Genomes and Genes
Summary: The finer blood vessels of the vasculature that are generally less than 100 microns in internal diameter.
- Lee B, Joo K, Choi E, Jahng J, Kim H, Kim E. Evans blue dye-enhanced imaging of the brain microvessels using spectral focusing coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185519 pubmed publisherWe performed dye-enhanced imaging of mouse brain microvessels using spectral focusing coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering (SF-CARS) microscopy...
- DeStefano J, Xu Z, Williams A, Yimam N, Searson P. Effect of shear stress on iPSC-derived human brain microvascular endothelial cells (dhBMECs). Fluids Barriers CNS. 2017;14:20 pubmed publisherThe endothelial cells that form the lumen of capillaries and microvessels are an important component of the blood-brain barrier...
- Chung C, Chang Y, Ding Y, Lim K, Liu Q, Zhu L, et al. ?-Klotho expression determines nitric oxide synthesis in response to FGF-23 in human aortic endothelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176817 pubmed publisher..Klotho was not detected in cerebral microvascular ECs and its absence may render these cells nonresponsive to FGF-23. ..
- Melican K, Aubey F, Dumenil G. Humanized mouse model to study bacterial infections targeting the microvasculature. J Vis Exp. 2014;: pubmed publisher..In this protocol, we describe a humanized model for this infection in which human skin, containing dermal microvessels, is grafted onto immunocompromised mice...
- van Hoof R, Hermeling E, Sluimer J, Salzmann J, Hoeks A, Roussel J, et al. Heart rate lowering treatment leads to a reduction in vulnerable plaque features in atherosclerotic rabbits. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179024 pubmed publisher..The current study suggests that HR reduction may be beneficial for inducing or maintaining a more stable plaque phenotype. ..
- van Agtmaal M, Houben A, Pouwer F, Stehouwer C, Schram M. Association of Microvascular Dysfunction With Late-Life Depression: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. JAMA Psychiatry. 2017;74:729-739 pubmed publisher..Recent evidence suggests that microvascular dysfunction is associated with depression, which may have implications for prevention and treatment. However, this association has not been systematically reviewed...
- Humeau Heurtier A, Abraham P, Mahe G. Analysis of laser speckle contrast images variability using a novel empirical mode decomposition: comparison of results with laser Doppler flowmetry signals variability. IEEE Trans Med Imaging. 2015;34:618-27 pubmed publisher..CEEMDAN, EMD and EEMD are data-driven methods that can provide a better knowledge of LSCI. ..
- Schmidt R, Seiler S, Loitfelder M. Longitudinal change of small-vessel disease-related brain abnormalities. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2016;36:26-39 pubmed..For other small-vessel disease–related brain abnormalities including microbleeds and microstructural changes in normal-appearing white matter longitudinal change and correlations with clinical decline is not yet fully determined. ..
- Salvador E, Neuhaus W, Foerster C. Stretch in brain microvascular endothelial cells (cEND) as an in vitro traumatic brain injury model of the blood brain barrier. J Vis Exp. 2013;:e50928 pubmed publisher..In addition, due to the simplicity of the method, experimental set-ups are easily duplicated. Thus, this model can be used in studying the cellular and molecular mechanisms involved in TBI at the BBB. ..
- Chang J, Mancuso M, Maier C, Liang X, Yuki K, Yang L, et al. Gpr124 is essential for blood-brain barrier integrity in central nervous system disease. Nat Med. 2017;23:450-460 pubmed publisher..This finding implicates Gpr124 as a potential therapeutic target for human CNS disorders characterized by BBB disruption. ..
- Tanaka C, Shizuma T, Shinozaki Y, Todoroki K, Ikeya Y, Fukuyama N, et al. Evaluation of Intracranial Microvessel Visualization in Mouse and Dog Models by Using a New Rotating Cerium Anode X-ray System. Tokai J Exp Clin Med. 2017;42:1-9 pubmed..The cerium anode X-ray system allowed us to visualize the perforating branches of the middle cerebral artery in living dogs. ..
