Genomes and Genes
human umbilical vein endothelial cells
Summary: Endothelial cells that line venous vessels of the UMBILICAL CORD.
Publications113 found, 100 shown here
- Morchikh M, Cribier A, Raffel R, Amraoui S, Cau J, Severac D, et al. HEXIM1 and NEAT1 Long Non-coding RNA Form a Multi-subunit Complex that Regulates DNA-Mediated Innate Immune Response. Mol Cell. 2017;67:387-399.e5 pubmed publisher..Our study establishes the HDP-RNP as a key nuclear regulator of DNA-mediated activation of innate immune response through the cGAS-STING pathway. ..
- Guo N, Zhang N, Yan L, Cao X, Lv F, Wang J, et al. Down-regulation of single-stranded DNA-binding protein 1 expression induced by HCMV infection promotes lipid accumulation in cells. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2017;50:e6389 pubmed publisherThe objective of this study was to observe the infection of human cytomegalovirus (HCMV) to human umbilical vein endothelial cells, and its effect on the expression of single-stranded DNA-binding protein (SSBP1) and on lipid metabolism in ..
- Bammert T, Hijmans J, Reiakvam W, Levy M, Brewster L, Goldthwaite Z, et al. High glucose derived endothelial microparticles increase active caspase-3 and reduce microRNA-Let-7a expression in endothelial cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:1026-1029 pubmed publisher..b>Human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) were cultured (3rd passage) and plated in 6-well plates at a density of 5...
- Zhou J, Yun E, Chen W, Ding Y, Wu K, Wang B, et al. Targeting 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 associated with drug-resistant renal cell carcinoma using new oridonin analogs. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2701 pubmed publisher..This offers a new rational therapeutic regimen of CYD-6-17 to drug-resistant RCC based on its novel mechanism of action. ..
- Li W, Hu M, Wang C, Lu H, Chen F, Xu J, et al. A viral microRNA downregulates metastasis suppressor CD82 and induces cell invasion and angiogenesis by activating the c-Met signaling. Oncogene. 2017;36:5407-5420 pubmed publisher..Our findings illustrate that KSHV miRNAs may be critical for the dissemination and angiogenesis of KSHV-induced malignant tumors. ..
- Mahfouz N, Tahtouh R, Alaaeddine N, El Hajj J, Sarkis R, Hachem R, et al. Gastrointestinal cancer cells treatment with bevacizumab activates a VEGF autoregulatory mechanism involving telomerase catalytic subunit hTERT via PI3K-AKT, HIF-1? and VEGF receptors. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179202 pubmed publisher..Moreover, bevacizumab treatment increased VEGFR1 and VEGFR2 expression in cancer cells and human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) through hTERT...
- Li Y, Zhang G, He J, Zhang D, Kong X, Yuan H, et al. Ufm1 inhibits LPS-induced endothelial cell inflammatory responses through the NF-?B signaling pathway. Int J Mol Med. 2017;39:1119-1126 pubmed publisher..the present study, we showed that Ufm1 was highly expressed in both the nucleus and cytoplasm of human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs)...
- Redgrave R, Tual Chalot S, Davison B, Singh E, Hall D, Amirrasouli M, et al. Cardiosphere-Derived Cells Require Endoglin for Paracrine-Mediated Angiogenesis. Stem Cell Reports. 2017;8:1287-1298 pubmed publisher..As BMP9 signaling is normally required to maintain endoglin expression, we propose that media containing BMP9 could be critical for therapeutic CDC preparation. ..
- Zhu Q, Mangukiya H, Mashausi D, Guo H, Negi H, Merugu S, et al. Anterior gradient 2 is induced in cutaneous wound and promotes wound healing through its adhesion domain. FEBS J. 2017;284:2856-2869 pubmed publisher..and Fibro. migration, thus demonstrating its potential utility as an alternative strategy of the therapeutics to accelerate the healing of acute or chronic skin wounds. ..
- Zhang Z, Yang C, Dai X, Ao Y, Li Y. Inhibitory effect of trans-caryophyllene (TC) on leukocyte-endothelial attachment. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;329:326-333 pubmed publisher..In this study, we reported that TC treatment in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) prevented attachment of monocytic leukemia cell line THP-1 cells to endothelial cells...
