Genomes and Genes
Summary: Tissues, cells or organs transplanted between animals of different species.
Publications110 found, 100 shown here
- Humphries B, Wang Z, Li Y, Jhan J, Jiang Y, Yang C. ARHGAP18 Downregulation by miR-200b Suppresses Metastasis of Triple-Negative Breast Cancer by Enhancing Activation of RhoA. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4051-4064 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results define opposing roles for oncogenic ARHGAP18 and tumor suppressive miR-200b in determining TNBC cell migration and metastatic prowess. Cancer Res; 77(15); 4051-64. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Pan F, Yang W, Li W, Yang X, Liu S, Li X, et al. Conjugation of gold nanoparticles and recombinant human endostatin modulates vascular normalization via interruption of anterior gradient 2-mediated angiogenesis. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317708547 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrated recombinant human endostatin-gold nanoparticles might normalize vessels by interfering anterior gradient 2-mediated angiogenesis in metastatic colorectal cancer. ..
- Shang Z, Niu Y, Cai Q, Chen J, Tian J, Yeh S, et al. Human kallikrein 2 (KLK2) promotes prostate cancer cell growth via function as a modulator to promote the ARA70-enhanced androgen receptor transactivation. Tumour Biol. 2014;35:1881-90 pubmed..Together, these results suggested KLK2 might become a new therapeutic target to battle the CRPC and KLK2-siRNA may be developed as an alternative approach to suppress PCa growth. ..
- Matsuzawa H, Matsushita H, Yahata T, Tanaka M, Ando K. Comparison of the Gene Expression Profiles of Human Hematopoietic Stem Cells between Humans and a Humanized Xenograft Model. Tokai J Exp Clin Med. 2017;42:41-51 pubmed
- Fan Y, Ma X, Li H, Gao Y, Huang Q, Zhang Y, et al. miR-122 promotes metastasis of clear-cell renal cell carcinoma by downregulating Dicer. Int J Cancer. 2018;142:547-560 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest an important role of the miR-122/Dicer/miR-200s/EMT pathway in ccRCC metastasis. Furthermore, miR-122 may serve as a biomarker for discriminating ccRCC with metastatic potential. ..
- Chen D, Tavana O, Chu B, Erber L, Chen Y, Baer R, et al. NRF2 Is a Major Target of ARF in p53-Independent Tumor Suppression. Mol Cell. 2017;68:224-232.e4 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that NRF2 is a major target of p53-independent tumor suppression by ARF and also suggest that the ARF-NRF2 interaction acts as a new checkpoint for oxidative stress responses...
- Zhang L, Yang S, Wang Y, Fang Q, Chen X, Lu H, et al. Long Noncoding RNA MIR4697HG Promotes Cell Growth and Metastasis in Human Ovarian Cancer. Anal Cell Pathol (Amst). 2017;2017:8267863 pubmed publisher..These data suggested that MIR4697HG promoted ovarian cancer growth and metastasis. The aggressive role of MIR4697HG in ovarian cancer may be related to the ERK and AKT signaling pathways. ..
- Piddock R, Loughran N, Marlein C, Robinson S, Edwards D, Yu S, et al. PI3K? and PI3K? isoforms have distinct functions in regulating pro-tumoural signalling in the multiple myeloma microenvironment. Blood Cancer J. 2017;7:e539 pubmed publisher..We report that PI3K? and PI3K? isoforms have distinct functions in MM and that combined PI3k?/? isoform inhibition has anti-MM activity. Here we provide a scientific rationale for trials of dual PI3k?/? inhibition in patients with MM...
- Barton V, Christenson J, Gordon M, Greene L, Rogers T, Butterfield K, et al. Androgen Receptor Supports an Anchorage-Independent, Cancer Stem Cell-like Population in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3455-3466 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(13); 3455-66. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Li X, Kang Y, Roife D, Lee Y, Pratt M, Perez M, et al. Prolonged exposure to extracellular lumican restrains pancreatic adenocarcinoma growth. Oncogene. 2017;36:5432-5438 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings demonstrate that stromal lumican restrains PDAC cell growth through mediating cell entry into a quiescent state. ..
