Genomes and Genes
Summary: Common occlusive arterial disease which is caused by ATHEROSCLEROSIS. It is characterized by lesions in the innermost layer (ARTERIAL INTIMA) of arteries including the AORTA and its branches to the extremities. Risk factors include smoking, HYPERLIPIDEMIA, and HYPERTENSION.
- Marchand G. [Epidemiology of and risk factors for lower limb arteriopathy obliterans]. Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris). 2001;50:119-27 pubmed..Critical limb ischemia is mostly rare (1%). It is not surprising that fate of claudicant and mortality is determined by coronary events and cardiovascular diseases...
- Pukach L, Chernoshchekov A, Levin V, Minnebaev M, Kirdiashkin P, Romanova Z, et al. [Indications for hypoxitherapy]. Voen Med Zh. 2002;323:30-3, 96 pubmed..For the first time the fact of concrement passage under GHM influence was registered and hypoxytherapy was included into the complex therapy of urolithiasis. ..
- Galkin R, Kotel nikov G, Makarov I, Oparin A. [The use of gravitation overloading in the treatment of obliterative atherosclerosis of lower extremity arteries]. Vestn Khir Im I I Grek. 2003;162:82-5 pubmed..Thus, the application of gravitation overloading is a new effective method of conservative treatment of patients with the pathology in question. ..
- Moriya J, Minamino T, Tateno K, Shimizu N, Kuwabara Y, Sato Y, et al. Long-term outcome of therapeutic neovascularization using peripheral blood mononuclear cells for limb ischemia. Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2009;2:245-54 pubmed publisher..Improvement of ischemic symptoms was less marked in arteriosclerosis obliterans (ASO) patients on dialysis compared with nonhemodialysis ASO or thromboangiitis obliterans patients...
- Hiraoka A, Ishida A, Chikazawa G, Yoshitaka H. Penetration of the iliac bone as a modified tunneling option for graft infection in the groin. Vasc Endovascular Surg. 2012;46:427-30 pubmed publisherA graft infection is one of the most fatal complications after surgical treatment for arteriosclerosis obliterans. Although both redo arterial revascularization for limb salvage and prevention of recurrent infection are necessary for the ..
- Ikeda U. [Therapeutic angiogenesis using bone marrow cells]. Masui. 2007;56 Suppl:S6-11 pubmed
- Enomae M, Takeda S, Yoshimoto K, Takagawa K. Chronic cholesterol crystal embolism with a spontaneous onset. Intern Med. 2007;46:1123-6 pubmed..In patients with risk factors for atherosclerosis, cholesterol crystal embolism should be included in the differential diagnosis of chronic kidney disease. ..
- Vachev A, Chernovalov D, Mikhailov M. On the terms to perform minor amputations for chronic critical lower limb ischaemia after successful vascular reconstruction. Angiol Sosud Khir. 2012;18:131-7 pubmed..A conclusion was made that after successful limb revascularization for critical ischaemia in patients with atherosclerosis accompanied by coagulative necrosis, performing minor amputations and necrectomies should be delayed. ..
- Mayer O, Hromadka M. [Statins in the treatment of patients with arterial occlusive disease of the lower extremities]. Vnitr Lek. 2001;47:664-9 pubmed..The authors recorded improvement of the prooxidation state which followed after the dynamics of improvement of the impaired blood lipid spectrum. The results admit a possible part played by the pleiotropic effect of statins. ..
- Matsumoto T, Iwasa K, Kyuragi R, Honma K, Guntani A, Ohmine T, et al. The efficacy of oral beraprost sodium, a prostaglandin I2 analogue, for treating intermittent claudication in patients with arteriosclerosis obliterans. Int Angiol. 2010;29:49-54 pubmed..sodium, a prostaglandin I2 analogue, on symptoms of intermittent claudication in patients with arteriosclerosis obliterans. The research design consisted of a before and after treatment study without comparison groups...
