Genomes and Genes
Summary: 5'-Uridylic acid. A uracil nucleotide containing one phosphate group esterified to the sugar moiety in the 2', 3' or 5' position.
Publications111 found, 100 shown here
- Azhar K, Qudrat E Khuda M, Khan K, Ahmad V. Negative ion FAB mass spectroscopy of some ribose alkylated 5'-UMP derivatives. Nat Prod Res. 2004;18:11-4 pubmed..All the compounds examined exhibited either [M]- or quasimolecular ion [M - H]- the fragmentations can be used to characterize these nucleotides. ..
- Bello A, Poduch E, Fujihashi M, Amani M, Li Y, Crandall I, et al. A potent, covalent inhibitor of orotidine 5'-monophosphate decarboxylase with antimalarial activity. J Med Chem. 2007;50:915-21 pubmed publisher..2 +/- 0.7 microM against P. falciparum ItG and 3D7 isolates, respectively. 6-Iodouridine 5'-monophosphate is a novel covalent inhibitor of ODCase, and its nucleoside analogue paves the way to a new class of inhibitors against malaria...
- Membreno F, Lawitz E. The HCV NS5B nucleoside and non-nucleoside inhibitors. Clin Liver Dis. 2011;15:611-26 pubmed publisher..Direct-acting antiviral combination trials that have already shown some early promising results even in the setting of interferon-sparing antiviral regimens are discussed. ..
- Chun B, Du J, Zhang H, Chang W, Ross B, Jiang Y, et al. Synthesis of stable isotope labeled analogs of the anti-hepatitis C virus nucleotide prodrugs PSI-7977 and PSI-352938. Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids. 2011;30:886-96 pubmed publisher..As expected, these 2 '-C-(trideuterated-(13)C-methyl) nucleotide prodrugs showed similar anti-HCV activity to that of the corresponding unlabeled ones. ..
- Cummings J, Scheltens P, McKeith I, Blesa R, Harrison J, Bertolucci P, et al. Effect Size Analyses of Souvenaid in Patients with Alzheimer's Disease. J Alzheimers Dis. 2017;55:1131-1139 pubmedSouvenaid® (uridine monophosphate, docosahexaenoic acid, eicosapentaenoic acid, choline, phospholipids, folic acid, vitamins B12, B6, C, and E, and selenium), was developed to support the formation and function of neuronal membranes...
- Thoden J, Holden H, Wesenberg G, Raushel F, Rayment I. Structure of carbamoyl phosphate synthetase: a journey of 96 A from substrate to product. Biochemistry. 1997;36:6305-16 pubmed..The reactive and unstable enzyme intermediates must therefore be sequentially channeled from one active site to the next through the interior of the protein. ..
- Banerjee S, Cui J, Robbins P, Samuelson J. Use of Giardia, which appears to have a single nucleotide-sugar transporter for UDP-GlcNAc, to identify the UDP-Glc transporter of Entamoeba. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2008;159:44-53 pubmed publisher..In summary, all three NSTs of Entamoeba and the single NST of Giardia have been molecularly characterized, and transfected Giardia provides a new system for testing heterologous UDP-Glc transporters. ..
- Bhoye D, Cherian S. Computational analysis of the effect of polymerase acidic (PA) gene mutation F35L in the 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) virus on binding aspects of mononucleotides in the endonuclease domain. Arch Virol. 2018;163:1031-1036 pubmed publisher..This study suggests a molecular mechanism of enhanced polymerase activity. ..
- Sugatani J, Iwai T, Watanabe M, Machida K, Tanaka T, Maeda T, et al. Inhibition of rabbit platelet aggregation by nucleoside 5'-alkylphosphates: correlation with inhibition of agonist-induced calcium influx. Biochem Pharmacol. 2000;60:197-205 pubmed..These experiments suggest that inhibition of calcium influx associated with receptor-mediated platelet activation may be involved in the action of UMPC16. ..
- Carrey E, Dietz C, Glubb D, Loffler M, Lucocq J, Watson P. Detection and location of the enzymes of de novo pyrimidine biosynthesis in mammalian spermatozoa. Reproduction. 2002;123:757-68 pubmed..The aim of the present study was to test the hypothesis that the enzymes for biosynthesis of uridine monophosphate (UMP) are concentrated near the mitochondria, which are segregated in the mid-piece of spermatozoa...
