Summary: Transplant comprised of an individual's own tissue, transferred from one part of the body to another.
- Tian P, Hu W, Li Z, Sun X, Ma X. Comparison of autograft and allograft tendons in posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: A meta-analysis. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7434 pubmed publisher..Due to the limited quality and data in the studies currently available, in the future, more high-quality RCTs are required to answer this question more definitively. ..
- Genadieva Stavric S, Bonello F, Bringhen S, Boccadoro M, Larocca A. How is patient care for multiple myeloma advancing?. Expert Rev Hematol. 2017;10:551-561 pubmed publisher..Implementation of these novel drugs in rationally designed therapies with a good balance of efficacy and safety should be carefully considered in order to improve outcome. ..
- Hui L, von Keudell G, Wang R, Zeidan A, Gore S, Ma X, et al. Cost-effectiveness analysis of consolidation with brentuximab vedotin for high-risk Hodgkin lymphoma after autologous stem cell transplantation. Cancer. 2017;123:3763-3771 pubmed publisher..However, indication-specific price reductions for the consolidative setting could reduce ICERs to widely acceptable values. Cancer 2017. © 2017 American Cancer Society. Cancer 2017;123:3763-3771. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Denadai R, Raposo Amaral C, Pinho A, Lameiro T, Buzzo C, Raposo Amaral C. Predictors of Autologous Free Fat Graft Retention in the Management of Craniofacial Contour Deformities. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2017;140:50e-61e pubmed publisher..Craniofacial fat graft retention is achievable but remains somewhat unpredictable, with age, Parry-Romberg syndrome, previous bone surgical intervention, grafted volume, and recipient sites affecting retention. Risk, III. ..
- Ding Z, Zhu X, Fu K, Zheng X. Digital Lengthening to Treat Finger Deficiency: An Experience of 201 Digits in 104 Patients. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:4934280 pubmed publisher..It could be an alternative plan for patients with thumb deficiency instead of toe-to-thumb transplant and patients with finger deficiency instead of ray resection. ..
- Zhang Y, Shen L, Shao J, Chou D, Song J, Zhang J. Structural Allograft versus Autograft for Instrumented Atlantoaxial Fusions in Pediatric Patients: Radiologic and Clinical Outcomes in Series of 32 Patients. World Neurosurg. 2017;105:549-556 pubmed publisher..efficacious when combined with rigid screw/rod constructs in pediatric patients, with a similar fusion rate to autografts and an acceptable complication rate...
- Yamamoto Y, Iino K, Shintani Y, Kato H, Kimura K, Watanabe G, et al. Comparison of Aortic Annulus Dimension After Aortic Valve Neocuspidization With Valve Replacement and Normal Valve. Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2017;29:143-149 pubmed publisher..Lower postoperative peak pressure gradients might underlie the observed changes. These advantages will help in rectifying AVR defects. ..
- Wilke C, Cao Q, Dusenbery K, Bachanova V, Lazaryan A, Lee C, et al. Role of Consolidative Radiation Therapy After Autologous Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for the Treatment of Relapsed or Refractory Hodgkin Lymphoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;99:94-102 pubmed publisher..Radiation therapy was well tolerated, with minimal toxicity. Our study supports a role of consolidative radiation therapy in patients with HL treated with AHCT. ..
- Nkenke E, Neukam F. Autogenous bone harvesting and grafting in advanced jaw resorption: morbidity, resorption and implant survival. Eur J Oral Implantol. 2014;7 Suppl 2:S203-17 pubmed..Dependent on the required graft structure and amount of bone needed, ramus grafts, block bone grafts from the posterior iliac crest and cancellous bone grafts harvested with a trephine from the anterior iliac crest should be chosen. ..
- Pistilli R, Felice P, Piatelli M, Nisii A, Barausse C, Esposito M. Blocks of autogenous bone versus xenografts for the rehabilitation of atrophic jaws with dental implants: preliminary data from a pilot randomised controlled trial. Eur J Oral Implantol. 2014;7:153-71 pubmed..Autogenous onlay bone blocks are superior to equine onlay bone blocks, especially in mandibles, where all equine blocks failed, therefore we strongly discourage the use of onlay bone blocks of equine origin in mandibles. ..
