Genomes and Genes
Summary: A naturally occurring phenomenon where terminally differentiated cells dedifferentiate to the point where they can switch CELL LINEAGES. The cells then differentiate into other cell types.
- Li Y, Zhang L, Hu Y, Han F, Qin Y, Chen M, et al. β-Catenin directs the transformation of testis Sertoli cells to ovarian granulosa-like cells by inducing Foxl2 expression. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:17577-17586 pubmed publisher..Our study provides a new mechanism for Sertoli cell lineage maintenance during gonad development. ..
- Kalacheva N, Eliseikina M, Frolova L, Dolmatov I. Regeneration of the digestive system in the crinoid Himerometra robustipinna occurs by transdifferentiation of neurosecretory-like cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182001 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that juxtaligamental cells play a major role in gut regeneration in H. robustipinna. The main mechanisms of morphogenesis are cell migration and transdifferentiation. ..
- Yan H, Romero LÃ³pez M, Benitez L, Di K, Frieboes H, Hughes C, et al. 3D Mathematical Modeling of Glioblastoma Suggests That Transdifferentiated Vascular Endothelial Cells Mediate Resistance to Current Standard-of-Care Therapy. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4171-4184 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(15); 4171-84. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Okubo Y, Masuyama R, Iwanaga A, Koike Y, Kuwatsuka Y, Ogi T, et al. Calcification in dermal fibroblasts from a patient with GGCX syndrome accompanied by upregulation of osteogenic molecules. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177375 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that GGCX dermal fibroblasts trans-differentiate into the osteogenic lineage. This study proposes another mechanism underlying aberrant calcification in patients with GGCX syndrome. ..
- Ter Braake A, Shanahan C, de Baaij J. Magnesium Counteracts Vascular Calcification: Passive Interference or Active Modulation?. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:1431-1445 pubmed publisher..Second, magnesium may regulate vascular smooth muscle cell transdifferentiation toward an osteogenic phenotype by active cellular modulation of factors associated with calcification...
- Xi Y, Kim T, Brumwell A, Driver I, Wei Y, Tan V, et al. Local lung hypoxia determines epithelial fate decisions during alveolar regeneration. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:904-914 pubmed publisher..HIF1α deletion or enhanced Wnt/β-catenin activity in Sox2pos LNEPs blocks Notch and Krt5 activation, instead promoting rapid AEC2 differentiation and migration and improving the quality of alveolar repair. ..
- Ding L, Liou G, Schmitt D, Storz P, Zhang J, Billadeau D. Glycogen synthase kinase-3? ablation limits pancreatitis-induced acinar-to-ductal metaplasia. J Pathol. 2017;243:65-77 pubmed publisher..Copyright © 2017 Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- van der Meulen T, Mawla A, Digruccio M, ADAMS M, Nies V, Dólleman S, et al. Virgin Beta Cells Persist throughout Life at a Neogenic Niche within Pancreatic Islets. Cell Metab. 2017;25:911-926.e6 pubmed publisher..By comparing co-existing immature and mature beta cells within healthy islets, we stand to learn how to mature insulin-expressing cells into functional beta cells. ..
- Hanley C, Mellone M, Ford K, Thirdborough S, Mellows T, Frampton S, et al. Targeting the Myofibroblastic Cancer-Associated Fibroblast Phenotype Through Inhibition of NOX4. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2018;110: pubmed publisher..02) and slow tumor growth (30.6%-64.0% decrease across different models, P â‰¤ .04). These data suggest that pharmacological inhibition of NOX4 may have broad applicability for stromal targeting across cancer types. ..
- Liu M, Xu H, Zhang L, Zhang C, Yang L, Ma E, et al. Salvianolic acid B inhibits myofibroblast transdifferentiation in experimental pulmonary fibrosis via the up-regulation of Nrf2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;495:325-331 pubmed publisher..The immunohistochemistry results showed that Nrf2 was absent in fibroblastic foci (FF) areas, while the SalB treatment could increase the expression of Nrf2 in lung tissues, especially in FF areas. ..
- Guo X, Yan F, Shan X, Li J, Yang Y, Zhang J, et al. SIRT3 inhibits Ang II-induced transdifferentiation of cardiac fibroblasts through ?-catenin/PPAR-? signaling. Life Sci. 2017;186:111-117 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that this newly identified SIRT3/?-catenin/PPAR-? axis will provide novel insight into the understanding of the mechanism of transdifferentiation of CFs to myofibroblasts. ..
- Tsukahara R, Umazume K, McDonald K, Kaplan H, Tamiya S. Focal adhesion kinase family is involved in matrix contraction by transdifferentiated Müller cells. Exp Eye Res. 2017;164:90-94 pubmed publisher..Our data shows that FAK family members are involved in matrix contraction by transdifferentiated Müller cells, and also implicates that Hic-5 is situated downstream of the FAK family within the signaling pathway. ..
- Yang X, Dan X, Men R, Ma L, Wen M, Peng Y, et al. MiR-142-3p blocks TGF-?-induced activation of hepatic stellate cells through targeting TGF?RI. Life Sci. 2017;187:22-30 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrated that miR-142-3p repressed TGF-?-Smad signaling pathway to prevent HSCs activation through directly targeting TGF?RI in HSCs. ..
- Dongiovanni P, Meroni M, Baselli G, Bassani G, Rametta R, Pietrelli A, et al. Insulin resistance promotes Lysyl Oxidase Like 2 induction and fibrosis accumulation in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Clin Sci (Lond). 2017;131:1301-1315 pubmed publisher..The mechanism entails a cross-talk between enhanced lipotoxicity in insulin resistant HEPs and Loxl2 production by HSCs, which was confirmed in patients with diabetes, thereby facilitating extracellular matrix (ECM) stabilization. ..
