Genomes and Genes
Summary: The span of viability of a tissue or an organ.
- Courbiere B, Odagescu V, Baudot A, Massardier J, Mazoyer C, Salle B, et al. Cryopreservation of the ovary by vitrification as an alternative to slow-cooling protocols. Fertil Steril. 2006;86:1243-51 pubmed..Physical studies seem indispensable for progress with this technique. Thus, our ovarian perfusion procedure needs improving to enhance ovarian cortex impregnation and bring down the V(ccr) rate in both tissue and VS4 solution. ..
- Wilson C, Gok M, Shenton B, Balupuri S, Gupta A, Asher J, et al. Weight increase during machine perfusion may be an indicator of organ and in particular, vascular damage. Ann Transplant. 2004;9:31-2 pubmed..Complex interactions between the period of warm ischaemia, in situ flushing, perfusion pressures and perfusate probably lead to the phenomenon of excessive graft weight gain. ..
- Hreinsson J, Zhang P, Swahn M, Hultenby K, Hovatta O. Cryopreservation of follicles in human ovarian cortical tissue. Comparison of serum and human serum albumin in the cryoprotectant solutions. Hum Reprod. 2003;18:2420-8 pubmed..A cryoprotectant solution containing HSA was equally effective as one containing serum. Good viability of follicles was confirmed when using propanediol and sucrose as cryoprotectants, with a large number of follicles. ..
- Shoshani O, Livne E, Armoni M, Shupak A, Berger J, Ramon Y, et al. The effect of interleukin-8 on the viability of injected adipose tissue in nude mice. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2005;115:853-9 pubmed..Further studies of various dosages of interleukin-8 and their long-term effect are required before these encouraging results could be applied clinically. ..
- Lyseggen E, Skulstad H, Helle Valle T, Vartdal T, Urheim S, Rabben S, et al. Myocardial strain analysis in acute coronary occlusion: a tool to assess myocardial viability and reperfusion. Circulation. 2005;112:3901-10 pubmed..03+/-0.01%/mm Hg, P<0.05). Myocardial L-S ratio and compliance by SDE identified active contraction and necrosis, respectively. These indices should be tested clinically for assessment of myocardial viability and reperfusion. ..
- Fahy G, Wowk B, Wu J, Phan J, Rasch C, Chang A, et al. Cryopreservation of organs by vitrification: perspectives and recent advances. Cryobiology. 2004;48:157-78 pubmed..In conclusion, although the goal of organ vitrification remains elusive, the prospects for success have never been more promising. ..
- Ferrer I, Santpere G, Arzberger T, Bell J, Blanco R, Boluda S, et al. Brain protein preservation largely depends on the postmortem storage temperature: implications for study of proteins in human neurologic diseases and management of brain banks: a BrainNet Europe Study. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2007;66:35-46 pubmed..These results emphasize the necessity of reducing the body temperature after death to minimize protein degradation. ..
- Carlson M, Longaker M, Thompson J. Wound splinting regulates granulation tissue survival. J Surg Res. 2003;110:304-9 pubmed..The purpose of this study was to determine whether granulation tissue survival in vivo also is dependent on matrix anchorage. We hypothesized that splinting an excisional wound (i.e...
- Martinez Madrid B, Dolmans M, Van Langendonckt A, Defrere S, Donnez J. Freeze-thawing intact human ovary with its vascular pedicle with a passive cooling device. Fertil Steril. 2004;82:1390-4 pubmed
- Previtali M, Fetiveau R, Lanzarini L, Cavalotti C, Klersy C. Prognostic value of myocardial viability and ischemia detected by dobutamine stress echocardiography early after acute myocardial infarction treated with thrombolysis. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1998;32:380-6 pubmed
- Schaefer P, Ozsunar Y, He J, Hamberg L, Hunter G, Sorensen A, et al. Assessing tissue viability with MR diffusion and perfusion imaging. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2003;24:436-43 pubmed..ADC, DW intensity, FA, and rCBV ratios may provide adjunctive information. ..
- Desmond P, Lovell A, Rawlinson A, Parsons M, Barber P, Yang Q, et al. The value of apparent diffusion coefficient maps in early cerebral ischemia. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2001;22:1260-7 pubmed..In regions that showed transition to infarction, the mean ADC ratios were typically 0.75 to 0.90. Intermediate ADC values are present in the ischemic penumbra and are indicative of tissue at risk of infarction. ..
