1.8- and 1.5-fold higher than that of adherent monolayer culture on day 12, respectively (pâ€‰<â€‰0.001). ..
- Liu S, Jia Y, Yuan M, Guo W, Huang J, Zhao B, et al. Repair of Osteochondral Defects Using Human Umbilical Cord Wharton's Jelly-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells in a Rabbit Model. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:8760383 pubmed publisher..hWJMSC allografts may be promising for clinical applications. ..
- Almalki S, Agrawal D. ERK signaling is required for VEGF-A/VEGFR2-induced differentiation of porcine adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells into endothelial cells. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2017;8:113 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insights into the role of the ERK signaling pathway in AMSC differentiation to ECs for potential clinical use in cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Bartolucci J, Verdugo F, González P, Larrea R, Abarzua E, Goset C, et al. Safety and Efficacy of the Intravenous Infusion of Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Patients With Heart Failure: A Phase 1/2 Randomized Controlled Trial (RIMECARD Trial [Randomized Clinical Trial of Intravenous Infusion Umbilical Cord Mesench. Circ Res. 2017;121:1192-1204 pubmed publisher
- Steinert A, Weissenberger M, Kunz M, Gilbert F, Ghivizzani S, Göbel S, et al. Indian hedgehog gene transfer is a chondrogenic inducer of human mesenchymal stem cells. Arthritis Res Ther. 2012;14:R168 pubmed publisher..As this study provides evidence for chondrogenic induction of MSC aggregates in vitro via IHH gene delivery, this technology may be efficiently employed for generating cartilaginous repair tissues in vivo. ..
- Hino K, Horigome K, Nishio M, Komura S, Nagata S, Zhao C, et al. Activin-A enhances mTOR signaling to promote aberrant chondrogenesis in fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3339-3352 pubmed publisher..compounds, we identified mTOR signaling as a critical pathway for the aberrant chondrogenesis of mesenchymal stromal cells derived from FOP-iPSCs (FOP-iMSCs)...
- Zhang Q, Lin S, Zhang T, Tian T, Ma Q, Xie X, et al. Curved microstructures promote osteogenesis of mesenchymal stem cells via the RhoA/ROCK pathway. Cell Prolif. 2017;50: pubmed publisher..However, it is not clear how curved microstructures affect cellular behaviour in bone tissue...
- Gaskill C, Carrier E, Kropski J, Bloodworth N, Menon S, Foronjy R, et al. Disruption of lineage specification in adult pulmonary mesenchymal progenitor cells promotes microvascular dysfunction. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:2262-2276 pubmed publisher..ABCG2+ MPCs may, therefore, account in part for the aberrant microvessel function and remodeling that are associated with chronic lung diseases. ..
- Long Y, Chen H, Liu L, Guo L. [Inula Britannica flower total flavonoids reduces the apoptosis of aging bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells by anti-oxidation]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2017;33:649-655 pubmed..Conclusion IBFTF can attenuate the apoptosis of aging BMSCs by anti-oxidation. ..
- Hossain M, Murali M, Kamarul T. Genetically modified mesenchymal stem/stromal cells transfected with adiponectin gene can stably secrete adiponectin. Life Sci. 2017;182:50-56 pubmed publisher..GM-MSCs express and secret adiponectin protein. Therefore, these adiponectin secreting GM-MSCs could be instrumental for the supplementation of adiponectin in the treatment of adiponectin deficiency related diseases. ..
- Song Y, Joo H, Park I, Shen G, Lee Y, Shin J, et al. Bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell-derived vascular endothelial growth factor attenuates cardiac apoptosis via regulation of cardiac miRNA-23a and miRNA-92a in a rat model of myocardial infarction. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179972 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the paracrine factor, VEGF, derived from transplanted BM-MSCs, regulated the expression of miRNAs such as miRNA-23a and miRNA-92a and exerted anti-apoptotic effects in cardiomyocytes after MI. ..
- Xie X, Zhan X, Hu Z. [Zinc finger protein 521 suppresses osteogenic differentiation of rat mesenchymal stem cells by inhibiting the Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway]. Mol Biol (Mosk). 2017;51:464-472 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that Zfp521 regulates osteogenic differentiation of rat MSCs through the suppression of the Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway. ..