- Lu J, Wei J, Feng Z, Chen Z, Wang Y, Huang Y, et al. miR-106b-5p promotes renal cell carcinoma aggressiveness and stem-cell-like phenotype by activating Wnt/?-catenin signalling. Oncotarget. 2017;8:21461-21471 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that miR-106b-5p mediates the constitutive activation of Wnt/?-catenin signalling, likely serving as a potential therapeutic target for ccRCC. ..
- Jin K, Zhou W, Han X, Wang Z, Li B, Jeffries S, et al. Acetylation of Mastermind-like 1 by p300 Drives the Recruitment of NACK to Initiate Notch-Dependent Transcription. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4228-4237 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(16); 4228-37. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Gu Y, Zhang J, Ma X, Kim B, Wang H, Li J, et al. Stabilization of the c-Myc Protein by CAMKIIÎ³ Promotes T Cell Lymphoma. Cancer Cell. 2017;32:115-128.e7 pubmed publisher..Together, the CAMKIIÎ³:c-Myc axis critically influences the development and maintenance of TCL and represents a potential therapeutic target for TCL. ..
- Stacer A, Nyati S, Moudgil P, Iyengar R, Luker K, Rehemtulla A, et al. NanoLuc reporter for dual luciferase imaging in living animals. Mol Imaging. 2013;12:1-13 pubmed..Our results establish NL as a new reporter for bioluminescence imaging studies in intact cells and living mice that will expand imaging of signal transduction in normal physiology, disease, and drug development. ..
- Shui X, Zhou C, Lin W, Yu Y, Feng Y, Kong J. Long non-coding RNA BCAR4 promotes chondrosarcoma cell proliferation and migration through activation of mTOR signaling pathway. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2017;242:1044-1050 pubmed publisher..Impact statement LncRNA BCAR4 promoted chondrosarcoma cell proliferation and migration through activation of mTOR signaling pathway, and thus contributed to chondrosarcoma progression. ..
- Wang Y, Chu Y, Yue B, Ma X, Zhang G, Xiang H, et al. Adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells promote osteosarcoma proliferation and metastasis by activating the STAT3 pathway. Oncotarget. 2017;8:23803-23816 pubmed publisher..After the siRNA treatment, the MMP2, MMP9 and Ki67 levels decreased. Based on these data, stromal ADSCs promote osteosarcoma progression by increasing STAT3 signalling-mediated MMP2/9 expression. ..
- Liu Q, Yang Y, Tan X, Tao Z, Adah D, Yu S, et al. Plasmodium parasite as an effective hepatocellular carcinoma antigen glypican-3 delivery vector. Oncotarget. 2017;8:24785-24796 pubmed publisher..More broadly, this strategy supported our hypothesis that Plasmodium parasites, as novel therapeutic antigen vectors, may be applicable to tumor immunotherapy for patients with HCC. ..
- Kramer N, Schmöllerl J, Unger C, Nivarthi H, Rudisch A, Unterleuthner D, et al. Autocrine WNT2 signaling in fibroblasts promotes colorectal cancer progression. Oncogene. 2017;36:5460-5472 pubmed publisher..The identification of the pro-malignant function of stromal derived WNT2 in CRC classifies WNT2 and its receptor as promising stromal targets to confine cancer progression in combination with conventional or targeted therapies. ..
- Yang F, Wei J, Zhang S, Zhang X. Shrimp miR-S8 Suppresses the Stemness of Human Melanoma Stem-like Cells by Targeting the Transcription Factor YB-1. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5543-5553 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results illuminated a novel aspect of miRNA-mediated cross-species gene expression and its use in regulating cancer stem-like cells. Cancer Res; 77(20); 5543-53. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Powan P, Luanpitpong S, He X, Rojanasakul Y, Chanvorachote P. Detachment-induced E-cadherin expression promotes 3D tumor spheroid formation but inhibits tumor formation and metastasis of lung cancer cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2017;313:C556-C566 pubmed publisher..Our data also suggest that agents that restore E-cadherin expression may be used as therapeutic agents for metastatic cancers. ..
