Genomes and Genes
endoplasmic reticulum stress
Summary: Various physiological or molecular disturbances that impair ENDOPLASMIC RETICULUM function. It triggers many responses, including UNFOLDED PROTEIN RESPONSE, which may lead to APOPTOSIS; and AUTOPHAGY.
Publications109 found, 100 shown here
- Espada S, Stavik B, Holm S, Sagen E, Bjerkeli V, Skjelland M, et al. Tissue factor pathway inhibitor attenuates ER stress-induced inflammation in human M2-polarized macrophages. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:442-448 pubmed publisher..These mechanisms may have implications for the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. ..
- Ahmed Q, Manzoor S, Tariq M, Khalid M, Ashraf W, Parvaiz F, et al. Hepatitis C virus infection in vitro triggers endoplasmic reticulum stress and downregulates insulin receptor substrates 1 and 2 through upregulation of cytokine signaling suppressor 3. Acta Virol. 2014;58:238-44 pubmed..Altogether these findings indicate that the HCV infection induces ER stress and IR in Huh-7 cells in vitro. ..
- Genovese G, Carugo A, TEPPER J, Robinson F, Li L, Svelto M, et al. Synthetic vulnerabilities of mesenchymal subpopulations in pancreatic cancer. Nature. 2017;542:362-366 pubmed publisher..These molecular and biological insights inform a potential therapeutic strategy for targeting aggressive mesenchymal features of PDAC. ..
- Kwak G, Kim H. MsrB3 deficiency induces cancer cell apoptosis through p53-independent and ER stress-dependent pathways. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2017;621:1-5 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that MsrB3 plays a critical role in cancer cell apoptosis through the modulation of ER stress status. ..
- Jo S, Koo B, Lee B, Kwon E, Lee Y, Chung H, et al. A novel role for bone-derived cells in ankylosing spondylitis: Focus on IL-23. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:787-793 pubmed publisher..These finding may provide a molecular mechanism involved in sustained ER stress in AS BdCs stimulates the activation of RUNX2 and C/EBP? genes, leading to IL-23 production. ..
- Mullan L, Mularczyk E, Kung L, Forouhan M, Wragg J, Goodacre R, et al. Increased intracellular proteolysis reduces disease severity in an ER stress-associated dwarfism. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3861-3865 pubmed publisher..Stimulation of intracellular proteolysis using CBZ treatment may therefore be a clinically viable way of treating the ER stress-associated dwarfism MCDS. ..
- Mak S, Yu C, Sun W, He G, Liu X, Yang Q. Tetramethylpyrazine suppresses angiotensin II-induced soluble epoxide hydrolase expression in coronary endothelium via anti-ER stress mechanism. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;336:84-93 pubmed publisher..TMP has potent anti-ER stress capacity through which TMP normalizes sEH expression and confers protective effect against Ang-II on endothelial function of coronary arteries. ..
- Yen J, Wu P, Chen S, Wu M. Fisetin Protects PC12 Cells from Tunicamycin-Mediated Cell Death via Reactive Oxygen Species Scavenging and Modulation of Nrf2-Driven Gene Expression, SIRT1 and MAPK Signaling in PC12 Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this result shows that fisetin activates Nrf2, MAPK and SIRT1, which may elicit adaptive cellular stress response pathways so as to protect cells from Tm-induced cytotoxicity. ..
- Tadros S, Shukla S, King R, Gunda V, Vernucci E, Abrego J, et al. De Novo Lipid Synthesis Facilitates Gemcitabine Resistance through Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress in Pancreatic Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5503-5517 pubmed publisher..Altogether, we demonstrate that fatty acid biosynthesis pathway manipulation can help overcome the gemcitabine resistance in pancreatic cancer by regulating ER stress and stemness. Cancer Res; 77(20); 5503-17. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Li J, Zhang L, Xia Q, Fu J, Zhou Z, Lin F. Hedgehog signaling inhibitor GANT61 induces endoplasmic reticulum stress-mediated protective autophagy in hepatic stellate cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:487-493 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results demonstrate that simultaneous inhibition of Hh signaling and autophagy or ER stress could be a better way to reduce activated HSCs. ..
- Martín Aragón Baudel M, Rae M, Darlison M, Poole A, Fraser J. Preferential activation of HIF-2? adaptive signalling in neuronal-like cells in response to acute hypoxia. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185664 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest the HIF-2? pathway predominates over HIF-1? signalling in neuronal-like cells following acute hypoxia...
