Summary: A broad range of biologically active compounds which occur naturally in plants having important medicinal and nutritional properties.
- Liu Y, Chen W, Kung W, Huang H. Plant miRNAs found in human circulating system provide evidences of cross kingdom RNAi. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:112 pubmed publisher..Through analysis of public available plasma small RNA sequencing data, we found the supporting evidence for the plant miRNAs cross kingdom RNAi within human circulating system. ..
- Chichoyan N. [RATIONAL USE APRICOT GUM (GUMMI ARMENIACAE) IN REPUBLIC OF ARMENIA]. Georgian Med News. 2017;:109-114 pubmed..On the base of the investigation results got a concept of rational use of the apricot gums was developed, which assumes the local sources enlargement, as well as its wide application in medicine and in different aspects of industry. ..
- Dray S, Choler P, Doledec S, Peres Neto P, Thuiller W, Pavoine S, et al. Combining the fourth-corner and the RLQ methods for assessing trait responses to environmental variation. Ecology. 2014;95:14-21 pubmed..After a short description of each method, we apply them to real ecological data to present their different outputs and provide hints about the gain resulting from their combined use. ..
- Torres Contreras A, Nair V, Cisneros Zevallos L, Jacobo Velázquez D. Stability of Bioactive Compounds in Broccoli as Affected by Cutting Styles and Storage Time. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..Results presented herein would allow broccoli producers to select proper cutting styles that preserve or increase the content of bioactive molecules. ..
- Xin M, Guo S, Zhang W, Geng Z, Liang J, Du S, et al. Chemical Constituents of Supercritical Extracts from Alpinia officinarum and the Feeding Deterrent Activity against Tribolium castaneum. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..99%, 20.34%, and 35.81%, respectively, at the concentration of 1500 ppm. Hence, the essential oil and SFE extracts/compounds of A. officinarum rhizomes represent promising alternatives in the control of T. castaneum adults. ..
- Adedapo A, Falayi O, Oyagbemi A. Evaluation of the analgesic, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, phytochemical and toxicological properties of the methanolic leaf extract of commercially processed Moringa oleifera in some laboratory animals. J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol. 2015;26:491-9 pubmed publisher..The use of this extract for medicinal and nutritional purposes may have thus been justified; however, caution must be exercised in its use to prevent the toxic effect. ..
- Bentrad N, Gaceb Terrak R, Benmalek Y, Rahmania F. STUDIES ON CHEMICAL COMPOSITION AND ANTIMICROBIAL ACTIVITIES OF BIOACTIVE MOLECULES FROM DATE PALM (PHOENIXDACTYLIFERA L.) POLLENS AND SEEDS. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2017;14:242-256 pubmed publisher..mL"1 induce an inhibition to the growth of five special forms of Fusarium oxysporum. The bioactive compounds of date palm can be used for drug development and in the food industry. ..
- Feitosa Alcantara R, Bacci L, Blank A, Alves P, Silva I, Soares C, et al. Essential Oils of Hyptis pectinata Chemotypes: Isolation, Binary Mixtures and Acute Toxicity on Leaf-Cutting Ants. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..In general, the binary mixtures of the major compounds resulted in additive effect of toxicity. The essential oils of H. pectinata is a raw material of great potential for the development of new insecticides. ..
- Reddy B, Rao N, Vijeepallam K, Pandy V. PHYTOCHEMICAL, PHARMACOLOGICAL AND BIOLOGICAL PROFILES OF TRAGIA SPECIES (FAMILY: EUPHORBIACEAE). Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2017;14:105-112 pubmed publisher..This review provides a basis for future investigation of Tragia species and, especially for those species that have not been explored for biological and pharmacological activities. ..
- Zhang X, Wang K, Zhou M. Cytotoxic Triterpenoids from the Stalks of Microtropis triflora. Chem Biodivers. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..81 ?m/ml, respectively. These results might be helpful for explaining the use of M. triflora in traditional medicine. Triterpenes are characteristic of Microtropis genus and could be useful as potential chemotaxonomic markers. ..
- Ngouateu Teufack S, NMbogning Tayo G, Ngangout Alidou M, Yondo J, Djiomene A, Wabo Poné J, et al. Anthelminthic properties of Methylene chloride-methanol (1:1) extracts of two Cameroonians medicinal plants on Heligmosomoides bakeri (Nematoda: Heligmosomatidea). BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:400 pubmed publisher..These effects were due to the presence ao secondary metabolites identifies in the plant extracts. Thus, they may be used as possible «disinfectants» for soil transmitted nematodes. ..