- van Leijsen E, de Leeuw F, Tuladhar A. Disease progression and regression in sporadic small vessel disease-insights from neuroimaging. Clin Sci (Lond). 2017;131:1191-1206 pubmed publisher..We will discuss possible mechanisms and clinical implications of a dynamic time course of SVD, with both progression and regression of SVD markers. ..
- Chen X, Liu S, Gao G, Yan D, Jiang W. Effects of vacuum sealing drainage on the treatment of cranial bone-exposed wounds in rabbits. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2017;50:e5837 pubmed publisher..We concluded that VSD can promote healing in bone-exposed wounds via increasing hydroxyproline content and vessel density, reducing inflammatory responses and generating ordered collagen arrangement...
- Ihara K, Fukuda S, Enkhtaivan B, Trujillo R, Pérez Bello D, Nelson C, et al. Adipose-derived stem cells attenuate pulmonary microvascular hyperpermeability after smoke inhalation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185937 pubmed publisher..Adipose-derived stem cells (ASCs) exert potent anti-inflammatory properties. The goal of the present study was to test the safety and ecfficacy of ASCs, in a well-characterized clinically relevant ovine model of ARDS...
- Hansen T, KjÃ¦r Frifeldt S, Morgenthaler S, Blondal T, Lindebjerg J, Jakobsen A, et al. The prognostic value of microRNA-126 and microvessel density in patients with stage II colon cancer: results from a population cohort. J Transl Med. 2014;12:254 pubmed publisher..The analysis of miRNA-126 expression was performed by qPCR. Microvessels were visualised by CD105 and quantified in hot spots using a light microscope...
- Gómez Zepeda D, Chaves C, Taghi M, Sergent P, Liu W, Chhuon C, et al. Targeted unlabeled multiple reaction monitoring analysis of cell markers for the study of sample heterogeneity in isolated rat brain cortical microvessels. J Neurochem. 2017;142:597-609 pubmed publisher..total protein) is employed for the molecular characterization of the blood-brain barrier using isolated brain microvessels. Nevertheless, the heterogeneity of the sample regarding the levels of different cells co-isolated within the ..
- Benedykt V. [ABOUT THE ROLE OF DIGESTIVE TRACT DECOMPRESSION IN PATIENTS WITH ACUTE BOWEL OBSTRUCTION. MISTAKES, COMPLICATIONS AND THEIR PREVENTION]. Georgian Med News. 2017;:103-110 pubmed..We emphasizethat intestinal decompression in patients with acute small bowel obstruction improves the results of surgery. ..
- Thompson J, Larion S, Mintz J, Belin De Chantemele E, Fulton D, Stepp D. Genetic Deletion of NADPH Oxidase 1 Rescues Microvascular Function in Mice With Metabolic Disease. Circ Res. 2017;121:502-511 pubmed publisher..Therefore, targeted Nox1 inhibition may be effective in the prevention of vascular complications. ..
- Ma G, Zhang J, Jiang H, Zhang N, Zhu Y, Deng Y, et al. Microvessel density as a prognostic factor in esophageal squamous cell cancer patients: A meta-analysis. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7600 pubmed publisher..High MVD is a prognostic factor among ESCC that indicated worse prognosis in these patients. More studies are needed, and through abundant evidence, the topic could be re-evaluated by then. ..
- Orcholski M, Khurshudyan A, Shamskhou E, Yuan K, Chen I, Kodani S, et al. Reduced carboxylesterase 1 is associated with endothelial injury in methamphetamine-induced pulmonary arterial hypertension. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2017;313:L252-L266 pubmed publisher..was seen by lung immunofluorescence, CES1 expression was significantly reduced in endothelium of METH-PAH microvessels. Mass spectrometry analysis showed that healthy pulmonary microvascular endothelial cells (PMVECs) have the ..
- Morin K, Lenz M, Labat C, Tranquillo R. A mathematical model for understanding fluid flow through engineered tissues containing microvessels. J Biomech Eng. 2015;137:051003 pubmed publisherKnowledge is limited about fluid flow in tissues containing engineered microvessels, which can be substantially different in topology than native capillary networks...