- Bigi R, Desideri A, Bax J, Galati A, Coletta C, Fiorentini C, et al. Prognostic interaction between viability and residual myocardial ischemia by dobutamine stress echocardiography in patients with acute myocardial infarction and mildly impaired left ventricular function. Am J Cardiol. 2001;87:283-8 pubmed..8 to 11]) compared with patients with ischemia only. Thus, viability and ischemia show a significant adverse prognostic interaction in patients with AMI and preserved LV function. ..
- Tsai A, Cabrales P, Intaglietta M. Blood viscosity: a factor in tissue survival?. Crit Care Med. 2005;33:1662-3 pubmed
- Isenberg J, Romeo M, Maxhimer J, Smedley J, Frazier W, Roberts D. Gene silencing of CD47 and antibody ligation of thrombospondin-1 enhance ischemic tissue survival in a porcine model: implications for human disease. Ann Surg. 2008;247:860-8 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we tested the hypothesis that blocking TSP1-CD47 signaling increases ischemic tissue survival in random cutaneous porcine flaps...
- Knaapen P, Boellaard R, Götte M, van der Weerdt A, Visser C, Lammertsma A, et al. The perfusable tissue index: a marker of myocardial viability. J Nucl Cardiol. 2003;10:684-91 pubmed
- Otala M, Mäkinen S, Tuuri T, Sjöberg J, Pentikäinen V, Matikainen T, et al. Effects of testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, and 17beta-estradiol on human ovarian tissue survival in culture. Fertil Steril. 2004;82 Suppl 3:1077-85 pubmedTo investigate the effects of T, dihydrotestosterone (DHT), and 17beta-estradiol on human ovarian stromal tissue survival in culture and to identify steroids capable of inhibiting cell death in vitro. Prospective study...
- Toma I, Kim P, Dash R, McConnell M, Nishimura D, HARNISH P, et al. Telmisartan in the diabetic murine model of acute myocardial infarction: dual contrast manganese-enhanced and delayed enhancement MRI evaluation of the peri-infarct region. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2016;15:24 pubmed publisher..Dual-contrast MEMRI-DEMRI technique tracked the therapeutic effects of telmisartan on the injured myocardium longitudinally. ..
- Kobylecka M, Maczewska J, Fronczewska Wieniawska K, Mazurek T, Płazińska M, Krolicki L. Myocardial viability assessment in 18FDG PET/CT study (18FDG PET myocardial viability assessment). Nucl Med Rev Cent East Eur. 2012;15:52-60 pubmed publisher..This combination allows for wider morphologic assessments: coronary calcium scoring and non-invasive coronary angiography may be added to myocardial perfusion/metabolic imaging if necessary. ..
- Troitzsch D, Moosdorf R, Vogt S. Importance of real-time tissue oximetry: relationship to muscle oxygenation and tissue viability. J Surg Res. 2011;169:156-61 pubmed publisher..97; P < 0.01) were found. Tissue oxygen tension measured with microprobes correlated closely with tissue oxygenation, cellular oxygen utilization, and the extent of ischemia reperfusion injury. ..
- Sekine H, Shimizu T, Sakaguchi K, Dobashi I, Wada M, Yamato M, et al. In vitro fabrication of functional three-dimensional tissues with perfusable blood vessels. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1399 pubmed publisher..The vascularized cardiac tissues beat and can be transplanted with blood vessel anastomoses. This technique may create new opportunities for in vitro tissue engineering and has potential therapeutic applications...
- Aranguren X, Pelacho B, Penuelas I, Abizanda G, Uriz M, Ecay M, et al. MAPC transplantation confers a more durable benefit than AC133+ cell transplantation in severe hind limb ischemia. Cell Transplant. 2011;20:259-69 pubmed publisher..This, in turn, conferred tissue protection and regeneration with longer term functional improvement...
- Chang H, Tran T, Billman G, Julian M, Hamlin R, Simonetti O, et al. At-risk but viable myocardium in a large animal model of non ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndrome: cardiovascular magnetic resonance with ex vivo validation. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2013;15:94 pubmed publisher..We hypothesized that a novel model of NSTE-ACS produces acute myocardial injury, measured by increased T2 cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR), without significant necrosis by late gadolinium enhancement (LGE)...
- Summers D, Johnson R, Hudson A, Collett D, Watson C, Bradley J. Effect of donor age and cold storage time on outcome in recipients of kidneys donated after circulatory death in the UK: a cohort study. Lancet. 2013;381:727-34 pubmed publisher..UK National Health Service Blood and Transplant; Cambridge National Institute for Health Research Biomedical Research Centre. ..
- Noda K, Shigemura N, Tanaka Y, Kawamura T, Hyun Lim S, Kokubo K, et al. A novel method of preserving cardiac grafts using a hydrogen-rich water bath. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2013;32:241-50 pubmed publisher..This new device to saturate organs with hydrogen during cold storage merits further investigation for possible therapeutic and preventative use during transplantation. ..
