Genomes and Genes
madin darby canine kidney cells
Summary: An epithelial cell line derived from a kidney of a normal adult female dog.
- Piontek A, Rossa J, Protze J, Wolburg H, Hempel C, GÃ¼nzel D, et al. Polar and charged extracellular residues conserved among barrier-forming claudins contribute to tight junction strand formation. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2017;1397:143-156 pubmed publisher..These residues are all conserved among barrier-forming classic claudins. The results contribute to mechanistic understanding of claudin-based regulation of paracellular permeability. ..
- Florek N, Kamlangdee A, Mutschler J, Kingstad Bakke B, Schultz Darken N, Broman K, et al. A modified vaccinia Ankara vaccine vector expressing a mosaic H5 hemagglutinin reduces viral shedding in rhesus macaques. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181738 pubmed publisher..Together these data suggest that mosaic HA antigens may provide a means for inducing broadly cross-reactive immunity to influenza viruses. ..
- Smith G, Badolo L, Chell V, Chen I, Christensen K, David L, et al. The design and SAR of a novel series of 2-aminopyridine based LRRK2 inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:4500-4505 pubmed publisher..Compounds derived from a 2-aminopyridine screening hit were optimised using a LRRK2 homology model based on mixed lineage kinase 1 (MLK1), such that a 2-aminopyridine-based lead molecule 45, with in vivo activity, was identified. ..
- Cho J, Yi H, Jang E, Lee M, Lee J, Kang C, et al. Mycophenolic mofetil, an alternative antiviral and immunomodulator for the highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N1 virus infection. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;494:298-304 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that MMF could represent a novel inhibitor of viral replication and a potent immunomodulator for the treatment of H5N1 virus infection...
- Goto T, Shimotai Y, Matsuzaki Y, Muraki Y, Sho R, Sugawara K, et al. Effect of Phosphorylation of CM2 Protein on Influenza C Virus Replication. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..This is the first report demonstrating that phosphorylation of the influenza C virus CM2 ion channel protein, unlike that of the influenza A virus M2 protein, plays a role in virus replication. ..
- Bernard Gauthier V, Bailey J, Mossine A, Lindner S, Vomacka L, Aliaga A, et al. A Kinome-Wide Selective Radiolabeled TrkB/C Inhibitor for in Vitro and in Vivo Neuroimaging: Synthesis, Preclinical Evaluation, and First-in-Human. J Med Chem. 2017;60:6897-6910 pubmed publisher..These results illustrate for the first time the use of a kinome-wide selective radioactive chemical probe for endogenous kinase PET neuroimaging in human. ..
- Marunaka K, Furukawa C, Fujii N, Kimura T, Furuta T, Matsunaga T, et al. The RING finger- and PDZ domain-containing protein PDZRN3 controls localization of the Mg2+ regulator claudin-16 in renal tube epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13034-13044 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PDZRN3 mediates endocytosis of dephosphorylated CLDN16 and represents an important component of the CLDN16-trafficking machinery in the kidney. ..
- Gadadhar S, Dadi H, Bodakuntla S, Schnitzler A, BiÃ¨che I, Rusconi F, et al. Tubulin glycylation controls primary cilia length. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:2701-2713 pubmed publisher..This strongly suggests that glycylation is essential for the homeostasis of primary cilia, which has important implications for human disorders related to primary cilia dysfunctions, such as ciliopathies and certain types of cancer. ..
- Kim S, Oh S, Park S, Hur D, Hong S, Han S. Epstein-Barr virus-encoded latent membrane protein 1 induces epithelial to mesenchymal transition by inducing V-set Ig domain containing 4 (VSIG4) expression via NF-kB in renal tubular epithelial HK-2 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;492:316-322 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that EBV-encoded LMP1 regulates EMT through the NF-kB-VSIG4 axis in HK-2 cells, and VSIG4 is a potential target in EBV-induced chronic kidney diseases. ..
