Genomes and Genes
Summary: A reverse developmental process in which terminally differentiated cells with specialized functions revert back to a less differentiated stage within their own CELL LINEAGE.
- Zhang L, Jambusaria A, Hong Z, Marsboom G, Toth P, Herbert B, et al. SOX17 Regulates Conversion of Human Fibroblasts Into Endothelial Cells and Erythroblasts by Dedifferentiation Into CD34+ Progenitor Cells. Circulation. 2017;135:2505-2523 pubmed publisher..These findings identify the intermediate CD34+ progenitor state as a critical bifurcation point, which can be tuned to generate functional blood vessels or erythrocytes and salvage ischemic tissue. ..
- Kurisaki Arakawa A, Akaike K, Hara K, Arakawa A, Takahashi M, Mitani K, et al. A case of dedifferentiated solitary fibrous tumor in the pelvis with TP53 mutation. Virchows Arch. 2014;465:615-21 pubmed..The patient died of the disease 4 months after surgery. This case identifies a possible role of p53 dysfunction in the dedifferentiation process of SFT as reported in other sarcomas. ..
- Ma J, Yao Y, Wang J, Dong Z, Zhou T, Lu F, et al. Dedifferentiated Adipocytes Promote Adipose Tissue Generation within an External Suspension Device. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2017;140:525-536 pubmed publisher..05). Dedifferentiated adipocytes in adipose flaps can participate in adipose tissue generation as seed cells and increase the volume of adipose tissue. ..
- Tricaud N, Park H. Wallerian demyelination: chronicle of a cellular cataclysm. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2017;74:4049-4057 pubmed publisher..Wallerian demyelination is a wonderful model for myelin degeneration occurring in the diverse forms of demyelinating peripheral neuropathies that plague human beings. ..
- Makise N, Yoshida A, Komiyama M, Nakatani F, Yonemori K, Kawai A, et al. Dedifferentiated Liposarcoma With Epithelioid/Epithelial Features. Am J Surg Pathol. 2017;41:1523-1531 pubmed publisher..Whether these latter tumors belong to DDLPS with epithelioid features requires further study. ..
- White R, Neiman J, Reddi A, Han G, Birlea S, Mitra D, et al. Epithelial stem cell mutations that promote squamous cell carcinoma metastasis. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:4390-404 pubmed publisher..Additionally, tumor initiation and metastatic properties of CSCs can be uncoupled, with miR-9 regulating the expansion of metastatic CSCs. ..
- Ezati R, Etemadzadeh A, Soheili Z, Samiei S, Ranaei Pirmardan E, Davari M, et al. The influence of rAAV2-mediated SOX2 delivery into neonatal and adult human RPE cells; a comparative study. J Cell Physiol. 2018;233:1222-1235 pubmed publisher..However, the increased number of PAX6, CHX10, Thy1, and rhodopsin positive cells in adult hRPE treated cultures clearly indicated the considerable generation of neuro-retinal terminally differentiated cells. ..
- Espinosa I, Lee C, D Angelo E, Palacios J, Prat J. Undifferentiated and Dedifferentiated Endometrial Carcinomas With POLE Exonuclease Domain Mutations Have a Favorable Prognosis. Am J Surg Pathol. 2017;41:1121-1128 pubmed publisher..023) and patients had significantly better outcome (disease-specific survival) than those without POLE exonuclease domain mutations (P=0.02). Determination of the POLE mutation status is important for the management of these patients. ..
- Ishida E, Kim Muller J, Accili D. Pair Feeding, but Not Insulin, Phloridzin, or Rosiglitazone Treatment, Curtails Markers of β-Cell Dedifferentiation in db/db Mice. Diabetes. 2017;66:2092-2101 pubmed publisher..In this study, we asked whether β-cell dedifferentiation can be prevented with diet or pharmacological treatment of diabetes...
- Ha S, Lee M, Kurahashi M, Wei L, Jorgensen B, Park C, et al. Transcriptome analysis of PDGFRÎ±+ cells identifies T-type Ca2+ channel CACNA1G as a new pathological marker for PDGFRÎ±+ cell hyperplasia. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182265 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that Cacna1g exclusively expressed in serosal PDGFRÎ±+ cells is a new pathological marker for gastrointestinal diseases. ..