Genomes and Genes
Summary: Cytidine (dihydrogen phosphate). A cytosine nucleotide containing one phosphate group esterified to the sugar moiety in the 2', 3' or 5' position.
Publications109 found, 100 shown here
- Cooper D. Modifying the sugar icing on the transplantation cake. Glycobiology. 2016;26:571-81 pubmed publisher..known carbohydrate antigenic targets on pig cells for human anti-pig antibodies are (i) the product of the cytidine monophosphate-N-acetylneuraminic acid hydroxylase (CMAH) gene, i.e...
- Yoshida Y, Yamada J, Watanabe T, Suga T, Takayama H. Participation of the peroxisomal beta-oxidation system in the chain-shortening of PCA16, a metabolite of the cytosine arabinoside prodrug, YNKO1, in rat liver. Biochem Pharmacol. 1990;39:1505-12 pubmed..These results indicate that peroxisomal beta-oxidation participates in the shortening of the alkyl-side chain of PCA16 and plays an important role in the formation of antileukemic cytosine arabinoside from YNKO1. ..
- Cambron L, Leskawa K. Inhibition of CMP-N-acetylneuraminic acid:lactosylceramide sialyltransferase by nucleotides, nucleotide sugars and nucleotide dialdehydes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;193:585-90 pubmed..The data suggests that the substrate specificity of microsomal SAT-1 resides more in the sugar moiety, rather than in the nucleotide portion of the substrate. ..
- Jones C, Fish F, Muccio D. Determination of RNase A/2'-cytidine monophosphate binding affinity and enthalpy by a global fit of thermal unfolding curves. Anal Biochem. 2002;302:184-90 pubmed..There was no significant improvement in the precision of the fitted data when the temperature-dependent response for each species (N, L, NL, and U) was expressed as quadratic functions of temperature. ..
- Pitol D, Issa J, Caetano F, Lunardi L. Mononuclear phagocytes in the blood of turtles characterized by ultrastructural and cytochemical analyses and by phagocytic activity. Micron. 2008;39:1288-92 pubmed publisher..hilarii indicate that mononuclear phagocytes participate in the phagocytic process by gathering many phagocytic cells and forming multinucleated giant cells, which probably have a role in the blood "clearance" process. ..
- Cubitt A, Gershengorn M. CMP activates reversal of phosphatidylinositol synthase and base exchange by distinct mechanisms in rat pituitary GH3 cells. Biochem J. 1990;272:813-6 pubmed..We conclude that in GH3 cells reversal of PtdIns synthase and PtdIns/Ins base exchange are both stimulated by CMP, but are distinct processes. ..
- Maloisel F, Guerci A, Guyotat D, Ifrah N, Michallet M, Reiffers J, et al. Results of a phase II trial of a combination of oral cytarabine ocfosfate (YNK01) and interferon alpha-2b for the treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia patients in chronic phase. Leukemia. 2002;16:573-80 pubmed..Most of the patients experienced side-effects and all permanently stopped YNK01. Although the combination seems attractive the initial dose of 600 mg per day is probably too high and should be reconsidered in further trials. ..
- Timofeev E, Kochetkova S, Florent ev V. [Binding of unnatural alpha,beta-oligocytidylates with DNA duplexes]. Mol Biol (Mosk). 2004;38:547-52 pubmed..The effect of 2'-O-methylation of the third strand on complex formation and self-association is also analyzed. The results suggest that a modified oligocytidylate binds with a random-composition duplex, albeit with lower efficiency. ..
- Puffer B, Moroder H, Aigner M, Micura R. 2'-Methylseleno-modified oligoribonucleotides for X-ray crystallography synthesized by the ACE RNA solid-phase approach. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:970-83 pubmed..Thus far, preparation of 2'-methylseleno-modified oligoribonucleotides has been restricted to the 2'-O-[(triisopropylsilyl)oxy]methyl (TOM) and 2'-O-tert-butyldimethylsilyl (TBDMS) RNA synthesis methods. ..
- Ortiz A, Reglero A, Rodriguez Aparicio L, Luengo J. In vitro synthesis of colominic acid by membrane-bound sialyltransferase of Escherichia coli K-235. Kinetic properties of this enzyme and inhibition by CMP and other cytidine nucleotides. Eur J Biochem. 1989;178:741-9 pubmed..The presence of colominic acid, which usually displaces the reaction equilibrium towards polymer synthesis, did not affect this de novo CMP-[14C]Neu5Ac formation. CMP also inhibited in vivo colominic acid biosynthesis. ..