- Yi Y, Tsai S, Cheng J, Wang E, Anglesio M, Cochrane D, et al. APELA promotes tumour growth and cell migration in ovarian cancer in a p53-dependent manner. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:663-671 pubmed publisher..APELA plays an essential role in endoderm differentiation and cardiac development during embryogenesis. We investigated whether APELA exerts any functions in cancer progression...
- Chiang C, Chao T, Su Y, Hsu C, Chien C, Chiu K, et al. Metformin-treated cancer cells modulate macrophage polarization through AMPK-NF-?B signaling. Oncotarget. 2017;8:20706-20718 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that metformin activates cancer AMPK-NF-?B signaling, a pathway involved in regulating M1/M2 expression and inducing genes for macrophage polarization to anti-tumor phenotype. ..
- Xu K, Chen G, Qiu Y, Yuan Z, Li H, Yuan X, et al. miR-503-5p confers drug resistance by targeting PUMA in colorectal carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2017;8:21719-21732 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that a p53/miR-503-5p/PUMA signaling axis regulates the CRC response to chemotherapy, and suggest that miR-503-5p plays an important role in the development of MDR in CRC by modulating PUMA expression. ..
- Herr I, SÃ¤hr H, Zhao Z, Yin L, Omlor G, Lehner B, et al. MiR-127 and miR-376a act as tumor suppressors by inÂ vivo targeting of COA1 and PDIA6 in giant cell tumor of bone. Cancer Lett. 2017;409:49-55 pubmed publisher..7% and 42.7%, while the tumor take rates remained stable. Our results indicate that re-expression of miR-127-3p and miR-376a-3p induces a strong tumor suppressor effect in GCTSC, which is partially mediated via COA1 and PDIA6. ..
- Bourdeau R, Lee Gosselin A, Lakshmanan A, Farhadi A, Kumar S, Nety S, et al. Acoustic reporter genes for noninvasive imaging of microorganisms in mammalian hosts. Nature. 2018;553:86-90 pubmed publisher..This technology equips microbial cells with a means to be visualized deep inside mammalian hosts, facilitating the study of the mammalian microbiome and the development of diagnostic and therapeutic cellular agents. ..
- Zhang D, Zhang G, Hu X, Wu L, Feng Y, He S, et al. Oncogenic RAS Regulates Long Noncoding RNA Orilnc1 in Human Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3745-3757 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results identify Orilnc1 as a novel, nonprotein mediator of RAS/RAF activation that may serve as a therapeutic target in RAS/RAF-driven cancers. Cancer Res; 77(14); 3745-57. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Sharma S, Pourat J, Abdel Atti D, Carlin S, Piersigilli A, Bankovich A, et al. Noninvasive Interrogation of DLL3 Expression in Metastatic Small Cell Lung Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3931-3941 pubmed publisher..5 therapy in SCLC patient-derived xenograft models. Cancer Res; 77(14); 3931-41. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Lo P, Zhang Y, Yao Y, Wolfson B, Yu J, Han S, et al. Tumor-associated myoepithelial cells promote the invasive progression of ductal carcinoma in situ through activation of TGFÎ² signaling. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:11466-11484 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide the first experimental evidence to directly support the paradigm that altered DCIS-associated myoepithelial cells promote the invasive progression of DCIS into IDC via TGFÎ² signaling activation. ..
- Winters B, Brown L, Coleman I, Nguyen H, Minas T, Kollath L, et al. Inhibition of ERG Activity in Patient-derived Prostate Cancer Xenografts by YK-4-279. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3385-3396 pubmed..2 and LuCaP 35 PDX. YK-4-279 decreased ERG+ LuCaP 23.1 tumor growth, but not LuCaP 86.2 and LuCaP 35 ERG+ tumor growth. ..
- Lin X, Lin B, Chen X, ZHANG B, Xiao X, Shi J, et al. PAI-1/PIAS3/Stat3/miR-34a forms a positive feedback loop to promote EMT-mediated metastasis through Stat3 signaling in Non-small cell lung cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:1464-1470 pubmed publisher..This study intented to clarify the intracellular effect of PAI-1 on Non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) metastasis and the precise mechanism involved...