- Deng J, Ernst N, Turley S, Stuart K, Hol W. Structural basis for UTP specificity of RNA editing TUTases from Trypanosoma brucei. EMBO J. 2005;24:4007-17 pubmed publisher..This insertion is present in all trypanosomatid TUTases. We also show that TbRET2 is essential for survival of the bloodstream form of the parasite and therefore is a potential target for drug therapy...
- Knobloch B, Sigel H, Okruszek A, Sigel R. Acid-base properties of the nucleic-acid model 2'-deoxyguanylyl(5'-->3')-2'-deoxy-5'-guanylate, d(pGpG)3-, and of related guanine derivatives. Org Biomol Chem. 2006;4:1085-90 pubmed..g. pGpG, which is involved in the initiation step of a rotavirus RNA polymerase. The relevance of our results for nucleic acids in general is briefly indicated. ..
- Puffer B, Moroder H, Aigner M, Micura R. 2'-Methylseleno-modified oligoribonucleotides for X-ray crystallography synthesized by the ACE RNA solid-phase approach. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:970-83 pubmed..Thus far, preparation of 2'-methylseleno-modified oligoribonucleotides has been restricted to the 2'-O-[(triisopropylsilyl)oxy]methyl (TOM) and 2'-O-tert-butyldimethylsilyl (TBDMS) RNA synthesis methods. ..
- Kamphuis P, Wurtman R. Nutrition and Alzheimer's disease: pre-clinical concepts. Eur J Neurol. 2009;16 Suppl 1:12-8 pubmed publisher..membrane phosphatide synthesis requires at least three dietary precursors: polyunsaturated fatty acids, uridine monophosphate (UMP) and choline...
- Younossi Z, Gordon S, Ahmed A, Dieterich D, Saab S, Beckerman R. Treating Medicaid patients with hepatitis C: clinical and economic impact. Am J Manag Care. 2017;23:107-112 pubmed..Current restrictive state policies regarding HCV treatment in Medicaid populations must be reassessed in light of these data. ..
- Greenstock C, Whitehouse R. Radiation chemical studies of sensitization by 5-bromouridine-5'-monophosphate (5-BrUMP). Radiat Environ Biophys. 1992;31:1-9 pubmed..This hypothesis is supported by the action of oxygen and thiols in modifying the e-aq-mediated sugar-phosphate damage. ..
- Ikeda M, Wachi M, Jung H, Ishino F, Matsuhashi M. The Escherichia coli mraY gene encoding UDP-N-acetylmuramoyl-pentapeptide: undecaprenyl-phosphate phospho-N-acetylmuramoyl-pentapeptide transferase. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:1021-6 pubmed..The enhanced enzyme activity was sensitive to tunicamycin, and the amino tunicamycin-sensitive N-acetylglucosamine-1-phosphate transferase of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Very probably mraY is the structural gene for the above enzyme. ..
- Darzacq X, Jady B, Verheggen C, Kiss A, Bertrand E, Kiss T. Cajal body-specific small nuclear RNAs: a novel class of 2'-O-methylation and pseudouridylation guide RNAs. EMBO J. 2002;21:2746-56 pubmed..Our results provide strong support for the idea that the Cajal body, this mysterious nuclear organelle, provides the cellular locale for post-transcriptional modification of spliceosomal snRNAs...
- Shah S, Jain P, Kala A, Karunakaran D, Friedman S. Light-activated RNA interference using double-stranded siRNA precursors modified using a remarkable regiospecificity of diazo-based photolabile groups. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:4508-17 pubmed publisher..These modified dsRNA duplexes show superior performance to our previously described DMNPE-modified siRNA, with the range of expression that can be toggled by light increasing by a factor of two. ..
- Kanavarioti A. Preference for internucleotide linkages as a function of the number of constituents in a mixture. J Mol Evol. 1998;46:622-32 pubmed..A possible link between prebiotic chemistry and the postulated RNA world is discussed. ..