- Huizer K, Mustafa D, Spelt J, Kros J, Sacchetti A. Improving the characterization of endothelial progenitor cell subsets by an optimized FACS protocol. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184895 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the improvements in immunophenotyping and gating strategies resulted in accurate identification and comparison of better defined cell populations in a single procedure. ..
- Shen J, Frye M, Lee B, Reinardy J, McClung J, Ding K, et al. Targeting VE-PTP activates TIE2 and stabilizes the ocular vasculature. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:4564-76 pubmed publisher..These data support targeting VE-PTP to stabilize retinal and choroidal blood vessels and suggest that this strategy has potential for patients with a wide variety of retinal and choroidal vascular diseases. ..
- Wahedi H, Jeong M, Chae J, DO S, Yoon H, Kim S. Aloesin from Aloe vera accelerates skin wound healing by modulating MAPK/Rho and Smad signaling pathways in vitro and in vivo. Phytomedicine. 2017;28:19-26 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that aloesin has the therapeutic potential for treating cutaneous wounds. ..
- Orlando A, Cazzaniga E, Tringali M, Gullo F, Becchetti A, Minniti S, et al. Mesoporous silica nanoparticles trigger mitophagy in endothelial cells and perturb neuronal network activity in a size- and time-dependent manner. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;12:3547-3559 pubmed publisher..25 mg/mL. These important advances could help the rational design of NPs intended for biomedical uses, demonstrating that careful toxicity evaluation is necessary before using MSNPs in patients. ..
- Lai D, Lin K, Sheu W, Lee M, Chen C, Lee W, et al. TPL2 (Therapeutic Targeting Tumor Progression Locus-2)/ATF4 (Activating Transcription Factor-4)/SDF1? (Chemokine Stromal Cell-Derived Factor-?) Axis Suppresses Diabetic Retinopathy. Circ Res. 2017;121:e37-e52 pubmed publisher..Mechanistic studies in primary human umbilical vein endothelial cells and primary retinal microvascular endothelial cells from streptozotocin-diabetic rats, db/db mice, ..
- Zhou X, Liang L, Zhao Y, Zhang H. Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate Ameliorates Angiotensin II-Induced Oxidative Stress and Apoptosis in Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells through the Activation of Nrf2/Caspase-3 Signaling. J Vasc Res. 2017;54:299-308 pubmed publisher..All of our findings indicated that EGCG treatment provides a protective effect for Ang II-induced HUVEC apoptosis by decreasing oxidative stress and ameliorating mitochondrial injury. ..
- Kandhaya Pillai R, Miro Mur F, Alijotas Reig J, Tchkonia T, Kirkland J, Schwartz S. TNFα-senescence initiates a STAT-dependent positive feedback loop, leading to a sustained interferon signature, DNA damage, and cytokine secretion. Aging (Albany NY). 2017;9:2411-2435 pubmed publisher..Using human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) as a model, we show that TNFα induces permanent growth arrest and increases p21CIP1, ..
- Schroeder J, McCarthy D, Szestak T, Cook D, Taylor M, Craig A, et al. Brugia malayi microfilariae adhere to human vascular endothelial cells in a C3-dependent manner. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005592 pubmed publisher..These novel results show that microfilariae have the ability to bind to endothelial cells, which may explain their sequestration in the lungs, and this binding is increased in the presence of inflammatory mediators. ..
- Sukegawa M, Wang X, Nishioka C, Pan B, Xu K, Ohkawara H, et al. The BCR/ABL tyrosine kinase inhibitor, nilotinib, stimulates expression of IL-1Î² in vascular endothelium in association with downregulation of miR-3p. Leuk Res. 2017;58:83-90 pubmed publisher..The miR-3121-3p/IL-1Î² axis could be a potential target to prevent vascular events in CML patients with high risk of vascular events. ..
- Choy K, Lau Y, Murugan D, Mustafa M. Chronic treatment with paeonol improves endothelial function in mice through inhibition of endoplasmic reticulum stress-mediated oxidative stress. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178365 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the present results suggest that chronic treatment with paeonol preserved endothelial function and normalized blood pressure in mice induced by tunicamycin in vivo through the inhibition of ER stress-associated ROS. ..
