Summary: The valve consisting of three cusps situated between the right atrium and right ventricle of the heart.
- Lee K, Connolly H, Pellikka P. Carcinoid pulmonary valvulopathy evaluated by real-time 3-dimensional transthoracic echocardiography. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2008;21:407.e1-2 pubmed..Three-dimensional echocardiography may play an incremental role for the preoperative assessment of the pulmonary valve in patients with carcinoid heart disease. ..
- Kovarik A, Setina M, Sulda M, Pazderkova P, Mokracek A. Infective endocarditis of the tricuspid valve caused by Staphylococcus aureus after ear piercing. Scand J Infect Dis. 2007;39:266-8 pubmedRight-sided endocarditis usually involves the tricuspid valve, predominantly in intravenous drug abusers, in patients with anti-arrhythmic devices or central venous lines, and in patients with skin or genitourinary infection and with ..
- Shimoni Z, Ben David M, Niven M. Postpartum group B streptococcal tricuspid valve endocarditis. Isr Med Assoc J. 2006;8:883-4 pubmed
- Tada H, Tadokoro K, Ito S, Naito S, Hashimoto T, Kaseno K, et al. Idiopathic ventricular arrhythmias originating from the tricuspid annulus: Prevalence, electrocardiographic characteristics, and results of radiofrequency catheter ablation. Heart Rhythm. 2007;4:7-16 pubmed..Idiopathic VT/PVCs arising from tricuspid annulus are not rare, and the detailed origin can be determined by ECG analysis. The preferential site of origin was the septum but also could be the free wall of the tricuspid annulus. ..
- Colombo T, Russo C, Ciliberto G, Lanfranconi M, Bruschi G, Agati S, et al. Tricuspid regurgitation secondary to mitral valve disease: tricuspid annulus function as guide to tricuspid valve repair. Cardiovasc Surg. 2001;9:369-77 pubmed..Fractional shortening of the tricuspid annulus, expression of right ventricular cardiomyopathy in patients with poorest prognosis, affects the postoperative evolution of tricuspid insufficiency. ..
- Alsoufi B, Rao V, Borger M, Maganti M, Armstrong S, Feindel C, et al. Short- and long-term results of triple valve surgery in the modern era. Ann Thorac Surg. 2006;81:2172-7; discussion 2177-8 pubmed..b>Tricuspid valve disease was functional regurgitation in 72% of patients...
- Sewlall N, Tikly M. Invasive pneumococcal infection presenting as septic arthritis and Austrian-like syndrome involving the tricuspid valve in a patient with underlying HIV infection. Joint Bone Spine. 2005;72:86-8 pubmed..responded to antibiotics, but where the patient eventually succumbed to infective endocarditis of the tricuspid valve. We discuss the spectrum of clinical manifestations of IPI, focusing especially on the Austrian syndrome (..
- Schnabel R, Khaw A, von Bardeleben R, Strasser C, Kramm T, Meyer J, et al. Assessment of the tricuspid valve morphology by transthoracic real-time-3D-echocardiography. Echocardiography. 2005;22:15-23 pubmed..three-dimensional real-time echocardiography (3D-TTE) supplemental to routine assessments of the tricuspid valve and to analyze interrater agreement...
- Varona J, Guerra J. [Tricuspid valve endocarditis in a nonaddicted patient without predisposing myocardiopathy]. Rev Esp Cardiol. 2004;57:993-6 pubmed..describe a 57-year-old patient with no history of parenteral drug addiction or vascular catheter use, who had tricuspid valve endocarditis in a morphologically normal valve...
- Manusama R, Timmermans C, Limon F, Philippens S, Crijns H, Rodriguez L. Catheter-based cryoablation permanently cures patients with common atrial flutter. Circulation. 2004;109:1636-9 pubmed..Cryo produces permanent bidirectional isthmus conduction block of the CTI. Short- and long-term success rates are comparable to those for radiofrequency ablation. ..
- Salehian O, Mulji A. Tricuspid valve disruption and ventricular septal defect secondary to blunt chest trauma. Can J Cardiol. 2004;20:231-2 pubmed..An unusual case of blunt thoracic injury is presented, highlighting the importance of echocardiography in the assessment of patients with suspected cardiac trauma. ..
- Hamanaka Y, Mitsui N, Hirai S, Isaka M, Kobayashi T. Cusp commissuroplasty for tricuspid valve endocarditis. Jpn J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2003;51:616-8 pubmed..operation was indicated because the echocardiography showed massive vegetation on the anterior leaflet of the tricuspid valve and severe regurgitation even though the endocarditis was healed with drug therapy...
- Butera G, Pome G, Giamberti A, Frigiola A, Chessa M, Carminati M. Surgical treatment of tricuspid valve dysplasia in the neonatal period. Ital Heart J. 2003;4:211-3 pubmedb>Tricuspid valve dysplasia, other than Ebstein's anomaly, is a very rare congenital heart defect. During the prenatal and/or the neonatal periods the clinical picture is very critical...
- Scavee C, Georger F, Jamart J, Mancini I, Collet B, Blommaert D, et al. Is a cooled tip catheter the solution for the ablation of the cavotricuspid isthmus?. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2003;26:328-31 pubmed..The technical complexity of the cooled tip catheter renders it less competitive. ..