Summary: A subclass of iridoid compounds that include a glucoside moiety, usually found at the C-1 position.
- Yang Y, Yin B, Lv L, Wang Z, He J, Chen Z, et al. Gastroprotective effect of aucubin against ethanol-induced gastric mucosal injury in mice. Life Sci. 2017;189:44-51 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, aucubin enhanced gastric mucosal protection by up-regulation of HSP-70 level and normalization of EGF, VEGF and COX-1 levels. ..
- Xiong K, Gao T, Zhang T, Wang Z, Han H. Simultaneous determination of gentiopicroside and its two active metabolites in rat plasma by LC-MS/MS and its application in pharmacokinetic studies. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1065-1066:1-7 pubmed publisher..The pharmacokinetic differences between gentiopicroside and its two metabolites were identified.Results provided the evidence for in vivo metabolism-based activation of gentiopicroside. ..
- Young I, Chuang S, Hsu C, Sun Y, Liu H, Chen Y, et al. Protective effects of aucubin on osteoarthritic chondrocyte model induced by hydrogen peroxide and mechanical stimulus. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:91 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that aucubin has protective effects in an osteoarthritic chondrocyte model induced by H2O2 and mechanical stimulus. ..
- Yang T, Zheng Q, Wang S, Fang L, Liu L, Zhao H, et al. Effect of catalpol on remyelination through experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis acting to promote Olig1 and Olig2 expressions in mice. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:240 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrated that Catalpol had a strong neuroprotective effect on EAE mice. Catalpol also plays a role in remyelination by promoting the expressions of Olig1 and Olig2 transcription factors. ..
- Kroll Møller P, Pedersen K, Gousiadou C, Kokubun T, Albach D, Taskova R, et al. Iridoid glucosides in the genus Veronica (Plantaginaceae) from New Zealand. Phytochemistry. 2017;140:174-180 pubmed publisherFour simple iridoid glucosides, three known esters of catalpol, seven esters of aucubin, and two phenylethanoids were isolated from Veronica hookeri (syn. Hebe ciliolata; Plantaginaceae)...