- Chen X, Yu T, Zhang J, Li Y, Chen H, Yang G, et al. CYP4A in tumor-associated macrophages promotes pre-metastatic niche formation and metastasis. Oncogene. 2017;36:5045-5057 pubmed publisher..In summary, CYP4A in TAMs is crucial for lung pre-metastatic niche formation and metastasis, and may serve as a potential therapeutic target in human cancer...
- Lee S, Kim D, Kang J, Kim E, Kim W, Youn H, et al. Surfactant Protein B Suppresses Lung Cancer Progression by Inhibiting Secretory Phospholipase A2 Activity and Arachidonic Acid Production. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:1684-1700 pubmed publisher..Our results revealed that down-regulation of SP-B was involved in the radiation-induced metastatic conversion of NSCLC and provided evidence that SP-B acted as a suppressor of NSCLC progression. ..
- Yu T, Guo F, Yu Y, Sun T, Ma D, Han J, et al. Fusobacterium nucleatum Promotes Chemoresistance to Colorectal Cancer by Modulating Autophagy. Cell. 2017;170:548-563.e16 pubmed publisher..Measuring and targeting F. nucleatum and its associated pathway will yield valuable insight into clinical management and may ameliorate colorectal cancer patient outcomes. ..
- Du Z, Cai C, Sims M, Boop F, Davidoff A, Pfeffer L. The effects of type I interferon on glioblastoma cancer stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;491:343-348 pubmed publisher..In addition, we show that IFN induces transient STAT3 activation in GSCs, while induction of astrocytic differentiation in GSCs results in sustained STAT3 activation. ..
- Huang J, Chen M, Chen D, Gao X, Zhu S, Huang H, et al. A Peptide Encoded by a Putative lncRNA HOXB-AS3 Suppresses Colon Cancer Growth. Mol Cell. 2017;68:171-184.e6 pubmed publisher..Our findings uncover a complex regulatory mechanism of cancer metabolism reprogramming orchestrated by a peptide encoded by an lncRNA...
- Faubert B, Li K, Cai L, Hensley C, Kim J, Zacharias L, et al. Lactate Metabolism in Human Lung Tumors. Cell. 2017;171:358-371.e9 pubmed publisher..The data indicate that tumors, including bona fide human NSCLC, can use lactate as a fuel inÂ vivo. ..
- Yin H, Meng T, Zhou L, Chen H, Song D. SPC24 is critical for anaplastic thyroid cancer progression. Oncotarget. 2017;8:21884-21891 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data demonstrates that SPC24 can serve as a promising prognostic biomarker of ATC cells and it is a novel strategy which could be developed by targeting SPC24 in future. ..
- Piacente F, Caffa I, Ravera S, Sociali G, Passalacqua M, Vellone V, et al. Nicotinic Acid Phosphoribosyltransferase Regulates Cancer Cell Metabolism, Susceptibility to NAMPT Inhibitors, and DNA Repair. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3857-3869 pubmed publisher..This knowledge could be used to increase the efficacy of NAMPT inhibitors and chemotherapy. Cancer Res; 77(14); 3857-69. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Wawrzyniak R, Wozniak A, Gebreyohannes Y, Dykcik B, Schoffski P, Markuszewski M. Volatile organic compounds in gastrointestinal stromal tumour tissue originating from patient-derived xenografts. J Breath Res. 2017;11:037101 pubmed publisher..This study constitutes a proof of concept in GISTs and reveals the potential of the metabolomic approach in orphan malignancies. ..
- Carretta M, de Boer B, Jaques J, Antonelli A, Horton S, Yuan H, et al. Genetically engineered mesenchymal stromal cells produce IL-3 and TPO to further improve human scaffold-based xenograft models. Exp Hematol. 2017;51:36-46 pubmed publisher..This approach will be useful for functional study of the importance of niche factors in normal and malignant human hematopoiesis. ..