- García Fuentes L, Baron C, Mayorga O. Influence of dynamic power compensation in an isothermal titration microcalorimeter. Anal Chem. 1998;70:4615-23 pubmed..Therefore, the calorimetric study is extended to the other nucleotides, 2'-UMP and 5'-dUMP, which have not hitherto been reported in the literature. ..
- Sivaraman J, Sauv V, Larocque R, Stura E, Schrag J, Cygler M, et al. Structure of the 16S rRNA pseudouridine synthase RsuA bound to uracil and UMP. Nat Struct Biol. 2002;9:353-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that all four families of pseudouridine synthases share the same fold of their catalytic domain(s) and uracil-binding site...
- Ferris J. Montmorillonite catalysis of 30-50 mer oligonucleotides: laboratory demonstration of potential steps in the origin of the RNA world. Orig Life Evol Biosph. 2002;32:311-32 pubmed..The potential significance of the mineral catalyzed formation of 50 mer oligonucleotides to the origin of life based on RNA (the RNA world scenario) is discussed. ..
- Yoshida T, Nasu H, Namba E, Ubukata O, Yamashita M. Discovery of a compound which acts as a bacterial UMP kinase PyrH inhibitor. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2012;330:121-6 pubmed publisher..pneumoniae, Staphylococcus aureus, H. influenzae (acrA knockout strain), suggesting that PYRH-1 is a prototype chemical compound that can be harnessed as an antimicrobial drug with a novel mode of action by targeting bacterial PyrH. ..
- Morasco B, Sharma N, Parilla J, Flanegan J. Poliovirus cre(2C)-dependent synthesis of VPgpUpU is required for positive- but not negative-strand RNA synthesis. J Virol. 2003;77:5136-44 pubmed..The pool of excess VPgpUpU synthesized on the cre(2C) hairpin should support high levels of positive-strand synthesis and thereby promote the asymmetric replication of poliovirus RNA. ..
- Boerner J, Lyle J, Daijogo S, Semler B, Schultz S, Kirkegaard K, et al. Allosteric effects of ligands and mutations on poliovirus RNA-dependent RNA polymerase. J Virol. 2005;79:7803-11 pubmed..In conclusion, the efficiency and specificity of VPg uridylylation by picornavirus polymerases is greatly influenced by allosteric effects of ligand binding that are likely to be relevant during the viral replicative cycle. ..
- Ong H, Sienkiewicz N, Wyllie S, Patterson S, Fairlamb A. Trypanosoma brucei (UMP synthase null mutants) are avirulent in mice, but recover virulence upon prolonged culture in vitro while retaining pyrimidine auxotrophy. Mol Microbiol. 2013;90:443-55 pubmed publisher..We propose that this may be responsible for the recovery of virulence in mice, due to host metabolism converting orotate to uridine, thereby bypassing the loss of UMPS in the parasite. ..
- He N, Wu P, Lei Y, Xu B, Zhu X, Xu G, et al. Construction of an octosyl acid backbone catalyzed by a radical S-adenosylmethionine enzyme and a phosphatase in the biosynthesis of high-carbon sugar nucleoside antibiotics. Chem Sci. 2017;8:444-451 pubmed publisher..These results provide, for the first time, significant in vitro evidence for the biosynthetic origins of the C8 backbone of OA. ..
- Majumdar S, Ghatak J, Mukherji S, Bhattacharjee H, Bhaduri A. UDPgalactose 4-epimerase from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. A bifunctional enzyme with aldose 1-epimerase activity. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:753-9 pubmed..cerevisiae UDPgalactose 4-epimerase is a bifunctional enzyme with aldose 1-epimerase activity. The active sites for these two enzymatic activities are located in different regions of the epimerase holoenzyme. ..
- Steil B, Barton D. Poliovirus cis-acting replication element-dependent VPg Uridylylation lowers the Km of the initiating nucleoside triphosphate for viral RNA replication. J Virol. 2008;82:9400-8 pubmed publisher..By lowering the concentration of UTP needed for the initiation of RNA replication, CRE-dependent VPg uridylylation provides a mechanism for a more robust initiation of RNA replication. ..
