Genomes and Genes
alveolar epithelial cells
Summary: Epithelial cells that line the PULMONARY ALVEOLI.
- Kim S, Cheresh P, Eren M, Jablonski R, Yeldandi A, Ridge K, et al. Klotho, an antiaging molecule, attenuates oxidant-induced alveolar epithelial cell mtDNA damage and apoptosis. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2017;313:L16-L26 pubmed publisher..We reason that strategies aimed at augmenting AEC Klotho levels may be an innovative approach for mitigating age-related lung diseases. ..
- Lee K, Nam M, Lee H, Hong C, Lee K. Protective effects of chebulic acid on alveolar epithelial damage induced by urban particulate matter. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:373 pubmed publisher..These data showed that CA resulted in decreased UPM-induced ROS formation, and the protected the integrity of the tight junctions against UPM exposure to PAE barrier. ..
- Pan J, Li D, Xu Y, Zhang J, Wang Y, Chen M, et al. Inhibition of Bcl-2/xl With ABT-263 Selectively Kills Senescent Type II Pneumocytes and Reverses Persistent Pulmonary Fibrosis Induced by Ionizing Radiation in Mice. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;99:353-361 pubmed publisher..Therefore, ABT-263 has the potential to be developed as a new treatment for PF. ..
- Suliman H, Kraft B, Bartz R, Chen L, Welty Wolf K, Piantadosi C. Mitochondrial quality control in alveolar epithelial cells damaged by S. aureus pneumonia in mice. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2017;313:L699-L709 pubmed publisher..These findings imply that mitochondrial QC activation in pneumonia-damaged AT2 cells promotes cell survival in support of alveolar function. ..
- Nishida C, Yatera K, Kido T, Noguchi S, Akata K, Hanaka M, et al. Two Cases of Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Suggestive of Complicating Multifocal Micronodular Pneumocyte Hyperplasia: A Case Report. J UOEH. 2017;39:133-141 pubmed publisher..Neither patient is under treatment for pulmonary lesions. Although MMPH is a rare disease, multiple nodules and ground-glass attenuations on lung imaging findings should be considered as pulmonary manifestations in patients with TSC. ..
- Fujino N, Kubo H, Maciewicz R. Phenotypic screening identifies Axl kinase as a negative regulator of an alveolar epithelial cell phenotype. Lab Invest. 2017;97:1047-1062 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the Axl kinase signaling pathway is associated with the loss integrity of alveolar epithelium in pathological remodeling of human lung diseases. ..
- Rentzsch I, Santos C, Huhle R, Ferreira J, Koch T, Schnabel C, et al. Variable stretch reduces the pro-inflammatory response of alveolar epithelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182369 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that variable stretch of LPS-stimulated alveolar epithelial cells (AECs) reduces the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines compared to non-variable stretch...
- Rao S, Sigl V, Wimmer R, Novatchkova M, Jais A, Wagner G, et al. RANK rewires energy homeostasis in lung cancer cells and drives primary lung cancer. Genes Dev. 2017;31:2099-2112 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of RANK using the approved drug denosumab may be a therapeutic drug candidate for primary lung cancer. ..
- Turkez H, Arslan M, Sönmez E, Tatar A, Açikyildiz M, Geyikoglu F. Toxicogenomic responses of human alveolar epithelial cells to tungsten boride nanoparticles. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;273:257-265 pubmed publisher..work, we examined toxic effects of Tungsten Borides NPs on gene expression profiling of the human lung alveolar epithelial cells (HPAEpiC)...
- Wu J, Wang Y, Liu G, Jia Y, Yang J, Shi J, et al. Characterization of air-liquid interface culture of A549 alveolar epithelial cells. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2017;51:e6950 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the ALI culture of A549 cells can partially mimic the property of alveolar epithelia, which may be a feasible and alternative model for investigating roles and mechanisms of alveolar epithelia in vitro. ..
- Reza Etemadi M, Ling K, Zainal Abidin S, Chee H, Sekawi Z. Gene expression patterns induced at different stages of rhinovirus infection in human alveolar epithelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176947 pubmed publisher..HRV-B infects alveolar epithelial cells which supports implication of the virus with LRTIs...
- Milos S, Khazaee R, McCaig L, Nygard K, Gardiner R, Zuo Y, et al. Impact of ventilation-induced lung injury on the structure and function of lamellar bodies. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2017;313:L524-L533 pubmed publisher..It is speculated that increased secretion causes a depletion of lamellar bodies that cannot be compensated by de novo synthesis of surfactant in these injured lungs. ..
- Stoccoro A, Di Bucchianico S, Coppede F, Ponti J, Uboldi C, Blosi M, et al. Multiple endpoints to evaluate pristine and remediated titanium dioxide nanoparticles genotoxicity in lung epithelial A549 cells. Toxicol Lett. 2017;276:48-61 pubmed publisher..In particular, the presence of citrate was able to increase their cytotoxicity and genotoxicity, exerting also epigenotoxic effects, as evaluated by the marked reduction of LINE-1 methylation levels. ..