- Goto H, Kariya R, Kudo E, Okuno Y, Ueda K, Katano H, et al. Restoring PU.1 induces apoptosis and modulates viral transactivation via interferon-stimulated genes in primary effusion lymphoma. Oncogene. 2017;36:5252-5262 pubmed publisher..Collectively, PU.1 has a role in tumor suppression in PEL and its down-regulation is associated with PEL development. Restoring PU.1 with demethylation agents may be a novel therapeutic approach for PEL. ..
- Shukla S, Cyrta J, Murphy D, Walczak E, Ran L, Agrawal P, et al. Aberrant Activation of a Gastrointestinal Transcriptional Circuit in Prostate Cancer Mediates Castration Resistance. Cancer Cell. 2017;32:792-806.e7 pubmed publisher..In HNF4G/HNF1A-double-negative prostate cancer, exogenous expression of HNF4G at physiologic levels recapitulates the gastrointestinal transcriptome, chromatin landscape, and leads to relative castration resistance. ..
- Qian Y, Wong C, Xu J, Chen H, Zhang Y, Kang W, et al. Sodium Channel Subunit SCNN1B Suppresses Gastric Cancer Growth and Metastasis via GRP78 Degradation. Cancer Res. 2017;77:1968-1982 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(8); 1968-82. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Xu Y, Wang X, Chen Y, Chen S, Yang X, Sun Y, et al. Integration of Receptor Tyrosine Kinases Determines Sensitivity to PI3K?-selective Inhibitors in Breast Cancer. Theranostics. 2017;7:974-986 pubmed publisher..The expression profile of RTKs in breast cancer tissue could be potentially developed as a predictive biomarker for the efficacy of PI3K? inhibitors. ..
- Jiang Y, Cao Y, WANG Y, Li W, Liu X, Lv Y, et al. Cysteine transporter SLC3A1 promotes breast cancer tumorigenesis. Theranostics. 2017;7:1036-1046 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data demonstrate that SLC3A1 promotes cysteine uptake and determines cellular response to antioxidant N-acetylcysteine, suggesting SLC3A1 is a potential therapeutic target for breast cancer. ..
- Huang B, Yang H, Cheng X, Wang D, Fu S, Shen W, et al. tRF/miR-1280 Suppresses Stem Cell-like Cells and Metastasis in Colorectal Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3194-3206 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, they provide evidence that functionally active miRNA can be derived from tRNA, offering potential biomarker and therapeutic uses. Cancer Res; 77(12); 3194-206. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Grausam K, Dooyema S, Bihannic L, Premathilake H, Morrissy A, Forget A, et al. ATOH1 Promotes Leptomeningeal Dissemination and Metastasis of Sonic Hedgehog Subgroup Medulloblastomas. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3766-3777 pubmed publisher..Our work reveals a dynamic ATOH1-driven molecular cascade underlying medulloblastoma metastasis that offers possible therapeutic opportunities. Cancer Res; 77(14); 3766-77. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Wang Z, Zhu Z. [Application and development of patient-derived tumor xenograft model in translational medicine of tumor]. Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2017;20:596-600 pubmed..The methodological issues, salient features, practical applications, and future directions of PDX models will be illustrated. ..
- Yoshimi A, Balasis M, Vedder A, Feldman K, Ma Y, Zhang H, et al. Robust patient-derived xenografts of MDS/MPN overlap syndromes capture the unique characteristics of CMML and JMML. Blood. 2017;130:397-407 pubmed publisher..These data reveal that NSGS mice support the development of CMML and JMML disease-initiating and mature leukemic cells in vivo, allowing creation of genetically accurate preclinical models of these disorders. ..
- Choo S, Wang P, Newbury R, Roberts W, Yang J. Reactivation of TWIST1 contributes to Ewing sarcoma metastasis. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2018;65: pubmed publisher..These results suggest that TWIST1 promotes metastasis in Ewing sarcoma and could be used as a prognostic marker for treatment stratification; however, further validation is required in a larger cohort of patients. ..
- Wagner K, Alam H, Dhar S, Giri U, Li N, Wei Y, et al. KDM2A promotes lung tumorigenesis by epigenetically enhancing ERK1/2 signaling. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:5231-46 pubmed publisher..These findings uncover an unexpected role for a histone methylation modifier in activating ERK1/2 in lung tumorigenesis and metastasis, suggesting that KDM2A may be a promising therapeutic target in NSCLC. ..