- Ohtani Y, Kobayashi Y, Takahashi T, Haga S, Takagi M, Mashiko T, et al. Effects of 5'-uridylic acid feeding on postprandial plasma concentrations of metabolites and metabolic hormones in pre-weaning goats. Anim Sci J. 2009;80:570-6 pubmed publisher..We conclude that UMP feeding with milk replacer showed a tendency to blunt the postprandial changes in levels of some plasma metabolites and hormones that are induced by replacer alone in pre-weaning goats. ..
- Etxeberria U, Arias N, BoquÃ© N, Romo Hualde A, Macarulla M, Portillo M, et al. Metabolic faecal fingerprinting of trans-resveratrol and quercetin following a high-fat sucrose dietary model using liquid chromatography coupled to high-resolution mass spectrometry. Food Funct. 2015;6:2758-67 pubmed publisher..The trans-resveratrol group was differentiated by compounds related to nucleotides (uridine monophosphate and 2,4-dioxotetrahydropyrimidine D-ribonucleotide)...
- Porter D, Short S. Yeast orotidine-5'-phosphate decarboxylase: steady-state and pre-steady-state analysis of the kinetic mechanism of substrate decarboxylation. Biochemistry. 2000;39:11788-800 pubmed..These results suggested that the nucleobase did not contribute significantly to the success of formation of the initial enzyme-substrate complex. ..
- Briozzo P, Evrin C, Meyer P, Assairi L, Joly N, Barzu O, et al. Structure of Escherichia coli UMP kinase differs from that of other nucleoside monophosphate kinases and sheds new light on enzyme regulation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:25533-40 pubmed..As bacterial UMP kinases have no counterpart in eukaryotes, the information provided here could help the design of new antibiotics. ..
- Besant P, Attwood P. Detection and analysis of protein histidine phosphorylation. Mol Cell Biochem. 2009;329:93-106 pubmed publisher..This review provides an overview of methods available for the detection and analysis of phosphohistidine in phosphoproteins, with particular emphasis on the application of mass spectrometric techniques. ..
- Russo Abrahão T, Cosentino Gomes D, Gomes M, Alviano D, Alviano C, Lopes A, et al. Biochemical properties of Candida parapsilosis ecto-5'-nucleotidase and the possible role of adenosine in macrophage interaction. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2011;317:34-42 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that the existence of an ecto-5'-nucleotidase could play a role in the control of extracellular nucleotide concentrations. ..
- Flisiak R, Jaroszewicz J, Parfieniuk Kowerda A. Emerging treatments for hepatitis C. Expert Opin Emerg Drugs. 2013;18:461-75 pubmed publisher..The introduction of novel DAA with a good safety profile and high barrier to resistance can lead to SVR rates exceeding 90% in treatment naïve patients and non-responders to previous therapy infected with different genotypes. ..
- Miura T, Natsume S, Kanemoto K, Atsumi K, Fushimi H, Sasai H, et al. Novel azalides derived from sixteen-membered macrolides. J Antibiot (Tokyo). 2007;60:407-35 pubmed..For environmental preservation, sustainable chemistry for synthesis of these azalides is also discussed. ..
- Mukherjee S, Manna S, Mukherjee P, Panda C. Differential alterations in metabolic pattern of the spliceosomal uridylic acid-rich small nuclear RNAs (UsnRNAs) during malignant transformation of 20-methylcholanthrene-induced mouse CNCI-PM-20 embryonic fibroblasts. Mol Carcinog. 2009;48:773-8 pubmed publisher
- Musick W. Structural features of the phosphoribosyltransferases and their relationship to the human deficiency disorders of purine and pyrimidine metabolism. CRC Crit Rev Biochem. 1981;11:1-34 pubmed..It is proposed that these disorders are the consequence of structural mutations to an architectural domain common to all of the phosphoribosyltransferases. ..
- Mora P, Rubio V, Cervera J. Mechanism of oligomerization of Escherichia coli carbamoyl phosphate synthetase and modulation by the allosteric effectors. A site-directed mutagenesis study. FEBS Lett. 2002;511:6-10 pubmed..A mechanism for effector-mediated changes of the oligomerization state is proposed. ..
- Ferenci P. Treatment of chronic hepatitis C--are interferons really necessary?. Liver Int. 2012;32 Suppl 1:108-12 pubmed publisher..Various other combinations are investigated currently. Providing that phase 3 studies will confirm these exciting data, direct acting antivirals or host targets will replace peginterferon/ribavirin combination therapy. ..