- Liu Y, Zhao X, Guo C, Li Y, Wang G, Liang D, et al. [Preparation and identification of monoclonal antibody against H1N1 influenza virus]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2017;33:688-694 pubmed..HA-specific mAb can be used to analyze the characteristics of virus infection process and the effect of virus infection on the host cells as well. ..
- Mehrbod P, Abdalla M, Njoya E, Ahmed A, Fotouhi F, Farahmand B, et al. South African medicinal plant extracts active against influenza A virus. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2018;18:112 pubmed publisher..However, Tabernaemontana ventricosa, Cussonia spicata and Clerodendrum glabrum leaf extracts were ineffective in vitro in this study. ..
- Togo T. Short-term potentiation of membrane resealing in neighboring cells is mediated by purinergic signaling. Purinergic Signal. 2014;10:283-90 pubmed..These results suggest that cell membrane disruption stimulates at least two intercellular signaling pathways, NO and purinergic signaling, to potentiate cell membrane resealing in neighboring cells. ..
- Heath M, Swan N, Marriott A, Silman N, Hallis B, Prevosto C, et al. Comparison of a novel microcrystalline tyrosine adjuvant with aluminium hydroxide for enhancing vaccination against seasonal influenza. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:232 pubmed publisher..The properties of MCT that lead to the reported effectiveness warrants further exploration in this and other vaccine targets - particularly where appropriate immunogenic, biodegradable and stable alternative adjuvants are sought. ..
- Panthu B, Terrier O, Carron C, Traversier A, Corbin A, Balvay L, et al. The NS1 Protein from Influenza Virus Stimulates Translation Initiation by Enhancing Ribosome Recruitment to mRNAs. J Mol Biol. 2017;429:3334-3352 pubmed publisher..Although we show that NS1 can bind directly to mRNAs, it does not correlate with its ability to stimulate translation. This activity rather relies on the property of NS1 to associate with ribosomes and to recruit them to target mRNAs. ..
- Hong S, Kim S, Jin D, Kim Y, Hur D. RPS27a enhances EBV-encoded LMP1-mediated proliferation and invasion by stabilizing of LMP1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:303-309 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that RSP27a could be a potential target in EBV-infected LMP1-positive cancer cells. ..
- Bai X, Bowen J, Knox T, Zhou K, Pendziwiat M, Kuhlenbäumer G, et al. Novel septin 9 repeat motifs altered in neuralgic amyotrophy bind and bundle microtubules. J Cell Biol. 2013;203:895-905 pubmed..Thus, the SEPT9 repeat motifs bind and bundle MTs, and thereby promote asymmetric neurite growth. These results provide the first insight into the mechanism of septin interaction with MTs and the molecular and cellular basis of HNA. ..
- Sun H, Blackmon S, Yang G, Waters K, Li T, Tangwangvivat R, et al. Zoonotic Risk, Pathogenesis, and Transmission of Avian-Origin H3N2 Canine Influenza Virus. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Our study contributes to the increasing evidence that surveillance of the canine population for IAVs is an important component of pandemic preparedness. ..
- Kon S, Ishibashi K, Katoh H, Kitamoto S, Shirai T, Tanaka S, et al. Cell competition with normal epithelial cells promotes apical extrusion of transformed cells through metabolic changes. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:530-541 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that non-cell-autonomous metabolic modulation is a crucial regulator for cell competition, shedding light on the unexplored events at the initial stage of carcinogenesis. ..
- Nturibi E, Bhagwat A, Coburn S, Myerburg M, Lakdawala S. Intracellular Colocalization of Influenza Viral RNA and Rab11A Is Dependent upon Microtubule Filaments. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..These results enhance our understanding of vRNA assembly and the role of cytoskeletal proteins in that process. ..
- Verma S, Soto J, Vasudevan A, Schmeisser F, Alvarado Facundo E, Wang W, et al. Determination of influenza B identity and potency in quadrivalent inactivated influenza vaccines using lineage-specific monoclonal antibodies. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175733 pubmed publisher..These mAb reagents should be useful for further development of antibody-based alternative influenza B identity and potency assays. ..