- Zhang S, Tang D, Zang W, Yin G, Dai J, Sun Y, et al. Synergistic Inhibitory Effect of Traditional Chinese Medicine Astragaloside IV and Curcumin on Tumor Growth and Angiogenesis in an Orthotopic Nude-Mouse Model of Human Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:465-473 pubmed..The present study indicates future clinical potential of combination therapy with AS-IV and curcumin for HCC. ..
- Chaudhry P, Singh M, Triche T, Guzman M, Merchant A. GLI3 repressor determines Hedgehog pathway activation and is required for response to SMO antagonist glasdegib in AML. Blood. 2017;129:3465-3475 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these data support rational combinations of hypomethylating agents with SMO antagonists in clinical trials. ..
- Kametani Y, Katano I, Miyamoto A, Kikuchi Y, Ito R, Muguruma Y, et al. NOG-hIL-4-Tg, a new humanized mouse model for producing tumor antigen-specific IgG antibody by peptide vaccination. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179239 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the human PBMC-transplanted NOG-hIL-4-Tg mouse is an effective tool to evaluate the production of antigen-specific IgG antibodies. ..
- Abdul Rahim S, Dirkse A, Oudin A, Schuster A, Bohler J, Barthelemy V, et al. Regulation of hypoxia-induced autophagy in glioblastoma involves ATG9A. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:813-825 pubmed publisher..Combination with hypoxia-inducing agents may provide benefit by allowing to decrease the effective dose of autophagy inhibitors. ..
- Zhang S, Fan G, Hao Y, Hammell M, Wilkinson J, Tonks N. Suppression of protein tyrosine phosphatase N23 predisposes to breast tumorigenesis via activation of FYN kinase. Genes Dev. 2017;31:1939-1957 pubmed publisher..Overall, this mechanistic analysis of the tumor-suppressive function of PTPN23 in breast cancer supports the identification of FYN as a therapeutic target for breast tumors with heterozygous or homozygous loss of PTPN23. ..
- Zlitni A, Yin M, Janzen N, Chatterjee S, Lisok A, Gabrielson K, et al. Development of prostate specific membrane antigen targeted ultrasound microbubbles using bioorthogonal chemistry. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176958 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate both the feasibility of preparing PSMA-targeted MBs and the benefits of using bioorthogonal chemistry to create targeted US probes. ..
- Han A, Veeneman B, El Sawy L, Day K, Day M, Tomlins S, et al. Fibulin-3 promotes muscle-invasive bladder cancer. Oncogene. 2017;36:5243-5251 pubmed publisher..This also suggests fibulin-3 and IGFBP5 may have potential as biomarkers of aggressive bladder cancer or therapeutic targets. ..
- Volk Draper L, Hall K, Wilber A, Ran S. Lymphatic endothelial progenitors originate from plastic myeloid cells activated by toll-like receptor-4. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179257 pubmed publisher..This information can be further exploited for research and therapeutic purposes. ..
- Jin L, Vu T, Yuan G, Datta P. STRAP Promotes Stemness of Human Colorectal Cancer via Epigenetic Regulation of the NOTCH Pathway. Cancer Res. 2017;77:5464-5478 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings illuminated a novel STRAP-NOTCH1-HES1 molecular axis as a CSC regulator in colorectal cancer, with potential implications to improve treatment of this disease. Cancer Res; 77(20); 5464-78. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Li S, Nishikawa T, Kaneda Y. Inactivated Sendai virus particle upregulates cancer cell expression of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 and enhances natural killer cell sensitivity on cancer cells. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:2333-2341 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that HVJ-E enhances NK cell sensitivity against cancer cells by increasing ICAM-1 expression on the cancer cell surface...
- Aukes K, Forsman C, Brady N, Astleford K, Blixt N, Sachdev D, et al. Breast cancer cell-derived fibroblast growth factors enhance osteoclast activity and contribute to the formation of metastatic lesions. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185736 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies demonstrate that tumor cell-derived FGFs enhance osteoclast function and contribute to the formation of metastatic lesions in breast cancer...