- Bähre H, Danker K, Stasch J, Kaever V, Seifert R. Nucleotidyl cyclase activity of soluble guanylyl cyclase in intact cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;443:1195-9 pubmed publisher..The identity of cCMP and cUMP was unambiguously confirmed by HPLC-time-of-flight mass spectrometry. Our data indicate that cCMP and cUMP play second messenger roles and that Mn(2+) is a physiological sGC cofactor. ..
- Raugei S, Cascella M, Carloni P. A proficient enzyme: insights on the mechanism of orotidine monophosphate decarboxylase from computer simulations. J Am Chem Soc. 2004;126:15730-7 pubmed..5 x 10(16)) in agreement with experiments (k(cat)/k(wat) = 1.7 x 10(17)). The decarboxylation is accompanied by the movement of a fully conserved lysine residue toward the developing negative charge at the C6 position. ..
- Secnik J, Gelfand C, Jentoft J. Retroviral nucleocapsid protein specifically recognizes the base and the ribose of mononucleotides and mononucleotide components. Biochemistry. 1992;31:2982-8 pubmed..The stoichiometry of the complex between bis-ANS and NC was established to be NC.(bis-ANS)3.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Jády B, Kiss T. A small nucleolar guide RNA functions both in 2'-O-ribose methylation and pseudouridylation of the U5 spliceosomal RNA. EMBO J. 2001;20:541-51 pubmed..The U85 is the first example of a snoRNA that directs modification of an RNA polymerase II-transcribed spliceosomal RNA and that functions both in RNA pseudouridylation and 2'-O-methylation. ..
- West T. Regulation of pyrimidine nucleotide formation in Pseudomonas reptilivora. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2004;38:81-6 pubmed..fluorescens. This investigation found that pyrimidine biosynthesis is controlled in Ps. reptilivora. This could prove helpful to future studies exploring its pathogenicity. ..
- Chen Y, Li S, Xiong J, Li Z, Bai J, Zhang L, et al. The mechanisms of citrate on regulating the distribution of carbon flux in the biosynthesis of uridine 5'-monophosphate by Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2010;86:75-81 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrated that manipulation of citrate levels could be used as a novel tool to regulate the metabolic fluxes distribution among glycolysis, pentose phosphate pathway, and TCA cycle. ..
- Chen C, Wang Y, Shan C, Sun Y, Xu P, Zhou H, et al. Crystal structure of enterovirus 71 RNA-dependent RNA polymerase complexed with its protein primer VPg: implication for a trans mechanism of VPg uridylylation. J Virol. 2013;87:5755-68 pubmed publisher..Our results, together with previous results of other studies, demonstrate that different picornaviruses use distinct binding sites for VPg uridylylation. ..
- Tong X, Le Pogam S, Li L, Haines K, Piso K, Baronas V, et al. In vivo emergence of a novel mutant L159F/L320F in the NS5B polymerase confers low-level resistance to the HCV polymerase inhibitors mericitabine and sofosbuvir. J Infect Dis. 2014;209:668-75 pubmed publisher..A novel and replication-deficient double mutation (L159F/L320F) confers low-level resistance to mericitabine and cross-resistance to both sofosbuvir and GS-938. NCT00869661, NCT01057667. ..
- Kowdley K, Gordon S, Reddy K, Rossaro L, Bernstein D, Lawitz E, et al. Ledipasvir and sofosbuvir for 8 or 12 weeks for chronic HCV without cirrhosis. N Engl J Med. 2014;370:1879-88 pubmed publisher..No additional benefit was associated with the inclusion of ribavirin in the regimen or with extension of the duration of treatment to 12 weeks. (Funded by Gilead Sciences; ION-3 ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT01851330.). ..
- Liu S, Watcha D, Holodniy M, Goldhaber Fiebert J. Sofosbuvir-based treatment regimens for chronic, genotype 1 hepatitis C virus infection in U.S. incarcerated populations: a cost-effectiveness analysis. Ann Intern Med. 2014;161:546-53 pubmed publisher..Sofosbuvir-based treatment is cost-effective for incarcerated persons, but affordability is an important consideration. National Institutes of Health. ..
