Genomes and Genes
bone marrow cells
Summary: Cells contained in the bone marrow including fat cells (see ADIPOCYTES); STROMAL CELLS; MEGAKARYOCYTES; and the immediate precursors of most blood cells.
Publications104 found, 100 shown here
- Fazeli P, Horowitz M, MacDougald O, Scheller E, Rodeheffer M, Rosen C, et al. Marrow fat and bone--new perspectives. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013;98:935-45 pubmed publisher..Marrow adipose tissue, a well-established component of the marrow environment, is metabolically distinct from peripheral fat depots, but its functional significance is unknown...
- Thao N, Dat L, Ngoc N, Tu V, Hanh T, Huong P, et al. Pyrrole and furan oligoglycosides from the starfish Asterina batheri and their inhibitory effect on the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated bone marrow-derived dendritic cells. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2013;23:1823-7 pubmed publisher..Compounds 2, 3, and 4 moderately inhibited IL-12 p40 production in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-stimulated bone marrow-derived dendritic cells (BMDCs) with IC50 values of 36.4, 31.6, and 22.8?M, respectively...
- Campagnaro B, Tonini C, Doche L, Nogueira B, Vasquez E, Meyrelles S. Renovascular hypertension leads to DNA damage and apoptosis in bone marrow cells. DNA Cell Biol. 2013;32:458-66 pubmed publisher..Our data show that the 2K1C renovascular hypertension is characterized by an increased production of ROS, DNA damage, and apoptosis of BM, which is a fundamental source of the cells involved in tissue repair. ..
- LeBleu V, Taduri G, O Connell J, Teng Y, Cooke V, Woda C, et al. Origin and function of myofibroblasts in kidney fibrosis. Nat Med. 2013;19:1047-53 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that targeting diverse pathways is required to substantially inhibit the composite accumulation of myofibroblasts in kidney fibrosis. ..
- Brennen W, Chen S, Denmeade S, Isaacs J. Quantification of Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs) at sites of human prostate cancer. Oncotarget. 2013;4:106-17 pubmed
- Moon S, Ahn I, Jung H, Yi H, Kim J, Kim Y, et al. Temporal differential effects of proinflammatory cytokines on osteoclastogenesis. Int J Mol Med. 2013;31:769-77 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data revealed that targeting IL-1? may be a promising strategy to inhibit inflammation-associated bone destruction and osteoporosis...
- Rithidech K, Udomtanakunchai C, Honikel L, Whorton E. Lack of genomic instability in bone marrow cells of SCID mice exposed whole-body to low-dose radiation. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2013;10:1356-77 pubmed publisher..1 and 1 Gy) do induce genomic instability in mice with intermediate and extremely low-levels of DNA-PKcs activity (indicating an important role of DNA-PKcs in DNA repair)...
- do Carmo L, Rogero M, Paredes Gamero E, Nogueira Pedro A, Xavier J, Cortez M, et al. A high-fat diet increases interleukin-3 and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor production by bone marrow cells and triggers bone marrow hyperplasia and neutrophilia in Wistar rats. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2013;238:375-84 pubmed publisher..In addition, the HFD bone marrow cells had a higher capacity to proliferate and differentiate into granulocytic cells in an in vitro system and a ..
- Li L, Zeng H, Hou X, He X, Chen J. Myocardial injection of apelin-overexpressing bone marrow cells improves cardiac repair via upregulation of Sirt3 after myocardial infarction. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e71041 pubmed publisherOur previous study shows that treatment with apelin increases bone marrow cells (BMCs) recruitment and promotes cardiac repair after myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Yang Q, Monticelli L, Saenz S, Chi A, Sonnenberg G, Tang J, et al. T cell factor 1 is required for group 2 innate lymphoid cell generation. Immunity. 2013;38:694-704 pubmed publisher..These results are reminiscent of the critical roles of TCF-1 in early T cell development. Hence, transcription factors that underlie early steps of T cell development are also implicated in the development of innate lymphoid cells...