- Zezina E, Snodgrass R, Schreiber Y, Zukunft S, Schürmann C, Heringdorf D, et al. Mitochondrial fragmentation in human macrophages attenuates palmitate-induced inflammatory responses. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Biol Lipids. 2018;1863:433-446 pubmed publisher..Palmitate-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress and loss of mitochondrial membrane potential did not contribute to mitochondrial fragmentation...
- Bao Q, Zhao M, Chen L, Wang Y, Wu S, Wu W, et al. MicroRNA-297 promotes cardiomyocyte hypertrophy via targeting sigma-1 receptor. Life Sci. 2017;175:1-10 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that miR-297 promotes cardiomyocyte hypertrophy by inhibiting the expression of Sig-1R and activation of ER stress signaling, which provides a novel interpretation for cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Wang Q, Wang H, Jia Y, Pan H, Ding H. Luteolin induces apoptosis by ROS/ER stress and mitochondrial dysfunction in gliomablastoma. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2017;79:1031-1041 pubmed publisher..Luteolin induced a lethal endoplasmic reticulum stress response and mitochondrial dysfunction in glioblastoma cells by increasing intracellular reactive ..
- Dong Y, Kalueff A, Song C. N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor-mediated calcium overload and endoplasmic reticulum stress are involved in interleukin-1beta-induced neuronal apoptosis in rat hippocampus. J Neuroimmunol. 2017;307:7-13 pubmed publisher..In summary, these results suggest that IL-1? may disturb intracellular Ca2+ homeostasis via NMDAR-mediated mechanism, thereby triggering neuronal apoptosis by enhancing ER stress. ..
- Sopha P, Ren H, Grove D, Cyr D. Endoplasmic reticulum stress-induced degradation of DNAJB12 stimulates BOK accumulation and primes cancer cells for apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:11792-11803 pubmed publisher..In summary, JB12 is a stress-sensitive Hsp40 whose degradation during severe ER stress provides a mechanism to promote BOK accumulation and induction of apoptosis. ..
- Duan H, Li Y, Arora D, Xu D, Lim H, Wang W. Discovery of a Benzamide Derivative That Protects Pancreatic ?-Cells against Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress. J Med Chem. 2017;60:6191-6204 pubmed publisher..Identification of ?-cell-protective small molecules against ER stress provides a new promising modality for the treatment of diabetes. ..
- Liu Z, Wang Y, Wang Y, Dong W, Xia X, Song E, et al. Effect of Subcellular Translocation of Protein Disulfide Isomerase on Tetrachlorobenzoquinone-Induced Signaling Shift from Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress to Apoptosis. Chem Res Toxicol. 2017;30:1804-1814 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggested that subcellular translocation of PDIs determined the "life or death" fate of PC12 cells to TCBQ-induced oxidative insult. ..
- Marroquí L, Masini M, Merino B, Grieco F, Millard I, Dubois C, et al. Pancreatic ? Cells are Resistant to Metabolic Stress-induced Apoptosis in Type 2 Diabetes. EBioMedicine. 2015;2:378-85 pubmed publisher..Mechanistic experiments indicate that this ? cell resistance to palmitate-induced apoptosis is explained, at least in part, by abundant expression of the anti-apoptotic protein Bcl2l1 (also known as Bcl-xL). ..
- Kuo C, Lin C, Hsu T. VHL Inactivation in Precancerous Kidney Cells Induces an Inflammatory Response via ER Stress-Activated IRE1Î± Signaling. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3406-3416 pubmed publisher..Such cancer prevention strategy may be critical for high-risk cohorts such as the familial VHL disease patients. Cancer Res; 77(13); 3406-16. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Kim E, Sakata K, Liao F. Bidirectional interplay of HSF1 degradation and UPR activation promotes tau hyperphosphorylation. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006849 pubmed publisher..Our work reveals how the bidirectional crosstalk between the two stress response systems promotes early tau pathology and identifies HSF1 being one likely key player in both systems. ..
- Liu M, Du L, He Z, Yan L, Shi Y, Shang J, et al. Increased ERp57 Expression in HBV-Related Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Possible Correlation and Prognosis. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:1252647 pubmed publisheri>Aim. ERp57 is involved in virus induced endoplasmic reticulum stress (ERS) and plays an important role in tumorigenesis...