- Faidutti B, Bednarkiewicz M, Morel P, Kalangos A, Christenson J. Regional extra-corporeal circulation to protect transplanted kidney and pancreas from ischemia during vascular reconstruction. Cardiovasc Surg. 2002;10:19-22 pubmed..Regional femoro-femoral extra-corporeal circulation with an oxygenator is a safe technique that allows time for the proximal revascularization, minimizes the warm organ ischemia time and results in preservation of organ function. ..
- Nakamura T, Kawagoe Y, Matsuda T, Takahashi Y, Sekizuka K, Ebihara I, et al. Effects of LDL apheresis and vitamin E-modified membrane on carotid atherosclerosis in hemodialyzed patients with arteriosclerosis obliterans. Kidney Blood Press Res. 2003;26:185-91 pubmed..Adsorption of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) has been applied in the treatment of arteriosclerosis obliterans (ASO)...
- You X, Qin X, Dong Z, Wang G. [Integrated traditional Chinese and Western medicine versus Western medicine in treatment of arteriosclerosis obliterans: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials]. Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao. 2010;8:917-27 pubmedThe conventional therapy for arteriosclerosis obliterans (ASO) is Western medicine. However, it has some adverse effects and does not respond to some patients, and it is also very expensive...
- Guan H, Liu Z, Li G, Guo X, Xu Z, Zou D, et al. [Analysis of peripheral arterial obstructive disease related factors among diabetic population aged > or = 50]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2007;87:23-7 pubmed..ABI and PWV are not only diagnostic means for PAD, but also alarm guide indexes for cerebral vascular disease (CVD). ..
- Takagi G, Miyamoto M, Tara S, Kirinoki Ichikawa S, Kubota Y, Hada T, et al. Therapeutic vascular angiogenesis for intractable macroangiopathy-related digital ulcer in patients with systemic sclerosis: a pilot study. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2014;53:854-9 pubmed publisher..d. 8), Rutherford class III-5 or III-6) due to lcSSc (n = 11) or arteriosclerosis obliterans (ASO; n = 29). Bone marrow mononuclear cells (0.4-5...
- Nomura S, Shouzu A, Omoto S, Matsuzaki T, Yamaoka M, Abe M, et al. Genetic analysis of HLA, NA and HPA typing in type 2 diabetes and ASO. Int J Immunogenet. 2006;33:117-22 pubmed..HPA) and neutrophil-specific antigens (NA) in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and diabetic arteriosclerosis obliterans (ASO)...
- Nazarov E, Marchenko A. [Long-term results of conservative treatment of patients with obliterating atherosclerosis of the lower extremity arteries]. Vestn Khir Im I I Grek. 2006;165:74-6 pubmed..An analysis of long-term results of treatment of 56 patients has shown that a complex program including the intravascular photohemotherapy and a course of a modified method of plasmapheresis is the most effective method in such cases. ..
- Morimoto Y, Sugimoto T, Okada M, Okita Y, Mukai T. Platelet scintigraphy in the diagnosis of arteriosclerosis obliterans. Surg Today. 2002;32:875-9 pubmed..autologous platelets labeled with 111In-oxine, to assess the degree of arteriosclerotic activity in arteriosclerosis obliterans (ASO)...
- Finsterer J, Dossenbach Glaninger A, Krugluger W, Stollberger C, Hopmeier P. Risk-factor profile in severe, generalized, obliterating vascular disease. South Med J. 2004;97:87-92 pubmed..This case shows that severe, generalized, occlusive vascular disease may be due to the combination of various genetic risk factors for atherosclerosis and venous thromboembolism. ..
- Le Breton C, Cloutier L. [Measuring the indices]. Perspect Infirm. 2008;5:29-32 pubmed
- Nakashima E, Tsuji S, Fukuoka H, Ohtaki M, Ito K. Estimating the stenosis probabilities in arteriosclerosis obliterans using generalized estimating equations. Stat Med. 2003;22:2149-60 pubmedFor each of 211 arteriosclerosis obliterans patients, the degree of stenosis of arteries at four sites were examined at Hiroshima University Hospital to analyse the relationship between the degree of stenosis and age, sex and site...