- Skottman H, Muranen J, Lähdekorpi H, Pajula E, Makela K, Koivusalo L, et al. Contacting co-culture of human retinal microvascular endothelial cells alters barrier function of human embryonic stem cell derived retinal pigment epithelial cells. Exp Cell Res. 2017;359:101-111 pubmed publisher..In addition, co-culture revealed drastic cell line specific differences, most notably in growth factor secretion. This model has the potential to be used as an in vitro outer blood-retinal barrier model for drug permeability testing...
- Kawasaki R, Cheung N, Mosley T, Islam A, Sharrett A, Klein R, et al. Retinal microvascular signs and 10-year risk of cerebral atrophy: the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) study. Stroke. 2010;41:1826-8 pubmed publisher..These data support a microvascular etiology for subcortical but not cortical cerebral atrophy. ..
- . Long-term effects of lifestyle intervention or metformin on diabetes development and microvascular complications over 15-year follow-up: the Diabetes Prevention Program Outcomes Study. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2015;3:866-75 pubmed publisher..This result supports the importance of diabetes prevention. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. ..
- Ibbotson K, Yell J, Ronaldson P. Nrf2 signaling increases expression of ATP-binding cassette subfamily C mRNA transcripts at the blood-brain barrier following hypoxia-reoxygenation stress. Fluids Barriers CNS. 2017;14:6 pubmed publisher..p.) for 3 h. Abcc mRNA expression in brain microvessels was determined using quantitative real-time PCR...
- Lockhart C, McCann A, Agnew C, Hamilton P, Quinn C, McClenaghan V, et al. Impaired microvascular properties in uncomplicated type 1 diabetes identified by Doppler ultrasound of the ocular circulation. Diab Vasc Dis Res. 2011;8:211-20 pubmed publisher..The technique may be useful as an additional marker of cardiovascular risk. ..
- Singla S, Sysol J, Dille B, Jones N, Chen J, Machado R. Hemin Causes Lung Microvascular Endothelial Barrier Dysfunction by Necroptotic Cell Death. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2017;57:307-314 pubmed publisher..Further studies examining the role of endothelial cell necroptosis in promoting noncardiogenic pulmonary edema during acute chest syndrome are warranted and may open a new avenue of potential treatments for this devastating disease. ..
- Lin L, Yeh Y, Chu C, Won J, Shyr Y, Chao Y, et al. Endocan expression is correlated with poor progression-free survival in patients with pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8262 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, endocan expression was correlated with poor clinical outcomes in PNETs. Our data indicated that endocan expression may be a reliable marker for predicting tumor recurrence in patients with PNETs. ..
- Poulos M, Ramalingam P, Gutkin M, Llanos P, Gilleran K, Rabbany S, et al. Endothelial transplantation rejuvenates aged hematopoietic stem cell function. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:4163-4178 pubmed publisher..These data lay the groundwork for the exploration of EC therapies that can serve as adjuvant modalities to enhance HSC engraftment and accelerate hematopoietic recovery in the elderly population following myelosuppressive regimens...
- Baker W, Parthasarathy A, Gannon K, Kavuri V, Busch D, Abramson K, et al. Noninvasive optical monitoring of critical closing pressure and arteriole compliance in human subjects. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2017;37:2691-2705 pubmed publisher..The measurements provide evidence that DCS signals originate predominantly from arteriole blood flow and are well suited for long-term continuous monitoring of CrCP and assessment of arteriole compliance in the clinic...
- Croall I, Lohner V, Moynihan B, Khan U, Hassan A, O Brien J, et al. Using DTI to assess white matter microstructure in cerebral small vessel disease (SVD) in multicentre studies. Clin Sci (Lond). 2017;131:1361-1373 pubmed publisher..The present study supports the use of DTI metrics as biomarkers of disease progression in multicentre studies. ..
- Eidsvaag V, Enger R, Hansson H, Eide P, Nagelhus E. Human and mouse cortical astrocytes differ in aquaporin-4 polarization toward microvessels. Glia. 2017;65:964-973 pubmed publisher..We conclude that there are hitherto unrecognized species differences in AQP4 polarization toward microvessels in the cerebral cortex.