- Li Y, Wu J, Feng F, Men C, Yang D, Gao Z, et al. A Preclinical Study of Cell-seeded Tubularized Scaffolds Specially Secreting LL37 for Reconstruction of Long Urethral Defects. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:4295-4301 pubmed
- Romero A, Barrachina L, Ranera B, Remacha A, Moreno B, de Blas I, et al. Comparison of autologous bone marrow and adipose tissue derived mesenchymal stem cells, and platelet rich plasma, for treating surgically induced lesions of the equine superficial digital flexor tendon. Vet J. 2017;224:76-84 pubmed publisher..Although differences between treatments were relatively small, BM-MSCs resulted in a better outcome than PRP and AT-MSCs. ..
- Cohen O, Lam G, Karp N, Choi M. Determining the Oncologic Safety of Autologous Fat Grafting as a Reconstructive Modality: An Institutional Review of Breast Cancer Recurrence Rates and Surgical Outcomes. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2017;140:382e-392e pubmed publisher..8 months from initial surgery; p = 0.016). Autologous fat grafting is a powerful tool in breast reconstruction. This large, single-institution study provides valuable evidence-based support for its oncologic safety. Therapeutic, III. ..
- Sakamoto M, Morimoto N, Inoie M, Takahagi M, Ogino S, Jinno C, et al. Cultured Human Epidermis Combined With Meshed Skin Autografts Accelerates Epithelialization and Granulation Tissue Formation in a Rat Model. Ann Plast Surg. 2017;78:651-658 pubmed publisherAs the take rate of cultured epidermal autografts in burn wound treatment is variable, widely expanded meshed auto skin grafts are often used in combination with cultured epidermal autograft to increase the take rate and achieve ..
- Chen Z, Hu S. MYC/BCL2 double-hit lymphoma/leukemia mimicking acute leukemia at initial presentation. Blood. 2016;127:1072 pubmed
- Tang X, Guo W, Yang R, Yan T, Tang S, Li D. Acetabular Reconstruction With Femoral Head Autograft After Intraarticular Resection of Periacetabular Tumors is Durable at Short-term Followup. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2017;475:3060-3070 pubmed publisher..Level IV, therapeutic study. ..
- Clearfield E, Hawkins B, Kuo I. Conjunctival Autograft Versus Amniotic Membrane Transplantation for Treatment of Pterygium: Findings From a Cochrane Systematic Review. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;182:8-17 pubmed publisher..CAG-treated eyes had half the recurrence rates of AMT-treated eyes. Future RCTs should assess changes in patient-reported outcomes (symptoms, cosmesis) and visual acuity, and evaluate effects of surgical variations. ..
- Houdek M, Rose P, Bakri K, Wagner E, Yaszemski M, Sim F, et al. Outcomes and Complications of Reconstruction with Use of Free Vascularized Fibular Graft for Spinal and Pelvic Defects Following Resection of a Malignant Tumor. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2017;99:e69 pubmed publisher..Although patient function was acceptable following these large reconstructions, the rate of postoperative complications was high. Therapeutic Level IV. See Instructions for Authors for a complete description of levels of evidence. ..
- Sinha S, Schreiner A, Biernaskie J, Nickerson D, Gabriel V. Treating pain on skin graft donor sites: Review and clinical recommendations. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2017;83:954-964 pubmed publisher..Methodologically sound randomized control trials examining the efficacy of modified tumescent solution, ropivacaine, plasma therapy, noncontact ultrasound, and morphine gels are lacking and should be a priority for future research. ..
- Mühlhäusser J, Winkler J, Babst R, Beeres F. Infected tibia defect fractures treated with the Masquelet technique. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6948 pubmed publisher..Due to the massive destruction of the soft tissue, patients needed several reoperations with soft tissue debridements and reconstruction before the spacer and the bone graft could be implanted. ..
- Bair S, Strelec L, Nagle S, Nasta S, Landsburg D, Mato A, et al. Outcomes of patients with relapsed/refractory Hodgkin lymphoma progressing after autologous stem cell transplant in the current era of novel therapeutics: A retrospective analysis. Am J Hematol. 2017;92:879-884 pubmed publisher..5 months; P?=?.025). The current study demonstrates markedly improved OS in RR-HL patients treated with novel therapeutics and lends "real world" credence to the role of these agents in improving outcomes in the current era. ..
- Wang W, Ma X, Huang S, Ren L, Liu Y. A comparative study of effect of autograft compared with allograft anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction on expressions of LOXs and MMPs. Biosci Rep. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Autograft and allograft ACL reconstruction can promote LOXs and MMPs expressions by activating the APC/Wnt signalling pathway. ..