- Lu B, Zhao Y. Photooxidation of phytochemicals in food and control: a review. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2017;1398:72-82 pubmed publisherb>Phytochemicals are widely present in food and have been confirmed to be bioactive, thereby contributing to human health...
- Roma Marzio F, Najar B, Alessandri J, Pistelli L, Peruzzi L. Taxonomy of prickly juniper (Juniperus oxycedrus group): A phytochemical-morphometric combined approach at the contact zone of two cryptospecies. Phytochemistry. 2017;141:48-60 pubmed publisher..Finally, based on these characters, an extensive revision of herbarium specimens allowed us to redefine the distribution pattern of the investigated species in the Central Mediterranean area. ..
- Rashid U, Khan M, Jan S, Bokhari J, Shah N. Assessment of phytochemicals, antimicrobial and cytotoxic activities of extract and fractions from Fagonia olivieri (Zygophyllaceae). BMC Complement Altern Med. 2013;13:167 pubmed publisher..This study evaluated the crude methanol extract of F. olivieri (FOM) and its derived fractions for their antimicrobial and cytotoxic activities as well as the classes of phytochemical...
- Selmani C, Chabane D, Bouguedoura N. ETHNOBOTANICAL SURVEY OF PHOENIX DACTYLIFERA L. POLLEN USED FOR THE TREATMENT OF INFERTILITY PROBLEMS IN ALGERIAN OASES. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2017;14:175-186 pubmed publisher..Date palm pollen could improve sexual activities in male infertility cases and may be attempted to derive drugs. ..
- Beroual K, Agabou A, Abdeldjelil M, Boutaghane N, Haouam S, Hamdi Pacha Y. EVALUATION OF CRUDE FLAXSEED (Linum usitatissimum L) OIL IN BURN WOUND HEALING IN NEW ZEALAND RABBITS. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2017;14:280-286 pubmed publisher..Additionally, no adverse effects of LSO on cicatrization process were recorded. These findings prove the safety and efficaciousness of linseed oil topical application in the therapy of burn wounds. ..
- Hamza M, Shaik S, Moodley R. PHYTOCHEMICAL, ELEMENTAL AND BIOTECHNOLOGICAL STUDY OF CRYPTOCARYA LATIFOLIA. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2016;13:74-80 pubmed publisher..The uncontrolled and excessive removal of the bark and roots of this species has led to the death of many of these plants and may eventually result in its depletion in the natural habitat...
- Qureshi M, Mehjabeen -, Noorjahan -, Muhammad S, Siddiqui F, Baig I, et al. Phytochemical and biological assessments on Lipidium meyenii (maca) and Epimidium sagittatum (horny goat weed). Pak J Pharm Sci. 2017;30:29-36 pubmed
- Pathania S, Ramakrishnan S, Bagler G. Phytochemica: a platform to explore phytochemicals of medicinal plants. Database (Oxford). 2015;2015: pubmed publisher..Structured compilation of phytochemicals from traditional medicinal plants can facilitate prospection for novel PDMs and their analogs as therapeutic ..
- Sun G, Zheng Z, Lee M, Xu Y, Kang S, Dong Z, et al. Chemoprevention of Colorectal Cancer by Artocarpin, a Dietary Phytochemical from Artocarpus heterophyllus. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:3474-3480 pubmed publisher..Taken together, artocarpin, a bioactive component of A. heterophyllus, might merit investigation as a potential colorectal cancer chemopreventive agent. ..
- Prateeksha -, Singh B, Shoeb M, Sharma S, Naqvi A, Gupta V, et al. Scaffold of Selenium Nanovectors and Honey Phytochemicals for Inhibition of Pseudomonas aeruginosa Quorum Sensing and Biofilm Formation. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2017;7:93 pubmed publisher..Our preliminary investigations with selenium-based nano-carriers hold significant promise to improve anti-virulence effectiveness of phytochemicals by enhancing effective intracellular delivery.
- Engidawork E. Pharmacological and Toxicological Effects of Catha edulis F. (Khat). Phytother Res. 2017;31:1019-1028 pubmed publisher..Thus, a multidisciplinary research is required to understand the different dimensions and come up with ways that maximize the benefit while minimizing the risk. Copyright © 2017 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Alam F, Saqib Q, Shah A. Airways and vascular smooth muscles relaxant activities of Gaultheria trichophylla. Pak J Pharm Sci. 2017;30:199-203 pubmed..The data indicates that, in addition to others, the extracts of G .trichophylla possess verapamil like Ca++ channel blocking components which explain the possible role of this plant in respiratory and vascular conditions...
