Summary: Impaired impulse conduction from HEART ATRIA to HEART VENTRICLES. AV block can mean delayed or completely blocked impulse conduction.
- Socie P, Nicot F, Baudinaud P, Estagnasie P, Brusset A, Squara P, et al. Frequency of Recovery from Complete Atrioventricular Block After Cardiac Surgery. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1841-1846 pubmed publisherBest timing for permanent pacemaker implantation to treat complete atrioventricular block (AVB) after cardiac surgery is unclear, as late pacemaker dependency was found low in recent observational studies...
- Muzhikov V, Vershinina E, Belenky V, Muzhikov R. Comparative Assessment of the Heart's Functioning by Using the Akabane Test and Classical Methods of Instrumental Examination. J Acupunct Meridian Stud. 2017;10:171-179 pubmed publisher..The main value of the Akabane test along with the use of mathematical analysis lies in early, quick, and inexpensive detection of the above-mentioned heart disturbances. ..
- Seki A, Ishikawa T, Daumy X, Mishima H, Barc J, Sasaki R, et al. Progressive Atrial Conduction Defects Associated With Bone Malformation Caused by a Connexin-45 Mutation. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:358-370 pubmed publisher..Altogether, the authors showed that Cx45 mutant p.R75H is responsible for a novel disease entity of progressive atrial conduction system defects associated with craniofacial and dentodigital malformation. ..
- Hendrikx T, Hörnsten R, Rosenqvist M, Sandstrom H. Screening for atrial fibrillation with baseline and intermittent ECG recording in an out-of-hospital population. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2013;13:41 pubmed publisher..Intermittent handheld ECG registration is a feasible method to detect AF in patients with an increased risk of stroke in whom oral anticoagulation (OAC) treatment is indicated. ..
- Gunes H, Sonmez F, Canga H, Saritas A. An unexpected presentation of sick sinus syndrome: Isolated ventricular asystole. Am J Emerg Med. 2017;35:1212.e5-1212.e6 pubmed publisher..of a patient with sick sinus syndrome, although it is not a common circumstance, accompanying high degree atrioventricular block and simultaneous ventricular asystole should be considered, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation should be ..
- Flyer J, Zuckerman W, Richmond M, Anderson B, Mendelsberg T, McAllister J, et al. Prospective Study of Adenosine on Atrioventricular Nodal Conduction in Pediatric and Young Adult Patients After Heart Transplantation. Circulation. 2017;135:2485-2493 pubmed publisher..is relatively contraindicated after transplantation because of a presumed risk of prolonged atrioventricular block in denervated hearts...
- Celebi A, Amasyali B. [Reversible first-degree atrioventricular block due to hyperthyroidism]. Turk Kardiyol Dern Ars. 2017;45:275-277 pubmed publisherHyperthyroidism often causes tachyarrhythmia. Reversible atrioventricular block caused by hyperthyroidism is rare occurrence...
- Guan H, Chen Z, Zhou Y, Liu J, Sun W, Yuan J, et al. [Pre- and post-orthotopic heart transplantation electrocardiogram characteristics of 998 patients]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2017;45:299-306 pubmed publisher..91%(67/110) patients after OHT. Pseudo complete atrioventricular block mostly occurred at 2 days after OHT. Prevalence of double sinus rhythm was 27...
- Lopes N, Cavaco D, Carmo P, Scanavacca M, Adragao P. Leadless Pacemaker: a New Concept in Cardiac Pacing. Arq Bras Cardiol. 2016;107:381-382 pubmed
- Xue Y, Zhan X, Wu S, Wang H, Liu Y, Liao Z, et al. Experimental, Pathologic, and Clinical Findings of Radiofrequency Catheter Ablation of Para-Hisian Region From the Right Ventricle in Dogs and Humans. Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2017;10: pubmed publisherAblation of para-Hisian accessory pathway (AP) poses high risks of atrioventricular block. We developed a pacing technique to differentiate the near-field (NF) from far-field His activations to avoid the complication...
- Takahashi M, Mouillet G, Deballon R, Sudre A, Lellouche N, Lim P, et al. Impact of QRS Duration on Decision of Early Removal of Pacing Catheter After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement With CoreValve Device. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:838-843 pubmed publisher..Although post-TAVI QRSd is highly predictive for advanced atrioventricular block (AVB), management of delayed AVB after TAVI remains unclear...
- Maseda Uriza R, Jurado Román A, Jiménez Díaz J, Piqueras Flores J, Higuera Sobrino F, Oliva De Anquin E. Hybrid Approach for the Treatment of Superior Vena Cava Syndrome Induced by Pacemaker. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:e131-e132 pubmed publisher..We report a case of pacemaker-induced SVCS for which we used a hybrid approach for epicardial lead implantation and electrode extraction, balloon angioplasty, and stent implantation. ..
- Sonesson S, Hedlund M, Ambrosi A, Wahren Herlenius M. Factors influencing fetal cardiac conduction in anti-Ro/SSA-positive pregnancies. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2017;56:1755-1762 pubmed publisher..The association of maternal age, season of the year and history of atrioventricular block (AVB) with the development of fetal Doppler and neonatal ECG conduction disturbances was evaluated in 212 ..
- Luethy D, Slack J, Kraus M, Gelzer A, Habecker P, Johnson A. Third-Degree Atrioventricular Block and Collapse Associated with Eosinophilic Myocarditis in a Horse. J Vet Intern Med. 2017;31:884-889 pubmed publisherThird-degree atrioventricular block (AVB) and primary inflammatory myocarditis are uncommon findings in horses...
- Chernova A, Nikulina S, Tret iakova S, Maksimov V, Voevoda M, Chernov V. [The role of alfa-2-beta-adrenoreceptor in development of ventricular conduction disturbance]. Vestn Ross Akad Med Nauk. 2014;:60-4 pubmed..Polymorphism DD of a gene ADRA2B is a genetic predictor of predisposition to the blockade of the right and left bundle branch block. ..
- Keßler M, Gonska B, Seeger J, Rottbauer W, Wohrle J. Predictors of permanent pacemaker implantation after transfemoral aortic valve implantation with the Lotus valve. Am Heart J. 2017;192:57-63 pubmed publisher..In patients with severe aortic stenosis receiving transfemoral Lotus valve, preexisting AV block first degree, RBBB, and implantation depth are independent predictors of PPMI, highlighting the importance of careful valve positioning. ..