Genomes and Genes
Summary: A subset of helper-effector T-lymphocytes which synthesize and secrete INTERLEUKINS IL-17; IL-17F; and IL-22. These cytokines are involved in host defenses and tissue inflammation in autoimmune diseases.
Publications102 found, 100 shown here
- Guabiraba R, Ryffel B. Dengue virus infection: current concepts in immune mechanisms and lessons from murine models. Immunology. 2014;141:143-56 pubmed
- Mortensen R, Christensen D, Hansen L, Christensen J, Andersen P, Dietrich J. Local Th17/IgA immunity correlate with protection against intranasal infection with Streptococcus pyogenes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175707 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that locally primed immunity is important for the defense against intranasal infection with Streptococcus pyogenes. ..
- Gu X, Chu X, Zeng X, Bao H, Liu X. Effects of PM2.5 exposure on the Notch signaling pathway and immune imbalance in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Environ Pollut. 2017;226:163-173 pubmed publisher..5. This result suggests that PM2.5 is involved in the immune disorder of mice with COPD by affecting the Notch signaling pathway and that PM2.5 aggravates COPD. ..
- Anuradha R, Munisankar S, Bhootra Y, Dolla C, Kumaran P, Nutman T, et al. Modulation of CD4+ and CD8+ T Cell Function and Cytokine Responses in Strongyloides stercoralis Infection by Interleukin-27 (IL-27) and IL-37. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..stercoralis infections, which suggest the importance of IL-27 and IL-37 in immune modulation in a chronic helminth infection. ..
- Singh R, Miao T, Symonds A, Omodho B, Li S, Wang P. Egr2 and 3 Inhibit T-bet-Mediated IFN-? Production in T Cells. J Immunol. 2017;198:4394-4402 pubmed publisher..Thus, Egr2 and 3 are antagonists of T-bet function in effector T cells and are important for the control of inflammatory responses of T cells. ..
- Neal L, Qiu Y, Chung J, Xing E, Cho W, Malachowski A, et al. T Cell-Restricted Notch Signaling Contributes to Pulmonary Th1 and Th2 Immunity during Cryptococcus neoformans Infection. J Immunol. 2017;199:643-655 pubmed publisher..These results identify Notch signaling as a previously unappreciated regulator of Th1 and Th2 immunity and an important element of antifungal defenses against cryptococcal infection and CNS dissemination. ..
- Moran B, Sweeney C, Hughes R, Malara A, Kirthi S, Tobin A, et al. Hidradenitis Suppurativa Is Characterized by Dysregulation of the Th17:Treg Cell Axis, Which Is Corrected by Anti-TNF Therapy. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:2389-2395 pubmed publisher..lesional skin; however, the ratio of Th17 to regulatory T cells was nonetheless highly dysregulated in favor of Th17 cells. In contrast, lesional skin from anti-tumor necrosis factor-treated HS patients who showed substantial clinical ..
- Barik S, Ellis J, Cascio J, Miller M, Ukah T, Cattin Roy A, et al. IL-4/IL-13 Heteroreceptor Influences Th17 Cell Conversion and Sensitivity to Regulatory T Cell Suppression To Restrain Experimental Allergic Encephalomyelitis. J Immunol. 2017;199:2236-2248 pubmed publisher..the lack of signaling by endogenous IL-4 and IL-13 through the HR influences the function of effector Th1 and Th17 cells in a Treg-dependent fashion...
- Shi G, Field D, Ko K, Ture S, Srivastava K, Levy S, et al. Platelet factor 4 limits Th17 differentiation and cardiac allograft rejection. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:543-52 pubmed publisher..mice had exaggerated immune responses to cardiac transplantation, including increased numbers of infiltrating Th17 cells and increased plasma IL-17...
- Lilley T, Prokkola J, Johnson J, Rogers E, Gronsky S, Kurta A, et al. Immune responses in hibernating little brown myotis (Myotis lucifugus) with white-nose syndrome. Proc Biol Sci. 2017;284: pubmed publisher..The resulting Th17 response may be protective in euthermic bats, but because it may disrupt torpor, it could be detrimental during hibernation. ..
- Stewart C, Metheny H, Iida N, Smith L, Hanson M, Steinhagen F, et al. Interferon-dependent IL-10 production by Tregs limits tumor Th17 inflammation. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:4859-74 pubmed..IL-10 production limited Th17 cell numbers in both spleen and tumor. However, type I IFN was required to limit Th17 cells specifically in the tumor microenvironment, reflecting selective control of tumor-associated Tregs by type I IFN...