- Yu Y, Liu Z, Liu X, Yang L, Geng X, Yang G, et al. Stress-Derived Corticotropin Releasing Factor Breaches Epithelial Endotoxin Tolerance. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65760 pubmed publisher..Psychological stress-derived CRF can breach the established endotoxin tolerance in the intestinal mucosa. ..
- Krapf M, Gallus J, Wiese M. 4-Anilino-2-pyridylquinazolines and -pyrimidines as Highly Potent and Nontoxic Inhibitors of Breast Cancer Resistance Protein (ABCG2). J Med Chem. 2017;60:4474-4495 pubmed publisher..Interaction of the compounds with ABCG2 was investigated by a colorimetric ATPase assay. Enzyme kinetic studies were carried out with Hoechst 33342 as fluorescent dye and substrate of ABCG2 to elucidate the compounds binding modes. ..
- Cheng H, Chou C, Liang W, Kuo C, Shieh P, Wang J, et al. Effects of puerarin on intracellular Ca2+ and cell viability of MDCK renal tubular cells. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2017;52:83-89 pubmed publisher..Puerarin also caused Ca2+-independent cell death. ..
- Bopage N, Kamal Bandara Gunaherath G, Jayawardena K, Wijeyaratne S, Abeysekera A, Somaratne S. Dual function of active constituents from bark of Ficus racemosa L in wound healing. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2018;18:29 pubmed publisher..This dual action of F. racemosa stem bark provides scientific support for its traditional use in wound healing. ..
- Glück S, Buttafuoco A, Meier A, Arnoldi F, Vogt B, Schraner E, et al. Rotavirus replication is correlated with S/G2 interphase arrest of the host cell cycle. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179607 pubmed publisher..We used a MA104-Fucci system to identify three RV proteins (NSP3, NSP5, and VP2) involved in cell cycle arrest in the S-phase. Our data indicate that there is a strong correlation between the cell cycle arrest and RV replication. ..
- Balasubramaniam S, Gopalakrishnapillai A, Petrelli N, Barwe S. Knockdown of sodium-calcium exchanger 1 induces epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in kidney epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:11388-11399 pubmed publisher..Taken together, knockdown of NCX1 in Madin-Darby canine kidney cells alters epithelial morphology and characteristics by destabilization of E-cadherin and induction of ?-catenin signaling. ..
- Reffay M, Parrini M, Cochet Escartin O, Ladoux B, Buguin A, Coscoy S, et al. Interplay of RhoA and mechanical forces in collective cell migration driven by leader cells. Nat Cell Biol. 2014;16:217-23 pubmed publisher..We propose that RhoA controls the development of these fingers through mechanical cues: the leader cell drags the structure and the peripheral pluricellular acto-myosin cable prevents the initiation of new leader cells...
- Ruiz Rodríguez M, Vedani A, Flores Mireles A, Cháirez Ramírez M, Gallegos Infante J, González Laredo R. In Silico Prediction of the Toxic Potential of Lupeol. Chem Res Toxicol. 2017;30:1562-1571 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that there is a moderate toxic potential for lupeol and some of its analogues, by targeting and binding to nuclear receptors involved in fertility, which could trigger undesired adverse effects. ..
- Bays J, Campbell H, Heidema C, Sebbagh M, DeMali K. Linking E-cadherin mechanotransduction to cell metabolism through force-mediated activation ofÂ AMPK. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:724-731 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings reveal a paradigm for how mechanotransduction and metabolism are linked and provide a framework for understanding how diseases involving contractile and metabolic disturbances arise. ..
- Gilbertson B, Ng W, Crawford S, McKimm Breschkin J, Brown L. Mouse Saliva Inhibits Transit of Influenza Virus to the Lower Respiratory Tract by Efficiently Blocking Influenza Virus Neuraminidase Activity. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..This knowledge sheds light on how the natural inhibitors of particular species combat infection. ..