- Subramaniam R, Wang Y, Mathews C, Santi D. On the inhibition of deoxycytidylate hydroxymethylase by 5-fluoro-2'-deoxycytidine 5'-monophosphate. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1989;275:11-5 pubmed..We conclude that FdCMP is not a mechanism-based inhibitor of dCMP hydroxymethylase. ..
- García Fuentes L, Baron C, Mayorga O. Influence of dynamic power compensation in an isothermal titration microcalorimeter. Anal Chem. 1998;70:4615-23 pubmed..Therefore, the calorimetric study is extended to the other nucleotides, 2'-UMP and 5'-dUMP, which have not hitherto been reported in the literature. ..
- Islam R, Nakamura M, Scott H, Repnikova E, Carnahan M, Pandey D, et al. The role of Drosophila cytidine monophosphate-sialic acid synthetase in the nervous system. J Neurosci. 2013;33:12306-15 pubmed publisher..Here we focused on the function of Drosophila cytidine monophosphate-sialic acid synthetase (CSAS), the enzyme providing a sugar donor for DSiaT...
- Kanavarioti A. Preference for internucleotide linkages as a function of the number of constituents in a mixture. J Mol Evol. 1998;46:622-32 pubmed..A possible link between prebiotic chemistry and the postulated RNA world is discussed. ..
- Moussaoui M, Nogués M, Guasch A, Barman T, Travers F, Cuchillo C. The subsites structure of bovine pancreatic ribonuclease A accounts for the abnormal kinetic behavior with cytidine 2',3'-cyclic phosphate. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:25565-72 pubmed..The data for the hydrolysis of C>p by RNase A can be fitted to a fifth order polynomial that has been derived from a kinetic scheme based on the sequential binding of several monomeric substrate molecules. ..
- Cao C, Wang W, Huang Y, Yao H, Conway L, Liu L, et al. Determination of Sialic Acids in Liver and Milk Samples of Wild-type and CMAH Knock-out Mice. J Vis Exp. 2017;: pubmed publisherCMAH (cytidine monophosphate-N-acetylneuraminic acid hydroxylase) is responsible for the oxidation of cytidine monophosphate-N-acetylneuraminic acids in mammals...
- Figueroa D, Madeen E, Tillotson J, Richardson P, Cottle L, McCauley M, et al. Genetic Variation of the Kinases that Phosphorylate Tenofovir and Emtricitabine in Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2018;: pubmed publisher..Knockdown of either cytidine monophosphate kinase 1 or phosphoglycerate kinase 1 decreased the abundance of FTC-triphosphate...
- Uchida T, Nagahata T, Arakawa M, Ekimoto H, Takahashi K. [Experimental combination chemotherapy of YNK01, a novel analog of cytarabine, with other antitumor agents]. Gan To Kagaku Ryoho. 1990;17:1351-6 pubmed..From these results, YNK 01 is expected to be a useful agent in combination chemotherapy. ..
- Takeuchi M, Kojima K, Takaba S, Isokawa M, Tanimizu M, Kimura F, et al. [Successful treatment of refractory anemia with excess of blasts in transformation with cytarabine ocfosfate]. Gan To Kagaku Ryoho. 1995;22:141-4 pubmed..The drug has been given for 11 months, and her hematological data have now remained stable in RAEB. Cytarabine ocfosfate might be a useful drug for the treatment of high risk MDS such as RAEB and RAEB-t. ..
- Suto T, Miyazawa J, Watanabe Y, Suto K, Yoshida Y, Sakata Y. The effect of YNK-01 (an oral prodrug of cytarabine) on hepatocellular carcinoma. Semin Oncol. 1997;24:S6-122-S6-129 pubmed..These results suggest that YNK-01 is a potentially useful oral agent for chemotherapy of hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Al Saraireh Y, Sutherland M, Springett B, Freiberger F, Ribeiro Morais G, Loadman P, et al. Pharmacological inhibition of polysialyltransferase ST8SiaII modulates tumour cell migration. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73366 pubmed publisher..was to determine the effect of ST8SiaII inhibition by a small molecule on tumour cell migration, utilising cytidine monophosphate (CMP) as a tool compound...
- Martens G, Reyes L, Li P, Butler J, Ladowski J, Estrada J, et al. Humoral Reactivity of Renal Transplant-Waitlisted Patients to Cells From GGTA1/CMAH/B4GalNT2, and SLA Class I Knockout Pigs. Transplantation. 2017;101:e86-e92 pubmed publisher..blood mononuclear cells from SLA identical wild type (WT), ?1, 3-galactosyltransferase (GGTA1) KO, GGTA1/ cytidine monophosphate-N-acetylneuraminic acid hydroxylase (CMAH) KO, and GGTA1/ CMAH /b1,4 N-acetylgalactosaminyl transferase (..