- Dolff S, Abdulahad W, Kallenberg C. Response to ‘T-helper 17 cell cytokines and interferon type I: partners in crime in systemic lupus erythematosus?’. Arthritis Res Ther. 2014;16:409 pubmed
- Ju H, Liu H, Tian Z, Jiang Y, Zhang C, Liu X. Association of polymorphisms in key Th-17 immune response genes with HBeAg-positive chronic hepatitis B susceptibility and response to PEG-IFNa-2?. Virology. 2017;509:35-41 pubmed publisher..Th17-related gene polymorphisms were linked to HBeAg+ CHB susceptibility, and rs4711998, rs763780 and rs12508721 were associated with sustained responses to PEG-IFNa-2?. ..
- Wilde B, Thewissen M, Damoiseaux J, Hilhorst M, van Paassen P, Witzke O, et al. Th17 expansion in granulomatosis with polyangiitis (Wegener's): the role of disease activity, immune regulation and therapy. Arthritis Res Ther. 2012;14:R227 pubmed publisher..There is little knowledge on the role of Th17 cells in granulomatosis with polyangiitis (GPA)...
- Fleming C, Cai Y, Sun X, Jala V, Xue F, Morrissey S, et al. Microbiota-activated CD103+ DCs stemming from microbiota adaptation specifically drive ??T17 proliferation and activation. Microbiome. 2017;5:46 pubmed publisher..This critical regulatory pathway for ??T17 could play a major role in IL-17-driven inflammatory diseases and needs further investigation to determine specific targets for future therapeutic intervention. ..
- Pardo E, Cárcamo C, Uribe San Martin R, Ciampi E, Segovia Miranda F, Curkovic Peña C, et al. Galectin-8 as an immunosuppressor in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis and a target of human early prognostic antibodies in multiple sclerosis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177472 pubmed publisher..Lgals8/Lac-Z knock-in mice lacking Gal-8 expression have higher polarization toward Th17 cells accompanied with decreased CCR6+ and higher CXCR3+ regulatory T cells (Tregs) frequency...
- Deng P, Li X, Wei Y, Liu J, Chen M, Xu Y, et al. The herbal decoction modified Danggui Buxue Tang attenuates immune-mediated bone marrow failure by regulating the differentiation of T lymphocytes in an immune-induced aplastic anemia mouse model. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180417 pubmed publisher..increase the production of whole blood cells in peripheral blood (PB); inhibit the expansion of Th1 and Th17 cells; increase the differentiation of Th2 and Tregs cells; regulate the expression levels of T-bet, GATA-3, ROR? and ..
- Li X, Cannon A, Hammer A, Morris N, Choudhry M. IL-23 restoration of Th17 effector function is independent of IL-6 and TGF-? in a mouse model of alcohol and burn injury. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;102:915-923 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that IL-23 plays a critical role in regulation of Th17 cytokines. Furthermore, IL-6 and TGF-? do not appear to influence IL-23-mediated restoration of Th17 cytokines after ethanol and burn injury. ..
- Zhang Y, Ma C, Lawrence M, Break T, O Connell M, Lyons J, et al. PD-L1 up-regulation restrains Th17 cell differentiation in STAT3 loss- and STAT1 gain-of-function patients. J Exp Med. 2017;214:2523-2533 pubmed publisher..As expected, differentiation of Th17 cells was impaired in both cohorts...
- Blaha J, Kalousková B, Skořepa O, Pažický S, Novak P, Vanek O. High-level expression and purification of soluble form of human natural killer cell receptor NKR-P1 in HEK293S GnTI- cells. Protein Expr Purif. 2017;140:36-43 pubmed publisher..Purified soluble NKR-P1 is homogeneous, deglycosylatable, crystallizable and monomeric in solution, as shown by size-exclusion chromatography, multi-angle light scattering and analytical ultracentrifugation. ..
- Santos M, de Oliveira D, Cazzaniga R, Varjão C, Dos Santos P, Santos M, et al. Distinct Roles of Th17 and Th1 Cells in Inflammatory Responses Associated with the Presentation of Paucibacillary Leprosy and Leprosy Reactions. Scand J Immunol. 2017;86:40-49 pubmed publisher..To investigate the involvement of Th17 cells in the pathogenesis of leprosy, we determined the immune profile with variant presentations of leprosy...
