Genomes and Genes
Summary: Organs, tissues, or cells taken from the body for grafting into another area of the same body or into another individual.
- Mroz T, Joyce M, Steinmetz M, Lieberman I, Wang J. Musculoskeletal allograft risks and recalls in the United States. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2008;16:559-65 pubmed..Infectious disease transmission following allograft implantation may occur if potential donors are not adequately evaluated or screened serologically during the prerecovery phase and if the implant is not sterilized before implantation. ..
- Halberstadt C, Emerich D, Gores P. Use of Sertoli cell transplants to provide local immunoprotection for tissue grafts. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2004;4:813-25 pubmed
- Tran Son Tay R, Hwang M, Garbey M, Jiang Z, Ozaki C, Berceli S. An experiment-based model of vein graft remodeling induced by shear stress. Ann Biomed Eng. 2008;36:1083-91 pubmed publisher..Other mechanical and biological factors can be included following a similar approach in order to obtain a more accurate vein graft remodeling model. ..
- Ashford P, Distler P, Gee A, Lankester A, Larsson S, Feller I, et al. ISBT 128 implementation plan for cellular therapy products. J Clin Apher. 2007;22:258-64 pubmed..This paper provides guidance on the practical aspects of adopting these new standards for organizations with differing current levels of computerization. It discusses project management, equipment, licensing, and validation topics. ..
- Ashford P, Distler P, Gee A, Lankester A, Larsson S, Feller I, et al. ISBT 128 implementation plan for cellular therapy products. Transfusion. 2007;47:1312-8 pubmed
- Guenot M, Lee J, NasiriNezhad F, Sagen J. Deafferentation pain resulting from cervical posterior rhizotomy is alleviated by chromaffin cell transplants into the rat spinal subarachnoid space. Neurosurgery. 2007;60:919-25; discussion 919-25 pubmed..Previous work has demonstrated that adrenal medullary transplants into the lumbar spinal subarachnoid space can alleviate neuropathic pain behavior resulting from peripheral ..
- Tohill M, Mann D, Mantovani C, Wiberg M, Terenghi G. Green fluorescent protein is a stable morphological marker for schwann cell transplants in bioengineered nerve conduits. Tissue Eng. 2004;10:1359-67 pubmed..These findings show that GFP labeling does not have a deleterious effect on SCs and that it is a useful labeling method for the study of bioengineered systems. ..
- Singh N, Dromer F, Perfect J, Lortholary O. Cryptococcosis in solid organ transplant recipients: current state of the science. Clin Infect Dis. 2008;47:1321-7 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the current state of knowledge regarding cryptococcosis in transplant recipients and highlights areas where future investigations are needed to further optimize outcomes for these patients. ..
- Jung E, Prantl L, Schreyer A, Schreyer C, Rennert J, Walter M, et al. New perfusion imaging of tissue transplants with Contrast Harmonic Ultrasound Imaging (CHI) and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) in comparison with laser-induced Indocyanine Green (ICG) fluorescence angiography. Clin Hemorheol Microcirc. 2009;43:19-33 pubmed publisher..05, Wilcoxon test). These first results introduce CHI and MRI perfusion imaging as a promising post-surgery monitoring in patients with free flaps. ..
- Ashford P, Distler P, Gee A, Lankester A, Larsson S, Feller I, et al. Standards for the terminology and labeling of cellular therapy products. J Clin Apher. 2007;22:249-57 pubmed
- Ashford P, Distler P, Gee A, Lankester A, Larsson S, Feller I, et al. Standards for the terminology and labeling of cellular therapy products. Transfusion. 2007;47:1319-27 pubmed
- Khamash H, Wadei H, Mahale A, Larson T, Stegall M, Cosio F, et al. Polyomavirus-associated nephropathy risk in kidney transplants: the influence of recipient age and donor gender. Kidney Int. 2007;71:1302-9 pubmed..We conclude that PVAN preferentially affects older age patients and allografts from female donors but is unrelated to immunological risk, choice of immunosuppression, or rejection history. ..