- Tsai C, Liao K, Shih C, Chan C, Hsieh J, Tsai C, et al. Small RNA and RNA-IP Sequencing Identifies and Validates Novel MicroRNAs in Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells. OMICS. 2016;20:191-8 pubmed publisher..MSC transplantation has the potential to ameliorate degenerative disorders and repair damaged tissues. Interventions involving the above 40 new microRNA members in transplanted MSCs may potentially guide future clinical applications. ..
- Makdessi S, Sweidan H, Schmid E, Weimar U, Gulbins E, Lang F. Quantitative Determination of Ceramide Molecular Species in Dendritic Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;39:1608-17 pubmed publisher..73 ± 6.52 nmol/106 cells) was the predominant fatty acid followed by palmitic acid (3.47 ± 1.54 nmol/106 cells). This highly sensitive method allows the quantification of different molecular species of ceramides. ..
- Papathanasiou P, Petvises S, Hey Y, Perkins A, O Neill H. Impact of the c-MybE308G mutation on mouse myelopoiesis and dendritic cell development. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176345 pubmed publisher..An alternative explanation may be needed for why there was no change in CD8+ cDCs in booreana spleen since these cells are known to derive from common dendritic progenitors in bone marrow. ..
- Petecchia L, Viti F, Sbrana F, Vassalli M, Gavazzo P. A biophysical approach to quantify skeletal stem cells trans-differentiation as a model for the study of osteoporosis. Biophys Chem. 2017;229:84-92 pubmed publisher..Moreover, a method based on digital holography is proposed, providing a quantitative indication of the phenotype stage along differentiation. ..
- Michel G, Blery P, Hénoux M, Guicheux J, Weiss P, Dugast E, et al. Bone marrow cell extract promotes the regeneration of irradiated bone. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178060 pubmed publisher..One mechanism, explaining how bone marrow cells can help regenerate tissues like this, is the paracrine effect...
- Johnson R, Suva L. Hallmarks of Bone Metastasis. Calcif Tissue Int. 2018;102:141-151 pubmed publisherBreast cancer bone metastasis develops as the result of a series of complex interactions between tumor cells, bone marrow cells, and resident bone cells...
- Niu H, Hadwiger G, Fujiwara H, Welch J. Pathways of retinoid synthesis in mouse macrophages and bone marrow cells. J Leukoc Biol. 2016;99:797-810 pubmed publisher..sequence-GFP reporter transgene and retrovirally expressed Gal4-retinoic acid receptor Î± in primary mouse bone marrow cells, we identified 2 distinct enzymatic pathways used by mouse myeloid cells ex vivo to synthesize retinoic acid ..
- Sadovnik I, Herrmann H, Eisenwort G, Blatt K, Hoermann G, Mueller N, et al. Expression of CD25 on leukemic stem cells in BCR-ABL1+ CML: Potential diagnostic value and functional implications. Exp Hematol. 2017;51:17-24 pubmed publisher..In addition, it has been shown that CD25 serves as a negative growth regulator of CML LSCs. Here, we review the value of CD25 as a novel marker and potential drug target in CML LSCs. ..
- Qiang Y, Xu J, Yan C, Jin H, Xiao T, Yan N, et al. Butyrate and retinoic acid imprint mucosal-like dendritic cell development synergistically from bone marrow cells. Clin Exp Immunol. 2017;189:290-297 pubmed publisher..Mucosal-like dendritic cell differentiation was completed in vitro by culturing bone marrow cells with growth factors [granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF/interleukin (IL)-4], RA and/or ..
- Lange S, Steder A, Glass Ã, Killian D, Wittmann S, Machka C, et al. Low Radiation Dose and Low Cell Dose Increase the Risk ofÂ Graft Rejection in a Canine Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Model. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2016;22:637-643 pubmed publisher..The level of blood chimerism at 4Â weeks post-HSCT was predictive of long-term engraftment in the canine HSCT model. ..
- Kim H, Kim G, Cho S, Lee E, Kwon Y. Development of a cell-defined siRNA microarray for analysis of gene function in human bone marrow stromal cells. Stem Cell Res. 2016;16:365-76 pubmed publisher..We obtained the significant and reliable data with effective knock-down in our condition, and suggested our method as the qualitatively improved siRNA microarray screening method for hBMSCs. ..
