Genomes and Genes
Summary: The endogenous compounds that mediate inflammation (AUTACOIDS) and related exogenous compounds including the synthetic prostaglandins (PROSTAGLANDINS, SYNTHETIC).
- Yin M, Liu Q, Yu L, Yang Y, Lü M, Wang H, et al. Downregulations of CD36 and Calpain-1, Inflammation, and Atherosclerosis by Simvastatin in Apolipoprotein E Knockout Mice. J Vasc Res. 2017;54:123-130 pubmed publisher..The results suggested that the attenuation of atherosclerotic lesions in ApoE KO mice by simvastatin might be associated with the downregulations of CD36 and calpain-1 and with inflammation. ..
- Nakagawa R, Muroyama R, Saeki C, Goto K, Kaise Y, Koike K, et al. miR-425 regulates inflammatory cytokine production in CD4+ T cells via N-Ras upregulation in primary biliary cholangitis. J Hepatol. 2017;66:1223-1230 pubmed publisher..One particular target, N-Ras, could be an attractive and novel immunotherapeutic option for PBC. Microarray data are deposited in GEO (GEO accession: GSE93172). ..
- Liaw J, Peplow P. Differential Effect of Electroacupuncture on Inflammatory Adipokines in Two Rat Models of Obesity. J Acupunct Meridian Stud. 2016;9:183-90 pubmed publisher..To explore these changes further and how they might affect insulin resistance would require a modification to the research design to use larger group sizes for the two models or to give a greater number of EA treatments. ..
- Sinagra E, Pompei G, Tomasello G, Cappello F, Morreale G, Amvrosiadis G, et al. Inflammation in irritable bowel syndrome: Myth or new treatment target?. World J Gastroenterol. 2016;22:2242-55 pubmed publisher..Understanding the mechanisms underlying low-grade inflammation in IBS may help to design clinical trials to test the efficacy and safety of drugs that target this pathophysiologic mechanism. ..
- Ho M, Ingle J, Bongartz T, Kalari K, Goss P, Shepherd L, et al. TCL1A Single-Nucleotide Polymorphisms and Estrogen-Mediated Toll-Like Receptor-MYD88-Dependent Nuclear Factor-?B Activation: Single-Nucleotide Polymorphism- and Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator-Dependent Modification of Inflammation and Immune R. Mol Pharmacol. 2017;92:175-184 pubmed publisher..These observations greatly expand the range of pathways influenced by TCL1A genotype and raise the possibility that this estrogen- and SNP-dependent regulation might be altered pharmacologically by SERMs. ..
- Riaz A, Khan R, Afroz S, Mallick N. Prophylactic and therapeutic effect of Punica granatum in trinitrobenzene sulfonic acid induced inflammation in rats. Pak J Pharm Sci. 2017;30:155-162 pubmed..However in therapeutic procedure significant change was observed only at 8ml/kg. Thus results of the present study suggest that P. granatum have a role in prevention as well as treatment of inflammation. ..
- Hotamisligil G. Foundations of Immunometabolism and Implications for Metabolic Health and Disease. Immunity. 2017;47:406-420 pubmed publisher..Lastly, we discuss how this work may eventually lead to tangible therapeutic advancements to promote health. ..
- Passos L, Magalhães L, Soares R, Marques A, Nunes M, Gollob K, et al. Specific activation of CD4- CD8- double-negative T cells by Trypanosoma cruzi-derived glycolipids induces a proinflammatory profile associated with cardiomyopathy in Chagas patients. Clin Exp Immunol. 2017;190:122-132 pubmed publisher..These findings may have implications for designing new strategies of control or prevention of Chagas disease cardiomyopathy by modulating the response to GCL. ..
- Wang Y, Fu J, Li X, Li Y, Li C, Zhou C. Effects of hemodialysis and hemoperfusion on inflammatory factors and nuclear transcription factors in peripheral blood cell of multiple organ dysfunction syndrome. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2016;20:745-50 pubmed..05). Hemodialysis combined with hemoperfusion in treating MODS patients could significantly improve the biochemical indicators, effectively remove the inflammatory mediums, and significantly inhibit the activation of NK-ÎºB. ..
- Furtado M, Hasham M. Properties and Immune Function of Cardiac Fibroblasts. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;1003:35-70 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we will briefly discuss these aspects of cardiac fibroblast biology and then focus on their immunomodulatory role in the heart. ..
- Komatsu W, Itoh K, Akutsu S, Kishi H, Ohhira S. Nasunin inhibits the lipopolysaccharide-induced pro-inflammatory mediator production in RAW264 mouse macrophages by suppressing ROS-mediated activation of PI3 K/Akt/NF-?B and p38 signaling pathways. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2017;81:1956-1966 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that nasunin exerts an anti-inflammatory effect and this effect is mediated, at least in part, by its antioxidant activity. ..