- Lenzen S. Chemistry and biology of reactive species with special reference to the antioxidative defence status in pancreatic ?-cells. Biochim Biophys Acta Gen Subj. 2017;1861:1929-1942 pubmed publisher..The weak protection of the pancreatic ?-cells against oxidative stress is a major reason for their particular vulnerability. Thus, careful protection of the ?-cells is required for prevention of the disease. ..
- Cao J, Peng J, An H, He Q, Boronina T, Guo S, et al. Endotoxemia-mediated activation of acetyltransferase P300 impairs insulin signaling in obesity. Nat Commun. 2017;8:131 pubmed publisher..P300 acetylates IRS1/2 and inhibits its binding with the insulin receptor. The consequent impairment of insulin signaling can be rescued by pharmacological inhibition of P300. ..
- Yang C, Lim W, Bazer F, Song G. Myricetin suppresses invasion and promotes cell death in human placental choriocarcinoma cells through induction of oxidative stress. Cancer Lett. 2017;399:10-19 pubmed publisher..Collectively, results of the present study provide strong evidence for the potential of myricetin to be an effective therapeutic for the prevention of human placental choriocarcinomas. ..
- Nakagawa H, Hazama K, Ishida K, Komori M, Nishimura K, Matsuo S. Inhibition of PLD1 activity causes ER stress via regulation of COPII vesicle formation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:895-900 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that PLD1 activity regulates COPII vesicle transport from the ER to the Golgi apparatus by regulating Sec13/31 recruitment from the cytosol to the ER membrane during COPII vesicle formation. ..
- Bai M, Vozdek R, HnÃzda A, Jiang C, Wang B, Kuchar L, et al. Conserved roles of C. elegans and human MANFs in sulfatide binding and cytoprotection. Nat Commun. 2018;9:897 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate conserved roles of MANF in sulfatide binding and ER stress response, supporting sulfatide as a long-sought lipid mediator of MANF's cytoprotection. ..
- Santulli G, Pagano G, Sardu C, Xie W, Reiken S, D Ascia S, et al. Calcium release channel RyR2 regulates insulin release and glucose homeostasis. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:1968-78 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that RyR2 channels play a crucial role in the regulation of insulin secretion and glucose homeostasis. ..
- Takata T, Ihara H, Hatano N, Tsuchiya Y, Akaike T, Watanabe Y. Reactive sulfur species inactivate Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase IV via S-polysulfidation of its active-site cysteine residue. Biochem J. 2017;474:2547-2562 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data define a novel signaling function for intracellular RSS in inhibiting CaMKIV activity via S-polysulfidation of its Cys198 during the response to ER stress. ..
- Liu W, Wu I, Lee Y, Lin C, Cheng J, Lin Y, et al. Hepatocellular carcinoma-associated single-nucleotide variants and deletions identified by the use of genome-wide high-throughput analysis of hepatitis B virus. J Pathol. 2017;243:176-192 pubmed publisher..Their carcinogenic mechanisms are worthy of further research. Copyright © 2017 Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Wu H, Ng B, Thibault G. Endoplasmic reticulum stress response in yeast and humans. Biosci Rep. 2014;34: pubmed publisher..The contribution of solved protein structures to a better understanding of the UPR pathway is discussed. Finally, we cover the interplay of ER stress in the development of diseases. ..
- Sozen E, Ozer N. Impact of high cholesterol and endoplasmic reticulum stress on metabolic diseases: An updated mini-review. Redox Biol. 2017;12:456-461 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will summarize the crucial effects of hypercholesterolemia and ER stress response in the pathogenesis of CVDs, NAFLD/NASH, diabetes and obesity which are major health problems in western countries. ..
- Ojha R, Amaravadi R. Targeting the unfolded protein response in cancer. Pharmacol Res. 2017;120:258-266 pubmed publisher..Here we present an overview of the milestones in the field of UPR biology in cancer with a focus on new strategies for pharmacological inhibition. ..
- Wang Y, Xuan L, Cui X, Wang Y, Chen S, Wei C, et al. Ibutilide treatment protects against ER stress induced apoptosis by regulating calumenin expression in tunicamycin treated cardiomyocytes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0173469 pubmed publisher..This study provides further evidence for the role of calumenin in the cardiomyocyte ER stress response. ..