- Uchiyama R, Yonehara S, Taniguchi S, Ishido S, Ishii K, Tsutsui H. Inflammasome and Fas-Mediated IL-1? Contributes to Th17/Th1 Cell Induction in Pathogenic Bacterial Infection In Vivo. J Immunol. 2017;199:1122-1130 pubmed publisher..This study provides a deeper understanding of the molecular mechanisms underlying Th17/Th1 induction during pathogenic microbial infections in vivo. ..
- Mahdavi M, Tajik A, Ebtekar M, Rahimi R, Adibzadeh M, Moozarmpour H, et al. Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor, a potent adjuvant for polarization to Th-17 pattern: an experience on HIV-1 vaccine model. APMIS. 2017;125:596-603 pubmed publisher..This study for the first time provides the evidence of the potency of GM-CSF in the induction of IL-17 in response to a vaccine, which is important for control of infection such as HIV-1. ..
- Brembilla N, Montanari E, Truchetet M, Raschi E, Meroni P, Chizzolini C. Th17 cells favor inflammatory responses while inhibiting type I collagen deposition by dermal fibroblasts: differential effects in healthy and systemic sclerosis fibroblasts. Arthritis Res Ther. 2013;15:R151 pubmed publisherT helper (Th)-17 cells are increased in systemic sclerosis (SSc). We therefore assessed whether Th17 cells could modulate the inflammatory and fibrotic responses in dermal fibroblasts from healthy donors (HD) and SSc individuals...
- Zanin Zhorov A, Weiss J, Trzeciak A, Chen W, Zhang J, Nyuydzefe M, et al. Cutting Edge: Selective Oral ROCK2 Inhibitor Reduces Clinical Scores in Patients with Psoriasis Vulgaris and Normalizes Skin Pathology via Concurrent Regulation of IL-17 and IL-10. J Immunol. 2017;198:3809-3814 pubmed publisher
- Pennell L, Fish E. Interferon-β regulates dendritic cell activation and migration in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Immunology. 2017;152:439-450 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data support immunoregulatory roles for IFN-β in the activation and migration of DCs during EAE. ..
- Couderc E, Morel F, Levillain P, Buffiere Morgado A, Camus M, Paquier C, et al. Interleukin-17A-induced production of acute serum amyloid A by keratinocytes contributes to psoriasis pathogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181486 pubmed publisher..Keratinocytes could contribute to psoriasis pathogenesis via A-SAA production, maintaining a cutaneous inflammatory environment, activating innate immunity and Th17 lymphocyte recruitment. ..
- Lan Y, Fan X, Fan Y, Zhao J, Wang K. Change in the Treg/Th17 cell imbalance in hepatocellular carcinoma patients and its clinical value. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7704 pubmed publisher..In this study, we found an imbalance in Treg/Th17 cells in peripheral blood mononuclear cells from HCC patients...
- Bishu S, Su E, Wilkerson E, Reckley K, Jones D, McGeachy M, et al. Rheumatoid arthritis patients exhibit impaired Candida albicans-specific Th17 responses. Arthritis Res Ther. 2014;16:R50 pubmed publisherAccumulating data implicate the CD4+ T cell subset (Th17 cells) in rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Brunner P, Guttman Yassky E, Leung D. The immunology of atopic dermatitis and its reversibility with broad-spectrum and targeted therapies. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2017;139:S65-S76 pubmed publisher..For this reason, future therapeutics will need to focus on a systemic treatment approach, especially in patients with moderate-to-severe disease. ..
- Park J, Lee J, Cooper S, Broxmeyer H, Cannon J, Kim C. Parkinson disease-associated LRRK2 G2019S transgene disrupts marrow myelopoiesis and peripheral Th17 response. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;102:1093-1102 pubmed publisher..These findings may have ramifications in immune and inflammatory responses in patients with LRRK2 abnormalities. ..
- Verma N, Kelleher D. Not Just an Adhesion Molecule: LFA-1 Contact Tunes the T Lymphocyte Program. J Immunol. 2017;199:1213-1221 pubmed publisher..We argue that LFA-1 contact with a cognate ligand, such as ICAM-1, independent of the immune synapse activates a late divergence in T cells' effector phenotypes, hence fine-tuning their functioning. ..