- Enkhtaivan G, Kim D, Pandurangan M. Cytotoxic effect of TDZ on human cervical cancer cells. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;173:493-498 pubmed publisher..In silico assay confirmed that TDZ was able to bind with the active site of the capase-3 protein. Therefore, taking all these data together it is suggested that the TDZ may be a potential agent to act against cervical cancer cells. ..
- Mongelli Sabino B, Canuto L, Collares Buzato C. Acute and chronic exposure to high levels of glucose modulates tight junction-associated epithelial barrier function in a renal tubular cell line. Life Sci. 2017;188:149-157 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that high levels of glucose induce time-dependence changes in TJ structure in MDCK monolayers, suggesting a possible link between hyperglycemia-induced tubular epithelial barrier disruption and diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Pedersen G, Jensen H, Schelde A, Toft C, Pedersen H, Ulrichsen M, et al. The basolateral vesicle sorting machinery and basolateral proteins are recruited to the site of enteropathogenic E. coli microcolony growth at the apical membrane. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179122 pubmed publisher..This may aid EPEC attachment and subsequent microcolony growth. ..
- Nascimbeni A, Giordano F, Dupont N, Grasso D, Vaccaro M, Codogno P, et al. ER-plasma membrane contact sites contribute to autophagosome biogenesis by regulation of local PI3P synthesis. EMBO J. 2017;36:2018-2033 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the contribution of ER-plasma membrane tethers to autophagosome biogenesis regulation and support the importance of membrane contact sites in autophagy. ..
- Yi E, Oh J, Giao N, Oh S, Park S. Enhanced production of enveloped viruses in BST-2-deficient cell lines. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2017;114:2289-2297 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the elimination of BST-2 expression in virus-producing cell lines can enhance the production of viral vaccines. Biotechnol. Bioeng.2017;114: 2289-2297. © 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Tokuda S, Hirai T, Furuse M. Claudin-4 knockout by TALEN-mediated gene targeting in MDCK cells: Claudin-4 is dispensable for the permeability properties of tight junctions in wild-type MDCK cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182521 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest the need for further knockout analysis to reveal the permeability properties of individual claudins. ..
- Haque F, Kaku Y, Fujimura S, Ohmori T, Adelstein R, Nishinakamura R. Non-muscle myosin II deletion in the developing kidney causes ureter-bladder misconnection and apical extrusion of the nephric duct lineage epithelia. Dev Biol. 2017;427:121-130 pubmed publisher..Thus, myosin II is essential for maintaining the apicobasal integrity of the developing kidney epithelia independently of Ret signaling. ..
- Suptawiwat O, Ruangrung K, Boonarkart C, Puthavathana P, Maneechotesuwan K, Charngkaew K, et al. Microparticle and anti-influenza activity in human respiratory secretion. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183717 pubmed publisher..This innate mechanism may play an important role in the defense against respiratory viruses. ..
- Chlanda P, Mekhedov E, Waters H, Sodt A, Schwartz C, Nair V, et al. Palmitoylation Contributes to Membrane Curvature in Influenza A Virus Assembly and Hemagglutinin-Mediated Membrane Fusion. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our data on VLP and, by hypothesis, virus suggests that HA acylation, while not critical to fusion pore formation, contributes to pore expansion in a target-dependent fashion. ..
- Han M, Van Der Krogt G, de Rooij J. Zygotic vinculin is not essential for embryonic development in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182278 pubmed publisher..These results lead to the conclusion that vinculin is not of broad importance for the development and morphogenesis of zebrafish tissues. ..
- Courtin N, Fotso A, Fautrad P, Mas F, Alessi M, Riteau B. Antiviral activity of formyl peptide receptor 2 antagonists against influenza viruses. Antiviral Res. 2017;143:252-261 pubmed publisher..Thus, FPR2 antagonists might be explored for novel treatments against influenza. ..
- McGowan D, Herschke F, Pauwels F, Stoops B, Smyej I, Last S, et al. Identification and Optimization of Pyrrolo[3,2-d]pyrimidine Toll-like Receptor 7 (TLR7) Selective Agonists for the Treatment of Hepatitis B. J Med Chem. 2017;60:6137-6151 pubmed publisher..We aimed for a high first pass effect, limiting cytokine induction systemically, and demonstrated the potential for the immunotherapy of viral hepatitis. ..