- Yanamoto S, Babazada H, Sakai S, Higuchi Y, Yamashita F, Hashida M. Anti-inflammatory Effect of Self-assembling Glycol-Split Glycosaminoglycan-Stearylamine Conjugates in Lipopolysaccharide-Stimulated Macrophages. Biol Pharm Bull. 2017;40:540-545 pubmed publisher..Comparison of HP and LH derivatives revealed that fractionated smaller heparin has greater anti-inflammatory activity. ..
- Boniakowski A, Kimball A, Jacobs B, Kunkel S, Gallagher K. Macrophage-Mediated Inflammation in Normal and Diabetic Wound Healing. J Immunol. 2017;199:17-24 pubmed publisher..In this review, we highlight the molecular and epigenetic factors that influence MΦ polarization in both physiologic and pathologic wound healing, with particular attention to diabetic wounds. ..
- Wang J, Zhao H, Fan Z, Li G, Ma Q, Tao Z, et al. Long Noncoding RNA H19 Promotes Neuroinflammation in Ischemic Stroke by Driving Histone Deacetylase 1-Dependent M1 Microglial Polarization. Stroke. 2017;48:2211-2221 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that H19 promotes neuroinflammation by driving HDAC1-dependent M1 microglial polarization, suggesting a novel H19-based diagnosis and therapy for ischemic stroke. ..
- Cheung Y, Brinkman T, Mulrooney D, Mzayek Y, Liu W, Banerjee P, et al. Impact of sleep, fatigue, and systemic inflammation on neurocognitive and behavioral outcomes in long-term survivors of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Cancer. 2017;123:3410-3419 pubmed publisher..Systemic inflammation may play a role in neurocognitive impairment and behavioral symptoms. Cancer 2017;123:3410-9. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Solovey A, Somani A, Belcher J, Milbauer L, Vincent L, Pawlinski R, et al. A monocyte-TNF-endothelial activation axis in sickle transgenic mice: Therapeutic benefit from TNF blockade. Am J Hematol. 2017;92:1119-1130 pubmed publisher..Its presence, plus the many benefits of etanercept observed here, argue that pilot testing of TNF blockade should be considered for human sickle cell anemia, a challenging but achievable translational research goal...
- Wang J, Han W, Gao Z, Wang Y, Wu L, Zhang J, et al. Elevation of CD16+CD56+ NK-cells and down-regulation of serum interleukin-21 (IL-21) and IL-1? after splenectomy in relapsed hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis of unknown cause. Hematology. 2017;22:477-483 pubmed publisher..Splenectomy can improve clinical symptoms and survival of patients with relapsed HLH of unknown cause. The mechanism is likely related to the changes in percent NK cells and cytokines (IL-21 and IL-1?) after surgery. ..
- May Wilson S, Sud A, Law P, Palin K, Tuupanen S, Gylfe A, et al. Pro-inflammatory fatty acid profile and colorectal cancer risk: A Mendelian randomisation analysis. Eur J Cancer. 2017;84:228-238 pubmed publisher..17, 95% CI: 1.01-1.35, PÂ =Â 0.041). Results from our analysis are broadly consistent with a pro-inflammatory FA profile having a detrimental effect in terms of CRC risk. ..
- Eid A, Abdelkader N, Abd El Raouf O, Fawzy H, El Denshary E. Carvedilol alleviates testicular and spermatological damage induced by cisplatin in rats via modulation of oxidative stress and inflammation. Arch Pharm Res. 2016;39:1693-1702 pubmed publisher..The current study reveals a promising protective action of carvedilol against cisplatin-induced reproductive toxicity by virtue of its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. ..
- Lee I, Kim D, Bae J. Sulforaphane Reduces HMGB1-Mediated Septic Responses and Improves Survival Rate in Septic Mice. Am J Chin Med. 2017;45:1253-1271 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that SFN is a possible therapeutic agent that can be used to treat various severe vascular inflammatory diseases via the inhibition of the HMGB1 signaling pathway. ..
- Jin C, Park H, So Y, Nam B, Han S, Kim J. Comparison of the Anti-Inflammatory Activities of Supercritical Carbon Dioxide versus Ethanol Extracts from Leaves of Perilla frutescens Britt. Radiation Mutant. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..Taken together, supercritical carbon dioxide extraction is considered the optimal process for obtaining high IK content and anti-inflammatory activities in leaf extracts from the P. frutescens Britt. radiation mutant. ..
- Baumann A, Buchwald D, Annecke T, Hellmich M, Zahn P, Hohn A. RECCAS - REmoval of Cytokines during CArdiac Surgery: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials. 2016;17:137 pubmed publisher..German Clinical Trials Register number DRKS00007928 (Date of registration 3 Aug 2015). ..
