erythroid precursor cells
Summary: The cells in the erythroid series derived from MYELOID PROGENITOR CELLS or from the bi-potential MEGAKARYOCYTE-ERYTHROID PROGENITOR CELLS which eventually give rise to mature RED BLOOD CELLS. The erythroid progenitor cells develop in two phases: erythroid burst-forming units (BFU-E) followed by erythroid colony-forming units (CFU-E); BFU-E differentiate into CFU-E on stimulation by ERYTHROPOIETIN, and then further differentiate into ERYTHROBLASTS when stimulated by other factors.
- Wickrema A, Krantz S, Winkelmann J, Bondurant M. Differentiation and erythropoietin receptor gene expression in human erythroid progenitor cells. Blood. 1992;80:1940-9 pubmed..The human cell system described here is well suited for the study of a wide variety of biochemical events during late erythroid differentiation. ..
- Mohan K, Stevenson M. Dyserythropoiesis and severe anaemia associated with malaria correlate with deficient interleukin-12 production. Br J Haematol. 1998;103:942-9 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest that defective IL-12 production in A/J mice during the early course of infection may result in fatal anaemia. ..
- Jacobs Helber S, Wickrema A, Birrer M, Sawyer S. AP1 regulation of proliferation and initiation of apoptosis in erythropoietin-dependent erythroid cells. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:3699-707 pubmed
- Briddell R, Kern B, Zilm K, Stoney G, McNiece I. Purification of CD34+ cells is essential for optimal ex vivo expansion of umbilical cord blood cells. J Hematother. 1997;6:145-50 pubmed..These data demonstrate that CD34+ cell selection is necessary for optimal expansion of both GM-CFC and BFU-E cells. The cell numbers thus obtained postexpansion may be sufficient for transplantation in adults. ..
- Bondy C, Chin E, Smith B, Preston G, Agre P. Developmental gene expression and tissue distribution of the CHIP28 water-channel protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:4500-4 pubmed..The studies also suggest other possible functions during fetal development and predict that complex mechanisms will be needed for regulation of CHIP28 gene expression in diverse tissues at distinct points in development. ..
- Yap G, Stevenson M. Plasmodium chabaudi AS: erythropoietic responses during infection in resistant and susceptible mice. Exp Parasitol. 1992;75:340-52 pubmed
- Alamo I, Kannan K, Loftus T, Ramos H, Efron P, Mohr A. Severe trauma and chronic stress activates extramedullary erythropoiesis. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2017;83:144-150 pubmed publisher..Splenic EPOr expression was significantly decreased after LCHS/CS. Extramedullary erythropoiesis may play a key role in identifying new therapies to aid the recovery from acute anemia after severe trauma and chronic stress. ..
- Ganaie S, Zou W, Xu P, Deng X, Kleiboeker S, Qiu J. Phosphorylated STAT5 directly facilitates parvovirus B19 DNA replication in human erythroid progenitors through interaction with the MCM complex. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006370 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that pimozide could be a promising antiviral drug for treatment of B19V-related diseases. ..
- Dai Y, Chen T, Ijaz H, Cho E, Steinberg M. SIRT1 activates the expression of fetal hemoglobin genes. Am J Hematol. 2017;92:1177-1186 pubmed publisher..SIRT1 is a potential therapeutic target for ?-globin gene induction, and small molecule SIRT1 activators might serve as a lead compound for the development of new HbF inducers. ..