- Gao C, Yang F, Wang Y, Liao Y, Zhang J, Zeng H, et al. Vaccination with a recombinant OprL fragment induces a Th17 response and confers serotype-independent protection against Pseudomonas aeruginosa infection in mice. Clin Immunol. 2017;183:354-363 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that reOprL is a good candidate for the future development of Th17 immunity based PA vaccines...
- Wang P, You D, Saravia J, Shen H, Cormier S. Maternal exposure to combustion generated PM inhibits pulmonary Th1 maturation and concomitantly enhances postnatal asthma development in offspring. Part Fibre Toxicol. 2013;10:29 pubmed publisher..However, Th1 and Th17 cells remained attenuated through 6 weeks of age...
- Gu Z, Wang Y, Cao Z. Neutralization of interleukin-17 suppresses allergic rhinitis symptoms by downregulating Th2 and Th17 responses and upregulating the Treg response. Oncotarget. 2017;8:22361-22369 pubmed publisher..IL-17, a key cytokine produced by Th17 cells, is known to induce allergen-specific Th2 cell activation, eosinophil and neutrophil accumulation, and serum IgE ..
- Baban B, Yin L, Qin X, Liu J, Shi X, Mozaffari M. The role of GILZ in modulation of adaptive immunity in a murine model of myocardial infarction. Exp Mol Pathol. 2017;102:408-414 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report indicating an important role for GILZ in MI, in part via modulation of adaptive immune response, which raises the prospect of exogenous GILZ delivery as a novel cardioprotective modality. ..
- Bamias G, Delladetsima I, Perdiki M, Siakavellas S, Goukos D, Papatheodoridis G, et al. Immunological Characteristics of Colitis Associated with Anti-CTLA-4 Antibody Therapy. Cancer Invest. 2017;35:443-455 pubmed publisher..01 vs. controls). Significant elevation of FoxP3 was also detected. In conclusion, ipilimumab administration results in elevations of effector lymphocytes and pro-inflammatory mediators in the gut lamina propria. ..
- Guan S, Leng R, Tao J, Li X, Ye D, Olsen N, et al. Hypoxia-inducible factor-1?: a promising therapeutic target for autoimmune diseases. Expert Opin Ther Targets. 2017;21:715-723 pubmed publisher..Although there are many challenges remaining to be overcome, targeting HIF-1? could be a promising strategy for autoimmune diseases therapies. ..
- Ip F, Ng Y, Or T, Sun P, Fu G, Li J, et al. Anemoside A3 ameliorates experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis by modulating T helper 17 cell response. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182069 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological analysis further suggested that AA3 reduced Th17 cell differentiation and expansion. In conclusion, AA3 exerts an immunomodulatory effect in EAE, demonstrating its potential as a therapeutic agent for MS in humans. ..
- Scrivo R, Massaro L, Barbati C, Vomero M, Ceccarelli F, Spinelli F, et al. The role of dietary sodium intake on the modulation of T helper 17 cells and regulatory T cells in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184449 pubmed publisher..In RA patients, a trend toward a reduction in the frequencies of Th17 cells over the low-sodium dietary regimen followed by an increase at T5 was observed, while Treg cells exhibited the ..
- Xu X, Wang Y, Wei Z, Wei W, Zhao P, Tong B, et al. Madecassic acid, the contributor to the anti-colitis effect of madecassoside, enhances the shift of Th17 toward Treg cells via the PPARÎ³/AMPK/ACC1 pathway. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2723 pubmed publisher..Oral administration of madecassic acid decreased the percentage of Th17 cells and downregulated the expression of RORÎ³t, IL-17A, IL-17F, IL-21 and IL-22 and increased the percentage of ..
- Pan F, Xiang H, Yan J, Hong L, Zhang L, Liu Y, et al. Dendritic Cells from Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Peripheral Blood Induce Th17 Cell Differentiation via miR-363/Integrin ?v/TGF-? Axis. Scand J Immunol. 2017;85:441-449 pubmed publisher..Flow cytometry results showed that in contrast to Treg cells, the proportion of Th17 cells in T cells and the Th17/Treg ratio were both increased in patients with RA...
- Fu G, Xu Q, Qiu Y, Jin X, Xu T, Dong S, et al. Suppression of Th17 cell differentiation by misshapen/NIK-related kinase MINK1. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1453-1469 pubmed publisherT helper type 17 cells (Th17 cells) are major contributors to many autoimmune diseases...