- Castaing Berthou A, Malet N, Radojkovic C, Cabou C, Gayral S, Martinez L, et al. PI3K? Plays a Key Role in Apolipoprotein A-I-Induced Endothelial Cell Proliferation Through Activation of the Ecto-F1-ATPase/P2Y1 Receptors. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:579-593 pubmed publisher..In human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs), pharmacological and gene silencing approaches were used to study pathways involved ..
- Rosa Fernandes L, Maselli L, Maeda N, Palmisano G, Bydlowski S. Outside-in, inside-out: Proteomic analysis of endothelial stress mediated by 7-ketocholesterol. Chem Phys Lipids. 2017;207:231-238 pubmed publisher..Herewith, these data support the role of 7KC in atherosclerosis pathophysiology and thus reinforce the deleterious effect of endothelial cells stress in the arterial microenvironment. ..
- Skottman H, Muranen J, Lähdekorpi H, Pajula E, Makela K, Koivusalo L, et al. Contacting co-culture of human retinal microvascular endothelial cells alters barrier function of human embryonic stem cell derived retinal pigment epithelial cells. Exp Cell Res. 2017;359:101-111 pubmed publisher..In addition, co-culture revealed drastic cell line specific differences, most notably in growth factor secretion. This model has the potential to be used as an in vitro outer blood-retinal barrier model for drug permeability testing...
- Chehab T, Santos N, Holthenrich A, Koerdt S, Disse J, Schuberth C, et al. A novel Munc13-4/S100A10/annexin A2 complex promotes Weibel-Palade body exocytosis in endothelial cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2017;28:1688-1700 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that Munc13-4 supports acute WPB exocytosis by tethering WPBs to the plasma membrane via AnxA2-S100A10. ..
- Xiao Y, Deng T, Shang Z, Wang D. Adiponectin inhibits oxidization-induced differentiation of T helper cells through inhibiting costimulatory CD40 and CD80. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2017;50:e6227 pubmed publisher..Adiponectin suppressed Th1 and Th17 differentiation through adipoR1 receptor, contributed to the inhibition of CD80 and CD40, and inhibited differentiation of Th1 and Th17 by inhibiting antigen presenting action. ..
- Dang R, Liu F, Li Y. Circular RNA hsa_circ_0010729 regulates vascular endothelial cell proliferation and apoptosis by targeting the miR-186/HIF-1? axis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:104-110 pubmed publisher..the expression profiles and investigated the physiological role of circRNAs in hypoxia-induced human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs)...
- Liu Z, Li C, Chen J, Shen Y, Gao J, Shen W, et al. C1q/TNF-related protein 1 promotes endothelial barrier dysfunction under disturbed flow. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:580-586 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of CTRP1 may inhibit the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis at early stage. ..
- Rocha Penha L, Caldeira Dias M, Tanus Santos J, de Carvalho Cavalli R, Sandrim V. Myeloperoxidase in Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy and Its Relation With Nitric Oxide. Hypertension. 2017;69:1173-1180 pubmed publisher..We found higher levels of myeloperoxidase in supernatant from human umbilical vein endothelial cells cultures incubated with plasma from preeclampsia group compared with healthy pregnant women...
- Chen B, Meng L, Shen T, Gong H, Qi R, Zhao Y, et al. Thioredoxin attenuates oxidized low-density lipoprotein induced oxidative stress in human umbilical vein endothelial cells by reducing NADPH oxidase activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:1326-1333 pubmed publisher..In this study, we investigated the effects of Trx1 on NADPH oxidase in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs), whose ROS level is mainly produced by NADPH oxidase, especially Nox4 isoform...
- Ponomaryov T, Payne H, Fabritz L, Wagner D, Brill A. Mast Cells Granular Contents Are Crucial for Deep Vein Thrombosis in Mice. Circ Res. 2017;121:941-950 pubmed publisher..MC releasate elevated ICAM-1 (intercellular adhesion molecule-1) expression on HUVEC (human umbilical vein endothelial cells) in vitro...
- Huang L, Yen I, Tsai W, Ahmetaj Shala B, Chang T, Tsai C, et al. Rhodiola crenulata Attenuates High Glucose Induced Endothelial Dysfunction in Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells. Am J Chin Med. 2017;45:1201-1216 pubmed publisher..b>Human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) were pretreated with or without RCE and then exposed to 33[Formula: see text]mM HG medium...