- Sullivan C, Murphy J, Griffin M, Porter R, Evans C, O Flatharta C, et al. Genetic mismatch affects the immunosuppressive properties of mesenchymal stem cells in vitro and their ability to influence the course of collagen-induced arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2012;14:R167 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate a significant difference in the immunosuppressive properties of syngeneic and allogeneic MSCs in vitro and in vivo, which needs to be appreciated when developing MSC based therapies for inflammatory arthritis. ..
- Naftali Shani N, Levin Kotler L, Palevski D, Amit U, Kain D, Landa N, et al. Left Ventricular Dysfunction Switches Mesenchymal Stromal Cells Toward an Inflammatory Phenotype and Impairs Their Reparative Properties Via Toll-Like Receptor-4. Circulation. 2017;135:2271-2287 pubmed publisher..The environment of the failing and infarcted myocardium drives resident and transplanted MSCs toward a proinflammatory phenotype and restricts their survival and reparative effects in a mechanism mediated by TLR4. ..
- Zhang C, Yu L, Liu S, Wang Y. Human amnion-derived mesenchymal stem cells promote osteogenic and angiogenic differentiation of human adipose-derived stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186253 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that HAMSC might be a valuable therapeutic approach to promote HASCs-involved bone regeneration...
- Odeleye A, Castillo Avila S, Boon M, Martin H, Coopman K. Development of an optical system for the non-invasive tracking of stem cell growth on microcarriers. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2017;114:2032-2042 pubmed publisher..Biotechnol. Bioeng. 2017;114: 2032-2042. © 2017 The Authors. Biotechnology and Bioengineering Published by Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Xia H, Gilbertsen A, Herrera J, Racila E, Smith K, Peterson M, et al. Calcium-binding protein S100A4 confers mesenchymal progenitor cell fibrogenicity in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:2586-2597 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that IPF MPCs are intrinsically fibrogenic and that S100A4 confers MPCs with fibrogenicity. ..
- Viau S, Chabrand L, Eap S, Lorant J, Rouger K, Goudaliez F, et al. Pathogen reduction through additive-free short-wave UV light irradiation retains the optimal efficacy of human platelet lysate for the expansion of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181406 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated the feasibility of using UV-C-treated platelets to subsequently obtain pathogen-reduced hPL, while preserving its optimal quality and efficacy for hMSC expansion in cell therapy applications. ..
- Salem O, Wang H, Alaseem A, Ciobanu O, Hadjab I, Gawri R, et al. Naproxen affects osteogenesis of human mesenchymal stem cells via regulation of Indian hedgehog signaling molecules. Arthritis Res Ther. 2014;16:R152 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Npx could affect MSC-mediated repair of subchondral bone in OA patients. ..
- Cao Z, Dou C, Dong S. Curcumin Inhibits Chondrocyte Hypertrophy of Mesenchymal Stem Cells through IHH and Notch Signaling Pathways. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2017;65:762-767 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated curcumin was a potential agent in modulating cartilage homeostasis and maintaining chondrocyte phenotype. ..
- Aggoune D, Sorel N, Bonnet M, Goujon J, Tarte K, Herault O, et al. Bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cell (MSC) gene profiling in chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) patients at diagnosis and in deep molecular response induced by tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs). Leuk Res. 2017;60:94-102 pubmed publisherAlthough it has been well-demonstrated that bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cells (MSCs) from CML patients do not belong to the Ph1-positive clone, there is growing evidence that they could play a role in the leukemogenesis process or ..
- Friesen M, Camahort R, Lee Y, Xia F, Gerszten R, Rhee E, et al. Activation of IRF1 in Human Adipocytes Leads to Phenotypes Associated with Metabolic Disease. Stem Cell Reports. 2017;8:1164-1173 pubmed publisher..This highlights IRF1's relevance to obesity-related inflammation and the resultant metabolic dysregulation. ..
