Genomes and Genes
Summary: Cells lining the saclike dilatations known as acini of various glands or the lungs.
- Milberg O, Shitara A, Ebrahim S, Masedunskas A, Tora M, Tran D, et al. Concerted actions of distinct nonmuscle myosin II isoforms drive intracellular membrane remodeling in live animals. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:1925-1936 pubmed publisher..Our data support a dual role for the actomyosin cytoskeleton in providing the mechanical forces required to remodel the lipid bilayer and serving as a scaffold to recruit key regulatory molecules. ..
- Storz P. Acinar cell plasticity and development of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017;14:296-304 pubmed publisherb>Acinar cells in the adult pancreas show high plasticity and can undergo transdifferentiation to a progenitor-like cell type with ductal characteristics...
- Emmerson E, May A, Nathan S, Cruz Pacheco N, Lizama C, Maliskova L, et al. SOX2 regulates acinar cell development in the salivary gland. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisherb>Acinar cells play an essential role in the secretory function of exocrine organs. Despite this requirement, how acinar cells are generated during organogenesis is unclear...
- Zeng M, Szymczak M, Ahuja M, Zheng C, Yin H, Swaim W, et al. Restoration of CFTR Activity in Ducts Rescues Acinar Cell Function and Reduces Inflammation in Pancreatic and Salivary Glands of Mice. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:1148-1159 pubmed publisher..Glandular, ductal, and acinar cells damage, infiltration, immune cells and function were measured in vivo and in isolated duct/acini...
- Ding L, Liou G, Schmitt D, Storz P, Zhang J, Billadeau D. Glycogen synthase kinase-3? ablation limits pancreatitis-induced acinar-to-ductal metaplasia. J Pathol. 2017;243:65-77 pubmed publisher..We show that GSK-3? promotes TGF-?-induced ADM in 3D cultured primary acinar cells, whereas deletion of GSK-3? attenuates caerulein-induced ADM formation and PanIN progression in KrasG12DTodoric J, Antonucci L, Di Caro G, Li N, Wu X, Lytle N, et al. Stress-Activated NRF2-MDM2 Cascade Controls Neoplastic Progression in Pancreas. Cancer Cell. 2017;32:824-839.e8 pubmed publisher..We show that accumulation of the autophagy substrate p62/SQSTM1 in stressed KrasG12D acinar cells is associated with PDAC development and maintenance of malignancy in human cells and mice...