- Cieślar Pobuda A, Knoflach V, Ringh M, Stark J, Likus W, Siemianowicz K, et al. Transdifferentiation and reprogramming: Overview of the processes, their similarities and differences. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 2017;1864:1359-1369 pubmed publisher..This process involves an ectopic expression of transcription factors and/or other stimuli. Unlike in the case of reprogramming, tissues obtained by this method do not carry the risk of subsequent teratomagenesis. ..
- Yin Y, Li X, He X, Wu R, Sun H, Chen F. Leveraging Stem Cell Homing for Therapeutic Regeneration. J Dent Res. 2017;96:601-609 pubmed publisher..Considering both the promise and the obstacles of this approach, we discuss how matrix components of the in vivo milieu can be modified to promote the native regenerative process and inspire future tissue-engineering design. ..
- Schneider T, Fishman V, Liskovykh M, Ponamartsev S, Serov O, Tomilin A, et al. [Reprogramming of somatic cells. Problems and solutions]. Tsitologiia. 2014;56:869-80 pubmed
- Petecchia L, Viti F, Sbrana F, Vassalli M, Gavazzo P. A biophysical approach to quantify skeletal stem cells trans-differentiation as a model for the study of osteoporosis. Biophys Chem. 2017;229:84-92 pubmed publisher..Moreover, a method based on digital holography is proposed, providing a quantitative indication of the phenotype stage along differentiation. ..
- Liu L, Fu W, Xu J, Shao L, Wang Y. Effect of BMP7 on podocyte transdifferentiation and Smad7 expression induced by hyperglycemia. Clin Nephrol. 2015;84:95-9 pubmed publisher..HG, p < 0.01). BMP7 can inhibit the epithelial-to-mesenchymal cell transformation (EMT) of podocytes induced by high glucose; Smad7 may mediate the blunting effects of BMP7 on high glucose in podocytes. ..
- Salehi H, Amirpour N, Niapour A, Razavi S. An Overview of Neural Differentiation Potential of Human Adipose Derived Stem Cells. Stem Cell Rev. 2016;12:26-41 pubmed..The following review discusses different protocols considered for differentiation of hADSCs to neural cells, the neural markers that are used in each procedure and possible mechanisms that are involved in this differentiation. ..
- Ke T, Yang M, Mao D, Zhu M, Che Y, Kong D, et al. Co-Transplantation of Skin-Derived Precursors and Collagen Sponge Facilitates Diabetic Wound Healing by Promoting Local Vascular Regeneration. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2015;37:1725-37 pubmed publisher..Subsequent analyses further revealed superior pro-angiogenic effects from the SKP and collagen sponge co-delivered group, which are mainly attributable to in vivo transdifferentation and paracrine signalling of the SKPs. ..
- Kuznetsova A, Grirorian É, Aleksandrova M. [Adult human retinal pigment epithelial cells - a potential source of cells for regeneration retina]. Tsitologiia. 2011;53:505-12 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that mature human RPE cells have the capacity to express neural markers in response to conditions that promote dedifferentiation. ..
- Venhoff N, Lebrecht D, Pfeifer D, Venhoff A, Bisse E, Kirschner J, et al. Muscle-fiber transdifferentiation in an experimental model of respiratory chain myopathy. Arthritis Res Ther. 2012;14:R233 pubmed publisher..The type I to type II fiber transformation in mitochondrial myopathy implicates mitochondrial function as a new regulator of skeletal muscle fiber type. ..
- Matossian M, Elliott S, Hoang V, Burks H, Phamduy T, Chrisey D, et al. Novel application of the published kinase inhibitor set to identify therapeutic targets and pathways in triple negative breast cancer subtypes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177802 pubmed publisher..Future studies will examine specific roles of the kinases in mechanisms responsible for acquisition of the mesenchymal and/or migratory phenotype. ..
- Benthuysen J, Carrano A, Sander M. Advances in ? cell replacement and regeneration strategies for treating diabetes. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:3651-3660 pubmed publisher..Here, we provide an overview of progress made toward ? cell replacement and regeneration and discuss promises and challenges for clinical implementation of these strategies. ..
- Yin J, Oh Y, Kim J, Kim S, Choi E, Kim T, et al. Transglutaminase 2 Inhibition Reverses Mesenchymal Transdifferentiation of Glioma Stem Cells by Regulating C/EBPÎ² Signaling. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4973-4984 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results indicate that TGM2 is a key molecular switch of necrosis-induced MES transdifferentiation and an important therapeutic target for MES GBM. Cancer Res; 77(18); 4973-84. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Cafforio P, D Oronzo S, Felici C, Sigala S, Fragni M, Silvestris F. 1,25(OH)2 vitamin D(3) contributes to osteoclast-like trans-differentiation of malignant plasma cells. Exp Cell Res. 2017;358:260-268 pubmed publisher..This data suggest that myeloma cells may undergo a functional trans-differentiation into OCs and, under appropriate experimental conditions, 1,25(OH)2D triggers this lineage switch. ..
- Yan L, Li Y, Shi Z, Lu X, Ma J, Hu B, et al. The zinc finger E-box-binding homeobox 1 (Zeb1) promotes the conversion of mouse fibroblasts into functional neurons. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:12959-12970 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results reveal a new role for Zeb1 in the transdifferentiation of MEFs into neurons. ..
- Li F, Song R, Ao L, Reece T, Cleveland J, Dong N, et al. ADAMTS5 Deficiency in Calcified Aortic Valves Is Associated With Elevated Pro-Osteogenic Activity in Valvular Interstitial Cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:1339-1351 pubmed publisher..Matrilin 2 accumulation associated with relative ADAMTS5 deficiency may contribute to the mechanism underlying calcific aortic valve disease progression. ..