- Wang Y, Chu Y, Yue B, Ma X, Zhang G, Xiang H, et al. Adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells promote osteosarcoma proliferation and metastasis by activating the STAT3 pathway. Oncotarget. 2017;8:23803-23816 pubmed publisher..After the siRNA treatment, the MMP2, MMP9 and Ki67 levels decreased. Based on these data, stromal ADSCs promote osteosarcoma progression by increasing STAT3 signalling-mediated MMP2/9 expression. ..
- Cao Z, Huang S, Dou C, Xiang Q, Dong S. Cyanidin suppresses autophagic activity regulating chondrocyte hypertrophic differentiation. J Cell Physiol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that cyanidin was a potential therapeutic agent for keeping mature chondrocyte functions. ..
- Arango J, Puerta Arias J, Pino Tamayo P, Salazar Peláez L, Rojas M, Gonzalez A. Impaired anti-fibrotic effect of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cell in a mouse model of pulmonary paracoccidioidomycosis. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0006006 pubmed publisher..brasiliensis does not have any anti-fibrotic effect; possibly because their interaction with the fungus promotes collagen expression and tissue remodeling...
- Li X, Song Y, Liu D, Zhao J, Xu J, Ren J, et al. MiR-495 Promotes Senescence of Mesenchymal Stem Cells by Targeting Bmi-1. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:780-796 pubmed publisher..Molecular mechanism studies confirmed that Bmi-1 mediated these effects of miR-495 on MSCs. Taken together, our data demonstrated that miR-495 induced senescence of MSCs may be involved in the pathogenesis of PE. ..
- Gomes C. The dual role of mesenchymal stem cells in tumor progression. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2013;4:42 pubmed publisher..The article by Keramidas and colleagues in this issue of Stem Cell Research & Therapy provides an interesting contribution to this hot topic. ..
- Navone S, Pascucci L, Dossena M, Ferri A, Invernici G, Acerbi F, et al. Decellularized silk fibroin scaffold primed with adipose mesenchymal stromal cells improves wound healing in diabetic mice. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2014;5:7 pubmed publisher..be a suitable substrate for tissue engineering and to improve tissue regeneration when cellularized with mesenchymal stromal cells (MSCs)...
- Qin D, Long T, Deng J, Zhang Y. Urine-derived stem cells for potential use in bladder repair. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2014;5:69 pubmed publisher..Importantly, USCs can be obtained via a noninvasive, simple, and low-cost approach and induced with high efficiency to differentiate into bladder cells. ..
- Shou K, Niu Y, Zheng X, Ma Z, Jian C, Qi B, et al. Enhancement of Bone-Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cell Angiogenic Capacity by NPWT for a Combinatorial Therapy to Promote Wound Healing with Large Defect. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:7920265 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that NPWT may act as an inductive role to enhance BMSCs angiogenic capacity and this combinatorial therapy may serve as a simple but efficient clinical solution for complex wounds with large defects. ..
- Peng Y, Yan S, Chen D, Cui X, Jiao K. Pdgfrb is a direct regulatory target of TGF? signaling in atrioventricular cushion mesenchymal cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175791 pubmed publisher..Our data therefore collectively suggest that upon TGF? stimulation, SP1 recruits SMAD2 to the promoter of Pdgfrb to up-regulate its expression and thus Pdgfrb is a direct downstream target of the TGF?/SMAD2 signaling. ..
- Aleksander Konert E, Paduszyński P, Zajdel A, Dzierzewicz Z, Wilczok A. In vitro chondrogenesis of Wharton's jelly mesenchymal stem cells in hyaluronic acid-based hydrogels. Cell Mol Biol Lett. 2016;21:11 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that WJ-MSCs have some degree of chondrogenic potential in HyStem and HyStem-C hydrogels, showing promise for the engineering of damaged articular cartilage. ..
- Sokal E, Lombard C, Roelants V, Najimi M, Varma S, Sargiacomo C, et al. Biodistribution of Liver-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells After Peripheral Injection in a Hemophilia A Patient. Transplantation. 2017;101:1845-1851 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the potential use of ADHLSCs in the treatment of hemophilia A. ..
- Kim J, Lee J, Ryu S, Suh P. Chlormadinone acetate promotes osteoblast differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells through the ERK signaling pathway. Eur J Pharmacol. 2014;726:1-8 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest a novel function of CMA as an osteogenic activator and intracellular signaling pathway mediated by CMA in osteoblast differentiation. ..