- Yang K, Hung J, Lin P. HLA-B*46:65, a novel HLA-B*46 variant, detected in a Taiwanese unrelated bone marrow stem cell donor. HLA. 2016;87:397-8 pubmed publisher..One nucleotide exchange at residue 550 of the HLA-B*46:65 results in a novel allele, HLA-B*46:65. ..
- Banijamali M, Rabbani Chadegani A, Shahhoseini M. Lithium attenuates lead induced toxicity on mouse non-adherent bone marrow cells. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2016;36:7-15 pubmed publisher..It also provides a potentially new therapeutic strategy for lithium and a cost-effective approach to minimize destructive effects of lead on bone marrow stem cells. ..
- Landa SolÃs C, Granados Montiel J, Olivos Meza A, Ortega SÃ¡nchez C, Cruz Lemini M, HernÃ¡ndez Flores C, et al. Cryopreserved CD90+ cells obtained from mobilized peripheral blood in sheep: a new source of mesenchymal stem cells for preclinical applications. Cell Tissue Bank. 2016;17:137-45 pubmed publisherMobilized peripheral blood (MPB) bone marrow cells possess the potential to differentiate into a variety of mesenchymal tissue types and offer a source of easy access for obtaining stem cells for the development of experimental models ..
- Pettersson L, LevÃ©en P, Axler O, Dvorakova D, Juliusson G, Ehinger M. Improved minimal residual disease detection by targeted quantitative polymerase chain reaction in Nucleophosmin 1 type a mutated acute myeloid leukemia. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2016;55:750-66 pubmed publisher..01% to 1% depending on the phenotype of the leukemic cells as compared with non-leukemic bone marrow cells. Forty-five MRD samples from 15 patients using both NPM1 mutation specific RQ-PCR and MFC were analyzed...
- Iwama A. Deregulated polycomb complex function in the pathogenesis of MDS. Rinsho Ketsueki. 2017;58:654-660 pubmed publisher..In MDS, they function as tumor suppressors. This review summarizes the current knowledge on deregulated polycomb function in the pathogenesis of MDS. ..
- Minguet S, KlÃ¤sener K, Schaffer A, Fiala G, Osteso IbÃ¡nez T, Raute K, et al. Caveolin-1-dependent nanoscale organization of the BCR regulates B cell tolerance. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:1150-1159 pubmed publisher..Thus, Cav1 emerges as a cell-intrinsic regulator that prevents B cell-induced autoimmunity by means of its role in plasma-membrane organization. ..
- McGonigle T, Dwyer A, Greenland E, Scott N, Keane K, Newsholme P, et al. PGE2 pulsing of murine bone marrow cells reduces migration of daughter monocytes/macrophages in vitro and in vivo. Exp Hematol. 2017;56:64-68 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal long-lasting changes to progenitor cells of monocytes/macrophages by a 2-hour dmPGE2 pulse that, in turn, limits the migration of their daughter cells to chemoattractants and inflammatory mediators. ..
- He Y, Bei J, Zeng H, Pan Z. The roles of sepsis-induced myeloid derived suppressor cells in mice corneal, skin and combined transplantation. Transpl Immunol. 2016;34:8-13 pubmed publisher..Corneal cells and bone marrow cells were stained with CD11b-PE and Gr1-FITC, analyzed by FACS...
- Nevens D, Nuyts S. The role of stem cells in the prevention and treatment of radiation-induced xerostomia in patients with head and neck cancer. Cancer Med. 2016;5:1147-53 pubmed publisher..Salivary gland stem cell transplantation, bone marrow-derived cell mobilization, molecular regulation of parotid stem cells, stem cell sparing RT, and adaptive RT are promising techniques that are discussed in this study. ..
- Jia X, Li X, Wang F, Liu H, Zhang D, Chen Y. Berbamine Exerts Anti-Inflammatory Effects via Inhibition of NF-?B and MAPK Signaling Pathways. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:2307-2318 pubmed publisher..Collectively, data from this study suggest that BER has anti-inflammatory potential, which is effected via inhibition of NF-?B and MAPK signaling pathways, and thus holds promise for treatment of inflammatory disease. ..