- Park C, Shin M, An B, Joh H, Lee J, Roh S, et al. Heat-Processed Scutellariae Radix Protects Hepatic Inflammation through the Amelioration of Oxidative Stress in Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Mice. Am J Chin Med. 2017;45:1233-1252 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that heat-processed Scutellariae Radix acts as an anti-inflammatory agent by ameliorating oxidative stress in the liver of mice with LPS-induced liver injury. ..
- Zamorano P, Marín N, Cordova F, Aguilar A, Meininger C, Boric M, et al. S-nitrosylation of VASP at cysteine 64 mediates the inflammation-stimulated increase in microvascular permeability. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2017;313:H66-H71 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a dual role of VASP in endothelial permeability. In addition to its well-documented function in barrier integrity, we show that S-nitrosylation of VASP contributes to the onset of endothelial permeability. ..
- Mathiessen A, Conaghan P. Synovitis in osteoarthritis: current understanding with therapeutic implications. Arthritis Res Ther. 2017;19:18 pubmed publisher..This article will review current knowledge on the prevalence of synovitis in OA and its role in symptoms and structural progression, and explore lessons learnt from targeting synovitis therapeutically. ..
- Furuncuoglu Y, Tulgar S, Dogan A, Cakar S, Tulgar Y, Cakiroglu B. How obesity affects the neutrophil/lymphocyte and platelet/lymphocyte ratio, systemic immune-inflammatory index and platelet indices: a retrospective study. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2016;20:1300-6 pubmed..Future studies that use these parameters and indices must take the participants' BMI and smoking status into account. ..
- Henríquez A, House J, Miller D, Snow S, Fisher A, Ren H, et al. Adrenal-derived stress hormones modulate ozone-induced lung injury and inflammation. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;329:249-258 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that ozone-induced lung injury and neutrophilic inflammation require the presence of circulating epinephrine and corticosterone, which transcriptionally regulates signaling mechanisms involved in this response. ..
- Schepisi G, Santoni M, Massari F, Gurioli G, Salvi S, Conteduca V, et al. Urothelial Cancer: Inflammatory Mediators and Implications for Immunotherapy. BioDrugs. 2016;30:263-73 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarized data on inflammatory mediators and discussed implications for treatment with new immune-related drugs in UC patients. ..
- Nakao T, Horie T, Baba O, Nishiga M, Nishino T, Izuhara M, et al. Genetic Ablation of MicroRNA-33 Attenuates Inflammation and Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Formation via Several Anti-Inflammatory Pathways. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:2161-2170 pubmed publisher..MiR-33 deficiency in recipient mice was also shown to contribute the inhibition of AAA formation. These data strongly suggest that inhibition of miR-33 will be effective as a novel strategy for treating AAA. ..
- Araújo D, Guerra G, Pintado M, Sousa Y, Algieri F, Rodríguez Nogales A, et al. Intestinal anti-inflammatory effects of goat whey on DNBS-induced colitis in mice. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185382 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that goat whey could have applications for the treatment of IBD. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhang Y. Pterostilbene, a novel natural plant conduct, inhibits high fat-induced atherosclerosis inflammation via NF-?B signaling pathway in Toll-like receptor 5 (TLR5) deficient mice. Biomed Pharmacother. 2016;81:345-55 pubmed publisher..The results above indicated a novel therapeutic strategy of pterostilbene to protect against atherosclerosis via TLR5 regulation for clinic treatment in the future. ..
- Feng B, Chen S, Gordon A, Chakrabarti S. miR-146a mediates inflammatory changes and fibrosis in the heart in diabetes. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2017;105:70-76 pubmed publisher..Identification of such mechanisms may potentially lead to the development of novel RNA based therapeutics. ..
- Catanzaro R, Zerbinati N, Solimene U, Marcellino M, Mohania D, Italia A, et al. Beneficial effect of refined red palm oil on lipid peroxidation and monocyte tissue factor in HCV-related liver disease: a randomized controlled study. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2016;15:165-72 pubmed..RPO beneficially modulates oxidative stress and, not least, downregulates macrophage/monocyte inflammatory parameters. RPO can be safely advised as a valuable nutritional implementation tool in the management of chronic liver diseases. ..
- Uluçkan O, Wagner E. Role of IL-17A signalling in psoriasis and associated bone loss. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2016;34:17-20 pubmed
- Meloche J, Lampron M, Nadeau V, Maltais M, Potus F, Lambert C, et al. Implication of Inflammation and Epigenetic Readers in Coronary Artery Remodeling in Patients With Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:1513-1523 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study demonstrates that increased BRD4 expression in coronary arteries of patient with PAH contributes to vascular remodeling and comorbidity development. ..