- Li L, Lamoureux E, Wong T, Lek N. Short-term poor glycemic control and retinal microvascular changes in pediatric Type 1 Diabetes patients in Singapore: a pilot study. BMC Ophthalmol. 2017;17:60 pubmed publisher..Such morphological abnormalities may lead to future development of microvascular complications among T1D pediatric patients with poor glycemic control. ..
- Chalacheva P, Khaleel M, SUNWOO J, Shah P, Detterich J, Kato R, et al. Biophysical markers of the peripheral vasoconstriction response to pain in sickle cell disease. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178353 pubmed publisher..0167). This marked difference in BMn-v suggests that it is the most sensitive marker for quantifying combined alterations in autonomic and vascular function in SCD in response to heat-induced pain. ..
- Lansink M, Patyk V, de Groot H, Effenberger Neidnicht K. Melatonin reduces changes to small intestinal microvasculature during systemic inflammation. J Surg Res. 2017;211:114-125 pubmed publisher..Small intestine, liver, and kidney were histologically (structure of the microvessels, intravascular blood accumulation, and hemorrhages) and immunohistochemically (mast cells, granulocytes, and ..
- Xiang W, Tian C, Peng S, Zhou L, Pan S, Deng Z. Let-7i attenuates human brain microvascular endothelial cell damage in oxygen glucose deprivation model by decreasing toll-like receptor 4 expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:788-793 pubmed publisher..Upon silencing TLR4 expression in HBMECs, the anti-inflammatory effect of let-7i was abolished. Our research suggests that let-7i promotes OGD-induced inflammation via downregulating TLR4 expression. ..
- Bais C, Mueller B, Brady M, Mannel R, Burger R, Wei W, et al. Tumor Microvessel Density as a Potential Predictive Marker for Bevacizumab Benefit: GOG-0218 Biomarker Analyses. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2017;109: pubmed publisher..Evaluation of candidate biomarkers was an exploratory objective...
- Sinharoy P, Bratz I, Sinha S, Showalter L, Andrei S, Damron D. TRPA1 and TRPV1 contribute to propofol-mediated antagonism of U46619-induced constriction in murine coronary arteries. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180106 pubmed publisher..Isolated microvessels were cannulated and secured in a temperature-controlled chamber and allowed to equilibrate for 1 hr...
- Desilles J, Syvannarath V, Ollivier V, JournÃ© C, Delbosc S, Ducroux C, et al. Exacerbation of Thromboinflammation by Hyperglycemia Precipitates Cerebral Infarct Growth and Hemorrhagic Transformation. Stroke. 2017;48:1932-1940 pubmed publisher..Our results designate DMT as a possible target for reduction of the deleterious impact of hyperglycemia in acute ischemic stroke. ..
- Al Ahmad A. Comparative study of expression and activity of glucose transporters between stem cell-derived brain microvascular endothelial cells and hCMEC/D3 cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2017;313:C421-C429 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study suggests the presence of several glucose transporters isoforms at the human BBB and demonstrates the feasibility of modeling glucose across the BBB using patient-derived stem cells. ..
- Khaleel M, Puliyel M, Shah P, SUNWOO J, Kato R, Chalacheva P, et al. Individuals with sickle cell disease have a significantly greater vasoconstriction response to thermal pain than controls and have significant vasoconstriction in response to anticipation of pain. Am J Hematol. 2017;92:1137-1145 pubmed publisher..The rapidity of the global vasoconstriction response indicates a neural origin that may play a part in the transition from steady-state to VOC, and may also contribute to the variability in VOC frequency observed in SCD patients. ..
- Ismail T, Hsu L, Greve A, Goncalves C, Jabbour A, Gulati A, et al. Coronary microvascular ischemia in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy - a pixel-wise quantitative cardiovascular magnetic resonance perfusion study. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2014;16:49 pubmed publisher..086, 95% CI: 0.078 to 0.095, P=0.003). Pixel-wise quantitative CMR perfusion imaging identifies a subgroup of patients with HCM that have localised severe microvascular dysfunction which may give rise to myocardial ischemia. ..