- Andozhskaia I. [The influence of plasmapheresis om microcirculation in patients with different stages of ischemia of lower extremities]. Vestn Khir Im I I Grek. 2003;162:65-8 pubmed
- Kido K, Ito H, Makita K. [Ultrasound-guided peripheral nerve block for high-risk patients with arteriosclerosis obliterans in lower limb surgery--a report of nine cases]. Masui. 2012;61:1117-20 pubmedMost patients with arteriosclerosis obliterans (ASO) have severe complications such as coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure and chronic kidney disease...
- Ito M, Hayashi M, Kagaya S, Kitoh T, Miyoshi S. A case of intraoperative coronary artery spasm in a patient with vascular disease. J Anesth. 2011;25:112-6 pubmed publisher..infarction or angina pectoris was scheduled for right aortofemoral bypass and thromboembolectomy for arteriosclerosis obliterans with right common iliac and right popliteal arterial thrombus...
- Emmerich J, Bura A. [Arteriosclerosis obliterans of the aorta and lower limbs. Aneurysm]. Rev Prat. 2006;56:207-12 pubmed
- Chen T, Kuwabara Y, Tsutsui H, Sasaki M, Nakagawa M, Koga H, et al. The usefulness of dipyridamole thallium-201 single photon emission computed tomography for predicting perioperative cardiac events in patients undergoing non-cardiac vascular surgery. Ann Nucl Med. 2002;16:45-53 pubmed..emission computed tomography (201Tl-SPECT) for predicting perioperative cardiac events in patients with arteriosclerosis obliterans (ASO) and abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) undergoing non-cardiac vascular surgery...
- Hayashi H, Kumazaki T. [History of cardiology in the last 100 years: Aortic aneurysm and arteriosclerosis obliterans]. Nihon Naika Gakkai Zasshi. 2002;91:923-9 pubmed
- Kuznetsov M, Koshkin V, Karalkin A, Boldin B, Rodionov S, Sergeeva N, et al. [Preoperative care of microcirculatory vessels in patients with lower limb arteriosclerosis obliterans]. Angiol Sosud Khir. 2005;11:19-24 pubmedThe paper analyses diagnosis and treatment outcomes for 20 men aged from 55 to 76 with lower limb arteriosclerosis obliterans. Based on exhaustive laboratory and instrumental diagnostic data the authors conclude that 10-days course of ..
- Saliou C, Laurian C. [Which indications and techniques for lower limb arteriopathy obliterans and proximal aorto-iliac lesions?]. Ann Cardiol Angeiol (Paris). 2001;50:101-11 pubmed..The best strategy, today, needs to known endovascular procedures and surgical procedures to obtain the most efficient anatomic result. ..
- Yamada T, Ohta T, Ishibashi H, Sugimoto I, Iwata H, Takahashi M, et al. Clinical reliability and utility of skin perfusion pressure measurement in ischemic limbs--comparison with other noninvasive diagnostic methods. J Vasc Surg. 2008;47:318-23 pubmed publisher..6 +/- 9.2 years; 170 men and 41 women), 403 limbs with arteriosclerosis obliterans, were included in this study. Half of the patients had diabetes or were receiving dialysis or both...
- Bernát S. [Effectiveness of pentoxifylline and of bio-electromagnetic therapy in lower limb obliterative arterial disease]. Orv Hetil. 2013;154:1674-9 pubmed publisher..A kombinált kezelés jól kiegészíti egymást, és 70%-ban jó, illetve kiváló terápiás hatást eredményez. Orv. Hetil., 2013, 154, 1674–1679. ..
- Yamakawa J, Takahashi T, Saegusa S, Moriya J, Itoh T, Kusaka K, et al. Effect of the serotonin blocker sarpogrelate on circulating interleukin-18 levels in patients with diabetes and arteriosclerosis obliterans. J Int Med Res. 2004;32:166-9 pubmed..2A receptor antagonist, on circulating interleukin (IL)-18 levels in patients with diabetes and arteriosclerosis obliterans. Patients received sarpogrelate (100 mg 3 times daily) for 2 months...