- Holowachuk E, Ruhoff M. Biologically active recombinant rat granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor produced in Escherichia coli. Protein Expr Purif. 1995;6:588-96 pubmed..of rat dendritic cells and stimulating the differentiation of dendritic cells from fresh cultures of rat bone marrow cells. Although dendritic cells are difficult to isolate from tissues, the availability of R-rGM-CSF should now ..
- Rahman S, Baquero K, Choudhury M, Janssen R, de la Houssaye B, Sun M, et al. C/EBP? in bone marrow is essential for diet induced inflammation, cholesterol balance, and atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis. 2016;250:172-9 pubmed publisher..ApoE(-/-) mice were reconstituted with bone marrow cells derived from either WT or C/EBP?(-/-) mice and placed on low fat or high fat/high cholesterol diet for 11 ..
- Ishige Wada M, Kwon S, Eguchi M, Hozumi K, Iwaguro H, Matsumoto T, et al. Jagged-1 Signaling in the Bone Marrow Microenvironment Promotes Endothelial Progenitor Cell Expansion and Commitment of CD133+ Human Cord Blood Cells for Postnatal Vasculogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0166660 pubmed publisher..We established stromal systems using HESS-5 murine bone marrow cells transfected with human Jagged-1 (hJagged-1) or human Dll-1 (hDll-1)...
- He R, Yin H, Yuan B, Liu T, Luo L, Huang P, et al. IL-33 improves wound healing through enhanced M2 macrophage polarization in diabetic mice. Mol Immunol. 2017;90:42-49 pubmed publisher..All together, these results strongly suggest manipulation of IL-33-mediated signal might be a potential therapeutic approach for diabetic skin wounds. ..
- Fernández García M, Mesa C, Almarza E, Bueren J, Yañez R. A Short and Efficient Transduction Protocol for Mouse Hematopoietic Stem Cells with Lentiviral Vectors. Hum Gene Ther Methods. 2017;28:310-317 pubmed publisher..In this protocol, purified lineage-, Sca-1+, c-Kit+ bone marrow cells were transduced in vitro for a short period of time under conditions that facilitated efficient transduction ..
- Vasilyeva I, Bespalov V, Semenov A, Baranenko D, Zinkin V. The Effects of Low-Frequency Noise on Rats: Evidence of Chromosomal Aberrations in the Bone Marrow Cells and the Release of Low-Molecular-Weight DNA in the Blood Plasma. Noise Health. 2017;19:79-83 pubmed publisherEvaluation of the effect of low-frequency noise (LFN) on the frequency of chromosomal aberrations in the bone marrow cells and on the content of low-molecular-weight DNA (lmwDNA) in the blood plasma of rats.
- Huang J, Meng Y, Liu Y, Chen Y, Yang H, Chen D, et al. MicroRNA-320a Regulates the Osteogenic Differentiation of Human Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells by Targeting HOXA10. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;38:40-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that miR-320a acts as a critical regulator of osteogenic differentiation of hMSCs by repressing its target HOXA10. ..
- Ludwig Portugall I, Bartok E, Dhana E, Evers B, Primiano M, Hall J, et al. An NLRP3-specific inflammasome inhibitor attenuates crystal-induced kidney fibrosis inÂ mice. Kidney Int. 2016;90:525-39 pubmed publisher..intrarenal inflammasome activation and its inhibition by CP-456,773 inÂ vivo by adoptive transfer of bone marrow cells transduced with interleukin-1Î²-Gaussia luciferase, a proteolytic luciferase-based reporter for ..
- Di Scala M, Gil FariÃ±a I, OlagÃ¼e C, Vales A, Sobrevals L, Fortes P, et al. Identification of IFN-Î³-producing T cells as the main mediators of the side effects associated to mouse interleukin-15 sustained exposure. Oncotarget. 2016;7:49008-49026 pubmed publisher..we treated IFN-Î³ receptor-, RAG1-, CD1d- and ÂµMT-deficient mice and performed adoptive transfer of bone marrow cells from WT mice to RAG1-defcient mice...