- Gupta D, Jetton T, LaRock K, Monga N, Satish B, Lausier J, et al. Temporal characterization of ? cell-adaptive and -maladaptive mechanisms during chronic high-fat feeding in C57BL/6NTac mice. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:12449-12459 pubmed publisher..This was followed by activation of the unfolded protein response at 8 weeks and overt ? cell endoplasmic reticulum stress at 12-16 weeks...
- Bischoff F, Werner A, John D, Boeckel J, Melissari M, Grote P, et al. Identification and Functional Characterization of Hypoxia-Induced Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress Regulating lncRNA (HypERlnc) in Pericytes. Circ Res. 2017;121:368-375 pubmed publisher..Here, we investigate the effect of hypoxia-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress regulating long noncoding RNAs (HypERlnc, also known as ENSG00000262454) on pericyte function in vitro ..
- Shimizu T, Kamel W, Yamaguchi Iwai S, Fukuchi Y, Muto A, Saya H. Calcitriol exerts an anti-tumor effect in osteosarcoma by inducing the endoplasmic reticulum stress response. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:1793-1802 pubmed publisher..In addition, our results show that calcitriol could still be safely administered to osteosarcoma patients for its original purposes, including treatment of osteoporosis. ..
- Qureshi M, Haynes C, Pellegrino M. The mitochondrial unfolded protein response: Signaling from the powerhouse. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13500-13506 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we will explore the current repertoire of biological functions that are associated with this essential stress-response pathway. ..
- Zhuge W, Chen R, Vladimir K, Dong X, Zia K, Sun X, et al. Costunolide specifically binds and inhibits thioredoxin reductase 1 to induce apoptosis in colon cancer. Cancer Lett. 2018;412:46-58 pubmed publisher..and inhibits the activity of TrxR1, which caused enhanced generation of ROS and led to ROS-dependent endoplasmic reticulum stress and cell apoptosis in colon cancer cells...
- Oh J, Riek A, Darwech I, Funai K, Shao J, Chin K, et al. Deletion of macrophage Vitamin D receptor promotes insulin resistance and monocyte cholesterol transport to accelerate atherosclerosis in mice. Cell Rep. 2015;10:1872-86 pubmed..The immunomodulatory effects of vitamin D in macrophages are thus critical in diet-induced insulin resistance and atherosclerosis in mice. ..
- Minchenko D, Riabovol O, Ratushna O, Minchenko O. Hypoxic regulation of the expression of genes encoded estrogen related proteins in U87 glioma cells: eff ect of IRE1 inhibition. Endocr Regul. 2017;51:8-19 pubmed publisherThe aim of the present study was to examine the effect of inhibition of endoplasmic reticulum stress signaling, mediated by IRE1 (inositol requiring enzyme 1), which is a central mediator of the unfolded protein response on the expression ..
- Jang J, Park K, Lee J, Ko K, Kang S, Kim I. Selenoprotein S is required for clearance of C99 through endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;486:444-450 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SelS is required for C99 degradation through ERAD, resulting in inhibition of A? production. ..
- Qiao Q, Sun C, Han C, Han N, Zhang M, Li G. Endoplasmic reticulum stress pathway PERK-eIF2? confers radioresistance in oropharyngeal carcinoma by activating NF-?B. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:1421-1431 pubmed publisherb>Endoplasmic reticulum stress (ERS) plays an important role in the pathogenesis and development of malignant tumors, as well as in the regulation of radiochemoresistance and chemoresistance in many malignancies...
- Quan Y, Song Q, Wang J, Zhao L, Lv J, Gong S. MiR-1202 functions as a tumor suppressor in glioma cells by targeting Rab1A. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317697565 pubmed publisher..In vitro, overexpression of miR-1202 inhibited glioma cell proliferation and induced endoplasmic reticulum stress and apoptosis through targeting Rab1A, whereas suppression of miR-1202 promoted cell proliferation and ..
- Engin A. The Pathogenesis of Obesity-Associated Adipose Tissue Inflammation. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;960:221-245 pubmed publisher..In this chapter potential involvement of these factors that contribute to the adverse effects of obesity are reviewed. ..
- Ranjan A, German N, Mikelis C, Srivenugopal K, Srivastava S. Penfluridol induces endoplasmic reticulum stress leading to autophagy in pancreatic cancer. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317705517 pubmed publisher..Several studies have established that endoplasmic reticulum stress could lead to autophagy and inhibit tumor progression...