- Cansev M, Ilcol Y, Yilmaz M, Hamurtekin E, Ulus I. Peripheral administration of CDP-choline, phosphocholine or choline increases plasma adrenaline and noradrenaline concentrations. Auton Autacoid Pharmacol. 2008;28:41-58 pubmed publisher..increases in plasma concentrations of CDP-choline and its metabolites phosphocholine, choline, cytidine monophosphate (CMP) and cytidine. 3 Equivalent doses (200-600 mumol/kg; i.p...
- Slusarczyk M, Lopez M, Balzarini J, Mason M, Jiang W, Blagden S, et al. Application of ProTide technology to gemcitabine: a successful approach to overcome the key cancer resistance mechanisms leads to a new agent (NUC-1031) in clinical development. J Med Chem. 2014;57:1531-42 pubmed publisher..The ProTide 6f is now in clinical development with encouraging efficacy signals in a Phase I/II study, which strongly supports the ProTide approach to generate promising new anticancer agents. ..
- Nagahata T, Shibasaki C, Ishii T, Uchida T, Arakawa M, Kusama K, et al. [Antitumor activity of a novel analog of cytarabine, 4-amino-1-beta-D-arabinofuranosyl-2(1H)-pyrimidinone 5'-(sodium octadecyl phosphate) monohydrate (YNK01)]. Gan To Kagaku Ryoho. 1990;17:1437-45 pubmed..The metabolite exhibited activity against L1210 leukemia in mice after i.p. administration. These results suggest that YNK01 is a clinically useful drug with p.o. administration for cancers as well as Ara-C. ..
- Dante R. Quantitative determination of methylated CpG in satellite DNA I and in L1Rn DNA sequences extracted from rat kidney tissue and from rat kidney cell lines. Eur J Biochem. 1988;175:135-9 pubmed..8% and 47.8% respectively of methylated CpG whereas it contains 62% of methylated CpG in rat kidney tissue. Therefore, the demethylation of CpG seems not to occur at random in these cell lines. ..
- Braess J, Freund M, Hanauske A, Heil G, Kaufmann C, Kern W, et al. Oral cytarabine ocfosfate in acute myeloid leukemia and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma--phase I/II studies and pharmacokinetics. Leukemia. 1998;12:1618-26 pubmed..We conclude that YNK01 shows considerable activity against relapsed and refractory AML and NHL and that its pharmacokinetic properties offers advantages in comparison to (standard) i.v. or s.c. AraC in clinical practice. ..
- Ding S, Bond A, Lemiere F, Tuytten R, Esmans E, Brenton A, et al. Online immobilized metal affinity chromatography/mass spectrometric analysis of changes elicited by cCMP in the murine brain phosphoproteome. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2008;22:4129-38 pubmed publisher..A number of proteins identified by this strategy have potential roles in hyperproliferation, a previously reported response to elevated levels of cCMP. ..
- Krishnamoorthy J, Mohanty S. Open-ITC: an alternate computational approach to analyze the isothermal titration calorimetry data of complex binding mechanisms. J Mol Recognit. 2011;24:1056-66 pubmed publisher..We find this to be valid even for the cases where the enthalpies of each of the binding process did not vary significantly. ..
- del Canizo M, Fisac M, Galende J, Hurtado J, Moro M, Rodriguez J, et al. Continuous oral cytarabine ocfosfate with interferon-alpha-2b for patients with newly diagnosed chronic myeloid leukaemia: a pilot study. Br J Haematol. 2001;115:541-4 pubmed..Macrocytic anaemia was observed in three patients. In conclusion, continuous oral administration of YNK01 in combination with IFN-alpha is safe and can result in high-cytogenetic response rates. ..
- Tiralongo J, Ashikov A, Routier F, Eckhardt M, Bakker H, Gerardy Schahn R, et al. Functional expression of the CMP-sialic acid transporter in Escherichia coli and its identification as a simple mobile carrier. Glycobiology. 2006;16:73-81 pubmed..Kinetic studies carried out with CMP-Neu5Ac and established CMP-Neu5Ac antagonist's evaluated natural conformation of the reconstituted protein and clearly demonstrate that the transporter acts as a simple mobile carrier. ..
- Sanchez C, Cubero J, Sanchez J, Chanclón B, Rivero M, Rodriguez A, et al. The possible role of human milk nucleotides as sleep inducers. Nutr Neurosci. 2009;12:2-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the rise in nocturnal levels of 5'AMP, 5'GMP, and 5'UMP could be involved in inducing the 'hypnotic' action of breast-milk at night in the infant...