- Zhang S, Wu Y, Xuan Z, Chen X, Zhang J, Ge D, et al. Screening differential miRNAs responsible for permeability increase in HUVECs infected with influenza A virus. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186477 pubmed publisher..Using human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) as cell models, the present study aims to explore the differential miRNAs in influenza ..
- Jeon D, Kim S, Kim H. Anti-inflammatory evaluation of the methanolic extract of Taraxacum officinale in LPS-stimulated human umbilical vein endothelial cells. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:508 pubmed publisher..We evaluated the anti-inflammatory activity of TO filtered methanol extracts in LPS-stimulated human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) by monocyte adhesion and western blot assays...
- Yang W, Zhao J, Wang Y, Xu H, Wu Z, Hu Y, et al. In vivo inhibitory activity of andrographolide derivative ADN-9 against liver cancer and its mechanisms involved in inhibition of tumor angiogenesis. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;327:1-12 pubmed publisher..The present research provides the first evidence that a 15-substituted AD derivative is more promising than the parent compound in therapeutic treatment of liver cancer. ..
- Hultgren E, Patrick M, Evans R, Stoos C, Egland K. SUSD2 promotes tumor-associated macrophage recruitment by increasing levels of MCP-1 in breast cancer. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177089 pubmed publisher..Because SUSD2 recruits macrophages into the TME and promotes M2 polarization, inhibiting the function of SUSD2 may be an effective therapy for breast cancer patients. ..
- Kansanen E, Kuosmanen S, Ruotsalainen A, Hynynen H, Levonen A. Nitro-Oleic Acid Regulates Endothelin Signaling in Human Endothelial Cells. Mol Pharmacol. 2017;92:481-490 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we propose that OA-NO2 and Nrf2 may alleviate the vasoconstrictive effects of ET-1 by removing it from the circulation. ..
- Liu X, Jiang Y, Wu J, Zhang W, Liang Y, Jia L, et al. NEDD8-activating enzyme inhibitor, MLN4924 (Pevonedistat) induces NOXA-dependent apoptosis through up-regulation of ATF-4. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;488:1-5 pubmed publisher..Neddylation inhibition using MLN4924 triggered the accumulation of pro-apoptotic protein NOXA in Human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs)...
- Wang Y, Chen Q, Zhao M, Walton K, Harrison C, Nie G. Multiple Soluble TGF-? Receptors in Addition to Soluble Endoglin Are Elevated in Preeclamptic Serum and They Synergistically Inhibit TGF-? Signaling. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017;102:3065-3074 pubmed publisher..Reducing soluble TGF?RIII, rather than endoglin, would be more effective in alleviating the inhibition of both TGF-?1 and TGF-?2 signaling in PE. ..
- Kim J, Lee Y, Kim Y, Cho E, Huh E, Bang O, et al. Aqueous extract of Phragmitis rhizoma ameliorates myelotoxicity of docetaxel in vitro and in vivo. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:393 pubmed publisher..of EPR itself was evaluated in normal human cell lines including IMR-90, foreskin fibroblast and human umbilical vein endothelial cells. The hepatotoxicity of EPR was predicted by multi-parametric assays involving cell viability, ..
- Yang J, Wang Y, Zeng Z, Qiao L, Zhuang L, Gao Q, et al. Smad4 deletion in blood vessel endothelial cells promotes ovarian cancer metastasis. Int J Oncol. 2017;50:1693-1700 pubmed publisher..Upon SMAD4 deletion, we detected high expression levels of FYN in vessel endothelial cells, suggesting the mechanism of the ovarian tumor cells cross the endothelial barrier and transform to an invasive phenotype. ..
- Nawale L, Dubey P, Chaudhari B, Sarkar D, Prabhune A. Anti-proliferative effect of novel primary cetyl alcohol derived sophorolipids against human cervical cancer cells HeLa. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174241 pubmed publisher..inhibited the survival of HeLa and HCT 116 cells without affecting the viability of normal human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVEC)...
- Chen K, Stafford A, Wu C, Yeh C, Kim P, Fredenburgh J, et al. Exosite 2-Directed Ligands Attenuate Protein C Activation by the Thrombin-Thrombomodulin Complex. Biochemistry. 2017;56:3119-3128 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that additional reactions mediated by exosite 1 are amenable to regulation by exosite 2 ligation, providing further evidence of inter-exosite allosteric regulation of thrombin activity...