- Xiong W, Cheeney G, Kim S, Kolesnikova V, Henninger B, Alexander J, et al. Radiologically Undetected Hepatocellular Carcinoma in Patients Undergoing Liver Transplantation: An Immunohistochemical Correlation With LI-RADS Score. Am J Surg Pathol. 2017;41:1466-1472 pubmed publisher..A significant association between the number and distribution of unpaired arteries and HCC detection has not been established by our study. ..
- Liu C, Gao J, Chen B, Chen L, Belguise K, Yu W, et al. Cyclooxygenase-2 promotes pulmonary intravascular macrophage accumulation by exacerbating BMP signaling in rat experimental hepatopulmonary syndrome. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;138:205-215 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that inhibition of COX-2 by parecoxib can improve the HPS through the repression of BMP signaling and macrophage accumulation. ..
- Zhou L, Rui J, Wang S, Chen S, Qu Q. Early recurrence in large hepatocellular carcinoma after curative hepatic resection: prognostic significance and risk factors. Hepatogastroenterology. 2014;61:2035-41 pubmed..Patients with early recurrence carried very poor post-recurrence prognosis in LHCC. The microvascular involvement and differentiation grade might be particularly helpful for prediction of early recurrence. ..
- Turrà F, La Padula S, Razzano S, Bonavolonta P, Nele G, Marlino S, et al. Microvascular free-flap transfer for head and neck reconstruction in elderly patients. BMC Surg. 2013;13 Suppl 2:S27 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that free-flap technique for head and neck reconstruction could be considered a safe option in elderly patients when a good pre-operative general status is present. ..
- Chen J, Mao S, Li H, Zheng M, Yi L, Lin J, et al. The pathological structure of the perivascular niche in different microvascular patterns of glioblastoma. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182183 pubmed publisher..05). According to the area distributions of different markers, we mapped four precise simulation diagrams to provide an effective foundation for the accurate simulation of glioblastoma in vitro. ..
- Zhu B, Zhou L, Yu L, Wu S, Song W, Gong X, et al. Evaluation of the correlation of vasculogenic mimicry, ALDH1, KAI1 and microvessel density in the prediction of metastasis and prognosis in colorectal carcinoma. BMC Surg. 2017;17:47 pubmed publisher..VM, MVD and the expression of ALDH1 and KAI1 may represent promising metastatic and prognostic biomarkers, as well as potential therapeutic targets for CRC. ..
- Abdullahi W, Brzica H, Ibbotson K, Davis T, Ronaldson P. Bone morphogenetic protein-9 increases the functional expression of organic anion transporting polypeptide 1a4 at the blood-brain barrier via the activin receptor-like kinase-1 receptor. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2017;37:2340-2345 pubmed publisher..kinase (ALK)-1 using bone morphogenetic protein (BMP)-9 increases Oatp1a4 protein expression in rat brain microvessels in vivo...
- Guo H, Kazadaeva Y, Ortega F, Manjunath N, Desai T. Trinucleotide repeat containing 6c (TNRC6c) is essential for microvascular maturation during distal airspace sacculation in the developing lung. Dev Biol. 2017;430:214-223 pubmed publisher..These results imply a complex and indirect mode of regulation of sacculation by TNRC6c, mediated in part by dynamic transcriptional repression of an inhibitor of TGF? family gene expression. ..
- Koulisis N, Kim A, Chu Z, Shahidzadeh A, Burkemper B, Olmos de Koo L, et al. Quantitative microvascular analysis of retinal venous occlusions by spectral domain optical coherence tomography angiography. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176404 pubmed publisher..The unaffected fellow eyes also demonstrate significant differences when compared to controls. OCTA allows for noninvasive, layer-specific, quantitative evaluation of RVO-associated microvascular changes. ..