- Maggioni A, von Itzstein M, Rodríguez Guzmán I, Ashikov A, Stephens A, Haselhorst T, et al. Characterisation of CMP-sialic acid transporter substrate recognition. Chembiochem. 2013;14:1936-42 pubmed publisher..Our data provide a significant contribution towards a better understanding the structure-function relationship of this important family of transporters and the rational design of CST inhibitors. ..
- Raju N, Smee D, Robins R, Vaghefi M. Synthesis and biological properties of purine and pyrimidine 5'-deoxy-5'-(dihydroxyphosphinyl)-beta-D-ribofuranosyl analogues of AMP, GMP, IMP, and CMP. J Med Chem. 1989;32:1307-13 pubmed..The target compounds as well as their intermediates showed no in vitro antiviral or antitumor activity, although phosphorylation of 15 and 16 to di- and triphosphate analogues was demonstrated with use of isolated cellular enzymes. ..
- Szabo Z, Furó I, Csöregh I. Combinatorial multinuclear NMR and X-ray diffraction studies of uranium(VI)-nucleotide complexes. J Am Chem Soc. 2005;127:15236-47 pubmed..The results have important implications on the synthesis of oligonucleotides. ..
- Suzuki K, Ohtake A, Ito Y, Kanie O. Synthesis of a fluorescently tagged sialic acid analogue useful for live-cell imaging. Chem Commun (Camb). 2012;48:9744-6 pubmed publisher..The compound was found to be a substrate of a CMP-sialic acid transporter, and specific Golgi vesicles were visualised in the cells. ..
- Whalen L, McEvoy K, Halcomb R. Synthesis and evaluation of phosphoramidate amino acid-based inhibitors of sialyltransferases. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2003;13:301-4 pubmed..All compounds synthesized were weak inhibitors of both of the sialyltransferases as determined by an HPLC-based inhibition assay. ..
- Hossain M, Yamato O, Yamasaki M, Maede Y. Inhibitory effect of pyrimidine and purine nucleotides on the multiplication of Babesia gibsoni: possible cause of low parasitemia and simultaneous reticulocytosis in canine babesiosis. J Vet Med Sci. 2004;66:389-95 pubmed..The results obtained from the in vitro examinations in the present study may partially clarify the relationship between low parasitemia and simultaneous reticulocytosis in vivo in canine babesiosis...
- Feng Y, Zhu J. On-line enhancement technique for the analysis of nucleotides using capillary zone electrophoresis/mass spectrometry. Anal Chem. 2006;78:6608-13 pubmed..04 and 0.07 ng/mL. With appropriate sample cleanup, PAEKI can be used in the analysis of single nucleotides in enzyme-digested DNA. ..
- Hjelmstad R, Morash S, McMaster C, Bell R. Chimeric enzymes. Structure-function analysis of segments of sn-1,2-diacylglycerol choline- and ethanolaminephosphotransferases. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:20995-1002 pubmed..Analysis of chimeric enzymes dependence on phospholipid activators suggested the involvement of discontinuous protein segments participating in the interaction with phospholipid cofactors. ..
- Lawrence S, Huddleston K, Tomiya N, Nguyen N, Lee Y, Vann W, et al. Cloning and expression of human sialic acid pathway genes to generate CMP-sialic acids in insect cells. Glycoconj J. 2001;18:205-13 pubmed..Engineering the CMP-SA metabolic pathway may be beneficial in various cell lines in which CMP-Neu5Ac production limits sialylation of glycoproteins or other glycans. ..
- Guo M, Guo Z, Sadler P. Titanium(IV) targets phosphoesters on nucleotides: implications for the mechanism of action of the anticancer drug titanocene dichloride. J Biol Inorg Chem. 2001;6:698-707 pubmed..The high affinity of Ti(IV) for phosphate groups may be important for its biological activity. ..
- Dhaliwal B, Ren J, Lockyer M, Charles I, Hawkins A, Stammers D. Structure of Staphylococcus aureus cytidine monophosphate kinase in complex with cytidine 5'-monophosphate. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2006;62:710-5 pubmedThe crystal structure of Staphylococcus aureus cytidine monophosphate kinase (CMK) in complex with cytidine 5'-monophosphate (CMP) has been determined at 2.3 angstroms resolution...
- Bond A, Dudley E, Tuytten R, Lemiere F, Smith C, Esmans E, et al. Mass spectrometric identification of Rab23 phosphorylation as a response to challenge by cytidine 3',5'-cyclic monophosphate in mouse brain. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2007;21:2685-92 pubmed
- Kajihara Y, Nishigaki S, Hanzawa D, Nakanishi G, Okamoto R, Yamamoto N. Unique self-anhydride formation in the degradation of cytidine-5'-monophosphosialic acid (CMP-Neu5Ac) and cytidine-5'-diphosphosialic acid (CDP-Neu5Ac) and its application in CMP-sialic acid analogue synthesis. Chemistry. 2011;17:7645-55 pubmed publisher..This result indicated that the carboxylic acid of Neu5Ac is associated with its stability in solution. This finding also enabled the development of a novel chemical synthetic method for CMP-Neu5Ac and CMP-sialic acid derivatives. ..