- Cleemput I, Dobbels F. Measuring patient-reported outcomes in solid organ transplant recipients: an overview of instruments developed to date. Pharmacoeconomics. 2007;25:269-86 pubmed
- Ferrari D, Sanchez Pernaute R, Lee H, Studer L, Isacson O. Transplanted dopamine neurons derived from primate ES cells preferentially innervate DARPP-32 striatal progenitors within the graft. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;24:1885-96 pubmed..Despite the heterogeneity of ES-derived graft cell composition, these results demonstrate normal phenotypic specification, conserved natural axonal target selectivity and functionality of DA neurons derived from primate ES cells. ..
- Winkler C, Georgievska B, Carlsson T, Lacar B, Kirik D. Continuous exposure to glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor to mature dopaminergic transplants impairs the graft's ability to improve spontaneous motor behavior in parkinsonian rats. Neuroscience. 2006;141:521-31 pubmed..Rats with dopamine-denervating lesions received multiple intrastriatal transplants of fetal dopaminergic cells and graft-induced behavioral effects were analyzed in drug-induced and spontaneous ..
- Arsenijević V, Denning D. Estimated Burden of Serious Fungal Diseases in Serbia. J Fungi (Basel). 2018;4: pubmed publisher..cases per year) were: HIV infected 2441; acute myeloid leukemia 212; stem cell transplantation 151; solid organ transplants 59; chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 250,302; adult asthmatics 311,806; adult cystic fibrosis 65; ..
- Lai K, Kweon S, Chi F, Hwang E, Kabe Y, Higashiyama R, et al. Stearoyl-CoA Desaturase Promotes Liver Fibrosis and Tumor Development in Mice via a Wnt Positive-Signaling Loop by Stabilization of Low-Density Lipoprotein-Receptor-Related Proteins 5 and 6. Gastroenterology. 2017;152:1477-1491 pubmed publisher..genetic manipulation in mice with hepatotoxic or cholestatic induction of liver fibrosis, orthotopic transplants of TICs, or liver tumors induced by administration of diethyl nitrosamine...
- King A, Houlihan D, Kavanagh D, Haldar D, Luu N, Owen A, et al. Sphingosine-1-Phosphate Prevents Egress of Hematopoietic Stem Cells From Liver to Reduce Fibrosis. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:233-248.e16 pubmed publisher..Some mice were irradiated and given transplants of bone marrow cells from C57BL6 mice, with orÂ without the S1P antagonist FTY720; we then studied HSC ..
- Medrano J, MartÃnez Arroyo A, Sukhwani M, Noguera I, QuiÃ±onero A, MartÃnez Jabaloyas J, et al. Germ cell transplantation into mouse testes procedure. Fertil Steril. 2014;102:e11-2 pubmed publisher..Also, in contrast to the full recovery of spermatogenesis in mouse-to-mouse transplants, xenotransplantation of germ cells from phylogenetically distant species, such as humans into mouse recipients, ..
- Macedo ViÃ±as M, Denning D. Estimating the Burden of Serious Fungal Infections in Uruguay. J Fungi (Basel). 2018;4: pubmed publisher..year): HIV infected 12,000; acute myeloid leukemia 126; hematopoietic stem cell transplantation 30; solid organ transplants 134; COPD 272,006; asthma in adults 223,431; cystic fibrosis in adults 48; tuberculosis 613; lung cancer 1400...
- Gu C, Liu F, Luo X, Zhou X, Yang J, Levin L. Triptolide Reduces the Required Dose of Tacrolimus by Attenuating Inflammation, Enhancing Immunosuppression, and Increasing Donor Chimerism in a Heterotopic Hindlimb Transplantation Model. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2016;138:1243-1253 pubmed..Mean survival time of the transplants was monitored, and histopathologic examination of the skin was performed...
- Kalil R, Carpenter M, Ivanova A, Gravens Mueller L, John A, Weir M, et al. Impact of Hyperuricemia on Long-term Outcomes of Kidney Transplantation: Analysis of the FAVORIT Study. Am J Kidney Dis. 2017;70:762-769 pubmed publisher..Adult recipients of kidney transplants in the United States, Canada, or Brazil participating in the FAVORIT Study, with hyperhomocysteinemia, stable ..
- Sotiropoulos G, Tsaparas P, Kykalos S, Machairas N, Molmenti E, Paul A. From Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy to Liver Transplantation: When the Gallbladder Becomes the Pandora s Box. Chirurgia (Bucur). 2016;111:450-454 pubmed publisher..The fifth patient died after 2 subsequent transplants for hepatic artery thrombosis unrelated to the initial injury sustained during cholecystectomy (5)...