- Biesemann A, Gorontzi A, Barr F, Gerke V. Rab35 protein regulates evoked exocytosis of endothelial Weibel-Palade bodies. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:11631-11640 pubmed publisher..Our data identify Rab35 as a novel regulator of WPB exocytosis, most likely acting through the downstream effectors ACAP2 and Arf6. ..
- Fang X, Hong Y, Dai L, Qian Y, Zhu C, Wu B, et al. CRH promotes human colon cancer cell proliferation via IL-6/JAK2/STAT3 signaling pathway and VEGF-induced tumor angiogenesis. Mol Carcinog. 2017;56:2434-2445 pubmed publisher..showed that CRH-treated colon cancer cell supernatant significantly promoted tube formation of human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs). And these effects could be reversed by the CRHR1 specific antagonist Antalarmin...
- Yang Y, Dong R, Hu D, Chen Z, Fu M, Wang D, et al. Liver Kinase B1/AMP-Activated Protein Kinase Pathway Activation Attenuated the Progression of Endotoxemia in the Diabetic Mice. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:761-779 pubmed publisher..Primary peritoneal macrophages and human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) monolayers were simultaneously stimulated by both high glucose and LPS and used as a ..
- Yang L, Tang L, Dai F, Meng G, Yin R, Xu X, et al. Raf-1/CK2 and RhoA/ROCK signaling promote TNF-?-mediated endothelial apoptosis via regulating vimentin cytoskeleton. Toxicology. 2017;389:74-84 pubmed publisher..Y-27632) greatly inhibited endothelial apoptosis and preserved cell viability in TNF-?-induced human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs)...
- Zhang N, Zhang Y, Zhao S, Sun Y. Septin4 as a novel binding partner of PARP1 contributes to oxidative stress induced human umbilical vein endothelial cells injure. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;496:621-627 pubmed publisher..In conclusions, our founding indicates that Septin4 is a novel essential factor involved in oxidative stress induced vascular endothelial cell injury by interacting with apoptosis-related protein PARP1. ..
- Zhu T, Yao Q, Hu X, Chen C, Yao H, Chao J. The Role of MCPIP1 in Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury-Induced HUVEC Migration and Apoptosis. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;37:577-91 pubmed..up-regulation of MCPIP1 is critical in the modulation of both cell migration and apoptosis in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs)...
- Chen P, Qin L, Baeyens N, Li G, Afolabi T, Budatha M, et al. Endothelial-to-mesenchymal transition drives atherosclerosis progression. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:4514-28 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate a link between loss of protective endothelial FGFR signaling, development of EndMT, and progression of atherosclerosis. ..
- Akenhead M, Fukuda S, Schmid Schonbein G, Shin H. Fluid shear-induced cathepsin B release in the control of Mac1-dependent neutrophil adhesion. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;102:117-126 pubmed publisher..These results have implications in the pathogenesis of chronic inflammation, microvascular dysfunction, and cardiovascular diseases involving sustained neutrophil activation in the blood and microcirculation. ..
- Lajoinie G, van Rooij T, Skachkov I, Blazejewski E, Veldhuis G, de Jong N, et al. Laser-Activated Polymeric Microcapsules for Ultrasound Imaging and Therapy: InÂ Vitro Feasibility. Biophys J. 2017;112:1894-1907 pubmed publisher..The controlled and localized cell destruction achieved by activation of both capsule formulations may provide an innovative approach for specifically inducing cell death inÂ vivo, e.g., for cancer therapy. ..
- Sugden W, Meissner R, Aegerter Wilmsen T, Tsaryk R, Leonard E, Bussmann J, et al. Endoglin controls blood vessel diameter through endothelial cell shape changes in response to haemodynamic cues. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:653-665 pubmed publisher..Together, our data suggest that cell shape changes in response to biophysical cues act as an underlying principle allowing for the ordered patterning of tubular organs. ..
- Leskova A, Pardue S, Glawe J, Kevil C, Shen X. Role of thiosulfate in hydrogen sulfide-dependent redox signaling in endothelial cells. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2017;313:H256-H264 pubmed publisher..effect of exogenous thiosulfate on hypoxia-induced H2S metabolite bioavailability in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs). Under hypoxic conditions, we observed a decrease of GSH and GSSG levels in HUVECs at 0...