- Zhang H, Huang Z, Wu X, Li Q, Yu Z. Comparison of T lymphocyte subsets in aplastic anemia and hypoplastic myelodysplastic syndromes. Life Sci. 2017;189:71-75 pubmed publisher..05). Changes of T lymphocyte subsets and the proportions of large granular lymphocytes and B lymphocytes can be utilized as indexes in the differential diagnosis between AA and hypo-MDS. ..
- Dib L, Ortega M, Melgarejo T, Chapes S. Establishment and characterization of DB-1: a leptin receptor-deficient murine macrophage cell line. Cytotechnology. 2016;68:921-33 pubmed publisher..The cell line was created using bone marrow cells from leptin receptor-deficient mice...
- Cotter P. Atypical lymphocytes and leukocytes in the peripheral circulation of caged hens. Poult Sci. 2015;94:1439-45 pubmed publisher..b>Bone marrow cells, a source of plasmacytes, are included for comparison...
- Clausen B, Lambertsen K, DagnÃ¦s Hansen F, Babcock A, von Linstow C, Meldgaard M, et al. Cell therapy centered on IL-1Ra is neuroprotective in experimental stroke. Acta Neuropathol. 2016;131:775-91 pubmed publisher..Reconstitution of whole body irradiated mice with IL-1Ra-producing bone marrow cells is associated with neuroprotection and recruitment of IL-1Ra-producing leukocytes after stroke...
- Cui Y, Sun Q, Liu Z. Ambient particulate matter exposure and cardiovascular diseases: a focus on progenitor and stem cells. J Cell Mol Med. 2016;20:782-93 pubmed publisher..The present review is focused on summarizing the detrimental effects of PM exposure on EPCs and SCs, and potential mechanisms including ROS formation as well as clinical implications. ..
- Sabbieti M, Dubbini A, Laus F, Paggi E, Marchegiani A, Capitani M, et al. In vivo biocompatibility of p(HPMAm-lac)-PEG hydrogels hybridized with hyaluronan. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2016;: pubmed publisher..Triggering Receptor Expressed on Myeloid cells-1), tumour necrosis factor-? and interleukin-1?) in cultured bone marrow cells extracted from hydrogel treated mice was observed, possibly correlated to the anti-inflammatory effect of ..
- Bataille A, Galichon P, Wetzstein M, Legouis D, Vandermeersch S, Rondeau E, et al. Evaluation of the ability of bone marrow derived cells to engraft the kidney and promote renal tubular regeneration in mice following exposure to cisplatin. Ren Fail. 2016;38:521-9 pubmed publisher..However, neither cell therapy protected the animals against cisplatin-induced death. We therefore question the short-term efficacy of bone marrow derived cells used to repair established injuries of the tubular epithelium. ..
- Cao Y, Jansen I, Sprangers S, Stap J, Leenen P, Everts V, et al. IL-1Î² differently stimulates proliferation and multinucleation of distinct mouse bone marrow osteoclast precursor subsets. J Leukoc Biol. 2016;100:513-23 pubmed publisher..Early blasts, myeloid blasts, and monocytes were sorted from mouse bone marrow cells using flow cytometry...
- Chauhan L, Varshney M, Pandey V, Sharma P, Verma V, Kumar P, et al. ROS-dependent genotoxicity, cell cycle perturbations and apoptosis in mouse bone marrow cells exposed to formulated mixture of cypermethrin and chlorpyrifos. Mutagenesis. 2016;31:635-642 pubmed..induction, cell cycle perturbations, apoptosis and reactive oxygen species (ROS) generation were analysed in bone marrow cells. To explore the involvement of ROS induction, HaCat cells were exposed in vitro to arbitrary concentrations ..
- Yang Y, Fan C, Deng C, Zhao L, Hu W, Di S, et al. Melatonin reverses flow shear stress-induced injury in bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells via activation of AMP-activated protein kinase signaling. J Pineal Res. 2016;60:228-41 pubmed publisher..Our findings may provide a basis for the design of more effective strategies that promote the use of TEHCs in patients. ..