- Hong Y, Cho M, Yoon K, Chu C, Yang K, Park Y, et al. Risk factors of early recurrence after curative hepatectomy in hepatocellular carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317720863 pubmed publisher..Patients with a high preoperative PIVKA-II level and extent of tumor necrosis, which are independent risk factors for early recurrence, should be actively treated and monitored closely after hepatectomy...
- Yin W, Clare K, Zhang Q, Volkow N, Du C. Chronic cocaine induces HIF-VEGF pathway activation along with angiogenesis in the brain. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175499 pubmed publisher..Therefore, effectively promoting such physiological responses may provide novel and effective therapeutic solutions to treat cocaine-induced cerebral ischemia and stroke. ..
- Qadri S, Su Y, Cayabyab F, Liu L. Endothelial Na+/H+ exchanger NHE1 participates in redox-sensitive leukocyte recruitment triggered by methylglyoxal. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2014;13:134 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological inhibition of NHE1 attenuates the proinflammatory effects of excessive MG and may, thus, be beneficial in diabetes-associated inflammation. ..
- Luo M, Flood E, Almeida D, Yan L, Berlin D, Heerdt P, et al. Annexin A2 supports pulmonary microvascular integrity by linking vascular endothelial cadherin and protein tyrosine phosphatases. J Exp Med. 2017;214:2535-2545 pubmed publisher..We conclude that ANXA2 contributes to pulmonary microvascular integrity by enabling VEC-related phosphatase activity, thereby preventing vascular leak during alveolar hypoxia. ..
- Duck K, Simpson I, Connor J. Regulatory mechanisms for iron transport across the blood-brain barrier. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;494:70-75 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our data provide an explanation for the disparity in the ratio of Tf to iron transport into the brain that has confounded the field. ..
- Zhikun G, Liping M, Kang G, Yaofeng W. Structural relationship between microlymphatic and microvascullar blood vessels in the rabbit ventricular myocardium. Lymphology. 2013;46:193-201 pubmed..This study suggests that lymphatic and blood capillaries exist in abundance and in nearly identical numbers in the ventricular myocardium and that they interweave with each other to comprise a complicated vessel network. ..
- Liew G, Benitez Aguirre P, Craig M, Jenkins A, Hodgson L, Kifley A, et al. Progressive Retinal Vasodilation in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes: A Longitudinal Study of Retinal Vascular Geometry. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:2503-2509 pubmed publisher..Arteriolar fractal dimension predicts subsequent retinopathy development, suggesting value as a potential biomarker for diabetic complications. ..
- Provost E, Int Panis L, Saenen N, Kicinski M, Louwies T, Vrijens K, et al. Recent versus chronic fine particulate air pollution exposure as determinant of the retinal microvasculature in school children. Environ Res. 2017;159:103-110 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the microcirculation, with retinal microvasculature as a proxy in this study, is a pathophysiological target for air pollution in children. ..
- Ntellas P, Perivoliotis K, Dadouli K, Koukoulis G, Ioannou M. Microvessel Density as a Surrogate Prognostic Marker in Patients with Multiple Myeloma: A Meta-Analysis. Acta Haematol. 2017;138:77-84 pubmed publisher..0001) at 36 months, and 3.42 (95% CI: 2.41-4.85, p < 0.00001) at 60 months, in favor of the low MVD group. This meta-analysis provides persuasive evidence that MVD has significant impact on the clinical outcome of MM patients. ..
- Chong M, O DONNELL M, Thijs V, Dans A, LÃ³pez Jaramillo P, GÃ³mez ArbelÃ¡ez D, et al. Mendelian Genes and Risk of Intracerebral Hemorrhage and Small-Vessel Ischemic Stroke in Sporadic Cases. Stroke. 2017;48:2263-2265 pubmed publisher..93; 95% confidence interval, 0.75-1.16; P=0.55). In the absence of syndromic features and family history of stroke, screening for Mendelian mutations among small-vessel stroke patients is unlikely to have high diagnostic utility. ..
- Chen X, Cooke D, Saloner D, Nelson J, Su H, Lawton M, et al. Higher Flow Is Present in Unruptured Arteriovenous Malformations With Silent Intralesional Microhemorrhages. Stroke. 2017;48:2881-2884 pubmed publisher..Shorter mean transit time through the AVM nidus, lower DV TTP/FA TTP, and the high prevalence of venous varices suggests that high flow is an important feature of unruptured bAVMs with hemosiderin. ..