- Olou A, Sarkar A, Bele A, Gurumurthy C, Mir R, Ammons S, et al. Mammalian ECD Protein Is a Novel Negative Regulator of the PERK Arm of the Unfolded Protein Response. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data demonstrate that ECD promotes survival upon ER stress by increasing GRP78 protein levels to enhance the adaptive folding protein in the ER to attenuate PERK signaling. ..
- Shinjo S, Jiang S, Nameta M, Suzuki T, Kanai M, Nomura Y, et al. Disruption of the mitochondria-associated ER membrane (MAM) plays a central role in palmitic acid-induced insulin resistance. Exp Cell Res. 2017;359:86-93 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that loss of proximity between ER and mitochondria, but not perturbation of homeostasis in the two organelles individually, plays crucial roles in PA-evoked Akt inactivation in hepatic insulin resistance. ..
- Roy G, Zhang S, Li L, Higham E, Wu H, Marelli M, et al. Development of a fluorescent reporter system for monitoring ER stress in Chinese hamster ovary cells and its application for therapeutic protein production. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183694 pubmed publisher..This reporter system, with its ability to monitor the stress involved in recombinant protein expression, has utility to assist in devising engineering strategies for improved production of biotherapeutic drugs. ..
- Xue J, Li R, Zhao X, Ma C, Lv X, Liu L, et al. Morusin induces paraptosis-like cell death through mitochondrial calcium overload and dysfunction in epithelial ovarian cancer. Chem Biol Interact. 2018;283:59-74 pubmed publisher..This study may provide alternative therapeutic strategies for EOC exhibiting resistance to apoptosis. ..
- French S, Masouminia M, Samadzadeh S, Tillman B, Mendoza A, French B. Role of Protein Quality Control Failure in Alcoholic Hepatitis Pathogenesis. Biomolecules. 2017;7: pubmed publisher..The pathogenesis of AH is due to the failure of protein quality control, which causes balloon-cell change with MDB formation and ER stress. ..
- Cosenza M, Civallero M, Marcheselli L, Sacchi S, Pozzi S. Ricolinostat, a selective HDAC6 inhibitor, shows anti-lymphoma cell activity alone and in combination with bendamustine. Apoptosis. 2017;22:827-840 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that ricolinostat in combination with bendamustine may be a novel combination with potential for use as an antitumor agent in lymphoma. ..
- Li M, Zhang S, Qiu Y, He Y, Chen B, Mao R, et al. Upregulation of miR-665 promotes apoptosis and colitis in inflammatory bowel disease by repressing the endoplasmic reticulum stress components XBP1 and ORMDL3. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2699 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings reveal a new regulatory mechanism for ER stress signaling and suggest that miR-665 might be a potential target in IBD therapy. ..
- De Franco E, Flanagan S, Yagi T, Abreu D, Mahadevan J, Johnson M, et al. Dominant ER Stress-Inducing WFS1 Mutations Underlie a Genetic Syndrome of Neonatal/Infancy-Onset Diabetes, Congenital Sensorineural Deafness, and Congenital Cataracts. Diabetes. 2017;66:2044-2053 pubmed publisher..the known recessive Wolfram syndrome-causing mutations, as they tend to aggregate and induce robust endoplasmic reticulum stress. Our results establish specific dominant WFS1 mutations as a cause of a novel syndrome including ..
- Liu Y, Pan X, Li S, Yu Y, Chen J, Yin J, et al. Endoplasmic reticulum stress restrains hepatocyte growth factor expression in hepatic stellate cells and rat acute liver failure model. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;277:43-54 pubmed publisher..ER stress regulates HGF expression in vitro and in vivo, which depends on eIf2? pathway. Reduction in liver damage of ALF by 4-PBA is associated with attenuation of ER stress and maintaining HGF production. ..
- De Leo A, Chen H, Hu C, Lieberman P. Deregulation of KSHV latency conformation by ER-stress and caspase-dependent RAD21-cleavage. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006596 pubmed publisher..Our studies also suggest that RAD21 cleavage may be a general regulatory mechanism for rapid alteration of cellular chromosome conformation and cohesin-dependent transcription regulation. ..
- Choi J, Kobayashi H, Okuda H, Harada K, Takeda M, Fujimoto H, et al. Î²-cell-specific overexpression of adiponectin receptor 1 does not improve diabetes mellitus in Akita mice. PLoS ONE. 2018;13:e0190863 pubmed publisher..Therefore, although the physiological levels of adiponectin are sufficient to activate AMPK and Akt when AdipoR1 is overexpressed in Î²-cells, yet adiponectin cannot protect Î²-cells in Akita mice from ER stress-induced destruction. ..