- Spiegelberg L, Braks J, Groeneveldt L, Djasim U, van der Wal K, Wolvius E. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy as a prevention modality for radiation damage in the mandibles of mice. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2015;43:214-9 pubmed publisher..HBOT could therefore potentially play a role in the prevention of radiation-induced damage to human mandibular bone. ..
- Hoffmann R, Stempel K, Kuhl H, Balzer J, Krämer N, Krombach G, et al. Integrated analysis of cardiac tissue structure and function for improved identification of reversible myocardial dysfunction. Coron Artery Dis. 2009;20:21-6 pubmed publisher..065, P<0.001). Integration of advanced information on myocardial function using deformation imaging and findings on myocardial tissue structure increases the accuracy to identify reversible myocardial dysfunction. ..
- BÃ¤ckstrÃ¶m E, Lundqvist A, Boger E, Svanberg P, Ewing P, Hammarlund Udenaes M, et al. Development of a Novel Lung Slice Methodology for Profiling of Inhaled Compounds. J Pharm Sci. 2016;105:838-845 pubmed publisher..The results show that different factors are important for tissue uptake and the presented method can be used for profiling of inhaled compounds, leading to a greater understanding of distribution and exposure of drug in the lung. ..
- Losken A, Styblo T, Schaefer T, Carlson G. The use of fluorescein dye as a predictor of mastectomy skin flap viability following autologous tissue reconstruction. Ann Plast Surg. 2008;61:24-9 pubmed publisher..Areas of nonfluorescence <4 cm2 typically survive, except in the irradiated breast. Any area of nonfluorescence >4 cm2 typically does not survive, except when located more proximally on the flap. ..
- Emami H, Talab S, Nezami B, Elmi A, Assa S, Ostovaneh M, et al. Na(+)-H+ exchange inhibition attenuates ischemic injury in rat random pattern skin flap: the role of mitochondrial ATP-sensitive potassium channels. Eur J Pharmacol. 2013;698:330-4 pubmed publisher..Administration of diazoxide potentiates this effect, while glibenclamide abolishes that, implicating that the protective effect of EIPA is mediated through mitochondrial-K(ATP) channels. ..
- Bunegin L, Tolstykh G, Gelineau J, Cosimi A, Anderson L. Oxygen consumption during oxygenated hypothermic perfusion as a measure of donor organ viability. ASAIO J. 2013;59:427-32 pubmed publisher..258; p = 0.199). Glomerular filtration rate in SCS kidneys was 0.002 ± 0.003 ml/min/g. We demonstrate that measurement of organ OC during oxygenated HMP may have significant value in predicting postpreservation organ function. ..
- Schiebold S, Hensen I, Wesche K, Roser M. Extensive clonality of the endemic Calamagrostis pseudopurpurea Gerstl. ex O.R. Heine in central Germany revealed by RAPD markers. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2009;11:473-82 pubmed publisher..phragmitoides have not been proven to be direct parental taxa of C. pseudopurpurea. Calamagrostis pseudopurpurea should therefore still be treated as a separate species that needs special attention from a conservation point of view. ..
- Park S, Hong S, Park J, Lim S, Ahn C, Lim D, et al. Relationship between strain rate imaging and coronary flow reserve in assessing myocardial viability after acute myocardial infarction. Echocardiography. 2010;27:977-84 pubmed publisher..The degree of myocardial deformation determined by SR imaging was related to the degree of microvascular integrity determined by CFR, and can be used as a noninvasive method to predict myocardial viability after acute MI. ..
- Psaltis P, Worthley S. Endoventricular electromechanical mapping-the diagnostic and therapeutic utility of the NOGA XP Cardiac Navigation System. J Cardiovasc Transl Res. 2009;2:48-62 pubmed publisher..g., cells, genes) to the heart. In this review, we discuss the fundamental aspects of this electromechanical mapping system and the evidence for both its diagnostic and therapeutic utility. ..
- Chmelnik M, Schenk J, Hinz U, Holland Cunz S, Günther P. Testicular torsion: sonomorphological appearance as a predictor for testicular viability and outcome in neonates and children. Pediatr Surg Int. 2010;26:281-6 pubmed publisher..Only for this type is there hope for salvage. In addition to the intraoperative appearance, a testis that is preoperatively heterogeneous in appearance can support the decision for orchiectomy. ..