- Zhu Z, He B, Mao Y, Zhao L, Zhou X, Zhu Q, et al. Comparative study of 3D reconstruction of rat sciatic nerve microvessels using Evans blue and lead oxide. Neurol Res. 2014;36:992-1000 pubmed publisher..Many investigators have studied how intraneural microvessels are distributed and ways to promote the angiogenesis of grafts...
- Girault V, Gilard V, Marguet F, Lesueur C, Hauchecorne M, Ramdani Y, et al. Prenatal alcohol exposure impairs autophagy in neonatal brain cortical microvessels. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2610 pubmed publisher..This study aimed at characterizing the ethanol exposure impact on the autophagic process in brain microvessels in human fetuses with fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS) and in a PAE mouse model...
- Lee E, Lee K, Lee S, Kim T. Parapapillary Choroidal Microvasculature Dropout in Glaucoma: A Comparison between Optical Coherence Tomography Angiography and Indocyanine Green Angiography. Ophthalmology. 2017;124:1209-1217 pubmed publisher..A localized MvD observed in the parapapillary choroid using OCTA coincided with the ICGPD detected by ICGA. These findings indicate that OCTA accurately images impaired parapapillary choroidal circulation. ..
- Masciantonio M, Lee C, Arpino V, Mehta S, Gill S. The Balance Between Metalloproteinases and TIMPs: Critical Regulator of Microvascular Endothelial Cell Function in Health and Disease. Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci. 2017;147:101-131 pubmed publisher..This chapter is focused on examining the role of the metalloproteinases and TIMPs in regulation of MVEC function in both health and disease. ..
- Chen M, Whisler J, Fröse J, Yu C, Shin Y, Kamm R. On-chip human microvasculature assay for visualization and quantification of tumor cell extravasation dynamics. Nat Protoc. 2017;12:865-880 pubmed publisher..This is coupled with the capability for live tracking of single-cell extravasation events, allowing both tumor and endothelial morphological dynamics to be observed in high detail with a moderate number of data points. ..
- Mokgokong R, Wang S, Taylor C, Barrand M, Hladky S. Ion transporters in brain endothelial cells that contribute to formation of brain interstitial fluid. Pflugers Arch. 2014;466:887-901 pubmed..provides evidence for Cl?/HCO3? exchanger, AE2, and Na+, HCO3? cotransporters, NBCe1 and NBCn1, on brain microvessels. mRNA analysis by RT-PCR reveals expression of these transporters in cultured rat brain microvascular ..
- Beaudry J, Fairhurst R. Microvascular sequestration of Plasmodium falciparum. Blood. 2011;117:6410 pubmed
- Rosenberg G, Wallin A, Wardlaw J, Markus H, Montaner J, Wolfson L, et al. Consensus statement for diagnosis of subcortical small vessel disease. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2016;36:6-25 pubmed..This consensus statement identifies a potential set of biomarkers based on underlying pathologic changes that could facilitate diagnosis and aid patient selection for future collaborative treatment trials. ..
- Li L, Kim I, Chiasson V, Chatterjee P, Gupta S. NF-?B mediated miR-130a modulation in lung microvascular cell remodeling: Implication in pulmonary hypertension. Exp Cell Res. 2017;359:235-242 pubmed publisher..The findings reveal that NF-?B-mediated miR-130a modulation is critical in lung vascular remodeling. ..
- Roberts F, Hupple C, Norowski E, Walsh N, Przewozniak N, Aryee K, et al. Possible type 1 diabetes risk prediction: Using ultrasound imaging to assess pancreas inflammation in the inducible autoimmune diabetes BBDR model. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178641 pubmed publisher..Due to ultrasound's established use as a non-invasive diagnostic tool, it may prove useful in a clinical setting for type 1 diabetes risk prediction prior to autoimmunity and to assess the effectiveness of potential therapeutics. ..