- Yu Y, Liao L, Shao B, Su X, Shuai Y, Wang H, et al. Knockdown of MicroRNA Let-7a Improves the Functionality of Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Immunotherapy. Mol Ther. 2017;25:480-493 pubmed publisher..With high safety and convenience, knockdown of let-7a is a potential strategy to improve MSC therapy for inflammatory diseases in clinic. ..
- Sato K, Mera H, Wakitani S, Takagi M. Effect of epigallocatechin-3-gallate on the increase in type II collagen accumulation in cartilage-like MSC sheets. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2017;81:1241-1245 pubmed publisher..Taken together, EGCG may enhance the accumulation of type II collagen by suppressing type II collagen degradation. ..
- Cazzaniga A, Moscheni C, Maier J, Castiglioni S. Culture of human cells in experimental units for spaceflight impacts on their behavior. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2017;242:1072-1078 pubmed publisher..For these reasons, specific devices for cell culture in space have been developed. It is important to clarify whether these alternative culture systems impact on cell performances to allow a correct interpretation of the data...
- Wang Y, Zhang H, Han H, Zou Y, Gao Q, Yang G. Taxifolin enhances osteogenic differentiation of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells partially via NF-?B pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:36-43 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results suggested that taxifolin could promote osteogenesis of hBMSCs, partially through antagonism of NF-?B signaling pathway. ..
- Yin K, Zhu R, Wang S, Zhao R. Low level laser (LLL) attenuate LPS-induced inflammatory responses in mesenchymal stem cells via the suppression of NF-?B signaling pathway in vitro. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179175 pubmed publisher..In addition, LLL attenuated activation-associated markers CD25 and CD69 in co-cultures of PBMC and 3 types of treated MSCs. ..
- Lima F, Swift J, Greene E, Allen M, Cunningham D, Braby L, et al. Exposure to Low-Dose X-Ray Radiation Alters Bone Progenitor Cells and Bone Microarchitecture. Radiat Res. 2017;188:433-442 pubmed publisher..A better understanding of the effects of radiation on osteoprogenitor cell populations could lead to more effective therapeutic interventions that protect bone integrity for individuals exposed to low-dose ionizing radiation. ..
- Thomas C, Karnoub A. Lysyl oxidase at the crossroads of mesenchymal stem cells and epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Oncotarget. 2013;4:376-7 pubmed
- Zhang L, Liu D, Pu D, Wang Y, Li L, He Y, et al. The TLR7 agonist Imiquimod promote the immunogenicity of mesenchymal stem cells. Biol Res. 2015;48:6 pubmed publisher..Extensive researches have now been conducted to study whether the change of immune status will be help in tumor rejection based on the tumor-tropism of MSCs. ..
- de Sousa E, Casado P, Moura Neto V, Duarte M, Aguiar D. Synovial fluid and synovial membrane mesenchymal stem cells: latest discoveries and therapeutic perspectives. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2014;5:112 pubmed publisher..Here, we briefly review the current knowledge on synovial fluid MSCs, their origin, relation to some orthopedic diseases, and future applications. ..
- Tian Y, Xu Y, Xue T, Chen L, Shi B, Shu B, et al. Notch activation enhances mesenchymal stem cell sheet osteogenic potential by inhibition of cellular senescence. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2595 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Notch activation by Jagged1 could be used to overcome the stem cell aging caused by high density sheet culture, thereby increasing the therapeutic potential of MSC sheets for tissue regeneration. ..
- Cheng W, Han X, Mou S, Yang F, Liu L. [Effects of alginate/collagen scaffold on cell proliferation and differentiation of human adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells]. Zhonghua Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2017;52:259-264 pubmed publisher..Bone tissue engineering can use 10% hydrogel material, and when the sodium alginate and collagen have a ratio of 2?1, the hydrogel can be conducive to cell differentiation and proliferation...