- Thomas J, Beevers D, Dowson D, Jones M, King P, Theobald P. The bio-tribological characteristics of synthetic tissue grafts. Proc Inst Mech Eng H. 2011;225:141-8 pubmed..Such a development would optimize the bio-tribological properties of the synthetic tissue and thereby maximize longevity. ..
- Pu L. A more scientific approach to structural fat grafting. Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2012;44:678-82 pubmed..These basics include the proper selection of donor sites, to harvest fat grafts with an atraumatic technique, to process fat grafts with centrifugation in an appropriate setting, and to place fat grafts with a unique fashion. ..
- Barraclough K, Lee K, Staatz C. Pharmacogenetic influences on mycophenolate therapy. Pharmacogenomics. 2010;11:369-90 pubmed publisher..This article provides an extensive overview of the known effects of these SNPs on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of MPA. ..
- Boaretti M, Sorrentino A, Zantedeschi C, Forni A, Boschiero L, Fontana R. Quantification of cytomegalovirus DNA by a fully automated real-time PCR for early diagnosis and monitoring of active viral infection in solid organ transplant recipients. J Clin Virol. 2013;56:124-8 pubmed publisher..Further studies are required to validate the threshold level for the initiation of preemptive therapy. ..
- Chen H, Chen H, Yuan R, Wu S, Chen Y, Chien C, et al. Hepatocyte transplantation in bile salt export pump-deficient mice: selective growth advantage of donor hepatocytes under bile acid stress. J Cell Mol Med. 2012;16:2679-89 pubmed publisher..This strategy changed the balance of the donor-recipient growth capacities and was critical for successful donor repopulation. ..
- Leppävuori A, Eskola A, Ammälä A. [Psychiatric evaluation of the operability of an organ transplant patient]. Duodecim. 2011;127:1669-76 pubmed..Even profound psychiatric disturbances or psychosocial problems nowadays seldom impede the enrollment of the patient to the waiting list. Psychiatric examination of the living organ donor is also always advisable before the operation. ..
- Olsburgh J, Zakri R, Horsfield C, Collins R, Fairweather J, O DONNELL P, et al. TCC in Transplant Ureter--When and When Not to Preserve the Transplant Kidney. Am J Transplant. 2016;16:704-11 pubmed publisher..Our cases and a systematic literature review illustrate the surgical, nephrological, and oncological challenges of this uncommon but important condition. ..
- Wurm A, Steiger R, Ammann C, Putzer D, Liebensteiner M, Nogler M, et al. Changes in the Chemical Quality of Bone Grafts During Clinical Preparation Detected by Raman Spectroscopy. Biopreserv Biobank. 2016;14:319-23 pubmed publisher..It is also important to highlight that this is a preliminary study, which shows the importance of detecting changes in the chemical quality of bone grafts before transfer to the patient. ..
- Inoue H, Sakaue T, Ozawa T, Higashiyama S. Spatiotemporal visualization of proHB-EGF ectodomain shedding in living cells. J Biochem. 2013;154:67-76 pubmed publisher..Fluhemb might be very useful for detecting the activity of proHB-EGF shedding in various types of cells under different conditions in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Glennie N, Volk S, Scott P. Skin-resident CD4+ T cells protect against Leishmania major by recruiting and activating inflammatory monocytes. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006349 pubmed publisher..Overall, these data highlight a novel role for tissue-resident memory cells in recruiting and activating inflammatory monocytes, and underscore the central role that skin-resident T cells play in immunity to cutaneous leishmaniasis. ..
- Shoham S. Emerging fungal infections in solid organ transplant recipients. Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2013;27:305-16 pubmed publisher..This article reviews the epidemiology, microbiology, and clinical impact of emerging fungal infections in solid organ transplant recipients, and provides up-to-date recommendations on their treatment. ..
- Hollmen M, Kyllönen L, Inkinen K, Lalla M, Salmela K. Urine neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin is a marker of graft recovery after kidney transplantation. Kidney Int. 2011;79:89-98 pubmed publisher..NGAL did not correlate with long-term function in DGF. Hence, day 1 urinary NGAL predicted DGF even when it was not clinically expected early on, and importantly, it predicted prolonged DGF that led to worse graft survival. ..
