Genomes and Genes
Summary: Cell line derived from SF21 CELLS which are a cell line isolated from primary explants of SPODOPTERA FRUGIPERDA pupal tissue.
- Vujicic Zagar A, Scapozza L, Vadas O. Design and purification of active truncated phosphoinositide 3-kinase gamma protein constructs for structural studies. Protein Expr Purif. 2017;135:1-7 pubmed publisher..The soluble constructs retain both basal activity and sensitivity to GPCR stimulation, and are thus an optimal tool to further explore their regulation using a structure-based approach. ..
- Penaud Budloo M, Lecomte E, Guy DuchÃ© A, Saleun S, Roulet A, Lopez Roques C, et al. Accurate Identification and Quantification of DNA Species by Next-Generation Sequencing in Adeno-Associated Viral Vectors Produced in Insect Cells. Hum Gene Ther Methods. 2017;28:148-162 pubmed publisher..The high-throughput sequencing protocol described here enables effective DNA quality control of rAAV vectors produced in insect cells, and is adapted to conform with regulatory agency safety requirements. ..
- Crevenna A, Arciniega M, Dupont A, Mizuno N, Kowalska K, Lange O, et al. Side-binding proteins modulate actin filament dynamics. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Tuning elongation kinetics by exploiting the malleability of the filament structure may be a ubiquitous mechanism to generate a rich variety of cellular actin dynamics. ..
- Claeys Bouuaert C, Keeney S. Distinct DNA-binding surfaces in the ATPase and linker domains of MutL? determine its substrate specificities and exert separable functions in meiotic recombination and mismatch repair. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006722 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results offer insights into the structure-function relationships of the MutL? complex and reveal unanticipated genetic relationships between components of the meiotic recombination machinery. ..
- Date S, Fiori M, Altenberg G, Jansen M. Expression in Sf9 insect cells, purification and functional reconstitution of the human proton-coupled folate transporter (PCFT, SLC46A1). PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177572 pubmed publisher..We thus succeeded in overcoming heterologous expression as a major bottleneck of PCFT research. The availability of an overexpression system for human PCFT provides the basis for future biochemical, biophysical and structural studies. ..
- Nika L, Wallner J, Palmberger D, Koczka K, Vorauer Uhl K, Grabherr R. Expression of full-length HER2 protein in Sf9 insect cells and its presentation on the surface of budded virus-like particles. Protein Expr Purif. 2017;136:27-38 pubmed publisher..Thus, we suggest that Sf9 insect cells are highly feasible for the fast and easy production of various budded VLPs that serve as a platform for full-length membrane receptor presentation. ..
- Alexander N, Katayama K, Sun W, Salom D, Gulati S, Zhang J, et al. Complex binding pathways determine the regeneration of mammalian green cone opsin with a locked retinal analogue. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:10983-10997 pubmed publisher..These results and our structural modeling indicate that a more complex binding pathway determines the regeneration of mammalian green cone opsin with chromophore analogues such as 11-cis-6mr-retinal. ..
- Guo Y, Yue Q, Gao J, Wang Z, Chen Y, Blissard G, et al. Roles of Cellular NSF Protein in Entry and Nuclear Egress of Budded Virions of Autographa californica Multiple Nucleopolyhedrovirus. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Our findings are the first to demonstrate that the SNARE system is required for efficient entry of BV and nuclear egress of progeny nucleocapsids of baculoviruses. ..
- Liu W, Wang H, Yu F, Lu L. Grass carp reovirus outer capsid proteins VP5 and VP7 interact in vitro. Arch Virol. 2017;162:2375-2380 pubmed publisher..Finally, a yeast-two-hybrid approach confirmed interactions between full-length and truncated forms of VP5 and VP7. In conclusion, our results indicate that VP5 and VP7 interact directly in vitro. ..
- Saadipour K, MacLean M, Pirkle S, Ali S, Lopez Redondo M, Stokes D, et al. The transmembrane domain of the p75 neurotrophin receptor stimulates phosphorylation of the TrkB tyrosine kinase receptor. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:16594-16604 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results suggest that TrkB activation by p75(??) peptide may be enhanced in situations where the levels of the p75 receptor are increased, such as during brain injury, Alzheimer's disease, and epilepsy. ..
- Zhao D, Sun B, Sun S, Fu B, Liu C, Liu D, et al. Characterization of human enterovirus71 virus-like particles used for vaccine antigens. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181182 pubmed publisher..The EV71 VLPs produced from the baculovirus expression system and purified by a multistep chromatography process displayed key structural and immunological features, which would contribute to their efficacy as a HFMD vaccine. ..
- Gerodimos C, Chang H, Watanabe G, Lieber M. Effects of DNA end configuration on XRCC4-DNA ligase IV and its stimulation of Artemis activity. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13914-13924 pubmed publisher..These data suggest specific functional and positional relationships among these components that explain genetic and molecular features of NHEJ and V(D)J recombination within cells. ..
- Manning B, Yusufzai T. The ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling enzymes CHD6, CHD7, and CHD8 exhibit distinct nucleosome binding and remodeling activities. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:11927-11936 pubmed publisher..Overall, our work provides a mechanistic basis for both the non-redundant roles and the diverse mutant disease states of these enzymes in vivo. ..
- Twomey E, Yelshanskaya M, Grassucci R, Frank J, Sobolevsky A. Structural Bases of Desensitization in AMPA Receptor-Auxiliary Subunit Complexes. Neuron. 2017;94:569-580.e5 pubmed publisher..By comparing the AMPAR-GSG1L complex structures, we map conformational changes accompanying AMPAR recovery from desensitization and reveal structural bases for regulation of synaptic transmission by auxiliary subunits. ..