- Gupta C, Prakash D. Phytonutrients as therapeutic agents. J Complement Integr Med. 2014;11:151-69 pubmed..This mini-review attempts to summarize the major important types of phytonutrients and their role in promoting human health and as therapeutic agents along with the current market trend and commercialization. ..
- Muema J, Bargul J, Njeru S, Onyango J, Imbahale S. Prospects for malaria control through manipulation of mosquito larval habitats and olfactory-mediated behavioural responses using plant-derived compounds. Parasit Vectors. 2017;10:184 pubmed publisher..Further, an update on the current advancements in technologies to improve longevity and efficiency of these compounds for field applications has been provided. ..
- Yang C, Yin X, Dong X, Zhang X, You L, Wang W, et al. Determination of the phytochemical composition of Jingning fang and the in vivo pharmacokinetics of its metabolites in rat plasma by UPLC-MS/MS. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1067:71-88 pubmed publisher..These findings are useful for predicting the bioactive components of JNF, and will aid in optimizing dose regimens of the drug...
- Ma C, Chen Y, Chen J, Li X, Chen Y. A Review on Annona squamosa L.: Phytochemicals and Biological Activities. Am J Chin Med. 2017;45:933-964 pubmed publisher..On the basis of the multiple researches on A. squamosa, this review strives to integrate available information on its phytochemicals, folklore uses and bioactivities, hoping to promote a better understanding of its medicinal values.
- Csepanyi E, Szabados Furjesi P, Kiss Szikszai A, Frensemeier L, Karst U, Lekli I, et al. Antioxidant Properties and Oxidative Transformation of Different Chromone Derivatives. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..b>Phytochemicals include different chromone derivatives, which possess a wide spectrum of biological activity...
- Correia R, Grace M, Esposito D, Lila M. Wild blueberry polyphenol-protein food ingredients produced by three drying methods: Comparative physico-chemical properties, phytochemical content, and stability during storage. Food Chem. 2017;235:76-85 pubmed publisher..Soy protein isolate more efficiently captured and stabilized wild blueberry pomace phytochemicals than other protein sources...
- Kaur G, Gupta V, Christopher A, Bansal R, Bansal P. Kitchen phytochemicals from Allium cepa - their role in multidrug resistance. Pak J Pharm Sci. 2017;30:789-792 pubmed..From the study, it was concluded that the commonly used Allium cepa possess potent antibacterial property against Bacillus Subtilis and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. ..
- Hendra R, Keller P. Phytochemical Studies on Two Australian Anigozanthos Plant Species. J Nat Prod. 2017;80:2141-2145 pubmed publisher..rufus and are likely responsible for the coloration of the flowers. Compounds 1, 3, and 6 showed weak antimicrobial activities against Acinetobacter baumannii ATCC 19606 at concentrations of 52.4, 94.9, and 53.9 ?M, respectively. ..
- Gong E, Luo S, Li T, Liu C, Zhang G, Chen J, et al. Phytochemical profiles and antioxidant activity of processed brown rice products. Food Chem. 2017;232:67-78 pubmed publisher..Results indicated that whole foods designed for reducing chronic disease risk need to consider the effects of processing on phytochemical profiles and antioxidant activity of whole grains. ..
- Xiao J, Cao Y, Huang Q. Edible Nanoencapsulation Vehicles for Oral Delivery of Phytochemicals: A Perspective Paper. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:6727-6735 pubmed publisherEdible nanoencapsulation vehicles (ENVs) designed for the delivery of phytochemicals have gained increasing research interest...
- Shah N, Khan M, Nigussie D. Phytochemical investigation and nephroprotective potential of Sida cordata in rat. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:388 pubmed publisher..its in vivo antioxidant potency against CCl4 induced nephrotoxicity and investigates the bioactive phytochemicals by HPLC-DAD analysis. Phytochemical analysis was performed by HPLC-DAD methodology...
- Zengin G, Ceylan R, Katanić J, Mollica A, Aktumsek A, Boroja T, et al. Combining in vitro, in vivo and in silico approaches to evaluate nutraceutical potentials and chemical fingerprints of Moltkia aurea and Moltkia coerulea. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;107:540-553 pubmed publisher..MA and MC were found to be rich in phytochemicals with potent antioxidant, antimicrobial, and antigenotoxic activities that can be further studied for the ..
