Summary: A glucoside-derived SODIUM-GLUCOSE TRANSPORTER 2 inhibitor that stimulates urinary excretion of glucose by suppressing renal glucose reabsorption. It is used to manage BLOOD GLUCOSE levels in patients with TYPE 2 DIABETES.
- Singh A, Singh R. Spotlight on Canagliflozin 300: review of its efficacy and an indirect comparison to other SGLT-2 inhibitors and long-acting GLP-1 receptor agonists. Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol. 2017;10:633-647 pubmed publisher..glucose reabsorption by blocking SGLT-2 receptor in kidney, dose-dependently, the highest licensed dose of canagliflozin 300-mg has an additional ability to inhibit SGLT-1 receptor in intestine transiently, that may lead to ..
- Novik A V, García B C, Oliva I D. [Diabetic ketoacidosis with mild hyperglycemia associated with the use of canagliflozin. Report of one case with type 1 diabetes]. Rev Med Chil. 2017;145:393-396 pubmed publisher..The patient had used canagliflozin during the two previous months...
- De Jonghe S, Johnson M, Mamidi R, Vinken P, Feyen B, Lammens G, et al. Renal tubular and adrenal medullary tumors in the 2-year rat study with canagliflozin confirmed to be secondary to carbohydrate (glucose) malabsorption in the 15-month mechanistic rat study. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;277:85-90 pubmed publisherDuring preclinical development of canagliflozin, an SGLT2 inhibitor, treatment-related pheochromocytomas, renal tubular tumors (RTT), and testicular Leydig cell tumors were reported in the 2-year rat toxicology study...
- Kosiborod M, Cavender M, Fu A, Wilding J, Khunti K, Holl R, et al. Lower Risk of Heart Failure and Death in Patients Initiated on Sodium-Glucose Cotransporter-2 Inhibitors Versus Other Glucose-Lowering Drugs: The CVD-REAL Study (Comparative Effectiveness of Cardiovascular Outcomes in New Users of Sodium-Glucose Cotr. Circulation. 2017;136:249-259 pubmed publisher..b>Canagliflozin, dapagliflozin, and empagliflozin accounted for 53%, 42%, and 5% of the total exposure time in the SGLT-2i ..
- Bundhun P, Janoo G, Huang F. Adverse drug events observed in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus treated with 100 mg versus 300 mg canagliflozin: a systematic review and meta-analysis of published randomized controlled trials. BMC Pharmacol Toxicol. 2017;18:19 pubmed publisherNowadays, canagliflozin monotherapy, or in combination with other oral hypoglycemic agents (OHAs), is often administered in patients who are treated for type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM)...
- Davies M, Merton K, Vijapurkar U, Yee J, Qiu R. Efficacy and safety of canagliflozin in patients with type 2 diabetes based on history of cardiovascular disease or cardiovascular risk factors: a post hoc analysis of pooled data. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2017;16:40 pubmed publisher..The sodium glucose co-transporter 2 inhibitor, canagliflozin, has been shown to improve glycaemic control and reduce body weight and blood pressure (BP) with a favourable ..