- Wolf S, Warnecke S, Ehrit J, Freiberger F, Gerardy Schahn R, Meier C. Chemical synthesis and enzymatic testing of CMP-sialic acid derivatives. Chembiochem. 2012;13:2605-15 pubmed publisher..The N-pentanoyl derivative allowed a single transfer, leading to a capped tetramer. The N-cyclopropylcarbonyl derivative was not transferred. ..
- Ehrit J, Keys T, Sutherland M, Wolf S, Meier C, Falconer R, et al. Exploring and Exploiting Acceptor Preferences of the Human Polysialyltransferases as a Basis for an Inhibitor Screen. Chembiochem. 2017;18:1332-1337 pubmed publisher..Of these derivatives, the non-transferable CMP-Neu5Cyclo was found to be a new, competitive ST8SiaII inhibitor. ..
- Ikeda K, Nagao Y, Achiwa K. Synthesis of sialic acid-containing nucleotide sugars: CMP-sialic acid analogs. Carbohydr Res. 1992;224:123-31 pubmed
- Li L, Liu X, Glassman A, Keating M, Stros M, Plunkett W, et al. Fludarabine triphosphate inhibits nucleotide excision repair of cisplatin-induced DNA adducts in vitro. Cancer Res. 1997;57:1487-94 pubmed..These results suggest that fludarabine may serve as a potential repair modulator to improve the antitumor efficacies of combination regimens containing agents that induce NER. ..
- Gotoh A, Miyazawa K, Uchida Y, Sashida G, Kawakubo K, Kuriyama Y, et al. Bone marrow cytogenetic complete remission achieved by interferon-alpha plus cytarabine ocfosfate therapy in a patient with chronic myelogenous leukemia during extramedullary blast crisis. Int J Hematol. 2002;75:191-4 pubmed..This case suggests that interferon-alpha plus cytarabine ocfosfate therapy may be of benefit in the treatment of extramedullary blast crisis of CML. ..
- Lee Y, Jackson P, Jablonsky M, Muccio D. Conformation of 3'CMP bound to RNase A using TrNOESY. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2007;463:37-46 pubmed
- Eicher C, Dewerth A, Ellerkamp V, Fuchs J, Schott S, Armeanu Ebinger S. Effect of duplex drugs linking 2'-deoxy-5-fluorouridine (5-FdU) with 3'-C-ethynylcytidine (ECyd) on hepatoblastoma cell lines. Pediatr Surg Int. 2013;29:121-7 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological formulations of both duplex drugs have to be evaluated in vivo to reduce possible side effects. ..
- Keyomarsi K, Moran R. Quinazoline folate analogs inhibit the catalytic activity of thymidylate synthase but allow binding of 5-fluorodeoxyuridylate. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:19163-9 pubmed..Binding experiments using CB 3717 pentaglutamate-inhibited TS suggested a stoichiometry of 1 mol of FdUMP bound per mol of dimeric TS. ..
- Katayama N, Tsubotani S, Nozaki Y, Harada S, Ono H. Fosfadecin and fosfocytocin, new nucleotide antibiotics produced by bacteria. J Antibiot (Tokyo). 1990;43:238-46 pubmed..They showed antibacterial activity against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. The antibacterial activity of these nucleotide antibiotics was weaker than that of fosfomycin and fosfoxacin. ..
- Strauss E, Kinsland C, Ge Y, McLafferty F, Begley T. Phosphopantothenoylcysteine synthetase from Escherichia coli. Identification and characterization of the last unidentified coenzyme A biosynthetic enzyme in bacteria. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:13513-6 pubmed..This discovery completes the identification of all the enzymes involved in the biosynthesis of coenzyme A in bacteria. ..
- Ishige K, Hamamoto T, Shiba T, Noguchi T. Novel method for enzymatic synthesis of CMP-NeuAc. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2001;65:1736-40 pubmed
- Reha Krantz L, Hariharan C, Subuddhi U, Xia S, Zhao C, Beckman J, et al. Structure of the 2-aminopurine-cytosine base pair formed in the polymerase active site of the RB69 Y567A-DNA polymerase. Biochemistry. 2011;50:10136-49 pubmed publisher..Thus, interactions between DNA polymerase residues with a dynamic primer-terminal junction play a role in determining base selectivity within the polymerase active site of RB69 DNA polymerase. ..