- Vaštakaitė V, Viršilė A, Brazaitytė A, Samuolienė G, Jankauskienė J, Novičkovas A, et al. Pulsed Light-Emitting Diodes for a Higher Phytochemical Level in Microgreens. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:6529-6534 pubmed publisher..The significant differences in the response of phytochemicals between pulsed light at several frequencies and continuous light were determined...
- Maroyi A. KIRKIA ACUMINATA OLIV.: A REVIEW OF ITS ETHNOBOTANY AND PHARMACOLOGY. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2017;14:217-226 pubmed publisher..i>Kirkia acuminata is an important plant species that has potential to contribute to the primary health care and livelihood improvement of local communities in the geographical areas where it is indigenous and found in abundance. ..
- Jiang N. [Study on Chemical Constituents of Lonicera japonica Bud]. Zhong Yao Cai. 2015;38:315-7 pubmed..Compounds 5, 7 and 8 are obtained from this genus for the first time. ..
- Chao J, Dai Y, Verpoorte R, Lam W, Cheng Y, Pao L, et al. Major achievements of evidence-based traditional Chinese medicine in treating major diseases. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;139:94-104 pubmed publisher..The totality-of-the-evidence approach used by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for botanical products provides the directions on how to perform quality control from the field throughout the entire production process. ..
- Mfotie Njoya E, Munvera A, Mkounga P, Nkengfack A, McGaw L. Phytochemical analysis with free radical scavenging, nitric oxide inhibition and antiproliferative activity of Sarcocephalus pobeguinii extracts. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:199 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the positive correlation between free radical scavenging and antiproliferative activity suggests that the radical scavenging capacity of extracts may contribute to a prediction of their anticancer property. ..
- Basholli Salihu M, Schuster R, Hajdari A, Mulla D, Viernstein H, Mustafa B, et al. Phytochemical composition, anti-inflammatory activity and cytotoxic effects of essential oils from three Pinus spp. Pharm Biol. 2017;55:1553-1560 pubmed publisher..01%. The EOs of needles and twigs from P. peuce and P. heldreichii as well as of needles, twigs and cones of P. mugo can be considered as promising agents for anticancer and anti-inflammatory drugs. ..
- Thouri A, Chahdoura H, El Arem A, Omri Hichri A, Ben Hassin R, Achour L. Effect of solvents extraction on phytochemical components and biological activities of Tunisian date seeds (var. Korkobbi and Arechti). BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:248 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this big waste of Tunisian seeds could be used as cheap source of natural antioxidant compounds which are considered as a health challenge for the poor countries. ..
- Noritake S, Liu J, Kanetake S, Levin C, Tam C, Cheng L, et al. Phytochemical-rich foods inhibit the growth of pathogenic trichomonads. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:461 pubmed publisherPlants produce secondary metabolites that often possess widespread bioactivity, and are then known as phytochemicals. We previously determined that several phytochemical-rich food-derived preparations were active against pathogenic ..
- Păltinean R, Mocan A, Vlase L, Gheldiu A, Crisan G, Ielciu I, et al. Evaluation of Polyphenolic Content, Antioxidant and Diuretic Activities of Six Fumaria Species. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..schleicheri increased the urinary excretion of Na⁺ and K⁺. Results from the present study offer a new perspective concerning the chemical composition and bioactivities of traditionally used fumitory species. ..
- Haselgrübler R, Stübl F, Essl K, Iken M, Schröder K, Weghuber J. Gluc-HET, a complementary chick embryo model for the characterization of antidiabetic compounds. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182788 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the use of phytochemicals has attracted increasing attention for the therapy and prevention of T2DM...
- Nađpal J, Lesjak M, Mrkonjić Z, Majkić T, Cetojević Simin D, Mimica Dukić N, et al. Phytochemical composition and in vitro functional properties of three wild rose hips and their traditional preserves. Food Chem. 2018;241:290-300 pubmed publisher..Two R. sempervirens extracts exerted cytotoxic activity against HeLa and HT-29 cell lines, but were inactive towards MRC-5 and MCF7. The results support the potential of these rose hips as food with health-promoting properties. ..
- Turmagambetova A, Alexyuk P, Bogoyavlenskiy A, Zaĭtseva I, Omirtaeva E, Alexyuk M, et al. Adjuvant activity of saponins from Kazakhstani plants on the immune responses to subunit influenza vaccine. Arch Virol. 2017;162:3817-3826 pubmed publisher..Sapanox, Pangisan and Algiox from Kazakhstani plants of the family Caryophyllaceae could be considered an additional source of highly effective adjuvants not only for veterinary vaccines but also for human medicine. ..