- Qiu S, Fan X, Yang Y, Dong P, Zhou W, Xu Y, et al. Schistosoma japonicum infection downregulates house dust mite-induced allergic airway inflammation in mice. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179565 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, it is the first study to reveal the impact of S. japonicum infection on house dust mite induced severe asthma. More in depth investigation is need to elucidate the underlying mechanisms. ..
- Colliou N, Ge Y, Sahay B, Gong M, Zadeh M, Owen J, et al. Commensal Propionibacterium strain UF1 mitigates intestinal inflammation via Th17 cell regulation. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3970-3986 pubmed publisher..mice conferred protection against pathogen infection and correlated with profound increases in intestinal Th17 cells. The induction of Th17 cells was dependent on bacterial dihydrolipoamide acetyltransferase (DlaT), a major ..
- Lee Y, Landuyt A, Lobionda S, Sittipo P, Zhao Q, Maynard C. TCR-independent functions of Th17 cells mediated by the synergistic actions of cytokines of the IL-12 and IL-1 families. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186351 pubmed publisherThe development of Th17 cells is accompanied by the acquisition of responsiveness to both IL-12 and IL-23, cytokines with established roles in the development and/or function of Th1 and Th17 cells, respectively...
- Califano D, Sweeney K, Le H, VanValkenburgh J, Yager E, O Connor W, et al. Diverting T helper cell trafficking through increased plasticity attenuates autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:174-87 pubmed publisher..Here, we used an EAE model and found that Th17 cells deficient in the transcription factor BCL11B upregulated the Th2-associated proteins GATA3 and IL-4 without ..
- Zhao J, Chen W, Huang X, Peng S, Zhu T, Deng Z, et al. Serum Th1 and Th17 related cytokines and autoantibodies in patients with Posner-Schlossman syndrome. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175519 pubmed publisher..09). These results suggest that anti-dsDNA may contribute to the pathogenesis of PSS, while Th1 and Th17 related cytokines and other autoantibodies may not be major contributors to PSS. ..
- Wang K, Dong H, Qi Y, Pei Z, Yi S, Yang X, et al. Lactobacillus casei regulates differentiation of Th17/Treg cells to reduce intestinal inflammation in mice. Can J Vet Res. 2017;81:122-128 pubmed..T-regulatory cells (Tregs) and CD4+IL-17A+ Th17 cells in the mesenteric lymph nodes (MLN) and spleen were detected using flow cytometry, and quantitative reverse ..
- Cortes Perez N, Lozano Ojalvo D, Maiga M, Hazebrouck S, Adel Patient K. Intragastric administration of Lactobacillus casei BL23 induces regulatory FoxP3+ROR?t+ T cells subset in mice. Benef Microbes. 2017;8:433-438 pubmed publisher..a specific subset of CD4+FoxP3+ Treg cells that also express ROR?t+, the specific transcription factor of Th17 cells. This new type of regulatory T cells, called type 3 Treg, displays suppressive function during intestinal ..
- Bernatchez E, Langlois A, Brassard J, Flamand N, Marsolais D, Blanchet M. Hypersensitivity pneumonitis onset and severity is regulated by CD103 dendritic cell expression. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179678 pubmed publisher..All in all, we demonstrate that CD103 expression by dendritic cells, but not T cells, is crucial for homeostasis maintenance and the regulation of the TH17 airway inflammatory response in hypersensitivity pneumonitis. ..
- Yan J, Li Y, Yang H, Zhang L, Yang B, Wang M, et al. Interleukin-17A participates in podocyte injury by inducing IL-1Î² secretion through ROS-NLRP3 inflammasome-caspase-1 pathway. Scand J Immunol. 2018;87:e12645 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results suggest that IL-17A induces podocyte injury by activating the NLRP3 inflammasome and IL-1Î² secretion and contributes to disruption of the kidney's filtration system. ..
- Restorick S, Durant L, Kalra S, Hassan Smith G, Rathbone E, Douglas M, et al. CCR6+ Th cells in the cerebrospinal fluid of persons with multiple sclerosis are dominated by pathogenic non-classic Th1 cells and GM-CSF-only-secreting Th cells. Brain Behav Immun. 2017;64:71-79 pubmed publisher..CCR6 expression by Th17 cells allows their migration across the choroid plexus into the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), where they are involved in ..