- Groziak M. Synthesis of 6-formyluridine 5'-monophosphate: 6-formyl-UMP. Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids. 2001;20:1003-6 pubmed..This approach should be applicable to the preparation of other O5'-phosphorylated 6-formylUrds such as 6-formylUDP and 6-formylUTP. ..
- Hur S, Bruice T. Molecular dynamic study of orotidine-5'-monophosphate decarboxylase in ground state and in intermediate state: a role of the 203-218 loop dynamics. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:9668-73 pubmed..Because the intermediate and transition state are energetically similar, stabilization of the former decreases the free energy content of the latter. ..
- Wang X, Dacres J, Yang X, Lis L, Bedell V, Wang L, et al. Photodetachment of zwitterions: probing intramolecular Coulomb repulsion and attraction in the gas phase using mono-decarboxylated pyridinium dicarboxylates. Implications on the mechanism of orotidine 5'-monophosphate decarboxylase. J Am Chem Soc. 2003;125:6814-26 pubmed..If so, the electrostatic stress mechanism proposed by Larsen et al. and Pai, Guo, and co-workers maybe followed. ..
- Ginj C, Ruegger H, Amrhein N, Macheroux P. 3'-Enolpyruvyl-UMP, a novel and unexpected metabolite in nikkomycin biosynthesis. Chembiochem. 2005;6:1974-6 pubmed
- Survase S, Saudagar P, Singhal R. Enhanced production of scleroglucan by Sclerotium rolfsii MTCC 2156 by use of metabolic precursors. Bioresour Technol. 2007;98:410-5 pubmed..32 g/l was obtained with optimized media supplemented with L-lysine (1.1 mM) and uridine mono-phosphate (UMP), respectively as compared to 16.52 g/l scleroglucan achieved with the control in the absence of metabolic precursors. ..
- Meza Avina M, Wei L, Buhendwa M, Poduch E, Bello A, Pai E, et al. Inhibition of orotidine 5'-monophosphate decarboxylase and its therapeutic potential. Mini Rev Med Chem. 2008;8:239-47 pubmed..Latest discoveries in the inhibition of ODCase, for example using the novel C6 substitutions on the uridine, open new doors for drug discovery targeting parasitic diseases such as malaria. ..
- Yang Y, Cui Q. Does water relay play an important role in phosphoryl transfer reactions? Insights from theoretical study of a model reaction in water and tert-butanol. J Phys Chem B. 2009;113:4930-9 pubmed publisher..This study, nevertheless, has provided new insights into several most commonly discussed possibilities. ..
- Wei C, Grace J, Zvyaga T, Drexler D. Utility of high-resolution accurate MS to eliminate interferences in the bioanalysis of ribavirin and its phosphate metabolites. Bioanalysis. 2012;4:1895-905 pubmed publisher..The developed LC-high-resolution accurate MS method allows for quantitation of RBV and its phosphorylated metabolites, eliminating the interferences from uridine and its phosphorylated derivatives in recombinant human UGT1A1 assays. ..
- Lawitz E, Mangia A, WYLES D, Rodriguez Torres M, Hassanein T, Gordon S, et al. Sofosbuvir for previously untreated chronic hepatitis C infection. N Engl J Med. 2013;368:1878-87 pubmed publisher..In phase 2 trials, the nucleotide polymerase inhibitor sofosbuvir was effective in previously untreated patients with chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) genotype 1, 2, or 3 infection...
- Gentile I, Borgia F, Buonomo A, Castaldo G, Borgia G. A novel promising therapeutic option against hepatitis C virus: an oral nucleotide NS5B polymerase inhibitor sofosbuvir. Curr Med Chem. 2013;20:3733-42 pubmed..Safety and tolerability of sofosbuvir appear to be excellent. In conclusion, sofosbuvir especially in interferon-free combinations represents a very promising option in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C. ..
- SCHINAZI R, Halfon P, Marcellin P, Asselah T. HCV direct-acting antiviral agents: the best interferon-free combinations. Liver Int. 2014;34 Suppl 1:69-78 pubmed publisher..The aim of this review was to summarize the results obtained from recent DAA combination studies without IFN. ..