- Woo J, Vierboom M, Kwon H, Chao D, Ye S, Li J, et al. PDL241, a novel humanized monoclonal antibody, reveals CD319 as a therapeutic target for rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2013;15:R207 pubmed..The activity of PDL241 in both in vitro and in vivo models highlights the potential of CD319 as a therapeutic target in RA. ..
- Wang D, Sun H, Wei J, Cen B, DuBois R. CXCL1 Is Critical for Premetastatic Niche Formation and Metastasis in Colorectal Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3655-3665 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our work also provides a rationale for development of CXCR2 antagonists to inhibit or prevent metastatic spread of disease. Cancer Res; 77(13); 3655-65. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Hovhannisyan N, Dhilly M, Fidalgo M, Fillesoye F, Guillouet S, Sola B, et al. [18F]Fludarabine-PET in a murine model of multiple myeloma. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177125 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, more investigations are required to extend this conclusion to humans. ..
- Unger C, Kramer N, Unterleuthner D, Scherzer M, Burian A, Rudisch A, et al. Stromal-derived IGF2 promotes colon cancer progression via paracrine and autocrine mechanisms. Oncogene. 2017;36:5341-5355 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we demonstrate that stroma-induced IGF2 promotes colon cancer progression in a paracrine and autocrine manner and propose IGF2 as potential target for tumor stroma cotargeting strategies. ..
- Rossfeld K, Justiniano S, Ding H, Gong L, Kothandaraman S, Sawant D, et al. Biological Evaluation of a Fluorescent-Imaging Agent for Medullary Thyroid Cancer in an Orthotopic Model. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017;102:3268-3277 pubmed publisher..Compound-17 is a unique and effective molecule for MTC identification that may have therapeutic potential. ..
- Chao C, Widen S, Wood T, Zatarain J, Johnson P, Gajjar A, et al. Patient-derived Xenografts from Colorectal Carcinoma: A Temporal and Hierarchical Study of Murine Stromal Cell Replacement. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3405-3412 pubmed..Murine cell replacement occurs in a time- and size-dependent manner. ..
- Kossmann C, Annereau M, Thomas Schoemann A, Nicco Overney C, Chereau C, Batteux F, et al. ADAM9 expression promotes an aggressive lung adenocarcinoma phenotype. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317716077 pubmed publisher..These results emphasize the critical influence of ADAM9 on lung cancer progression and aggressiveness. ADAM9 should at least be a marker of cancer aggressiveness and a potential therapeutic target for cancer treatment. ..
- Zhu Z, Lou C, Zheng Z, Zhu R, Tian S, Xie C, et al. ZFP403, a novel tumor suppressor, inhibits the proliferation and metastasis in ovarian cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2017;147:418-425 pubmed publisher..Xenograft study also demonstrated that overexpression of ZFP403 suppressed the tumor growth in vivo. The effects of ZFP403 on cell proliferation and metastasis suggest that it may serve as a tumor suppressor in ovarian cancer. ..
- Lee G, Zheng Y, Cho S, Jang C, England C, Dempsey J, et al. Post-transcriptional Regulation of De Novo Lipogenesis by mTORC1-S6K1-SRPK2 Signaling. Cell. 2017;171:1545-1558.e18 pubmed publisher..These results thus reveal a novel role of mTORC1-SRPK2 signaling in post-transcriptional regulation of lipid metabolism and demonstrate that SRPK2 is a potential therapeutic target for mTORC1-driven metabolic disorders. ..
- Pistilli R, Felice P, Piatelli M, Nisii A, Barausse C, Esposito M. Blocks of autogenous bone versus xenografts for the rehabilitation of atrophic jaws with dental implants: preliminary data from a pilot randomised controlled trial. Eur J Oral Implantol. 2014;7:153-71 pubmed..Autogenous onlay bone blocks are superior to equine onlay bone blocks, especially in mandibles, where all equine blocks failed, therefore we strongly discourage the use of onlay bone blocks of equine origin in mandibles. ..