- Romanova J, Filimonova M. The effects of addition of mononucleotides on Sma nuc endonuclease activity. ScientificWorldJournal. 2012;2012:454176 pubmed publisher..AMP or dAMP was classified as a competitive inhibitor of partial type. GMP, UMP, and CMP were found to be uncompetitive inhibitors that suggest a specific site(s) for the nucleotide(s) binding in Sma nuc endonuclease. ..
- Ross D, Chen S, Cuddy D. Effects of 1-beta-D-arabinofuranosylcytosine on DNA replication intermediates monitored by pH-step alkaline elution. Cancer Res. 1990;50:2658-66 pubmed..In fact, ara-C may stimulate initiation, leading credence to recent theories proposing endoreduplication or reinitiation as consequences of ara-C incorporation into DNA. ..
- Steinbacher S, Kaiser J, Wungsintaweekul J, Hecht S, Eisenreich W, Gerhardt S, et al. Structure of 2C-methyl-d-erythritol-2,4-cyclodiphosphate synthase involved in mevalonate-independent biosynthesis of isoprenoids. J Mol Biol. 2002;316:79-88 pubmed publisher..The protein forms homotrimers that tightly bind one zinc ion per subunit at the active site, which helps to position the substrate for direct attack of the 2-phosphate group on the beta-phosphate...
- Sundqvist G, Benkestock K, Roeraade J. Investigation of multiple binding sites on ribonuclease A using nano-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2005;19:1011-6 pubmed..This is in contrast to CID of RNAse complexed with mononucleotide cytidine 2'-monophosphate (CMP), which dissociates from the protein without breaking of covalent bonds. ..
- Toniolo D, Martini G, Migeon B, Dono R. Expression of the G6PD locus on the human X chromosome is associated with demethylation of three CpG islands within 100 kb of DNA. EMBO J. 1988;7:401-6 pubmed..Our results show that expression of the G6PD gene is associated with concordant demethylation of all three CpG islands in this 100-kb region of DNA. ..
- Hamaoka R, Jozaki K, Amano T, Itoh H, Imai Y, Nishikawa M, et al. [Low-dose cytarabine ocfosfate therapy in an elderly acute myelogenous leukemia]. Gan To Kagaku Ryoho. 1995;22:819-22 pubmed..After discharge, the hematological findings remain almost normal with intermittent treatment of 150 mg of SPAC for over one year. Thus, cytarabine ocfosfate might be useful in elderly AML patients. ..
- Chandrasekaran E, Xue J, Xia J, Locke R, Matta K, Neelamegham S. Reversible sialylation: synthesis of cytidine 5'-monophospho-N-acetylneuraminic acid from cytidine 5'-monophosphate with alpha2,3-sialyl O-glycan-, glycolipid-, and macromolecule-based donors yields diverse sialylated products. Biochemistry. 2008;47:320-30 pubmed..Overall, the study demonstrates that the sialyltransferase reaction is readily reversible in the case of ST3Gal-II and can be exploited for the enzymatic synthesis of diverse sialyl products. ..
- Gill B, Indyk H, Kumar M, Sievwright N, Manley Harris M, Dowell D. Analysis of 5'-mononucleotides in infant formula and adult/pediatric nutritional formula by liquid chromatography: First Action 2011.20. J AOAC Int. 2012;95:599-602 pubmed..Single-laboratory validation performance parameters include recovery (92-101%) and repeatability (1.0-2.3% RSD). The method was approved for Official First Action status by an AOAC expert review panel. ..
- Fischel Ghodsian N, Nicholls R, Higgs D. Unusual features of CpG-rich (HTF) islands in the human alpha globin complex: association with non-functional pseudogenes and presence within the 3' portion of the zeta gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 1987;15:9215-25 pubmed..Furthermore at least two non-functional pseudogenes within the cluster (psi zeta 1 and psi alpha 2) are associated with CpG rich islands. ..
- Tsutsumi H, Kumakawa T, Hirai M, Kikukawa M, Arie Y, Mori M, et al. [Plasma concentration of cytosine arabinoside (Ara-C) in the elderly patients with hematological malignancy treated by Ara-C or cytarabine ocfosfate (SPAC)]. Nihon Ronen Igakkai Zasshi. 1995;32:190-4 pubmed..In all patients bone marrow suppression was observed after chemotherapy regardless of regimen, and there was no significant difference between nadir peripheral cell blood counts of Ara-C s.c. patients and SPAC p.o. patients. ..