- Nakamura T, Kawagoe Y, Matsuda T, Ueda Y, Koide H. Low-density lipoprotein apheresis in a patient with arteriosclerosis obliterans and light chain deposition disease. Clin Nephrol. 2004;61:429-33 pubmedA 49-year-old women with arteriosclerosis obliterans (ASO) complicated with light chain deposition disease (LCDD) is described. Renal biopsy showed a diffuse mesangial nodular lesion and tubulointerstitial changes...
- Watanabe R, Nakanishi K, Ochi S, Umeda M. [Assessment of lower limb artery disease by ultrasound imaging]. Rinsho Byori. 2007;55:159-69 pubmed..In addition, I can assess blood vessel properties and evaluate bloodstream change non-invasively in real time, an inspection that is indispensable for the diagnosis and treatment of peripheral artery disease. ..
- Kajiguchi M, Kondo T, Izawa H, Kobayashi M, Yamamoto K, Shintani S, et al. Safety and efficacy of autologous progenitor cell transplantation for therapeutic angiogenesis in patients with critical limb ischemia. Circ J. 2007;71:196-201 pubmed..Seven CLI patients (3 with Buerger's disease, 4 with arteriosclerosis obliterans undergoing chronic hemodialysis (ASO-HD)) were treated according to the TACT protocol (n=6: bone marrow-..
- Maejima Y, Yasu T, Ueba H, Kobayashi N, Hashimoto S, Kubo N, et al. Exercise after heparin administration: new therapeutic program for patients with-option arteriosclerosis oblitrans. Circ J. 2005;69:1099-104 pubmed..of an exercise program and heparin administration improves the clinical symptoms of patients with arteriosclerosis obliterans (ASO) without an indication for surgical revascularization because of the lack of distal target vessels ..
- Onodera R, Teramukai S, Tanaka S, Kojima S, Horie T, Matoba S, et al. Bone marrow mononuclear cells versus G-CSF-mobilized peripheral blood mononuclear cells for treatment of lower limb ASO: pooled analysis for long-term prognosis. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2011;46:278-84 pubmed publisher..of long-term clinical prognoses for patients with no-option critical limb ischemia (CLI) caused by arteriosclerosis obliterans, who are implanted with autologous bone marrow mononuclear cells (BMMNC; n=74) or G-CSF-mobilized (M)-..
- Iskra M, Majewski W, Piorunska Stolzmann M. Modifications of magnesium and copper concentrations in serum and arterial wall of patients with vascular diseases related to ageing, atherosclerosis and aortic aneurysm. Magnes Res. 2002;15:279-85 pubmed..The ratio Mg/Cu was found lower both in serum and the arterial wall in AO and AA, as a result of ageing and vascular disease, and it could be better marker of ischaemia than individual element concentrations. ..
- Nakajima F, Morimoto S, Yurugi T, Amari Y, Kasuno Y, Fukui M, et al. Increment of cerebral blood flow by LDL-apheresis in dialysis patients with arteriosclerosis obliterans: a pilot study. Int J Artif Organs. 2012;35:981-5 pubmed publisher..blood flow (CBF) during low-density lipoprotein cholesterol-apheresis (LDL-A) in dialysis patients with arteriosclerosis obliterans (ASO) were evaluated employing xenon-CT (Xe-CT) to investigate the possibility of CBF improvement.
- Aboyans V, Salazar J, Lacroix P. [Obliterating arterial disease of the legs in women]. Presse Med. 2010;39:263-70 pubmed publisher..Similarly, the general cardiovascular prognosis PAD is also poorer in women than in men. ..
- Matsubara H. [Therapeutic angiogenesis for patients with critical limb ischemia using autologous bone marrow cell transplantation]. Nihon Naika Gakkai Zasshi. 2003;92:877-83 pubmed
- Idei N, Nishioka K, Soga J, Hidaka T, Hata T, Fujii Y, et al. Vascular function and circulating progenitor cells in thromboangitis obliterans (Buerger's disease) and atherosclerosis obliterans. Hypertension. 2011;57:70-8 pubmed publisher..These findings may partially explain why there are differences in cardiovascular morbidity and mortality rates between patients with TAO and patients with ASO. ..