- Zhang K, Foster H, Rondelet A, Lacey S, Bahi Buisson N, Bird A, et al. Cryo-EM Reveals How Human Cytoplasmic Dynein Is Auto-inhibited and Activated. Cell. 2017;169:1303-1314.e18 pubmed publisher..Our model explains how dynactin binding to the dynein-1 tail directly stimulates its motor activity. ..
- Guo Y, Fu S, Li L. Autographa californica multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus ac75 is required for egress of nucleocapsids from the nucleus and formation of de novo intranuclear membrane microvesicles. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185630 pubmed publisher..b>Sf9 cells transfected by an ac75-knockout bacmid resulted in the infection being restricted to single cells...
- Li J, Ma Y, Yuan W, Xiao Y, Liu C, Wang J, et al. FOXA transcriptional factor modulates insect susceptibility to Bacillus thuringiensis Cry1Ac toxin by regulating the expression of toxin-receptor ABCC2 and ABCC3 genes. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;88:1-11 pubmed publisher..frugiperda Sf9 cells that are not sensitive to the toxin...
- Grosse S, Penaud Budloo M, Herrmann A, BÃ¶rner K, Fakhiri J, Laketa V, et al. Relevance of Assembly-Activating Protein for Adeno-associated Virus Vector Production and Capsid Protein Stability in Mammalian and Insect Cells. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Thereby, our study expands our current understanding of AAV/AAP biology, and it concomitantly provides insights into the importance of AAP for AAV vector production. ..
- Teplyakov A, Obmolova G, Malia T, Gilliland G. Crystal structure of CD27 in complex with a neutralizing noncompeting antibody. Acta Crystallogr F Struct Biol Commun. 2017;73:294-299 pubmed publisher..This mode of action suggests a potential dual use of mAb 2177 either as an antagonist or as an agonist. ..
- Franco Echevarría E, Sanz Aparicio J, Troffer Charlier N, Poterszman A, Gonzalez B. Crystallization and Preliminary X-Ray Diffraction Analysis of a Mammal Inositol 1,3,4,5,6-Pentakisphosphate 2-Kinase. Protein J. 2017;36:240-248 pubmed publisher..Gel filtration experiments are in agreement with this enzyme being a monomer. Crystallographic data analysis is currently undergoing. ..
- Mao Q, Liao Z, Li J, Liu Y, Wu W, Chen H, et al. Filamentous Structures Induced by a Phytoreovirus Mediate Viral Release from Salivary Glands in Its Insect Vector. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..This mechanism could be extensively exploited by other persistent viruses to overcome salivary gland release barriers in insect vectors, opening new perspectives for viral control. ..
- Toro T, Painter R, Haynes R, Glotser E, Bratton M, Bryant J, et al. Purification of metal-dependent lysine deacetylases with consistently high activity. Protein Expr Purif. 2018;141:1-6 pubmed publisher..The purified proteins are highly active and consistent across preparations. ..
- Liang C, Su X, Xu G, Dai X, Zhao S. Autographa californica multiple nucleopolyhedrovirus PK1 is a factor that regulates high-level expression of very late genes in viral infection. Virology. 2017;512:56-65 pubmed publisher..Based on the above data, we hypothesize that PK1 binds to very late promoter containing 5' UTR to regulate the hyperexpression of very late genes by its kinase activity. ..
- Shi A, Hu Z, Zuo Y, Wang Y, Wu W, Yuan M, et al. Autographa californica Multiple Nucleopolyhedrovirus ac75 Is Required for the Nuclear Egress of Nucleocapsids and Intranuclear Microvesicle Formation. J Virol. 2018;92: pubmed publisher..These data enhance our understanding of the commonalities between nuclear egress of nucleocapsids and intranuclear microvesicle formation and may help to reveal insights into the mechanism of baculovirus virion morphogenesis. ..
- Lee S, Devamani T, Song H, Sandhu M, Larsen A, Sommese R, et al. Distinct structural mechanisms determine substrate affinity and kinase activity of protein kinase C?. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:16300-16309 pubmed publisher..Moreover, this study establishes a modeling and experimental method to elucidate the structural dynamics underlying substrate selectivity among eukaryotic kinases. ..
- Horimizu R, Ogawa R, Watanabe Y, Tatsukawa H, Kinoshita M, Hashimoto H, et al. Biochemical characterization of a medaka (Oryzias latipes) orthologue for mammalian Factor XIII and establishment of a gene-edited mutant. FEBS J. 2017;284:2843-2855 pubmed publisher..The loss of FXIIIA expression was validated in the mutants, and phenotypes, such as absence of fibrin cross-linking, were investigated in the established mutant fish. ..
- Lee S, Lee D, Piao Y, Moon E, Quan F. Influenza M1 Virus-Like Particles Consisting of Toxoplasma gondii Rhoptry Protein 4. Korean J Parasitol. 2017;55:143-148 pubmed publisher..gondii ROP4 reacted with T. gondii-infected sera, indicating the possibility that M1 VLPs could be used as a coating antigen for diagnostic and/or vaccine candidate against T. gondii infection. ..
- Liao W, Aguila J, Yao Y, Yang J, ZIEVE G, Jiang Y, et al. Enhancing bone marrow regeneration by SALL4 protein. J Hematol Oncol. 2013;6:84 pubmed publisher..Our results may provide a useful strategy to enhance hematopoietic recovery and reconstitution in cord blood transplantation with a recombinant TAT-SALL4B fusion protein. ..