- Kabra M, Zhang W, Rathi S, Mandal A, Senthil S, Pyatla G, et al. Angiopoietin receptor TEK interacts with CYP1B1 in primary congenital glaucoma. Hum Genet. 2017;136:941-949 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data suggest that interaction of TEK and CYP1B1 contributes to PCG pathogenesis and argue that TEK-CYP1B1 may perform overlapping as well as distinct functions in manifesting the disease etiology. ..
- HÃ¤nggi K, Vasilikos L, Valls A, Yerbes R, Knop J, Spilgies L, et al. RIPK1/RIPK3 promotes vascular permeability to allow tumor cell extravasation independent of its necroptotic function. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2588 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest an alternative function for RIPK1/RIPK3 in vascular permeability leading to decreased number of metastasis. ..
- Elfeky O, Longo S, Lai A, Rice G, Salomon C. Influence of maternal BMI on the exosomal profile during gestation and their role on maternal systemic inflammation. Placenta. 2017;50:60-69 pubmed publisher..This study established that maternal BMI is a factor that explains a significant component of the variation in the exosomes data. Exosomes may contribute to the maternal systemic inflammation during pregnancy. ..
- Colomb F, Wang W, Simpson D, Zafar M, Beynon R, Rhodes J, et al. Galectin-3 interacts with the cell-surface glycoprotein CD146 (MCAM, MUC18) and induces secretion of metastasis-promoting cytokines from vascular endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:8381-8389 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CD146/MCAM interactions with circulating galectin-3 may have an important influence on cancer progression and metastasis. ..
- Wu W, Hu Z, Wang F, Gu H, Jiang X, Xu J, et al. Mxi1-0 regulates the growth of human umbilical vein endothelial cells through extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 (ERK1/2) and interleukin-8 (IL-8)-dependent pathways. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178831 pubmed publisher..Here, we showed that Mxi1-0 suppression decreased the proliferation of human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) along with cell accumulation in the G2/M phase...
- Wang T, Jiao J, Zhang H, Zhou W, Li Z, Han S, et al. TGF-? induced PAR-1 expression promotes tumor progression and osteoclast differentiation in giant cell tumor of bone. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:1630-1642 pubmed publisher..Hence, PAR-1 represents a novel potential therapeutic target for GCT of bone. ..
- Chua J, Tran V, Kalita M, Quintero M, Antelope O, Muruganandam G, et al. A glycan-based approach to therapeutic angiogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182301 pubmed publisher..Through the remodeling of GAGs in the extracellular matrix of endothelial cells, the glycan approach, involving xylosides, offers great potential to effectively promote therapeutic angiogenesis. ..
- Chen J, Fu Y, Day D, Sun Y, Wang S, Liang X, et al. VEGF amplifies transcription through ETS1 acetylation to enable angiogenesis. Nat Commun. 2017;8:383 pubmed publisher..Chen et al. show that this process is essential in angiogenesis by demonstrating that the endothelial master transcription factor ETS1 promotes global RNAPII pause release, and that this process is governed by VEGF. ..
- Dutzmann J, Musmann R, Haertlé M, Daniel J, Sonnenschein K, Schafer A, et al. The novel mineralocorticoid receptor antagonist finerenone attenuates neointima formation after vascular injury. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184888 pubmed publisher..Thus, finerenone appears to provide favorable vascular effects through restoring vascular integrity and preventing adverse vascular remodeling. ..
- Pedersen T, Blois A, Xue Y, Xing Z, Sun Y, Finne Wistrand A, et al. Mesenchymal stem cells induce endothelial cell quiescence and promote capillary formation. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2014;5:23 pubmed publisher..Induction of a quiescent phenotype of ECs associated with vascular maturation can be achieved by co-seeding with MSCs. Hence, MSCs can be appropriate perivascular cells for tissue-engineered constructs. ..
- Zhang J, Niimi M, Yang D, Liang J, Xu J, Kimura T, et al. Deficiency of Cholesteryl Ester Transfer Protein Protects Against Atherosclerosis in Rabbits. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:1068-1075 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that genetic ablation of CETP activity protects against cholesterol diet-induced atherosclerosis in rabbits. ..