- Qi X, Wagenaar E, Xu W, Huang K, Schinkel A. Ochratoxin A transport by the human breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP), multidrug resistance protein 2 (MRP2), and organic anion-transporting polypeptides 1A2, 1B1 and 2B1. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;329:18-25 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, human OATP1A2, OATP1B1, and OATP2B1 can mediate cellular uptake of OTA, which could aggravate OTA toxicity. ..
- Santos M, Pinhanelli V, Garcia M, Silva G, Baek S, Franca S, et al. Antiproliferative and pro-apoptotic activities of 2'- and 4'-aminochalcones against tumor canine cells. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;138:884-889 pubmed publisher..Aminochalcone 11 inhibited transcription of the TOPOII? and TP53 genes and aminochalcone 4 down-regulated Sp1 protein expression in a concentration-dependent manner. ..
- Zihni C, Vlassaks E, Terry S, Carlton J, Leung T, Olson M, et al. An apical MRCK-driven morphogenetic pathway controls epithelial polarity. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:1049-1060 pubmed publisher..Our results identify an apical origin of actomyosin-driven morphogenesis that couples cytoskeletal reorganization to PAR polarity signalling. ..
- Benton D, Wharton S, Martin S, McCauley J. Role of Neuraminidase in Influenza A(H7N9) Virus Receptor Binding. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..This could have implications for understanding human-to-human transmission of these viruses. ..
- Teodori E, Dei S, Bartolucci G, Perrone M, Manetti D, Romanelli M, et al. Structure-Activity Relationship Studies on 6,7-Dimethoxy-2-phenethyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroisoquinoline Derivatives as Multidrug Resistance Reversers. ChemMedChem. 2017;12:1369-1379 pubmed publisher..We identified two P-gp substrates, a P-gp inhibitor, and three ester derivatives that were active on BCRP, which opens a new scenario in the development of ligands active toward this pump. ..
- Li S, Pasquin S, Eid H, Gauchat J, Saleem A, Haddad P. Anti-apoptotic potential of several antidiabetic medicinal plants of the eastern James Bay Cree pharmacopeia in cultured kidney cells. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2018;18:37 pubmed publisher..We conclude that several Cree antidiabetic plants exert anti-apoptotic activity that may be relevant in the context of diabetic nephropathy (DN) that affects a significant proportion of Cree diabetics. ..
- Shi Y, Shi Z, Li S, Zhang Y, He B, Peng D, et al. The interactions of single-wall carbon nanohorns with polar epithelium. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:4177-4194 pubmed publisher..Overall, this comprehensive investigation demonstrated that SWCNHs can serve as a promising nanovector that can cross the barrier of polar epithelial cells and deliver drugs effectively. ..
- Wang C, Liu H, Luo J, Chen L, Li M, Su W, et al. HA Triggers the Switch from MEK1 SUMOylation to Phosphorylation of the ERK Pathway in Influenza A Virus-Infected Cells and Facilitates Its Infection. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017;7:27 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we report a possible mechanism in which HA may trigger the ERK pathway in influenza A virus-infected cells as the switch from MEK1 SUMOylation to phosphorylation, facilitating virus infection...
- Cabrera Licona A, Solano Gonzàlez E, Fonseca Liñán R, Bazán Tejeda M, Raúl Argüello García -, Bermúdez Cruz R, et al. Expression and secretion of the Giardia duodenalis variant surface protein 9B10A by transfected trophozoites causes damage to epithelial cell monolayers mediated by protease activity. Exp Parasitol. 2017;179:49-64 pubmed publisher..Thus this protein might be considered as a conditional virulence factor candidate. To our knowledge this is the first report on the proteolytic activity from a Giardia VSP opening new research lines on these proteins. ..