- KÃ¤fer R, Usanova S, Montermann E, Loquai C, Reske Kunz A, Bros M. Inhibitors of Î²-catenin affect the immuno-phenotype and functions of dendritic cells in an inhibitor-specific manner. Int Immunopharmacol. 2016;32:118-124 pubmed publisher..Concerning potential application of Î²-catenin inhibitors for tumor therapy, iCRT-5 may be most beneficial, since it did not exert detrimental effects on stimulated DCs. ..
- Flores R, Clauson C, Cho J, Lee B, McGowan S, Baker D, et al. Expansion of myeloid-derived suppressor cells with aging in the bone marrow of mice through a NF-?B-dependent mechanism. Aging Cell. 2017;16:480-487 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that NF-?B activation with aging, at least in part, drives an increase in the percentage of MDSCs, a cell type able to suppress immune cell responses. ..
- Ahmed L, Rizk S, El Maraghy S. Pinocembrin ex vivo preconditioning improves the therapeutic efficacy of endothelial progenitor cells in monocrotaline-induced pulmonary hypertension in rats. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;138:193-204 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, pinocembrin significantly improves the therapeutic efficacy of endothelial progenitor cells in monocrotaline-induced pulmonary hypertension in rats. ..
- Ayyadurai S, Gibson A, D Costa S, Overman E, Sommerville L, Poopal A, et al. Frontline Science: Corticotropin-releasing factor receptor subtype 1 is a critical modulator of mast cell degranulation and stress-induced pathophysiology. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;102:1299-1312 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results revealed a prominent role for CRF1 signaling in mast cells as a positive modulator of stimuli-induced degranulation and in vivo pathophysiologic responses to immunologic and psychologic stress. ..
- Wilmore J, Allman D. Here, There, and Anywhere? Arguments for and against the Physical Plasma Cell Survival Niche. J Immunol. 2017;199:839-845 pubmed publisher..In this review we discuss current concepts and information surrounding plasma cell survival niches, and consider two opposing models to explain long-term serologic immunity. ..
- Li X, Guo L, Liu Y, Su Y, Xie Y, Du J, et al. MicroRNA-21 promotes osteogenesis of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells via the Smad7-Smad1/5/8-Runx2 pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:928-933 pubmed publisher..We identified a novel mechanism by which microRNA-21 (miR-21) promotes the bone formation of BMMSCs and found that this process is regulated, in part, by the Smad7-Smad1/5/8-Runx2 pathway. ..
- Hou L, Dong Q, Wu Y, Sun Y, Guo Y, Huo Y. Gonadotropins facilitate potential differentiation of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells into Leydig cells inÂ vitro. Kaohsiung J Med Sci. 2016;32:1-9 pubmed publisher..The expression of Leydig cell-specific markers in the experimental group was significantly higher (pÂ <Â 0.05). With these findings, BMSCs can be considered a new approach for the treatment of patients with low androgen levels. ..
- Becquart P, Cruel M, Hoc T, Sudre L, Pernelle K, Bizios R, et al. Human mesenchymal stem cell responses to hydrostatic pressure and shear stress. Eur Cell Mater. 2016;31:160-73 pubmed
- Wang C, Liu Y, Wang Y, Li H, Zhang R, He M, et al. Adenovirus-mediated siRNA targeting CXCR2 attenuates titanium particle-induced osteolysis by suppressing osteoclast formation. Med Sci Monit. 2016;22:727-35 pubmed..CONCLUSIONS CXCR2 plays a critical role in particle-induced osteolysis, and siCXCR2 may be a novel treatment for aseptic loosening. ..
- Chiaruttini G, Piperno G, Jouve M, De Nardi F, Larghi P, Peden A, et al. The SNARE VAMP7 Regulates Exocytic Trafficking of Interleukin-12 in Dendritic Cells. Cell Rep. 2016;14:2624-36 pubmed publisher..These results provide insights into IL-12 intracellular trafficking pathways and show that VAMP7-mediated release of IL-12 at the immune synapse is a mechanism to transmit innate signals to T cells. ..