- Maes M, Crespo Yanguas S, Willebrords J, Weemhoff J, da Silva T, Decrock E, et al. Connexin hemichannel inhibition reduces acetaminophen-induced liver injury in mice. Toxicol Lett. 2017;278:30-37 pubmed publisher..This study shows for the first time a role for connexin hemichannels in acetaminophen-induced acute liver failure. ..
- Kong W, Peng Y, Peng B. Modulation of neuroinflammation: Role and therapeutic potential of TRPV1 in the neuro-immune axis. Brain Behav Immun. 2017;64:354-366 pubmed publisher..Together, the literature supports the hypothesis that TRPV1 may represent potential therapeutic targets in the neuro-immune axis. ..
- Zeng M, Sang W, Chen S, Chen R, Zhang H, Xue F, et al. 4-PBA inhibits LPS-induced inflammation through regulating ER stress and autophagy in acute lung injury models. Toxicol Lett. 2017;271:26-37 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the role of autophagy that contributes to cell survival may depend on the activation of ER stress. ..
- Liu S, Liu I, Lin T. Truncated Escherichia coli thioredoxin induces proliferation of human blood mononuclear cells and production of reactive oxygen species as well as proinflammatory cytokines. Cell Biochem Funct. 2016;34:226-32 pubmed publisher..The possibility of eliciting PBMC proliferation and switching this activity on/off by redox control provides a perspective for developing Trx83 as a PBMC stimulatory agent. Copyright © 2016 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Lu G, Pan Y, Kayoumu A, Zhang L, Yin T, Tong Z, et al. Indomethacin inhabits the NLRP3 inflammasome pathway and protects severe acute pancreatitis in mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;493:827-832 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data showed that Indo could protect pancreatic acinar cell from injury by inhabiting NLRP3 pathway and decreased the severity of SAP accordingly. ..
- Dubey B, Jackson M, Zeigler Johnson C, Devarajan K, Flores Obando R, McFarlane Anderson N, et al. Inflammation polymorphisms and prostate cancer risk in Jamaican men: Role of obesity/body size. Gene. 2017;636:96-102 pubmed publisher..Associations of inflammatory SNPs with obesity are suggestive and require further validation in larger cohorts to help develop an understanding of PC risk among obese and non-obese men of African descent. ..
- Herman A, Autieri M. Inflammation-regulated mRNA stability and the progression of vascular inflammatory diseases. Clin Sci (Lond). 2017;131:2687-2699 pubmed publisher..We also detail RBPs as targets of current anti-inflammatory modalities and how this may translate into better treatment for vascular inflammatory diseases. ..
- Borin T, Shankar A, Angara K, Rashid M, Jain M, Iskander A, et al. HET0016 decreases lung metastasis from breast cancer in immune-competent mouse model. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178830 pubmed publisher..Thus, HPßCD-HET0016 showed potential in treating lung metastasis in a preclinical mouse model and needs further investigations on TME. ..
- Nguyen V, Truong C, Nguyen B, Vo T, Dao T, Nguyen V, et al. Anti-inflammatory and wound healing activities of calophyllolide isolated from Calophyllum inophyllum Linn. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185674 pubmed publisher..These findings may enable the utilization of CP as a potent therapeutic for cutaneous wound healing...
- Blighe K, Chawes B, Kelly R, Mirzakhani H, McGeachie M, Litonjua A, et al. Vitamin D prenatal programming of childhood metabolomics profiles at age 3 y. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;106:1092-1099 pubmed publisher..This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00920621. ..
- Barrachina L, Remacha A, Romero A, VÃ¡zquez F, Albareda J, Prades M, et al. Effect of inflammatory environment on equine bone marrow derived mesenchymal stem cells immunogenicity and immunomodulatory properties. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2016;171:57-65 pubmed publisher..This study provides a better understanding about the behaviour of eBM-MSCs inside the inflamed joint and constitutes a first step to improve MSC-based therapies for equine joint diseases. ..
- Shirai M, Arakawa S, Teranishi M, Kai K. Decreased hepatic phosphorylated p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase contributes to attenuation of thioacetamide-induced hepatic necrosis in diet-induced obese mice. J Toxicol Sci. 2016;41:245-53 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that a prompt decrease in phosphorylation of p38 MAPK after TA administration is one of the factors that attenuate TA-induced hepatic necrosis in HFD mice. ..
- Lee C, Lee Y, Wang C, Tsai H, Chiu C, Liu L, et al. Polygonum multiflorum Decreases Airway Allergic Symptoms in a Murine Model of Asthma. Am J Chin Med. 2016;44:133-47 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that PME produces anti-asthma activity through the inhibition of Th2 cell activation. ..