- Bakos E, Thaiss C, Kramer M, Cohen S, Radomir L, Orr I, et al. CCR2 Regulates the Immune Response by Modulating the Interconversion and Function of Effector and Regulatory T Cells. J Immunol. 2017;198:4659-4671 pubmed publisher..promoted a program inducing the accumulation of Foxp3+ regulatory T cells, while decreasing the levels of Th17 cells in vivo, indicating that CCR2 regulates the immune response by modulating the effector/regulatory T ratio.
- He Z, Ma J, Wang R, Zhang J, Huang Z, Wang F, et al. A two-amino-acid substitution in the transcription factor RORÎ³t disrupts its function in TH17 differentiation but not in thymocyte development. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:1128-1138 pubmed publisher..This study will inform the development of treatments that selectively target TH17 cell-mediated autoimmunity but do not affect thymocyte development or induce lymphoma. ..
- Moret F, Hack C, van der Wurff Jacobs K, de Jager W, Radstake T, Lafeber F, et al. Intra-articular CD1c-expressing myeloid dendritic cells from rheumatoid arthritis patients express a unique set of T cell-attracting chemokines and spontaneously induce Th1, Th17 and Th2 cell activity. Arthritis Res Ther. 2013;15:R155 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that increased numbers of CD1c+?mDCs in SF are involved in the inflammatory cascade intra-articularly by the secretion of specific T cell-attracting chemokines and the activation of self-reactive T cells. ..
- Jia R, Hashizume Takizawa T, Du Y, Yamamoto M, Kurita Ochiai T. Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans induces Th17 cells in atherosclerotic lesions. Pathog Dis. 2015;73: pubmed publisherb>Th17 cells have been linked to the pathogenesis of several chronic inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. However, the role of Th17 cells and IL-17 in atherosclerosis remains poorly understood...
- Garbers C, Rose John S. The balance between Treg and TH17 cells: CD11b and interleukin-6. Eur J Immunol. 2017;47:629-632 pubmed publisher..The authors further characterize this disease with an increase of leukocyte infiltration and enhanced TH17 differentiation...
- Li X, Su Y, Hua X, Xie C, Liu J, Huang Y, et al. Levels of hepatic Th17 cells and regulatory T cells upregulated by hepatic stellate cells in advanced HBV-related liver fibrosis. J Transl Med. 2017;15:75 pubmed publisher..Liver tissues at least 3 cm away from the tumor site were used for the analyses. Levels of Th17 cells and regulatory T cells were detected by flow cytometry analysis and immunohistochemistry...
- Li J, Doty A, Tang Y, Berrie D, Iqbal A, Tan S, et al. Enrichment of IL-17A+ IFN-?+ and IL-22+ IFN-?+ T cell subsets is associated with reduction of NKp44+ ILC3s in the terminal ileum of Crohn's disease patients. Clin Exp Immunol. 2017;190:143-153 pubmed publisher..This might suggest a potential link between NKp44+ ILC3s and the IL-17A+ IFN-?+ and IL-22+ IFN-?+ T cell subsets in the terminal ileum of CD patients. ..
- Okada S. CMCD: Chronic Mucocutaneous Candidiasis Disease. Nihon Rinsho Meneki Gakkai Kaishi. 2017;40:109-117 pubmed publisher..b>Th17 cells produce interleukin-17 (IL-17) and play an important role in host mucosal immunity to Candida...
- Movassagh H, Shan L, Duke Cohan J, Halayko A, Uzonna J, Gounni A. Semaphorin 3E Alleviates Hallmarks of House Dust Mite-Induced Allergic Airway Disease. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:1566-1576 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data represent a novel approach to treating allergic asthma via regulation of immune response to house dust mite. ..
- Konkel J, Zhang D, Zanvit P, Chia C, Zangarle Murray T, Jin W, et al. Transforming Growth Factor-? Signaling in Regulatory T Cells Controls T Helper-17 Cells and Tissue-Specific Immune Responses. Immunity. 2017;46:660-674 pubmed publisher..However, Treg cells require TGF-? signals to appropriately dampen Th17 cells and regulate responses in the gastrointestinal tract...