- Kuo H, Morrell C, Baldwin W. Alloantibody induced platelet responses in transplants: potent mediators in small packages. Hum Immunol. 2012;73:1233-8 pubmed publisher..Heteromers containing platelet factor 4 (PF4; CXCL4) are specific to platelets and provide insights to unique platelet functions and opportunities for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Zheng C, Ji D, Liu W, Qiu J, Wu J, Chen S, et al. [Eco-physiological responses of high-latitude transplanted Aegiceras corniculatum seedlings to NaCl stress]. Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao. 2011;22:2279-84 pubmed..corniculatum vegetative organs was maladjusted, which inhibited the normal growth of the seedlings, resulting in a significant decrease in the plant height and fresh and dry mass...
- Subbotin D, Larionov P, Sergeevichev D, Subbotina O, Zaitsev G, Novruzov R, et al. Morphological evaluation of cytoarchitectonics of aortic graft at the biotechnological stage with analysis of changes in laser-induced fluorescence spectra. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2009;148:684-8 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the use of fluorescence induced by excimer lasers is promising for identification of the composition of biological tissues, analysis of their state, and the presence of changes. ..
- Abedi Kiasari B, Vallely P, Corless C, Curry A, Cotterill H, Murray J, et al. Evidence of simian virus 40 infection in multiple organ transplant recipients with renal dysfunction. Scand J Infect Dis. 2011;43:736-41 pubmed publisher..Dual BK virus and SV40 infection was found in a heart and renal transplantation patient. SV40 infection can occur in immunocompromised patients. ..
- Finke J. [Chronic graft versus host disease (GvHD): causes, manifestation, diagnosis and treatment option]. Dtsch Med Wochenschr. 2012;137:2166-70 pubmed publisher..There is no established standard for 2nd line therapy. Avoidance of longer exposure to steroids and of opportunistic infections are imminently important. ..
- Florescu D, Islam K, Grant W, Mercer D, Langnas A, Botha J, et al. Incidence and outcome of fungal infections in pediatric small bowel transplant recipients. Transpl Infect Dis. 2010;12:497-504 pubmed publisher..12, 95% CI 0.45, 2.8). Fungal infections occurred in 25% of SBT recipients and C. albicans was the most common species. Intra-abdominal fungal infections occurred earlier (<1 month) than fungemia (>6 months) post transplantation. ..
- Kennedy J, Smyth N, Fansa A, Murawski C. Anatomic lateral ligament reconstruction in the ankle: a hybrid technique in the athletic population. Am J Sports Med. 2012;40:2309-17 pubmed..This hybrid anatomic lateral ligament reconstruction technique using a peroneus longus autograft to substitute the native ATFL provides an alternative to anatomic reconstruction when direct repair is not possible. ..
- Manuel O, Husain S, Kumar D, Zayas C, Mawhorter S, Levi M, et al. Assessment of cytomegalovirus-specific cell-mediated immunity for the prediction of cytomegalovirus disease in high-risk solid-organ transplant recipients: a multicenter cohort study. Clin Infect Dis. 2013;56:817-24 pubmed publisher..74-.98) and 0.27 (95% CI, .18-.37), respectively. This assay may be useful to predict if patients are at low, intermediate, or high risk for the development of subsequent CMV disease after prophylaxis. NCT00817908. ..
- Bumbacea D, Arend S, Eyuboglu F, Fishman J, Goletti D, Ison M, et al. The risk of tuberculosis in transplant candidates and recipients: a TBNET consensus statement. Eur Respir J. 2012;40:990-1013 pubmed
- Sampogna F, Bavinck J, Pawlita M, Abeni D, Harwood C, Proby C, et al. Factors associated with the seroprevalence of 26 cutaneous and two genital human papillomavirus types in organ transplant patients. J Gen Virol. 2012;93:165-74 pubmed publisher..Patients with solid-organ transplants were recruited from the outpatient nephrology and dermatology clinics in five European countries...
- Khavandi A, Bentham J, Marlais M, Martin R, Morgan G, Parry A, et al. Transcatheter and endovascular stent graft management of coarctation-related pseudoaneurysms. Heart. 2013;99:1275-81 pubmed publisher..Complication rates appear to be low and recovery is quick. Longer-term data remain essential to scrutinise stent graft performance in this situation. ..