- Mortaz E, Alipoor S, Movassaghi M, Varahram M, Ghorbani J, Folkerts G, et al. Water-pipe smoke condensate increases the internalization of Mycobacterium Bovis of type II alveolar epithelial cells (A549). BMC Pulm Med. 2017;17:68 pubmed publisher..For example, uncontrolled macropinocytosis in alveolar epithelial cells following exposure to water-pipe smoke may predispose subjects to pulmonary infection...
- Puthusseri B, Marudamuthu A, Tiwari N, Fu J, Idell S, Shetty S. Regulation of p53-mediated changes in the uPA-fibrinolytic system and in lung injury by loss of surfactant protein C expression in alveolar epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2017;312:L783-L796 pubmed publisherPulmonary surfactant protein C (SP-C) expression by type II alveolar epithelial cells (AECs) is markedly reduced in diverse types of lung injuries and is often associated with AEC apoptosis...
- Singh S, Chand H, Langley R, Mishra N, Barrett T, Rudolph K, et al. Gestational Exposure to Sidestream (Secondhand) Cigarette Smoke Promotes Transgenerational Epigenetic Transmission of Exacerbated Allergic Asthma and Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia. J Immunol. 2017;198:3815-3822 pubmed publisher..Thus the intergenerational effects of gestational SS involve epigenetic regulation of HIF-1? through specific miRs contributing to increased incidence of AA and BPD in the progenies. ..
- Tang X, Ostedgaard L, Hoegger M, Moninger T, Karp P, McMenimen J, et al. Acidic pH increases airway surface liquid viscosity in cystic fibrosis. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:879-91 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that increasing pH, reducing Ca2+ concentration, and/or altering electrostatic interactions in ASL might benefit early CF. ..
- Shan M, You R, Yuan X, Frazier M, Porter P, Seryshev A, et al. Agonistic induction of PPAR? reverses cigarette smoke-induced emphysema. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:1371-81 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a proinflammatory pathway, in which reduced PPAR? activity promotes emphysema, and suggest that targeting this pathway in smokers could prevent and reverse emphysema. ..
- Nouailles G, Dorhoi A, Koch M, Zerrahn J, Weiner J, Fae K, et al. CXCL5-secreting pulmonary epithelial cells drive destructive neutrophilic inflammation in tuberculosis. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:1268-82 pubmed publisher..tuberculosis infection, and secretion of CXCL5 was reduced by blocking TLR2 signaling. Together, our data indicate that TLR2-induced epithelial-derived CXCL5 is critical for PMN-driven destructive inflammation in pulmonary tuberculosis. ..
- Oki H, Yazawa T, Baba Y, Kanegae Y, Sato H, Sakamoto S, et al. Adenovirus vector expressing keratinocyte growth factor using CAG promoter impairs pulmonary function of mice with elastase-induced emphysema. Microbiol Immunol. 2017;61:264-271 pubmed publisher..Possible involvement of the CAG promoter used for KGF expression in impairing pulmonary function is discussed. ..
- Hiraku Y, Nishikawa Y, Ma N, Afroz T, Mizobuchi K, Ishiyama R, et al. Nitrative DNA damage induced by carbon-black nanoparticles in macrophages and lung epithelial cells. Mutat Res. 2017;818:7-16 pubmed publisher..CB induces nitrative DNA damage in cultured cells, and clathrin-mediated endocytosis is involved, at least in part. ..
- Chen Q, Suresh Kumar V, Finn J, Jiang D, Liang J, Zhao Y, et al. CD44high alveolar type II cells show stem cell properties during steady-state alveolar homeostasis. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2017;313:L41-L51 pubmed publisher..Thus CD44high type II cells likely represent a type II cell subpopulation important for constitutive regulation of alveolar homeostasis. ..
- Li Y, Shi X, Yang L, Mou Y, Li Y, Dang R, et al. Hypoxia promotes the skewed differentiation of umbilical cord mesenchymal stem cells toward type II alveolar epithelial cells by regulating microRNA-145. Gene. 2017;630:68-75 pubmed publisher..Clarifying the function of hypoxia in the fate determination of MSCs is important for improving stem cell-based therapies for ALI. ..
- Cao X, Shi C, Lu W, Zhao H, Wang M, Tong W, et al. Synthesis of Au Nanostars and Their Application as Surface Enhanced Raman Scattering-Activity Tags Inside Living Cells. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2015;15:4829-36 pubmed..The AuNSs exhibiting strong surface enhanced Raman effects are utilized in the design of an efficient, stable SERS-activity tag for intracellular applications. ..