- Seydlová G, Pohl R, Zborníková E, Ehn M, Šimák O, Panova N, et al. Lipophosphonoxins II: Design, Synthesis, and Properties of Novel Broad Spectrum Antibacterial Agents. J Med Chem. 2017;60:6098-6118 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that LPPO II are highly promising compounds for development into pharmaceuticals. ..
- Hatanaka K, Slama J, Elbein A. Synthesis of a new inhibitor of the UDP-GalNAc:polypeptide galactosaminyl transferase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;175:668-72 pubmed..We also synthesized the UMP-1-octanesulfonic anhydride (C8) and the UMP-butanesulfonic anhydride (C4) to see way effect fatty acid had on activity. The inhibition was in the order C16:C8:C4. ..
- Turner R, Bonner E, Grabner G, Switzer R. Purification and characterization of Bacillus subtilis PyrR, a bifunctional pyr mRNA-binding attenuation protein/uracil phosphoribosyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:5932-8 pubmed
- Hoskins J, Scott Butler J. Evidence for distinct DNA- and RNA-based mechanisms of 5-fluorouracil cytotoxicity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 2007;24:861-70 pubmed..These findings underscore the importance of understanding the RNA-based mechanism of 5FU cytotoxicity and highlight the use of yeast as a model system for elucidating its details. ..
- Jacobson I, Gordon S, Kowdley K, Yoshida E, Rodriguez Torres M, Sulkowski M, et al. Sofosbuvir for hepatitis C genotype 2 or 3 in patients without treatment options. N Engl J Med. 2013;368:1867-77 pubmed publisher..Funded by Gilead Sciences; POSITRON and FUSION ClinicalTrials.gov numbers, NCT01542788 and NCT01604850, respectively.). ..
- Pol S, Vallet Pichard A, Corouge M. Treatment of hepatitis C virus genotype 3-infection. Liver Int. 2014;34 Suppl 1:18-23 pubmed publisher..The oral combination of new DAAs (dual or triple combination of different antivirals) or of DAAs and host targets such as cyclophilin will probably become the SOC for genotype 3-infected treatment-naïve or -experienced patients. ..
- Pourmorteza M, Tawadros F, Bader G, Al Tarawneh M, Cook E, Shams W, et al. Successful Treatment of Pyoderma Gangrenosum with Cryoglobulinemia and Hepatitis C. Am J Case Rep. 2016;17:434-8 pubmed..For this reason it is prudent for clinicians to consider Pyoderma gangrenosum in their differential diagnosis, especially in the setting of a nonhealing surgical wound or skin infection. ..
- Ozturk D, Dorfman R, Scapin G, Sacchettini J, Grubmeyer C. Locations and functional roles of conserved lysine residues in Salmonella typhimurium orotate phosphoribosyltransferase. Biochemistry. 1995;34:10755-63 pubmed..Mutation of Lys-100 produced a 5-fold decrease in kcat and a 3-fold increase in the KM for PRPP, consistent with its location within the active site, near the pyrophosphate moiety of PRPP.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Marlow A, Kiessling L. Improved chemical synthesis of UDP-galactofuranose. Org Lett. 2001;3:2517-9 pubmed..Reaction of UMP-N-methylimidazolide with Galf 1-phosphate proceeds rapidly to provide UDP-Galf with excellent reproducibility and in a yield approximately twice as high as those reported previously. ..
- Chiaramonte M, Koviach J, Moore C, Iyer V, Wagner C, Halcomb R, et al. Inhibition of CMP-sialic acid transport into Golgi vesicles by nucleoside monophosphates. Biochemistry. 2001;40:14260-7 pubmed..The importance of our findings for understanding the specificities of the different nucleotide-sugar tranlocators and the design of novel glycosylation inhibitors are discussed. ..
- Feng Y, Zhu J. On-line enhancement technique for the analysis of nucleotides using capillary zone electrophoresis/mass spectrometry. Anal Chem. 2006;78:6608-13 pubmed..04 and 0.07 ng/mL. With appropriate sample cleanup, PAEKI can be used in the analysis of single nucleotides in enzyme-digested DNA. ..