- Takimoto Y, Imanaka F, Hayashi Y, Shindo H. A patient with basophilic-eosinophilic myeloproliferative disorder showing monosomy 7 and hyperhistaminemia. Acta Haematol. 1997;98:37-41 pubmed..In this patient, monosomy 7 seemed to have induced myeloproliferative disorder with basophilia and eosinophilia, and del(16)(q22) may have enhanced the eosinophilia. ..
- Bazzanini R, Manfredini S, Durini E, Groschel B, Cinatl J, Balzarini J, et al. Prodrugs of Ara-CMP and Ara-AMP with a S-acyl-2-thioethyl (SATE) biolabile phosphate protecting group: synthesis and biological evaluation. Nucleosides Nucleotides. 1999;18:971-2 pubmed..Some N- and O-acylated derivatives were also prepared with the aim to modify the lipophilicity of the title pronucleotides. Compounds were tested for their antitumor/antiviral activity against a variety of tumor cells and viruses. ..
- Pearman A, Castro Faria Neto H, McIntyre T, Prescott S, Stafforini D. Characterization of human UMP-CMP kinase enzymatic activity and 5' untranslated region. Life Sci. 2001;69:2361-70 pubmed..In addition, investigation of UMP-CMP-kinase expression revealed two mRNA products in immune tissues and cancer cell lines. The smaller RNA product was previously undescribed. ..
- Russo Abrahão T, Cosentino Gomes D, Gomes M, Alviano D, Alviano C, Lopes A, et al. Biochemical properties of Candida parapsilosis ecto-5'-nucleotidase and the possible role of adenosine in macrophage interaction. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2011;317:34-42 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that the existence of an ecto-5'-nucleotidase could play a role in the control of extracellular nucleotide concentrations. ..
- Wake A, Takazawa A, Serino Y, Tonai S, Nakanishi M, Murakami S, et al. [Successful treatment of acute myelomonocytic leukemia developed from MDS with cytarabine ocfosfate (SPAC)]. Gan To Kagaku Ryoho. 1995;22:395-8 pubmed..In AML patients, especially in cases developed from MDS, SPAC might be useful because it can be given orally even in an outpatient. ..
- Eckhardt M, Gerardy Schahn R. Molecular cloning of the hamster CMP-sialic acid transporter. Eur J Biochem. 1997;248:187-92 pubmed..A computer-based structural analysis of CMP-Sia-Tr proposes an eight transmembrane helix model with the N- and C-termini located on the cytosolic side of the Golgi membrane...
- Hsu C, Liou J, Dutschman G, Cheng Y. Phosphorylation of Cytidine, Deoxycytidine, and Their Analog Monophosphates by Human UMP/CMP Kinase Is Differentially Regulated by ATP and Magnesium. Mol Pharmacol. 2005;67:806-14 pubmed..We thus propose novel models for the phosphorylation action of human UMP/CMP kinase. ..
- Lee J, Moon Y, Kim N, Kim Y, Kang H, Jung J, et al. Cloning and expression of the sucrose phosphorylase gene from Leuconostoc mesenteroides in Escherichia coli. Biotechnol Lett. 2008;30:749-54 pubmed..8 U/mg with a K (m) of 3 mM with sucrose as a substrate; optimum activity was at 37 degrees C and pH 6.7. The purified 742SPase transferred the glucosyl moiety of sucrose to cytosine monophosphate (CMP)...
- Frank F, Sonenberg N, Nagar B. Structural basis for 5'-nucleotide base-specific recognition of guide RNA by human AGO2. Nature. 2010;465:818-22 pubmed publisher..6 mM) or GMP (3.3 mM). This study provides structural evidence for nucleotide-specific interactions in the MID domain of eukaryotic AGO proteins and explains the observed preference for U or A at the 5' end of miRNAs. ..
- Harrington C, Perrino F. The effects of cytosine arabinoside on RNA-primed DNA synthesis by DNA polymerase alpha-primase. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:26664-9 pubmed
- Kajihara Y, Akai S, Nakagawa T, Sato R, Ebata T, Kodama H, et al. Enzymatic synthesis of Kdn oligosaccharides by a bacterial alpha-(2-->6)-sialyltransferase. Carbohydr Res. 1999;315:137-41 pubmed..2 mumol), methyl beta-D-lactosaminide (7, 8.1 mumol) and purified sialyltransferase (80 munits) afforded Kdn-alpha-(2-->6)-Gal-beta-(1-->4)-GlcNAc-beta-1-OMe in 77% yield. ..