- Hernandez A, Kitz A, Wu C, Lowther D, Rodriguez D, Vudattu N, et al. Sodium chloride inhibits the suppressive function of FOXP3+ regulatory T cells. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:4212-22 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate a putative role for an environmental factor that promotes autoimmunity by inducing proinflammatory responses in CD4 effector cells and Treg pathways. ..
- Chou S, Hsiang C, Lo H, Huang H, Lai M, Hsieh C, et al. Exploration of anti-cancer effects and mechanisms of Zuo-Jin-Wan and its alkaloid components in vitro and in orthotopic HepG2 xenograft immunocompetent mice. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:121 pubmed publisher..Moreover, c-myc might play a potent role in the cytotoxic mechanisms of ZJW, CC, ER, berberine, and evodiamine. ..
- Guillaumet Adkins A, Rodríguez Esteban G, Mereu E, Mendez Lago M, Jaitin D, Villanueva A, et al. Single-cell transcriptome conservation in cryopreserved cells and tissues. Genome Biol. 2017;18:45 pubmed publisher..Our results confirm that the conservation process did not alter transcriptional profiles. This substantially broadens the scope of applications in single-cell transcriptomics and could lead to a paradigm shift in future study designs. ..
- Shang Y, He J, Feng Q, Zhang Y, Guo J, Li J, et al. CHIP/Stub1 regulates the Warburg effect by promoting degradation of PKM2 in ovarian carcinoma. Oncogene. 2017;36:4191-4200 pubmed publisher..Our findings shed new light into understanding of ovarian carcinomas and may provide a new therapeutic strategy for ovarian cancer. ..
- Wu H, Lay I, Shibu M, Ho T, Cheng S, Lin C, et al. Zanthoxylum avicennae extract enhances GSK-3? to attenuate ?-catenin via phosphatase 2A to block metastatic effects of HA22T cells and hepatocellular carcinoma xenografted nude mice. Environ Toxicol. 2017;32:2133-2143 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, both in vitro and in vivo models clearly demonstrated that YBBE inhibits ?-catenin involved metastatic signaling in highly metastatic HA22T cells through PP2A activation. ..
- Laurenzana A, Chillà A, Luciani C, Peppicelli S, Biagioni A, Bianchini F, et al. uPA/uPAR system activation drives a glycolytic phenotype in melanoma cells. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:1190-1200 pubmed publisher..These findings unveil a unrecognized interaction between the invasion-related uPAR and IL-TKRs in the control of glycolysis and disclose a new pharmacological target (i.e., uPAR/IL-TKRs axis) for the therapy of melanoma. ..
- Go R, Hwang K, Kim C, Byun Y, Nam K, Choi K. Effect of dioxin and 17?-estradiol on the expression of cytochrome P450 1A1 gene via an estrogen receptor dependent pathway in cellular and xenografted models. Environ Toxicol. 2017;32:2225-2233 pubmed publisher..The relevance of E2 and ER in CYP1A1 activation of estrogen responsive cancers may be targeted for developing more effective cancer treatments. ..
- Kim M, Yoon H, Park S, Kim D, Pyo A, Kim H, et al. Engineering of monobody conjugates for human EphA2-specific optical imaging. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180786 pubmed publisher..E1-Rluc8 signals were detected at 4 h, peaked at 12 h, and were undetectable at 24 h. These results suggest the potential of E1-Rluc8 as an EphA2-specific optical imaging agent. ..
- Zhang R, Liu R, Liu C, Niu Y, Zhang J, Guo B, et al. A Novel Role for MiR-520a-3p in Regulating EGFR Expression in Colorectal Cancer. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:1559-1574 pubmed publisher..This study highlights a tumour suppressor role for miR-520a-3p in colorectal cancer via the regulation of EGFR expression. Thus, miR-520a-3p may be a novel molecular therapeutic target for colorectal cancer. ..
- Jia L, Lu X, Liu G, Wang S, Xu M, Tian Y, et al. Endostatin sensitizes p53-deficient non-small-cell lung cancer to genotoxic chemotherapy by targeting DNA-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit. J Pathol. 2017;243:255-266 pubmed publisher..Copyright © 2017 Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..