- Chrifi I, Louzao Martinez L, Brandt M, van Dijk C, Burgisser P, Zhu C, et al. CMTM3 (CKLF-Like Marvel Transmembrane Domain 3) Mediates Angiogenesis by Regulating Cell Surface Availability of VE-Cadherin in Endothelial Adherens Junctions. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:1098-1114 pubmed publisher..Using a 3-dimensional coculture of human umbilical vein endothelial cells-GFP (green fluorescent protein) and pericytes-RFP (red fluorescent protein), we demonstrated that ..
- Zhu C, Chrifi I, Mustafa D, van der Weiden M, Leenen P, Duncker D, et al. CECR1-mediated cross talk between macrophages and vascular mural cells promotes neovascularization in malignant glioma. Oncogene. 2017;36:5356-5368 pubmed publisher..In a three-dimensional co-culture system consisting of human pericytes, human umbilical vein endothelial cells and THP1-derived macrophages, CECR1 knockdown by siRNA and CECR1 stimulation of macrophages ..
- Shah F, Stepan A, O Mahony A, Velichko S, Folias A, Houle C, et al. Mechanisms of Skin Toxicity Associated with Metabotropic Glutamate Receptor 5 Negative Allosteric Modulators. Cell Chem Biol. 2017;24:858-869.e5 pubmed publisher..The studies reported here demonstrate how phenotypic profiling of preclinical drug candidates using human primary cells can provide insights into the mechanisms of toxicity and inform early drug discovery and development campaigns. ..
- Zhu Q, Li D, He Y, Wu Z, Tian L, Zheng C, et al. Advanced Glycation End-Products Downregulate HoxA9EC through Activation of Nuclear Factor Kappa B by Reciprocal Interaction. J Vasc Res. 2017;54:226-234 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, AGEs could induce endothelial dysfunction through NF-?B-dependent HoxA9EC downregulation by reciprocal interaction, and the enhancement of HoxA9EC expression could attenuate the impairment. ..
- Lee S, Park J, Lee D, Seok S, Kwon Y, Jang T, et al. Chemical constituents from the rare mushroom Calvatia nipponica inhibit the promotion of angiogenesis in HUVECs. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:4122-4127 pubmed publisher..All compounds (1-7) were tested for inhibition of angiogenesis using human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs). Compounds 2, 4 and 5 significantly inhibited the promotion of angiogenesis in HUVECs...
- Huang Y, Li L, Gao S, Chu Y, Niu J, Geng F, et al. Evidence based anti-osteoporosis effects of Periplaneta americana L on osteoblasts, osteoclasts, vascular endothelial cells and bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:413 pubmed publisher..The KFX was definitely shown a promising bone turnover agent with great potential for anti-osteoporosis treatment. ..
- Navone S, Pascucci L, Dossena M, Ferri A, Invernici G, Acerbi F, et al. Decellularized silk fibroin scaffold primed with adipose mesenchymal stromal cells improves wound healing in diabetic mice. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2014;5:7 pubmed publisher..in vitro angiogenic properties of Ad-MSCs-SF and D-Ad-MSCs-SF patches by affecting migration of human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs), keratinocytes (KCs) and dermal fibroblasts (DFs), through the aortic ring assay and, ..
- Jiang L, Yin M, Xu J, Jia M, Sun S, Wang X, et al. The Transcription Factor Bach1 Suppresses the Developmental Angiogenesis of Zebrafish. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2017;2017:2143875 pubmed publisher..experiments confirmed that Bach1 occupied the TCF/LEF-binding site of the VEGF promoter in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs)...
- Hsu K, Zhao X, Cheng X, Guan D, Mahabeleshwar G, Liu Y, et al. Dual regulation of Stat1 and Stat3 by the tumor suppressor protein PML contributes to interferon ?-mediated inhibition of angiogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:10048-10060 pubmed publisher..The interplay between PML, Stat1/Stat2, and Stat3 contributes to IFN?-mediated inhibition of angiogenesis, and disruption of this network results in aberrant IFN? signaling and altered angiostatic activity. ..