- Kuhr T, Eisterer W, Apfelbeck U, Linkesch W, Bechter O, Zabernigg A, et al. Treatment of patients with advanced chronic myelogenous leukemia with interferon-alpha-2b and continuous oral cytarabine ocfosfate (YNK01): a pilot study. Leuk Res. 2000;24:583-7 pubmed..Although the data are preliminary, this is the first study showing that continuous administration of YNK01 along with IFNalpha is effective in patients with advanced chronic myelogenous leukemia. ..
- Kirsch C, Logemann E, Lippok B, Schmelzer E, Hahlbrock K. A highly specific pathogen-responsive promoter element from the immediate-early activated CMPG1 gene in Petroselinum crispum. Plant J. 2001;26:217-27 pubmed
- Lorenz T, Reinstein J. The influence of proline isomerization and off-pathway intermediates on the folding mechanism of eukaryotic UMP/CMP Kinase. J Mol Biol. 2008;381:443-55 pubmed publisher..The analysis of our single-mixing and double-mixing experiments suggests the occurrence of an off-pathway intermediate and an unproductive collapsed structure, which appear to be rate limiting for the folding of UmpK. ..
- Ohno R, Tatsumi N, Hirano M, Imai K, Mizoguchi H, Nakamura T, et al. Treatment of myelodysplastic syndromes with orally administered 1-beta-D-arabinofuranosylcytosine-5'-stearylphosphate. Oncology. 1991;48:451-5 pubmed..In spite of the disadvantages, such as unpredictable absorption, this newly developed orally administrable cytarabine analogue will be a useful drug in the treatment of MDS. ..
- Schwarz F. Interaction of cytidine 3'-monophosphate and uridine 3'-monophosphate with ribonuclease a at the denaturation temperature. Biochemistry. 1988;27:8429-36 pubmed..5). the denaturation transition cooperativities of the uncomplexed and complexed ribonuclease a were close to unity, indicating that the transition is two state with a stoichiometry of 1.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Reiter A, Hochhaus A, Berger U, Kuhn C, Hehlmann R. AraC-based pharmacotherapy of chronic myeloid leukaemia. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2001;2:1129-35 pubmed..The clinical benefits may therefore be outweighed by the dose-limiting toxicity for both application forms. Combinations with other drugs, e.g., STI571 or homoharringtonine, have shown promising early results in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Keane P, Wojdyla M, Doorley G, Kelly J, Clark I, Parker A, et al. Ultrafast IR spectroscopy of polymeric cytosine nucleic acids reveal the long-lived species is due to a localised state. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2012;14:6307-11 pubmed publisher..39 ps). A longer lifetime is also found in the d(CpC) dinucleotide. No evidence of excimer states is observed, suggesting that localised (1)n?* excited states are the most significant intermediates present on the picosecond timescale. ..
- McIntosh E, Kunz B, Haynes R. Inhibition of DNA replication in Saccharomyces cerevisiae by araCMP. Curr Genet. 1986;10:579-85 pubmed..Finally, araCMP was found to be recombinagenic in S. cerevisiae which suggests, together with other previous studies, that, in general, inhibition of DNA synthesis in yeast promotes mitotic recombination events. ..
- Chiarelli L, Morera S, Galizzi A, Fermo E, Zanella A, Valentini G. Molecular basis of pyrimidine 5'-nucleotidase deficiency caused by 3 newly identified missense mutations (c.187T>C, c.469G>C and c.740T>C) and a tabulation of known mutations. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2008;40:295-301 pubmed..Thus, all affected amino acids are functionally and structurally important for preserving the enzyme activity during the red cell life span. ..
- Mandal C, Srinivasan G, Chowdhury S, Chandra S, Mandal C, Schauer R, et al. High level of sialate-O-acetyltransferase activity in lymphoblasts of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL): enzyme characterization and correlation with disease status. Glycoconj J. 2009;26:57-73 pubmed publisher..This is the first report on sialate-O-acetyltransferase in ALL being one of the few descriptions of an enzyme of this type in human. ..
- Jamal S, Poddar N, Singh L, Dar T, Rishi V, Ahmad F. Relationship between functional activity and protein stability in the presence of all classes of stabilizing osmolytes. FEBS J. 2009;276:6024-32 pubmed publisher..parameters, Michaelis constant (K(m)) and catalytic constant (k(cat)) of the enzyme mediated hydrolysis of cytidine monophosphate, enabled us to classify stabilizing osmolytes into three different classes based on their effects on ..
- Doucet N, Jayasundera T, Simonovic M, Loria J. The crystal structure of ribonuclease A in complex with thymidine-3'-monophosphate provides further insight into ligand binding. Proteins. 2010;78:2459-68 pubmed publisher..Accumulating evidence suggests that very subtle structural, chemical, and potentially motional variations contribute to ligand discrimination in this enzyme. ..