- Rani S, Sreenivasaiah P, Kim J, Lee M, Kang W, Kim Y, et al. Tauroursodeoxycholic acid (TUDCA) attenuates pressure overload-induced cardiac remodeling by reducing endoplasmic reticulum stress. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176071 pubmed publisher..Apoptosis and fibrosis signaling initiated by the endoplasmic reticulum stress (ERS) is known to contribute to these maladaptive effects...
- Pisanu M, Noto A, De Vitis C, Morrone S, Scognamiglio G, Botti G, et al. Blockade of Stearoyl-CoA-desaturase 1 activity reverts resistance to cisplatin in lung cancer stem cells. Cancer Lett. 2017;406:93-104 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, SCD1 inhibition activates endoplasmic reticulum stress response and enhances autophagy...
- Song Y, Hogstrand C, Wei C, Wu K, Pan Y, Luo Z. Endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress and cAMP/PKA pathway mediated Zn-induced hepatic lipolysis. Environ Pollut. 2017;228:256-264 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings highlight the importance of the ER stress-cAMP/PKA axis in Zn-induced lipolysis, which provides new insights into Zn toxicology in fish and probably in other vertebrates. ..
- Jegal K, Park S, Cho S, Byun S, Ku S, Kim S, et al. Activating transcription factor 6-dependent sestrin 2 induction ameliorates ER stress-mediated liver injury. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 2017;1864:1295-1307 pubmed publisher..These results suggest ATF6 is essential for ER stress-mediated SESN2 induction, and that SESN2 acts as a feedback regulator to protect liver from excess ER stress. ..
- Zheng X, Xu F, Liang H, Cao H, Cai M, Xu W, et al. SIRT1/HSF1/HSP pathway is essential for exenatide-alleviated, lipid-induced hepatic endoplasmic reticulum stress. Hepatology. 2017;66:809-824 pubmed publisher..Hepatology 2017;66:809-824). ..
- Park J, Kim M, Oh J. Effects of bevacizumab on endoplasmic reticulum stress in hypoxic retinal pigment epithelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179048 pubmed publisher..However, the effects of bevacizumab on RPE cells under experimental conditions are unlikely to be clinically equivalent to those in the human eye. ..
- Rashid K, Chowdhury S, Ghosh S, Sil P. Curcumin attenuates oxidative stress induced NF?B mediated inflammation and endoplasmic reticulum dependent apoptosis of splenocytes in diabetes. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;143:140-155 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that curcumin has the potential to act as an anti-diabetic, anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-apoptotic therapeutic against diabetes mediated splenic damage. ..
- Vincenz Donnelly L, Hipp M. The endoplasmic reticulum: A hub of protein quality control in health and disease. Free Radic Biol Med. 2017;108:383-393 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe the components of the ERQC machinery, investigate their response to different forms of stress, and discuss the consequences of ERQC break-down. ..
- Kwak H, Yang D, Hwang Y, Jun H, Cheon H. Baicalein protects rat insulinoma INS-1 cells from palmitate-induced lipotoxicity by inducing HO-1. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176432 pubmed publisher..Baicalein protects pancreatic ?-cells from PA-induced ER stress and inflammation via an ERK-HO-1 dependent pathway. The authors suggest HO-1 induction in pancreatic ?-cells appears to be a promising therapeutic strategy for T2D. ..
- Zhong J, Yu J, Wang H, Shi Y, Zhao T, He B, et al. Effects of endoplasmic reticulum stress on the autophagy, apoptosis, and chemotherapy resistance of human breast cancer cells by regulating the PI3K/AKT/mTOR signaling pathway. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317697562 pubmed publisher..This study aims to explore the effects of endoplasmic reticulum stress on autophagy, apoptosis, and chemotherapy resistance in human breast cancer cells by regulating PI3K/..
- Bhardwaj R, Bhardwaj A, Tandon C, Dhawan D, Bijarnia R, Kaur T. Implication of hyperoxaluria on osteopontin and ER stress mediated apoptosis in renal tissue of rats. Exp Mol Pathol. 2017;102:384-390 pubmed publisher..Moreover, a recent report has suggested that osteopontin induces endoplasmic reticulum stress and subsequently apoptosis in myocytes...