- Shakeri A, Sahebkar A. Opinion Paper: Nanotechnology: A Successful Approach to Improve Oral Bioavailability of Phytochemicals. Recent Pat Drug Deliv Formul. 2016;10:4-6 pubmed
- Ursache F, Ghinea I, Turturică M, Aprodu I, Rapeanu G, Stănciuc N. Phytochemicals content and antioxidant properties of sea buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides L.) as affected by heat treatment - Quantitative spectroscopic and kinetic approaches. Food Chem. 2017;233:442-449 pubmed publisherThe effect of thermal processing (50-100°C) on the degradation of the phytochemicals in sea buckthorn extract was investigated using chromatographic, fluorescence and FT-IR spectroscopy techniques and degradation kinetics...
- Hsu H, Chen M, Day C, Lin Y, Li S, Tu C, et al. Thymoquinone suppresses migration of LoVo human colon cancer cells by reducing prostaglandin E2 induced COX-2 activation. World J Gastroenterol. 2017;23:1171-1179 pubmed publisher..TQ inhibits LoVo cancer cell growth and migration, and this result highlights the therapeutic advantage of using TQ in combination therapy against colorectal cancer. ..
- Mirzaei Najafgholi H, Tarighi S, Golmohammadi M, Taheri P. The Effect of Citrus Essential Oils and Their Constituents on Growth of Xanthomonas citri subsp. citri. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..We introduced C. aurantifolia and C. aurantium EOs, and their constituents citral, α-terpineol, citronellal, geraniol, and linalool as possible control agents for CBC. ..
- Pepe G, Pagano F, Adesso S, Sommella E, Ostacolo C, Manfra M, et al. Bioavailable Citrus sinensis Extract: Polyphenolic Composition and Biological Activity. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..The bioavailable fraction showed a higher anti-inflammatory and antioxidant potential compared to the initial extract, thus highlighting its potential nutraceutical value. ..
- Pentzold S, Burse A, Boland W. Contact chemosensation of phytochemicals by insect herbivores. Nat Prod Rep. 2017;34:478-483 pubmed publisherContact chemosensation, or tasting, is a complex process governed by nonvolatile phytochemicals that tell host-seeking insects whether they should accept or reject a plant...
- Castro López C, Ventura Sobrevilla J, González Hernández M, Rojas R, Ascacio Valdés J, Aguilar C, et al. Impact of extraction techniques on antioxidant capacities and phytochemical composition of polyphenol-rich extracts. Food Chem. 2017;237:1139-1148 pubmed publisher..The presence of different phenol molecules demonstrated that the extraction method had influence on phytochemical profile. Finally, due to its high extraction efficiency, MAE was the more effective extraction technique. ..
- Jessica G, Mario G, Alejandro Z, Cesar A, Ivan J, Rubén R, et al. CHEMICAL CHARACTERIZATION OF A HYPOGLYCEMIC EXTRACT FROM CUCURBITA FICIFOLIA BOUCHE THAT INDUCES LIVER GLYCOGEN ACCUMULATION IN DIABETIC MICE. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2017;14:218-230 pubmed publisher..The hypoglycemic effect of this extract may be partially explained by liver glycogen accumulation. The bioactive compound responsible for the hypoglycemic effect of this extract will be elucidated in subsequent studies. ..
- Banjanac T, Dragićević M, Siler B, Gašić U, Bohanec B, Nestorović Živković J, et al. Chemodiversity of two closely related tetraploid Centaurium species and their hexaploid hybrid: Metabolomic search for high-resolution taxonomic classifiers. Phytochemistry. 2017;140:27-44 pubmed publisher..The presented metabolomics approach will certainly, along with morphometrics and molecular genetics studies, have high impact on further elucidation of complex relationships among taxa within the genus Centaurium. ..
- Ninfali P, Antonini E, Frati A, Scarpa E. C-Glycosyl Flavonoids from Beta vulgaris Cicla and Betalains from Beta vulgaris rubra: Antioxidant, Anticancer and Antiinflammatory Activities-A Review. Phytother Res. 2017;31:871-884 pubmed publisherThe green beet (Beta vulgaris var. cicla L.) and red beetroot (B. vulgaris var. rubra L.) contain phytochemicals that have beneficial effects on human health...