- Basu S, Barawkar D, Ramdas V, Patel M, Waman Y, Panmand A, et al. Design and synthesis of novel xanthine derivatives as potent and selective A2B adenosine receptor antagonists for the treatment of chronic inflammatory airway diseases. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;134:218-229 pubmed publisher..8 nM in cAMP assay and good aqueous solubility of 529 ?M at neutral pH. Compound 46 was further tested for in vivo efficacy and found to be efficacious in ovalbumin-induced allergic asthma model in mice. ..
- Feizi N, Mehrbod P, Romani B, Soleimanjahi H, Bamdad T, Feizi A, et al. Autophagy induction regulates influenza virus replication in a time-dependent manner. J Med Microbiol. 2017;66:536-541 pubmed publisher..Manipulation of autophagy during the IV life cycle can be targeted both for antiviral aims and for increasing viral yield for virus production. ..
- Gao L, Yang Z, Hiremath C, Zimmerman S, Long B, BRAKEMAN P, et al. Afadin orients cell division to position the tubule lumen in developing renal tubules. Development. 2017;144:3511-3520 pubmed publisher..Together, these results support a model whereby afadin determines lumen placement by directing apical-basal spindle orientation, resulting in a continuous lumen and normal tubule morphogenesis. ..
- Li C, Dong H, Wang P, Meng W, Chi X, Han S, et al. Cellular protein GLTSCR2: A valuable target for the development of broad-spectrum antivirals. Antiviral Res. 2017;142:1-11 pubmed publisher..GLTSCR2 should be seriously considered as a therapeutic target for developing broad spectrum antiviral agents to effectively control viral infection. ..
- Nogales A, ChauchÃ© C, DeDiego M, Topham D, Parrish C, Murcia P, et al. The K186E Amino Acid Substitution in the Canine Influenza Virus H3N8 NS1 Protein Restores Its Ability To Inhibit Host Gene Expression. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the ability to block host gene expression is not required for influenza virus replication in mammals but might be important in the long-term adaptation of avian-origin influenza viruses to mammals. ..
- Holthausen D, Lee S, Kumar V, Bouvier N, Krammer F, Ellebedy A, et al. An Amphibian Host Defense Peptide Is Virucidal for Human H1 Hemagglutinin-Bearing Influenza Viruses. Immunity. 2017;46:587-595 pubmed publisher..Urumin therefore has the potential to contribute to first-line anti-viral treatments during influenza outbreaks. ..
- Verma D, Bajpai V, Ye N, Maneshi M, Jetta D, Andreadis S, et al. Flow induced adherens junction remodeling driven by cytoskeletal forces. Exp Cell Res. 2017;359:327-336 pubmed publisher..These results delineate the shear stress transduction paths in cultured cells, which helps to understand pathology of a range of diseases that involve dysfunction of E-cadherin. ..
- Tian Z, Si L, Meng K, Zhou X, Zhang Y, Zhou D, et al. Inhibition of influenza virus infection by multivalent pentacyclic triterpene-functionalized per-O-methylated cyclodextrin conjugates. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;134:133-139 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated a strategy of using per-O-methylated ?-CD as a scaffold for designing multivalent compounds to disrupt influenza HA protein-host receptor protein interaction and thus block influenza virus entry into host cells. ..
- Li S, Jia X, Shen X, Wei Z, Jiang Z, Liao Y, et al. Structure-activity relationships of 3-O-?-chacotriosyl oleanic acid derivatives as entry inhibitors for highly pathogenic H5N1 influenza virus. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:4384-4396 pubmed publisher..Molecular simulation analysis confirmed that the compounds exert their inhibitory activity through binding tightly to hemagglutinin (HA2) protein near the fusion peptide and prevent virus entry. ..
- Krug S. Contribution of the tricellular tight junction to paracellular permeability in leaky and tight epithelia. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2017;1397:219-230 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, in leaky epithelia the bicellular TJ accounts for nearly the entire paracellular ion conductance, whereas in tight epithelia the low bicellular TJ conductance has large impact on the tTJ. ..