- Bataveljic D, Djogo N, Zupunski L, Bajić A, Nicaise C, Pochet R, et al. Live monitoring of brain damage in the rat model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Gen Physiol Biophys. 2009;28 Spec No:212-8 pubmed..Confocal imaging revealed reactive astroglia in these areas. Thus, with the use of wide bore MRI new sites of neurodegeneration and inflammation were revealed in the hSOD-1(G93A) rat model. ..
- Congdon E, Figueroa Y, Wang L, Toneva G, Chang E, Kuret J, et al. Inhibition of tau polymerization with a cyanine dye in two distinct model systems. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:20830-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, a cyanine dye can dissociate aggregated Tau in an ex vivo model of tauopathy with little toxicity and exploration of the use of these type of dyes as therapeutic agents is warranted. ..
- Pazoki Toroudi H, Ajami M, Habibey R, Hajiaboli E, Firooz A. The effect of enalapril on skin flap viability is independent of angiotensin II AT1 receptors. Ann Plast Surg. 2009;62:699-702 pubmed publisher..Enalapril improved survival area in a dose-dependent manner, but losartan failed to improve survival area, which suggested that the effect of enalapril was not mediated through AT1 receptors. ..
- Arai A. The cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) approach to assessing myocardial viability. J Nucl Cardiol. 2011;18:1095-102 pubmed publisher..Thus, CMR is a well validated technique that can assess viability by gadolinium-free dobutamine stress testing or late gadolinium enhancement. ..
- Kaminek M, Hutyra M. [Myocardial viability findings interpretation using SPECT and PET imaging]. Vnitr Lek. 2008;54:971-8 pubmed..A brief review is given about the interpretation principle in the viable myocardium diagnosis and current progress in perfusion and metabolism defect severity quantification in patients with the left ventricular dysfunction. ..
- Pratschke S, Loehe F, Graeb C, Jauch K, Angele M. [Usage of marginal organs for liver transplantation: a way around the critical organ shortage?]. Zentralbl Chir. 2009;134:107-12 pubmed publisher..The refusal of marginal organs on the basis of individual EDC without consideration of the status of recipient does not seem to be adequate. ..
- Fallavollita J, Dare J, Carter R, Baldwa S, Canty J. Denervated Myocardium Is Preferentially Associated With Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Ischemic Cardiomyopathy: A Pilot Competing Risks Analysis of Cause-Specific Mortality. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..If prospectively validated, these multivariable associations may help target specific therapies to those at the greatest risk of sudden and nonsudden cardiac death. URL: https://clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT01400334. ..
- Kawiorski M, Vicente A, Lourido D, Muriel A, FandiÃ±o E, MÃ©ndez J, et al. Good Clinical and Radiological Correlation from Standard Perfusion Computed Tomography Accurately Identifies Salvageable Tissue in Ischemic Stroke. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2016;25:1062-1069 pubmed publisher..15, 95% CI: 1.04-1.28, Pâ€‰=â€‰.005). PCT provides accurate markers of viability of tissue in acute ischemic stroke and could help predict the degree of improvement following reperfusion. ..
- Png G, Choi J, Ng B, Mickan S, Abbott D, Zhang X. The impact of hydration changes in fresh bio-tissue on THz spectroscopic measurements. Phys Med Biol. 2008;53:3501-17 pubmed publisher..Finally, we compare THz measurements from fresh tissue against necrotic tissue to verify freshness over time. Indeed, THz measurements from fresh and necrotic tissues show marked differences. ..
- Dittrich R, Beckmann M, Mueller A, Binder H, Hoffmann I, Maltaris T. Uterus cryopreservation: maintenance of uterine contractility by the use of different cryoprotocols. Reprod Domest Anim. 2010;45:86-91 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates clearly that the perfusion of the organ with cryoprotectants is the only factor which allows the uterus to contract. ..
- Cupps B, Bree D, Wollmuth J, Howells A, Voeller R, Rogers J, et al. Myocardial viability mapping by magnetic resonance-based multiparametric systolic strain analysis. Ann Thorac Surg. 2008;86:1546-53 pubmed publisher..The clinical application of magnetic resonance-based multiparametric strain analysis allowed accurate regional characterization and visualization of LV myocardial viability. ..
- Livaoglu M, Kerimoglu S, Karahan S, Mentese A, Sozen E, Karacal N, et al. Ischemia-modified albumin and flap viability. Eur Surg Res. 2009;42:87-90 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, serum IMA levels do not predict rat skin flap viability. ..
- Seehofer D, Schöning W, Neuhaus P. [Deceased donor liver transplantation]. Chirurg. 2013;84:391-7 pubmed publisher..In addition to the medical urgency the maximum benefit should also be considered for organ allocation. ..