- Tafesse T, Hymete A, Mekonnen Y, Tadesse M. Antidiabetic activity and phytochemical screening of extracts of the leaves of Ajuga remota Benth on alloxan-induced diabetic mice. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:243 pubmed publisher..remota extracts in reducing blood glucose levels presumably due to the presence of antioxidant constituents such as flavonoids. The effect of the extract supported the traditional claim of the plant. ..
- Zhang L, Tu Z, Xie X, Wang H, Wang H, Wang Z, et al. Jackfruit (Artocarpus heterophyllus Lam.) peel: A better source of antioxidants and a-glucosidase inhibitors than pulp, flake and seed, and phytochemical profile by HPLC-QTOF-MS/MS. Food Chem. 2017;234:303-313 pubmed publisher..Above results reveal promising potential of jackfruit peel as a new source of natural antioxidants and hypoglycemic agents. ..
- Bhandari J, Muhammad B, Thapa P, Shrestha B. Study of phytochemical, anti-microbial, anti-oxidant, and anti-cancer properties of Allium wallichii. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:102 pubmed publisher..anti-oxidant assay, cytotoxicity assay and the flow-cytometric analysis were done for analyzing different phytochemicals present, anti-microbial activity, anti-oxidant activity and anti-cancer properties of Allium wallichii...
- Zulkipli I, Rajabalaya R, Idris A, Sulaiman N, David S. Clinacanthus nutans: a review on ethnomedicinal uses, chemical constituents and pharmacological properties. Pharm Biol. 2017;55:1093-1113 pubmed publisher..Clinacanthus nutans (Burm.f) Lindau (Acanthaceae) (CN) is endemic in Southeast Asia. CN contains phytochemicals common to medicinal plants, such as flavonoids...
- Ashrafi B, Ramak P, Ezatpour B, Talei G. INVESTIGATION ON CHEMICAL COMPOSITION, ANTIMICROBIAL, ANTIOXIDANT, AND CYTOTOXIC PROPERTIES OF ESSENTIAL OIL FROM DRACOCEPHALUM KOTSCHYI BOISS. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2017;14:209-217 pubmed publisher..According to the data obtained, it can be concluded that D. kotschyi essential oil could be applied as a safe antibacterial and antioxidant agent for food and pharmaceutical purposes. ..
- Liu Y, Lin L, Cheng P, Sun Z, Wu Y, Liu Z. Fingerprint analysis of Gelsemium elegans by HPLC followed by the targeted identification of chemical constituents using HPLC coupled with quadrupole-time-of-flight mass spectrometry. Fitoterapia. 2017;121:94-105 pubmed publisher..The present analytical method combined with the developed Gelsemium database was shown to be a useful tool for investigating the chemical components of Gelsemium products. ..
- Waller S, Madrid I, Hoffmann J, Picoli T, Cleff M, Chaves F, et al. Chemical composition and cytotoxicity of extracts of marjoram and rosemary and their activity against Sporothrix brasiliensis. J Med Microbiol. 2017;66:1076-1083 pubmed publisher..S. schenckiisensu stricto was sensitive to marjoram extracts (MIC/MFC ?5 mg ml-1), with the exception of INF10. These findings support the potential usefulness of the HAE of marjoram in the treatment of sporotrichosis. ..
- Kaur N, Kaur B, Sirhindi G. Phytochemistry and Pharmacology of Phyllanthus niruri L.: A Review. Phytother Res. 2017;31:980-1004 pubmed publisher..niruri. Gaps in previous studies such as taxonomic inconsistency of P. niruri, novel phytochemicals and their therapeutic properties, especially mechanisms of anticancerous activity and market products ..
- Ibrahim M, Rehman K, Hussain I, Farooq T, Ali B, Majeed I, et al. Ethnopharmacological Investigations of Phytochemical Constituents Isolated from the Genus Cuscuta. Crit Rev Eukaryot Gene Expr. 2017;27:113-150 pubmed publisher..We show that further studies are needed to investigate the mechanism of action and safety profile of phytochemical constituents isolated from Cuscuta. ..
- S X, L K, F N. EFFECTS OF DIFFERENT HYDROPONIC SUBSTRATE COMBINATIONS AND WATERING REGIMES ON PHYSIOLOGICAL AND ANTI-FUNGAL PROPERTIES OF SIPHONOCHILUS AETHIOPICUS. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2017;14:89-104 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this paper was to evaluate the effect of substrate combinations and watering regimes on nutrient uptake, anti-F. oxysporum activity and secondary metabolite profile of S. aethiopicus...