- Harris E, Liu Y, Cunniffe G, Morrissey D, Carroll S, Mulhall K, et al. Biofabrication of soft tissue templates for engineering the bone-ligament interface. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2017;114:2400-2411 pubmed publisher..This novel approach represents a new strategy for engineering the ligament-bone interface. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 2017;114: 2400-2411. © 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Vetsch J, Betts D, Muller R, Hofmann S. Flow velocity-driven differentiation of human mesenchymal stromal cells in silk fibroin scaffolds: A combined experimental and computational approach. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180781 pubmed publisher..001m/s and vhigh = 0.061m/s) on the growth of mineralized tissue produced by human mesenchymal stromal cells cultured on 3-D silk fibroin scaffolds...
- Miyagawa I, Nakayamada S, Nakano K, Yamagata K, Sakata K, Yamaoka K, et al. Induction of Regulatory T Cells and Its Regulation with Insulin-like Growth Factor/Insulin-like Growth Factor Binding Protein-4 by Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells. J Immunol. 2017;199:1616-1625 pubmed publisher..The results of this study suggest that regulation of IGF may be important for treatments using human MSCs. ..
- de Paula D, Capuano V, Filho D, Carneiro A, de Oliveira Crema V, de Oliveira L, et al. Biological properties of cardiac mesenchymal stem cells in rats with diabetic cardiomyopathy. Life Sci. 2017;188:45-52 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest, for the first time, that in chronic DM rats with overt DCM, cMSCs increase in number and exhibit changes in several functional properties, which could be implicated in the pathogenesis of diabetic cardiomyopathy. ..
- Kaushal S, Wehman B, Pietris N, Naughton C, Bentzen S, Bigham G, et al. Study design and rationale for ELPIS: A phase I/IIb randomized pilot study of allogeneic human mesenchymal stem cell injection in patients with hypoplastic left heart syndrome. Am Heart J. 2017;192:48-56 pubmed publisher..This study will establish the safety and feasibility of allogeneic mesenchymal stem cell injection in HLHS patients and provide important insights in the emerging field of stem cell-based therapy for congenital heart disease patients. ..
- Li X, Guo L, Liu Y, Su Y, Xie Y, Du J, et al. MicroRNA-21 promotes osteogenesis of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells via the Smad7-Smad1/5/8-Runx2 pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:928-933 pubmed publisher..We identified a novel mechanism by which microRNA-21 (miR-21) promotes the bone formation of BMMSCs and found that this process is regulated, in part, by the Smad7-Smad1/5/8-Runx2 pathway. ..
- Bournazos S, Fahim A, Hart S. Identification of fibrocytes in peripheral blood. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009;180:1279; author reply 1279 pubmed
- Chen J, Chua M, Bellon R, Jacobs C. Epigenetic changes during mechanically induced osteogenic lineage commitment. J Biomech Eng. 2015;137:020902 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that fluid shear stress stimulation rapidly promotes the availability of genes for expression, but also specifically increases gene expression of later osteogenic markers. ..
- Miao X, Wu X, Shi W. Umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells in neurological disorders: A clinical study. Indian J Biochem Biophys. 2015;52:140-6 pubmed..These data support expanded double-blind, placebo-controlled studies for this treatment modality. ..
- Ragni E, Banfi F, Barilani M, Cherubini A, Parazzi V, Larghi P, et al. Extracellular Vesicle-Shuttled mRNA in Mesenchymal Stem Cell Communication. Stem Cells. 2017;35:1093-1105 pubmed publisher..Stem Cells 2017;35:1093-1105...
- Liu L, Luo Q, Sun J, Wang A, Shi Y, Ju Y, et al. Decreased nuclear stiffness via FAK-ERK1/2 signaling is necessary for osteopontin-promoted migration of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Exp Cell Res. 2017;355:172-181 pubmed publisher..This study provides strong evidence for the role of nuclear mechanics in BMSC migration as well as new insight into the molecular mechanisms of OPN-promoted BMSC migration. ..
- Nagashima K, Sawa S, Nitta T, Tsutsumi M, Okamura T, Penninger J, et al. Identification of subepithelial mesenchymal cells that induce IgA and diversify gut microbiota. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:675-682 pubmed publisher..Thus, the subepithelial mesenchymal cells that serve as M cell inducers have a fundamental role in the maintenance of intestinal immune homeostasis. ..