- Liu P, Ping Y, Ma M, Zhang D, Liu C, Zaidi S, et al. Anabolic actions of Notch on mature bone. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E2152-61 pubmed publisher..We suggest that stimulation of Notch signaling in osteocytes initiates a profound, therapeutically relevant, anabolic response. ..
- Taghiyar L, Hesaraki M, Sayahpour F, Satarian L, Hosseini S, Aghdami N, et al. Msh homeobox 1 (Msx1)- and Msx2-overexpressing bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells resemble blastema cells and enhance regeneration in mice. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:10520-10533 pubmed publisher..We propose that Msx-transduced cells that can regenerate epithelial and mesenchymal tissues may potentially be utilized in limb regeneration. ..
- Freitas C, Wittner M, Nguyen J, Rondeau V, Biajoux V, Aknin M, et al. Lymphoid differentiation of hematopoietic stem cells requires efficient Cxcr4 desensitization. J Exp Med. 2017;214:2023-2040 pubmed publisher..Therefore, efficient Cxcr4 desensitization is critical for lymphoid differentiation of HSPCs, and its impairment is a key mechanism underpinning the lymphopenia observed in mice and likely in WS patients. ..
- Kim J, Lee Y, Kim Y, Cho E, Huh E, Bang O, et al. Aqueous extract of Phragmitis rhizoma ameliorates myelotoxicity of docetaxel in vitro and in vivo. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:393 pubmed publisher..However, the identification of the responsible active components and the precise underlying myelo-protective mechanism of EPR need to be elucidated before novel drug development using EPR can precede. ..
- Juhl M, Tratwal J, Follin B, Søndergaard R, Kirchhoff M, Ekblond A, et al. Comparison of clinical grade human platelet lysates for cultivation of mesenchymal stromal cells from bone marrow and adipose tissue. Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 2016;76:93-104 pubmed publisher..The ideal cell culture medium should be devoid of any animal derived components. We have evaluated whether human Platelet Lysate (hPL) could be an attractive alternative to animal supplements...
- Itkin T, Gur Cohen S, Spencer J, Schajnovitz A, Ramasamy S, Kusumbe A, et al. Distinct bone marrow blood vessels differentially regulate haematopoiesis. Nature. 2016;532:323-8 pubmed publisher..These findings may have relevance for clinical haematopoietic stem cell transplantation and mobilization protocols. ..
- Wang P, Yan S, Yao Y, Zheng H, Ma L, Jin S, et al. [The roles of serum free light chain ratio in the diagnosis and prognosis of newly diagnosed multiple myeloma]. Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2016;37:377-82 pubmed publisher..The roles of serum free light chain ratio (sFLCR) in the diagnosis and prognosis of newly diagnosed multiple myeloma (NDMM) patients were analyzed...
- Han Y, Wu C, Wang J, Liu N. CXCR7 maintains osteosarcoma invasion after CXCR4 suppression in bone marrow microenvironment. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317701631 pubmed publisher..Therefore, inhibiting both CXCR4 and CXCR7 could be a promising strategy in controlling osteosarcoma invasion. ..
- Balakumar B, Rajagopal K, Madhuri V. Bone marrow extract as a growth supplement for human iliac apophyseal chondrocyte culture. Indian J Med Res. 2016;144:831-837 pubmed publisher..This study was conducted to compare the culture characteristics of human growth plate chondrocyte in foetal bovine serum (FBS) and human autologous bone marrow extract (BME) in monolayer culture...
- Aquino Martínez R, Artigas N, Gámez B, Rosa J, Ventura F. Extracellular calcium promotes bone formation from bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells by amplifying the effects of BMP-2 on SMAD signalling. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178158 pubmed publisher..On the whole, these results demonstrate the usefulness of calcium-based bone grafts or the addition of exogenous Ca2+ in bone tissue engineering...
- Cheng H, Besla R, Li A, Chen Z, Shikatani E, Nazari Jahantigh M, et al. Paradoxical Suppression of Atherosclerosis in the Absence of microRNA-146a. Circ Res. 2017;121:354-367 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals that miR-146a regulates cholesterol metabolism and tempers chronic inflammatory responses to atherogenic diet by restraining proinflammatory signaling in endothelial cells and BM-derived cells. ..