- Wang R, Wang W, Ao L, Wang Z, Hao X, Zhang H. Benzo[a]pyrene-7,8-diol-9,10-epoxide suppresses the migration and invasion of human extravillous trophoblast HTR-8/SVneo cells by down-regulating MMP2 through inhibition of FAK/SRC/PI3K/AKT pathway. Toxicology. 2017;386:72-83 pubmed publisher..This study reveals the mechanism of Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons-inhibited migration and invasion of trophoblast, and enhanced our experimental understanding of the adverse effects of PAHs on embryo implantation in early pregnancy. ..
- Genova T, Grolez G, Camillo C, Bernardini M, Bokhobza A, Richard E, et al. TRPM8 inhibits endothelial cell migration via a non-channel function by trapping the small GTPase Rap1. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:2107-2130 pubmed publisher..Our results bring to light a novel, pore-independent molecular mechanism by which endogenous TRPM8 expression inhibits Rap1 GTPase and thus plays a critical role in the behavior of vascular endothelial cells by inhibiting migration. ..
- Shi B, Andrukhov O, Ozdemir B, Shokoohi Tabrizi H, Dard M, Rausch fan X. Effect of enamel matrix derivative on the angiogenic behaviors of human umbilical vein endothelial cells on different titanium surfaces. Dent Mater J. 2017;36:381-386 pubmed publisher..EMD inhibited the proliferation/viability of human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) growing on A and SLA Ti surfaces...
- Jakic B, Buszko M, Cappellano G, Wick G. Elevated sodium leads to the increased expression of HSP60 and induces apoptosis in HUVECs. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179383 pubmed publisher..show that increasing levels of sodium chloride can also induce an increase in intracellular and surface expression of HSP60 protein in human umbilical vein endothelial cells. In addition, we found that elevated sodium induces apoptosis.
- González Bacerio J, Maluf S, Méndez Y, Pascual I, Florent I, Melo P, et al. KBE009: An antimalarial bestatin-like inhibitor of the Plasmodium falciparum M1 aminopeptidase discovered in an Ugi multicomponent reaction-derived peptidomimetic library. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:4628-4636 pubmed publisher..These results support the value of this multicomponent strategy to identify PfA-M1 inhibitors, and make KBE009 a promising hit for drug development against malaria. ..
- Lan J, Li H, Luo X, Hu J, Wang G. BRG1 promotes VEGF-A expression and angiogenesis in human colorectal cancer cells. Exp Cell Res. 2017;360:236-242 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study demonstrated that BRG1 can promote VEGF-A expression and angiogenesis in colorectal cancer and BRG1 may be a novel drug target for the treatment of colorectal cancer. ..
- Gao Q, Yao X, Zheng J. MiR-323 Inhibits Prostate Cancer Vascularization Through Adiponectin Receptor. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;36:1491-8 pubmed..examined the effects on the expression of AdipoR1 and VEGF-A, as well as on vessel formation in a human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) transwell collagen gel assay...
- Huang X, Wang Y, Zhang Z, Wang Y, Chen X, Wang Y, et al. Ophiopogonin D and EETs ameliorate Ang II-induced inflammatory responses via activating PPAR? in HUVECs. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:123-133 pubmed publisher..whether CYP2J2/EETs-PPAR? pathway involved in endothelium protective effects of OP-D in human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs)...
- Zhang F, Xuan Y, Cui J, Liu X, Shao Z, Yu B. Nicorandil modulated macrophages activation and polarization via NF-?b signaling pathway. Mol Immunol. 2017;88:69-78 pubmed publisher..We concluded that nicorandil may serve as an effective modulator of NF-?b signaling pathway during the pathogenesis of MI via regulating M1/M2 status and promoting angiogenesis. ..
- Zhong Z, Huang M, Lv M, He Y, Duan C, Zhang L, et al. Circular RNA MYLK as a competing endogenous RNA promotes bladder cancer progression through modulating VEGFA/VEGFR2 signaling pathway. Cancer Lett. 2017;403:305-317 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that circRNA-MYLK would be a promising target for BC diagnosis and therapy. ..
- Kong F, Zhang R, Ma Q, Xie Q, Wang P, Chen P, et al. Chrodrimanins O-S from the fungus Penicillium sp. SCS-KFD09 isolated from a marine worm, Sipunculusnudus. Fitoterapia. 2017;122:1-6 pubmed publisher..6, 62.5, 63.1, and 39.6?M, respectively, and showed no apparent activity against three tumor cell lines (A549, HepG2, and Hela) and human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVEC) at 10?M.