Genomes and Genes
Summary: The octapeptide amide of bovine angiotensin II used to increase blood pressure by vasoconstriction.
- van Os S, Klaessens J, Hopman J, Liem D, van de Bor M. Cerebral oxygen supply during hypotension in near-term lambs: a near-infrared spectroscopy study. Brain Dev. 2006;28:115-21 pubmed..MABP was positively linearly related with changes in cHbD. During hemorrhagic hypotension, changes in MABP and cerebral O(2)-supply are reflected by changes in the oxygenation state of cerebral hemoglobin in near-term born lambs. ..
- Suzuki M, Ohwada M, Takahashi K, Takahashi S, Konno R. [Present status and problems in screening for endometrial cancer]. Nihon Rinsho. 2004;62 Suppl 10:429-32 pubmed
- Fatani T, Binjab A, Weiler H, Sharma A, Rodd C. Persistent elevation of fibroblast growth factor 23 concentrations in healthy appropriate-for-gestational-age preterm infants. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2015;28:825-32 pubmed publisher..Tubular resorption of phosphorus was normal (88%±8%). Most infants achieved acceptable 25(OH)D3 concentrations. The biologic significance of the elevated FGF23 is unclear. ..
- Fargali S, Garcia A, Sadahiro M, Jiang C, Janssen W, Lin W, et al. The granin VGF promotes genesis of secretory vesicles, and regulates circulating catecholamine levels and blood pressure. FASEB J. 2014;28:2120-33 pubmed publisher..Our studies establish a role for VGF in adrenal LDCV formation and the regulation of catecholamine levels and blood pressure. ..
- Castro J, Billick S. Psychiatric presentations/manifestations of medical illnesses. Psychiatr Q. 2013;84:351-62 pubmed publisher..It is important for psychiatrists to build on their medical knowledge from medical school and internship and continue to be kept abreast of confounding symptomatology. ..
- Ou H, Wu H, Yang Y, Wu J, Cheng J, Chang C. Elevated retinol binding protein 4 contributes to insulin resistance in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Horm Metab Res. 2011;43:312-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results suggest that RBP4 contributes, at least partly, to the pathogenesis of IR in SHR. Furthermore, the decrease of blood pressure caused by valsartan not only decreased RBP4 levels, but also improved IR in SHR. ..
- Hinson J, Vinson G, Whitehouse B. Effects of dietary sodium restriction on peptide stimulation of aldosterone secretion by the isolated perfused rat adrenal gland in situ: a report of exceptional sensitivity to angiotensin II amide. J Endocrinol. 1988;119:83-8 pubmed
- Gompels C, Savage D. Home blood pressure monitoring in diabetes. Arch Dis Child. 1992;67:636-9 pubmed..Thirty eight children successfully measured their own blood pressure at home and taught other family members to do the same. The results indicate that home blood pressure monitoring is of value in the management of diabetic children. ..
- Henville K, Hinson J, Vinson G, Laird S. Actions of desacetyl-alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone on human adrenocortical cells. J Endocrinol. 1989;121:579-83 pubmed..3 nmol/l) in man, and it is thus possible that this peptide may have a physiological role in the control of adrenocortical function. ..
- Greisen G. To autoregulate or not to autoregulate--that is no longer the question. Semin Pediatr Neurol. 2009;16:207-15 pubmed publisher..Meanwhile, some basic questions regarding autoregulation remain unanswered, and some concepts from the 1970s still direct clinical practice. ..
- Bernier N, Perry S. Cardiovascular effects of angiotensin-II-mediated adrenaline release in rainbow trout Oncorhynchus mykiss. J Exp Biol. 1999;202:55-66 pubmed
- Zhao S, Reynolds M, Lejkowith J, Whelton A, Arellano F. A comparison of renal-related adverse drug reactions between rofecoxib and celecoxib, based on the World Health Organization/Uppsala Monitoring Centre safety database. Clin Ther. 2001;23:1478-91 pubmed..This negative renal impact may have the potential to increase the risk for serious cardiac and/or cerebrovascular events. ..
- Breno M, Porto C, Picarelli Z. Angiotensin receptor in the heart of Bothrops jararaca snake. Eur J Pharmacol. 2001;417:27-35 pubmed..jararaca snake pharmacologically distinct from angiotensin AT1 and AT2 receptors. It seems to belong to a new class of angiotensin receptors, like some other atypical angiotensin AT receptors that have already been described. ..
- Neuerburg Heusler D, Schoop W. [Behavior of post-occlusion systolic blood pressure after long duration blockade. Effect of induced hypertension]. Wien Med Wochenschr. 1993;143:160-4 pubmed..However, such conditions are probably not usual in poorly compensated stage IV following Fontaine, in which a temporary peripheral increase of blood pressure is likely to be reasonable for therapy. ..
- Lacolley P, Regnault V, Nicoletti A, Li Z, Michel J. The vascular smooth muscle cell in arterial pathology: a cell that can take on multiple roles. Cardiovasc Res. 2012;95:194-204 pubmed publisher..VSMCs are also involved in the response to proteolytic injury via their ability to activate blood-borne proteases, to secrete antiproteases, and to clear protease/antiprotease complexes. ..
- McKinnon R, Sinclair C. Angiotensinamide in the treatment of probable anaphylaxis to succinylated gelatin (Gelofusine). Anaesthesia. 1994;49:309-11 pubmed..The principal feature of the reaction was one of cardiovascular depression. An infusion of the angiotensin analogue, angiotensinamide was successful in the treatment of the reaction and allowed completion of the surgery. ..
- Barbry P, Hofman P. Molecular biology of Na+ absorption. Am J Physiol. 1997;273:G571-85 pubmed..A different situation is observed in rat kidney, in which the large stimulation of ENaC activity is mainly via posttranslational mechanisms. In both tissues, aldosterone increases cell surface expression of the ENaC subunits. ..
- Duggan J, Nussberger J, Kilfeather S, O MALLEY K. Aging and human hormonal and pressor responsiveness to angiotensin II infusion with simultaneous measurement of exogenous and endogenous angiotensin II. Am J Hypertens. 1993;6:641-7 pubmed..0, and 10 ng/kg/min were greater in the old than in the young (9.1 v 2.8, P < .05; 16.3 v 8.0, P < .01; 30.4 v 14.0%, P < .001, respectively).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Persu A, Vinck W, El Khattabi O, Janssen R, Paulussen A, Devuyst O, et al. Influence of the endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene on conventional and ambulatory blood pressure: sib-pair analysis and haplotype study. J Hypertens. 2005;23:759-65 pubmed..They indicate the importance of ambulatory blood pressure and haplotype analysis in revealing the moderate effect of polymorphisms on blood pressure. ..
- Sandeep T, Walker B. Pathophysiology of modulation of local glucocorticoid levels by 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenases. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2001;12:446-53 pubmed..These data provide encouragement that novel therapies will arise from a fuller understanding of the 11beta HSD system...
- Dharmani M, Mustafa M, Achike F, Sim M. Effect of des-aspartate-angiotensin I on the actions of angiotensin II in the isolated renal and mesenteric vasculature of hypertensive and STZ-induced diabetic rats. Regul Pept. 2005;129:213-9 pubmed..This function appears to be present in animals with diseased state of hypertension and diabetes. It is likely that DAA-I functions are modified to accommodate the ongoing vascular remodeling. ..
- Gorup B. Production of large-scale peptides in solution. Biochem Soc Trans. 1990;18:1299-306 pubmed