- Rivera M, Ramos Y, Rodríguez Valentín M, López Acevedo S, Cubano L, Zou J, et al. Targeting multiple pro-apoptotic signaling pathways with curcumin in prostate cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179587 pubmed publisher..Our findings revealed that curcumin induced an Endoplasmic Reticulum stress-mediated apoptosis in PC3...
- Olivera Perez H, Lam L, Dang J, Jiang W, Rodríguez F, Rigali E, et al. Omega-3 fatty acids increase the unfolded protein response and improve amyloid-Î² phagocytosis by macrophages of patients with mild cognitive impairment. FASEB J. 2017;31:4359-4369 pubmed publisher..Weitzman, S., Porter, V., Rubbi, L., Morselli, M., Pellegrini, M., Fiala, M. Omega-3 fatty acids increase the unfolded protein response and improve amyloid-Î² phagocytosis by macrophages of patients with mild cognitive impairment. ..
- Wang L, Zhang Y, Wang W, Zhu Y, Chen Y, Tian B. Gemcitabine treatment induces endoplasmic reticular (ER) stress and subsequently upregulates urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) to block mitochondrial-dependent apoptosis in Panc-1 cancer stem-like cells (CSCs). PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184110 pubmed publisher..Notably, upregulation of uPA by gemcitabine treatment may lead to the failure of CP-31398; thus, a novel strategy for modulating mutant p53 function needs to be developed. ..
- Zaglia T, Milan G, Ruhs A, Franzoso M, Bertaggia E, Pianca N, et al. Atrogin-1 deficiency promotes cardiomyopathy and premature death via impaired autophagy. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:2410-24 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that atrogin-1 promotes cardiomyocyte health through mediating the interplay between UPS and autophagy/lysosome system and its alteration promotes development of cardiomyopathies. ..
- Andoh T, Uta D, Kato M, Toume K, Komatsu K, Kuraishi Y. Prophylactic Administration of Aucubin Inhibits Paclitaxel-Induced Mechanical Allodynia via the Inhibition of Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress in Peripheral Schwann Cells. Biol Pharm Bull. 2017;40:473-478 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that aucubin inhibits paclitaxel-induced mechanical allodynia through the inhibition of ER stress in peripheral Schwann cells. ..
- Tavernier S, Osorio F, Vandersarren L, Vetters J, Vanlangenakker N, Van Isterdael G, et al. Regulated IRE1-dependent mRNA decay sets the threshold for dendritic cell survival. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:698-710 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, loss of IRE1 endonuclease on top of XBP1 led to cDC1 loss in the intestine. Thus, mucosal DCs differentially mount ATF4- and IRE1-dependent adaptive mechanisms to survive in the face of ER stress. ..
- Hamdan N, Kritsiligkou P, Grant C. ER stress causes widespread protein aggregation and prion formation. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:2295-2304 pubmed publisher..The onset of ER stress is known to correlate with various disease processes, and our data indicate that widespread amorphous and amyloid protein aggregation is an unanticipated outcome of such stress. ..
- Sun X, Wei Q, Cheng J, Bian Y, Tian C, Hu Y, et al. Enhanced Stim1 expression is associated with acquired chemo-resistance of cisplatin in osteosarcoma cells. Hum Cell. 2017;30:216-225 pubmed publisher..Stim1 represents as a target of cisplatin and blockade of Stim1-mediated Ca2+ entry may be a useful strategy to improve the efficacy of cisplatin to treat osteosarcoma. ..
- Wassermann Dozorets R, Rubinstein M. C/EBPÎ² LIP augments cell death by inducing osteoglycin. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2733 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that LIP deficiency renders tumor cell resistant to ER stress by preventing the induction of Ogn. ..
- Yadav V, Gao X, Willard B, Hatzoglou M, Banerjee R, Kabil O. Hydrogen sulfide modulates eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2? (eIF2?) phosphorylation status in the integrated stress-response pathway. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13143-13153 pubmed publisher..Although a transient increase in endogenous H2S production provides cytoprotection, its chronic increase such as in cystathionine ?-synthase deficiency may pose a problem. ..
- Go S, Kurita H, Yokoo K, Inden M, Kambe T, Hozumi I. Protective function of SLC30A10 induced via PERK-ATF4 pathway against 1-methyl-4-phenylpyridinium. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;490:1307-1313 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, SLC30A10 is thought to have protective role for MPP+-induced toxicity via PERK-ATF4 pathway. ..