- Ke L, Wang F, Luo Y. [Effects of vasoactive intestinal peptide on airway inflammation and Th17/Treg balance in asthmatic mice]. Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi. 2017;19:699-704 pubmed..05). The Th17/Treg imbalance may be closely related to the airway inflammation in asthmatic mice. VIP can improve airway inflammation by regulating the Th17/Treg imbalance in asthmatic mice. ..
- Levine A, Mendoza A, Hemmers S, Moltedo B, Niec R, Schizas M, et al. Stability and function of regulatory T cells expressing the transcription factor T-bet. Nature. 2017;546:421-425 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that T-bet+ Treg cells have an essential immunosuppressive function and indicate that Treg cell functional heterogeneity is a critical feature of immunological tolerance. ..
- Xie Z, Chen J, Zheng C, Wu J, Cheng Y, Zhu S, et al. 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 -induced dendritic cells suppress experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis by increasing proportions of the regulatory lymphocytes and reducing T helper type 1 and type 17 cells. Immunology. 2017;152:414-424 pubmed publisher..We found that VD3 -DCs inhibited the infiltrations of T helper type 1 (Th1) and Th17 cells into spinal cord and increased the proportions of regulatory T cells (CD4+ CD25+ Foxp3..
- Chen Y, Chauhan S, Shao C, Omoto M, Inomata T, Dana R. IFN-?-Expressing Th17 Cells Are Required for Development of Severe Ocular Surface Autoimmunity. J Immunol. 2017;199:1163-1169 pubmed publisherb>Th17 cells are critical effectors mediating the ocular surface autoimmunity in dry eye disease (DED). Increased IFN-? has also been implicated in DED; however, it remains unclear to what extent Th1 cells contribute to DED pathogenesis...
- Cho K, Park M, Kim Y, Woo S. Th17 cell-mediated immune responses promote mast cell proliferation by triggering stem cell factor in keratinocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;487:856-861 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results revealed that the Th17-mediated inflammatory environment promotes mast cell accumulation through keratinocyte-derived SCF. ..
- Zhang H, Yue R, Zhao P, Yu X, Li J, Ma G, et al. Proinflammatory follicular helper T cells promote immunoglobulin G secretion, suppress regulatory B cell development, and correlate with worse clinical outcomes in gastric cancer. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317705747 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that dysregulation of follicular helper T subsets in gastric cancer patients, characterized by increased Th1-follicular helper T cells, contributed to inflammation and tumor development...
- Park J, Jeong J, Byun J, Lim M, Kim E, Kim S, et al. Regulator of Calcineurin 3 Ameliorates Autoimmune Arthritis by Suppressing Th17 Cell Differentiation. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:2034-2045 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that RCAN3 may be an effective treatment for rheumatoid arthritis. ..
- Essig K, Hu D, Guimaraes J, Alterauge D, Edelmann S, Raj T, et al. Roquin Suppresses the PI3K-mTOR Signaling Pathway to Inhibit T Helper Cell Differentiation and Conversion of Treg to Tfr Cells. Immunity. 2017;47:1067-1082.e12 pubmed publisher..Thereby, Roquin-mediated control of PI3K-mTOR signaling prevents autoimmunity by restraining activation and differentiation of conventional TÂ cells and specialization of Treg cells. ..
- Moon Y, Yoon B, Her Y, Oh H, Lee J, Kim K, et al. IL-32 and IL-17 interact and have the potential to aggravate osteoclastogenesis in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2012;14:R246 pubmed publisher..Separately, IL-17 and IL-32 each stimulated osteoclastogenesis without RANKL. Together, the two cytokines synergistically amplified the differentiation of osteoclasts, independent of RANKL stimulation. ..
- Zwicker S, Hattinger E, Bureik D, Batycka Baran A, Schmidt A, Gerber P, et al. Th17 micro-milieu regulates NLRP1-dependent caspase-5 activity in skin autoinflammation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175153 pubmed publisher..Our data link the disease-intrinsic danger signals psoriasin (S100A7) and dsDNA for NLPR1-dependent caspase-5 activity in psoriasis providing potential therapeutic targets in Th17-mediated skin autoinflammation. ..
- Herold M, Breuer J, Hucke S, Knolle P, Schwab N, Wiendl H, et al. Liver X receptor activation promotes differentiation of regulatory T cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184985 pubmed publisher..Our data thus point towards a dual role of LXR-mediated control of inflammation by suppression of pro-inflammatory T cells and reciprocal induction of regulatory T cells. ..