- Kitajima I. [Gene therapy]. Rinsho Byori. 2002;Suppl 123:207-13 pubmed..In this paper, I show recent gene therapy approaches for cancer, hemophilia and arteriosclerosis obliterans, and gene medical supply including antisense and decoys are also introduced...
- Saigawa T, Kato K, Ozawa T, Toba K, Makiyama Y, Minagawa S, et al. Clinical application of bone marrow implantation in patients with arteriosclerosis obliterans, and the association between efficacy and the number of implanted bone marrow cells. Circ J. 2004;68:1189-93 pubmed..Eight patients with arteriosclerosis obliterans were treated with BMI...
- Goto S. A case of arteriosclerosis obliterans with monitored regional oxygen saturation during treatment with a lumbar sympathetic ganglion block. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2003;28:485-6 pubmed
- Shval b P, Kalinin R, Ukhov I, Alferov I, Levitin A. [Morphologic changes in the arterial wall in restenosis after reconstructive and endovascular interventions]. Arkh Patol. 2008;70:42-4 pubmed..The role of intimal hyperplasia in the development of restenosis as a late complication in reconstructive arterial surgery is shown. ..
- Aboyans V, Lacroix P, Laskar M. [Systolic pressure, a powerful marker of the risk of obliterating artery disease of the lower limbs]. Presse Med. 2004;33:1090-2 pubmed
- Aoyama N, Nishinari M, Ohtani S, Kanai A, Noda C, Hirata M, et al. Clinical features and predictors of patients with critical limb ischemia who responded to autologous mononuclear cell transplantation for therapeutic angiogenesis. Heart Vessels. 2017;32:1099-1108 pubmed publisher..30 consecutive patients [arteriosclerosis obliterans: 24 patients, thromboangiitis obliterans: 6 patients] who were diagnosed with major amputation despite ..
- Gao Y, Chen S, Yu C, Nie Z. [Endovascular treatment of multilevel arteriosclerosis obliterans of lower extremities]. Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2010;24:1033-6 pubmed..of percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) and PTA and stenting (PTAS) in treating multilevel arteriosclerosis obliterans (ASO) of lower extremities...
- Hoshino J, Fujimoto Y, Naruse Y, Hasegawa E, Suwabe T, Sawa N, et al. Characteristics of revascularization treatment for arteriosclerosis obliterans in patients with and without hemodialysis. Circ J. 2010;74:2426-33 pubmed..05). This study clearly showed a poorer prognosis in HD patients than in non-HD patients especially after bypass surgery, even if the the graft was patented or not. ..
- Oda M, Kato K, Toba K, Otaki K, Kitajima T, Ikarashi N, et al. [Prognostic factors for critical limb ischemia after autologous bone marrow implantation]. J Cardiol. 2007;50:235-42 pubmed..Twelve patients had arteriosclerosis obliterans (ASO), 5 had Buerger disease (thromboangiitis obliterans), 3 had thromboembolism, and 1 had ..
- Ogawa S, Mori T, Nako K, Ishizuka T, Ito S. Reduced albuminuria with sarpogrelate is accompanied by a decrease in monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 levels in type 2 diabetes. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2008;3:362-8 pubmed publisher..Forty patients who had diabetes with nephropathy and arteriosclerosis obliterans and had already been treated with angiotensin II receptor blocker (n = 40) were randomly assigned to ..
- Kawano M, Kuroda Y, Terao M, Yaginuma T, Kawakami M, Kanazawa Y. Marked removal of bezafibrate-induced high-density lipoprotein-cholesterol by low-density lipoprotein apheresis. Clin Chim Acta. 2002;318:91-5 pubmed..A 68-year-old Japanese man with arteriosclerosis obliterans (ASO), diabetes mellitus, and hyperlipidemia underwent LDL-apheresis, followed by the concomitant ..