- Mantuano E, Azmoon P, Brifault C, Banki M, Gilder A, Campana W, et al. Tissue-type plasminogen activator regulates macrophage activation and innate immunity. Blood. 2017;130:1364-1374 pubmed publisher..The NMDA-R and Toll-like receptor-4 were not required for proinflammatory RAP signaling. By mediating the tPA response in macrophages, the NMDA-R provides a pathway by which the fibrinolysis system may regulate innate immunity. ..
- Hassan N, McCarville K, Morinaga K, Mengatto C, Langfelder P, Hokugo A, et al. Titanium biomaterials with complex surfaces induced aberrant peripheral circadian rhythms in bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183359 pubmed publisher..Thus, the aberrant BMSC peripheral circadian rhythm may be essential for the integration of Ti biomaterials into bone...
- Noguchi Sasaki M, Sasaki Y, Matsuo Tezuka Y, Yasuno H, Kurasawa M, Yorozu K, et al. Reduction of a marker of oxidative stress with enhancement of iron utilization by erythropoiesis activation following epoetin beta pegol administration in iron-loaded db/db mice. Int J Hematol. 2016;103:262-73 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that C.E.R.A. promotes iron utilization for erythropoiesis through mobilization of hepatic iron storage, leading to a decrease in serum oxidative stress markers in iron-loaded db/db mice. ..
- Aguiñiga Sánchez I, Cadena Iñiguez J, Santiago Osorio E, Gómez García G, Mendoza Núñez V, Rosado Pérez J, et al. Chemical analyses and in vitro and in vivo toxicity of fruit methanol extract of Sechium edule var. nigrum spinosum. Pharm Biol. 2017;55:1638-1645 pubmed publisher..This is important because we previously reported that different variety of species exhibit different activities across different tumor cell lines...
- Zhang Q, Lin S, Zhang T, Tian T, Ma Q, Xie X, et al. Curved microstructures promote osteogenesis of mesenchymal stem cells via the RhoA/ROCK pathway. Cell Prolif. 2017;50: pubmed publisher..However, it is not clear how curved microstructures affect cellular behaviour in bone tissue...
- Di Martino S, Catapano O, Siesto S, Di Paolo M, Pugliese S, Morelli C, et al. Quantitative PCR detection of t(11;14) bcl-1/JH in mantle cell lymphoma patients: comparison of peripheral blood and bone marrow aspirate samples. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2015;19:4801-10 pubmed..If these results will be confirmed on a wider number of MCL patients, future study will be required to address the issue. ..
- Woo D, Hwang H, Shim J. Comparison of adult stem cells derived from multiple stem cell niches. Biotechnol Lett. 2016;38:751-9 pubmed publisher..Different characters of each ASC might be major factors for their effective use for therapeutics and tissue regeneration. ..
- Huang Y, Rajappa P, Hu W, Hoffman C, CISSE B, Kim J, et al. A proangiogenic signaling axis in myeloid cells promotes malignant progression of glioma. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:1826-1838 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that modulation of KDR/ID2 signaling may restrict tumor-associated myeloid cells and could potentially be a therapeutic strategy for preventing transformation of premalignant gliomas. ..
- McGonigle T, Keane K, Ghaly S, Carter K, Anderson D, Scott N, et al. UV Irradiation of Skin Enhances Glycolytic Flux and Reduces Migration Capabilities in Bone Marrow-Differentiated Dendritic Cells. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:2046-2059 pubmed publisher..Reduced migration of DCs to lymph nodes associated with increased glycolytic flux may contribute to their reduced ability to initiate new immune responses in UV-irradiated mice. ..
- Bigildeev A, Cornils K, Aranyossy T, Sats N, Petinati N, Shipounova I, et al. Investigation of the Mesenchymal Stem Cell Compartment by Means of a Lentiviral Barcode Library. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2016;81:373-81 pubmed publisher..We show for the first time that a barcoded library of lentiviruses is an effective tool for studying stromal progenitor cells. ..