- Inoue K, Obara R, Akiba T, Hino T, Oka H. Determination of nucleotides in infant formula by ion-exchange liquid chromatography. J Agric Food Chem. 2008;56:6863-7 pubmed publisher..Recovery values (spiked concentration levels: 0.5, 5, and 10 microg/mL) ranged from 85.0 +/- 1.4% to 92.3 +/- 2.1% using only CUF preparation. This was applied to measure the concentration of five nucleotides in common infant formulas. ..
- van Heeswijk W, Molenaar D, Hoving S, Westerhoff H. The pivotal regulator GlnB of Escherichia coli is engaged in subtle and context-dependent control. FEBS J. 2009;276:3324-40 pubmed publisher..We discuss how the subtle interplay between GlnB, its homologue GlnK and the adenylyltransferase may be responsible for the 'redundant', but quantitative, phenotype of GlnB. ..
- Ross B, Reddy P, Zhang H, Rachakonda S, Sofia M. Synthesis of diastereomerically pure nucleotide phosphoramidates. J Org Chem. 2011;76:8311-9 pubmed publisher..This method has been used to prepare the HCV clinical candidate PSI-7977 in high yield and high diastereomeric purity. ..
- Barua S, Greenwald R, Grebely J, Dore G, Swan T, Taylor L. Restrictions for Medicaid Reimbursement of Sofosbuvir for the Treatment of Hepatitis C Virus Infection in the United States. Ann Intern Med. 2015;163:215-23 pubmed publisher..Current restrictions seem to violate federal Medicaid law, which requires states to cover drugs consistent with their U.S. Food and Drug Administration labels. ..
- Roelen B, Goumans M, Van Rooijen M, Mummery C. Differential expression of BMP receptors in early mouse development. Int J Dev Biol. 1997;41:541-9 pubmed..In postimplantation embryos BMPR-II transcripts were first detected from 6.0 days post coitum. In situ hybridization analysis revealed that BMPR-II mRNA is ubiquitously expressed in the entire embryo at least until midgestation. ..
- Dijkstra R, Slooten C, Stortelder A, Buijs J, Ariese F, Brinkman U, et al. Liquid-core waveguide technology for coupling column liquid chromatography and Raman spectroscopy. J Chromatogr A. 2001;918:25-36 pubmed..Under these conditions, the limit of identification for AMP, GMP and UMP was in the 0.1-0.5-mg/ml range. ..
- Lee T, Chong L, Chodera J, Kollman P. An alternative explanation for the catalytic proficiency of orotidine 5'-phosphate decarboxylase. J Am Chem Soc. 2001;123:12837-48 pubmed..We thus conclude that the preferred mechanism may well be different from that in solution, involving an equilibrium pre-protonation of OMP C5 by a catalytic lysine residue that greatly reduces the barrier to subsequent decarboxylation. ..
- Ma X, Zhao X, Yu Y. Pseudouridylation (Psi) of U2 snRNA in S. cerevisiae is catalyzed by an RNA-independent mechanism. EMBO J. 2003;22:1889-97 pubmed..A BLAST search revealed Pus7 homologs in various organisms. ..
- Ertem G, Hazen R, Dworkin J. Sequence analysis of trimer isomers formed by montmorillonite catalysis in the reaction of binary monomer mixtures. Astrobiology. 2007;7:715-22 pubmed..These results lend support to Bernal's hypothesis that minerals may have played a significant role in the chemical processes that led to the origin of life by catalyzing the formation of phosphodiester bonds in RNA-like oligomers. ..
- Tanaka T, Ogita A, Usuki Y, Fujita K. Selective inhibition of embryonic development in starfish by long-chain alkyl derivatives of UMP, TMP and AMP. Nat Prod Res. 2009;23:1572-8 pubmed publisher..This is the first report on the appearance of biological activity due to the structural modification of a naturally-occurring molecule, which is critical to the morphogenetic development of multicellular organisms. ..
- Scapin G, Ozturk D, Grubmeyer C, Sacchettini J. The crystal structure of the orotate phosphoribosyltransferase complexed with orotate and alpha-D-5-phosphoribosyl-1-pyrophosphate. Biochemistry. 1995;34:10744-54 pubmed..In the PRPP.orotate complex the highly conserved acidic side chain of Asp124 interacts with the ribose of PRPP, whereas there are no interactions of this aspartate with the substrate in the OMP complex. ..