- Lim C, Brzeski M, Yapanis M. A challenging case of bilateral iliopsoas abscess. Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2011;12:69-72 pubmed publisher..Drainage of the abscess, percutaneously or surgically, and excision of graft with or without revascularization must be considered carefully based on the individual case. ..
- Lukacs L, Gera I. [The management of a single Miller-I type gingival recession at the maxillar incisor with single tunnel technique combined with enamel matrix derivative and connective tissue graft. A case report]. Fogorv Sz. 2011;104:19-26 pubmed..The combined technique used resulted in approximately 100% root coverage in the treated site after 6 months. Treatment outcomes met the patient's aesthetic demands and also eliminated her root sensitivity. ..
- Len O, Rodríguez Pardo D, Gavalda J, Aguado J, Blanes M, Borrell N, et al. Outcome of Clostridium difficile-associated disease in solid organ transplant recipients: a prospective and multicentre cohort study. Transpl Int. 2012;25:1275-81 pubmed publisher..95; 95%CI 1.1-7.9; P?=?0.031). There were no deaths related to CDAD. In summary, the incidence of CDAD in SOT was low, most cases were diagnosed soon after transplantation and the prognosis was good. ..
- Miller R, Burdette S, Levi M, Beekmann S, Polgreen P, Kuehnert M. Communication gaps for solid organ transplant-transmitted infections among infectious disease physicians: an Emerging Infections Network survey. Transpl Infect Dis. 2013;15:8-13 pubmed publisher..Improved ID physician access to donor information and educational resources will allow more optimal management of potential TTIs. ..
- Ishigami M, Kamei H, Nakamura T, Katano Y, Ando H, Kiuchi T, et al. Different effect of HBV vaccine after liver transplantation between chronic HBV carriers and non-HBV patients who received HBcAb-positive grafts. J Gastroenterol. 2011;46:367-77 pubmed publisher..In contrast in chronic HBV patients, response rate was quite poor, so some modifications such as combination with adjuvant or modification of administration schedules should be considered. ..
- Gjorevski N, Ordóñez Morán P. Intestinal Stem Cell Niche Insights Gathered from Both In Vivo and Novel In Vitro Models. Stem Cells Int. 2017;2017:8387297 pubmed publisher..intestinal stem cell niche gathered from both in vivo and novel in vitro models may help us improve therapies for tumorigenesis and intestinal damage and make autologous intestinal transplants a feasible clinical practice.
- Brizendine K, Baddley J, Pappas P. Predictors of mortality and differences in clinical features among patients with Cryptococcosis according to immune status. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60431 pubmed publisher..Data describing the clinical features and predictors of mortality in a modern cohort are needed...
- Fink H, Faxälv L, Molnár G, Drotz K, Risberg B, Lindahl T, et al. Real-time measurements of coagulation on bacterial cellulose and conventional vascular graft materials. Acta Biomater. 2010;6:1125-30 pubmed publisher..Real-time measurement of coagulation seems to have the potential for becoming a powerful tool for evaluation of biomaterials for blood-contacting devices. ..
- Loeffler B, Scannell B, Peindl R, Connor P, Davis D, Hoelscher G, et al. Cell-based tissue engineering augments tendon-to-bone healing in a rat supraspinatus model. J Orthop Res. 2013;31:407-12 pubmed publisher..Data further support the utility of tendon-bone interface cells in rotator cuff healing. ..
- Gosk J, Rutowski R, Wnukiewicz W, Wiacek R, Urban M, Rabczynski J. Comparison of the results of surgical treatment after direct neurorrhaphy and reconstruction with sural nerve grafts in perinatal brachial plexus lesions. Folia Neuropathol. 2010;48:270-5 pubmed..In our opinion the indications for these two methods are different and both operative techniques are useful in surgical treatment of perinatal brachial plexus palsy. ..
- Florence L, Feng S, Foster C, Fryer J, Olthoff K, Pomfret E, et al. Academic careers and lifestyle characteristics of 171 transplant surgeons in the ASTS. Am J Transplant. 2011;11:261-71 pubmed publisher..The anticipated retirement age for men was 64.6 ± 8.6 and for women was 62.2 ± 4.2 years. This is the largest study to date assessing professional and lifestyle characteristics of abdominal transplant surgeons. ..