Genomes and Genes
s phase cell cycle checkpoints
Summary: Cell regulatory signaling system that controls progression through S PHASE and stabilizes the replication forks during conditions that could affect the fidelity of DNA REPLICATION, such as DNA DAMAGE or depletion of nucleotide pools.
- Jiao Y, Ding L, Chu M, Wang T, Kang J, Zhao X, et al. Effects of cancer-testis antigen, TFDP3, on cell cycle regulation and its mechanism in L-02 and HepG2 cell lines in vitro. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182781 pubmed publisher..By knocking down the TFDP3 expression level in L-02 and HepG2 cell lines, the cell cycle would be arrested in S phase, which confirmed that TFDP3 can be a potential target for tumor therapy. ..
- Marques Ramos A, Candeias M, Menezes J, Lacerda R, Willcocks M, Teixeira A, et al. Cap-independent translation ensures mTOR expression and function upon protein synthesis inhibition. RNA. 2017;23:1712-1728 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a novel regulatory mechanism for mTOR gene expression that integrates the global protein synthesis changes induced by translational inhibitory conditions. ..
- Sun C, Ma P, Wang Y, Liu W, Chen Q, Pan Y, et al. KLF15 Inhibits Cell Proliferation in Gastric Cancer Cells via Up-Regulating CDKN1A/p21 and CDKN1C/p57 Expression. Dig Dis Sci. 2017;62:1518-1526 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that KLF15 plays a significant role in GC progression and could be a therapeutic target for GC. ..
- Preya U, Lee K, Kim N, Lee J, Jang D, Choi J. The natural terthiophene ?-terthienylmethanol induces S phase cell cycle arrest of human ovarian cancer cells via the generation of ROS stress. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;272:72-79 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that ?-terthienylmethanol inhibits the growth of human ovarian cancer cells by S phase cell cycle arrest via induction of ROS stress and DNA damage. ..
- Zhang L, Dewan V, Yin H. Discovery of Small Molecules as Multi-Toll-like Receptor Agonists with Proinflammatory and Anticancer Activities. J Med Chem. 2017;60:5029-5044 pubmed publisher..These results showcase potential therapeutic applications of 17e in both vaccine adjuvants and anticancer therapies based on multi-TLR activation. ..
- Iyer D, Rhind N. Replication fork slowing and stalling are distinct, checkpoint-independent consequences of replicating damaged DNA. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006958 pubmed publisher..Finally, using a novel analytic approach, we rigorously identify fork stalling events in our combing data and show that they play a previously unappreciated role in shaping replication kinetics in response to DNA damage. ..